Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #0) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Magua »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Welcome, Magua.

Unvote; Vote: Magua

Obvious reason is obvious.

Hello, Reaper. Unfortunately, that vote makes you a threat. I can't have any threats.

Daykill: ReaperCharlie

Nothing personal.

Other stuff:

Thor665 - Townread. My strongest townread, at this point. Definitely do not want to see him lynched today.

Channeldelibird - Townread. Little else to say -- his posts are succinct and to the point and generally rational.

mikeburnfire - Townread. For him to be scum and run up to L-2 likely means that both of his partners would be on his wagon. I find this unlikely.

danakillsu - Slight townread. Not seeing the RC hate. Of the people who could be lynched today, he's somewhere in the middle -- thus, not interested in lynching him.

Ragnarokio - Slight townread. I heap more and more invective in my notes on Ragnarokio's posts, then ended up writing "#260 - Holy fuck, Ragnarokio posts something real". Things improve since then, and made me go back and re-evaluate Ragnarokio pre-#260 as trolling town.

ReaperCharlie - Slight townread. Alliance is BS. Pushing the alliance in the face of several people calling it BS is town.

The null bucket - My opinion of these three is literally "null". In the case of MoS and ooba, it's just that I find anything there to base an opinion off of. In MarchHare's case, it's that I feel that everything's just been one big giant reaction test and that keeps me from taking any of it seriously.
Mastermind of Sin
ooba
MarchHare

PerigrineV - Slight scumread. I felt a general overall lack of content in his posts, but scummier than that is his townread on Energetic (#328 was just after EP voted dana; in this post, Perigrine doesn't fully agree with RC's case on dana, but thinks EP is reasonable; there's some cognitive dissonance going on there)

Energetic Penguin - Scumread. Largely nonexistant. Largely pointless posts. This'd be a different read on a newbie, but not on someone who's been here for 18 months.

Ant_to_the_max - Scumread. Nothing I can really put my finger on, but most of his posts feel forced, or like they're positioning for towncred. His unvote/vote of MikeBurnFire. A lot of straight up information, little analysis or stances. His consistent preference of voting for lurkers.

So of the three current wagons, Thor, Peregrine, and dana, I like Peregrine's wagon the best. However, I prefer to start my own.

VOTE: Ant_to_the_max

Energetic Penguin is also a wagon that I will join without hesitation.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #1) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Magua »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Reading your post, I just looked up Energetic Penguin's shiznit. He flaked out of a game in late '09, flaked out of another in early '10, and has only been 'back' since mid-April 2011. He doesn't have 18 months experience on site. He only has 50 posts. I'm not defending him per se, but your summary of him is a bit misleading. I wouldn't be surprised if he flaked this game too, though. Here's an incentive not to, EP.

Better for him to flake and get replaced than to get lynched. If he's not going to flake, he needs to step up his game and post some content.

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Now that I look at it again, Ant_to_the_Max's reminder to mikeburnfire that "It's the weekend now" could be scum w/o daytalk trying to prod their buddy into action before they get called out on it by someone else.

Great. Vote ATTM.

Though I find it incredibly unlikely that ATTM would be coaching mikeburnfire on how to play, I will appreciate the vote regardless.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (isolation #2) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Magua »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did I stutter?

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
About the stuff being force: I think it is just a matter of opinion. Consistent preference for voting lurkers is stretching it imo.

Ok. Why are you voting Mastermind of Sin? In like 4-5 sentences.

Of the three leading wagons (Peregrine, Thor, danakillsu), which would you switch to to avoid a NL?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #3) » Sun May 08, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Magua »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:I am confused on why you would dayvig a townread of yours.

Do you think my dayvig on ReaperCharlie is good or bad?

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about these two reads. While I generally disagree with a lot of their content so far (obviously), they have been spending a lot of time trying to get me to die/contribute. Do you believe their attacks on me were pointless/lacking content?

You're a massive lurker. That's your meta. It makes you easy to attack. I disbelieve your statement that either of them has been spending a lot of time getting you to die or contribute. Both of their "attacks" on you read to me as lazy.

Now, your turn. Why are you defending Peregrine when (previous to #410) he was who your vote was on?

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Liking my vote where it is for pressure, but less sure about it since it was originally predicated on the actions of someone who just got replaced for the very reason I voted them. :/ Still, I want to see how Magua reacts to this line of questioning.

1. If you say your vote is for pressure, there'll be no pressure.
2. A single vote is no pressure.
3. Pressure votes the day before deadline are dumb and scummy.

@ReaperCharlie:
You misspelled Ant_to_the_max in your vote. Please rectify. Thanks.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #4) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Magua »

ooba wrote:Ok I might have been wrong on that scum team call ..
- I will not support a MBF, MOS, dana lynch (Deadlines exceptions excluded but would like to avoid it - Given a choice amongst three to avoid NL I'd go MOS>dana>MBF)
- I retract my RC town read
- I would like Thor lynched

What about Peregrine?

For that matter, what about Ant_to_the_max and Energetic Penguin?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #5) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by Magua »

Thor665 wrote:An ani trade for Magua? Yes, thank you.

If I defeat you in mortal combat again (like it was so hard the first time =P), will you vote for Ant_to_the_max?

I'm quite serious here. You jumping on Ragnarokio for being a "non-poster" is...well, it's just so terrible I can't even come up with a witty retort about how terrible it is.

Thor665 wrote:I don't like the MBF wagon and call it town v. town ;)

MBF wagon? Do you mean Reaper? Otherwise, I have no *idea* what you mean by "MBF wagon" as there is *no* MBF wagon. Unless you meant the MBF wagon at the start of the day, in which case, I would be tempted to agree, except who was on that, let's see, animorpherv1, Thor665, ooba, Ragnarokio, and who are you voting now, Ragna...waitaminute.

Thor665 wrote:I'm not really feeling that Ant wagon, Magua - sorry. I actually support his desire to kill the non-posters

For that matter, there's no Ant wagon at this point either. You say you support MBF's desire to kill non-posters. How about Energetic Penguin instead of ATTM then? I'm fine with that.

Thor665 wrote:and the rest of your case appears to be gut.

AS OPPOSED TO WHAT? DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY I'M A DAYCOP WITH A GUILTY? JESUS.

Anyways:

Unofficial vote count

Thor665 (3): mikeburnfire, Ragnarokio, ooba
danakillsu (2): Energetic Penguin, PerigrineV
PerigrineV (2): ChannelDelibird, danakillsu
Ragnarokio (2): Mastermind of Sin, Thor665
Mastermind of Sin (1): Ant_to_the_max
ReaperCharlie (1): MarchHare
Ant_to_the_max (1): Magua
mikeburnfire (1): ReaperCharlie

Selected call outs:

Thor. Your vote on Ragnarokio sucks and smacks *highly* of OMGUS. Don't ruin my townread on you like this.

ReaperCharlie. Your vote on MBF sucks as MBF is town. Please rectify.

MarchHare: Your vote on ReaperCharlie sucks and is doing nothing because RC is not going to get lynched. Please rectify.

mikeburnfire: Your vote on Thor sucks. However, please keep it there for the time so that Thor will be motivated to pick a better alternative wagon. Thanks in advance.

P-edit:

PeregrineV wrote:GAIZ EVERYBODY IS TOWN

Who is scum?

Also, when you just call the person you're currently voting town, it is customary to vote someone else. Such as a person you believe to be scum.

Also also, I pre-emptively admit that my quote of you may not be exact.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (isolation #6) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Magua »

Thor, goddamit. I wish to make babies with you. But Ragnarokio is still a terrible lynch.

Thor665 wrote:Why are you so against a Raggy lynch though? You just screamed and dismissed it, but I was willing to say why I didn't like your case.

1. Ragnarokio is capable of playing well (evidence, evidence, evidence).

2. Scum want to fly under the radar, not make waves.

3. Ragnarokio goes out of her way to troll/provoke (evidence, evidence, evidence).

The crux of the case against Ragnarokio seems to be that she's got a lot of one-liners, glib replies, and generally useless posts. But my counterargument (nee: chainsaw defense) is that she's capable of writing cogent, well thought out posts, so the glib one liner posts are intentional. Which reads more as trolling-town, "What can I get away with?" and less lazy scum. Ragnarokio-scum could easily blend in, especially amongst say, ooba and Mastermind of Sin, but she seems to consciously not do this. This is a towntell in my book.

UNVOTE: Ant_to_the_max
VOTE: Energetic Penguin

Join me, Thor
and we can rule this galaxy as father and son
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (isolation #7) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Magua »

Energetic Penguin wrote:@
Magua
: I don't like that you listed MBF as townread. Your sole reason is that getting to L-2 as scum is unlikely. Why? There's no reason why it would require both his scumbuddies to be on him either. MBF is looking quite scummy to me.

You think it's more likely that five townies would run someone up to L-2 by pg 3?

Why is MBF scummy?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #8) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Magua »

Unofficial vote count

danakillsu (2): PerigrineV, mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire (2): danakillsu, ReaperCharlie
Energetic Penguin (2): Magua, Thor665
Thor665 (2): Ragnarokio, ooba
Ragnarokio (1): Mastermind of Sin
Ant_to_the_max (1): ooba

Not voting (2): Energetic Penguin, ChannelDelibird

Deadline is in about 36 hours from this post. Mastermind of Sin, MarchHare, ooba, Energetic Penguin, CDB need to get their shit together.

I'm not jumping on the Thor or MBF wagon. I'll jump on dana to avoid NL, but we need to decide a lynch *today* so that we can get a claim and behave rationally, not be like "loldeadlinevoteoopslynchedthedoc".

Obv, Energetic Penguin is the best lynch.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #9) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Magua »

Unofficial vote count

danakillsu (4): PerigrineV, mikeburnfire, ReaperCharlie, Mastermind of Sin
Energetic Penguin (2): Magua, Thor665
ReaperCharlie (2): MarchHare, ooba
mikeburnfire (1): danakillsu
Thor665 (1): Ragnarokio

Dana. Get this through your head: MBF is not getting lynched today.

Ragnarokio. I know you're active. Thor is not getting lynched today.

Both of you need to put your vote somewhere useful.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #10) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Magua »

Unofficial vote count

Energetic Penguin (3): Magua, Thor665, Ragnarokio
ReaperCharlie (2): MarchHare, ooba

Not voting (3): Channeldelibird, Ant_to_the_max, Energetic Penguin
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (isolation #11) » Fri May 13, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Magua »

Unofficial vote count

Energetic Penguin (5): Magua, Thor665, Ragnarokio, ooba, Channeldelibird

Not voting (2): Ant_to_the_max, Energetic Penguin

Less than 12 hours until deadline.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #12) » Fri May 13, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Magua »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:VOTE: Dana

Who do you think are the other two votes who will join you on the dana wagon and lead to a lynch?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #13) » Fri May 13, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Magua »

PeregrineV wrote:Honestly not liking either a Dana or EP lynch...

If you don't like either a dana or EP lynch, why were you voting dana for the past week?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #14) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Magua »

Energetic Penguin. L-1. Vote.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (isolation #15) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Magua »

Ragnarokio wrote:Ant is still probably scum

VOTE: Ant

Curious. How come all the time you were going on about how scummy Ant was, you were voting Thor?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #16) » Fri May 20, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Magua »

ooba wrote:I need to re-read this entire game again .. Suffice to say I'm confused right now ..

Confusion is a scumtell. Especially when I see very little to be confused about.

VOTE: ooba
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (isolation #17) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Magua »

I could wax eloquent, but instead I'll ask: were either of you confused by ReaperCharlie dying?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #18) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Magua »

Ragnarokio wrote:I wanted to see how ant and others would react if I attacked ant without putting a vote behind it. I at least thought it had a higher potential to yield useful information than a direct vote would have been. If Ant was scum, a wagon on him probably wouldn't have been successful at that point in the game, so it wasn't worth trying to lynch him anyway. My vote was on thor because I hadn't removed it from the previous bandwagon.

Wait...what?

No.

That makes no sense.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (isolation #19) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Magua »

Ragnarokio wrote:@Magua: Alright.

So...you agree with me? That it makes no sense?

Does this bother you at all?

Expanding now on the "confusion" bit:

Townie Thought Process: I think ReaperCharlie is scum. He's scum scum scum. Oh, he died and flipped town. Guess I was wrong. I need to reevaluate stuff.

At no point is the town "confused" about what's going on. What's going on is simple. I thought EP was scum. He flipped town. That didn't confuse me. It made me sad, but it didn't confuse me.

The scum thought process is different. Scum going after RC know that RC's not really scum. They shoot him, he flips town, they're not really surprised. But they want to fake a townie reaction. They have this idea that the townie reaction is to be consistent, still believing that RC is scum even with the mod flip. So out comes "confusion".

This is bollocks.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #20) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Magua »

ooba wrote:I don't have a single solid read this game - either scum\town. RC was the closest and him flipping town didn't help. I'm upto page 15 in my re-read - thoughts within the hour.

:(
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #21) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Magua »

Magua wrote:
ooba wrote:I don't have a single solid read this game - either scum\town. RC was the closest and him flipping town didn't help. I'm upto page 15 in my re-read - thoughts within the hour.

:(

@ooba:
Promised reads please. I see you posting in other games, please post in this one.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (isolation #22) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Magua »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Magua, how much of the flavour do you know? Better yet, do you keep up with Chuck at all?

I've watched season 1. Never seen season 2 or beyond. Not particularly interested in doing so, so not worried abotu spoilers or anything like that.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:But yet Magua was the one to start the wagon on EP at the end of the day. We had a couple other better lynches to go with, but yet he decided to start on on EP.

My quote is "Better for him to flake and get replaced than to get lynched. If he's not going to flake, he needs to step up his game and post some content." That was post #423 on 5/8. Between that and my vote for him, he posted this, this, this, and this.

He did not flake. Nor did he step up his game and post content. So I vote him in #481. I know, crazy.

If you think I'm scum for doing this, you should be voting me.

@ooba:
I still don't see what you were confused about in #623. Please explain.

Thor is still town. Mikeburnfire is still town.

Peregrine still doesn't seem to have a scumread on anyone.

I don't think Ragnarokio is scum. Entirely disagree with Thor on this one. Compare and contrast to Bunnylover/Raivann in ASoS.

danakillsu lynch might be informative -- if DKU is scum, it's a good lynch. If DKU is town, then that means there was a lot of late game vote jumping between two town wagons, which would be odd, because scum would not want to be jumping onto a town's (EP's) wagon when they could simply stay on a different town (danakillsu's) wagon. That is, if DKU dies and is town, that'd be a pretty strong towntell for ChannelDelibird and Ant_to_the_max.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (isolation #23) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Magua »

This game needs a swift kick in the nether regions. I am now proxying my vote to Thor and bandwagoning like crazy.

UNVOTE: ooba (Who's still scum)
VOTE: Ragnarokio (Who's not)

Ragnarokio is now at L-2
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (isolation #24) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Magua »

Thor665 wrote:@Magua - a page from Benmage there, eh? ;)

You just wait until I use my govern D4.

@Peregrine:
Vote someone.

@MOD: VOTE COUNT PLEASE
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #25) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Magua »

So it is.

So talk to me about Ant. I think he's scum. Do you think he's scum?

You agree with me on ooba. Why do you disagree with me on mikeburnfire?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (isolation #26) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:Magua, your recent actions plague me. You unvoted somebody you expressed as being scum to vote somebody that we both have town reads on, projecting the responsibility on Thor. You have expressed that you think Ooba and Ant to be scum, and that dana would be a good lynch. Is the vote on Rag entirely a pressure vote, or are you scum?

Do you think I'm going to answer that question with "Yes, I'm scum"?

If not, why did you ask it?

Do *you* think I'm scum? If so, you should vote me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #27) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote: I noticed that you responded to my question with three of your own questions, but no actual response.

Yes.

Do you think I'm scum?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (isolation #28) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Magua »

Ant, do you think Peregrine is town?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (isolation #29) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Magua »

And you think Ragnarokio is town?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #30) » Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:
unvote, vote Magua

Do you think Ant is town or scum?

Do you think Ragnarokio is town or scum?

Empking wrote:I think Magua's respoonse to MBF look town because I think sdcum would be more careful and covering all bases (Thinking of 708 here.)

Opinions on Ant and ooba please.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #31) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:Magua, why should I answer your questions when you don't answer mine?

Because your questions have so far been stupid with incredibly obvious answers. "Are you scum?" Jesus christ. What a pointless question. Ask some questions that aren't incredibly obvious, and I might answer them.

mikeburnfire wrote:Peregrene, the reason for my vote should be obvious. Magua's recent behavior of blatant bandwagoning somebody he doesn't believe to be scum, coupled with his refusal to explain himself.

Everyone, I have certain reasons why I believe Ragnarok is likely to not be scum. I can't say why, and I'm not 100% certain, but if you think that I'm town, I would appreciate taking him off of lynch-1 and finding a different target today.

For the record, I think Ragnarokio is town, so we agree on that. Now, I re-ask my question: Do you think I'm scum?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (isolation #32) » Fri May 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:Do you think that I think you're scum?

I don't know, hence my asking you about it.

mikeburnfire wrote:If so, what would you do about it?

Wouldn't do a goddamn thing about it. But it'd be nice to know. Mostly, it would depend on why you thought I was scum. If you thought I was scum for taking a game that was dying a slow death due to inactivity and doing *something*, then I'd write you off.

danakillsu wrote:But according to Thor, you're still voting her. Why?

Did you read when I voted her in the first place?

And I haven't gathered the vast amounts of mental energy it needs for me to sheep Thor again, because now I've gotten what I've wanted, which is people talking.

Would you prefer that I sheep Thor on his vote on you?

What do you think about Ant? What about ooba?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (isolation #33) » Fri May 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Magua »

Ragnarokio wrote:There don't seem to be many real cases going around right now, and I still like my case on ant the best, so I'm going to stick with that for now. Strange that the general impression i got was that there were a lot of people at least somewhat suspicious of him, but he isn't picking up any relevant interest.

What about ooba?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (isolation #34) » Sat May 28, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:Magua, you hadn't shown up on my scumradar until you unvoted somebody you suspected in favor of sheeping a vote no somebody you thought was town. There was no need to put somebody that you think is town so close to a lynch. Which is why I suddenly do indeed think that you could be scum.

I unvoted someone I suspected who had 0 other votes, a week into the Day. Game had been stagnating with people making contentless posts and it was going to run into another instance where we were going to get close to deadline and then there'd be a scramble.

That's dumb. This is a very sluggish town. Sluggish towns lose games.

So I did something to get people to post. If you think I'm scum for doing that, if you don't think I've been forthright in naming who I think scum is (Ant, ooba) or giving my reasons for why I think they're scum, then by all means keep your vote on me.

Empking thinks I'm town. Do you think he's town or scum?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (isolation #35) » Sat May 28, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Magua »

ooba wrote:What about ooba?

I already know what MBF thinks of you. He thinks you're a nullread, but he goes out of his way to defend you against my "crap reasoning".
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (isolation #36) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Magua »

Ragnarokio wrote:Your case on ooba? The one that's centered around one post?

The question isn't what do you think about my case on ooba, it's what do you think about ooba.

mikeburnfire wrote:So you decided to abandon your vote and, instead of joining Ragnarok (town-read) in voting Ant (scum-read), you put her closer to a lynch.

Yes, exactly.

mikeburnfire wrote:What kind of discussion did you hope to spark, other than getting people to suspect you for blatant bandwagoning?

That I was blatantly bandwagoning. Whether Ragnarokio was a good lynch. Whether anyone would defend her. Who would call me scum. Who would call me town. Who would jump on the bandwagon, who would jump off.

mikeburnfire wrote:Besides, I don't know where you get the belief that the game was stagnating. Looked fairly active to me, and with RC gone there was hardly any chaff to sift through.

Day started Thursday, the 19th, and is two weeks long. I bandwagoned on Thursday, the 26th, halfway through the Day, and at the point, the Day had been a whopping five pages and nobody had more than two votes. There was no indication that anyone was going to get more than two votes. There was no content, there was people sitting around and killing time.

That's towndeath.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #37) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Magua »

@Mod:
You have Peregrine voting both mikeburnfire and Empking, should just be Empking
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (isolation #38) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Magua »

ooba wrote:"danakillsu lynch might be informative" - But what are your thoughts on dana exactly?

My experience with danakillsu is limited. I played with him in A Storm of Swords, where I found his townplay to just be scummy, so much so that I eventually wrote him off as town because he was just too scummy to be scum.

His play here is more controlled, which seems a meta-scumtell, but I haven't gone out to find games where dana's been scum to confirm this. It's certainly not the blatant town tunneling that he did in ASoS. There are many people I would like to see lynched before dana, but I would certainly lynch dana before Ragnarokio.

Going over my list of reads, I still feel very strongly that Thor and Mikeburnfire are town, and only slightly strongly that Ragnarokio is town.

I oscillate on Mastermind of Sin; his attack on me reads as lazy, but it doesn't come across to me as particularly scum motivated. I slot him into the null-to-town category.

I have no real read on Channeldelibird, and am looking forward to his promised post.

My top suspects for scum are Ant_to_the_max, ooba, Perigrine, and Empking, in roughly that order. For Empking in particular, I have this gut feeling that he's writing me off as town so he can say "I told you so" when I'm lynched, and I find that to be scummy for reasons I can't quite elucidate.

UNVOTE: Ragnarokio
VOTE: Ant_to_the_max
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (isolation #39) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Magua »

Empking wrote:It'd bev that I was looking for towncred surely? (Though TBH anything that looks like foreknowledge of a flip is not looked well upon in the current meta.)

Yes, obviously if you were scum it'd be for towncred. My point was that I get a scummy feeling from you calling me town, but I can't elucidate why I do.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:I am thinking that Magua/Peregrine are the best two for a lynch today (somewhat leaning towards Peregrine.)

Why is Peregrine a better lynch when you are voting me, and there are three votes on me compared to 0 on Peregrine?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (isolation #40) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Magua »

Reading is tech:

V)If half the living players approve a No Lynch (Vote: No Lynch), then no player shall be lynched and the game shall enter Night Phase.
If deadline is reached and no one has received a simple majority of the votes, no one shall be lynched.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (isolation #41) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Magua »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:As someone who spent time yesterday yelling at people who were on solo wagons nearing deadline, I'm sure you can appreciate Ant's vote staying on you over Peregrine, who currently has 0 votes.

...or are you so desperate to not get lynched that you'd encourage others to abandon the best practices you advocated yesterday?

All of those things you state would indicate that I'm a better lynch than Peregrine.

But that's not what Ant said.

Why did you feel the need to answer the question for him?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (isolation #42) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:I see. Then we need a lynch in 48 hours. There won't be enough drive to lynch Ant or Rag today, so the wagons left will be between Magua and Dana. Since Magua and dana won't vote themselves, it will be an even four votes on each player, leaving Ragnarok, Empking, and ChannelDelibird to decide today's lynch.

So, yeah. Hurry up.

Or we could lynch Ant, who is, y'know, scum.

(Dana is possibly scum. But Ant is more scum.)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (isolation #43) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Magua »

Thor665 wrote:@Magua - I went back and looked, and your Ant case appears to be "gut" and nothing else. WTF?

Er? All of my cases are gut. That's how it rolls.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Because I feel the need to point out the ridiculousness of what you just said. I could care less who you were addressing it to. This is about you, stop trying to make it about someone else.

Let's walk through this.

1. Ant_to_the_max says "Magua is a good lynch, Peregrine is a better lynch."
2. Magua says, "Why do you say Peregrine is a better lynch when you are voting for me?"
3. Mastermind of Sin says, "lolscumflail"
4. Magua says, "I asked him why he's saying something and doing something else."
5. Mastermind of Sin says, "lolscumflail"

You could argue that I'm trying to badger him into voting Peregrine. You could also argue that I'm trying to badger him into voting me. Your comments, specifically, are pointless. The real question you should be asking is why I'm not trying to badger him into voting dana, because dana is the only viable alternative wagon to me at this point.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (isolation #44) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Magua »

Empking wrote:That looks like misrepresentation. MOS is saying your ideas on that players should only be on the large wagons near deadline seemed to have changed now you're under fire.

*looks at votecount*

Is 2 that much less than 3 now? Ant has two votes. I want people to vote Ant.

I don't particularly want people to vote Peregrine. I've never encouraged people to vote Peregrine. I wanted Ant to clarify his statement from his actions. If MoS wants to believe I was trying to get Ant to vote Peregrine, he can believe this, but it doesn't make it true.

Case in point: I've not bothered MoS or mikeburnfire about their votes on me. Me questioning ATTM isn't because he's voting me. It's because I think he's scum.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (isolation #45) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Magua »

Double post:

Mastermind of Sin wrote:...or are you so desperate to not get lynched that you'd encourage others to abandon the best practices you advocated yesterday?

If I'm so desperate to avoid being lynched, why am I not encouraging people to vote dana?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (isolation #46) » Tue May 31, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Magua »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I didn't claim that you were trying to get Ant to vote Peregrine. I claimed that you were questioning his lack of vote on Peregrine, and that if he *had* been voting Peregrine it would be in violation of the ideas *you* professed yesterday. So thus I question why you wondered why he wasn't voting Peregrine, when it should have made perfect sense to you.

I find consistency to be the hobgoblin of small minds.

And, no, "perfect sense" to me would be something like "Magua and Peregrine are both scummy, but Magua is the better lynch." That would've made perfect sense to me, and I would've moved on with my life. But that's not what he said. He said something that didn't make sense to me. Which is why I asked the question. A nice, orderly progression.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Magua »

A tad less than 36 hours until deadline unless we're definitely getting a CDB replacement and a deadline extension.

The votes, as so:

xRECKONERx wrote:Ragnarokio (2): danakillsu, Empking
Ant_to_the_max (2): Ragnarokio, Magua
danakillsu (3): ooba, Thor665, PeregrineV
Magua (3): Ant_to_the_max, Mastermind of Sin, mikeburnfire

I'm town. I think Ragnarokio is town. I'm meh on danakillsu, but I also don't have a scumread on him.

I'll vote danakillsu close to deadline, as I assume he will vote me. But in preference to both of those, I'd much prefer to just lynch Ant.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Magua »

Thor665 wrote:
Vote: Magua

Semi-colon; not to be clever.

You can only vote me if you show MS Paint pictures of us fighting.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Magua »

Empking wrote:Magua and Ant are equally good town reads to my mind.

*Shrug*

What about MBF and Thor? Are they townreads as well?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (isolation #50) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Magua »

CDB, either post like you said you were going to do over the weekend and then yesterday, or request replacement please.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (isolation #51) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Magua »

Blah, blah, blah.

Maintain Thor townread.
Maintain MBF townread.
Maintain Ragnarokio falls into useless town category.

I have found CDB to be ultra scummy before, lynched him, and had him flip town, so it's sort of kids gloves here. I don't think scum would be *so* forward with their ultra lurking, but the combination of "lynch me if I don't provide content" + not providing content is antitown regardless of alignment. Really would prefer that this slot gets replaced with someone who'll post.

Maintain Ant scumread.
Second place scumread: Mastermind of Sin.

ooba, Empking, danakillsu, Peregrine all sit uncomfortably null.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (isolation #52) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Magua »

Ant is still scummy to me, but the claim is believable. Chuck being a cop makes perfect sense, and Ant's method of breadcrumbing fits in with asking whether I or Empking had seen beyond Season 1 or not. Fine with letting him get more reports and see what happens from there.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Great job guys...way to out the main character. Can we go back to lynching Magua-scum now?

This is scummy as *fuck*.

*Really* want to lynch Mastermind of Sin, but with 13 hours until deadline, do not believe it will happen.

UNVOTE: Ant_to_the_max
VOTE: danakillsu

CDB not posting and not replacing out makes me sad, but he won't hit the prod nor force replace limit before deadline.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Magua »

UNVOTE: danakillsu
VOTE: Mastermind of Sin
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Magua »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:BAH!

If Magua is scum I am totally getting the feeling that Thor also might be scum.
Weighing current options though.

The Thor who could've hammered you?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Magua »

Empking wrote:dana is apparently V/LA so can't claim.

Where'd you get this from?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Magua »

I see now.

Keeping MoS vote. Will vote danakillsu for a lynch in about five hours or so if MoS-wagon doesn't go.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:At this point I am feeling Magua > dana > MoS

So my not hammering danakillsu is because I'm playing the long game?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Magua »

MoS lynch > dana lynch > CDB lynch.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Magua »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Look at the scum scramble to get a wagon on me so Magua and Dana don't get lynched. There isn't even a case on me.

unvote, vote: dana

Will check back to vote magua if needed before deadline. They are both scum anyway.

So you say I and dana are scum. Dana's vote is on me (and his vote put me at L-1), so that seems to run counter to your theory, as votes on me is the opposite of a scramble to mean I don't get lynched.

Who, exactly, do you feel are the scum scrambling to get a wagon on you?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Magua »

The deadline given in Reck's post above is a countdown timer, and so is valid from when you look at it, not from the date of Reck's post (wait a minute and refresh and look at it again if you don't believe me). Deadline's 11:59pm EST, about four and a half hours from now.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (isolation #60) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Magua »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, Magua, dana hasn't been around to stop using you and switch to me since my random wagon formed. It still stands to reason that this wagon is scum-driven, though, since no one has presented a case against me yet.

You say dana and I are the scum. That's fine. But if dana and I are the scum, and the wagon is scum driven, who else are the scum who are currently voting you? You can say "Magua", but I'm curious who of (PeregrineV, mikeburnfire, ooba, Empking) you suspect.

Also, we've got a claimed cop. You softclaiming when we've got a claimed cop, I do not like.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Magua »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I have not had time to do a solid reread, so I couldn't tell you. It is just my gut feeling, because I have a hard time seeing this as a pure town wagon when not a one of you has posted a case against me yet.

No matter how you slice it, if you think dana and I are scum, then when you were at L-1, the majority of people voting you must have been town. I find this argument to be entirely illogical.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I am softclaiming to try and minimize the damage done by today's wagons. I don't see how us having a claimed cop has makes you apprehensive about my claim. If anything I have more reason to softclaim *because* we already outed the cop...

Scum softclaim for wiggle room. For you to softclaim instead of hardclaim is for you to say that you, claimed, would make a more attractive NK target than a cop. I find this hard to believe.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (isolation #62) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Magua »

Danakillsu should've been lynched by MBF in #926. Just in case:

UNVOTE: Mastermind of Sin
VOTE: danakillsu
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (isolation #63) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Magua »

Yay on being right on Thor, MBF, and Ragnarokio from the get-go.

Wrong on just about everything else.

Probably a good thing I died. =P
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1816 (isolation #64) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Magua »

There was no Dead QT, Thor, or at least, I was never given one. :(

Thanks for modding, Reck.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1824 (isolation #65) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:What was up with that 4th day, anyway? Ant claims a guilty on MoS, so one of them is obviously scum, and you go off and lynch Empking. I don't get it.

From Thor's POV, the possible teams D4 were:

Empking + Ant
Empking + MoS
Ant + MoS

After he discarded Ant + MoS as a team, Empking was the safe lynch for Thor, and if Empking's lynch could've immediately led to Ant's lynch if he flipped non-godfather

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”