inbetweeners mafia Game Over - Bully for you!

Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 7, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: Don'tLynchMe

Since your requesting to be lynched...

I don't know where you are getting that notion. We're specifically asking to
not
be lynched.

VOTE: PeregrineV

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 12, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Peregrine, Zang and DLM
– why are you ignoring the righteous Furc wagon?

What makes it so righteous?

In post 13, PeregrineV wrote:@Don'tLynchMe- Are you sure you didn't mean LynchMePls?

No relation, I promise. Now then..

In post 15, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 14, Lanthir wrote:MoI, why wasn't I included in your asking for Furc wagoners list?

Because unlike the other three you already are obvious scum for voting me.

What wrong with asking scum to bus? In fact, you even correct yourself.

In post 18, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Take it as a learning opportunity - always bus Furc every chance you get.

But I can't ignore your earlier play, it feels like you exclude Lanthir from your list just so you can call him obvscum later on.
VOTE: MoI
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

^
-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I like MoI more now than his p1 play
UNVOTE:

VOTE: ThAdmiral
At first I thought he was just defending himself more than he was scumhunting. But then I saw he didn't want to provide his meta. I mean yeah, the amusing coincidence of ThAdmiral saying that being too helpful is scummy, and deliberately trying to be unhelpful, isn't lost on me. However, as stated, that's just amusing, not necessarily scummy.

One thing the bothered me is his "edit" to point out that his RVS vote was oh-so spot on. I can understand making an RVS mindlessly, and seeing it when you read through the thread to make your next post. But the "edit" seems to come from a point in time where ThAdmiral has already written the post and is looking back over his tracks to double-check everything. Completely more scum-driven than town-driven. Why wouldn't he catch what he said the first time he reads through before he makes the post? Why would he want to go back and look at his RVS in the time between typing his post and submitting it if it was just a mindless RVS? I do not have answers to these questions.

MoI also makes some decent points. Exhibit B I feel is the strongest point.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 60, killerjester wrote:I know what the edit concept is. Maybe I used "unnecessary" quotations, but I hope I got the point across.

We're composed of killerjester (KJ) and Nero Cain (NC, I presume). He's.. around. At the very least I know he picked up our role PM and said hi to me.

-KJ

For iso purposes
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Can you list where he's flipflopped on the furc wagon 5 times (or as many as you can find)?
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Nero Cain sends his regards, his desktop seems to have fallen ill. I don't think he's read up yet, but if he does and has trouble posting for some reason, I'll probably be sharing his opinion in his absence.

I read through a handful of ThAd's games to humor him. I may have come across something that might relate to his being-too-helpful-is-scummy argument. However, it doesn't apply very well. I can't discuss it further, but it's in [REDACTED] if anyone cares to remind me about it later when the game isn't ongoing.

So ThAd, I implore you to take a browse through your finished games and show us where you've tried this angle before. It makes much more sense for you to argue, "Here's the evidence, I must be right!" than it is for us to say, "Here's the lack of evidence, you must be wrong!" Acting belligerent earns you nothing but rope. In the meantime I might read up on the Xis and Jarvis cases.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 117, ThAdmiral wrote:Why not save the time and avoid all the hassle?

In contrast, why not save the time and avoid the hassle by supplying us with an example? Being a pain in the ass really only hurts town. Hypothetically, if you haven't used the argument before you should admit your mistake at the earliest time.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:33 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I'm starting to see why people have blacklists. ThAd, want to tell us who your scumbuddies are? Or would you like to CC Yates' Jester claim?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

At a minimum, the point at which you say "I'm sure I've done this before" (#112) is the point at which you should be expected to backup your assertion with self-meta evidence, or redact your statement. Of course, finding any example of anyone using the tell would be helpful as well.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Yates, who is scum?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 175, Xisiqomelir wrote:
@DLM
: What is your answer to your own question?

Is that your pretentious way for asking about my scumreads? My vote speaks toward that end. If I notice something else I promise you'll be the first to know, and if if there is something in particular that you feels needs my attention I trust you'll speak up.

Yates, feel free to ask questions in the most organic manner that you can manage.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I can't say much about his outbursts, but he is avoiding Zang like wildfire and shows a clear lack of scumhunting. The scummiest aspect about him is calling Xis maybe town but still pushing for his lynch. There just aren't even words for that. As of now he's the best alternative to ThAd.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:15 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

The Xis wagon feels extremely scum-driven. Anyone else get that feeling?

In post 39, Lanthir wrote:
In post 37, Xisiqomelir wrote:Bookmarking this in my ISO for an LaL lynch tomorrow.

D1, I need four more votes to lynch Furcolow before he confirms. Doing this pre-pg. 3 would be great.

Lining up lynches on P2?

vote xisiqomelir

You've been lurking recently! Did you notice anything in your reread you'd like to share with the class?

In post 46, Mr_Ree wrote:
unvote, vote Xis

So, just so we're aware, why do we want to lynch someone before they even confirm?

You've been lurking as well recently! Did you notice anything in your reread you'd like to share with the class?

In post 111, Furcolow wrote:
vote:

Xisiqomelir

Start with what makes Xis scummy. Then could you elaborate into how he's scummier than MoI's sheeping and 'sucking dick'? If you're feeling generous I'd also care to hear about your townreads on Fonz, Jarvis, and ThAd.

In post 198, Yates wrote:I think you need to take a step back and take a more critical look at Jarvis, DLM, and Xis. I don't have a case on any of the three at the moment but a strong suspicion there is scum in one of these three slots.

What makes these players suspicious?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 201, Furcolow wrote:i don't like him, don't care if he's town

That doesn't answer anything at all. In terms of reads, do you find him scummy, town, or null? Are you saying he hasn't done anything scummy, and you only want him lynched because he annoys you? Which part of his play in particular do you not like? Why would something like this take precedence over your scumread on MoI? And what about your townreads, do you have reasons for those as well or are they just players you like?

You can reply with multiple posts if you feel you seriously need to keep the one-liner thing going.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

What about the others?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

What about the examples for Jarvis and Xis?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Oh lol, whatever triple post.
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Okay, what do you think of the Xis wagon?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:17 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 218, Jarvis wrote:
Unvote

I am not at all interested in answering wall after wall of quotes. Shitting up the thread with back and forth quotewalls is not pro-town. If you have a question, put it concisely and I'll get to it. Requote old ones if you must.

Explain your reasons for the unvote. And who is scum?

Mod: Could we get a prod on Lanthir?

-KJ

Mod - Already sent a prod.
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Let's see about MoI points.

1 seems reasonable. You came off as very friendly towards Furc and Lanthir early on.

2 makes sense, scum often try to disregard arguments made against them. Especially if the arguments don't seem to be gaining support. How did you put it? "Laughing off points you find laughable." The only catch is that I've seen lazy town do this before, and am pretty sure I'm even guilty of this tell at least once in the recently-finished Political Corruption large theme.

3 is sound. I can't find where in the game you have addressed this part of Xis's play
In post 100, MagnaofIllusion wrote:What is the Scum motivation for Xis to be rallying a lynch on Furc the Perenial VI who is Town before he posts? There isn’t any. Xis would be making waves for no appreciable gain (Furc is going to make himself noose / Vig worthy just by his actual play) with the significant downside of bringing the spotlight right at himself.

Thad of course sidesteps responding with any sort of motivation in his points to Zang. I’m sure because he is scum and doesn’t want to get tied down to inconvenient statements.

4 is a good point, but I'm more interested in how you changed your reasoning for why you weren't interacting with Xis. At first you state it's just because you don't like him, but later you claim you haven't been interacting with him because he's been talking a lot and there's "no need". Since when in the history of scumhunting have there ever been scumspects that do not have a "need" to be pushed, prior to an actual lynch?

5... I don't like as much. Your play of not providing support should be considered scummy independent of your equally valid point about Jarvis's play.

In summary, you're still very scummy. However, Jarvis is a strong contender, and if I can't rally support for your lynch I'd be fine with a Jarvis lynch.
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

^ -KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

@ThAd

1. Can you cite where you thought Xis and MoI were buddying newbs/VIs?

2. Tu quoque is not even remotely close to refuting the central point. Are you seriously asking me about logic 101? Arguments are composed of premises and conclusions. To refute an argument, show that the premises are false, or show that there is not reason to believe the conclusion is true even if the premises are.

So let's use a few examples. In mine, I mentioned in #236 that you tried to ignore arguments, and that scum often disregard arguments made against them instead of directly addressing them. The conclusion would be something like since you tried to ignore arguments made against you, you are scum. In your example, MoI has interpreted your behavior as buddying, and stated that since buddying is a scum-motivated action you must be scum.

In my example, both premises are clearly valid (you were ignoring arguments, and I have seen scum often ignore arguments when they can get away with it) so the only way to refute the argument is to show how the premises might not suggest the conclusion. I stated that there are some circumstances where I've seen town ignore arguments made against them, and as such the conclusion that you are scum for it doesn't seem to hold. In your example, the conclusion seems very reasonable if the premise is valid so you'd do well to attack the premise. It looks like you're trying to garner favor for these players with terrible, terrible reasoning. If you're going to start refuting the argument you have to show why you had good town-sided reason to say the things you did.

In post 36, ThAdmiral wrote:Question: am I the only furc fan around?
I like playing with him because he is readable for the most part.

[...]

In post 35, Lanthir wrote:
In post 32, ThAdmiral wrote:
Vote: xisiqomilir

Hard to spell

You have nothing else to comment on? Really?

Yeah, this guy is town. Way to righteous.

What were you trying to achieve with the comment on Furc? I don't think being easily readable has any bearing on alignment, so why should it even factor in to whether the Furc wagon was good or bad? Or did you really believe Furc was being wagoned because the players didn't enjoy playing with him? On Lanthir, what does righteousness have to do with alignment?

3. The issue is Xis was going tunnel vision before Furc even posted. He can't argue that "I'm right about everything" because there was nothing to be right about. He was throwing himself into the spotlight for the sake of throwing himself into the spotlight. Why would scum want to do that?

4. Stop avoiding it.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Let me save you the trouble Fonz

In post 249, The Fonz wrote:In short: saying 'does anyone else think this wagon is full of scum' is scummy because saying 'does anyone else think that...' is floating an idea
without committing to it

You seem to have missed where I
explicitly
made a commitment.
Spoiler: omg it's in the same post
In post 200, Dont Vote Me wrote:
The Xis wagon feels extremely scum-driven
. Anyone else get that feeling?

In post 249, The Fonz wrote:and suggesting that a wagon is full of scum
without doing any analysis of WHO on it is pushing it in a scummy manner
seems to be preparing the groundwork to join a wagon on any of the player currently voting that way, just so long as someone else leads it and takes the heat.

You seem to have missed where I did analyses of scummy players on the Xis wagon, one of which I
explicitly
stated was pushing Xis in a scummy manner.
Spoiler: wow I bet you're totally reading the game
In post 58, Dont Vote Me wrote:VOTE: ThAdmiral

In post 179, Dont Vote Me wrote:I can't say much about his [Jarvis's] outbursts, but he is avoiding Zang like wildfire and shows a clear lack of scumhunting. The
scummiest aspect about him is calling Xis maybe town but still pushing for his lynch
. There just aren't even words for that. As of now he's the best alternative to ThAd.

And then in this post I go on to try and get a read on every other Xis supporter (or potential support, in Yates's case).

Any other questions?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

NC is catching up, and providing opinions in our QT. I feel more appropriate nagging him to make a post here rather than speaking for him. That's all for now.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 318, killerjester wrote:Don't you dare try to pass that off as a "dedicated" post. By "catch up" I presumed we would see your opinion about things that happened prior to #293. Are you going to talk about any of that or were you just bullshitting us?

Start with this, if you like.

-KJ

yep
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

You guys do know that Jarvis is scum right?

-NC
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

vote:Jarvis

In post 328, jasonT1981 wrote:Jarvis 3 - Mr_Ree,Amrun,Yates
Jarvis 2 - Zang,The Fonz

I'm joining the first Jarvis wagon with three votes. Zang and Fonz should get of the Jarvis with two votes.

-NC
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 363, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 361, Dont Vote Me wrote:You guys do know that Jarvis is scum right?

-NC

:sigh: Why is Jarvis scum? Do it MoI style with posts and such, please.

Post a case on Jarvis so I can defend my scumbuddy. There, I translated your scumspeak. Besides I have no time.
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

If anyone was curious, this head is fine with a Jarvis wagon as well. I'm pretty sure I listed my suspicions earlier in the game.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I read it as asking you to elaborate on who you think scum-Ree would have killed before Sotty.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Sorry, by 'slew of other people' I didn't realize you meant just Fonz, as he's the only one you point out in particular. Why would Ree kill Fonz instead of Sotty? Just cos he was being voted by him? Does Fonz look more town than Sotty did? Come on, elaborate means elaborate. And if there
is
a slew of other people feel free to mention them.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Prod dodge, will read after work tonight.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 477, killerjester wrote:
In post 392, ThAdmiral wrote:
Dlm analysis:

Flips from thinking moi is scummy (20), to liking his play (58) with no real explanation provided.

I suppose I wasn't exactly transparent at the time. I found myself coming to the same conclusions as MoI, and I mentioned the points of his case were decent. I also called him town. So if was unclear, yes the things I was talking about in that post were why I called him town.

In post 392, ThAdmiral wrote:Votes me in 58. The interesting thing to note is that he said me not providing my meta was "just amusing, not necessarily scummy", and the main thing he found suspicious was my "edit" of my post.

He implores me to browse through my finished games, and warns me "Acting belligerent earns you nothing but rope" (116), and also says "Being a pain in the ass really only hurts town" (118) which sounds more like someone asking someone they know is town-aligned to play more pro-town, than someone who is certain they are on scum.

Yet in 140, after I said I'd be happy to set a precedent of not having to supply meta, he says "I'm starting to see why people have blacklists. ThAd, want to tell us who your scumbuddies are?". I have only continued to not provide my meta, something that was "not necessarily scummy", but now it apparently is.

I believe I've gone over this. In #58 there was no real expectation for you to provide self meta, because you weren't making any claims about your own play. In your #112, you make the claim that you have indeed played that way before, and it was at that point my opinion towards your reluctance to provide self meta changed.

In post 392, ThAdmiral wrote:He reacts very prickly when xisq asks him to answer his own question he put to yates ("who is scum" 165), saying: ""Is that your pretentious way for asking about my scumreads?" (177). He implies he doesn't have any others than where his vote is, i.e. me. When pushed, however, he states that jarvis is the best alternative to me (179).

As far as being prickly, I recall you feeling similar about Xisq, stating "Dickheads generally are [oblivious to their own actions]. Otherwise they probably wouldn't be dickheads." If you thought I was responding in a prickly manner, I don't understand why you wait until it's time to make a case on me to bring it up.

As far as giving my opinion on Jarvis in #179 but not #177, it's simple. Xisq asked me to look at Jarvis in #178 and I did.

In post 392, ThAdmiral wrote:In post 200 he asks the open ended question "The Xis wagon feels extremely scum-driven. Anyone else get that feeling?", without any concrete opinion on who the scum may be. However he does ask questions of people on the wagon - asking them for further reads if they have been lurking, or to clarify their position on xisq. He also asks similar clarification questions of yates, furculow and jarvis but after they are answered doesn't seem to come to any conclusions based on their answers - as if he was just asking to look like he was being proactive, to look as if he was scumhunting.

Similarly with me he asks me a series of questions based on moi's case against me which I respond to. He responds in kind, and so far so good. But when I respond again he doesn't say anything in reply. As I mentioned at the time it did sound as though dlm had made up his mind about me - I felt that no matter what I said he would keep his vote on me, which he did for the most part.

Wowwwwwwwwww. I get that my question is pretty open ended for anyone to respond to. But seriously guys? I promise I was clear about both my concrete opinion on the Xis wagon AND who the scum were on it.

And as for why it didn't seem like I came to any conclusions after questioning the rest of the players on the Xis wagon, it's because I didn't come to any conclusions after questioning the rest of the players on the Xis wagon. It happens.

In post 392, ThAdmiral wrote:Then suddenly in 361 he says "You guys do know that Jarvis is scum right?", and votes him in the subsequent post (364). I realise that this it was the nero cain, and it was his first post, but he provided no reasoning (when asked by peregrine he says "Post a case on Jarvis so I can defend my scumbuddy. There, I translated your scumspeak. Besides I have no time.", 367), and the killer jester head supports the vote, stating his earlier posted suspicions of jarvis. I think it is clear that jarvis was becoming the favoured lynch over myself at this point and thus the vote swap comes across as somewhat opportunistic.

I can't speak much for Nero Cain. He didn't seem to sit well with #22 where Jarvis asked if his vote was okay. If you want his opinion on the rest of Jarvis' play you'll have to ask him.

Can you tell it's my first time as a hydra?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Oh and Fonz is so town that he gets his own post.
In post 405, The Fonz wrote:And WHY. THE. FUCK. would you tell the scum what you plan to do if you are a cop? Now if you live until tomorrow and continue to suspect me, you've made it 100% clear you're not a cop.

This is a genuine worried reaction.
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 481, ThAdmiral wrote:Ok. Did you believe at the time that I was lying? Do you still believe I am lying?
Do you think any of the examples brought up by moi or fonz were applicable? Do you still consider this an issue?

Well not in the sense that you were deliberately misleading. You came off as if
you believed
you had used the tell before. In other words, even though in my opinion I haven't seen anything to confirm that you have used the tell, I don't think I can call it lying. Kingmaker II is probably the closest example, where you show suspicion that PJ might be appearing helpful as a ruse, but you show immediate doubt. I don't think it's applicable at all. Afterall, the nature of a scumtell is defeated if one thinks the play is also likely to come from town.

I'd be more interested in whether you still believe you have used it as a reliable scumtell before, having seen the evidence of your self meta.

In post 481, ThAdmiral wrote:Well I had my own issues with xisq, but it seemed for the most part that you were fine with him until he asked you for reads (as you were by and large agreeing with his and moi's stance on me). Why the change of heart in regards to your manner with him?
What particularly struck me is that you asked yates for his reads, and have asked many others since, but when you were asked for your reads you went on the defensive. Was there any reason for that?

Defensive? What about it felt defensive?

I called it pretentious because it felt pretentious. Instead of simply asking who my scumreads were, the way it was worded sounded to me like "Hey, spare us all a moment and practice what you preach." I thought there were less demeaning ways of asking that question.

In post 481, ThAdmiral wrote:It seems to have been happening a lot. You didn't come to any conclusions after asking people on the wagon questions, you didn't come to any conclusions when you asked zang to list jarvis' 5 flip-flops on the furc wagon in 81, you didn't come to any conclusions after asking yates to give his reads in 165, you didn't come to any conclusions after asking yates a series of questions from 205-209, you didn't follow up on any of the questions that I answered for you in 256.
You have a history in this game of asking a lot of questions, but coming to hardly any conclusions. Almost as if you don't care what the answers are.
This is the most damning aspect of my case against you, and if you are to convince me you are not scum, you will have to explain this behaviour.

Is it just the question:conclusion ratio that feels off to you? I have a history of asking lots of questions in many, many of my games. It's part of my process.

Sometimes an answer won't be particularly revealing just by it's essence. For instance, learning that Yates found a handful of players suspicious simply from gut isn't too helpful in the short term. Any conclusions I drew from those series of questions would be fairly incomplete. However, over a large enough timeline I can to see a bigger picture if that makes any sense.

Are there any particular instance(s) where you feel I am 100% able to draw a conclusion, but have not done so? Maybe that could help me understand why this aspect is so damning for your case on me.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Truthbetold I've been having a hard time reading this game and getting solid reads D2. It feels like a bunch of wall text running around in circles. Overwhelming is the word, which is strange because I'm only in one other game. I'm tired tonight from a long shift at the ambulance but I'm going to dedicate a considerable time block for this thread tomorrow.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I'm not getting strong scumreads off of anyone. The best I have going is some bad gut against Orange and Furc. Orange for his interest in the playerlist but alleged avoidance of the OP. Furc for his continual one liners and lack of content. Both slots were on the terribad Xis wagon. ThAd has been throwing out some pretty genuine opinions so I'm afraid I stand more null on him than I was before.

VOTE: AgentOrange

I won't lynch Zang, MoI, or Fonz today. Haven't looked closely at Pere, Ree, Xis, Yates.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (isolation #38) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 580, Dont Vote Me wrote:I won't lynch Zang, MoI, or Fonz today.

Because they are very active today and don't feel like scum, before anyone asks why.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

My Chainsaw sense is tingling. What's your read on Agent Orange?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #608 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 606, Furcolow wrote:Why are you soft defending Yates?

I'm not, your chainsaw behavior extends beyond your vote on Yates. What's your read on Agent Orange? You had a townread on Amrun and I'm wondering if your read on that slot has changed.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #634 (isolation #41) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Don't think I'm ready to lynch the claimed JK. The Furc wagon looks enticing.

VOTE: Furc

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #668 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 664, Xisiqomelir wrote:
@Town
: 17 hours to go. Would appreciate an answer to my #654 from people who were on AO today. Will hop furcolow in 5 hours or so if sentiment is generally negative for my preferred lynch.

My gut says it's too early to lynch the claimed JK, even if he only has 1 shot left.

Don't make me start harassing you guys about the deadline.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Would like to see Xis' reaction. I have a theory.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

That works as well

VOTE: ThAd

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #698 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

He's actually L-2.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #707 (isolation #46) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:59 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I really doubt we need gambits to close this victory anyway. Just protect MoI.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #713 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

As PeregrineV asked, can we get a list of your reads ThAd?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 714, AgentOrange wrote:Anyone have anything to say before I hammer this dude?

I'm all set now, thanks.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I'm not too worried about Xis disappearing overnight. But in theory, yes.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #723 (isolation #50) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Please stop with the hissy fit. You had it right the first time.

In post 711, ThAdmiral wrote:Unless you PROMISE to lynch him when I flip [town] I'm not going to go down without him providing this "information" he has on me.

If MoI is lying about his information on you, he dies. No questions asked.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (isolation #51) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I still think we should lynch ThAd. The
only
thing MoI should claim is that he could not have received his information from targetting a VT. I will not advocate for MoI claiming unless he is the last to go in a break-open-the-game massclaim. We still have a 3rd scum to catch.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #736 (isolation #52) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

I don't want to prepare the last scum to know what to fakeclaim against MoI's investigations. Not sure it's a big deal, but we don't really gain anything from MoI fullclaiming, so I'd prefer he didn't.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (isolation #53) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

No, anyone who listens to this piece of scum gets lynched next.

In post 723, Dont Vote Me wrote:Please stop with the hissy fit. You had it right the first time.

In post 711, ThAdmiral wrote:Unless you PROMISE to lynch him when I flip [town] I'm not going to go down without him providing this "information" he has on me.

If MoI is lying about his information on you, he dies. No questions asked.

-KJ

This option should be good enough for ANY town. 1 for 1 is pretty damn par for the course, should it come to that. I do not think there's a possibility they're both town. MoI should be able to comprehend the implications of mistaking inconclusive evidence for 100% scum, because he isn't some fucking 4 year old. And that's good enough for me.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #740 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Oh and if anybody doesn't see the elephant in the room, there's incredible dissonance between ThAd suggesting that strategy to begin with, and now demanding more information for his final scumbuddy to use. But the dissonance seems to be icing on the cake at this point.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #761 (isolation #55) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:51 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

In post 742, Xisiqomelir wrote:
@DLM, ThAdmiral
: You both posted after I claimed but didn't mention the subject (unlike Yates/Ree). What do you think about AO, his claim, my claim, and his likely alignment?

AO seems to be a confirmed Jailkeeper, but it's also possible as it's been stated that you could have been the target of the last night's kill. Or scum could have no-killed. So I don't really think his claim has a large bearing on yours. However, with two known scum pushing your lynch D1 I find you town independent of AO's claim. And so I believe your claim as well.

I was trying to avoid MoI claiming but whatever. There's no reason to avoid a massclaim now. I am Katie Sutherland, a VT and Neil's hot older sister.

My flavor goes along the lines of, "Yates, stop looking at my breasts."

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #763 (isolation #56) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Might as well. The objective of any popcorn would be to make MoI go last but we're kind of beyond that.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #783 (isolation #57) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

We should still get MoI's result from last night before we lynch him.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #786 (isolation #58) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Is that a serious question?

He's claimed cop. Real cops get real results. Fake cops need to fake results. Both are useful later in the game once we have MoI's flip.

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #788 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Yes. What's wrong with it?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #793 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Until anybody suggests MoI not be the lynch today, anybody at all, I would not advise Yates to claim today unless he can confirm someone's alignment. And speaking of confirming alignment, I trust AO will let us know if anyone's been cleared as a result of last night's bloodbath. Don't tell me whether you've used your shot or not, just a simple Y/N as to anyone we can consider town?

-KJ
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #819 (isolation #61) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

Well ok then

VOTE: MoI
Dont Vote Me
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Dont Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #825 (isolation #62) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Post by Dont Vote Me »

It's Jailkeeper mechanics, I thought you'd be familiar with them. If there's a nightkill on a night that you jail Player
N
, then we know
N
did not submit the nightkill and it's likely that
N
is not scum.

Anyway, if you don't think it's important to wait for MoI why are you not voting him?

-KJ

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”