Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Generic »

Desperado is town. That's clear.

Mara you need to post from your hydra and I will be able to make a call on you... Or do you fear my ability to read you?

Majiffy won't have a clue again, I've seen his mafia ability first hand... Not up to much.

Pieguyn, that brief assessment shows me who you know at least.

The rest.... Meh.

Let's see that insta wagon like last time now. Bring it.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:07 am

Post by Generic »

Desp, she traded hard on her cred on MS in wingate to get backing against me. I called her as scum on page 3 was it?

My RL issues also helped her. She has neither to her advantage now. So if she's scum she will not be able to hide it for long.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:07 am

Post by Generic »

Her cred and friendships should I say. I said it at the time I was the outsider.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 am

Post by Generic »

In post 56, T S O wrote:Generic Town?
I know, hard to take those words in ain't it.

I will get it on a t shirt if it helps to process that.

T S O... Townish.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 66, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 13, Majiffy wrote:VOTE: Amethyst Kitty
You're up first.
bastard.

You said troll, does that mean you don't plan on doing anything?
In post 36, Generic wrote:Desperado is town. That's clear.

Mara you need to post from your hydra and I will be able to make a call on you... Or do you fear my ability to read you?

Majiffy won't have a clue again, I've seen his mafia ability first hand... Not up to much.

The rest.... Meh.

You know I don't fear anything Generic, and you're going straight for discrediting me again before I even post. What's up with that? We can make a 1v1, a
true
1v1, happen.

Simple question.

Do you have a scum read on me?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Generic »

You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

You know I don't fear anything Generic, and you're going straight for discrediting me again before I even post. What's up with that? We can make a 1v1, a
true
1v1, happen.
In post 74, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 69, Generic wrote:
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.

Simple question.

Ur no fun :/

no, I don't have a scum-read on you, and I don't think I should. Am I wrong?

VOTE: Desp

Why request 1v1 with someone you think might be town?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:54 am

Post by Generic »

In post 98, Telo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Generic

with a quick deadline like this I think we need to be a little bit faster and fiuriouser in forming our reads. I'm not getting anything from Generic. Would like to see some reasoning even if it is a bit premature we need something to go off of.
If you are going to drop a vote on me you might want to make the reason good.

Your contribution to this game do far is what exactly? To help you I looked. 2 RVS vote involving banana skin comments, a question to pie and terp about each other, a fencesit comment on desp that's so fluffy it might as well be a sheep and a thank you post to garmr.

Amethyst kitty, wind blown, and marquis have all posted under 5 posts, and amythest kitty proposed a 1v1 with someone she is apparently town reading.

Want to try again, or try to mislynch lower hanging fruit?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Generic »

*2 RVS posts
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Generic »

Kitty, whichever head this is, whats the reasoning to choosing windblown?

Im considering your point about time limits and best lynch options, but why him?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:42 am

Post by Generic »

I would ask mara about how I generally 'react' to poor votes and case brought at me.

I take no prisoners, it encourages actual cases of value.

And point two, just because you would have accepted a half assed answer doesn't mean I'm happy to leave it at that. I have a full response, and now I wait on the inevitable response... Although it does help when others try and fight these things for the person, opens up buddying/white knighting potentials. So thanks for that.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Generic »

Also you and I interpreted her post differently. I read as she is voting me for not giving enough reasoning to reads... Hence my point that she hasn't given much of anything at all, and I hate hypocricy.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Generic »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5392071#p5392071]post 124[/url], Minions wrote:
In post 122, Windblown wrote:Well I don't know what your usual behavior is, so I'm just going off a baseline of how people generally react to a single vote on them.

Your interpretation of her post is also valid, in that case, there's still the question of why she has your reads in question as opposed to others'.
Totally agree, I'm waiting on her response.
Sorry, that would be the (not so) anonymous Hydra I'm in :p
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:21 am

Post by Generic »

In post 127, Majiffy wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you use too many pronouns, Generic?
No, you would be the first majiffy...

Let's see,I've been told I post too often, too much emotional content, too much aggression, too much anger, too many hypotheticals, too much paranoia, too many over reactions...

I am liking majiffy, I'm sure he wanted to say much more to me but for a self confessed troll he kept it high brow.

Kudos.

Will catch up on the best case for lynch when I can today.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:23 am

Post by Generic »

In post 133, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 119, Windblown wrote: To her credit Generic seemed to overreact to 1/7 of a lynch going his way, I thought just the first sentence of his #101 was an adequate response considering the vote didn't have much basis to start with but then it looks like he tries to discredit Telo's vote because she hasn't contributed much, which seems to be freaking out a little unnecessarily.
What reaction are you talking about? I saw no over-reaction at all whatsoever coming from his slot
In post 120, Generic wrote:I would ask mara about how I generally 'react' to poor votes and case brought at me.

I take no prisoners, it encourages actual cases of value.

And point two, just because you would have accepted a half assed answer doesn't mean I'm happy to leave it at that. I have a full response, and now I wait on the inevitable response... Although it does help when others try and fight these things for the person, opens up buddying/white knighting potentials. So thanks for that.
I react badly to terrible reasons on why I'm scum, I must have gotten it from somewhere :P

Lol, you are reading far more townie in this at present, I much prefer knowing I can listen to your opinions without the fear of a hidden agenda... Let's hope I'm right here.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Generic »

Slandaar
Marquis
Grimgroove
Garmr
BigTerp
Telo

That's the list of 5 I need to get down to 2. The ones no longer on the list from the 12 are not written off, I just don't see any reason to lynch them today.

Time for a bit of ISOing.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Generic »

The rest.... Meh.

In post 40, Generic wrote:Desp, she traded hard on her cred on MS in wingate to get backing against me. I called her as scum on page 3 was it?

My RL issues also helped her. She has neither to her advantage now. So if she's scum she will not be able to hide it for long.
In post 57, Generic wrote:

T S O... Townish.
In post 89, Generic wrote:
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.

Simple question.

So we have desperado opinion, comments to a lead up to pressure on the mara head of AK, baiting of the guy who laid out the troll cards in his opening, a read on TSO, and a point on a potential slip on AK (I have later reassessed her as less of an issue based on a gut feel relating to knowing her well).

You seemed to take issue with me that I wasn't doing anything, when I was forming loud opinions and drawing focus from people I wanted to reaction test. You in the meantime had done sod all as I pointed out. And there were at least 4 people if not more with less than 10 posts in the game, 2-3 of wgich were in the RVS stage each or fluff posts to show activity without actually doing anything.

Yet you thought voting for me was the best place to put it. And when I responded you ignored me and answered generically (no pun intended) to the game, and even that excuse was bullshit and you had to retract it and make up a different shitty reason.
In post 101, Generic wrote:

with a quick deadline like this I think we need to be a little bit faster and fiuriouser in forming our reads. I'm not getting anything from Generic. Would like to see some reasoning even if it is a bit premature we need something to go off of.

Your contribution to this game do far is what exactly? To help you I looked. 2 RVS vote involving banana skin comments, a question to pie and terp about each other, a fencesit comment on desp that's so fluffy it might as well be a sheep and a thank you post to garmr.

Amethyst kitty, wind blown, and marquis have all posted under 5 posts, and amythest kitty proposed a 1v1 with someone she is apparently town reading.

There is the post you ignored, so before you further press me over what im doing, what the hell are you actually doing?

Tela is in one of the two spots BTW if that hadn't been clear from above. Once I have two I would vote for I will assess them against eachother.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Generic »

Shit, first part of the post went missing, lets try that again....

It was a process of elimination, I have been over the course of the game ruling people out who I have taken a good vibe from, sometimes from a single act and sometimes for several subtle things.

Then I take the rest and start looking for the good or the bad.

You telo are my main focus actually, because you seem to be trying to position yourself in the seat of control, telling me I need to justify myself every step of the way yet clearly you are not being very truthful.

Lets have a look at this shall we...

In post 131, Telo wrote:I don't have reads on everyone. I'm still formulating them based on interaction and voting and what not.

At the time I placed my vote on Generic he hadn't uttered an opinion about anyone in the game... not even in jest (RVS). If I'm gonna analyze there has to be something there; hence the vote.
In post 132, Telo wrote:ok, I take it back. Upon reread his very first sentence in the game is an opinion on Desp.

But I still think my vote was worthy it gives others a possible read into ME and what I'm looking for in the game.

I'll let the vote stand as I continue to read.
A few posts there about you reason for voting for me. You spotted I had passed comment on desp, but shall we see what I did by the time we get to you vote post at #98?

The rest.... Meh.

In post 40, Generic wrote:Desp, she traded hard on her cred on MS in wingate to get backing against me. I called her as scum on page 3 was it?

T S O... Townish.
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.

Simple question.

So we have desperado opinion, comments to a lead up to pressure on the mara head of AK, baiting of the guy who laid out the troll cards in his opening, a read on TSO, and a point on a potential slip on AK (I have later reassessed her as less of an issue based on a gut feel relating to knowing her well).

You seemed to take issue with me that I wasn't doing anything, when I was forming loud opinions and drawing focus from people I wanted to reaction test. You in the meantime had done sod all as I pointed out. And there were at least 4 people if not more with less than 10 posts in the game, 2-3 of wgich were in the RVS stage each or fluff posts to show activity without actually doing anything.

Yet you thought voting for me was the best place to put it. And when I responded you ignored me and answered generically (no pun intended) to the game, and even that excuse was bullshit and you had to retract it and make up a different shitty reason.

There is the post you ignored, so before you further press me over what im doing, what the hell are you actually doing?

Tela is in one of the two spots BTW if that hadn't been clear from above. Once I have two I would vote for I will assess them against eachother.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Post by Generic »

OK, generic has returned and generic is going to tell you what generic has analysed... (that better Majiffy? ;) )

Anyway, to the 5 names left to sift through

Slandaar - First 9 posts are nothing of value. All RVS, fluff and discussion about a past game. Then on post 10 sheeps a vote from garmr with poor reasoning.
2 more posts of nothing, then finally he enters into the game with a question (to grim). But then doesnt follow up on the question before jumping in with a few town reads and an attack on desp and grim.
Presses pie to answer a question yet has not bothered with the one he threw out, but returns to grim with a statement format question.
Does follow up this one at least with grim, but both seem to be happy with pie's list out of the blue yet the arguement is over the number of scum identified...? We can only lynch one person at a time, so even if someone only had a single scum read i dont get the arguement. But i digress.
Post #125 is good pressure on pie, and even though he was protecting pie from grim earlier that felt more defending against the poor point (and in turn putting more pressure back on grim) rather than actively defending pie, who slandaar had pushed to answer the question previously.
Direct answer to majiffy and then more pressure on pie.
The last few posts are much better than the first half of his posting, with strong pressing and questioning, a request to be questioned while he is online due to the deadline (inviting the scrutiny so answers can flow immediately) and then waving away role fishing questions without an overreaction.

Overall a slow burner into the game, but he hit the NOS button after he settled into the race i think ;) Town for now, and off the list.

And then there were 4...

Marquis - 4 posts, none of which hold any sort of value. 2 in RVS, one fluff comment and a fluff 'catching up' post.
Lurky scum potential.

Grimgroove - Good opening post, opinions on players and although at that stage in the game the reasoning is not as vital he still lays firm reasoning to the opinion.
Presses how a question is being dodged. Again fine.
Oh dear, we have a game mechanics arguement to try and pin accusation on someone. These always end badly. This isnt a scum tell as both alignments can make silly theories like this, but the arguement is awful from grims side of the fence.
Persists with the stupid logic, again its null cos gambiting scum or overeager townie could do the exact same thing.
#87 is troubling. Grim knew about the past game. Even if he hadnt made the connection that the three named scum in pies list were the scum last time he has argued this inside knowledge of the number of scum crap for two posts when he should surely have been aware the last game had 3 scum... meaning logically if someone wants to assume anything 3 scum makes perfect sense. And the nature of the turnaround here is a little bit forced to me.
A good final post, with analysis on players that looking at mine now seem to draw the same conclusions from the same factors. The vote on garmr seems genuine given how his voting has been, and its off a post i also questioned of garmr's (see below).
Town pass for now.

Garmr - First three posts are throwaway (RVS, fluff). Points out someone might have a post restriction... null for the time being. A stupid unvote/revote post which is sold as a conversation igniter but serves as fluff. More fluff in responding to majiffy's joke formatted question about being behind him in a wagon, and then further affirms hes happy with his vote and that im town. No expansion or involement.
References the comments to the previous game and how it alienates those who werent in it. Seems to place doubt in his own point, feels a bit non commital.
Post #130, the post that gives me hope for this player being town. Garmr runs through all the concerns i have just stated above and answers them (spookily as if he knew i would ISO him and build the previious opinions... :o ) And this post is a very good town cred earning post.
Finishes strong from here with answering questions and applying opinion.
To return to the TFATF analogy Garmr saw slandaar hit his boost but held off his button for those few moments longer to get the kick later for the line.

Town for now.

BigTerp - Scum, he voted for me.

Ok, so seriously, his opening is like a few openings in that he RVS votes, responds to pie's query as to not noticing the reference to the previous game.
Post #8- is good because while still referencing the previous game he makes it relevent to this game for reading others. He offers a couple of opinions on the general play of grim and TSO.
Post #82 is interesting, because he dismissed the pie list as RVS which would make sense if he spotted the reference to the last game, and then makes a different assumption on the team breakdowns (which is strange if the last game had three scum, but that wouldnt make it set in stone either).
Presses AK for more detail on a read, but places no agenda to it (devoid of opinion, just a question). Foes on to defend slandaar to desp.
More positive opinion on players, still no clear cut suspects. Starting to feel a bit like not wanting to rock the boat with anyone.
Post #96, finally commits to a negative read on someone. Based off an attack on grimgroove by TSO. So much wifom here so i wont expand at this time.
Yet another town/positive read.
#116, mindful of the dealine but feels an impulse lynch will not help, which is fair enough. But given the play up to now from him his only suspect is TSO yet he didnt offer this as the best lynch option for the day. Something here is feeling a little... coasting.
Takes issue with AK limiting the pool to choose a lynch from. We all have our ways of doing these things so to question it isnt the problem... the problem is that this statement was made on friday so with only 3 RL days of play in front of us and the need to sleep each night we all have the idea that he wants to stifle someone reducing the pool to focus pressure on a few seems a bit misguided... or has an agenda.
Asks his only scum read up to now why he thinks majiffy is scum... no pressure applied to TSO since his vote nor any follow up and then this remains the only interaction since.
And then finally to the kicker, his last post. After pressing AK regarding not needing to rush a decision, wondering why windblown for lynch and further pressing the point about not limiting options so quickly, just 24 hours later he goes 'Fuck it' and votes windblown, pushing him to L-2?!?
I have a shortlist of three, Bigterp has done the opposite of Garmr and slandaar in that he started well, he was first off the line of these 5 players, yet he wasted that NOS momentum and is now stalling... okay, the analogy is falling on its arse now.

So my big three suspects are (in order):
Bigterp
Telo
Marquis

Based on how it has read to me,
vote big terp
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Post by Generic »

And to be clear, I only see value in voting for telo or big terp today, marquis is one for pressure if he isn't replaced.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Generic »

I don't get any comments at all for the NOS references? Damn you people suck.

Anyway, I have my big three, and marquis is on there but I feel the other two are scummier.

But if the only option is marquis I will consider moving the vote.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Generic »

Sorry, didn't realise I was still logged into my hydra... Clearly you can see that's from me
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Generic »

I've done it with both hydras, at least that one wasn't the anonymous one I'm in :p
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Generic »

vote telo

Less than a day. I would prefer big terp but we are running out of time.

The two wagons with three are grim and tell. I advise people to consider these and those players to consider if a claim is required to save themselves.

Let's get some movement guys.

Desp, you and I appear to be thinking along the same lines with our reads, it's a good sign for me that someone else pro town is seeing the same thing.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Generic »

In post 220, Majiffy wrote:If this Desperado wagon doesn't pick up I'm probably going to just sheep your vote at deadline, jsyk.
I'm struggling to understand who you are referring to majiffy, try to use more proper nouns so I can tell who the fuck you're talking about because sometimes it seems a bit vague.

;)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by Generic »

Easy one for me, 'twas my first choice for lynch.

vote big terp
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by Generic »

And now I see the breadcrumb mara and her friend... Gladiator isn't a role I'm very familiar with having only seen it here, but your 1v1 comment now makes total sense.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Generic »

To understand grim you need to understand the complicated relationship between me and mara.

We will more often than not wish to read the other as early as possible because we know each others game.

Neither of us are perfect at it but her breadcrumb spoke volumes to me now I've seen the connection.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Generic »

When it becomes relevant to do so I will tackle it grimmy, promise.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Generic »

In post 250, Telo wrote:had a response post and didn't save it when the thread locked :mad: #1 reason my vote was on Marquis. Will rewrite later but for now

VOTE: Amethyst Kitty
No reason was ever actually given.

But interestingly the post before that vote had telo's current reads:
In post 245, Telo wrote:ok my reads so far

Town:

Grim
reads town to me. When somebody says something off the wall about me and I'm looking around like - does no one else see this shit?- Are we playing the same game? That just strikes me as a very town reaction.

TSO

Generic
yes, I was pushing for some commitment, it seemed like a long time coming but once we got there it was worth it.

Null

Slandar
Marquis

Confused

I have no idea what to think of Desp... as I was doing my first read through I had him in the town pile but post and others have me wtf'ing.

Mafia

Gamr
Pie
I don't want my vote to get confused with an OMGUS vote. But it sticks out pretty blatantly in post when you say that you're voting me to sheep Generic when he isn't even voting me until . That's a blatantly opportunistic vote and it sets off warning bells.

The reason my vote is on Marquis instead of Pie is because I really was looking for a fast paced game. I have no idea Marquis' alignment because there's nothing to go on except the "catching up" and then nothing. I'd rather vote Pie but I'm willing to cut Marquis if it helps the game momentum.

I'm on Pacific time but I will be around all night for developments.
No read at all on either AK or big terp.

Yet no explannation given for choosing AK...
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Generic »

In post 151, Marquis wrote:pokemon y is super addicting.

catching up bbl
In post 251, Marquis wrote:prod received, hectic weekend

somebody tell me why we can only vote for these kids i guess i missed it

no i didn't catch up yet stfu
In post 259, Marquis wrote:well i wasn't sure if amy was joking or not but judging by the explanation it's prob not

VOTE: terp

yeah yeah opportunistic yeah yeah haven't read terp's posts yeah yeah whatever i'm not lynching a proven power that's too self-endangering to be scum

pedit yeah yeah yeahs
In post 316, Marquis wrote:Telo is whiteknighting likely I will read later

Tell and marquis are definite scum. The amount of fluff posting is ridiculous from marquis, and the self awareness finale sealed that.

I just hope my read on big terp was right too, his offering up the T/S list seemed township until I realised he was fighting to overturn the wave of votes that was heading his way.... We shall see.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 318, Marquis wrote:I'm sorry that making short posts is a sign of scum to you because you're refusing to treat each player individually. go back to open 510
In post 308, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Oh TSO is nulltown, and window has done enouj sine i pressured him to be town, and marquis I couldn't challenge cuz con mafia
explain me
The misrep and meta excuse only serves to further the belief . I never once called your posts too short, I said to see fluff posting (posting to avoid prod but not actually giving any content) and you are self aware.

You have been 'going to read' or 'catching up' all game. And when you placed down our vote you imediatrly sent on a defence of an attack that hadn't even taken place.

Now it's 'look at my town game, I'm playing to that' and claiming I took issue with a point that would be pretty harshif true. Which it wasn't.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by Generic »

Your point against me makes no sense telo.

I picked you out first for trying to narrow my choice for vote to two. You were clearly scummy, and the OMGUS suggests you still are. I then proceeded as I said I was going to to analyse the remaining 5. I did that which was covered in a comprehensive post. My vote on big terp showed that. I also had marquis down as a third option cos in the end he stood out as scummy but hadn't done enough to be above you telo or big terp.

I then moved to you when the deadline was getting very close as you had a larger wagon. I want to see you both lynch cos I read you both as scummy do back the one I felt would be lynches by deadline.

Then AK did her 1v1 with big terp do I returned to him, a player I had already scum read and voted for.

So please summarise again your case against me. Because all I see is you back off me when you realised I wasn't low hanging fruit and you were found out, you then vote without offering a single reason why (making two votes this game you have had shitty/no reasoning to it) and when I continue to point out you are scummy still you OMGUS me with a reason that I can't even fathom but has something to do with MY voting patterns?
And as for the attack on me about marquis, on evahain I have done a little thing called justifying the suspicion.. I know that alien to you telo.

Telo, marquis and big terp. I said it before after I finished my analysis and if big terp is wrong I will reassess the others in the list day 2. But don't forget
telo and marquis
are scum.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Generic »

In post 357, Majiffy wrote:We should probably accept that we're going to lose this game.
In post 256, Desperado wrote:With that said, the fact that he did this means he isn't really reading the thread, which
seems like something scum-Majiffy would do
. Guess
he gets to stay null
!
Are you a professional landscaper? Your hedges are great.

VOTE: AK
Makes more sense to sort her alignment than Terp's.
Quote of the game so far.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Generic »

A note to the mod and all players:

I shall be V/LA for the next few days as it my daughters birthday. I shall return in due course, but as I'm sure you are aware some things are far more important. :)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 404, Telo wrote:notes from yesterday revised with current information incoming sometime this afternoon.
Look forward to it...
In post 430, Telo wrote:Sorry, this afternoon turned into late tonight. Posting from my nook so it might be a bit disjointed.

ISO on slaan leads me to believe he was innocent.
Big Terp's parting words re Majiffy and me... attempting to deflect the mafia away fro us as night targets?
Conceivable since we two voted AK. If so... if so nothing he's dead too.
I LOLd here. A reread of slandaar showed him to be innocent? I came to the same conclusion when the mod revealed him to be town when he was killed...
In post 432, Telo wrote:Happy birthday to Generic's daughter my present to her is that I'll save my vote on her old man until he returns to the game.

Interactions between pie and gamr... I had gamr as a guilty read earlier and I'm tossing that completely out. The struggle between the two could be TvT. I doubt it. Gamr is def townier than pie.
Thankyou for the birthday wishes, she had a great time.

And it's not an issue to comment on me when I'm v/la you know, especially in light of the flip of big terp.

But I'm back now, so feel free to assess me again.
In post 434, Telo wrote:Mzrquis continues to disappoint :(
Desp is just wrongish
TSO I'm not getting a read on so I'm going town there.
Majiffy keeps getting lumped in with me. Fisrt thought is that he must be town too. But I've been tricked like thzt before so whatch it. There's some sneaky shit in this game.
Grimgrove. I'll get back to you on that.
Fluffier than a lamb. There's reads here, but no meat on the bone. You claimed I was scum for no commitment to reads, yet what I contributed that lead to that comment was war and peace compared to that analysis.
In post 435, Telo wrote:Whos that leave?
AK and wind

Yeah desp said I voted "wrong" in the throw down but since Terp was innocent I don't feel I did vote wrong. Not to say that AK is guilty but what was the reason for the challenge and why Big? He hadn't done anything standoutish at that point.

Wind, tsk tsk tsk
And lambikins posting part two. "AK was scummy, but not really, but maybe she is..."
In post 448, Telo wrote:I concur on Marq, I've taken huge months long breaks from playing because I know certain seasons I can't keep up with the commitment level of the game.
Starting in a fast game and then claiming rl hardships seems contrived. It would be less suspicious if it was something unplanned like an illness.

Having said that, school is more important than playing but if you know you're going to be bogged down join a 2week game. Good luck on mt's.
Marquis has been far more involved elsewhere, I would have pitched that rather than the lecture but meh.

vote telo

Feel no differently. (S)he drew my attention when (s)he assumed I was low hanging fruit, since then every post hasn't seemed right to me as I have been pointing out along the way.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by Generic »

OMGUSing telo? I never had you down as that bad a player.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:38 am

Post by Generic »

I did indeed. First to do so too I think, and I don't think there was a lot of pressure on him before that.

Do you think that's a scum gambit telo? Making a case against someone and voting for them? I call that scumhunting but i have read what you are doing so maybe the concept is alien to you. Should I be making vague comments about people that are neither one thing or another and don't show any reasoning to them?
If you are going to try and discredit me telo you need to try harder, I stand by my vote on big terp because at the time it made sense. I also suspect marquis who you were guiding up a push on yet you OMGUS me instead having no case. If you believe I'm the best choice to lynch today why hold off the vote?
My theory is you were waiting to see if I ignored my case against you from the previous day before deciding whether to try and push a wagon on me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:39 am

Post by Generic »

*building up a push
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:10 am

Post by Generic »

So by your logic to regain credibility for my list I would push the marquis lynch, not only easy to push through given the suspicion on him but also I then remove the doubt terps flip created.

But I'm not, I'm pushing on the 'strong town' as you call yourself (LOL). So why do that if scum?

See what I mean telo, I'm up for fighting your attempt to discredit me... But can you at least try?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Generic »

Desperado and TSO are very towny, I have no doubt... but they are disillusioned. However:
In post 451, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
VOTOCOUNT DAY 2 NUMBER 3

grimgroove (3) - garmr kitty pieguy
majiffy (2) - desperado tso
telo (2) - windblown generic

pie (1) - marquis
desperado (1) - majiffy
generic (1) - telo

not voting - grimgroove
there are 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

deadline is in (expired on 2013-10-27 12:00:00)
These two here are clearly onto something....
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Generic »

On a serious note we do need to start getting some direction. GGs wagon I haven't even looked at because I hadn't been scum reading him. If I must look at it I will, but for now im pitching the telo wagon... on calling herself "strong town" alone there is an issue here... But if someone wants me to compound my case against her again please say so.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Generic »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5412527#p5412527]post 476[/url], Minions wrote:I made an assumption. That list held absolutely no reasoning to it, so it was either random or people they knew well (as it turned out they weren't good mates as I had assumed but people who were scum in a previous game, but the thought process wasn't far off).

Mafia is a game of psychology at the end of the day. Everything someone posts has a purpose or a motivation. And that is why it fascinates me so much.

*sigh*

That's from me...
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Generic »

Because the one thing about forums that seems constant is that we will either reach out or tease our mates over the unfamiliar usernames. I will joke, pressure or just test those I know well because I will expect reactions from meta on them, whereas the new guy is an unknown.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Generic »

In post 488, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 430, Telo wrote:Sorry, this afternoon turned into late tonight. Posting from my nook so it might be a bit disjointed.

Big Terp's parting words re Majiffy and me... attempting to deflect the mafia away fro us as night targets?
WHat do you think of this post Generic?

I thought it made her a little bit more town
Explain how?

I see someone trying to handwave a scumread from a now proven townie while at the same time explain away (when not actually needing to) their survival of night phase.

I may have confbias though. But I don't see the town value in it no.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Generic »

For those willing and able to re d it, here is. Ll my telo cases together:

In post 156, Generic wrote:Shit, first part of the post went missing, lets try that again....

It was a process of elimination, I have been over the course of the game ruling people out who I have taken a good vibe from, sometimes from a single act and sometimes for several subtle things.

Then I take the rest and start looking for the good or the bad.

You telo are my main focus actually, because you seem to be trying to position yourself in the seat of control, telling me I need to justify myself every step of the way yet clearly you are not being very truthful.

Lets have a look at this shall we...

In post 131, Telo wrote:I don't have reads on everyone. I'm still formulating them based on interaction and voting and what not.

At the time I placed my vote on Generic he hadn't uttered an opinion about anyone in the game... not even in jest (RVS). If I'm gonna analyze there has to be something there; hence the vote.
In post 132, Telo wrote:ok, I take it back. Upon reread his very first sentence in the game is an opinion on Desp.

But I still think my vote was worthy it gives others a possible read into ME and what I'm looking for in the game.

I'll let the vote stand as I continue to read.
A few posts there about you reason for voting for me. You spotted I had passed comment on desp, but shall we see what I did by the time we get to you vote post at #98?

The rest.... Meh.

T S O... Townish.
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.

Simple question.

In post 315, Generic wrote:
In post 250, Telo wrote:had a response post and didn't save it when the thread locked :mad: #1 reason my vote was on Marquis. Will rewrite later but for now

VOTE: Amethyst Kitty
No reason was ever actually given.

But interestingly the post before that vote had telo's current reads:
In post 245, Telo wrote:ok my reads so far

Town:

Grim
reads town to me. When somebody says something off the wall about me and I'm looking around like - does no one else see this shit?- Are we playing the same game? That just strikes me as a very town reaction.

TSO

Generic
yes, I was pushing for some commitment, it seemed like a long time coming but once we got there it was worth it.

Null

Slandar
Marquis

Confused

I have no idea what to think of Desp... as I was doing my first read through I had him in the town pile but post and others have me wtf'ing.

Mafia

Gamr
Pie
I don't want my vote to get confused with an OMGUS vote. But it sticks out pretty blatantly in post when you say that you're voting me to sheep Generic when he isn't even voting me until . That's a blatantly opportunistic vote and it sets off warning bells.

The reason my vote is on Marquis instead of Pie is because I really was looking for a fast paced game. I have no idea Marquis' alignment because there's nothing to go on except the "catching up" and then nothing. I'd rather vote Pie but I'm willing to cut Marquis if it helps the game momentum.

I'm on Pacific time but I will be around all night for developments.
No read at all on either AK or big terp.

Yet no explannation given for choosing AK...
In post 449, Generic wrote:
In post 404, Telo wrote:notes from yesterday revised with current information incoming sometime this afternoon.
Look forward to it...

I LOLd here. A reread of slandaar showed him to be innocent? I came to the same conclusion when the mod revealed him to be town when he was killed...
In post 432, Telo wrote:Happy birthday to Generic's daughter my present to her is that I'll save my vote on her old man until he returns to the game.

Interactions between pie and gamr... I had gamr as a guilty read earlier and I'm tossing that completely out. The struggle between the two could be TvT. I doubt it. Gamr is def townier than pie.
Thankyou for the birthday wishes, she had a great time.

And it's not an issue to comment on me when I'm v/la you know, especially in light of the flip of big terp.

But I'm back now, so feel free to assess me again.
In post 434, Telo wrote:Mzrquis continues to disappoint :(
Desp is just wrongish
TSO I'm not getting a read on so I'm going town there.
Majiffy keeps getting lumped in with me. Fisrt thought is that he must be town too. But I've been tricked like thzt before so whatch it. There's some sneaky shit in this game.
Grimgrove. I'll get back to you on that.
Fluffier than a lamb. There's reads here, but no meat on the bone. You claimed I was scum for no commitment to reads, yet what I contributed that lead to that comment was war and peace compared to that analysis.
In post 435, Telo wrote:Whos that leave?
AK and wind

Yeah desp said I voted "wrong" in the throw down but since Terp was innocent I don't feel I did vote wrong. Not to say that AK is guilty but what was the reason for the challenge and why Big? He hadn't done anything standoutish at that point.

Wind, tsk tsk tsk
And lambikins posting part two. "AK was scummy, but not really, but maybe she is..."
In post 448, Telo wrote:I concur on Marq, I've taken huge months long breaks from playing because I know certain seasons I can't keep up with the commitment level of the game.
Starting in a fast game and then claiming rl hardships seems contrived. It would be less suspicious if it was something unplanned like an illness.

Having said that, school is more important than playing but if you know you're going to be bogged down join a 2week game. Good luck on mt's.
Marquis has been far more involved elsewhere, I would have pitched that rather than the lecture but meh.

vote telo

Feel no differently. (S)he drew my attention when (s)he assumed I was low hanging fruit, since then every post hasn't seemed right to me as I have been pointing out along the way.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by Generic »

Why is it I'm the only one who seems to notice telo has not done any actual scum hunting?

She has a running scum list of 5 by my last count. Her analysis of wind blown was 'tsk tsk tsk'.

And this passes for town play around here?

Barring an amazing case on someone else my vote will not be moving... And that's until one of us is dead btw, not just this day phase.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 501, Telo wrote:That series of 4 posts was written in the middle of the night after a very long day. Not to say that most of my posts are not written in the middle of the night simply because that's when I have time to play as my chores are done and my kids are in bed but those four posts in particular are me not completely coherent. I can see that I was trying to participate LOL but not much was making it from my brain to the page and I was in bed posting from my nook which isn't always easy.

But I'm ok with you just leaving your vote on me all game. Town will quickly decide that I'm the more valuable player (yes strong town) and get rid of you. Fine by me.
Yeah I'm sure they will find your incoherent midnight posting vital to the hunt.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:22 am

Post by Generic »

In post 504, Telo wrote:So I was kinda loopy that night. If it wasn't vital then just disregaard it. You're not the only other player in this game and some people found my posts humorous if nothing else. I'm not going to apologize for playing the game even if I'm half dead posting.

I tend to post after everything else in my day is complete so sometimes I'm fried. It is what it is.
If anyone ever needed further proof she is gambiting.

Telo has spent the last few posts saying she is strong town, important town, vital town... Yet the moment I point out she has been effectively useless all game she flips to 'woe is me' like I'm randomly attacking her play.

You can't play the victim when you big yourself up to threaten me telo, unless that still part of you 'humourous play'.

Your exact quote:
Town will quickly decide that I'm the more valuable player (yes strong town) and get rid of you.
A baseless threat that instead of living up to this self naming standard you revert to 'don't pick on me'.

It's not even laughable, it's just poor scum gambiting.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #48) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Generic »

With such short time I would be willing to vote marquis if that feels the better option. I was wrong on big terp so would hate to have tunnelled telo out to find she was just having an awful game.

If people want marquis then get his wagon up, because I won't be moving til I see we can get the wagon done in time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”