Mini 1482: Castle - A Mafia Murder So Vile (GAME OVER)

serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:53 am

Post by serrapaladin »

VOTE: Bert
Hi Bert!

Hi you guys. 4 days on the clock isn't too bad.

I just need to go find a new lightbulb for this room, then I'll start catching up.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

@mala: Love the flavour, my summer hasn't had nearly enough Castle!

Now, some thoughts from my first read-through in more or less chronological order and probably with very little structure:

I'm not a fan of Desp's defence of Nati and the accompanying Bert vote.
In post 87, Bert wrote:Making empty posts is not the same as being gone and not posting. Do you think we're going to lynch Natirasha for lurking like this? No, but this should be a wake-up call to get his head in the game. I don't claim to be some super genius, but it's still urgent to get discussion going. I am so not happy with how my vote on Natirasha is being perceived.

How is finger-pointing empty? I made a fair accusation saying that she/he should be more serious about the game and not just say "this game isn't catching my interest." I've heard scum (Majiffy in Micro 189) just come in and say "this game hasn't caught our interest yet. I'll be back later"....and then come back days later when a huge portion of the day is already in the books. I have a low tolerance for that.
This is pretty town motivated.

Now, it's not as though a lack of early interest is particularly scummy, but Bert's vote was fine. Desp's, however, was bad.

Nati himself is either genuinely not engaged or playing his cards close to his chest. Either way he'll remain difficult to read until later on. I don't like the smug "look I got you guys talking", but he's neither here nor there.

Lynx here sounds different to scum-Lynx in Rach's Newbie. Her play here is a bit looser, which probably means she's town (or just doesn't have the pressure of fery scrutinising her, but I think the former.)

Om reads town, but I'll need to keep an eye on Ms. Marple (HI YOU, btw. It's been a while!).

is terribly uncharacteristic for town-Wisdom. I don't think I've ever seen him come in with a read-list after being called out for being too quiet. Town-Wisdom usually comes up with something indignant about how he doesn't play all of his town games the same way and continues as he was. I'll give him the point against fitz though.

by mollie pretty much bang on agrees with my thoughts. mollie is tentatively town, but I know she can make as much sense as scum, so I'll leave that as a maybe.

is pretty horrible. I remember sort of liking town-tne, so some new meta on him might be in order.

peng is also going to be an issue to read.

fitz continuing to go after mantis for the picture thing is just silly. In addition, Nati and slimer are pretty convenient targets to go after.

sounds like town-Mara, which is a relief.

I believe Om's frustration at Wisdom. Also thinking tater/macmollie is likely town-town.

Could we just policy-lynch slimer? Like seriously, he's not going to replace out, he won't contribute, and he'll be a liability towards endgame.

by Bert is truly painful. If he were a stronger player he'd be scum for how fake that is, but as is I might just have to ignore him.

Mantis might be scum. The 'reads' she tries to piece together in and the following justifications look pretty fake.

In her discussion with mollie, mantis is looking a bit townier though.

Tater is still town - I particularly like the Mara half, and I think she might be right about Wisdom, too.

Desp's Nat vote is pretty opportunistic.
In post 370, Natirasha wrote:(obviously im playing
numberwang
with these numbers, bear with me)
<3

I like peng's and her tne vote. I'm not completely convinced of tne-scum, but peng's points are at least decent ones to make, and I don't think scum-Peng would kickstart a new wagon at that point.

Ooh, but I don't like Wisdom's tne vote. He seems way too glad about having found a suitable mislynch target that he can write off as a DL lynch.

So I feel desp/Wis as scum, with a likely third among {slimer, mantis, Nati, fitz}. If I'm wrong about desp, tne shoots towards the top of that list.

My plug for today's lynch would probably be slimer though. What mollie has been saying is absolutely true and somehow slimer has actually managed to look worse here than usual. We can call it semi-policy.

It's genuinely a much better idea to take care of slimer now when our lynch would be the least informed.

VOTE: slimer
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 427, Wisdom wrote:
In post 419, serrapaladin wrote:So I feel desp/Wis as scum, with a likely third among {slimer, mantis, Nati, fitz}.
no tne in here despite calling one of his posts horrible. Noted.
Perhaps you should have read the second part of that line? The one where I say that if desp is town tne becomes a serious option? You know, because desp has been hard-defending tne for weak reasons?
In post 422, Wisdom wrote:slimer votes are terrible btw. Especially from people who have played with him before.
We'll figure him out later
, we're not lynching him now.
That's not how it works. There's a reason slimer has such a good scum record. Towns just don't lynch him. He won't give us something to figure him out by, and his lynch is just going to be more costly later on.
In post 423, Wisdom wrote:
In post 419, serrapaladin wrote:Ooh, but I don't like Wisdom's tne vote. He seems way too glad about having found a suitable mislynch target that he can write off as a DL lynch.
I could point at anyone and call them a DL lynch, why would it have to be specifically tne? Your assumptions are wild and bad.
But PA had just started the tne wagon. There had been so much discussion about the wagons and mollie et al, that pointing at one of those as a DL lynch would have raised more questions, whereas a brand new DL lynch is perfect to latch on to as scum.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Want to show me a game where you've read him correctly as scum?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

A short scum one

A slightly less short town one

For bonus points, I was scum with him in the first, and replaced into LyLo as town in the second.

If he's delivering as little content as he is now, I find his two games virtually indistinguishable.

That's not quite true Wisdom. You won't get the same feel as if you're playing with them, but some elements of a person's play are pretty distinguishable by a decent meta-dive.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Wis, how do you anticipate slimer's play changing? He's still V/LA for 2 weeks or something, so if we don't lynch him today, chances are we won't D2.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Activity overview has him V/LA until the 27th...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:21 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 455, Sweet Pertayter wrote:Serra

You've never seen Scum-mara, so what are how are you deciding how I sound like as town without that?

BUT HAI, LONG TIME NO SEE

Can you explain your desp read?
Except I have...awkward :/

Desp's Bert vote was awful. His lack of push-back after some people scumread him is nothing like the Nuzlocke, and the Nati push while wking tne doesn't look right (e.g. )

I really think slimer should go today, though, what do you think about him?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:26 am

Post by serrapaladin »

"If you don't think Nat is town, she is a much better lynch today" is just terribly awkward phrasing. It's sort of wanting to shift the wagon over to Nat without taking responsibility for it. "She's not null anymore" about Nati is equally awkward. That looks different to how you took stances and developed reads in Nuzlocke.

The way you're defending him, you're not scum with tne.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 am

Post by serrapaladin »

364 came first and 367 was prompted. 407 stuck out because of how horrible the phrasing was. Your comment on 392 is petty.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Eh, he's lurked his way to a scum win too many times, and I've seen towns allow him to lurk D1 and maybe 2, only to decide to lynch him for lurking on D3, when you really can't afford the mislynch. D1 lynches on a whole are pretty sub-par, and so far the only hints of readable play I'm seeing from him are reminding me of some of his scumgames, so we might as well deal with this now.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 467, Wisdom wrote:slimer is a convenient D1 mislynch to push, isn't he?
No, actually. Not at all. In the current site meta, people get up in arms if they so much as sense the word 'policy'. There were plenty of people who had already been put under pressure and would have been easier mislynches so this is not just a "loaded" question, but bullshit.

slimer, if you scum-lurk for a few days only to replace out, that's really no different. Even disregarding the games where you replaced out, there's hardly any difference between your play in the Longest Micro and Faith +1, neither of whom I would want around, and you're posting less now than in either.

slimer's townread on fitz is hilariously unjustified.

Lynx was sort of overeager to convict slimer, but I'm still leaning town-overeagerness.
In post 503, macmollie wrote:
In post 462, serrapaladin wrote:"If you don't think Nat is town, she is a much better lynch today" is just terribly awkward phrasing. It's sort of wanting to shift the wagon over to Nat without taking responsibility for it. "She's not null anymore" about Nati is equally awkward. That looks different to how you took stances and developed reads in Nuzlocke.

The way you're defending him, you're not scum with tne.
this is a terribly weird post since I read that what you were saying was awkward was how mara said you had never played with her when she has been scum.

since that was the post you quoted.

and now it kind of looks like you are moving flagpoles in order to include something you never addressed in the first place. :/

I think some call it misdirection
I'm not sure if you need to lay off the drugs or a lesson in reading comprehension, but here goes:

Mara said I have never seen her as scum, when I actually had. Her not remembering having played with me is
situationally
awkward.

Then there was my reply to desp. I had said that his Nati push didn't look right; he asked why, and I responded that his
phrasing
("well, if you don't really think Nat is town, maybe you guys could vote him instead...") was awkward and uncharacteristic.
In post 504, macmollie wrote:
In post 474, Wisdom wrote:
In post 472, Sweet Pertayter wrote:
In post 467, Wisdom wrote:slimer is a convenient D1 mislynch to push, isn't he?
This is a loaded question.
Nope, this was me stating that I think slimer is being pushed because he's a convenient easy mislynch.
then why are you not pushing sera harder?
Oh my...
In post 505, macmollie wrote:VOTE: sera

I'm seriously starting to entertain that TNE might be right about mollie, and even if he's not, that last post doesn't look like scum.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I'll let you try to remember that one :) to be fair, it wasn't particularly long, and you killed me, but I have played with scum-you...

And oh that scum-game of mine was awful. Not one of my proudest moments.

Do you still think Wisdom is most scummy? If not slimer, who else would you consider?

I'm not particularly feeling a tne lynch, and no one is interested in desp, so if people keep hating on me wanting to lynch slimer I might join you on Wisdom.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:35 am

Post by serrapaladin »

So we have 36 hours left and the deadline is somewhere in the middle of Sunday night, so we really need to get something done.

You guys are obviously intent on letting slimer play this sort of game, so I can only hope he'll replace out or something. I really don't have the tenacity to see this through. If he is scum and wins this, or if he's town and ends up getting mislynched in LyLo, I'll just need to avoid games with him, or better play with people I know don't fuck around with lynching lurkers and other anti-town play.

UNVOTE:

On to greener pastures (not really):
In post 517, macmollie wrote:I don't think there is a thing wrong with my reading comprehension skillz when you quote 1 post, never address it and then respond to another.
Jesus fuck mollie, I've rarely seen you this stupid. The only time I quoted anyone in that exchange was where I quoted mara. Mara said I'd never played with scum her, to which I responded that I had, and she asked me to explain my desp read, which I did. was in reply to the post above it by desp. This is really not that complicated.

Bert, why is TNE's 509 terrible?

I'll also point out that scum-desp isn't showing any interest in finding a lynch.

fitz is a horrible vote.

I could see myself voting Wisdom, desp, or mollie. TNE maybe, but only as a deadline lynch.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Does that mean you feel better about slimer's recent "content". Nati?

Can we lynch just lynch desp?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Fair, I thought the same thing before I realised she was making fun of mollie's.

I'm amazed that slimer manages to agree with something Bert posted in error...

Anywho, let's do this:

VOTE: Desp
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:09 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 538, Wisdom wrote:insistence on the slimer lynch
In post 529, serrapaladin wrote:UNVOTE:
k
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:39 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Eh, it's not as though I have a personal grudge against slimer, it's just that I've grown tired of games hinging on whether or not the lurkers are town...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:28 am

Post by serrapaladin »

So mollie is voting me because she can't read, Wisdom is voting me because he thinks he has a good understanding of what I do and do not get annoyed at, slimer is voting me because of my push on him, and desp is voting me because?? Boy has this gone well for me. Worst of all, a likely 2-3 of them are town... At least I'll now have some meta on this site to point at the next time I go for a hard push on someone like slimer.

In post 548, Mantisdreamz wrote:desperado is a bad vote.
what use would he have as scum to move the lynch away from TNE? no one is that obvious as scum partners. and that's over the top whiteknighting
This is a truly, truly horrible post.

Desp is still a good wagon, but it doesn't look like he'll be lynched.

My current reads are something like:

Town
Bert
tne
Lynx
Nati
PA
Tater
fitz
wisdom
mantis
slimer
mollie
desp
Scum

Scum could reasonably be any combination below about PA. mollie/{slimer/desp}/fitz would work well, as would {wis,desp}/mantis/{slimer,tater}.

No lynching at an odd number with likely 1 NK is just really bad. I'm just a VT (Javier Esposito), so I'll be sure to self-hammer if you guys can't get the votes together, and get back to playing more f2f instead.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Wis, calling someone town for over-the-top whiteknighting is bullshit.

slimer, if your tag says V/LA and you only come back to defend yourself, that doesn't make you look any better in my book. That you would be "my only hope" of a scapegoat is ridiculous. Are you actually saying you think I'm scum with tne and tried to push the wagon off him?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:48 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Well I guess I can do that too if it brings us closer a lynch...

VOTE: Mantis
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Damn Sunday deadlines... who is actually around?

Mala: any chance we could get the deadline moved to Monday?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 595, Sweet Pertayter wrote:Mantis and Desp both have two votes without yours Serra, what are you doing?

I don't think Om wants to vote Mantis and
I don't see the case for scum-Serra other than that weird as fuck switch
In post 597, Sweet Pertayter wrote:No, wait

never mind. I missed Nat's Vote to Mantis

VOTE: Serra

I have a better feel for that lynch over the Mantis lynch
So the only reason you'd think I might be scum is because I switched from Desp to Mantis, but when you realise that I only changed because Nati voted, you decide to vote me anyway? Down my scumlist you go...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Yo mollie, I'm seriously not scum. Have you reread the exchange involving Tater, desp, and me? Would you vote Mantis or desp?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 612, Mantisdreamz wrote:Xpost gimme a chance to claim at least? Christ
It's not even funny how often this comes from scum. Town that wants to claim claims; scum that wants to claim asks for time to claim.
In post 607, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 602, Natirasha wrote:God dammit. Time for some bravado.

VOTE: Serrapaladin

Serra
: Please don't consider this vote against you via case. I think you are town and this lynch is being driven by scum. However, I refuse to allow a No Lynch to happen here. Rest assured, I will not let your death be in vain.
WHAT the hell is this!? You're saying you'd rather lynch town than a nolynch. What kind of fuckery am I reading.

EXPLAIN NOW.
Why are you even asking this? A no lynch is literally the worst thing that could happen with odd numbers. As I've said before, I'd rather self-hammer than let this go to no lynch.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 615, Malakittens wrote:Final decision is no. The only reason why I would extend it is if HavingFitz asked me to give him more time to catch up. Other than that there is really no "reason" to extend it, sorry.
Fair enough. Well at least there are a few people around now. I'm not a fan of Sunday deadlines.
In post 604, Sweet Pertayter wrote:and Serra, I don't think either of the major wagons are scum, but I have recently got a much better feel from Mantis than I have from you. I'd much rather keep her over you and the fact that you now reading me as scum because I chose her over you is strange.
I'm not reading, I'm just reading you as worse than before, and not because you chose me over Mantis, but because of the succession of two posts, the first of which claimed the only reason you'd consider scum-me was my vote switch, and the second of which removed that reason, but voted me nonetheless. If that's how you feel, I would have really expected a vote in the first of the two posts.
In post 618, theslimer3 wrote:@serra: Then a lynch and a nokill is the worse thing that could happen, yes?
Surely you can't be this daft. Even if the lynch is on town, you want the town to control who is removed from the game.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

If you're still around for a bit, don't hammer just yet.

I'm a bit busy for another 20 minutes or so, but I do still want to look through stuff.

Could we just have a role call of who's around at the moment, to see whether there is any use in discussing alternatives to mantis/me?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Alright, I've postponed other stuff, so I'm looking at this now.

UNVOTE:

My gut has mantis back up towards town, which is a bit of an issue.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

So my thinking cap is on, and I'll go through this bit by bit.

Serra
: Please don't consider this vote against you via case. I think you are town and this lynch is being driven by scum. However, I refuse to allow a No Lynch to happen here. Rest assured, I will not let your death be in vain.

Bert
: I think you are the most townie of those in this game. I think you and I are on a similar wavelength at the moment, please don't betray my trust here.

The Town
: I have an idea, but it will only work if I can set it up in private with a player. I know this is a leap of both trust and speculation, but if there is a neighborizer, please speak to me tonight.

The Scum
: I'm Om to you.

For the first time this game, I have a clear plan of action on how to proceed. Despite getting very little done today, I think the town is in prime position for day two. Let's finalize this lynch and go, folks.
This would be such an arbitrary thing for scum to come up with. Either there's some silly stuff going on and Nati has information he's trying to abuse, or this is genuine and he's town. I'm very much leaning the latter. Not lynching him today.
This still rings alarm bells, but other posts have me reconsidering.

Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Then:

actually reads genuine to me by tater. I'm willing to believe her, and I suppose that also makes me okay with her progression on me.

mollie still isn't.

Lynx is completely right about slimer, but that's something to address tomorrow.

The neighbour claim is annoying. I'd really want to leave that alone until we get more claims.

If Mala is doing this right, Castle is as likely to be a fakeclaim as anyone else.

As to why I'm being voted: slimer thinks I've been misrepping his meta to score an easy lynch, Wisdom thinks my annoyance at slimer is fake because I couldn't possibly be that annoyed at lurkers, and desp thinks???

Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Hey Wis, wanna talk about how you and mantis are Town/Town neighbours?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 681, Mantisdreamz wrote:BECAUSE.. this:
In post 673, serrapaladin wrote:So my thinking cap is on, and I'll go through this bit by bit.

Serra

Bert
: I think you are the most townie of those in this game. I think you and I are on a similar wavelength at the moment, please don't betray my trust here.

The Town
: I have an idea, but it will only work if I can set it up in private with a player. I know this is a leap of both trust and speculation, but if there is a neighborizer, please speak to me tonight.

The Scum
: I'm Om to you.

For the first time this game, I have a clear plan of action on how to proceed. Despite getting very little done today, I think the town is in prime position for day two. Let's finalize this lynch and go, folks.
This would be such an arbitrary thing for scum to come up with. Either there's some silly stuff going on and Nati has information he's trying to abuse, or this is genuine and he's town. I'm very much leaning the latter. Not lynching him today.
This still rings alarm bells, but other posts have me reconsidering.

"i think you are scum, but maybe not"
(twice)
Yes, you have posted a few really, really awful posts that. if coming from town make me want to leave an imprint of my forehead in my wall. Unfortunately, there are also posts of yours that sound genuine.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 685, Wisdom wrote:
In post 682, serrapaladin wrote:As to why I'm being voted: slimer thinks I've been misrepping his meta to score an easy lynch, Wisdom thinks my annoyance at slimer is fake because I couldn't possibly be that annoyed at lurkers, and desp thinks???
"guys im being voted for the wrong reasons, please dont lynch me"

^scum
"Scum caught for the wrong reasons" is such a bad tell. It doesn't work. Not even close. Town is as likely to argue against false accusations as scum.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 689, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 688, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 682, serrapaladin wrote:Then:

actually reads genuine to me by tater. I'm willing to believe her, and I suppose that also makes me okay with her progression on me.

mollie still isn't.

Lynx is completely right about slimer, but that's something to address tomorrow.

The neighbour claim is annoying. I'd really want to leave that alone until we get more claims.

If Mala is doing this right, Castle is as likely to be a fakeclaim as anyone else.

As to why I'm being voted: slimer thinks I've been misrepping his meta to score an easy lynch, Wisdom thinks my annoyance at slimer is fake because I couldn't possibly be that annoyed at lurkers, and desp thinks???

...ok.
am thinking of unvoting.

what do you mean by lynx is not right about slimer? do you have a town read on lynx? and what are your thought on slimer?

why is the neghbour claim annoying??

*back to thinking that you might be a good vote*
Are you kidding me? You are doing literally EXACTLY what you just voted me for doing.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I want to lynch desp. I really want to lynch slimer. I also sort of want to lynch mollie.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I think lynx is right about slimer, that he's still technically VLA, but has loads of time to post replies to attacks on him, but nothing else. I very much think lynx is town. slimer is the scummy side of null, but still needs to go.

Neighbour claims are annoying, because it's often useful to keep them alive until more of the setup is known, so we can judge how many of them are scum.

Oh just shut up Wisdom, you've made it obvious you're not considering any alternatives to your view, so just start preparing your letter of apology.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Mantis, why do you think I'm scum?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 686, serrapaladin wrote:Hey Wis, wanna talk about how you and mantis are Town/Town neighbours?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 704, Mantisdreamz wrote:if you are town, maybe you should start your apology preparation.
And whom shall I apologise to?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 704, Mantisdreamz wrote:i do think lynx is town,, for the most part.
In post 669, Mantisdreamz wrote:i'm starting to feel inclined to vote lynx
Seriously, what is with you?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Tell me why you think there's a town/town neighbour hood.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

desp, mollie, slimer, wis. basically in that order. if desp is town, tne moves up.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Look, if this'll just be you and me arguing which one of us should be lynched, I just don't care enough. I could have just logged off and let peng hammer you, but I thought I'd give it another look.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (isolation #43) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 718, Mantisdreamz wrote:also, what''s wrong with voting havingfitz? seriously
I don't think there are 7 of us online.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Actually, even desp probably isn't realistic anymore.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Mantis, what's wisdom's character?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

what did he say in your QT?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I don't want to lynch peng, but would consider mollie. Think we can get a majority?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Wisdom, why are you even here? You're not contributing and you're not showing any willingness to change your mind.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Would there be 7 here to go for fitz?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Mantis, even if we all agreed, there aren't enough people to get him lynched.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (isolation #51) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Hell, if peng is gone, there probably aren't even enough people to get you lynched...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

wis, is there any chance you'd vote mantis to avoid a no lynch?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Do you want me to self vote?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Hi Bert. How do you think this day should end?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I don't think Nat is scum. Peng might be, but she's not one of my real scumreads.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (isolation #56) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Well how do you think it should end?

How have I not been adamant?
In post 695, serrapaladin wrote:I want to lynch desp. I really want to lynch slimer. I also sort of want to lynch mollie.
Desp is my realest scumread. Mollie/slimer/wis come next, of which slimer most needs to die because just look at his posts.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Why are you even discussing him? We have much more urgent matters at hand.

Not true, Bert. If Mantis, Nati, you and me vote for me, I can be today's lynch :neutral:
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (isolation #58) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

^ was @mantis about fitz
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #59) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 782, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 779, serrapaladin wrote:Well how do you think it should end?

How have I not been adamant?
In post 695, serrapaladin wrote:I want to lynch desp. I really want to lynch slimer. I also sort of want to lynch mollie.
Desp is my realest scumread. Mollie/slimer/wis come next, of which slimer most needs to die because just look at his posts.
this is what i don't get. how is desp and wis, in the top for your scum reads?? can you explain? (i might have to look back some) (or if you have links, that would be good)
I could, but I'm really really tired. If you go through my iso, I'm sure you'll find a decent explanation of you're looking for, particularly for desp.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (isolation #60) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Hey Om. We're close to No Lynching.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (isolation #61) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR NAT. IT'S LITERALLY OF ZERO USE!!
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (isolation #62) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 798, Sweet Pertayter wrote:I'd rather no lynch than lynch Mantis or Serra right now
:cry:
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (isolation #63) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 799, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 796, serrapaladin wrote:WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR NAT. IT'S LITERALLY OF ZERO USE!!
it's my vote!!!
<3

I don't want to lynch Nat though.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #64) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 806, Sweet Pertayter wrote:
In post 803, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 799, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 796, serrapaladin wrote:WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR NAT. IT'S LITERALLY OF ZERO USE!!
it's my vote!!!
<3

I don't want to lynch Nat though.
Then don't waste your vote not voting.
Just because we have and hour and a half left doesn't mean you can't keep pushing for what you want.
:giggle:

GOGOGO!
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (isolation #65) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I'd really much rather not.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (isolation #66) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

The desp vote was a joke. We still don't have a majority, so there's no use.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (isolation #67) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 819, Wisdom wrote:Nope. serra and you are the only viable wagons and those two are the ones I've been on.
Yup, L-1 Mantis with intent to hammer really was never a viable wagon.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (isolation #68) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 824, Wisdom wrote:Mantis is not getting lynched, not today, not ever.
How can you possibly be so sure?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (isolation #69) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 829, Wisdom wrote:serra, at least vote Natirasha. Bert will probably be around to L-1 and then we only need a hammer. Better than doing nothing and accepting that our fate is no-lynch.
I would rather do this for fitz than Nati.

VOTE: fitz
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (isolation #70) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 830, Mantisdreamz wrote:serra, i just finished giving you the benefit of doubt, how about you do the same
Oh don't get me wrong, I do have you as town by now, I'm just wondering why wisdom is so sure of it.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (isolation #71) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 834, Wisdom wrote:We don't have fucking time for fitz
YOU STARTED VOTING NATI LIKE 10 FUCKING MINUTES AGO
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (isolation #72) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

So Wisdom knows scum-you?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (isolation #73) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 446, Wisdom wrote:
In post 445, Mantisdreamz wrote:(yes even though i unvoted) (wanted to think on it a bit)
Not liking this. It indicates that Mantis is thinking of what people will respond to her post and she's trying to cover these possible replies already. Meaning that she cares about how her post appears to others, which is a scumtell.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 851, Mantisdreamz wrote:why are you so concerned serra?
Concerned about what? I'm concerned about no-lynching, and I'm concerned about wisdom being scum.

So Wisdom, how's the "we don't have time for fitz" looking?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #75) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Nope, we're still at 6, so we need ommy to drop by, but this is as close as we would have gotten on anyone else without selfvotes.

pedit: hi ommy <3
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #76) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 865, Wisdom wrote:you're not getting my vote on this scum-made wagon.
ahahahahahahahaha
ahahah
ahaha
ha
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #77) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 886, Wisdom wrote:the problem is that this wagon was made by serra and Nat so they can avoid their lynches.
This is so untrue it's not even funny.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I'm going to enjoy reading this when I'm back, aren't I?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (isolation #79) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1251, Desperado wrote:5) Mantis, Penguin, Slimer lean town. SP, Bert, Serra lean scum. If Nat is scum, SP and Serra aren't which means one of the three lean towns is scum. Any more detail would be fabricated, which is why I don't feel compelled to make something up to satisfy you two.
Oh my...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (isolation #80) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Is anyone willing to lynch slimer today? I'll read this tomorrow.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (isolation #81) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Wis is tunnelling on me again, huh?

I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting, but I'm catching up now.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 932, Wisdom wrote:Anyone who townreads serra - fucking explain to me this.

serra states that he's willing to self-hammer over a no-lynch:
In post 577, serrapaladin wrote:No lynching at an odd number with likely 1 NK is just really bad. I'm just a VT (Javier Esposito), so I'll be sure to self-hammer if you guys can't get the votes together, and get back to playing more f2f instead.
That means he's willing to lynch someone who he knows town, the only one who he knows town, over a no-lynch. Good so far.

Then he refuses to vote Natirasha for a deadline lynch, which he supposedly does NOT know town. He tries to form wagons on anyone else, but when people vote Natirasha he goes "OMG NO DONT VOTE FOR NATIRASHA, ITS NO USE" and votes someone else instead. And then he and Natirasha form a wagon on havingfitz.

Tell me why the fuck would town-serra refuse to vote someone whose alignment he doesn't know when previously he was willing to vote himself in order to avoid the no-lynch. Go and read what happened and tell me why the fuck he would do it. See how he was talking about potentional mollie or Desp wagons, yet refused to vote Natirasha when Natirasha already had 4 votes on him. And then had no problem voting havingfitz either. Fucking explain how serra is town doing this.
So this is the big case for scum-me you've been banging on about? This is really quite a shit argument. Most basically, my lynch order went me<Nati<everyone else, but let me let these quotes show you why you're a complete moron instead.
In post 810, Wisdom wrote:seriously serra?

Vote Natirasha ffs
In post 811, serrapaladin wrote:I'd really much rather not.
In post 837, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 834, Wisdom wrote:We don't have fucking time for fitz
YOU STARTED VOTING NATI LIKE 10 FUCKING MINUTES AGO
In post 839, Mantisdreamz wrote:he is possible
In post 852, Lynx_Shine wrote:How is there no time for fitz he's had some accusations and consideration of being voted for the past several days. Nat's wagon also just started, what we don't have time for is debating whether or not there's time. Either get it done or don't. Like so:

VOTE: havingfitz
Wisdom wrote:WHAT FUCKING PART OF THERES NO TIME FOR FITZ DO YOU ALL NOT GET
Jesus fuck chill out how is there time for Nat and not fitz?
In post 854, Bert wrote:Fitz is not here and thus does not comprise one of us, leaving our maximum firepower at 7 votes

Nat is here; thus our total firepower on him/her is 6
If this is seriously the sort of argument Wis will tunnel on for 15 or so pages, I really don't know what else to say... I think one of us needs to go today, so scum can stop hiding in the noise of Wisdom shouting at people for not agreeing with his terrible case.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (isolation #83) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 970, Wisdom wrote:If you are town and read the post, you will care about the point he's making, that the neighbourhood is town/scum. You won't care about the "probably". So yeah, he was speaking in absolutes, only doing it in a way better for people to find the point good. If you go and blatantly post "The neighbourhood is town/scum, Wisdom is scum, period", people are not likely to agree with you as much.
Wow this is a bad post.
In post 990, Wisdom wrote:also slimer plays kinda the same as both town or scum (though there are differences),
Go die in a hole.
In post 1023, theslimer3 wrote:Dw guys, I'll tell you what I think about the NK when I get out of class.
VIVA LA KITTYLUTION
Can we lynch this yet?
In post 1025, macmollie wrote:I am leaning town on you only cos claiming neighbors is a bold move to do as scum and I can't determine as to whether or not wis or you would do that.
Also bad.
In post 1095, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1091, macmollie wrote:3. I would rather see myself lynched then have a no lynch go through. at least town would have useful info in the way of my reads.
That's not what I asked. Why didn't he vote Natirasha? Natirasha was the biggest wagon. He was willing to self-lynch to prevent a no-lynch, but he was not willing to lynch Natirasha to prevent a no-lynch. That's what I want explained.
In post 1119, Natirasha wrote:
In post 1118, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1114, Natirasha wrote:
In post 1113, Wisdom wrote:Because I cannot see how the fuck serra would do that as town.
Then, by this logic, why am I scum?
serra was okay with almost any wagon - Mantis, macmollie, Desperado, havingfitz - but not yours. If he is scum, why specifically not want your wagon but want anyone else's?
Perhaps he thought I was gullible(I had been on his side since his first post) and having a townie in your pocket is good?
Don't you dare.
In post 1173, Wisdom wrote:In other news, new fancy counterwagon so serra does not get scrutiny. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
<3
In post 1196, Wisdom wrote:tbh I'm not sure if I think he's town, if only because he agreed with my theory too easily.
Otherwise his play more or less looked no different than Nuzlocke, although I'll admit it has weakened today.
Maybe you're right about him, dunno.
You should really read Nuzlocke again and look how he responds to being called scum.
In post 1235, Wisdom wrote:Yeah.
So Desp is scum.
orly?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (isolation #84) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Wis, do you actually think desp and I might be buddies?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (isolation #85) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Nati, what's wrong with the interpretation that we're both town?

Hi Mantis, you're still town, right?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (isolation #86) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Nah you guys, I really think Mantis is town from our interaction at the end of D1. I don't know what to think about her derpiness, but unless it's a common characteristic of her scum game (which doesn't seem to be the case), I don't think I much care for her wagon.

Wisdom, are you honestly still on about why I didn't vote Nat? Good lord... What will it take for you to get it into that thick skull of yours that there were enough people around for a fitz lynch, and I read Nati as townier than fitz?

I definitely want desp before tne, but I admit haven't really given peng much thought.

Anyone interested in lynching slimer yet?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1426 (isolation #87) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1423, Wisdom wrote:There weren't enough people for anything at all at the time of the Natirasha wagon, and you tried to wagon Desp instead of voting Natirasha. You are blatantly lying.
In post 1425, Wisdom wrote:Bert don't you dare touch slimer. He's town and serra's mislynch fodder. He will keep spamming about lynching him because doing otherwise would confirm how fake that push was.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (isolation #88) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Aww, come on! Desp is a good wagon.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (isolation #89) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1431, Natirasha wrote:gonna sheep Wisdom
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (isolation #90) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:59 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Hey Wisdom, because others already anticipated my explanation, it must be a lie, amirite? Every second post here is Wisdom yelling about me being scum, so I'm bored. If Wis is scum, as I do still somewhat suspect, good for him, and if he's town, my flip is likely the only thing that'll set his head straight. I'm no Majiffy, so if you want Wisdom to stop you'll just need to lynch me.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (isolation #91) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:09 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1476, Wisdom wrote:there was NO indication that a wagon on fitz will ever happen.
How are you this stupid? Basically everyone around (including you) had indicated that they wouldn't be averse to a fitz wagon.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (isolation #92) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:23 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1485, Mantisdreamz wrote:think Desp is scum and was whiteknighting thenewearth
You're hilarious, you know that?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (isolation #93) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1489, Mantisdreamz wrote:i was just gonna say...... but you might flip out... that i could actually potentially see a scum slimer. trying to take on the appearance of just being lazy town.
<3
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (isolation #94) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Wisdom, the people on the Nati wagon at that point were: mantis, tater, you, and lynx.

You and mantis had already said you'd join a fitz wagon. Lynx had said equally little about nati and fitz, so I thought she would join. Nati had started talking about no-lynching, so I had the impression he wouldn't self-hammer. The only one mildly averse to a fitz wagon was tater.
In post 739, Wisdom wrote:The only person I'd lynch over serra right now is havingfitz. Or maybe Natirasha. But there's no time for either wagon to happen.
In post 594, Mantisdreamz wrote:Bert in response to 555 (can't quote it seems)
I dunno probably fitz? The guy my votes on.
I don't even remember who serra took over for.
if deadlines not soonish today, ill be able to give a better respinse.
dont think desp though.
In post 828, Natirasha wrote:I will compromise on fitz, Mantis. VOTE: havingfitz
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (isolation #95) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:36 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1490, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 1487, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 1485, Mantisdreamz wrote:think Desp is scum and was whiteknighting thenewearth
You're hilarious, you know that?
is it cause i voted Desp earlier than unvoted him, and am now back to scum him?
It's hilarious because of:
In post 548, Mantisdreamz wrote:desperado is a bad vote.
what use would he have as scum to move the lynch away from TNE? no one is that obvious as scum partners. and that's over the top whiteknighting
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1506 (isolation #96) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:47 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1500, Wisdom wrote:@serra
I don't believe you. If you were thinking about a fitz wagon, you would start one, you wouldn't be joke-voting Desp or whining about how we don't have a majority. Nat started it, and THEN you joined it. You weren't thinking of it previously.
Yet now you're claiming that you had it in mind prior to Nat starting it, and it's a lie, no matter which way you look at it.
Yes. Nati voted fitz. I considered it, and joined him. So? I even quoted Nati's fitz vote and acknowledged it came before mine. Where am I claiming I started the push for fitz?

I finally need to get around to writing some flavour for my Micro, but I'll get around to ISOing peng soon.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (isolation #97) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Good god, thank you!

I should probably drop this, but for the sake of completeness: I ULTIMATELY didn't vote Nati because I ended up voting fitz, whose wagon had support. I IMMEDIATELY didn't vote Nati because I wasn't ready to compromise on someone I found townie than Mantis, whose lynch I had stopped.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1528 (isolation #98) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1527, Malakittens wrote:VC here when sober

^ srly
<3
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1530 (isolation #99) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

mollie, you still haven't given a good reason for why I'm scum, have you?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (isolation #100) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Spoiler: Bert right now
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1543 (isolation #101) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Hey Ommy, what do you think of the current shift towards Peng? Would you buy peng/desp?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (isolation #102) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Nati, what are you on about again? I think at some point we need to talk about this and your neighbouriser thing yesterday...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (isolation #103) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1551, Wisdom wrote:wat
<3 drunk Mala

Eh, I'll need to give this some thought, Nati.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (isolation #104) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:46 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1617 (isolation #105) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:06 am

Post by serrapaladin »

^ someone has been spending too much time with Majiffy

Spoiler: @Bert
reusing gifs, huh?...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1626 (isolation #106) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1618, macmollie wrote:I am not quite sure you could look any scummier if you tried.
<3

I think I've gotten my Micro balanced (well more or less), and I have enough flavour for about the next month, so I'll be able to focus on this tomorrow. If I don't come up with a wall or two by tomorrow, someone hit me. But really, if we could just agree on lynching desp and slimer, I'd be pretty happy with this game.

pedit: another one? really?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (isolation #107) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:58 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1693, Bert wrote:
In post 1626, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 1618, macmollie wrote:I am not quite sure you could look any scummier if you tried.
<3

I think I've gotten my Micro balanced (well more or less), and I have enough flavour for about the next month, so I'll be able to focus on this tomorrow. If I don't come up with a wall or two by tomorrow, someone hit me. But really, if we could just agree on lynching desp and slimer, I'd be pretty happy with this game.

pedit: another one? really?
SERRA

Scumbag get back here
Oh shit, that was like two days ago.

:shifty:
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (isolation #108) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1702, Bert wrote:If wisdom starts scumreading Serra again, he should go tomorrow imo
Oh, stop it. You can see that my only site-wide activity has been getting my micro running...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1736 (isolation #109) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 am

Post by serrapaladin »

God dammit desp might be town and I need to do some reading.

UNVOTE:

If someone teaches me how
nawk
works, I might still get to this tonight?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1738 (isolation #110) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Explain to me why you think that's scummy, Bert? I would say it fits better with town-desp.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (isolation #111) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

It's attracting votes by proposing a 1-on-1 against someone with more towncred. It wouldn't be a very smart move unless wisdom is his buddy. I can't think of a single time scum under pressure has reacted like that against anyone but their buddy.

And responding to a flashing message on my phone takes about 20 seconds, whereas opening MS on my computer and reading through pages is a time-sink.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (isolation #112) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:54 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1791, Natirasha wrote:That was the implication to
my little koan
, yes.
<3

But yeah that replace in isn't looking too good.

I'm ready to open my thread, but the rest of my day is divided between this and Saints Row IV, so stuff will happen.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2027 (isolation #113) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Nati has finally claimed, huh? Well thank god.

Spoiler: For Wisdom

Wis obviously didn't pick up on them, otherwise he wouldn't have shouted at me for 20 pages for not voting Nat.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2034 (isolation #114) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:04 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I got screwed over last night after thinking I had free time, but I'm not doing anything today, so I'll try to make up for stuff. I am sorry for my lack of engagement today, but life has been hectic.

Does anyone here know huntress? I sort of like her thoughts so far, but slimer was pretty horrible after his little spurt of defense D1 and I've only seen him replace out of scumgames.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2048 (isolation #115) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:21 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2039, macmollie wrote:@ oooooohhhh fg

don't ignore me now

another question for you:

why do you not want to lynch penny or desp?

@ sera

by the way you reacted to that comment by nats I wondered if you had picked up on it too. but here is the thing; why didn't you try to help him out? it was after that play dropped from null scum to the bottom of a truckstop toilet.
Help him out how? As opposed to some people, I try to avoid pointing out softclaims. I made it clear I didn't want to vote him and wanted to compromise on someone else.
In post 2046, Wisdom wrote:serra's slimer push was fake,
Go to hell.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2051 (isolation #116) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2049, Wisdom wrote:
In post 2034, serrapaladin wrote:Does anyone here know huntress? I sort of like her thoughts so far, but slimer was pretty horrible after his little spurt of defense D1 and I've only seen him replace out of scumgames.
And this does not help either. He's apparently trying to change the read that he was pushing all game to a townread now.
Yup, how very devious of me to consider huntress' posts more townie than anything slimer had posted. You know, you pulling shit like this is the reason I really haven't felt the motivation to do anything this day.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (isolation #117) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:45 am

Post by serrapaladin »

mollie, I don't remember, did you ever give a reason for why you think I'm scum? All I remember is you trying to push tater towards going after me by referring to our last scumgame...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2106 (isolation #118) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:12 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Bert, have you recently been told how very annoying you are?

Desp is probably still scum, his logic as to why I must be scum is hideous.

Unless Nati is fakeclaiming, which I don't think likely, Nati and Tater are conftown. Mantis is too, as is Bert (probably).

I really don't get what everyone sees in mollie, and why peng is scummy.

I think slimer's slot should just be policy lynched because he replaced out, but then I'd be either "pushing an easy mislynch" or "bussing" depending on how Wis is currently feeling (again, Wis even mentioning the word bussing before a slip is pathetic).

Good luck town, you'll need it.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (isolation #119) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:14 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2098, macmollie wrote:sera don't even. fg can get away with "ack! ack! ack! you are voting without reasooooon! scum!" but not you. you know me so don't even.

right now the most damning evidence is that you left nats out to dry and did not work try to work with him in any way. in fact, you did such a strong fade that it was almost a complete black out interspersed with promises of future activity that you never fulfilled.

you are scum sera, plain and simple.
But the Nati thing literally just happened and you've been convinced I'm scum.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2111 (isolation #120) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:16 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Well, at least the town has master scumhunters like you and wisdom, huh? <3
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2122 (isolation #121) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:22 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Really, Wis? Which game? I've only seen him replace out of scumslots like this. He also sort of replaced out of the faith +1 open I linked earlier, but replaced back in. His lurking turning to complete apathy and replacing out I've only seen with scum-slimer.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2125 (isolation #122) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2115, macmollie wrote:mantis and bert are not confirmed town.

funny cos in gchat mac and I are trying to figure out which 1 is your buddy!
No, but I have townreads on them. I never said anything to the contrary. What's your point?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2135 (isolation #123) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:28 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2126, Wisdom wrote:
In post 2122, serrapaladin wrote:Really, Wis? Which game? I've only seen him replace out of scumslots like this. He also sort of replaced out of the faith +1 open I linked earlier, but replaced back in. His lurking turning to complete apathy and replacing out I've only seen with scum-slimer.
This.
Fair enough, that was pretty early in the game but I take your point. What's your read on huntress ignoring slimer's posts?

Mollie lining up lynches <3

mollie: how about we lynch me, and when I flip town we lynch you, then desp?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2140 (isolation #124) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2134, Bert wrote:Moreso when I think ure scum
Any good reason except being you being mollie's second vote?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2147 (isolation #125) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:32 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2137, macmollie wrote:THAT THEY ARE NOT CONFTOWN LIKE YOU TRIED TO MAKE THEM OUT TO BE
Do you know what the word 'probably' means?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2150 (isolation #126) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:33 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2142, macmollie wrote:when you flip town i will break down with such sadness because your play has been terribad in this game
Really, now?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2152 (isolation #127) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:39 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Eh, he's sort of right though.

mollie, you still haven't told me where I should have jumped in to save Nati? If you saw the crumb, why didn't you defend him harder? It's not as though he was in serious danger of getting lynched today, and there was not much I could have done at DL yesterday except a) not vote him and b) out his role, the second of which I opted against.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2154 (isolation #128) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:41 am

Post by serrapaladin »

^yeah, but seriously mac: do explain why you want to lynch Bert.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (isolation #129) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:46 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Oh wait, shit. I didn't read that post correctly. Desp, how on earth can you think Wisdom is scum when you've also been "getting me lynched"?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2159 (isolation #130) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:49 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Umm

What?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2162 (isolation #131) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:52 am

Post by serrapaladin »

So you think we might be scum together? Or is wisdom just your next target for when I flip town?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (isolation #132) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:13 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the idea of investigating one of desp/me and if we turn up town lynching the other. I'm pretty sure desp is scum, but I don't see a good objective reason why one of use has to be scum.

I'm a bit surprised by Nati's claimed character. I'm not sure how many of you know Castle, but Meredith is his ex-wife and I don't see a particularly good reason for her to be a cop. I know it's only D2, but how would people about a character massclaim?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2335 (isolation #133) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:27 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2234, Natirasha wrote:Sup, serra, I just checked up on TVTropes for Castle a little.

What do you find more surprising: Meredith as cop or Beckett as VT(see: Lynx)?

Just caught up, btw. Serra, thanks for restoring some amount of faith in you. Desp, you're pretty fucking scummy.

To answer your earlier question, Wisdom, I'm reserving my judgment on FakeGod right now.

Huntress can die too.
Well, my character is a cop, too, and I'm a VT. Do you have any flavour justification for being a cop? Richard and Alexis being neighbours is flavoured correctly.

Characters we have so far:

fitz - Jerry Tyson (probably +fakeclaim)
Lynx - Kate Beckett
serra - Javier Esposito
FG - Jordan Shaw
Desp - Kevin Ryan
peng - Jenny Ryan
Wisdom - Alexis Castle
Mantis - Richard Castle

I'm not sure if it'll tell us anything, but I think it can't hurt.
In post 2258, FakeGod wrote:@penguin: I find Serra scummy for attacking me when I started to attack nati. Serra is my second strongest scum read in this game. He derailed the fuck out of nati wagon near d1 deadline for one.

Do note: this read has strong basis in my nati scumread. If Nati flips town, Serra is town.
So you're voting me under the assumption Nati is fakeclaiming? Do you really think I would derail a wagon on my buddy like that? I don't like lynching people who softclaim a PR, particularly not if I have a townread on them.
In post 2272, Huntress wrote:1. In that post I quoted.

2. We don't know that for certain.

3. He had already claimed and was repeating it as requested
in the post immediately before his

Vote: Penguin

Her name claim matching Desp's seemed a bit too convenient and I didn't like the way she tried to get others to claim.
What?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2339 (isolation #134) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:38 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2307, Huntress wrote:
In post 2299, Bert wrote:are you suggesting that there is some kind of insane cop possibility here and Nat's results will be all wrong
No, I was thinking more of
Godfather or possibly Tailor
. Insane cop is unlikely.

In post 2303, Wisdom wrote:Why are you actively trying to find the reasons people scumread you? That's like... scumclaiming.
I'm not. I'm looking for why someone would suddenly want to get me lynched and letting the rest of you know in case they succeed.
Oh dear... Mentioning a role like tailor out of nowhere makes me wildly uncomfortable.
In post 2336, FakeGod wrote:@Serra: Scum_serra derailing wagon for scum_nati makes perfect sense to me. Doesn't it to you?
Surely if my only goal at the end of D1 was to avoid Nati/me getting lynched, I would have just let the mantis wagon go through? Unless you think mantis is scum, too, but that's just a bit silly.
In post 2337, Bert wrote:Serra I saved a nice warm seat for you please stay

if you don't want me to be annoying, please keep talking <3
<3
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2344 (isolation #135) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:04 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2335, serrapaladin wrote:fitz - Jerry Tyson (probably +fakeclaim)
Lynx - Kate Beckett
serra - Javier Esposito
FG - Jordan Shaw
Desp - Kevin Ryan
peng - Jenny Ryan
Wisdom - Alexis Castle
Mantis - Richard Castle
*and of course Nati - Meredith

rereading ~73-77 has me thinking fg is probably town with a poor read on Nati. Outing the cop like that is terribly reckless though. That'd be a pretty crazy move as scum.
In post 2341, FakeGod wrote:
In post 2339, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 2336, FakeGod wrote:@Serra: Scum_serra derailing wagon for scum_nati makes perfect sense to me. Doesn't it to you?
Surely if my only goal at the end of D1 was to avoid Nati/me getting lynched, I would have just let the mantis wagon go through? Unless you think mantis is scum, too, but that's just a bit silly.
Where did this happen? Link me plz.
In post 642, penguin_alien wrote:Serrapaladin makes good points. Plus mollie generally reads Mantisdreamz well, and I trust her read here.

Mantisdreamz, intent to hammer. Claim, please.

Sweet Pertayter, if you're around, what changed between #513 and #597 on WRT Mantis?
In post 654, serrapaladin wrote:If you're still around for a bit, don't hammer just yet.

I'm a bit busy for another 20 minutes or so, but I do still want to look through stuff.

Could we just have a role call of who's around at the moment, to see whether there is any use in discussing alternatives to mantis/me?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2478 (isolation #136) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:11 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Cop, tracker, and bodyguard? Nati's claim is looking a bit off.

It's not MyLo, so desp shouldn't be lying.

Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2493 (isolation #137) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:24 am

Post by serrapaladin »

If mantis is actually scum, the mollie slot is town.

Nati, why would scum-desp fake a guilty at this point?

Nati is pretty much caught-scum.

@Bert: you too, really?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2496 (isolation #138) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:25 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Desp & Nati: do you have any qualifiers to your roles?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2502 (isolation #139) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:27 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Well, I'm not sure desp would do this as scum. And if desp is telling the truth, Nati-town seems unlikely.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2514 (isolation #140) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:32 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Gut says mantis/nati might be telling the truth; logic says no. Last time I trusted my gut it went completely tits-up, so I think it has to be mantis.

@Nati: why would scum claim guilty on a claimed vanilla neighbour?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2517 (isolation #141) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:33 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Well, if mantis flips town, we lynch desp and know that we can trust nati. I seriously don't see how that would be a good scum tactic though.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2519 (isolation #142) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:34 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2513, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 2502, serrapaladin wrote:Well, I'm not sure desp would do this as scum. And if desp is telling the truth, Nati-town seems unlikely.
sucks, because i know he's lying 100%. which makes Nat's town to me.... unless they're pulling some gambit.

which could make sense. desp's scum partners will know that he's going to be lynched tomorrow after i flip. so they might distance from him today, so that they're not associated with his plan.

serra, does that above sentence make sense?
If you flip town, this is absolutely correct. I just don't think you will.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2521 (isolation #143) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:35 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Shit, actually.

UNVOTE:

Desp, are you sure you have your targets right?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2523 (isolation #144) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:36 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2521, serrapaladin wrote:Shit, actually.

UNVOTE:

Desp, are you sure you have your targets right?
Don't go check. I know you're reading this, so answer!
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2531 (isolation #145) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:38 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Killing Potato doesn't confirm shit.

No, we kill mantis today.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2534 (isolation #146) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:40 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Come on, desp. I know you wouldn't just disappear!
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2540 (isolation #147) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2528, waynegg wrote:One mislynch gets us to Mylo with no flipped scum. Are you obfuscating stupidity or just actually this dense? That's all the motivation needed for scum to do this and he had plenty of suspicion on him near the end of D2
But it also gives us 1 confscum. Unless scum were sure desp would be today's lynch, it doesn't make sense, no matter how patronising you are about it.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2545 (isolation #148) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 am

Post by serrapaladin »

@Nati: I don't think it's likely, but roleblocker + 2 goons + sk against cop, tracker, and bodyguard isn't THAT townsided. 2 anti-town kills needs a lot of power to balance. In any case, you of course lynch the guilty, not the claim you think is fake...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2547 (isolation #149) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:47 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Desp: why claim you tracked huntress, when it was slimer?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2563 (isolation #150) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:59 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 550, Natirasha wrote:Can we do a quick swap to mantis as today's lynch?
In post 587, Natirasha wrote:Fucking...I'm not letting a no lynch happen here. I'm not home yet(another hour will suffice), but I am watching the thread. VOTE: mantis. We have a little time still, come on guys.
I do have a problem with a Nati/Mantis team given this...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2566 (isolation #151) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Nati, if desp is scum, do you think he came up with leaving you alive and claim a guilty?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2568 (isolation #152) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:02 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I don't think that was the time to distance, to be honest.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2569 (isolation #153) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 am

Post by serrapaladin »

@Nati: how much do you bus as scum?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2573 (isolation #154) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:04 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Then stop sounding so fake, mantis! :/

@wayne: mantis claimed not to have a night-action. Stop being stupid.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2577 (isolation #155) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:05 am

Post by serrapaladin »

3 is site meta. 2 is actually more balanced, but less common.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2580 (isolation #156) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:07 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2575, Desperado wrote:
In post 2568, serrapaladin wrote:I don't think that was the time to distance, to be honest.
Why? Do you really think a Mantis flashwagon was viable?

And the totally dropped it on the next page with no prompting, even though you voted with her.
Totally. Peng did have intent to hammer on her not much later...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2588 (isolation #157) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 am

Post by serrapaladin »

You make very little sense, egg.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (isolation #158) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:13 am

Post by serrapaladin »

You CAN give neighbours any ability you want. Mantis claimed to be JUST a neighbour though.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2595 (isolation #159) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:16 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2594, waynegg wrote:Mala told me this is a normal game
Sorry, what?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2598 (isolation #160) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Wait, how are we getting setup info out of Mala?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (isolation #161) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I'm pretty sure this is the right lynch for today.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2627 (isolation #162) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:36 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2622, Malakittens wrote:
For the record it was stated that this was not a bastard game and it has been reviewed for balance.

I do not mod bastard games.
Not bastard =/= normal

ffs
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2740 (isolation #163) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Right, despite waynegg's posts making the bottle of whiskey in my desk seem particularly appealing, I've sort of organised my thoughts:
In post 2723, waynegg wrote:Fine. I'll lay it all out there. I want Desp the most because I can see him wifoming out of it if he isn't lynched today.

Here's Mantis's slip

Spoiler:
neighbors don't get day talk. I've had that role too
many times and this was a day start. Busted! Checked with Mala
and this was daystart so there's no way that during D1 these guys
had been able to talk in QT at all, if they're neighbors. Crying that
literally nobody called this obvious slip out, though for a moment I
thought that FG was going to. Since he touched on it and then didn't,
he earned a weak scum read for his efforts.

FakeGod asks if the neighbors get day talk

Wisdom: "We don't."

REKKKTTTT!!!!

And my thoughts on Serra which includes why Mantis's slip links directly to him

Serrapaladin ~ Claimed VT Javier Esposito

Spoiler:
early scum; AA isn't nice town when voted
yeah, much too nice for AA town. She's scum. From
the faked anger to the gentle deflecting.
comes on, discredits, disappears

And then serrapaladin comes in and wrecks this, though the slot could still be scum. As good as serra's initial play is, it doesn't erase the original slot holder's definite scum meta. However, is pushing hard with reasons for Slimer to be scum. But he wasn't. In fact, this derailed a couple of decent wagons for what the players
did
instead of what they didn't do.

in response to PA's looks like Serra may have been
caught with his pants down...
how do you know they would have been mislynches? Maybe
he should be Policy for the information it would give... Besides, he
should be dead by now from a NK if nothing else for his rep...
acknowledging the claim while pointing out that VT is the most
common mod provided safeclaim. The fact that this came out almost
completely unprovoked doesn't help its legitimacy.
link to Mantis
reminds me of the trial in Idiocracy...

So, here's the poop on Serra. He isn't in this game like others and hasn't followed through on some stuff he's said he's gonna do. His 732 is particularly damning. The moment Wisdom confirmed they didn't have daychat in he should have been all over Mantis for that slip because it was his original line of questioning. That means he had intimate knowledge that he couldn't simply forget.

fixed a code error ~Mala
Look, I appreciate that you're trying to overhaul the entire game, but the underlying assumption that none of us has been paying attention is pretty awful. Mantis mentioned they had pregame talk, which is very common even without day talk.

I don't even know what to say about your 'case' against me... If you think me asking mantis about her discussion with wis is "damning", I think you may need to reconsider how you play this game.

Now, this situation really isn't that complex, so it's pretty shocking that FG and Nati are the only ones on the ball (if on opposite sides, of course).

This post is good, and is a pretty accurate representation of what my paranoid half thinks:
In post 2689, Natirasha wrote:Because. He was in a bad position--ignoring Waynegg for a minute--the rest of us all thought Desp was suspicious as fuck! I distinctly didn't investigate him
because
he was so obviously scum that I was going to push his lynch anyway. If he did something timid like claim VT or some shit, we'd already be on night three. So, no, I think the scum team decided to go for some big plays. If it worked, hey, they managed to get two lynches out of Desperado before death. And the game is in LyLo from then-on. If not, well, oh well, he was pretty dead in the water anyway.
Unfortunately, this is exactly the sort of more or less plausible conspiracy theory I use whenever I'm caught as scum. I agree that desp was a likely lynch target for today, so scum saccing him to get another lynch is certainly in the realm of possibility.

The alternative is of course that desp is actually a tracker and indeed got a guilty on mantis. Mantis may contest that she never claimed to ONLY be a neighbour, but that's bullshit. She was asked to claim to avoid being hammered and that claim was simply "neighbour", which means she doesn't have a night-action. If desp is a tracker, mantis is scum. It also probably means that Nati is scum, because cop+tracker+bodyguard in a 13p game is unlikely (but not impossible).

If he is scum, Nati has been hard-crumbing cop from mid D1, which is interesting. I want to say that makes his scumgame at least a bit rusty, because his entire spiel was just too obvious to back away from later, so he was somewhat prematurely committing to an investigative fakeclaim.
In post 2604, Natirasha wrote:
In post 2601, Desperado wrote:Right, a position that you knew would never gain any traction. Until now anyway.
Then why didn't I lynch serra?
The simplest explanation would be that you had been townreading me and as long as there was a chance to lynch someone else, prematurely agreeing to compromise on my lynch would have been suspicious. Had you deadline-switched to scumreading me, I would certainly have fought back.
In post 2675, waynegg wrote:
In post 2671, FakeGod wrote:
In post 2666, waynegg wrote: Fallacy. Any scum lynch gives equal information because connections can be drawn from the lynch. I also find it less likely for Mantis to be scum than Desparado. Not that I don't see Mantis as scum, because I can see that. The difference is that I
do
see scum in Desp.
But you're looking at it from a biased point of view.

You're assuming that Desp will flip scum.
Spending the last 54 hours (I slept less than nine of those) reading this game and drawing connections with yarn and pictures on my wall hardly makes me biased. I went into this with a completely open mind and had 2/3 of my connections drawn before I ever received my role pm. That's as unbiased as you can get.
This post bothers me a lot.
In post 2678, Mantisdreamz wrote:also Desp, who do you say my partners are then? you're rolling with Nat as one. how about the other??
In post 2682, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 2617, serrapaladin wrote:VOTE: Mantis

I'm pretty sure this is the right lynch for today.
again, terrible.

serra feels he did *just* the right amount of questioning for desp, and now feels it's safe to place his vote on me.
This just isn't true. I never said I was convinced desp was telling the truth. I simply made the judgement that a mantis lynch is objectively the RIGHT lynch.
In post 2683, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 2627, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 2622, Malakittens wrote:
For the record it was stated that this was not a bastard game and it has been reviewed for balance.

I do not mod bastard games.
Not bastard =/= normal

ffs
and then serra tries to shift attention here by focusing on waynegg questioning the mod
You're not even trying any more. Waynegg made a false statement about the setup which I corrected while implying he's a bit of a moron. No "attention shifting" here. Notice how I didn't invite discussion about the setup, but rather wanted to avoid it by clearing up the misconception.

I'll admit I haven't completely decided whom to believe, but unless you anyone knows with 100% certainty who is telling the truth, mantis is the better lynch. My reads so far have had Nati/mantis as town and desp as scum, so I really want to believe them. On the other hand Occam's razor doesn't like Nati's description above at all, as it requires a decent level of scheming by the scumteam. It also requires that the scumteam felt desp was a certain lynch for today, which I'm not sure is true.

As to why mantis is the optimal lynch if you're unsure which side you believe, it comes down to information and desp being a claimed PR. If we wrongly lynch desp, we've lynched a PR, whereas wrongly lynching mantis only costs us a neighbour. If mantis flips town, we know to instalynch desp, whereas if she flips scum, desp is basically conftown and nati is likely scum.

On a completely unrelated note, Bert has sort of been pinging my scumdar today.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2741 (isolation #164) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

@Waynegg: please shut up and read the game.
In post 679, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 671, Bert wrote:@Mantis: Not really

Wisdom hasn't commented much, if at all , about you recently. Plus he may have talked to u before d1?

Sorry phone access only for the rest of the night :/
we talked pre game.

also
VOTE: serra
We already knew the neighbours didn't have day talk, so kindly fuck off.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2743 (isolation #165) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

*deep breath*

Sorry wayne, that was too harsh, but this game has really been getting to me and I thought I finally had some breathing room with Wisdom no longer tunnelling on me.

<3 FG
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2750 (isolation #166) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I say that people vastly overestimate how good they are at reading others. If without assigning subjective "probabilities" there's an objectively optimal course of action, that should trump reads.

I don't much care for what mantis is currently saying, to be honest. She's either caught scum or wrongly accused townie, either of which will lead to flailing.

I'm concerned about what the people not involved think.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2753 (isolation #167) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2748, waynegg wrote:
In post 2741, serrapaladin wrote:@Waynegg: please shut up and read the game.
In post 679, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 671, Bert wrote:@Mantis: Not really

Wisdom hasn't commented much, if at all , about you recently. Plus he may have talked to u before d1?

Sorry phone access only for the rest of the night :/
we talked pre game.

also
VOTE: serra
We already knew the neighbours didn't have day talk, so kindly fuck off.
This is what caught scum looks like

How about you quote me that tidbit where Mantis said they had pregame talk, cause when I read the game WORD-FOR-WORD twice I must have missed it both times. Maybe you just thought he did because it was in you scum QT or something. :P
>I quote where she said she talked to Wis pre game.
>You quote that post and ask me where she said that.

Whiskey it is.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2757 (isolation #168) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

If I didn't have you, FG...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2759 (isolation #169) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Nati, if you weren't involved, can you see where the positive judgement about lynching mantis comes from?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2760 (isolation #170) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

That "positive" should probably read "positivistic", as in not normative.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2761 (isolation #171) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2755, Bert wrote:
In post 2750, serrapaladin wrote:I say that people vastly overestimate how good they are at reading others. If without assigning subjective "probabilities" there's an objectively optimal course of action, that should trump reads.

I don't much care for what mantis is currently saying, to be honest. She's either caught scum or wrongly accused townie, either of which will lead to flailing.

I'm concerned about what the people not involved think.
OK. I get it.

There is no RIGHT move here, you said OPTIMAL

is that RIGHT? BEST?
That's likelihood. If you're in this position 100 times, lynching mantis will have better results than lynching desp. I trust stats more than reads, particularly when some of those reads come from scum.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2766 (isolation #172) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

If desp is scum, he is of course the best lynch, but I'm wrong about my reads a lot and I'm sure you are too. You need to be more than 50% certain of Desp being scum for his lynch to be the better option, and I think that's a vast overestimate of town's ability to read people.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (isolation #173) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2764, waynegg wrote:Question: why do you only get envolved with the game and make longpost 1) when you're facing heat and 2) with the sole intention of saving yourself?
I get involved with this game when it's interesting. How am I currently facing heat or saving myself? I'm not getting lynched today. If this were true, I should be less active now than ever. I was bored yesterday because the first half was Wisdom repeating the same point over and over, and overall reads just weren't very well thought out. At the end of D1 there was a concrete reason for me to engage which was agreeing on a DL lynch.

Pregame talk in no way suggests a night start...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2771 (isolation #174) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2767, Bert wrote:Is 50% arbitrary? :/
Well, we're choosing to lynch between two people, aren't we?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2774 (isolation #175) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2773, waynegg wrote:
In post 2760, serrapaladin wrote:That "positive" should probably read "positivistic", as in not normative.
So basically go with gut because everything else is rubbish?
Quite the opposite, actually.
Spoiler:
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2777 (isolation #176) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Positive analysis is the rational one, but lets not argue definitions.

Nati, I completely agree the hammer was awful, but do you really think it was bad enough for scum to think that doomed desp?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2788 (isolation #177) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

@wayne: that's fair.

@mantis: what sort of phone do you have? :eek: Mine does all formatting fine.

Basically, I do really want to trust my reads here, but when there's something more objective than my reads pointing the other way, I don't think I should hold on to my reads too much. I really think across all the games I've played town has been hurt a lot by people sticking to reads when they shouldn't.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2793 (isolation #178) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Also, one part of what I meant by "Occam's razor" that I haven't really stressed enough is that desp-scum requires scum having a roleblocker AND believing desp would be lynched AND thinking of the fakeclaim to have desp take someone down with him. desp-town
just
requires my reads to be wrong.

@Bert: I didn't really mean this game. I was actually positively surprised that Wisdom stopped tunnelling on me halfway through yesterday. Both of my recent town-losses fall under the category of town trusting in something other than logic.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2795 (isolation #179) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2789, Natirasha wrote:I usually agree with that sentiment, serra. And if you'd been the one to claim Tracker, I might have fell for it. But, not Desp. No way in hell.
So you're saying you're convinced I'm scum now?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2806 (isolation #180) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2802, Sweet Pertayter wrote:ohsweetfuck

VOTE: Wayne
I missed you <3
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2815 (isolation #181) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I do still think your overall play is mostly town, Bert, but I really didn't like how you reacted at the start of the day. Whoever it was that called your post "gloating" pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

mara, I don't think wayne is today's lynch, so if we mislynch we're stuck with him.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2818 (isolation #182) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2813, waynegg wrote:
In post 2810, Sweet Pertayter wrote:I don't want Waynne to get into mylo

regardless of who he replaced in
No. It's because she knows I go bonkers at LYLO. I'm fine at MYLO.
You know MyLo = LyLo, except that at MyLo you're probably going to no lynch, right?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2819 (isolation #183) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2814, Sweet Pertayter wrote:It's more a, I don't really trust his decisions in mylo or lylo

Desp tracked Mantis to the kill?
Yes, well I guess you have some reading to do.

It's basically desp vs nati/mantis...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2823 (isolation #184) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

UNVOTE:

Finish reading first, marple.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2836 (isolation #185) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2825, Bert wrote:Look Serra

you just taught me what I should stop doing so I don't become lynchbait in games without friends around

no one told me before that my game spirit/gloating looked really bad

I mean, Nacho confused me by telling me how town I looked in Popcorn when I was acting like myself. It's like GIFs, no one told me until Mollie. You didn't even say it in the feedback in your game's post-game comments. That confuddles me
Who

who are you
Well, your overall play is loose enough as either alignment for people to not really notice, which is why I didn't say anything in mine, but posts like the following are normally pretty decent scumtells:
In post 1792, Nachopappa wrote:Yay a no kill!!!!!

Yates, maybe tell us how your grilling of KA went last night?
Do you have an example of you reacting to a night kill (or lack thereof) as town?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2843 (isolation #186) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2838, waynegg wrote:
In post 2479, Bert wrote:WHO KILLED MY WISDOM

I will seek revenge

I will win it for you, Wisdom!!!!
You mean like this, right Serra?
Yup, it was the one you pointed out earlier, I was just too preoccupied with the claim stuff to look at it then.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2844 (isolation #187) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2842, waynegg wrote:
In post 2840, Natirasha wrote:Grrrr.

How do you NOT see the rationale? We had our spotlight on him--Wisdom, Serra, mollie, me, we all were looking at him hard. He saw a chance at a mislynch, takes it. Today, he comes in, claims a powerful role, gets another mislynch and dies. He was likely tro die anyway!
Because maybe its a tayter, Bert, Desp team? You know you can't convince scum they're scum :lol:
Tater-scum more or less implies Nati-scum.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2849 (isolation #188) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2846, waynegg wrote:Nah. It implies GF. Why I asked if I should kiss her ring...
I know, but I refuse to consider that option.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2850 (isolation #189) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2832, waynegg wrote:Just asking because it isn't exactly townie to give scum 3 freebies to get to LyLo with a full scum team. I realize I'm not your optimal choice for replacement but ya gotta work with what you've got. It's also kinda interesting scum didn't kill you, a Cop cleared town, when taken from the scum perspective of leave no confirmed town alive...
This also works the other way around, though. With desp-scum, killing tater just lends credence to Nati's claim. If we mislynch mantis, Nati goes tonight, desp is lynched tomorrow and scum kill tater, and we're in LyLo without conftown.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2851 (isolation #190) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

If I were scum planning desp's fakeclaim, I would consider leaving tater and Nati alive the best option. Bert was perhaps the only person less lynchable than wis, but perhaps they didn't find him as threatening?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2857 (isolation #191) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 2852, waynegg wrote:Well when a Cop and a Cop cleared town are both left alive in favor of a Neighbor that had reasonable doubt still on him, one of the previous two is scum and one is setting the other up.
Not necessarily, they could both be being set up. I'm not going to believe a theory if it requires a GF.

See, I do like the desp-scum theory, with Mantis, Nati and tater as town, but it requires more assumptions than the alternative, and if we go for that option and desp flips town, it's the worst possible outcome.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2920 (isolation #192) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

peng's analysis is good, but I'm not sure why that would necessarily make her town.

If this is a setup, scum thought of it, so I would expect them to have a better grasp of the situation.

I'm tempted to trust my gut and vote desp, but mantis would be the smarter call.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2990 (isolation #193) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:21 am

Post by serrapaladin »

This game needs to end, one way or another.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2993 (isolation #194) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

My thoughts are that I was hopefully right to trust my gut and that I hope the game doesn't go on like this. Wayne's running theory of tater-GF and the fact that he seems to think either way desp could flip would implicate me (I don't think that word means what you think it means) makes me want to dayvig all of you to have this over with.

Mantis, if you're scum, you might as well come out and say it. If desp flips town, you're being lynched tomorrow.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2997 (isolation #195) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 am

Post by serrapaladin »

No. Don't use the G word. It's used by scum to spread paranoia and bad town to justify their wrong reads.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2999 (isolation #196) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:29 am

Post by serrapaladin »

If Nats is town, tater should be treated as conftown.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3000 (isolation #197) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Scrap that, if Nats is town, scum have a roleblocker, so tater IS conftown.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3010 (isolation #198) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 am

Post by serrapaladin »

And we're back! So my desp read was right... That was still some pretty weird play by him. I really think a hard-push to get peng lynched would have made more sense.

Tater is conftown. Mantis-scum would be some incredible play by desp, but I really don't see it given her reaction. As much as I wish I could silence him, wayne is most likely town, too (particularly given macmollie's ragequit), leaving the remaining scum in {FG, peng, Bert}, with a mislynch in hand.

Why do you think PA is town? What do you think of Wisdom's push on her?

The one thing that counts in her favour is that she's been making a lot of sense, but that doesn't need to mean town.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3011 (isolation #199) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 am

Post by serrapaladin »

pedit: did FG tell you to say that?
Wandering but not lost

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”