Mini 387: Suicide Bombers, GAME OVER (at last)!

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:57 am

Post by molestargazer »

Well..
Random votes often end up in lynching a townie.. so I'm not going to do that..

What else is there to say?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:59 am

Post by molestargazer »

Sherlock wrote:I'm going to agree with the fat ugly mole on this one (that pic is you, right?)
But of course :lol:

I'd do a random dice roll on this forum, but I don't know how, so I'll have to random.org it.

How odd.. Random.org also says Twomz. So he must be scum. :roll:

Vote: Twomz
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:21 am

Post by molestargazer »

Hmm.. yeah..

I mean, look at that name... It's just so... scummy... :lol:

My vote stands though. Hail the almighty randomness! :lol:
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:02 am

Post by molestargazer »

I'd also like an explanation of a Jester.

It's not on the cool little flash thing :(
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:28 am

Post by molestargazer »

The bomb thing could possibly happen - seeing as it's a suicide BOMBER mafia. However, I would've thought that the bomber role would be too powerful if he could plant bombs during the day - of course this depends on the number of bombers.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:06 am

Post by molestargazer »

Agreed.

Unvote: Twomz
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:29 am

Post by molestargazer »

I see what you're saying - however pointing out that could just be letting people know.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:09 am

Post by molestargazer »

Twito wrote:
Vote: ubertimmy
coz he is scum.
And you came to that decision.. how?

You need to let us know before exepcting us to vote for him.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:04 am

Post by molestargazer »

Well.. there's not much I can say.

I'm still watching though.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:48 am

Post by molestargazer »

I'm here now.

What've I missed? Why are you voting that Chaotic?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:06 am

Post by molestargazer »

By the way, who's MGS? :lol:
The next big thing is MGS's rise to defend sherlock in post 31.
MGS wrote:
I see what you're saying - however pointing out that could just be letting people know.
In this case, MGS is telling us that sherlock's point is to inform us. However, just in the last page, sherlock accused both TCS and I of being "lynchers" with little evidence. This is tied in with sherlock's post 27 in that he subtly tells us to watch out for the "dangerous" people, TCS and I. Seriously, err on the side of caution? What sort of suggestion is "not voting?" In a way, I think MGS was trying to divert our attention from that aspect.
I was actually saying that in regards to that post only - not a word was said or thought about when it came to the 'other' posts.
What the? He randomly votes even though he just said that he wouldn't. IMO, it has to do something with the "fat ugly mole" exchange he had with sherlock. As a result, there is a slight established connection.
What's that got to do with anything?
I don't hold grudges. I don't see what that's got to do with anything.

OK, I admit, the random vote thing was my mistake. You read Newbie 281, you see how really quite awful my memory is - that was to my downfall, and I hope it doesn't this time.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:07 am

Post by molestargazer »

By the way, who's MGS? :lol:
The next big thing is MGS's rise to defend sherlock in post 31.
MGS wrote:
In this case, MGS is telling us that sherlock's point is to inform us. However, just in the last page, sherlock accused both TCS and I of being "lynchers" with little evidence. This is tied in with sherlock's post 27 in that he subtly tells us to watch out for the "dangerous" people, TCS and I. Seriously, err on the side of caution? What sort of suggestion is "not voting?" In a way, I think MGS was trying to divert our attention from that aspect.
I was actually saying that in regards to that post only - not a word was said or thought about when it came to the 'other' posts.
What the? He randomly votes even though he just said that he wouldn't. IMO, it has to do something with the "fat ugly mole" exchange he had with sherlock. As a result, there is a slight established connection.
What's that got to do with anything?
I don't hold grudges. I don't see what that's got to do with anything. I'm slightly confused there with that 'connection' you're talking about.

OK, I admit, the random vote thing was my mistake. You read Newbie 281, you see how really quite awful my memory is - that was to my downfall, and I hope it doesn't this time.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:07 am

Post by molestargazer »

Whoops!

I posted the same thing twice. Damn internet. Sorry all!
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:06 am

Post by molestargazer »

Whoops!
I'm here!
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:27 am

Post by molestargazer »

Lurking?
Meh. What with all the site problems and me forgetting to put MafiaScum in my favourites toolbar, my actions could be classed as lurking. I know I've not been very useful, but I'm going to try and rectify that now.
St.. Tamuz. wrote:I kinda want to vote for pablito because of the whole "I'd kill me too" thing, and sherlock wasn't lookin' too good.
From previous experience, I used that tactic in my very first ever game of mafia when I was scum. However, it could just be a townie throwing his hands up and saying "Well, yeah, I made a mistake". I don't think it's sufficient evidence to vote for someone, so... yeah!
Tamuz wrote:...on MSG.
Please, call me Mole. I always wonder who MSG is when I see it ^_^
C_D wrote: Yes, it was to get things moving. Since MSG had a closer relation with sherlock/pablito at the beginning of the game, I thought sparking some points would get people to talk.
C_D - By the way you continued that push to get me lynched, that to me looks like you were jumping on the excuse that Kelly presented you. When I defended myself with those reasons, you came up with more - which makes me think you wanted me dead.

For this, I'm going to go with Save T- Tamuz's vote.
Vote - Chaotic Diablo
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:05 am

Post by molestargazer »

Meh.
No worries. MGS it is. ;)
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:35 pm

Post by molestargazer »

C_D wrote:
mole wrote: C_D - By the way you continued that push to get me lynched, that to me looks like you were jumping on the excuse that Kelly presented you. When I defended myself with those reasons, you came up with more - which makes me think you wanted me dead.
Wagon hopper.
Hopping?
If I remember rightly (which I probably haven't), I haven't voted at all before this - and certainly not in the past few pages. How does this count as hopping?

As for going on a bandwagon - well, yeah. I agree with what STD said about you, and I'm voting for his reasons which I believe to be correct. Perhaps there's a little bit of annoyance in there as well - but you've not proven yourself innocent to me personally yet.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:36 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Aplogies for the double post, but:
me wrote:Hopping?
If I remember rightly (which I probably haven't), I haven't voted at all before this - and certainly not in the past few pages. How does this count as hopping?
Unless, of course, the definition of hopping over here is different to the one I think it is ;)
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:54 am

Post by molestargazer »

Ah, OK. That's clarified then.
STD wrote:I kinda want to vote for C_D because of his shoddy attack on MSG.
There's my reason.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:07 am

Post by molestargazer »

TCS wrote:I always find it suspicious when someone votes for a person for a particular reason without even mentioning another player who did the exact same thing.
This could merely be the case of a memory thing. My memory is generally awful, and possibly STD forgot that that had happened. I am now trying to get him off the hook, I'm merely throwing out a suggestion.
However, I do know what you mean. It does seem slightly odd, and STD was throwing out suspicions in his first post.

Unvote - Chaotic Diablo

C_D, Kelly Chen, Twito and Others wrote: OMGUS
Here's my noob coming to the fore again, but what does OMGUS mean? All I know is 'Oh My God'. :lol:
CDS wrote:I voted him because he voted for me, and because his logic was crap.
If that's what STD counts as paranoid, then it confuses me why he didn't say this to me or vote for me. However, I'm not going to vote until he's explained what was going on with that, especially after my wagon hopping thing.

FoS - STD
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:31 am

Post by molestargazer »

Whoops!

Sorry all!

pablito, I think that that vote (which is almost random) doesn't seem helpful in this stage of the game. Surely we need to find who's the scummiest and get this day over with before the deadline, not pick off those who have been voted on before, randomly with a dice roll.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:47 am

Post by molestargazer »

*Yawn*
Morning all!

Hey Jack! Mike said to give you a cheer, so... cheer.

Anyway, down to the matter at hand.
I find it odd that no-one has died, although I've never played any mafia variations before. Any ideas, anyone?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:39 am

Post by molestargazer »

What do you mean by role fishing? Never heard that term.

However, I'm not asking for people's roles - far from it. I'm just musing aloud, if you like.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:07 am

Post by molestargazer »

Well, in regards to that. I've only played one previous game HERE before, and it introduced me to a lot of odd terms I'd never seen before - where I've played before, the most complicated term was FoS. :lol:

Posting a lot without accusing people... I found in this game if I did try and accuse, I became lynch fodder. I think your arguments are perfectly sound, and it seems to me like you're just trying to root out the scum, so I'm not even gonna FoS this time.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:12 am

Post by molestargazer »

Well, I'm gonna take your advice and actually read TCS's previous posts. I now may be accused of simply voting because of the past, but of course I will take your reasons into account.

I have noticed that he didn't post much at all earlier on apart from when he was accused. To me, lurking springs to mind, however I know that I have been using this tactic as well - so I won't take it into account. Just food for thought.

There was another slightly fishy quote that I had planned to go here, but I can't find it again whilst trawling through the thread. Damn.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Save The Dragons wrote:
Save The Dragons wrote:I kinda want to vote TCS for his paranoid vote of cardboardbox.
Creamy.
Paranoid? :lol: I voted him because he voted for me, and because his logic was crap. Why not vote Tamuz, then? I always find it suspicious when someone votes for a person for a particular reason without even
mentioning
another player who did the exact same thing.

Finally I think I have someone worth voting for.
unvote, vote: Save The Dragons
I find this kind of odd - to me it sorta seems like OMGUS - this happened shortly after I was accused of the same thing. Seems odd to me.

However, I still don't see a crystal clear reason for a vote. Kelly Chen - as I said I took your advice and went to re-read, but surely you could just give us a general reason why you voted?

FoS: Kelly Chen
for refusing to explain her vote - and I can't find any reason in particular why.

Also, throwing a bit of suspicion around: I found a lot of Pablito's posts slightly odd and a little scummy - and one of his latest posts was explaining all of his good ones when no-one commented on it anyway. This was followed by a reply to Dead Rik's comments, almost as an afterthought. Then he jumps on Kelly Chen's vote - looks sorta wagon-hopping-y to me.
FoS: pablito
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:39 am

Post by molestargazer »

TCS, that was an excellent post. I also liked the way you put yourself in and saw yourself from other points of view - you weren't trying to avoid suspicion.
TCS wrote:Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, and we should be lynching the people who are talking the least?
You've got a point, but I think currently we've got more than enough evidence to go off.
Pablito wrote:good idea.
unvote, vote: Masterchief
Is there any particular reason for that other than you want to lynch an inactive? I don't think you're doing what's best to try and get us a good lynch.

FoS - Pablito

However..
Masterchief wrote:I'm just waiting for something scummy to happen. So far, I see nothing wrong.
I personally think you've got plenty to go off right now, especially if you read back a page. There's even been things happening since you were here.
With that and also your completely useless posts - I've not seen a single one of value - I think I've found my vote.

Vote - Masterchief
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:43 am

Post by molestargazer »

molestargazer wrote: With that and also your completely useless posts - I've not seen a single one of value - I think I've found my vote.

Vote - Masterchief
Just to clarify.
I've not seen any useful posts since Page 8 of the thread - if you were in before then, my apologies, but I think it's still lynchworthy.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:39 am

Post by molestargazer »

No offence meant here, but if you can't see anything at least worth talking about, such as TCS's very good post recently, or Kelly Chen's ideas, then you need to make the font bigger.

If there's no suspicion that you can find - post what you think about people's ideas - anything to help out.

That simply reinforces my vote.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Jack wrote:Well pablito says he just wants you to comment. It's mole who says you are scummy, which is itself scummy to me.
Why is this scummy?

I have decided that I don't want to lynch inactives or lurkers. I cannot pick out who is scummy myself - even after TCS's excellent post. I decide to vote for the person who helps out least - at least then, if the lynch does go through and Masterchief is town, it won't be as big a loss as if we lynched a very active and thoughtful townie.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:20 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:The Masterchief wagon looks scummy. That is, the specific people voting him.

Do the individual members of the wagon agree with that?

@mole, TCS, pablito
I will agree that I do look very scummy in the eyes of others, taking this from what other people have said, and from TCS's list earlier. I won't comment on the others, but I do understand.

I have explained my reasons, and did my best not to try and use someone else's excuse to vote as I have done before.

However, I doubt there's gonna be 4 scum members.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:21 am

Post by molestargazer »

Whoops, I forgot to add this.

My vote still stands. If I see something, I'll look upon it individually and make my decision. I'm going to try not to bandwagon again.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:44 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:@mole: Why do you decline to comment on the scumminess of the other people on the Masterchief wagon?
Because I know from past experience in this game that if you FoS or Vote for someone for someone else's reasons (TCSs, which would be most of what I'd use), then it leads to people thinking I'm more scummy. Obviously, I don't want that.
Save the Dragons wrote:Mole, why did you FOS Pablito for voting Masterchief, which is what you did right after FOSing Pablito?
Confusing question! Let me have a read back...

Ah, right. I believe it was because Pablito used slightly different reasons for the vote than me, which I disagree with.
He was lynching an inactive - I was lynching someone who's posts contained absolutely no useful content whatsoever. You could argue that they're similar, but that's why.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #32) » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:02 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:What did I do to deserve Masterchief's ire?
Masterchief wrote:You annoy me. Plain and simple.
And this is enough reason to kill someone, is it? Anyone can be annoying - there could be some annoying doctors or cops, and I feel that I may be being a bit of an annoyance to people. My vote is, again, reinforced.

TCS - Why start a bandwagon for that reason? If it's a joke, I fail to catch it.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #33) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:45 am

Post by molestargazer »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:So where is the Mole in all of this? I'm curious to know what he's forgotten to say.
That's one way of putting it, I guess.

Along with Twito, I'm gonna need to catch up on this game.
Save the Dragons wrote:Mole, can you give me a list of players from most suspicious to least suspicious? I would be very happy if you did so.
Well, I'm not sure I can compile something like that - however, I will take a flick through the thread again, have a good read, and post what I think about certain people. Hopefully this'll make you happy enough. ;)

In
no particular order

TCS
-
My feelings for TCS have bounced up and a down a lot in this game. I don't really know what to think with him. Recently, I do believe he is scummy, after posting about "lol, that's a good game idea", then shortly after discussing starting a "Team building bandwagon on Kelly Chen" for no reason - then on Page 14 trying to reveal StD's role and saying that "If you got guilty, you're insane" - but giving no reason for us to believe that he is town.

StD
-
I'm unsure why exactly you want this list, however there's been nothing recently to suggest to me that you are scum.

Kelly Chen
-
To be honest, I'm unsure why everyone wants to vote for Kelly Chen - but my feelings towards her have also gone mad, up and down. Her reasonings are generally sound - although I'm not sure about the "read it for yourself" reasonings. One problem I've spotted here is that on Post 290, she asked people who she suspected if agreed with her that they are scum - surely a strange question because everyone would obviously say no. I understand that this post about Kelly Chen has been a bit up-and-down, but that's what I think - even if it is a bit muddled.

Pablito
-
Well it is your action because you're allowed to choose to be lazy or you're allowed to choose to not be lazy. You obviously chose to be lazy and I respect that choice, and in fact, I'm currently thinking you're more pro-town than ever because of it. But my whole argument has been that you have chosen something. We keep arguing about our perceptions of words, but I think our perceptions of alignment have stayed stable lately. So I hope this argument can be dropped soon.
Basically, this means that pablito is saying "I don't mind you being lazy and not contributing - in fact, that means you're pro-town". I find this slightly odd. Pablito is the one who has set my scum alarms going off a fair bit recently.
Yeah, still not liking Kelly Chen's reactions to everything.
Can you give us some examples?
Just for that, vote: masterchief

Then unvote, vote: the central scrutinizer
Here (Post 256). He never actually gave any reasoning for his vote - all he said after was thanking TCS.

Masterchief
-
Owch. Even after me voting for him for not contributing, I still find nothing that could help out from Page 12. He gave an excuse of being lazy - an awful one in my opinion.

Twito
-
See masterchief. Nothing of use since Page 9 - although he did say he would be inactive for xmas and new year, I'm hoping to see something from him soon.

Jack & Dead Rik
-
I see nothing here but people trying to help out, and saying what they think.

I guess that about sums it up. If there's anything I've forgotten, I'll add it on.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:02 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:I didn't mean to ask people if they thought they were scum. I meant to ask them if they thought the
other
people, on the bandwagon with them, were likely to be scum.
Ah, right. I see. It's all good.
Dead Rikimaru wrote:molestargazer, since you already did the job of analizing player by player why don't you start our game and point the three scummiest (or the three you wouldn't mind lynching) and why and then points who would you like to be the next.
1. Pablito - See above
2. Masterchief - See above
3. TCS - See above

There's no other players that I didn't include there which I think would be scummy.

Next, I'd like to see yours, Dead Rik.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:46 am

Post by molestargazer »

Well, looks like it's gone quiet. I've posted my ideas - what does everyone else think about my 3 "people I wouldn't mind lynching"?

Oh, and now I can..
Unvote - Masterchief
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:39 am

Post by molestargazer »

Simply because it was irrelevant. I still believe he is scummy, but I'm ready to embrace the view of others - and go for who I think would be a better choice. I will obviously revote if anything happens or my mind changes (which it does a lot!).
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:36 am

Post by molestargazer »

Did I say that?

The lynch won't work. He's explained himself, and most of you think that's fine. In my opinion, now there's no point.
I believe that there's no point in voting when I myself have said I believe other players to be scummy.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:19 am

Post by molestargazer »

neongrey wrote:I'm here, just sleepy. I didn't see myself get called on the list-suspicious-people thing, though. I'll get something together.
Kelly Chen wrote:For #3 I'll pick
neongrey
. Her posts are empty. When I singled her out for commenting on CD's shoplifting metaphor but nothing else, she replies:
194 wrote:Yeah, I felt like commenting on that, because it seemed entirely tangential. To be perfectly frank, I'm more inclined to look at -you- for how you ran with it so far.
209 wrote:Look, he practically yelled 'look, a distraction!' at you and you not only looked at the distraction, you ambled along after it.

That -is- suspicious to me, on both your parts, him for trying to throw you off track like that, and you for letting him.
Way to cast suspicion around and also not take a side. Not to mention that I never commented on the shoplifting metaphor slash distraction at all.

neongrey
goes next.
>.>
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:42 am

Post by molestargazer »

Just posting to apologize for my absence and explain.

A few days ago, I came down with a virus which is going round - I probably won't be on for a few more days again.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 am

Post by molestargazer »

Before replacing neongrey, I would also like to draw your attention to Save the Dragons - he also seems to be inactive, unless there's an explanation that I've missed out on.

neongrey's last post - 405
405 wrote:Flat-out, I didn't see it.

I've been busy with homework this week, and won't have time tonight, but I will do something up this weekend.
I don't think we should be replacing when she's coming back - but then that's not up to me.

Save the Dragon's last post - 391
391 wrote::P Just take a break for a day and come back to scum later or something. If you're "fking up," and there's a personal issue for it, try to deal with it. If it's because you're overloaded on games, do half one day and half another. If it's just a phase, then it will pass. Please do not try to hurt the town by requesting a lynch.

That is all.
In this post he was talking to Twito. Nothing scummy.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:40 am

Post by molestargazer »

Of course, when she mentioned "this weekend," she meant "last weekend," because that post was a week ago.
:oops:
My bad.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #42) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:57 am

Post by molestargazer »

Woah. Too long! I've not read it all, but I've picked out a few bits that I'd like to comment on.

Any quotes with no name are probably Twito from his long post. If not... sorry. I'm too lazy to type them ALL out fully.

Sticking to what other ppl say instead of saying something of his own.
1) I'm 14, I'm unable to pick out things with a great mind yet. It'll come in time.
2) We need 6 people to lynch. Are you expecting that 6 different people come up with 6 DIFFERENT reasons for lynching, with 6 DIFFERENT pieces of evidence?
molestargazer wrote:Well.. there's not much I can say.

I'm still watching though.
This kinda posts I find as scummy.
Why?
molestargazer wrote:*Yawn*
Morning all!

I find it odd that no-one has died, although I've never played any mafia variations before. Any ideas, anyone?
Fking scumbag! You know why!
No, I don't know actually. Shortly after that someone said I was rolefishing, but I wasn't. That's the only thing I can find there. That's just an insult. :(
He did vote on Masterchief for that along with Pablito. But why FoS Pablito?
molestargazer wrote:I don't think you're doing what's best to try and get us a good lynch.

FoS - Pablito
Ask question, get answer.
Sticking to what other ppl say instead of saying something of his own.
See above.
TCS wrote:I'm on board. Masterchief, you're going to have to say something. Maybe you will with three votes.

vote: Masterchief
GOOOOD!
You didn't say that when I voted. Any particular reason (lol, I'm NOT jealous! :P)?
underbusthrowingmanover
What the f..?
MSG kinda attacking MC.
Problem?
About the time to get of your scumbuddys back?
See below.
Dirty bitchass scumbag you are with your buddy.
Don't you try to plant a bomb on me!
>.>
Jack wrote:Sooooo, you think he's scummy but you're going to wait and see what the popular opinion is and then go with that?
I love the way you play Jack. <3 *hugs*
I don't know if you noticed, but shortly after he said that he misread what I said and that isn't the case. If you love the way he plays, there you go.

Now then.
Time for me to stop dithering and to make some decisive action. You all think I'm scum - fair enough, I've made more than my fair share of cock-ups. There's not much more I can say. I'm a clumsy person.

Vote: Masterchief

I'm fairly sure that your immediate reaction to this will be "OMG! He's voting for his scum buddy now he's been found out to try and make himself look pro-town!", or ">.<. Bandwagon." If you weren't going to say it, it certainly would have crossed my mind had I been in your place. Well this is not the case.

I'm going back to my previous argument that he has made absolutely no useful posts whatsoever to help out the town. To me, that seems both scummy, and if he isn't scum, it's gonna be no great loss. At least I'm trying here, cut me some slack!
Masterchief - 438 wrote:Only Twito can turn a conversation to drugs and alcohol...
Useless.
Masterchief - 420 wrote:
Vote: MC
Cuz he never reads any of the posts and makes a perfect lynch today.
However I will unvote if he quotes this and by doing so proves me wrong.
I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Lets just lynch him.

Why do you do this in every game?? Also, what proof do you have that I am scum?
He's posted the reasons why.. we can all see his proof.
Masterchief - 388 wrote:Well for me you have already done that.
This post is saying that Twito has done enough things to be on MC's scum radar - but we don't get any examples. Useless.
Masterchief - 313 wrote:And no not participating isn't my action. I simply am too lazy to read many of the posts.
Well then you're no help to us.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #43) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 am

Post by molestargazer »

Not stopping in for long, just need to set this straight:
Kelly Chen wrote:But if you're wrong about MC, this won't prove anything about mole.
From what you've said, you've got all the proof you need. Give me a chance to lynch a scum.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:52 am

Post by molestargazer »

TCS wrote:So, basically what you're saying is that it's better for the town for Kelly Chen and I to constantly be at each others' throats to the exclusion of all other considerations? Have I read you correctly?
That's not how I took it, although what I think might be complete rubbish. To me it seems like he's saying that you're playing at distancing, which admittedly I had not thought of before - I need more practice.
Kelly Chen wrote:I'm starting to feel happier with a mole lynch than a TCS one. If anyone was thinking about moving to TCS, let's speak up and talk about it...
Well, obviously, I'm going to speak up on my own behalf here. Could you please repost a few reasons as for this so I can explain them?

My vote for Masterchief stands.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:44 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:
molestargazer wrote:Well, obviously, I'm going to speak up on my own behalf here. Could you please repost a few reasons as for this so I can explain them?

My vote for Masterchief stands.
Your Masterchief vote is your only serious vote so far (the other two being random or semi-OMGUS if I remember), and it doesn't even seem to be based on the belief that he's scum. It seems like a convenient lynch to advocate. Even if he's town, given the reasons you're voting him, his lynch should have no risk of making you look bad.

I get that you're newbish, but I think you could be scum too.
Well..
The other two being random or Semi-OMGUS... I have voted for Masterchief before, but unvoted. That was for similar reasons as to this one. I can't remember the other one, but chances are it was Random or Semi-OMGUS as you said. I've not played well.

I really do think he's scum, from the minimum amount that he's posting (As if to try and post just enough to survive) and the way that when he does post, it doesn't help out at all.
What I'm saying is that if we do lynch him and find he's town (Doubtful, in my opinion), it's gonna be no big loss.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:43 am

Post by molestargazer »

Twito wrote:
MCS wrote:I really do think he's scum, from the minimum amount that he's posting (As if to try and post just enough to survive) and the way that when he does post, it doesn't help out at all.
What I'm saying is that if we do lynch him and find he's town (Doubtful, in my opinion), it's gonna be no big loss.
I feel like I stated this. Don't have time to find it now but I'd like to see the post where you vote MC and what you state as reasons. I'm pretty sure these reasons are not the same ones.
It's a bit too long to quote, so.. Clicky.

I see we're slowly running out of time here.
Depending on what happens by maybe tomorrow, I'll be taking a good long look at the TCS wagon and reasoning, and decide. I want to get a good lynch done in this day.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:00 am

Post by molestargazer »

TCS wrote:Let's see if I can entice an OMGUS to get myself hammered, a vote on clearly the most useless useful person in this game.
>.>

I learnt my lesson on hammering in my newbie game, and I try my very hardest not to OMGUS vote. I'm not going to make the same mistake and perhaps get myself lynched tomorrow.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #48) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:34 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:I guess that would mean that Twito, DR, and mole all are unwilling to vote TCS over a NL.
Not really, no.
I'd be perfectly willing, and in fact I was going to do so today, to vote for TCS so the town get a lynch, and some good info out of it.

However...
TCS wrote:Honestly, if it gets to the point where it looks like a no-lynch is probable, I'd rather you guys just lynch me. Then at least the town gets some information and one less element confusing the issue Day 3.
This seems like a very town reaction to me, noting the fact that if he dies and it helps to lynch scum, he wins with the town. If I were mafia, it's not something that I would do - especially if we were getting closer than ever to deadline and the town needed a lynch.
Kelly Chen wrote:I guess that would mean that Twito, DR, and mole all are unwilling to vote TCS over a NL.
At that point when you posted, there were 3, maybe 2 days to the past deadline. Surely you didn't think that we wouldn't be active enough at that time so we couldn't change our votes if needed?

The KC wagon.. meh. I find it slightly confusing, with no reasoning explained - and yet I can see why (If that makes sense!). I'll be going out soon, and my daily Virus Scan's come up with a trojan horse downloader, so I'd better be off for now. I'll make my decision as to a lynch vote later - I don't think the MC one's going to work, and I want to help the town get a lynch. Perhaps some more evidence will come up whilst I'm out.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:48 am

Post by molestargazer »

HackerHuck wrote:I'm not sure why there isn't more support for the Masterchief lynch.
Then join us on it.
I really think he is scum, he's rarely posted at all, and his posts have been worth absolutely nothing.

However, I do very much agree with HH's analasis of KC. It's what I was trying to say, said. And I'm not just saying that - KC's style had me very confused - he's unscrambled it.
Save the Dragons wrote:No, that's my excuse for why I only have two people on the list, not for why I could be wrong. My excuse for being wrong is that I suck.
When I came here, from what I read around, you seem to be something of a legend. Or maybe that's because you were one of the first names I read when I flicked through the wiki or something.
To me, this post seems slightly scummy, almost trying to excuse being wrong - we're all wrong at one time or another, and we all make mistakes. Some more than most. Yes, I'm looking at myself. :P For those of you who think I'm scummy, and according to HH, I think it's similar to my supposed "kind of newbie card".
HackerHuck wrote:that will clear a few people since I doubt scum can afford to sacrifice any of their own.
I think any lynch will clear some people and throw others into doubt right now. Apart from, obviously, a no lynch.
TCS wrote:Seriously, guys, you should really take a look at Jack tomorrow. I'm just sayin' bro.
I don't really see why.

My vote is still the same. MC, I really think is scum.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:46 am

Post by molestargazer »

Kelly Chen wrote:
MSG earlier wrote:I really do think he's scum, from the minimum amount that he's posting (As if to try and post just enough to survive) and the way that when he does post, it doesn't help out at all.
From MC's posts I don't get the impression that he was trying to post just enough to survive. I get the impression that he wasn't going to contribute and didn't care if we knew it.

If you forget about him being no big loss in any case, does he still seem like a good lynch? I don't think so.
An interesting question... and one that's definitely getting me thinking.
I generally make up my posts as I'm going along, apart from maybe the really big ones, so excuse me if this seems a little muddled.

If that thing about him being no big loss was cast aside... I would probably say that it depends on the situation.
If we were deadline-less, and perhaps if I'd read TCS' posts more carefully than I currently have done (I'm going to have to attempt (and probably fail) to re-read the last few pages), I would say no, it wasn't. I would, in that case, say that we had all the time we needed to assess people's styles and what they say, and get ourselves a good lynch.
But we've got a deadline. We're under a little pressure - 8 days from where I'm sitting (GMT). We could spend all day (If you'll pardon the term) talking about it, thrashing out a really great lynch that would work. We need to get a lynch over and done with, and unless I re-read and find something extra-scummy from TCS which I could vote for.

I understand your comment, and believe it's a great one - but for now, my vote stands.
I'll try and do a re-read of the past few pages and attempt to get it all clear in my head.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:27 am

Post by molestargazer »

Lo!
I, of course, shall
Unvote: Masterchief / Brutal Assassin

I really did think that MC w as scum, however I have been told that that was his general play style. Unvoting's gonna give me some more time to think about a good lynch, and analyse people's posts slightly more.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:12 am

Post by molestargazer »

Brutal Assassin wrote:
MSG wrote: *Yawn*
Morning all!

Blatent role fishing, and what I belief to be a fake lack of knowledge of the game. Basic Mafia knowledge dictates the most likely reason for a no kill is a doctor.
MSG wrote: However, I'm not asking for people's roles - far from it. I'm just musing aloud, if you like.

Scumscumscumscumscum.
WTF?

I'm sorry, but that's just picking things out in my play that are maybe just a mistake, or a little bit scummy, and using them as part of a very long reason to vote for me.

In no way, shape or form in that first post did I ask for any roles. This is a theme game, it might have an odd setup that I hadn't picked up on.
Brutal Assassin wrote:I'd just like to say the extensive use of "mountains out of molehills" is highly suspicious. TCS said it once, as did Pablito. Strange phrase to use multiple times.
I don't really see how that could be a connection...
Brutal Assassin wrote:lmfao, he asks why Pablito is wanting to lynch MC then he goes on to jump on the wagon. wtf.
Pablito didn't give reasons for it. I did. 'Nuf said.
Brutal Assassin wrote:and the way he words it is highly suspicious.
That's the way I type/speak. Like it or lump it.
Brutal Assassin wrote:Randomly came out of no-where with the whole masterchief attack too
I had voted for him before - it's not out of nowhere. You don't expect me to make a few posts musing about it before voting?
Brutal Assassin wrote:The last line is a classic line, where he makes an "inside information" tell.
Eh?
I was using logic - from my little experience, I doubt there's gonna be 4 scum in a game this size.

I'm not saying all of your arguments are shoddy - there's some really awful messups in my playing style in this game, and no doubt I'll have to adapt.
However... I appreciate you making that long post (Even if most of it is trying to condemn me to the noose :P), and it's a decent, if not slightly aggressive, analasis of my play. However, you're making a mistake - or maybe I made the mistakes and now I'm paying for it. We'll see.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:43 am

Post by molestargazer »

OK, I'm very near to death - let's have a good shot at rectifying some mistakes, and setting some things straight.

First of all...
C_D wrote:
MSG wrote:I don't really see how that could be a connection...
You are
mole
stargazer. That's the connection.
I was meaning I don't really see how that means that I could be scum, or if he was mafia, why he would use that phrase so often.
Pablito wrote:MSG - have you addressed this post yet? If not, please do, doo be do bee do.
MSG wrote:Whoops!

Sorry all!

pablito, I think that that vote (which is almost random) doesn't seem helpful in this stage of the game. Surely we need to find who's the scummiest and get this day over with before the deadline, not pick off those who have been voted on before, randomly with a dice roll.
Your vote was random. I think that at that stage of the game, we had plenty evidence to lynch without a random diceroll. Yes, it worked - but at the time, I didn't think that was the best way of going about things.
Pablito wrote:MSG do you feel that my voting patterns have been erratic and unhelpful
No. Simply a slight... over-keenness (I know that's not a word) to see a lynch when they should be made properly and decisively - for example:
Pablito - 530 wrote:LYNCH! LYNCH! WAGON! WAGON!
I think you see my point.
If it's a joke, I always fail to see sarcasm over the ol' interweb.
Pablito wrote:but CLAIM unvote: MSG for now
I presume this means you want me to claim?
I am a TOWNIE. What else can I say? I know no more than you, and my playing style so far has been 't3h phail'. I hope to change that from now on.

I know if I don't explain myself properly, as I haven't done so far, then the deadline's gonna get nearer and nearer and mole's gonna become lynch fodder.
I currently feel that trying to accuse anyone else in my state isn't going to work. It would simply be seen as a distraction (Or at least, that's how I'd see it), and if I got something even slightly wrong, then I would end up being lynched.
C_D wrote:Newbie games are there to give "newbies" experience so it comes to no surprise that his play and terminology might seem correct at first. As the game progressed, you can see more faults to his playstyle, like every other newbie.
I'm going to admit, perhaps another newbie game would have been more benficial. I've learnt my lesson now, and I'm no longer going to type my posts as I go along - one major flaw in my playstyle which has led to this, IMO.
Kelly Chen wrote:What is "camel fat to feed the masses"?
I'd also like to know this. I don't have a clue.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:36 am

Post by molestargazer »

pablito wrote:
vote: MSG

Camel fat is what they serve in kebabs in the middle east. It's cheap and plentiful.
Why the vote?
Seems slightly odd to vote for me just because I didn't know about Camel fat. :roll:
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:40 am

Post by molestargazer »

Jack wrote: err he's been voting you for a while.
So he has.
OK, I'll rephrase it.

Why'd you have to say it again when you're already voting?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #56) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:44 am

Post by molestargazer »

molestargazer wrote:
Jack wrote: err he's been voting you for a while.
So he has.
OK, I'll rephrase it.

Why'd you have to say it again when you're already voting?
*Sigh*
I didn't read. Jack, it's all your fault. :P

He unvoted earlier to avoid a hammer on me. Now I've claimed, he's voted again.
My post didn't change much then, huh?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”