Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:25 am

Post by Thoth »

I agree with the previous poster. Yosarian's posts make the most sense to me sofar. I'd be willing to go for his revival.

Not so sure yet about the Roleblocker claim. Someone mentioned it being an ability scum often has. It happens sometimes, but in my experience it's still way more often a protown role. That aside I don't think there will be scum with special abilities in this game, unless they're relatively weak. A scum roleblocker would be extremely strong with only a few players alive. Much stronger than in a regular setting. Still doubting a protown roleblocker as well though. It's a role that I would not put in this game at all, so it makes it harder for me to believe it.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:40 am

Post by Thoth »

Yosarian2 wrote: Well, a scum roleblocker wouldn't a big deal unless there's more then 1 scum alive at once, assuming he can't kill and roleblock at the same time, so it probably wouldn't be too game-breaking in the early game.
Good point, did not think about that as it's usually a nonissue, but in this game it's different.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Post by Thoth »

M4yhem wrote:Thoth- making sense does not equal town.

I am alarmed at the speed of the Yossarian bandwagon. I’m pretty sure not everyone has checked in yet. Let us wait until everyone has spoken at least once, please, before decided who to enervate.
Both valid points. The second one is also the main reason I've not voted yet. I'm inclined to go with Yosarian at the moment, but there's no need to rush things this early.

Also agree that making sense does not equal town, but until we have something better to go on I'd prefer to go for someone that makes sense and helps the town with his posts.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:36 pm

Post by Thoth »

al_kohaulec wrote: If we don't listen too much to who's been revived, then we'll end up looking more at groups of players who are grouping together. Let's say we end up with approx. 3 groups of 4, and we pretty much revive one from each group. The last group would probably have 2 or 3 scum in it, and they'd try hard to get one of theirs revived.
If only it would be this easy. If the scum players are any good at all and we end up with 3 groups of 4 they are more likely to be spread over the groups than not. If not than unless the town sucks as well we should not be in for a difficult game.

vote:Yosarian2

He convinced me enough to vote for him. It's also unlikely I'll vote for Mayhem's revival ever.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #108 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:55 pm

Post by Thoth »

themanhimself wrote:
M4yhem wrote:a) Who do you think is scummiest right now?
a)Probably thoth. In this game lurkers are more harmful than anyone. Except scum of course.
Are you accusing me of lurking here? I did not post in the weekend indeed, but that's something I rarely do. If you're worried about lurkers there are some better candidates around.
Tamuz wrote:Then find reasons not to vote people and flip coins.

Thats one regret I have about not getting here earlier this game, otherwise I would have suggested we play it random, rolling dice which may have either,
A) Given us a good random base town, no chance of mafia planting
or
B) Flushed out impatient scum.
Why would you want to play it random? That's basically assuming that actual discussion makes the town less likely to win (and it does not really make for a fun game).

At the moment I'm leaning towars chaotic_diablo. His posts seem to make sense and he has done nothing that makes me not want to vote him.
CrashTextDummie wrote:chaotic_diablo - I don't know where you get the idea that I will be non-contributive once I've been revived. Yes, I've pretty much avoided all the speculation about the set-up, but that's mainly because I haven't really decided on the best strategy, and because I think it can be dangerous to formulate elaborate gameplans already, considering that the mafia already had a chance to discuss things and most likely put a lot more thought into it than the average, independent townie.
I was not aware that the mafia already had a chance to discuss this and I could not find it in the game descriptions. There was not by any chance something in your role PM similar to 'You're scum with ..., as the game starts with 3 semi-days without a night you get some time to discuss strategy with your scum partners outside the thread'?

Not going to vote for:
crashtextdummy - potential scumslip, not posting his thoughts after announcing to do so later.
lordy - only 1 post yet, no original content
M4yhem - I disagree with most of his posts
Mr.Cesar - no content whatsoever.
Tamuz - low content
TheManHimself - don't like the early claim, would still be a dangerous gambit for scum though. I would not put a roleblocker in this game, but I also would not be willing to risk my game this early assuming this mod does not put one in.
Twito - not enough posts (with some content though, so better than having many posts without)
Yellowbounder - not enough posts

I'm potentially willing to vote for all others.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:21 am

Post by Thoth »

M4yhem wrote: Thoth- Are you more likely, on average, to disagree with other townies or with scum? Which posts do you disagree with? Do you agree with the things Chaotic_Diablo is saying to me?
The huge posts in which you and C_D go back and forth over 6 points I basically agree with C_D on all points.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:50 pm

Post by Thoth »

chaotic_diablo wrote:Thoth, you took out 9 people on your list. The only ones left are al_ko and I. Is there a chance that you might reconsider adding more onto that list in the near future?
Of course, especially the ones that I will not vote right now because of a lack of posts/content.
Tamuz wrote:Thats it--I think Thoth actually is lower on content than he claims me to be (but yes, it is true I'm not very high in content, but we are both kettles calling the other black pots).
At the time I wrote that you only posted a few lists with little extra. From that I don't like the point you're making about Yos (in your 2nd post) as you could make exactly the same argument replacing scum with townie.
Last few posts I liked more moving you out of the 'would not vote for' category. Of course posting more content after appearing under 'low content' also makes you look somewhat more suspicious (yes, that is a Morton's Fork).
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #139 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by Thoth »

I thought this was a very common expression, but maybe I'm wrong about that: Morton's Fork

CrashTextDummie wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:If you really want to get revived that badly, you need to convince the town to revive you, you need to work for the vote, earn it. Otherwise nobody has any reason to revive you.
Actually, I'm not sure if I agree with this.

I'd even go so far as to vote: Mr. César
I agree with this somewhat. In my experience people that hint at or request something strongly without explaining further are usually sincere. Of course they rarely get what they what unless they already have a very good reputation at mafiascum
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #191 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:19 pm

Post by Thoth »

al_kohaulec wrote:As for the roleclaiming thing, one pro part of it is if the cop and doc are revived, and the cop can target limbo players, then we are guaranteed at least 3 investigations (I think). N1 investigate, N1 no killing is allowed. N2 investigate and doc is killed. N3 investigate, cop might be killed. However since each scum is given a specific time when they can start killing, this is dependent on both scum being revived, and being able to kill early. Also, a scum kill that early when everybody except that one scum player is claimed would show us who one of the scum are, and if we get a vig revived, then he can remove the scum when he hits the doc.

Hmm... looking at it that way, it looks like a really easy to win, the cons I see are:
a.) what's the fun in that?
b.) possible fake claims and such.
This only gives 2 certain investigations. The N3 result we will never know when the cop dies. Preventing this by having a living vig that kills the guy that kills the doctor would work, but requires us to revive rather well as with 4 revives on day 2 this requires vig, doc, cop and scum.

Still I think it is a pretty good idea. After all there is a chance we don't revive scum during the pregame. In that case when we have a living sane cop the game is virtually over. Of course we're in great shape anyhow then even if we don't have a living cop.

I don't think there is a SK. If there was the post with game mechanics from the mod would not be written like it is.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #207 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:19 pm

Post by Thoth »

lordy wrote:And I dont see why anybody would support Mr.Caesar for revival, mainly because he has been screaming "VOTE ME" all over. If i did that would you vote me?
How often when someone said in a game 'Please do this now, I can/will not explain until later' was it wrong to do so? In my experience it's almost always good to follow.
al_kohaulec wrote:CDT, remember this about Mr. C. He could be hinting at being a power role. Now let's assume he is one. We revive him, but he doesn't claim, we don't know for sure. He's revived, but we probably won't have a doc. Night hits. Mafia kills Mr. C. BIG power role dead. So even if Mr. C. is protown, how do we benefit from his revival on the off chance that we do happen to also revive scum?
I'd prefer a power role alive over one in limbo. Otherwise we have to guess when a doctor will be alive and it is safe to revive and we risk either the doc getting killed before this or the doc still in limbo when we finally do revive. When revived now there's also the fact that should we also revive scum they can not kill yet (as outlined in the rules). So he gets to use an ability at least once and maybe more if scum cannot kill the next night.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #226 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:04 pm

Post by Thoth »

Tamuz was not my top choice for revival, but let's see how it works out. Difficult to decide who to go for now. Probably still C_D as my first choice. I always dislike people putting on a 'lynch + 1'-vote, but lordy was not on my potential voting list anyhow.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #266 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by Thoth »

Sorry, still there, but was away during the weekend. I'll post tomorrow when I've read up.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #305 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:14 am

Post by Thoth »

I'd suggest as well that we wait until everyone has posted and there are no counterclaims. If we've already got 1 scum alive we don't want to be tricked here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”