Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1646 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Tierce »

Sorry, Garmr, but that kind of behavior does not make you welcome in our future games. If you go "fuck you" to a player and replace out, the players and the moderators have every right to assume you are going to do that in the future. Behavior that is against the spirit of the game is not welcome under my watch.

Magua: I understand the sentiment. I've done the same thing, and I understand it comes out of frustration and can be rather justified. However, you are wrong on two points:

This wasn't a "random setup". Yes, the Vig being Compulsive was probably anti-Town. However, you are familiar with Vi setups. The only reason the claim wasn't believable was because of penguin_alien, and I cannot and will not defend her decision to fakeclaim.

We did provide tools for the Town, and Vi does so in all setups--just because Vi doesn't like Cops doesn't mean other investigative roles aren't present. You had a Vigilante, that is supposed to deal with scum and/or (it's interchangeable, really) people who don't give a shit.

Again, I understand the irritated "contribute or get the hell out" kind of post. I just wish more people heeded it instead of not bothering with the game, and unfortunately, that kind of post tends to do more to encourage posting delinquency than actually getting people to shape up.

Obviously, the Town couldn't be expected to assume walked into a club was not a Mason, and that meant Cabd got away with doing all kinds of outrageous things. Voting first in MyLo? Really? It made it so much more painful to see.

Thank you all for playing. I hope you had as much fun as possible given the circumstances.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1650 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1648, Garmr wrote:soon after I replaced out I found that cabd was scum
I would like to know how you learned this. Who was talking about an ongoing game?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1668 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1667, Does Bo Know wrote:And I've always thought the golden rule was to have fun. Yes, I do understand that it's a commitment to join a game, and I do understand if I would be banned from joining any of Vi's games for a while because of the instability of my slot in this game...but I wasn't having fun, and I figured someone else would've had more fun in my slot in this game. Someone else would give the slot more attention than I was giving it. And I've never been a fan of players that complain that their play was worse for outside reasons...that's exactly what I was doing.
The golden rule is
not
to have fun. Yes, it's a game. But it's also a
psychological
game. Part of the scum's goal is to ensure the Town is so demotivated with their circumstances that they do not have the drive to read the game, to lynch well, to form Townblocks, etc. That can include deliberately sowing apathy. Replacing out because you're not having fun is not an acceptable excuse. If you're Town and you're not having fun, there's probably something in the game that needs fixed, and it's up to the playerlist to do it, not to
quit
. When you replace out, you are abandoning your win condition, so "replacing out for someone to give more attention to the slot" i.e. "for someone to be more proTown" damages a balance that was
deliberately
created
inside
the game with an event from
outside
the game.

If the game is not fun, MAKE it fun. Fight through the apathy. Go up against the scum who are producing it. Yeah, it's hard, but it's a valid scum strategy and your job as Town is to thwart that from
inside
the game. Replacing out because you're not having "fun" is not acceptable in our games and violates the integrity of the game. You made a commitment to play the game when the game started, and it was not a commitment to "play while the game is fun for me".

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”