Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

I had my brother pick two numbers between 1 and 11 and I picked the corresponding players.
Skruffs wrote:<snip>
With that in mind, I think it's *possible* that a scum has been nominated today, so maybe we shouldn't just speedlynch. >.>
<snip>
Vote: Skruffs
for mentioning speedlynching. Seems like phony town behavior.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Skruffs wrote:Interesting, Ghyrt. :) I suggest that maybe a scum has been nominated, and that today's lynch could matter, and you put a vote on me? ^.^ Well, fair's fair. I'm up here, and you ain't. You get to decide what's town and what's not.

If there is scum up, and I think more than likely there is, than worse comes to worse we have a 1/4 chance of getting lucky. If we work together, maybe we can narrow it down to 50% or more.
Of course today's lynch matters. What I found suspicious was that you felt the need to say it. It's almost as if you were trying to set yourself up as helpful. I see this again in your saying "If we work together....". The phrase insists upon itself, as if we don't know we want to find scum.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Ghyrt »

My brother picked 6 and 8. I nominated JDodge and RagingRabbit as the corresponding players.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Ghyrt »

Game-breaking strategy (maybe): If we ever need to completely bypass the nomination process, we can decide everyone's nominations the day before so that everyone is on the block. I think that this can work for any number of people; everyone would get exactly two votes. Don't know if its useful, but it makes scum nominate who we want them to and gives us a way to turn this into a normal game.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Maz Medias wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:
Maz Medias wrote:I want to ask again what we gain from full revelation of nominations? All I see happening is the scum jumping on to any overlaps in voting and using that to maneuver us towards a mislynch.
I dunno, but why the fuck do you care? We've got absolutely nothing to lose...
IGMEOY: MM
Did you even read the second sentence of my post? Revealing nominations seems to me like a tool which scum could use to orchestrate a mislynch based on nominatory overlap. I'm pretty sure I made that really, really obvious. Besides, losing a townie is always something to lose, as is playing into scumgambits.
Unvote, Vote: Raging Rabbit

@Jack: I meant it in the sense that he was cueing his scumbuddies to distance so they could then implement what I mentioned above.
Goodposting
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Jack wrote:
Ghyrt wrote:Game-breaking strategy (maybe): If we ever need to completely bypass the nomination process, we can decide everyone's nominations the day before so that everyone is on the block. I think that this can work for any number of people; everyone would get exactly two votes. Don't know if its useful, but it makes scum nominate who we want them to and gives us a way to turn this into a normal game.
Don't think so, the scum can nominate whoever and then claim they nominated the chosen two.
Yeah, I forgot to account for the fact that we would know who would have messed it up. Come to think of it, this wouldn't even work if there were only one scum becuase everyone has two nominations. In fact, if you look at this way, scum has a very high chance of making only townies get nominated. Looks like it makes sense to vote on nominations during the day.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

EBWOP: First line should say "wouldn't" instead of would.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Skruffs wrote:<snip>
As far as I can see, and for my own reasons that will remain suspiciously clandestine until I get roman and yellow's nominateoins, so far, everyone who's nominated today looks pretty clear. So I'll probably be offering myself up to be lynched :P But that can wait.
<snip>
You seem to be coming a conclusion rather quickly. If you know that you're a townie, you should vote for anyone except youself. That would give you a chance better 0%.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Ghyrt »

Raging Rabbit wrote:<snip>
DW wrote:I also think that the town should try to decide as a whole who is the scumiess before putting the final votes on and going to night.
I don't think we need to have a general conscious, just force everyone to say who they're gonna nominate so scum would have a harder time lying about it.
<snip>
Bad reasoning. The only way we can lynch scum if if one of them get more votes than they give us. That means that if they're coordinating townie nominations, scum needs 4+ nominations to be on the block.
FoS: Raging Rabbit
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Skruffs wrote:If you think I'm scummy for being martyry, than lynch me, problem solved but wait until we go through the numbers first. I'm good with numbers.
I can tell you're good with numbers, that's exactly why I want to keep you around.
The general conseous (which I agree with) seems to be that you're the most valuable player atm, and no way are we going to lynch you in the case of a random lynch. That makes me wonder why you keep suggesting to sacrifice yourself when you know we'll never take you up on it, which could very well be a scummy attempt to further prove your innocence by showing us how willing you are to be lynched.
A busing I sense. First you say he's scummy, then you contradict yourself by saying he's valuable. Looks like you tried to distance yourselves from each other then changed your plan.
FoS: Raging Rabbit, Skruffs
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Skruffs wrote:Sorry for being suspicious of you romanus, but to be honest, you should have outright said it rather than phrasing things in such a way to sound like that... I thought you were scum who wasn't paying attentino to the rules and was lying.
Don't you find it suspicious he was aiming for fewer nominees, though?
I completely agree. I'd like Romanus to explain himself.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

@Raging Rabbit: What specifically do you find unlogical about JDodge? To me, his posts seem objective and non-commital. Why are you asserting that there is a general consesus that Skruffs is useful?
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Ghyrt »

Jack wrote:But his power makes more sense as a pro town power than a mafia power, seems like it's supposed to counterbalance the mafia's coordination abilities.
Finally! I, like,
so
disagree with you it just can't be put into words. Logic? I call that flapdoodle. This post is more wrong than the average American is fat.

(In case anyone didn't get that, I agree with Cheesefan.)
Silly Rabbit. I kinda agree with Jack on this one. Romanus' supposed role would be more balanced in the hands of the town.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

@Raging Rabbit: You're indeed aptly named... if rabbits had huge mouths and never shut up. Your run-ons and swear words are making your posts really annoying to read. Why don't you try notarizing and summarizing your posts instead of quoting everyone. :shock:

Unvote
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Alright Bunny, I'm gonna say this as politely as possible. Your long and frequent posts are starting to annoy me and lessen my enthusiasm for the game. In fact, the first thing that came to mind is that you're scum trying to make the town lazy and not read. For the sake of a more enjoyable (and more efficient) game, please stop quoting and analyzing every other post.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Skruffs wrote:I'm not talking about 'every day' Dodge. this is just for today. I think claiming won't be important from now on, especially if we are going to be 'pre-deciding' who to nominate the night before. Why? Because if everyone votes for two people, and they are all townies, it is likely the cop will investigate one of them, and it's likely that scum can kill one of them and nominate someone else. On the other hand, if everyone votes for the same two people, why would scum have any reason to *not* vote for them? there's no way to know who voted who excepet in situations like today , where 4 people are nominted with 4/5 votes each.

Just look it over, chew on it a while, come to some conclusions and share them with everyone else.
Dang! This set-up really favors scum.

Anyway, your logic makes sense... sort of; but think about it this way:

1) If we nominate 2 people (which the town can easily force to happen) we get screwed as you explained.

2)If we try to nominate 3 people, then we have to delegate votes, and it would be very easy for scum to force a situation where 2 town get nominated. (See previous item)

3) If we try to nominate 4+ people, scum essentially picks who gets nominated.

The more nominations we make (or the more randomly we nominate), the higher chances scum have of choosing who gets nominated. The only way we can win (which kind of sucks), is if we vote on who is scummiest before night and make sure they get nominated. Even though option 1 is dangerous, its the only way we can be guaranteed (excepting power roles, of course) to lynch who we want. If we don't, scum will have better odds than town in getting who they want onto the block.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Jack wrote:How exactly does scum pick? We can assign who nom's who beforehand.
That was the fatal flaw in my initial logic. If we were all town, we could get everyone nominated; all the votes would be even and everyone would have 2 votes. Since there are scum, all they have to do is "break" the tie, effectively choosing who is picked.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Jack wrote:Right. I say we just each nominate who we find most scummy, and rely on our townie instincts to get scum nominated. Much harder for the scum to manipulate things if they don't know who is going to be nominated. Then tomorrow we can ask the noms question again, and this time everyone will have to explain their nominations.
I don't know if we'll be able to agree on someone collectively
That's like saying we couldn't agree on who we lynch. Of course we're capable of making an informed decision. Its simply a matter of whether or not insuring the nominees is worth the risk of being forced to lynch a townie. Oh wait *condescending tone* ... if we don't coordinate the nominations, we might have to lynch a townie anyway.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Jack wrote:Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

We should be worrying more about finding the scum now than about nominations. Would the rest of you mind putting up lists like the one I posted?
Yeah, but....

/I guess I should mention now that I'll be away from Wednesday evening until Sunday evening.

Might not have time until then.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Skruffs wrote:Couldn't it also be said that the lists could be manipulated by mafia into getting the wrong people nominated? :)
I think he means an analysis of every player. It would be good if everyone did that.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

On another meta-note, Ghyrt, I'd like to ask you to silently withstand the severe problems you seem to have with my style and talk to me post-game. I really don't think you hating me personally should have anything to do with your opinion on my alignment. Thanks.
First of all, I don't hate you and I don't think about this issue in a personal way (Think about it in terms of my character thinking yours talks too much). Second of all, I think your posting tendencies have everything to do with the game. I agree that we shouldn't discuss it much further, but I doubt I'm the only one who minds all the quotes. You've stopped quoting so much and I thank you for it.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:31 am

Post by Ghyrt »

I'm back. Haven't had time to read yet.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

DeanWinchester wrote:<snip>
Jdodge: Him getting so many noms Makes me think that he is either town or mafia trying to look innocent. ATM leening towards town that the mafia targetted.
<snip>
Is he short and tall too?
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Wow. I'm really sorry for not being on the ball. I almost considered replacing out, but I don't think anyone would want to replace this late. I do want to play, but every time I sit down here, the task seems worse. I have a week long break coming up after this week. I'll probably read it sometime then.

I have many, many pages to read, so this may or may not have been covered in detail, but I was thinking we let Skruffs go too easily. It occurred to me that he could be using simple reverse psychology, perhaps wanting us to think he was a jester.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”