Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Hi everyone.

Just got my role PM now. I read the first 5 or so pages because I expected to play eventually, but got slack and haven't read the last 6. I'll read the rest tomorrow and make a substantial post.

Also, saw this movie like a year ago when Pie made me watch it, so I'm somewhat familiar with it but I don't remember a lot of details.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Fugitive »

VOTE: Incognito

Fencesitting and opportunistic scum if I've ever seen it.

Incognito wrote:{TripMyWire, Medicated Lain, Fugitive} with the latter of the three being mainly due to complete non-contribution.

You realize I just replaced MPR (around 11pm on a weeknight, I might add) and you guys lynched within 18 hours of that so I literally did not have enough time to get home from work the following day and post, right?
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Incog wrote:Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town. He's being pretty silly right now but town.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM, but I want to see her finish that analysis.

camn looks the shadiest to me of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

All of those are fencesit reads, but especially the middle one. And that's just one post.

And just to clarify, it wasn't a kneejerk or an OMGUS vote. I voted scum who just happened to vote me first. If I was scum trying to OMGUS him I'd have done it much more stealthily; none of you would have picked up on it.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 am

Post by Fugitive »

Incog wrote:Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town.
He's being pretty silly right now
but town.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM,
but I want to see her finish that analysis.

camn
looks the shadiest to me
of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

I've bolded the contradictory parts of your reads for you since you're not being intellectually honest (which is typically a scum trait). They're all lines that you could fall back on to change those reads if necessary. "Yeah, I called Pine town but he's so silly maybe I was wrong." "Yeah, Haylen might be town but her analysis might be bad and therefore scum." "camn looks the shadiest of those people, sure, but that doesn't make her shadier than the people off the wagon."

Understand now? Good.

I'll look around for more after work, if I can't find any I'll concede your point to a single fluke post.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Fugitive »

UNVOTE: Incognito

VOTE: bvoigt

bvoigt wrote:I think you're right about this. So Green Crayons, Medicated Lain, Incognito, and Yosarian2 are likely town due to interactions with BM. I also get town vibes from camn and Haylen (mostly because of post #10). That leaves Fugitive, Pine, and TripMyWire.

Now this is DEFINITELY a scum post. Riding off another player to elimination some scum from an imaginary scum team, then just randomly clearing a couple other people to PoE a scum-team out of fucking no where. This reads to me a lot like he knows Incog is town and is trying to join with him to grab a couple mislynches.

I still need to read back to see if there's more Incog fencesitting and now I want to really focus on bvoigt, but at this very moment I'm a lot more certain on bvoigt than Incog.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Fugitive »

You made a scum team by some magical process in which you eliminated players for no reason rather than a process where you added players for being scummy.

I guess "imaginary" scum team isn't the right word, and I'm having trouble articulating it, but it's kind of like a fake scum team because you made it through means besides putting people on a team for scummy actions.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Well you didn't give a reason for eliminating the first four except "I agree with Incog" and then you just said you thought Haylen and camn were town without elaborating. So from my point of view you gave literally zero reasoning behind anything you did in that post.

And I haven't read your ISO yet, but I still intend to. We'll see if anything turns up.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Fugitive »

So bussing doesn't exist?
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Fugitive »

I wasn't intending to do a player by player, but I can. I just assumed it would come out more summary than anything and be redundant for everyone else. I've read the first 6 pages and everything in day 2.

And what's flailing? I get accused of it literally every game I play, town and scum. I'm inclined to believe it's just my playstyle.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Fugitive »

Incog wrote:what I mean is you look like you haven't really read the game

Well that's because I haven't read most of the game. I told you that a few posts above. I'm getting my reads right now.

Yosarian2 wrote:
Medicated Lain wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
Incog wrote:Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town.
He's being pretty silly right now
but town.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM,
but I want to see her finish that analysis.

camn
looks the shadiest to me
of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

I've bolded the contradictory parts of your reads for you since you're not being intellectually honest (which is typically a scum trait). They're all lines that you could fall back on to change those reads if necessary. "Yeah, I called Pine town but he's so silly maybe I was wrong." "Yeah, Haylen might be town but her analysis might be bad and therefore scum." "camn looks the shadiest of those people, sure, but that doesn't make her shadier than the people off the wagon."

Understand now? Good.

I'll look around for more after work, if I can't find any I'll concede your point to a single fluke post.

ML, Fugitive, none of that is at all contradictory or lacking in "intellectual honesty".

That wasn't the post I was claiming was intellectually dishonest. I was calling the fact that he denied fencesitting intellectually dishonest.

And you guys are making far too big a deal of this (@everyone). I'm not like full out attacking Incog. It was just something I noticed. That 3/4-5 of the reads he gave in the post were qualified with something he could maybe use to turn those reads around later. Hell, maybe fencesitting is town because being unsure of reads is sometimes a town quality given that scum KNOW alignments. Of course, I still don't like it, and I stand by the fact that it's fencesitting, but I'm honestly surprised how much of a stir this caused and it seems to be distracting from other issues.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Fugitive »

Incognito wrote:For instance, I know that right now Haylen's online and that she's online pretty often too. That's one of the things I find most frustrating about her; it's like she's always claiming to be knee-deep in work or something else but yet she's constantly online and posting everywhere else but her actual games.

People like you are why I hide my online status.

-----

Pine is town. Yay!

camn is playing differently from her town meta in the one game we've played together.

I'm excited for when Trip gets back so I can see him in action. At this moment his wagon is meaningless to me.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Fugitive »

/replace out

Really sorry, iPie. I just cannot bring myself to care enough about this game to even read 6 pages plus recent mini-walls, so I'll out while it's still relatively early and you have replacements lined up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”