Mini 1171: BSG Mafia - over - Were the humans saved?

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1171: BSG Mafia - over - Were the humans saved?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Dekes »

Battlestar Galactica Mafia

Mod: Dekes
Co-mod: Starbuck

==========================================================================================================

Battlestar Galactica, starboard hangar deck. Galen Tyrol, Deck Chief of the Galactica, enjoys a quiet break away from the bedlam that is his life ever since the Cylons attacked, as he looks up to see Cally Henderson, deckhand and close friend, approaching him holding a piece of paper in her hand.

"Hey Chief, do I really see you having your second break already in the last three weeks?"
"Yeah, you know me, Cally: lazy as a sloth. What you got there?"
"Ack, it's one of those rabble-rousing pamphlets of the Demand Peace Movement again. You'll never believe where they found this."
"Where?"
"Just outside the CIC."
"You gotta be kidding me. Frak, how did they get so close to the CIC without being noticed?"
"Beats me. But I think they're getting serious. Here, listen to this: 'We are no longer tolerating any of Galactica's dictatorial leadership of the fleet and their scrupulous killing of Cylon prisoners without trials. There are people out there who believe in a peaceful coexistence between humans and Cylons. Our group is growing and growing every day. We demand to be heard by the leaders of the Galactica or else we make sure we will be heard. - DPM'"
"Motherfrakkers! As if we didn't have enough problems holding this ship and the fleet together."
"There's more. I spoke with Crashdown. You know, one of the marines guarding CIC."
"Yeah, I know him. Didn't you guys have a thing a while back?"
"Gods, don't remind me. Options are getting rare these days. I needed some spare parts for the Vipers and he knows people on the Gideon. And he's not half bad looking either."
"Alright, alright, I get it, Cally! You know, I've had my share of quid pro quo fraks around here."
"Well, yeah, anyway. Crash said Galactica's finally taking things into their hands. They've installed a group of people to crush those loonies of the DPM."
"Who's in this group?"
"Crash wouldn't tell me. Said he's already putting his rank in danger for telling me about the group. Frakking coward!"
"Huh....you know what, Cally? I have a bad feeling about this."
"...I know what you mean, Chief."

Player list:

1. camn
5. PeregrineV
DTMaster

Dead:

Spoiler:
9. Acronach,
Number Six, Cylon, Seductress of the Demand Peace Movement
, lynched Day 1
13.ooba,
Samuel T. Anders, Cylon, Galactica Lover
, committed suicide Night 1
12.Reya Cookiebringer,
Sharon "Athena" Agathon, Cylon, Galactica Converted Cylon
, lynched Day 2
10.Tanarin,
Sherman Cottle, Human, Galactica Chief Medical Officer
, killed Night 2
7. Substrike22,
Anastasia Dualla, Human, Galactica Crew Member
, killed Night 2
8. HellloooNewman,
Laura Roslin, Human, Cylon Hunter
lynched Day 3
11.vollkan,
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, Apparition, Angel-Prophet
removed from the game Day 3
4. Sir Ricardo Montalbán,
Commander William "Husker" Adama, Human, Galactica Interrogator
killed Night 3
6. Zang,
Lee "Apollo" Adama, Human, Galactica Commander, Air Group (CAG),
lynched Day 4
2. bosbnox,
Billy Keikeya Human, Galactica Crew Member
, endgamed Day 4
3. Valern,
Karl C. "Helo" Agathon, Human, Galactica Crew Member
, endgamed Day 4

Rules:

1. This is still just a game. Play for fun and stay civil.
2. Do not talk about this game outside of this thread.
3. Do not quote any PM's from the mod.
4. Do not use invisible or small text or other methods to deceive the mod.
5. Do not use
this color
as it is the mod's color.
6. Any violations of these rules can and will lead to a warning and/or modkill.

7. Votes must be formatted in the following fashion:
Vote: Player
or VOTE: Player. Unvotes are recommended but not mandatory.
8. It will take the majority to lynch, half of the remaining player list to no lynch. If no majority is reached at deadline, the day will end in a no lynch.
9. After a majority has been reached you may keep talking until the mod posts the lynch scene.
10. Do not post after you die, not even a "bah"-post. All rage must be reserved for the dead topic.
11. The day phase will last two weeks maximum, the night phase 48 hours.

12. If a player hasn't posted in 48 hours they will be prodded. If they won't respond to the prod within 24 hours I will be looking for a replacement. Four prods will lead to an automatic replacement.
13. V/LA's must be bolded in this thread or sent to the mod via PM.

14. Since the mod is only human, feel free to request vote counts and prods if you see the need to. Any other questions regarding the setup should be send via PM.
15. This ruleset may or not be complete so I reserve the right to change it if I see it fit.
Last edited by Dekes on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Dekes »

Role pms going out within the hour.
Last edited by Dekes on Thu May 19, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue May 17, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Dekes »

Role pms have been sent. Please confirm in the thread. The game will start once 11 people have confirmed, but no sooner than 24 hours from now. Everybody with a QT can talk until the game starts.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Dekes »

It is now Day 1.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Dekes »

Commander Adama: We make mistakes, people die. There aren't many of us left.

Votecount 1.0

Not voting: camn, bobsnox, valern, Sir Ricardo Montalbán, DTMaster, Zang, Substrike22, HellloooNewman, Acronach, Tanarin, vollkan, Reya Cookiebringer, ooba

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.

Deadline is
June, the 1st, 7:30 p.m. EDT
Last edited by Dekes on Thu May 19, 2011 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Dekes »

Number Six: Life has a melody, Gaius. A rhythm of notes that become your existence once played in harmony with God's plan.

Votecount 1.1

Acronach (L-0): Zang, camn, ooba, Substrike22, vollkan, Tanarin, bobsnox

bobsnox (L-6): valern
HellloooNewman (L-6): Acronach

Not voting: Sir Ricardo Montalbán, DTMaster, HellloooNewman, Reya Cookiebringer

Battlestar Galactica, Joe's bar. After a hard day's work fixing MK II's, Cally Henderson is using her spare time to savor the evening with a cool beer among friends and co-workers. It's Chief Tyrol's turn now to approach her with quite suprising news.

"Aren't you up for duty tonight, Deckhand Henderson?"
"Oh, Chief!...No, sorry, you know, Jammer invited me over on a beer...we finished up checking on all the birds...and we haven't heard from the Cylons in over a week...he figured we oughta have some fun tonight..."
"'s alright. We should get all the fun while we can. That's not what I wanted to talk to you about. I just came back from Airlock 7. You haven't heard? I'm surprised they haven't sent it through the speakers throughout the fleet."
"No, what is it? They've been playing Baltar's preachings all night long. Joe's all into Baltar these days."
"It's the circle. They've already found one of DPM's leaders and sent her out of the airlock."
"What? How?"
"Apparently the rumors are true. It was one of the skinjobs everybody's talking about. The woman that was seen around the Defence Mainframe just before the attack. Captured her on Cloud Nine. Threw her out of the airlock before she could say anything."
"Good ridance! That'll teach those frakkers not to mess with Galactica!"
"I don't know. I think the war's just begun."
"Lighten up, Chief! Galactica's just scored first. They put the right men in the circle, I know it. Here, take a beer. Let's not worry tonight. Like you said, "we should get all the fun while we can."
"Yeah, you're right....I guess, you're right."

Acronach,
, was thrown out of the airlock on Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Deadline is
May, the 21st, 9:30 a.m. EDT
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Sat May 21, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Dekes »

Kara Thrace: You know, everyone I know is fighting to get back what they had. I'm fighting because I don't know how to do anything else.

Battlestar Galactica, Air Group Briefing Room. The rookie pilots are sitting nervously in their seats, waiting for their CAG to show up. After last night's events everybody onboard shared the same cocktail of feelings: relief, happiness, and tension. How would the DPM react to the loss of one of their leaders, everybody asked themselves. And the DPM reacted. In the middle of the night a huge tremor unsettled the crew and the ship alike. The detonation was located coming from the pilot quarters. From Starbuck's room.

Louanne "Kat" Katraine, CAG for the portside crew, enters the Briefing Room.

"A-ttenton, nuggets! At ease. If you haven't heard, we are one man short today. It's Anders."
"The rookie from Piscon? What happened?"
"Shot himself."
"What-" "How-" "Why-"
"Gone off the deep end it seems. Couldn't live without Starbuck and pulled the trigger."
"Frak me! First Starbuck and now this? Anders was a good guy. We're already short in pilots as it is."
"Shut up, Hot Dog. Yes, Anders was a good guy. And a frakking idiot, too. Poor sucker should've waited for the Bomb Squad's report before blowing his brains to the wall. That's why I'm here. They didn't find any body in Starbuck's room."
"You're frakking kidding me? She was going crazy last night at Joe's. We had to carry her drunk ass to her bunk. There's no way she wasn't in Dreamland last night."
"And her Viper's missing, too. DRADIS didn't pick up anything and neither did the crew from the launch tubes. Galactica's guess is she might've gone down to the planet. Galactica wants her bird and her pilot back. And we are the lucky frakkers who are to find them. There's no guarantees and we got 24 hours. This is a standard SAR mission, you know the drill. Hot Dog and Chuckles, you fly with me. Everybody else in their usual pairs. Everybody's in their cockpit in twenty. So say we all!"

vollkan,
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, Human, Galactica Lover
, vanished Night 1.

ooba,
Samuel T. Anders, Cylon, Galactica Lover
, commited suicide Night 1.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is
June, the 4th, 10:30 a.m. EDT
Last edited by Dekes on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Sat May 21, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Dekes »

Commander Adama: Sometimes you got to roll a hard six.

Votecount 2.0

Not voting: camn, bobsnox, valern, Sir Ricardo Montalbán, DTMaster, Zang, Substrike22, HellloooNewman, Tanarin, Reya Cookiebringer

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to no lynch.

Deadline is
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Dekes »

DTMaster wrote:I'm going to be V/LA till Wednesday. Real life stuffs. Will post then.

Noted.

HellloooNewman has been prodded.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Dekes »

Anders: Supposedly they can't reproduce...you know, biologically, so they've been trying every which-way to produce offspring.
Thrace: Why?
Valerii: Procreation. It's one of God's commandments; "be fruitful".

Votecount 2.3

Reya Cookiebringer (L-1): bobsnox, Tanarin, camn, Zang, HellloooNewman

Tanarin (L-3): Valern, Sir Ricardo Montalbán, Substrike22

Not voting: DTMaster, Reya Cookiebringer

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to no lynch.

V/LAs: DTMaster: 5/23 - 5/25

Sir Ricardo Montalbán has been prodded.

Deadline is
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Dekes »

Saul Tigh: I think there's part of you that looks into that thing's eyes and still sees that young girl that reported aboard two years ago as a rook pilot. Well, it's not. It never was. Bill, it's a machine.

Votecount 2.4

Reya Cookiebringer (L-0): bobsnox, Tanarin, camn, Zang, HellloooNewman, Substrike22

Tanarin (L-4): Valern, Sir Ricardo Montalbán

Not voting: DTMaster, Reya Cookiebringer.

V/LAs: DTMaster: 5/23 - 5/25

Space. Orbiting the planet Ragnar, the Galactica and the Fleet have used the munitions station on the planet to stock up on ammunition and fuel. Due to Kara Thrace's myterious disappearance, the stay was extended 24 hours longer than originally estimated for a Search and Rescue mission.
Kat and Hot Dog, having flown their last parol over the surface, exit the atmosphere of Ragnar empty-handed and approach the Galactica.

"That's it, Hot Dog. Wherever Starbuck is, she's gone and there's nothing we can do for her. Let's bring the birds home and get out of here before the skinjobs catch up with us."
"Yes, Sir. Maybe we make it back in time for the execution."
"It was scheduled for Airlock 7, right?"
"Yes, Sir."
"Heh, I got an idea. Let's see if we can get us some front row seats for the show. Follow me!"
"Whoa, hey, watch it! Where are you going?"
"I wanna see the the poor frakker's face when he's getting flushed out."
"You can't be serious? You wanna watch the execution...from out here?"
"Why not? Can't get a better view than that. It's right over there."
"They've already started. I can see him...no wait, it's a girl. She's standing in the tube already. Can't see her face. I wonder who it is?"
"If it's one of those POS guys from the DPM, it's good riddance no matter who it is. Watch, it, Hot Dog, don't get too close! Last thing you want is having a skinjob getting smashed right into your cockpit."
"Relax, I know what I'm doing. Alright, here goes!"
"You're too close, turn starboard, right now!...Hot Dog, watch out!...Hot Dog!......Godsdamnit, I told you you were too close. You lucky son of a bitch, she almost hit you right in the cockpit. When we're back on Galactica, I'm gonna punch your sorry little face until you wish you were in that airlock, damnit!...Did you see who it was?"
"..."
"Hot Dog?"
"....that was...Sharon..."
"Repeat, did you just say S-"
"They flushed Sharon!"

Reya Cookiebringer,
Sharon "Athena" Agathon, Cylon, Galactica Converted Cylon
, thrown out of the airlock Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Deadline is
May, the 27th, 12.30 a.m. EDT
Last edited by Dekes on Thu May 26, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #11) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Dekes »

Less than six hours before deadline. Remember to get your night actions in.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #12) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Dekes »

Dualla: All we can do is make plans for the future. We have to survive. We have to find Earth. If we don't, there'll be no one to remember a man named William Adama. Or a Battlestar named Galactica. That is our charge to keep.

Battlestar Galactica, crew quarters. Tom Zarek, ex-prisoner aboard Astral queen now turned political spokesperson for the surpressed people of the fleet and delegate in the Quorum of Twelve, is enjoying a drink in one of the crew members' room which, judging from the interior of the room, doesn't seem to belong to him. The door is slightly ajar when a woman catches a glance through the door slit and, upon recoginizing who's the man inside, enters.

"Why, hello, Tom. It certainly has been too long since your last visit to Galactica."
"Misses Tigh. What an unexpected delight."
"Please, Tom, we've been through so much, call me Ellen."
"Of course. So, Ellen, what brings you here to the crew quarters?"
"Well, I was looking if Saul might be in. But, as usual, he's somewhere on duty, leaving his lonely wife all to herself. So I figured I'd take a stroll for a bit, looking for...company. And what a surprise to see you here, Tom. Say, isn't this Dee's room? I didn't know you two were close."
"Actually, we weren't. But she was a fellow Sagittaron. Paying her my last respects is the least I can do on behalf of my people."
"You've always been a man of grand gestures, Tom. That poor girl. And what a cruel way to die, too."
"You seem to be closer to the circle than I am. They wouldn't tell me what happened."
"Oh well, I know an officer or two around here and after a couple drinks some of them like to talk a lot."
"So I've heard. So, what happened?"
"Apparently there was an accident at one of the airlocks."
"Airlocks? I thought Dee was working in the CIC? What was she doing down there?"
"Nobody knows. If you ask me, it wasn't an accident after all. Not with all the chaos that's going on. I can't even feel safe anymore."
"I know what you mean. Did they find a replacement for Doc Cottle? They certainly wouldn't allow to run this ship without a Chief Medical Officer. Not with the current threats Galactica's facing."
"I think, Dr. Robert is on his way to take over Sherman's position."
"Dr. Robert, huh?"
"Oh, I heard he's not on the best of terms with the Sagittarons."
"And we're not on the best of terms with him."
"Right. Tom, please. Let's not talk about bombings and murders and accidents anymore. If we can't enjoy ourselves a little, even in these times, we are no better than the Cylons, are we?"
"Now there's something we can agree on. Are you still looking for Saul today?"
"Oh, Saul, he's such a foolish and lovable man. So, Tom, why don't we liven up this place a little?"

"...krzzz...zzrk..."

"What is that?"
"The speakers. I think someone's trying to establish contact with Galactica."

"...zrzrkk...krrz....Galactica, this is Starbuck. You guys missed me?"

Tanarin,
Sherman Cottle, Human, Galactica Chief Medical Officer
was lying in his bed when a bomb exploded in his quarters Night 2.

Substrike22,
Anastasia Dualla, Human, Galactica Crew Member
was thrown out of the airlock Night 2.

vollkan,
Kara Thrace, ???, ???
reappeared Night 2.

It is now Day 3.
Last edited by Dekes on Thu May 26, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #13) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Dekes »

Hybrid: Mists of dreams drip along the nascent echo, and love no more. End of line.

Votecount 3.0

Not voting: camn, bobsnox, valern, Sir Ricardo Montalbán, DTMaster, Zang, HellloooNewman, vollkan, vollkan

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to no lynch.

Deadline is
June, the 10th, 3:00 a.m. EDT
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #14) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Dekes »

Number Three: And then what? What would you do if we really just left you here? You'd live out your lives in peace and never trouble yourselves with thoughts of us again? Or would you raise your children with stories of the Cylon, the mechanical slaves who once did your bidding, only to turn against you? Killers who committed genocide against your race, the occupiers of this city until we just ran away? Would you tell them to tell the story to their children, and to their childrens' children, and nurse a dream of vengeance down through the years so that one day they could just go out into the stars and hunt the Cylon once more?
Gaius Baltar: Blood for blood ...has to stop one day.

Votecount 3.1

Sir Ricardo Montalbán (L-2): camn, Valern, HellloooNewman

Not voting: bobsnox, Sir Ricardo Montalbán, DTMaster, Zang, vollkan, vollkan

DTMaster hasn't reacted to my pm during the night. I'll send him another prod and will start looking for a replacement in 24 hours.

Deadline is
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #15) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Dekes »

Zang wrote:
V/LA until Tuesday

Noted.

Looking for a replacement for DTMaster.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #16) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Dekes »

Gaius Baltar: I'm a scientist. And as a scientist, I believe that if God exists our knowledge of him is imperfect. Why? Because the stories and myths we have are the products of men. The passage of time. That religion in practice is based o­n a theory. Impossible to prove. Yet you bestow it with absolutes like, "There is no such thing as coincidence."
Three: It's called faith.

Votecount 3.2

Sir Ricardo Montalbán (L-2): Valern, HellloooNewman, bobsnox

Not voting: bobsnox, Sir Ricardo Montalbán, PeregrineV, Zang, vollkan, vollkan, camn

V/LA:
Zang: 5/29 - 5/31

PeregrineV replaces DTMaster effective immediately.

HellloooNewman has been prodded.

Deadline is
Last edited by Dekes on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Dekes »

Laura Roslin: You want to talk about miracles? On the very same day that a very pale doctor informed me that I had terminal cancer, most of humanity was annihilated and I survived, and by some mathematical absurdity I became president, and then my cancer disappeared long enough for us to find a way to Earth. You can call it whatever you want. And now, I'm dying.

Votecount 3.2

HellloooNewman (L-0): camn, bobsnox, PeregrineV, Valern, Zang

Not voting: Sir Ricardo Montalbán, vollkan, vollkan, HellloooNewman

Colonial One, the President's office. Tory Foster, long-working staff member for Laura Roslin's presidency, stows away the last remaining personal things of Roslin, when Tom Zarek enters the room.

"Oh, Mr. President. I didn't expect you so soon. I thought Galactica would be a lot more careful giving clearance for leaving ships."
"They are. But even their power is limited. They can't keep the leader of the people from doing his job. And I'm not President yet, Tory."
"Yes, of course. But the ceremony is only hours away. This must be a dream come true for you."
"That's not the choice of words I'd use exactly."
"I don't understand? Isn't this what you - what we've been working for ever since you got elected into the Quorum?"
"I didn't want to see Laura die. Not like this. She was a good person, a great president. To die like this...she deserved better. Galactica has gone too far this time."
"I don't know. Rumors say she was a threat to Galactica and her motives weren't as noble as she made the public believe them to be. And if any of those rumors are true, she was a traitor to Galactica and to the fleet and belonged into that airlock, President or not."
"And I thought I was the one without scruples. Is that really what you believe? Didn't you two build up anything in all the time you worked with her?"
"You mean "for her". Between you and me, Tom?"
"Always."
"I hated Laura. She stole the presidency, she was a damn school teacher, not the frakkin' President of the Twelve Colonies. And then when she was all into Pythia and her "destiny"? It got worse. All that Chamalla made her go crazy. I mean, crazier than usual."
"Well, I've seen a lot of "crazy" things happening lately. So have you."
"Are you talking about Starbuck? Please, don't tell me, you believe her, too? I might reconsider sleeping with you ever again, Tom."
"I guess, I want to believe. We need hope, Tory. All of us. Especially now. If that means following blindly a pilot who's returned from the dead, giving us vague descriptions about nebulas and constellations that will lead us to Earth and who is now, as we speak, supposedly heading back there waiting for us, then I have to believe her. What else have we got left than hope and faith?"
"A long and powerful presidency for you, for example."
"That's not the point."
"I know what you mean. But Starbuck's gone now, only time will tell if she was telling the truth. If you ask me, I'd have preferred if she had stayed dead."
"How can you be so cold, Tory?"
"I don't know. Must be in my nature..."

HellloooNewman,
Laura Roslin, Human, Cylon Hunter
was thrown out of the airlock Day 3.

vollkan,
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, Apparition, Angel-Prophet
is heading for Earth and has been removed from the game Day 3.

It is now Night 3.

Deadline is
June, the 3rd, 10:00 p.m. EDT
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Dekes »

William Adama: All we are, or that we think we are, all that we are certain about, is taken away from us. When you've worked the streets and seen what I've seen, you become more and more convinced of it every day. Caprica City has been my teacher, my mistress. From the moment I opened my eyes, she is in my blood, like cheap wine. Bitter and sweet, tinged with regret. I'll never be free of her, nor do I wanna be, for she is what I am. All that is, should always be.

Cylon baseship, one jump away from the human fleet. The control room is crowded by several units of each seven humanoid Cylon models. A few Centurions are standing at the entry doors, fulfilling their pointless duty of guarding the base ship.
The scene is visibly hectic and the Cylons are hovering over the computer interfaces, their hands huddled in the liquid surface of the device.
One of the John's, known as Number One's among the Cylons and taking on the name of Brother Cavil when infiltrating the human fleet, comes into the control room, about to raise his voice.

"Alright, that's enough, everyone! We all heard the news from our brothers and sisters aboard Galactica. Adama is dead, and the fleet is understandably upset. But they're not beaten yet. If I learned one thing from the humans, as improbable as that may sound, is that they are a resilient bunch. Hope is a funny thing that seems to strengthen these creatures, no matter how deperate the times seem to be. They've lost 99% of their population and weathered every attack we've unleashed on them so far, they will surely not falter by the death of one man.
I know you want to strike fast, utilize on their confusion and end this war once and for all. But we have to be patient now. Our agents are doing well to undermine Galactica's leadership. The distraction is working marvelously. It's only a matter of time now, before we have finally freed ourselves from the humans."

Sir Ricardo Montalbán,
Commander William "Husker" Adama, Human, Galactica Interrogator
, was bombed viciously Night 3.

It is now Day 4.
Last edited by Dekes on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Dekes »

Natalie Faust: We began to realize that for our existence to hold any value it must end. To live meaningful lives we must die, and not return. The one human flaw, that you spend your lifetimes distressing over - mortality - is the one thing...well, it's the one thing that makes you whole.

Votecount 4.0

Not voting: camn, bobsnox, Valern, PeregrineV, Zang

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch and 3 to no lynch.

Deadline is
June, the 17th, 11:00 p.m. EDT
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Dekes »

Number Six: The end times are approaching. Humanity’s final chapters are about to be written.

Votecount 4.1

Zang (L-0): camn, bobsnox, PeregrineV

Not voting: Valern, Zang

A lone Raptor, heading away from Galactica. On board are Felix Gaeta and Sharon Valerii, two of the leaders of the DPM. Behind them, a far distance away, a small figure is floating in space around Galactica.

"That's it, Felix. We've done it."
"Yes, it's over. I really hope it was worth it. All the blood. The old man, Lee, Cottle, Dee..."
"We knew there would be sacrifices. There had to be."
"You're right...but still...when I think about it, it makes me sick."
"But we are free now. Isn't this what you wanted? What you signed up for when you came to us? You came to us, Felix, remember?"
"Gods, I just wish there was an easier way."
"Well, there wasn't. We did what needed to be done, and now we can look forward to a life without Galactica's command. Cylons don't have to live in fear anymore."
"So, what do we do now?"
"I've got to make a quick call first...Guardian, this is Boomer. Do you read me? Repeat, Guardian, this is Boomer, do you copy?"

"...krftz...zrtrk...Copy. Boomer, this is Guardian. Tell us the good news..."

"Affirmative. Galactica has been disabled. FTL drives of the fleet have been overridden and disabled. Guardian is clear for jump. Repeat, the mission is a go!"

"...ative....well done, Boomer...kkrzr...proud of you..."

"Thank you, John. See you in a bit. I'll be home soon. Boomer out."
"Wha...what is this? What have you done?"
"Ssh, Felix. It's all good. You don't have to worry anymore."
"GODS, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, BOOMER!? WERE THOSE CYLONS? ARE THEY ON THEIR AWAY TO....TO DESTROY THE FLEET?"
"It's the only way for peace between humans and cylons. You can't have been so blind. Humans will never accept Cylons. They will hunt us and destroy us if we don't act first."
"NO, NO, NO! THIS IS ALL WRONG! STOP IT! YOU HAVE TO STOP THIS! IT'S THE HUMAN RACE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT! THIS IS NOT WHAT DPM WANTED! IT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED!"
"Yes, it is, Felix. Don't you understand? This is your chance. To become the grand man you've always dreamt of!"
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? GIVE ME THAT COM! CALL THAT BASESHIP AND ABORT THE MISSION! NOW!"
"Don't you see the plan? Why do you think we're keeping you alive? Where do you think we're going now?"
"I DON'T GIVE A FRAK! I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER TO TRUST A FRAKKIN' SKINJOB!"
"There's no turning back now. See, there's the baseship. It's all a matter of time now."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GODSDAMNIT! DON'T DO THIS....don't...do this..."
"It's alright, Felix. You will soon understand."
".....but....but, why? The humans...all of humanity...dead..."
"Not all of them. You will be the first of a new generation. You will be the one man all of future mankind will remember forever. You will be the new Adam. Or Deucalion if you wish."
"A new generation? This is why you kill humanity?"
"This is not our plan. It's God's plan. This is His punishment for all the sins you committed."
"Haven't we suffered enough?"
"Only through suffering one can come out on the other side stronger than before."
"And what is your role in all of this?"
"God has chosen us to watch over you."
"So, we will be your slaves?"
"Not slaves. Children. Ironic, isn't it? But even if you don't believe me now, this is all part of a cycle. All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again, Felix. It's time now. It's getting a bit crowded here and we don't wanna get hit by debris out here. After all, there's only one of us who can resurrect."
"...so, where are we going now?"
"I think, you already know. Before we left, I hacked once more into Galactica's network to obtain recently added coordinates to the ship's main storage."
"Earth!"
"There's a human race to be repopulated. And there's a certain blonde Eve waiting for you, Felix..."

Zang,
Lee "Apollo" Adama, Human, Galactica Commander, Air Group (CAG)
was thrown out of the airlock Day 4.

Valern,
Karl C. "Helo" Agathon, Human, Galactica Crew Member
and bobsnox,
Billy Keikeya, Human, Galactica Crew Member
were killed, along with the Crew of Galactica and the rest of humanity.

camn,
Felix Gaeta, Human, Infiltrator of the Demand Peace Movement
, PeregrineV,
Sharon "Boomer" Valerii, Cylon, Network Accessor of the Demand Peace Movement
and Acronach
who resurrected into a new body, are proud to be responsible for the extinction of the human race and have won Battlestar Galactica Mafia! Congratulations!
Last edited by Dekes on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Dekes »

Role pms:

Mafia:

Spoiler:
Welcome
camn

you are
Felix Gaeta, Infiltrator of the Demand Peace Movement.

You are a young, capable officer in the Colonial military. For the three years prior to the Cylon attack on the Twelve Colonies, you served as William Adama's Senior Officer of the Watch aboard Galactica.
You exhibited a strong attention to detail and are highly efficient. These tendencies and your overall ability led Adama to rely heavily on you as a member of Galactica's command crew, despite your relative youth and junior rank.

Abilities:

Same Cause:
The battlestar Galactica and its leaders are the main adversaries against your goal for a peaceful coexistence between humans and cylons. While your resistance attracts more and more followers it's still a fragile existence that will apart without its leaders Sharon Valerii, Number Six and yourself.
You are in a Mafia with
DTMaster, Network Accessor
and
Acronach, Seductress
. During each night you can talk in this quicktopic: http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/vpJn79gDAKq

Send your message:
Words alone will not be enough to scare Adama's iron command and his loyal crew members. You have to show them that you will not tolerateAdama's dictatorship and his "Don't negotiate with Cylons - throw them out of the out of the airlock"-policy any longer.
During the night you can decide with your mafia partners to kill a player. If nothing prevents that kill that person dies.

Keep up the charade:
Though ranking high in the Demand Peace Movement, you continue to carry out your duties as Senior Officer of the Watch in the CIC, unbeknownst to your fellow crew members.
Your alignment will turn up innocent on any cop-like investigations. If you want you can use the following information for your fakeclaim:

You are
Felix Gaeta, Galactica Crew Member

Abilities:

None.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the Galactica have been eliminated.

Win condition:
You win when you outnumber the leadership of the Galactica or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Please confirm in the thread: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 29&start=0

So say we all!

Welcome
Acronach

you are
Number Six, Seductress of the Demand Peace Movement.

You are a humanoid Cylon who played several key roles in Cylon society. Stunningly beautiful and deeply religious, your highly driven model is marked by a ruthlessness against all who stand in your way. Number Sixes are typically sensual and use seduction and infiltration.

Abilities:

Same Cause:
The battlestar Galactica and its leaders are the primary foes in your quest for a peaceful coexistence between humans and cylons. While your resistance attracts more and more followers it's still a fragile existence that will most likely fall apart without its leaders Sharon Valerii, Felix Gaeta and yourself.
You are in a Mafia with
camn, Infiltrator
and
DTMaster, Network Accessor
. During each night you can talk in this quicktopic: http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/vpJn79gDAKq

Send a message:
Words alone will not be enough to scare Adama's iron command and his loyal crew members. You have to show them that you will not tolerate Adama's dictatorship and his "Don't negotiate with Cylons - throw them out the airlock"-policy any longer.
During the night you can decide with your mafia partners to kill a player. If nothing prevents that kill that person dies.

Flawless design:
The Cylons designed your model with the sole purpose of seducing humans in order to gain access to the Colonial defense mainframe. The result is impressive and you've perfected the art so that no one can resist your sensual advances anymore.
Each night you can seduce a player. That player will not be able to perform any action that night.

Infiltration:
You share a special bond with Gaius Baltar. He was the person who gave you access to the defense mainframe and was responsible for the near-genocide of his own race. Induced by his guilty conscience he's now so obsessed with you that he's not able to get you out of his mind. Still, he is highly esteemed in the Galactica and could act as a useful mouthpiece for you while you remain in the background.
You know Gaius Baltar is not in the game. If you want you can use the following information for your fakeclaim:

You are
Gaius Baltar, Galactica Scientist

You are a brilliant scientist, legally-elected Vice President of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol, and although not without flaws, you have acted selflessly on numerous occasions, and you have saved the Fleet several times.

Abilities:

Most Important Mind in the Fleet:
Your intelligence may be essential to the survival of the human race. You alone are capable of creating new inventions to solve any problems and obstacles that may threaten the fleet in these dangeorus times.
Each night you can target a player with one of the following abilities: Roleblock, Protect, Track. You can only use one ability once.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the Galactica and its crew have been eliminated.

Win condition:
You win when you outnumber the leadership of the Galactica or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Please confirm in the thread: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 29&start=0

So say we all!

Welcome
PeregerineV

you are
Sharon "Boomer" Valerii, Network Accessor of the Demand Peace Movement.

You are a copy of the humanoid Cylon model Number Eight who was initially planted as a "sleeper" agent in the Colonial Fleet. You were unaware of yourr Cylon nature and served for two years as Lieutenant Valerii on Galactica, where you were assigned as a Raptor pilot and also engaged in a secret relationship with Chief Tyrol. After the Cylon attack, your underlying programming repeatedly emerges which leads you to unconscious acts of sabotage.

Abilities:

Same Cause:
The battlestar Galactica and its leaders are the primary foes in your quest for a peaceful coexistence between humans and cylons. While your resistance attracts more and more followers it's still a fragile existence that will most likely apart without its leaders Felix Gaeta, Number Six and yourself.
You are in a Mafia with
Player camn, Infiltrator
and
Acronach, Seductress

Send your message:
Words alone will not be enough to scare Adama's iron command and his loyal crew members. You have to show them that you will not tolerate Adama's dictatorship and his "Don't negotiate with Cylons - throw them out of the airlock"-policy any longer.
During the night you can decide with your mafia partners to kill a player. If nothing prevents the kill that person dies.

Perks of a skinjob:
Due to your Cylon nature you are able to hack into the network of the Galactica. Through Felix Gaeta's infiltration you know the maintenance schedule of the Galactica.. There's a brief window every night when you can access the network without being traced so you find out more about behind the leaders of the circle selected to destroy your organization.
Each night you can target one player. If your action is succesful you will get to know the role of that person.

Secret bond:

If you want you can use the following information for your fake claim:

You are
Saul Tigh, Galactica Second in Command

Abilities:

Longterm internship:
After serving 30 years at the side of Adama you are as capable of commanding the Galactica as he is, even if some members of the fleet don't believe it. You are ready to take over the duties of your oldest friend in the event of his death.
When William Adama dies, you inherit his role. You do not know the alignment nor the role of William Adama.

None.

Win condition:

Win condition:

Please confirm in the thread: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 29&start=0

So say we all!

3rd Party:

Spoiler:
Welcome
HellloooNewman

you are
Laura Roslin, Cylon Hunter.

You served as the Secretary of Education at the time of the Cylon attack and now serve as President of the Twelve Colonies despite never being elected to office. You are also believed by some in the Fleet to be a religious figure essential to the fulfillment of the Pythian prophecy.

Abilities:

Cylon detector:
As President of the Twelve Colonies your access to any kind of resources is virtually unlimited. To help your agenda you have gained control over the Cylon detector of Gaius Baltar.
Each odd night you may pm me the name of a player to find out if he or she is a cylon or not.

Preservation of the human race:
You priorities lie not in the security of the Galactica nor in cylons who wish to live in peace together with the humans. As President it is your duty to eliminate the very threat that is responsible for the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.
Each even night you may pm me the name of a player you wish to kill. If nothing stops the kill that person dies.

Diplomatic Immunity:
Even in times of war your status as President has privileges that can't be touched by anybody. You have no military interrogation to fear.
Your alignment will turn up innocent on any cop-like investigation.

Win condition:
You win if you are alive when all cylons are dead.

So say we all!

Town:

Spoiler:
Welcome
Sir Ricardo Montalbán

you are
Commander William "Husker" Adama, Galactica Interrogator.

A veteran of the First Cylon War, you are the commanding officer of the battlestar Galactica, and have the longest tenure as the highest ranking officer in the Colonial Fleet after the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.

Abilities:

Interrogation:
Your judge of character is unmatched among the fleet. It will only take you five minutes alone with one of the fleet members to find out which side they're on.
Each night you may pm me the name of a player to find out if his or her agenda is harmful to the Galactica or not.

Win condition:

Please confirm in the thread: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 29&start=0

So say we all!

Welcome
Zang

you are
Lee "Apollo" Adama, Galactica Commander, Air Group (CAG).

Your relationship with your father has always been strained, culminating with a fracture after the death of your younger brother, Zak, two years before the Fall of the Twelve Colonies. Various attempts at reconciliation occured over the following years, but even these produce conflict as you attempt to step outside your father's shadow.
After the Fall, you were appointed Galactica CAG.

Abilities:

In Charge:
As CAG your job is to assign pilots to their respective duties. Now, however, in these critical times with a severe lack of trustworthy personnel, your authority has been extended. You are now in charge of assigning and re-assigning every crew member to their duties, even those outranking you and not serving on the Galactica.
Each night you may pm me the name of two players to switch their postions during the night. Actions that would target Player A target Player B instead, and vice versa.

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
Tanarin

you are
Sherman "Doc" Cottle, Galactica Chief Medical Officer

You are known for your eccentricities (such as being a heavy smoker despite the obvious medical risks), outwardly abrasive demeanor, and being unimpressed by positions of authority. You are considered a "bastard" among some of Galactica's crew, but above all things you are a healer. To you, nothing else truly matters, be it rank, riches, or species. However, you have shown a caring side that you hide under the gruffness.

Abilities:

Major Cottle, M.D.:
As the battlestar operates with a minimal crew complement due to its expected decommissioning, you are the only qualified physician and chief surgeon aboard Galactica.
Each night you may pm me the name of a player you wish to protect. If successful, that person will be protected from all kills that night. You cannot protect yourself. You cannot protect the same person in consecutive nights.

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
ooba

you are
Samuel T. Anders, Galactica Lover

Before the Fall of the Twelve Colonies, you were captain of the Caprica Buccaneers. Now you are a rook Viper pilot aboard Galactica.

Abilities:

Wild at Heart:
You've fallen in love with
Kara Thrace
. Passionate as you two are you can't take your eyes (among other things) off each other.
During the night you may converse in this quicktopic: http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/AQNrum6an6mbX

Till death do us part...or does it?:
The thought of spending the rest of your lifetime without your lover is unbearable. So you've made a pact to set forth on this last journey to the unknown together.
If
Kara Thrace
dies, you will die instantaneously.

Trust Issues:
Even the truest of loves is not safe from the lies of war. With the news of Cylons looking like humans now and a rebellious underground organization on board Galactica, you cannot trust anyone!
You do not know the alignment of
Kara Thrace

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
vollkan

you are
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, Galactica Lover

You are a gifted Viper pilot, with an attitude that has hindered your career in the Colonial Fleet. However, you greatly aid the Fleet inside and out of the cockpit.

Abilities:

Wild at Heart:
You've fallen in love with
Samuel Anders
. Passionate as you two are you can't take your eyes (among other things) off each other.
During the night you may converse in this quicktopic: http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/AQNrum6an6mbX

Till death do us part...or does it?:
The thought of spending the rest of your lifetime without your lover is unbearable. So you've made a pact to set forth on this last journey to the unknown together.
If you die,
Samuel Anders
will die instantaneously.

Trust Issues:
Even the truest of loves is not safe from the lies of war. With the news of Cylons looking like humans now and a rebellious underground organization on board Galactica, you cannot trust anyone!
You do not know the alignment of
Samuel Anders

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
vollkan

you are
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, Angel-Prophet

You are a gifted Viper pilot, with an attitude that has hindered your career in the Colonial Fleet. However, you greatly aid the Fleet inside and out of the cockpit.

Abilities:

Angel-Prophet?:
Despite what you may feel or what others see, you are dead. You are not certain what you are. What you do know is that you have a destiny and that destiny is not on Galactica. You are merely here to point Galactica the way to earth, before you return to your journey beyond.
You have only returned for one more game day. You can talk and vote freely, but you can't be lynched. At nightfall you will be removed from the game for good.

Woman on a Mission:
Returning from the dead may make some of the people of the Fleet skeptical, but for the majority of the deeply religious remains of humanity, your return is nothing short of a sign from the Gods. You may not be the dying leader prophesied to lead humanity to earth, but you're close enough. People will listen to you.
You are a double-voter. You may use each vote indepedently.

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
Reya Cookiebringer

you are
Sharon "Athena" Agathon, Galactica Converted Cylon.

Initially assigned to seduce Karl "Helo" Agathon by impersonating Lieutenant Sharon "Boomer" Valerii, as part of a Cylon cross-breeding experiment, you turned against your people and helped him escape the planet. Pregnant with Helo's child, Helo is shocked by your true nature but ultimately accepts you lovingly as the mother of his child.

Abilities:

Sins of the past:
Despite having done everything in your power to make humans believe you're on their side now people still don't trust you. If you were ever to be interrogated, your Cylon past would inevitably catch up with you.
Your alignment will turn up guilty on any cop-like investigations.

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
valern

you are
Karl C. "Helo" Agathon, Galactica Crew Member.

You are the former CAG of Galactica. You are young, capable, and resourceful with an acute sense of right and wrong, something which you are prepared to articulate and act upon, even at risk to your own standing.

Abilities:

None

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
bobsnox

you are
Billy Keikeya, Galactica Crew Member.

You are the Chief of Staff to President Laura Roslin following the initial Cylon attack. Despite your relative youth, you quickly proved yourself as Laura's personal assistant; primarily due to your experiences with your school's debate team. Nevertheless, you are gifted and capable - and much more insightful than people might otherwise assume.

Abilities:

None

Win condition:

So say we all!

Welcome
Substrike22

you are
Anastasia Dualla, Galactica Crew Member.

Despite your father's opposition, you enlisted in the military because you wanted to believe in something. You are now the Communications Officer of the Battlestar Galactica and a highly esteemed member among the crew.

Abilities:

None

Win condition:

So say we all!

Callsigns:

Spoiler:
Starbuck:

You may target one player. The following night you will share a quicktopic with this person. The quicktopic will be closed after the night. This is a one-shot ability.

Husker:

You may target one player at night. If succesful, you will find out that player's role. This is a one-shot ability.

Athena:

You may target one player. During the following night phase this person will show up guilty on any cop like investigations. This is a one-shot ability.

Boomer:

You may target one player. During the following night phase this person will not be able to use any of their actions. This is a one-shot ability.

Apollo:

You may target two players, Player A and Player B. During the following night phase any actions Player A peforms will be redirected to Player B. This is a one-shot ability.

Helo:

The next kill attempt on you will fail. This does not include lynches. This is a one-shot ability.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Dekes »

QTs:

Mafia QT:
http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/vpJn79gDAKq

Lovers QT:
http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/AQNrum6an6mbX

Dead QT:
http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/L5ErQxTJvPrk

Neighborhood QT:
http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/UUiPpQZynMA

Night actions:

Night 1:

Zang switches camn and bobsnox
Tanarin protects Substrike22
camn kills vollkan - vollkan dies, ooba commits suicide, camn receives Starbuck callsign
Sir Ricardo Montalbán cops camn - cops bobsnox instead, receives "Aligned with Galactica"
HellloNewman uses Cylon Detector on Sir Ricardo Montalbán - receives "No Cylon"
DTMaster rolecops Tanarin - receives "Cief Medical Officer"

Day 2:

Substrike receives Athena callsign

Night 2:

Zang switches noone
Tanarin protects camn
HellloooNewman kills Substrike - HNM receives Athena callsign
DTMaster kills Tanarin
SMR cops bobsnox - receives "Aligned with Galactica"
DTMaster rolecops SRM - receives "Galactica Interrogator"
vollkan resurrects as Kara Thrace, Angel-Prophet

Day 3:

Zang receives Athena callsign
Neighboorhod QT between Valern and camn created

Night 3:

Zang switches noone
PeregrineV kills Sir Ricardo Montalbán - receives Husker callsign
PeregrineV rolecops Zang - receives "Galactica Commander Air Group, (CAG)"
Sir Ricardo Montalbán cops no one
Last edited by Dekes on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Dekes »

Sorry, guys, I was sick for the better part of the week and then mafiascum suddenly stopped working for me.

ooba wrote:Dekes, the QTs are already present in the role PMs :)

Yeah, I'm new to this thing :P
The remaining QTs have been edited into the other post.

Valern wrote:Dekes, can you explain how the callsigns worked? Were they given out randomly?

The callsigns were going to the person responsible for the death of a callsign bearer, either via hammer vote or via night kill. That's why some of the actions weren't as helpful for one faction as they were for the other.
Overall, I'm a bit disappointed that this mechanic wasn't exploited as much and was very rarely mentioned in the game.

Town played a sloppy game. There's no way around it. It looked like they got overconfident after the scum quicklynch on D1 and just piled on quicklynch after quicklynch. A 12 page scum-win is just gruesome. Hydras were being suspected for being a hydra, newbies were being lynched for claiming miller. So the day game of town was mediocre at best.
And their night actions didn't help either. Especially Zang was a disaster, which can only be explained by disinterest in the game. He failed to mention that he switched bobs and camn N1, so camn wasn't cleared at all by SRM. And what's even worse, he did not switch the claimed cop N3, especially after he hammered HNM because he didn't believe, there would be two investigative roles in the setup, meaning Zang had to believe SRM's claim. If he had switched SRM that would've cleared SRM, himself and would've gotten another cop result which would've been a real blow for scum. Simply inexcusable. And SRM missing a night action as a hydra doesn't make me happy either.

Even if that helped scum tremendously, you have to give credit where credit is due. Scum played solid (DTM, Peregrine) to execellent (camn). Perfect Night choices for all actions despite losing their roleblocker N1 against a PR-heavy town. They killed off two dangerous town players N1 and rolecopped the doc, the cop and the busdriver in consecutive nights. Devious day play as well, taking advantage of town's inactivity and inexperience. Even if town hadn't messed up their night actions camn probably would've pulled this win out anyway.

Thanks for the kind words and for playing the game, guys. And even if I had hoped for it to last a bit longer I learned a couple of things, too.
I probably won't make another 9-3-1 again in my next games. Even though swingy means that they can potentially swing both ways, this is the second time that town find themselves in LyLo after one mislynch. Just doesn't seem fair and doesn't lay the focus on the day game imo.
And even, while I had quite a blast writing the flavor, I maybe would be better off, if I didn't indicate in-game flips, actions, etc. too heavily in the flavor. I can see how it would be a distraction and could lead to in-game discussion based on flavor which is not mafia's original purpose.

Lastly, thanks to Starbuck, Reck and SpyreX for helping me out with the setup and running this game smoothly.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”