Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:36 am

Post by Pariah »

I'm here and comprehend.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:49 pm

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:
FOS: alexander
, only because he was in my last game and he was quite good at minipulating people. thats all i really have to say considering no one else has said a word in the whole game.
FoS: Broomhead
for FoSing someone based on the possibility they could be manipulating people...before they even post. :roll:

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:13 pm

Post by Pariah »

Talitha wrote:I usually just look for a likely looking victim person to put a second vote on.

vote: broomhead
Any particular reason or just "Someone should have a second vote?"

Also...chaotic_diablo, are you trying to commit suicide or something?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 am

Post by Pariah »

chaotic_diablo wrote:Two can play at that game.
unvote vote Fritzler
So, first you vote for yourself, then you decide to "OMGUS" vote Fritzler.
FoS: CD

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:42 pm

Post by Pariah »

Tamuz wrote:Pariah, if I may ask: why only a FOS, you don't currently have a vote on anyone, why not just vote Chaotic instead of just FOS'ing him. he s in no danger of anything. I would like you to explain, if you would be so kind, why you didn't just vote CD there.
Sure. I found his actions strange, but not enough to want to actually lynch him. Thus why it was a FoS instead of a vote.
Tamuz wrote:Thanks for letting Pariah hide behind your words.
Yes, what an amazingly well constructed defense I could have never concocted myself. :roll:
Talitha wrote:Just "someone should have a second vote."

I don't really see the point in attempting to start off a bandwagon with a meaningless second vote based on nothing. It'll happen soon enough on it's own. "Impatience" isn't needed, and I find that to be somewhat scummy, but less so because the game just started and things like that do happen easily.
MeMe wrote:I voted Pariah based on a quick re-read. In his three posts (excluding the pre-game one) it looks like he's encouraging suspicion broadly without committing to a favorite...as though he'll be ready to join any bandwagon without being the leader (not the first vote) or a follower (already expressed suspicion).

Enough for a vote.
I could do the annoying "well, oh that's just my play style excuse" and point to many irrelevant examples of other games like Tamuz did (you can simply act like you did as town in one game and then repeat the same action as scum to "prove" yourself, so it is rather irrelevant, IMO) , but I'll simply say instead that I am simply tapping around softly, if you will, being careful and deliberate in my actions. It's early in the day, and we don't have to rush to kill anyone.

Open mindedness is scummy? Waiting for people to reply to you before you vote them is scummy? Again, we do not have to rush into anything, and I'd like to make a well reasoned vote before casting it.

Also, I
greatly
doubt no one is going to notice me FoSing or calling someone scummy, even if I'm not the first to vote someone who is lynched. I'll still be pointed out as the "firestarter" or person who started suspicion on that person.

Also, I see...no reason to think Broom is less scummy for forgetting someone died. Absent mindedness affects everyone, scum and townie alike.

As for my posting being rather infrequent, it'll pick up more after the holiday. I am on dial up, a bad computer, and on vacation with my mother. I'm kind of pressed of time, but I'll try to post more. Sigh, the way some of these vacations drag on you'd think the end would never come...
Foolster wrote:That sounds good to me. vote: Parrah
Wow, a
single
poster after MeMe's you cast your vote. You don't even let me respond at all, then you bandwagon vote.
Strong FoS:
Foolster, which may become a vote depending on your reply to this.

@Chaotic: Why, yes. I am very serious.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:47 pm

Post by Pariah »

Foolster41 wrote:I simply thought MeMe had a good point. Just because a "firestarter" can get caught doing it, doesn't mean they will if they are sneaky enough, or try if they think they are.
I would hardly call what I was doing "sneaky." I'm rather blunt and straightforward.
Foolster41 wrote:Second vote means very little IMO. I would have just FOSed with a warning to vote if you already had two.
It's not even really the whole second vote thing that I found that scummy. More like the instant tagging along with MeMe that had nothing more than "I agree here is my vote."

More after I finish up homework. The joys of procrastination of high school education. I always treat assignments as if tomorrow never will come, and I'll never have to turn them in.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Post by Pariah »

Foolster41 wrote:Well. I don't know you. My phase was a little badly worded, but what I mean is: If you're good, you just might get away with it. and if not, you might think you and try it anyway.
That makes more sense. Still, people do go back and read the thread. And they will see a stance someone had, even if they didn't vote for someone. How am I going to get away from making a statement that someone is scummy or did scummy behavior? It'll always be there to be examined. My stance on a certain subject isn't going to vanish, and can be used against me at all times.
Foolster wrote:I'm begining to see the cry for "ADD SOMETHING OR DIE" to votes as something of a fallacy.
Not eveyrone's going to be able to expound on a idea that someone else has come up with. If it's already said, what more can be said?
Let's look at what you said one post after MeMe's, before anyone else had commented on it.
Foolster wrote:That sounds good to me. vote: Parrah
Now, at this point, no one else had examined MeMe's statement. In fact, let's look at MeMe's post again too.
MeMe wrote:I voted Pariah based on a quick re-read. In his three posts (excluding the pre-game one) it looks like he's encouraging suspicion broadly without committing to a favorite...as though he'll be ready to join any bandwagon without being the leader (not the first vote) or a follower (already expressed suspicion).

Enough for a vote.
There's nothing you have to contribute that, or go over? I didn't see anything so damning in that post it was irrefutable and there was nothing to say or discuss. I brought up my own opinion/counterpoint against it. You obviously are not me, and I don't expect you to put up a "counterpoint" or defend me against it, but there's nothing more to say about the subject than "Sounds good to me?"

Why not go over what I said and who accused, and see if it was actually correct? Why not try to point out something I was wrong about it? List examples of times someone tried to do a behavior like my own and was scum? Even add minor points to what MeMe's already said?

There was more to be said or go over. Exhaustive research isn't required, but you can add more than "sounds good to me, vote" to a post. You also were even the first person to post after MeMe, which gave you even more room to go over things.

Voting and saying "I agree" is scummy also in the fact it allows you to simply not express your own opinon or attack
toward
someone else's behavior. It's a lot harder to anaylze someone's posts when they don't express their own opinions and use others.
Foolster wrote:With that, I think Pariah hasn't really convinced me much and I'll
revote: Pariah
Foolster wrote:I simply thought MeMe had a good point. Just because a "firestarter" can get caught doing it, doesn't mean they will if they are sneaky enough, or try if they think they are.

Second vote means very little IMO. I would have just FOSed with a warning to vote if you already had two.

I don't really see a big difference between the meaning of what meme quoted and what you quoted. You had a small suspicon, and voted on it. Just as I'm doing for you.
MeMe (Quoting Tamaz): "not incredibly scummy"
Tamuz: And so I think you're the most suspicious guy on the block. Not incredibly scummy, but sufficiently for me to vote.

<i>You're not incredibly scummy in my eyes, but the only one the remotest bit scummy so far. though your point about rushing is well taken. I suppose I can wait. unvote</i>
That was a quick change of opinion. First I go from "not incredibly scummy" to be "unable to convince you" of being town aligned. Nothing has changed except that I said voting with an "I agree" post is scummy, which you disagreed with, and I posted a counterargument I believe refutes that.
Fritzler wrote:Pariah = total baller.
But still.
unvote, vote: Pariah
I lol'd. Still, I personally don't like votes with no public backing, and sort of like in the Foolster "case," find it scummy not explain why you did things. Can you explain further your reasoning here?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by Pariah »

Foolster41 wrote:Pariah:You're still not increabily scummy to me, but you in my opinion our best lead. What I mean is, you havn't convinced me your not pro-town though I'm not quite sure your scum either.
Fair enough, I suppose. Any particular points you'd like to go over again though, or questions?

I see Talitha is back. Yay.

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm not really "sold" on anyone so far, but I definately don't like this comment, as others have said by Alex: "I figured that if the most experienced player in the game fingered those 3, at least one will turn up scum." Human beings make errors, and it's perfectly natural to accuse someone to get a reaction or simply be wrong about someone. "Striking gold" doesn't always happen, and you don't even know for sure if everyone on that list is really a citizen/unscummy. It's just your
opinion
that they are unscummy.

As for Adele/MeMe, I simply would like to see more discussion as of now.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Post by Pariah »

Oh, and Foolster: I'm a guy. Image

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:01 pm

Post by Pariah »

I wouldn't say they were all "very good", but they were not
bad.
broomhead wrote:when I vote, my vote will stay. if it seems that I don't vote much, you're right. You'll just have to wait till i find someone scummy enough or a deadline is implemented.
Am I interpreting this wrong or are you saying you aren't going to unvote someone once you vote no matter what? Regardless of defense or further evidence?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:14 am

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:
Pariah wrote:Am I interpreting this wrong or are you saying you aren't going to unvote someone once you vote no matter what? Regardless of defense or further evidence?
No, that means that when I vote, I'll be sure of it at the time. It does not mean that once vote I will not listen to anything else. But it does also mean that i'm pretty sure of this person(again, unless a deadline is imposed, then I just vote to have my vote counted)
Ah, well, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you for clarifying.

As for the idea of a role name claim, I have personally not seen the movie (it's on my list of things to do) so I'm not going to pass judgment on whether it is a good idea or not until I know what I'm talking about.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:04 am

Post by Pariah »

I am usually not a fan of no lynch, but it seems apparently the game can be broken by a mass claim in this situation. The possible negatives are far out weighed by the possible positives. So, let's go for it.
Vote: No Lynch

Also, Alex, please don't get replaced. It messes up the game by having a new poster who has to go over everything again.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:46 am

Post by Pariah »

Considering the mod himself said it would swing the balance too far for us to claim, I'm thinking it's a good idea, and that we should definately name claim.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:46 am

Post by Pariah »

Pariah wrote:Considering the mod himself said it would swing the balance too far for us to claim, I'm thinking it's a good idea, and that we should definately name claim.
Claim on Day One*

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:32 pm

Post by Pariah »

I am not Fat Sam, and MeMe's proposal is a good idea.

On the topic of Fat Sam, apparently at the lack of screaming of scumminess at the role claim, he's not a bad person. (I still have been unable to obtain a copy of the DVD, so I'm about to resort to Wikipedia and friends.)

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:13 pm

Post by Pariah »

I have a name. (I also apologize for my decreased activity; midterms start next week and I'm struggling with them.)

And, like others have said, the most suspect claim so far is Foolsters. If we have anyone else claim a "no name" role, it will make the claim look better, so we'll see. Until that (if) happens, it seems...kind of out of place.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by Pariah »

Nope, I'm not Bugsy Malone.

Also, I do agree that Foolster seems like a good lynch with his shaky roleclaim, but the mod has pretty much said that it would swing the balance out way too far. Why stop when we can have all the scum? It's not like we can't both name claim and lynch Foolster later.

(And, no Foolster, I'm not going to grant your wish of being executed right away because there is more to discuss.)

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:39 am

Post by Pariah »

At this point, as much as I don't like it, I kind of doubt we'll get the majority to name claim again. I do find the MeMe situation weird, but I need to read more into that to form a definitive opinion upon it, right now I'm slightly suspicious of MeMe, but I want to make a good informed decision. So, I'll
probably
end up voting for Foolster, but no guarantees. Chalk me up currently as undecided.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:52 am

Post by Pariah »

Oh, we actually have a chance of getting a name claim out of MeMe? Then I definitely will support it. I think we should finish up with the claims. So, now we have "half" but not quite majority.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by Pariah »

I would be
Fizzy.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by Pariah »

I think my only choice is Fritzler, so I'll pick him.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:25 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fizzy is apparently a janitor with a thing for tap dancing.

And, sure. Let's get onto the that lynching Foolster thing. Vote Count?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler, unless you're forced to this or something, can you please stop?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:52 am

Post by Pariah »

...isn't a three sized mason group rather large for a twelve player a game? :?

I really see Foolster as a good lynch today due to the oddness around his claim, and will probably end up voting for him, but I want to discuss things before risking actually ending the day.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:40 pm

Post by Pariah »

Can we please all just call down? :roll:

I would
much
rather see Foolster lynched today than Maz.
Vote: Foolster

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #25) » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:58 pm

Post by Pariah »

Tamuz wrote:Sure
Thank you.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 pm

Post by Pariah »

I was under the impression Foolster claimed to be a limited mason with BM, and BM claimed to be a limited mason with someone else, or did I misread that...?
Unvote: Foolster
for now anyway, don't want to make a mistake.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:48 am

Post by Pariah »

I don't see any reason to procrastinate lynching Foolster. The name, the claim Bugsy was a vig...I'm comfortable with the knowledge that I'm lynching him, if the unofficial vote count is correct.
Vote: Foolster

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Post by Pariah »

Hello, Mr. GO?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:21 am

Post by Pariah »

I don't buy it.
At all.
Vote: Maz

Yeah, I really doubt that the scum are going to decide to hit Stark when we still have a claimed doctor around unless you're a total liar and in the scum group.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:01 am

Post by Pariah »

Maz Medias wrote:
broomhead wrote:back to the subject of lynching maz, as much as i wanted him dead yesterday, i think he
may
be telling the truth, and not because of his 75% chance to save somebody thing, because if maz isn't the doc, where the hell was s/he?
Bump for truthery.
Wow, that was a pretty blatant doctor bait.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:13 am

Post by Pariah »

Maz Medias wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Maz Medias wrote:
broomhead wrote:back to the subject of lynching maz, as much as i wanted him dead yesterday, i think he
may
be telling the truth, and not because of his 75% chance to save somebody thing, because if maz isn't the doc, where the hell was s/he?
Bump for truthery.
Wow, that was a pretty blatant doctor bait.
Him saying it, or my bumping it?
Both, but mostly broomhead.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:48 pm

Post by Pariah »

Maz Medias wrote:Well, then. I didn't want to have to pull this one out - thought you were reasonable enough not to hang the doctor. But, oh well...

I have one more ability, one that could be a drawback or could be a boon to the town. Whoever casts the final vote to lynch me OR nightkills me gets the crap beaten out of them. I still die, though. I guess it's to help put focus on that fact that I'm a hardcore box0r.
So, not only did you withheld this information when you claimed, it's an ability to discourage lynching you, very conviently "revealed" when you're only one away to lynch.

And, honestly, I don't see a way for the town to find out if there's a doctor (assuming Maz is lying, which I am) or not for sure without asking for the real doctor to out himself. At this point, I think Maz is scummy enough to warrant a lynch without unnecessarily outing the doctor.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by Pariah »

Maz Medias wrote:I teethed on the MiseTings Mafia boards. Group-named single vanilla roles are pretty common over there, and I carried that over here with me.
And that has what to do with MafiaScum set ups? Where I originally started playing, in some games I played in had clues in the death posts that were supposed to point to mafia. (Not that I'm a real big fan of that set up mechanic...) I don't expect the meta to change on other boards because of my own personal experience.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:12 pm

Post by Pariah »

Maz's ability to withheld information isn't scummy. If we didn't lynch him, scum would be inclined to do so during the night, resulting in another scum death. Giving us at least a fair warning before being lynched is the least he could do or we would experience a very surprising event. Just to tell you, I've had a role like this before.
The "withhold information=scum" wasn't my point. My point was that he withheld this information
and
when he was one away from lynch, suddenly he reveals to us, in addition to being a doctor with a chance of failing, he
very conviently
now has an ability that discourages lynching him.
It sounds alot like a desperate scum defense, but it's something we can't ignore just because we don't believe it. I suggest someone give us a different approach at this.
...I don't quite get your meaning here.
The claim does look a bit like a doc bait. If there is a different doc out there, don't bother outing unless you feel it's necessary.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #35) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:15 pm

Post by Pariah »

...that was odd. My post randomly got cut off at the end.
The claim does look a bit like a doc bait. If there is a different doc out there, don't bother outing unless you feel it's necessary.
Good advice, honestly, I think a doctor claim to lynch Maz would be unnecessary. (IMO.)

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #36) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:17 pm

Post by Pariah »

Pariah wrote:...that was odd. My post randomly got cut off at the end.
Good advice, honestly, I think a doctor claim to lynch Maz would be unnecessary. (IMO.)
Again, that's assuming Maz=Scum, and that he's lying through his teeth. I need to stop posting so late. It has a tendency to make me not sound eloquent.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:45 pm

Post by Pariah »

Well, that makes sense. (Unfortunately.)

And with the cop dead, I have a new approach, because at this point, I think my continued aggression against Maz makes it obvious: I am the doctor. I protected him last night thinking he was going to die.

Is that blunt enough?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #38) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:42 am

Post by Pariah »

Maz Medias wrote:You guys are so gullible.
Sounds like a good sign to me. >_>

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #39) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:55 am

Post by Pariah »

In retrospect, accusing a claimed mason of doctor baiting was probably a bad idea, but then again, it was late, and then again, I have a bad memory.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #40) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Pariah »

Yep...I knew I was going to be likely to die, Adele. I'm going to need to be going soon anyway, and that would probably require a replacement, so it really works out for the best.

I'm still slightly wary of the the three man mason group, considering that is...1/4 of the town. I'm really afraid of getting burned by a mason traitor.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #41) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:41 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:Well the mod ocnfirmed our innocence.
Yeah, but I've (and I assume most of us) have seen set ups where the mod confirms people and they're not really innocent either being a bastard or as a balancing factor. 1/4th of the town being confirmed is pretty insane, and while if the scum is really strong, or the other town roles are weak, it's possible. But still, while I don't want to necessarily lynch you, I'm wary of it and being cautious. (As long as I'm here, anyway.)

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:44 pm

Post by Pariah »

Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Well the mod ocnfirmed our innocence.
Yeah, but I've (and I assume most of us) have seen set ups where the mod confirms people and they're not really innocent either being a bastard or as a balancing factor. 1/4th of the town being confirmed is pretty insane, and while if the scum is really strong, or the other town roles are weak, it's possible.
But still, while I don't want to necessarily lynch you, I'm wary of it and being cautious.
(As long as I'm here, anyway.)
Eeeww. That's phrased horribly. That should read "I don't mean I want to lynch you or your mason partners, I'm just being cautious and trying to avoid making assumptions that could cost the game."

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:59 pm

Post by Pariah »

What do you expect? "Oh, good job, you've figured out my nasty trick. So and so isn't really innocent!" If he
really
made a "Mason Traitor" role, of course he's going to lie to you and say that they're innocent. Otherwise, it'd kill the point of the role.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:07 pm

Post by Pariah »

Also, if I remember correctly, MeMe said that in a conversation with the mod, that the set up was balanced in ways that "weren't obvious" or "better balanced than it appears." I'll try to find the trace quote again.

Basically,
something
weird has to be up for the game to be balanced and for 1/4th of the town to be confirmed.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #45) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:What do you expect? "Oh, good job, you've figured out my nasty trick. So and so isn't really innocent!" If he
really
made a "Mason Traitor" role, of course he's going to lie to you and say that they're innocent. Otherwise, it'd kill the point of the role.
no, he'd say something like you don't know they're status. He wouldn't say "They are pro town"
I'd disagree. I would say that sounds like one of the things that vary to mod to mod,
especially
if a hypothetical mason traitor (and remember, this is
all
speculative) exists to balance out the game.

Actually, forget the MeMe thing: We can't really prove that MeMe had the conversation with the mod.

Why is it still Day?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #46) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:03 pm

Post by Pariah »

All right (I suppose I've spent too much time with evil mods/being one), but don't say I didn't warn you if it turns out we end up dying to a mason traitor. :P

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #47) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Post by Pariah »

My role flavor justification was that I had to make two references to lines in the movie, or else the town could not win. One of them was to tap dancing, and the other to lines about "Tomorrow Never Comes." After I completed this objective, I was told I found a mysterious box that was a first aid kit.

As for who I protected, I decided if I wasn't going to be hit, a mason probably would be, so I picked Adele.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by Pariah »

I had this thought yesterday: Considering the weird flavor justification I had for my role, there could possibly be a cult, and that could explain the mason group.

...or I could be really paranoid.

Either or.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #49) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:24 pm

Post by Pariah »

Sorry, honestly, I thought I was going to die and am not really well versed in what's going on at the moment. Why the MeMe votes?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #50) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:Sorry, I hadn't seen this
Pariah wrote:I had this thought yesterday: Considering the weird flavor justification I had for my role, there could possibly be a cult, and that could explain the mason group.
Three reasons why we're masons, not cult members:
1) There's no movie justification for a cult
2) no time to recruit up to three members when we came out on day 2
3) since no "cult recruits" have died, we'd have four members and be a majority by now
Pariah wrote:...or I could be really paranoid.
I don't entirely trust you, just so you know. Maybe "paranoia" is a good cover for saying scummy stuff. But then, maybe
I'm
being paranoid... and so it regresses...
That's normal; you shouldn't usually entirely trust anyone. ;)

Pretty much, I'm presenting possible theories and thoughts to make sure the town doesn't get burned.

You have to admit; that is an unusually large mason group for the size of this game, especially when we have a claimed (well, I know it's true) doctor, a dead cop, and a claimed back up cop.

I'm pretty satisified now, though. Your points make sense.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:49 am

Post by Pariah »

Well, this is the way I see it.

No offense to the mod,
but maybe the set up isn't balanced.
It's rather unusual for the mod to say "names that are good = good roles" and "no name claim day 1."

But, then again, the mason traitor theory is also interesting.

So, for right now, I'm not content to vote for anyone, and would prefer to hear more discussion.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #52) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:42 am

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:
Pariah wrote: It's rather unusual for the mod to say "names that are good = good roles" and "no name claim day 1.
when did the mod say that? i mean, i have thug in my name and i was assured i was good. when did he say this?
Character
names.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #53) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:58 pm

Post by Pariah »

chaotic_diablo wrote:[qoute]Pariah-doc- i am hoping, if anyone sees any reasoning to not trust he is the doc i would love to hear it, i mean i see no reason to doubt him so i won't.
Pariah isn't cleared. If you imagine him as scum from the beginning instead of finding what scummy things he did, you can quite clearly see that his actions could just as well be a set up.
I'm not quite sure of Pariah's innocence partly because of his actions with maz and what maz said yesterday. I don't get why Maz said the town was gullible and I don't understand why Pariah outed himself as doc if he said himself it wasn't necesary.
What's even more interesting to me is why scum would target someone else rather than the doc. It's clear that scum was smart enough to kill the cop when he first claimed, yet why not the doc? In addition, why didn't pariah protect the cop? There's alot of strange things in my opinion going on with this doc role that seem to be unexplained.
First, I'm dealing with time issues. It's all rather stupid and involved, but eventually, I'm going to be not online anymore eventually (at at time I don't currently have set in stone). So, in lieu of getting a replacement, death works too. (If it's a good play, in any case.)

Second, I thought about it for awhile, and I realized that the cop was dead (this is before C_D claimed being a back up), and we have...three claimed masons.

Why didn't I protect the cop? Partially, I didn't think he would be hit. I remember reading something Internet Stranger posted a long time ago in a newb game about "taking the risk of protecting someone else than the claimed cop." There was a roleclaimed doctor. Why would the mafia hit the cop? I thought it was highly unlikely, and a poor choice.

That, and I thought with his claim, Maz was certain to be thwacked. I was internally conflicted over his claim of doctor, because it seemed excessive at the time, but I ended up picking to protect him since I thought he was number one to be hit. But when Stark died, and then Maz claimed to have this weird role involving failure of protection, I was sold to wanting him dead.

Also, please elaborate on this, will you?
Pariah isn't cleared.
If you imagine him as scum from the beginning instead of finding what scummy things he did, you can quite clearly see that his actions could just as well be a set up.
Tamuz wrote:And I can see Pariah being scum. He has done the no kill during the night gambit as mafia before with success, I can see him trying again.
There's a world of difference between that game and this one. That occured in...the summer of last year, and I would think my play style might have changed slightly.

Not to mention the
mod from the game
is playing, and I expect MeMe would probably recall that "stunt" if I tried to pull something similar.

(Although, I do find it kind of fitting in both games I extensively paid attention to, I ended up claiming or being a doctor.)

As to why I wasn't hit, there are, currently, three masons who are "confirmed" with seven people remaining. I would say killing them are a higher priority than killing me, and I suspect Adele, the person I protected, was hit.

Further questions?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:59 pm

Post by Pariah »

Side Note: I shouldn't need to be replaced as of now, but I may be later.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:20 pm

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:well pariah's little end speach there was very nice, and i would have bought it too, if not for one little thing, *evil music* option B. DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN! i mean who can resit, adele's suggestion, its so great, i'll quote it.
I guess we could lynch someone else (say, Pariah) and challenge MeMe to vig Chaotic_Diablo. I'm up for that.
What would people think of that plan?
i like that idea.

MeMe
broomhead -- I'm open to suggestions.
any suggestions for what? breaking the two of you up?

Wow.

I really don't like this post. And I don't like your doctor bait from eariler.

So, boiled down, what you're saying is...all the things I said were nice and dandy, but instead of actually presenting a reason why any of the things I said were...actually WRONG, you instead say "this plan is so great" without justifying it at all, and quoting it, then saying "I like this idea."

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:20 pm

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:and how do you propose that?
I'm pretty sure he's implying a lynch.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:OK calm down, i got a little over excited with all the killing. after MeMe's post i didn't realize how bad it made it seem. and tam, are you suggesting we kill a (in my mind) proven town to prove to the rest of the vanilla town(which there isn't that much of) that the remaining masons are clear? i'm not thinkin' thats such a good idea
I've been mulling the situation over.

Last night, I protected Adele. Adele didn't die. So, unless something weird happened, and there was a no hit, or some other unknown role effect, Adele was hit last night. This would imply Adele either has a death wish or is not a part of the mafia.

I would say that about clears Adele.

However, you and Fritzler are claimed masons. In a set up that appears to be nothing short of totally insane for the town. A mason traitor, or some kind of hidden...backstabbing role would seem to balance things considerably.

I'm going to be reviewing your (and probably Fritzlers) posts. There's something about your posting I don't like.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Pariah »

At this point, if we decide to lynch a mason, I want it to be Broomhead.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by Pariah »

Tamuz wrote:Could she have changed alignments after being hit? I wouldn't put it past a mafia to hold a kill, especially if the masons are mafia, they'd be ballsy enough
That's also possible, but I don't know if it's probable.

Either we are in the most broken set up I've seen in a long time, or there is something fishy with the masonery.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (isolation #60) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:39 am

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:Everyone - I realise that some people think broomhead looks scummy. He's not.
Please just trust me on this (and yes, I know how you hate to hear that, but still).
Why should I?

I'm not going to blindly place faith into something you say without good reason.
Adele wrote:I think I'm back at wanting to lynch MeMe. If broomhead would be nice enough to vote for her and someone else jumped on too, that'd be great.
Why are you so eager to end the day? I don't see any particular reason why we have to hurry through today's lynch. I'd enjoy discussing how the set up could be balanced and some other things first.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:39 am

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:Hey, wait, it's not LyLo right now. What was Tamuz saying?
If the mason group is really a mafia, it's lynch or lose.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:@Pariah: I know. I get how frustrated you all must be with us (especially, probably, with me) and I know I'd be pissed off if I was in your position. It's a little frustrating (though not nearly so much) for me that I can't give you what you want; I can just tell you that I have reasons to trust them even above and beyond the whole "mod confirmed them in strongest possible terms; if either of them were scum, then I'd never sign up to a vIQleS game again and would OMGUS vote him unto eternity" argument.
That's all nice and wonderful. But it doesn't do me any good.

I'm also understandably not a fan of the plan involving myself being vigged.

The last page disturbs me. The three of you act like you literally own the town or something.

I
really
want to vote for Broomhead or Fritzler right now, (the former more than the later), but I feel like I'm being taken for a ride if I go that way, and MeMe's claim would fit as SK...with several other options.

Bah. More discussion it is. I would appreciate if the masons were not so hasty to end the day, however.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Pariah »

MeMe, are you sure it's vigging, or is it
IMPLIED
, because that makes a world of difference.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (isolation #64) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:24 am

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:Well, no, because if she's mafia, we can expect 1 kill, but if she's an sk or a vig, we can expect 2 kills - hers, plus the scum's. So if there's 1 kill tomorrow or the wrong people died, we lynch her. Otherwise, we look at the facts we have at the time and move forward from there.
What if the scum no hit, or I block their hit via doctoring?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (isolation #65) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:24 am

Post by Pariah »

What is the current vote count?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (isolation #66) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:Good question -
I can't see the mafia no-killing, not when things (hopefully) are going so badly for them anyway.
Wait, what?

If it's a good play, I can certainly see them skipping their hit, making MeMe (assuming MeMe is pro town or not in the mafia) look bad, MeMe gets lynched, and then they basically are where they were last night, but with an extra player dead.
Adele wrote:Here's a suggestion. It might be a bit "out there", but I'm at least going to mention it as a possibility.

We lynch Tamuz. Pariah
promises
to protect either broomhead or C_D. C_D
promises
to investigate broomhead. MeMe
promises
to vig Pariah.

Come morning, we almost certainly would have confirmation on broomhead's name and thus allegiance, so broomhead and Fritzler would both be confirmed, and we have more information on MeMe. Downside is, it's fairly likely that MeMe, Fritzler or I would die.
The problem is that C_D's hints are rather vague. (Even assuming he's pro town.) They could be construed to match the character, or C_D could die because I picked to protect Broomhead.

Tamuz is Bugsy Malone. For some reason, that doesn't sound like a good lynch to me, really.

Also, just because Broomhead could be hypothetically be cleared, doesn't mean you or Fritzler will be, still leaving us with our little problem.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #67) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by Pariah »

Also, thank you for the unofficial vote count.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (isolation #68) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Post by Pariah »

Out of all the plans that have been suggested so far, I like none.

I'm on board the for the MeMe lynch, Adele. Her roleclaim is too close to that of a Serial Killers for my liking, and if we're not going on a mason hunt, MeMe > C_D (Tamuz's roleclaim is solid, IMO).

Soooo...
Vote: MeMe

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (isolation #69) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Pariah »

Unvote: MeMe

Wait, that's too fast.

I need to let MeMe talk first.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (isolation #70) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Pariah »

Sorry, I'm being excessively paranoid and internally conflicted over what to do in this game. But, right now, I'll make it clear it is my intention to vote for MeMe.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (isolation #71) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote::roll:

It's okay, I guess. But how much more information can you hope to get now?
Not a whole lot really. It would be poor manners and poor play to not let someone to defend themselves before actually killing them though.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (isolation #72) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Post by Pariah »

First of all, sorry to shock you and all, but I tend to find people who are emotionally stunned give better reactions. :shifty: (Stupid smile not being on this board.)

Why? Because from my personal perspective, I see three real choices if the masons are to be excluded. Tamuz, who has claimed Bugsy. Nope, that's straight out. Then, there's C_D and you. You have a claim that could correlate with a SK. You edge him out currently in my thought process.

HOWEVER.

I am not a fan of the current masonery plotting. At all. In fact, I don't like their decisions or plotting. I honestly think they have too much power.

And while I do like that you prefer me not to end up lynched, it doesn't exactly prove you as town aligned.

I do not fully trust the masonery. Let me me make that clear. All of their behavior disturbs me.

Yet, at the same time, I have to wonder about a limited 2 man mason group, and a three man normal mason group. How is that even possible?

Deeply internally conflicted, as I have said in many games past to always trust mason claims, lynching masons=dumb, etc., and now I'm faced with this situation where it seems utterly and totally unlikely.

Then you have the entire group saying they're positive, utterly, for SURE, that they're all town. I'm rather actually suspicious of how they can be so utterly sure. There's no way to really know that.

No, MeMe, my intent is no longer to lynch you at this point, because honestly, I feel too confused to make that kind of decision. My intent right now is to figure out what to do. And right now, I want to lynch a mason. But maybe later, I'll want to lynch someone else. It's all terribly confusing.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #73) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:48 pm

Post by Pariah »

MeMe wrote:And chaotic_diablo mentioned someone double-dealing against Fat Sam. Does ANYONE have information on that? Is this truly in the movie? Does anyone know the name of the role that does that?
...what if there was a role that appeared to be "So and So" to the other masons, but in reality was the person who stabbed Fat Sam in the back? :shock:

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (isolation #74) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:01 pm

Post by Pariah »

C_D wrote: I've read somewhere about this person who was dealing weapons to Fat Sam, but was double dealing with Dandy Dan, which ultimtely lead to Fat Sam's gang being pummeled. I don't quite remember where the site was or if my information is clear. I'll have to spend some time to find it.
That's
HIGHLY
interesting information.

The fact that there's actually possible movie evidence for a possible traitor makes me feel comfortable to make a vote I've wanted to make for a long time.

Vote: Broomhead

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (isolation #75) » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:03 am

Post by Pariah »

chaotic_diablo wrote:I find it hard to trust the masons due to the arrogance they've been displaying as of late. It's true that they are part of protown, but that doesn't mean they can forcibly make everyone else do what they want. I'm guessing this is the main problem that's causing a great amount of resistance.

@Pariah, could you reveal your night results? If we've had two kills a night, it's probable that you got lucky and blocked most of them, although I highly doubt it.
Night One, I hadn't been able to open the box, so I protected no one. N2, I protected MeMe. N3, Maz. N4, Adele.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (isolation #76) » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:15 pm

Post by Pariah »

Hold up. Why are we delegating the responsibility to someone else from Broomhead on the reasons of "everything I say sounds scummy?" So he can let others do the talking for him, when any of them should resonably be able to do it? Honestly, I'd expect Broomhead to be the least likely to be able to "trick/decieve/whatever" us out of all three of them.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #77) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by Pariah »

To lynch a mason, or not to lynch a mason. That is the question.

I would like to hear C_D's opinions on the matter, because while I know Tamuz/MeMe are Pro Mason Lynch or strongly considering a mason lynch, if C_D flat out isn't, the avenue is no longer open to us.

Also,
Unvote: Broomhead
for now.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (isolation #78) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by Pariah »

Also, is there a good reason the masons have decided to deny the rest of the town their opinions and talk? Because that honestly frustrates me to no end, and I would
very
much like to hear that.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (isolation #79) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:
Pariah wrote:Also, is there a good reason the masons have decided to deny the rest of the town their opinions and talk? Because that honestly frustrates me to no end, and I would very much like to hear that.
What do you mean? We've been very active indeed.
I meant what Fritzler decided not to share.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #80) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by Pariah »

Adele wrote:Over the course of the nights, we said a whole bunch of stuff to one another. I expect Fritzler's concern is that if he puts it all out there, the more astute members of the group - those that have successfully pegged the scum - are in greater danger of a night-kill. It's a valid concern.
No, it isn't a valid concern. So, the more valuable masons will risk dying. And? Being a mason at this point really kind of puts a huge target on your backs at this point anyway. I don't see how they can't sort out who is more intelligent/astute/whatever from
reading the thread
unless you want to express concerns that haven't been made public to the town, which probably should be brought to light in any case, so the evidence can be used.
Adele wrote:Besides, the whole point of the night-talk ability, the PM-ing, is you have the opportunity to share certain thoughts only with people of the same alignment. If we reveal all, the scum
will
know what we've been saying. It's a betrayal, when the understanding is that these things were said in confidence.

Don't we have a right to privacy?
That is almost laughable. This is mafia; not people's private lives. No, actually, you don't have a right to privacy, because if the town really wants to, they can threaten to lynch you to
make
you tell them.

Who honestly cares if the scum know what you're saying at this point? Everyone has roleclaimed, unless my memory fails me. I don't see why your opinions on who should be lynched shouldn't be made public, or why the masons would have anything they want to hide, which makes me suspicious all in myself. Maybe the masons can't back it up because they're not really all masons? Maybe Fritzler is a mafia traitor? Who knows. Again, it's making me distrust the masons even more.

In any case, I'll be wanting that information, period. You don't have a right to privacy, and I
will
vote and encourage to lynch a mason if it's not divulged, probably on Fritzler for discouraging telling it.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #81) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by Pariah »

Also, I
very
strongly support it coming from Fritzler.

Because I forgot to in the above post:
Vote: Fritzler

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #82) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Post by Pariah »

I should probably also comment that the more you/the masons stall in providing the town with the information, the more I will distrust whatever is given, because the more time passes, the more time to fabricates it elapses.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #83) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:hey you said you wanted it form fritz, you have to wait for him to come online for anything to happen, these to masons are just sittin' here
Perhaps I should clarify. I'm going to be resonable, obviously, but if Fritzler says "I don't want to" and gives a bunch of excuses, or disappears for a long period of time. Of course, I don't expect his instant attention.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (isolation #84) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:32 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Tamuz wrote:Maybe Fritzler gets serious outside of the thread and he doesn't want us to see that side of him.
You honestly think that? kiss my nooch

Its an additional ability we're talking about pariah which is better not to reveal, ill tell you later when im not lecturing stupid freshmen.
(Most) freshmen are dumb indeed.

An additional ability? At one point, I wondered about the possibility, but then I thought "a three man mason group
with an additional ability
" would be crazy, because simply a three man mason group in a 12 player game is already getting up there in insanity.

The plausbility of this all seems to be really strained. However, I appriciate that you divulged that it's an extra ability, but I would really like to go into afurther details , even if it's not actually the ability itself, but why it'd be a bad idea, other reasons, stuff like that.
Unvote: Fritzler
for now, but I want to hear more from you obviously after the freshmen have been lectured.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (isolation #85) » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:48 am

Post by Pariah »

Sounds like a plan to me. I promise to protect C_D.

(Go Go Two No Lynches!)

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (isolation #86) » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Pariah »

Pariah wrote:Sounds like a plan to me. I promise to protect C_D.

(Go Go Two No Lynches!)
If Broomhead was right, this isn't necessary.

Move along, now...

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #87) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Pariah »

CD wrote:I'd like to hear from Pariah, Fritzler, and Tamuz. I have an idea what might have happened.
About...? I sent in a night choice, and I protected you.
CD wrote:Here is my investigation. To tell you, whatever I say in this result does not reflect what I think, it's what it says. Pariah is a black full time janitor who is obviously guilty of something. He works at a bookshop, but why would a bookshop need a janitor?

My role PM says I work in Fat Sam's Grandslam Speakeasy, and further research (which was hard to find) says apparently that it's a club, not a bookshop. (Although it could be both, I guess, I can't find anything about a bookshop. If anyone has a link clearing that, I would appreciate it, as I have been unable to find one.) The fact that I'm black isn't even mentioned in my PM, nor is being guilty of something. I find it weird you don't even get anything about Fizzy's dream about tap dancing, because that even made it into my role description.

I find that really, really weird.

Thoughts on MeMe to come later.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (isolation #88) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Post by Pariah »

The main thing I dislike about your investigation is how it's not
totally
incorrect, or gives hints that lead to other characters in the move; Fizzy
is
black, and
is
a janitor.

However, it has (apparently) incorrect information about my role in terms of working at a bookshop. It also seems to be set up to incriminate me, with the whole "suspicious" line in there, but in a fashion so you can stay disconnected to it if it took off and lead to a lynching. ("To tell you, whatever I say in this result does not reflect what I think, it's what it says.") It also focuses on the race of Fizzy, which is kind of weird, as it was not mentioned, instead of mentioning tap dancing, which is a very large part of the information I recieved at the beginning of the game.

It pretty much looks like you set me up and messed up on the details.

I'd vote for you right now if I still wasn't confused about the MeMe situation. I kind of thought a situation like this might happen, and that was the reason I asked if it was implied or not eariler. Broomhead, did you get any PMs saying anything strange happened to you?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (isolation #89) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:18 am

Post by Pariah »

chaotic_diablo wrote:@Pariah, I did some research and I know what happened.
The bookstore is the cover for Fat Sam's speakeasy. Fizzy works as a janitor so in effect, he also works at the speakeasy. In the 1920's speakeasys were illegal, so in the cop view, your obviously guilty of something.

http://www.movierapture.com/bugsymalone.htm

Synopsis
Afraid of being ruined by a rival gang, Fat Sam (John Cassisi), a Prohibition era New York mob boss who runs
a speakeasy hidden behind a bookstore
, has his singer girlfriend, Tallulah (Jodie Foster), convince a streetwise hustler named Bugsy Malone (Scott Baio) to help him out. Fortunately, Bugsy, having been robbed of the two hundred dollars he was planning to use to buy train tickets to California for himself and his own girlfriend, Blousey (Florrie Dugger), is only too willing to come to Fat Sam's aid.
Aha!
Never mind now, suspicions dropped. That makes a great deal of sense.

By the way, how'd you find that? I tried hitting Google with
several
different searchs and it didn't come up.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (isolation #90) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Pariah »

chaotic_diablo wrote:I went to google, typed in, Bugsy Malone Book. I used Bugsy Malone to find any searches on the movie and used 'book' to see if there was any correlation with the two words. After that, it's simply reading the descriptions to see what you want to find.
Ah, I tried "Bugsy Malone Movie Script" "Bugsy Malone Book
store
", "Fat Sam's Grandslam Speak Easy", stuff like that.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (isolation #91) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by Pariah »

broomhead wrote:AH-HA!
Steal my catchphrase, will you?
broomhead wrote:after re-reading the forums i figured out a sure fire way to prove that if MeMe has a night kill ability that she is indeed either scum or SK and
not
a vig. but i am afraid i cannot tell you as of yet because it raises more questions than answers. and those questions either need to be discussed with fritzler at night or in a desperate situation. sorry to leave you all hanging i just want you to know what i am thinking. so
vote: MeMe

"I have this foolproof way to prove that MeMe is scum. But, sadly, for no given reason, this cannot be said and will only raise more questions than answers, and can only be talked about with Fritz. Sorry to breadcrumb you like this, but I want to give you what I'm thinking, but then
vote to lynch MeMe making this entire train of thought irrelevant anyway.
"

Seriously, wtf?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (isolation #92) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:52 pm

Post by Pariah »

Tamuz wrote:Do you still doubt the mason group?
No, or else I'd have FoSed Broomhead. I just think his logic is really, really bad.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (isolation #93) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:21 pm

Post by Pariah »

Pariah wrote:
Tamuz wrote:Do you still doubt the mason group?
No, or else I'd have FoSed Broomhead. I just think his logic is really, really bad.
I'll be even clearer than this. I don't want to lynch masons, nor am I suspicious of them. I just don't understand his post, and think is logic is really, really out there.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (isolation #94) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:34 am

Post by Pariah »

I'd like some very good reasoning from Broomhead what this additional ability to an already very powerful mason group in this game is, and why he can't tell us about it.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (isolation #95) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:35 am

Post by Pariah »

Pariah wrote:I'd like some very good reasoning from Broomhead on why this additional ability to an already very powerful mason group in this game has been granted, and some very good reasons why he can't tell us about it at this stage in the game.
Cohesion is good.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (isolation #96) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:56 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:We can vig. adele was all like, no we're not vigging, till two nights ago. We've targetted meme the last two nights. According to her claim she should be dead.

Vote: Meme
OK, that stings of a possible SK with 2 masons he has to convince to kill someone. That does not make me happy, at all. I'm going to have to think on this for awhile.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (isolation #97) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler: How do you think the set up is balanced if you are so confirmed that this is all true?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #98) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by Pariah »

I'm beginning to wonder if Fritzler is stringing us along.

He is so steadfast that there is no possible way the mod lied, at all. This would be an easy tactic to use on Broomhead to make him blindly follow him. I also remember when Fritzler was against revealing the mason's extra ability of killing players. Personally, I don't see the very big motivation on keeping that secret or why it was so unmentionable.

Something does not feel right in town today. There is no way things are as they appear.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (isolation #99) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:45 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:Something does not feel right in town today. There is no way things are as they appear.
I agree.
Pariah wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Fritzler is stringing us along.

He is so steadfast that there is no possible way the mod lied, at all. This would be an easy tactic to use on Broomhead to make him blindly follow him. I also remember when Fritzler was against revealing the mason's extra ability of killing players. Personally, I don't see the very big motivation on keeping that secret or why it was so unmentionable.
I wish. I will probably kill someone tonight. I wanted to keep it a secret so we could nail someone and be like suck it bitch. It would be sweet. Like, really really sweet. Adele and I agreed not to reveal it. Plus i refuse to believe a mod lied to a player so blatantly. I'm sorry, I refuse to do it.
While it would be probably
really
funny, I don't think "SUCK IT BITCH" is a good reason to keep it quiet.

Also, that's a bit...worrying. Who are you planning on killing, or is it just because?

Fritz, how can you hold that opinion with stuff like "SK/Mason or Mason/Mason Traitor" groups floating around? In my personal experience, it's very common to make it not obvious. However, this is...the second game I spent a lot of effort into so I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the meta.

By the way, you would
hate
me as a mod then, where in my meta "evil" modding is quite common.

Oh well, at least we can agree on something.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (isolation #100) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:Something does not feel right in town today. There is no way things are as they appear.
I agree.

I wish. I will probably kill someone tonight. I wanted to keep it a secret so we could nail someone and be like suck it bitch. It would be sweet. Like, really really sweet. Adele and I agreed not to reveal it. Plus i refuse to believe a mod lied to a player so blatantly. I'm sorry, I refuse to do it.
really

Also, that's a bit...worrying. Who are you planning on killing, or is it just because?

Fritz, how can you hold that opinion with stuff like "SK/Mason or Mason/Mason Traitor" groups floating around? In my personal experience, it's very common to make it not obvious. However, this is...the second game I spent a lot of effort into so I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the meta.

By the way, you would
hate

Well, I'd only hate you if you straight up lied to players, in a game other than robinson curosoe mafia or bastard mafia.

Mason triators may be common, but they are rarely told that everyone is pro town.
Oh, well I make it very obvious all of my games of the "bastard" variety, so you know to expect it when the game starts. So I suppose you wouldn't hate me then.

Right, but it's necessary to balance, it could in theory be done.

Anyway, I'm enjoying myself. I <3 the giant confusing mason group of doom twist.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (isolation #101) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:53 am

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
I agree.

really

By the way, you would
hate

Well, I'd only hate you if you straight up lied to players, in a game other than robinson curosoe mafia or bastard mafia.

Mason triators may be common, but they are rarely told that everyone is pro town.
Oh, well I make it very obvious all of my games of the "bastard" variety, so you know to expect it when the game starts. So I suppose you wouldn't hate me then.

Anyway, I'm enjoying myself. I <3 the giant confusing mason group of doom twist.
Me too.

plus i need more quote block
NEEDS MORE QUOTEBLOCK. [/bandwagon]

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #102) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
I agree.

really

By the way, you would
hate

Me too.

Have you ever seen a quote bomb on these boards?
No, I've lurked, but to my knowledge I haven't seen that. What would be a quote bomb?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #103) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
broomhead wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:I agree.

really

By the way, you would
hate

Me too.

No, I've lurked, but to my knowledge I haven't seen that. What would be a quote bomb?
whats a quote bomb?
scroll down on this page

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=2700
That's cool and all, but maybe we should post like, content.

Unless we have some weird roles, MeMe or one of the masons are lying. I'm seriously considering both sides of the issue, but I'm having a hard time making a decision. Perhaps the game is balanced because it is so unbalanced it appears to be unreal, causing the players to make sucky decisions on who to lynch?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (isolation #104) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:03 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
broomhead wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Well, I'd only hate you if you straight up lied to players, in a game other than robinson curosoe mafia or bastard mafia.

Me too.

whats a quote bomb?
scroll down on this page

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=2700
That's cool and all, but maybe we should post like, content.

Unless we have some weird roles, MeMe or one of the masons are lying. I'm seriously considering both sides of the issue, but I'm having a hard time making a decision. Perhaps the game is balanced because it is so unbalanced it appears to be unreal, causing the players to make sucky decisions on who to lynch?
I was tihnking that, like we're improbabley improbable roles? Almost miller types?
It's certainly an interesting theory, or interesting concept to balance a game on. It's like "Artifical Miller."

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (isolation #105) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by Pariah »

Well, I'm not killing you instantly.

I'm mulling it over, to be honest. You seem like a good lynch, but paranoia also exists over the masons. So, I don't see a real reason to hurry, although I'll make up my mind sometime soon.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (isolation #106) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by Pariah »

I don't see another choice, really. The only lynch other than MeMe is Broomhead/Fritzler, IMO, and I just don't see that happening today.

Vote: MeMe

If I've lost the game for the town, I've lost the game. It was fun.[/dice]

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (isolation #107) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by Pariah »

Roflcopter. I suppose my paranoia was unfounded.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (isolation #108) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Pariah »

Thought: If the game doesn't end, I'll be looking closely at C_D for confirming MeMe incorrectly... (Assuming IIRC...)

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #109) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:28 am

Post by Pariah »

Not much to say, unbalanced, etc.

'Twas fun. I should have made a better hammer vote.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (isolation #110) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Post by Pariah »

Dear Mod, you shouldn't be "shamed." It was an enjoyable game overall, even if the set up wasn't balanced. I've played in games that were balanced but sucked. It was fun. (Of course, I was on the non-screwed town side...)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”