Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Maxous »

Well, you got the notice. I am replacing in here.

I should be able to read a lot of the game tonight (while I watch the soccer =D) and familiarise myself with the different rules.
No idea if I will be able to finish tonight but I see the deadline is in 3 days so I'll try to be quick about it.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Maxous »

Okay, finished the first read-through.
I finished late so I'll post my general first impression/thoughts and explain the reasoning with quotes etc either tomorrow or Friday.

Amrun is the number one choice for a lynch. Her suspicion on Kcdaspot looks quite artificial. - I'll explain this tomorrow/Friday

As for Kcdaspot himself something does'nt look right either. He accused GhostWriter of being mafia as GhostWriter was 'tunneling' on him (he was'nt) and that is 'what mafia do'(town do it as well). He dropped this suspicion of GhostWriter completely after GhostWriter stopped questioning him.
I.E. accusing GhostWriter of being mafia looked like a deflection.

Amrun and GreyICE are protesting
way
too much that Amrun and Kcdaspot cannot be mafia together.
Amrun at least twice mentioned this when somebody said Amrun and Kcdaspot are among thier 2 biggest suspects. This does'nt neccessarily mean they are mafia together but they are who that person thinks are the most likely to be mafia.
Amrun is not stating 'that is wrong because I'm town etc.' but driving in the idea that they cannot be
together
. This could fit with how she seemed to go out of her way to make Kcdaspot her top suspect early on (more on that, tomorrow/Friday) and Kcdaspot mentioning she is town every second post early game.

There seems to be bit of a case on Doombunney9 which I disagree with. His early post was misinterpreted - where he said the town should talk about things other than the game mechanics. People took this as 'the town should'nt talk about game mechanics at all' which is not what he meant (I think). The other accusation is buddying but I don't see it to be honest.

I did'nt think Ranger of the North was overly suspicious. He won't get a medal for great pro-town work but he seemed more disinterested than anything else. Ironically his replacement has looked more suspect.
However by the way, 'shot himself in the foot' is not saying your replacee was 'scummy'

Tragedy seems to be floating along here. Not neccessarily scummy as some town do it as well..but keeping an eye on her.

I'm unsure about smagaret after the read. I'll look over her again later and see if I can come to a conclusion..(I have a feeling I won't though)

The five players I did'nt mention, I think are town at this point.
Back later then =)
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Maxous »

Splitting this up between posts :

Zinger is too interested in defending himself by not getting lynched. Not that interested seemingly in finding the mafia.
Any and all suspicion on Doombunney is irrelevant to Doombunney's suspicion on Zinger and 'In any event doomster, you're not clean of suspicion yourself.' looks like a deflection.

@Zinger:
Zinger2099 wrote:
So far my biggest scum-read is Chronopie (now Maxous), for basically the same reasons GreyICE said in post #226. Also, Post #226 is the most town-efficient post I have seen from GreyICE thus far.

Why mafia?
Why not negligent town that was merely skimming the game?

On smargaret:

She says there is something fishy about KCD and Amrun and wants more discussion without asking. GhostWriter points out how suspect this is and she proceeds to ask questions to appease him. Appeasing town to try and get suspicion off yourself is not a good sign.
Before this post she said Ranger was 'not the scummiest player' and did'nt say anything about Doombunney. She just slipped them on the list while people were fosing them with no explanation..
Throws suspicion on the lurker. Mafia rather than town are more likely to take lurking like that and attempt to make a case out of it as she did.
Being in the knowledge that this is a town slot this post rang alarm bells. Completely bandwagoned on him with zero explanation as half the town was pointing the finger on Chrono.
RC asks 'what has Chrono done? This is a lurker lynch.' 'Well yeah it is a lurker lynch, but scum can lurk. And he is skimming' (which is more lurking), 'and has'nt taken a stance in his posts' (he called a scumteam)
She calls a scumpair. Next post. How the heck did this combination arise when she called a scumpair? She has no explanation as to why her read changed. (Note: That was'nt literally the next post but that was a correction to what she meant to say in the next post.)

Smargaret's suspicion progression:

Early discussion about/between KCD and Amrun - they might be scum together/ they are fishy
Ranger and Doombunney get suspected by members of the town - DB and Ranger are added to the list
Chrono comes under pressure and Grey is questioned by RC - Chrono and Grey are added to the list (she added Mist independent of town suspicion)
A lot of the town start thinking Chrono is highly suspect - Chrono is definitely scum
Grey becomes convinced that Zinger is mafia - Zinger goes on top of the list

She would be my top choice. Question though:

@ Smargaret:
smargaret wrote: and Maxous isn't doing much better than Chronopie.

What am I doing(or not doing) that 'is'nt much better'?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Maxous »

I have changed my read on Amrun a lot. I misinterpreted 2 statements from her.
First was her initial suspicion on KCD.
I thought the entire reason for the suspicion was his apparent rolefishing by revealing to the mafia(which he was part of) that he was not a doctor but the issue seems to be more I don't think town would do that not considering the consequences.

The second was her suspicion of KCD over 'the buddying' which I thought she only mentioned for the first time as a reason to suspect KCD
after
other people brought it up, however she did mention her suspicion of KCD before that. It was initially unclear as it was jumbled beside her reasons for suspecting smargaret. Still it was there.

That's why I have gone from near convinced of Amrun scum to thinking she may well be town.

As for my suspicion on KCD on review it seems he was basing his suspicion and vote of Ghost on a game in which Ghost was town as KCD was perceiving Ghost to be acting differently from then.
That makes sense as town KCD could see
Ghost acted like X as town in game A.
Ghost is acting different here, this is possibly because he is a different alignment.
It fits in somewhat with his gut reads of the likes of Mr.Trow and Amrun.

Meh i think he is fine now.

imaginality wrote:
Kcdaspot, a different angle on your opening post: if your opening nameclaim was simply a random theme-related joke as you claim, why did you say "Discuss."? What's to discuss about a joke? I can get you posting the joke to make people chuckle - I did - but the 'discuss' does look fishing-y as compared to, say, "Nameclaim: The Doctor. ;) "

This comes across as a curious comment.

@Imaginality: Straight up, do you think that comment was a joke or a rolefish?

Doombunny9 wrote:
Kcda wrote:in any case.... I may have to claim.... the nature of this game kind of warrants it...

You're allowed one post if you're one of the two candidates for a lynch. There's no reason to do it now unless it's that important.

About this, should'nt we ask for the claims before the one post in case we have any questions about thier claim? I.E. before the nomination process.
They won't be able to answer questions after the single post.

@GhostWriter: Seeing as you have suspicion on DB9 for 'buddying lanuage', I am curious on your thoughts of RedCoyote who is saying I like person X and Y and thier posts. 'This is why your bottom of the list GhostWriter' etc.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Maxous »

@Exe: At the time of my post what you had said about Doombunney was:
1) You think he is playing passively - meh
2) You have a gut-read on him and you stated that DB is saying KCD is 'useless' rather than 'scum' (he did'nt)
3) This - DB suspected KCD, there was nothing left to interpretation
4) He is mudslinging (I don't see how)

So what exactly did you want me to comment on?

Hypothetically though, even if I did miss some big case on Doombunney why would that give 'connection points' to him?

Another question: You expressed your dissatisfaction at RC appluading Ghost for saying 'to not to lynch the replacements' and accused RC of defending scummy people(the twon replacements included).
If you feel the replacements should'nt of been defended why did'nt you call Ghost on out it when he said they should'nt be lynched?

I am going to avoid posting my list for now until I get a bit of a response as my list could well change wildly.

Top 2 suspects are Zinger and Smargaret for reference.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #5) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Maxous »

1. smargaret - explained. (hopefully)

2. Zinger - Overly concious about people's opinion of what he says, too interested in people forgetting Ranger's actions and trying to discredit Doombunney's questions towards him by pointing out that Doombunney is also suspected. I see that as a mafia tactic.

3. Imaginality - I'm a bit suspicious that he only mentioned that he thinks KCD may of been rolefishing
after
the discussion is brought up again between Amrun and KCD. Why not earlier when he replaced in or soon after? Opportunistic maybe. Quite unsure about this also. I thought he might of been trying to twist Tragedy's words a bit to make her statement appear suspicious. So.. unsure of him.

4. Exe- Unsure about his attempt to push a case on Doombunney and how his attitude seems to be: Ghostwriter 'strongly looks town' therefore his actions should not be questioned etc.
8. GreyICE
9. GhostWriter
10. Amrun
11. Tragedy
12. KCD

If you are below the line I have no intention of lynching you today so don't worry too much about the order.

VOTE: Lynch
<=
Only one vote left
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #6) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Maxous »

GreyICE wrote:
Little surprised that Zinger vanished from the top 2 here. What promoted Exe up from #4 Maxous?

Exe wrote:
FoS
Maxous for taking Zinger (number 2 on your claimed list) off of your top 2. In fact, you took 2 of your top 3 out of your actual vote list. Care to explain why?

The switch was due to Zinger's roleclaim. Instead of claiming he is a vanilla town he referred to himself as
just a casual bystander
. I.E. he flavour claimed.

Without any flips or night periods I don't see how a mafia would know a flavour term for Vanilla Town. Being a mafia-aligned casual bystander makes little sense. (They are not bystanders)

For arguements sake even if he was a mafia goon with the flavour 'casual bystander', as mafia would you

a) Make a safe Vanilla town claim?
or
b) Take a needless risk in flavour claiming?

I highly beleive his claim is genuine. I can't think of any reason why the mafia would know that term.
Hence I put Zinger bottom of the list.

So in this context, Exe gives reasons why Doombunney is mafia and seems convinced about it but keeps two particular people on top of his list who
1) I know is town
2) I'm like 95% sure is town.

I suspect him more than Imaginality now, thusly I put him above Imaginality

As it so happens I think KCD is town as well but given the choice between somebody I'm near positive is town and somebody I think is town, I will have to vote for him.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #7) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Maxous »

Maxous wrote:
As it so happens I think KCD is town as well but given the choice between somebody I'm near positive is town and somebody I think is town, I will have to vote for him.

I wrote this before I seen KCD's claim.

Ehhhh shit.
That is a powerful role he is claimed and I do think he is town.
Deciding wheter or not to take the risk about my read on KCD being correct.

Amrun wrote:
Maxous: That's actually a very good point about Zinger. Why did you not say it before?

I would of said it if the thread was'nt locked immediatly after his claim :I
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #8) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Maxous »

Hmm well I did'nt think it would be gamebreaking but okay, if more experienced players here are saying that it would'nt happen then I will take thier word for it.

So ignoring that thought, my list would go back to the previous one I posted and therefore I will vote Zinger over KCD.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #9) » Fri May 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by Maxous »

KCD's role does sound a bit over-powered but I have read KCD as town in day 1. I'll go with my read.

MrTrow wrote:
As for Kcda`s roleclaim: 1 thing got my attention:
apart from the 'what`s so elite about a 1-shot' bodyguard, all attributes match his initial claim/joke: The Doctor (a regenerative(+/- bulletproof) JOAT with an unlimited timemachine).

So you think he was breadcrumbing?

Tragedy wrote:
So yeah, watching Zinger calling as Casual Bystander then not doing much isn't townie at all, even after voting for himself.

What do you mean by this?

@Exe:What was wrong with Mr.Trow's explanation for his top 2?

I agree with what somebody else said earlier that if KCD can only vig once I would suggest he either does'nt use it tonight or use it in an outside of the box way. There is a high chance that the mafia will be able to prevent or screw around with his ability.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #10) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Maxous »

A janitor hides night kills not lynches.(As far as I know)

It's not in the rules that the alignment of lynchees are not revealed so I would guess it is either caused by an ability(not sure what, but this game does have a unique mechanic of time travelling) or there is an ability to counter it (such as a mortician).
If there is a mortician i would recommend not claiming unless Zinger was mafia.

Number 1 suspect is still smargaret - my suspicion of her was'nt dependent on the Zinger flip.
However some of my other suspicions were - particulary Exe. A bit unsure about that at the moment.

KCD - Don't say anything about what you did last night.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #11) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Maxous »

Actually wait,
Maybe it's simply a no-flip game because of the possibility of reviving people.

Hmm, maybe it has nothing to with any abilities then.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #12) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Maxous »

Ah, fair enough then. I just never seen one before.

Tragedy, can you do me a favour and re-answer the question I asked from post#652?

P-Edit: He has claimed a one time vig-shot. I would rather he does'nt even hint if he used it or not.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #13) » Sat May 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Maxous »

RE: Mafia having time machines - It would be a lot safer to assume they do. Considering this is a theme game with a unique mechanic it would be a unusual if both sides could'nt avail of this mechanic.

KCD-729 wrote: there may be other time machine of equal and lesser power... say for instance there may be someone with a time machine that could go only 1 night or day to the future or the past.

Yeah that was in the rules somewhere.

KCD-742 wrote: i note where DB9 says he's a "town X" AFTER I clearly state as such.

Are you implying he is fake claiming?

Imaginality-746 wrote: i believe Doombunny9's non-specific PR claim, because he as good as claimed town PR yesterday, when he said he assumed everyone had a time machine.

I understand why you assume he has a PR.
Not so sure on why you assume that it is a town PR.
Maybe he was checking the town for example? Looking for a reaction.

smargaret-753 wrote:Trow (actions in discussion)

Can you explain please?

@Tragedy: Do you still suspect KCD?

Is the suspicion on Red Coyote based on Zinger being town or mafia? And in either instance..why exactly? Is it just for thinking Zinger was town?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #14) » Mon May 16, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Maxous »

RE: The connection between Mr.Trow and smargaret.

I would be lying if I said it never crossed my mind with them not mentioning each-other much and smargaret calling Mr.Trow's posts 'goodposting' but to be calling them scumbuddies without a flip is generally not a good idea. If smargaret does flip mafia - which I hope to find out sooner rather than later - then we can look into connections.
Does anybody have a reason why Mr.Trow is mafia apart from this possible connection?

Also for the record I will be assuming Worst Case Scenario that Zinger was town.(for MYLO/LYLO purposes later etc.) Hmm although I say this, I won't base my suspicions on the assumption Zinger was town..if that makes any sense.
To be honest he seemed to have a 'poor me' attitude.. he may of indeed self-voted as town.

Also, why would Zinger self-vote just to ensure to use a lynch janitor ability on himself? Can't the mafia lynch janitor target any lynch?
I don't like that reasoning from Amrun and I'm a bit concerned about why she is insisting so much that Zinger was mafia. I understand that she is acting under that assumption but why question Red Coyote about not beleiving it?

Not to mention there may not be a mafia lynch janitor at all.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #15) » Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Maxous »

Amrun-794 wrote:I'm not sure RC is town this game but I can't find anything to peg him as scum and this concerns me.

Why does this concern you?
If there is nothing to peg him as scum then he probably is'nt.

Okay, why do you think he is scum in this game then?
And why was'nt he in your top 4 list that you provided earlier?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (isolation #16) » Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Maxous »

RE: The Amished tell: I understand that this tell might be correct more often than not but it
does not confirm
Zinger as mafia.
It is a theory tell - possibly a succesful one in a lot of cases - but still a theory tell.

@Mr.Trow: Who
are
your main suspects as mafia in this game anyway?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (isolation #17) » Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Maxous »

Not liking Tragedy's case on Mr.Trow here.
Still feel Tragedy is town though. As for her case on smargaret..I have previously stated that I agree with it.
KCD still looks like town even if his reasoning about how he used his power seems a bit off. I think he may of just over-complicated things.. we will hopefully know more after N2.
Leaning Mr.Trow to be town here with recetn answers..although C-Worl unintentinally brought up an interesting quote about Mr.Trow beleiving Trag to be a 'poor town' then also calling her a 'slight scum read'..I'm wondering how I missed that earlier. :/

@Imaginality: I see Tragedy and Amrun are the top 2 of your list..would you beleive them to be mafia together in this game or a 'one of these 2'?

Ghostwriter made an interesting point in #856. I do have previous suspicions of Imaginality because of his posts about KCD rolefishing and Tragedy having inside knowledge. I'm unsure if I will put in the top 2 at the moment however.. either himself or Exe.

Emm.. sorry guys I don't have anything interesting to add at the moment.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (isolation #18) » Fri May 20, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Maxous »

KCD-865 wrote: C-worl i hope you know I didn't like that slot before.
I wonder if you could read DB9 and see what you think of him as a individual player.

If you suspect the slot just keep the suspicion...there is no need for C-Worl to comment on Doombunney's play.

Oh and Tragedy's claim should'nt of come as a surprise by the way.
I would imagine the mafia figured it out before night 1...

KCD-882 wrote:5. imaginality
6. Doombunney/C-Worl

Can you explain your suspicion on Imaginality..since he's above C-Worl and all.

As for the number of time machines scum have..Time Machines are basically Power Roles in this game yes?
Specualting on that is speculating on how many power roles the mafia has. Which could be 1,2 or 3.
So yes they have at least one and yes guessing about it is'nt going to get us anywhere..

Mr.Trow-886 wrote: All cases that are in any way dependent of zingers allignment are doomed to fail

I agree. Treat this Day period like a Day 1 period basically.

Tragedy - can I assume Smargaret and Mr.Trow are the top two of your list then? Who is number 3?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (isolation #19) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Maxous »

Something I missed first time..
smargaret- 883 wrote:
Maxous's 863 is goodposting. He moves down my list.

Don't mean to sound fussy about your town reads but what about that post made you think I am more likely town?(or at least less suspicious).
I thought that post would be called out for fluff if anything o_O

Tragedy - 891(In reference to imaginality) wrote: First, he says that Exe is good/obv-town, and it dropped in his next few posts.

Good point.
Imaginality, why did Exe rise up your list?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #20) » Sat May 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Post by Maxous »

imaginality-909 wrote: Exe rose in my list mainly due to his posting and scumhunting dropping off today

Exe has said he has been busy numerous times.
I have suspicions on the guy too but that is a null tell in this context surely... this is basically throwing suspicion on a lurker, which I find mafia are more likely to do and I am suspicious of why you did'nt mention this before, instead of quietly slipping him higher on your list.

imaginality - same post wrote: Maxous, can you explain what you mean by this post:

Maxous wrote:Oh and Tragedy's claim should'nt of come as a surprise by the way.
I would imagine the mafia figured it out before night 1...

because that last line makes it sound to me like you are sure Tragedy is town.

Oh, you are correct - I should'nt be assuming like that.
However I would be extremely surprised if she was mafia in this game - she comes across as very town to me - hence I wrote the post as if she is town.

Amrun - 910 wrote: Trow does look better to me after some recent posts.

How so?

KCD - 917 wrote:also what do you think of my post about grey?

Well it was weird that he said 2 kills on N2 don't prove KCD as town..whereas if there was only 1 kill on N1 that also would'nt prove KCD as town. Also with the scum kill coincidently missing, that could of been for any reason.
I would be more suspicious of Grey if he was voting KCD today, but he's not.
Although it would be nice if he was to explain his suspicion on Mr.Trow, sometime in this game..
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #21) » Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Maxous »

Exe - 924 wrote: GreyICE is obvtown. This wagon on him is scum driven, I almost guarantee. That or none of you have ever played with Grey before.

That would be Red Coyote, Kcdaspot and sorta Amrun(she has'nt been quite clear on this).
Which one is the mafia?

Amrun - 934 wrote: It's already out in the open that I'm a power role. Learn to distinguish between pr tells and scumtells.

So..you are basically admitting GhostWriter is correct about your survival over scumhunting.
And your response is 'you can't lynch me I'm a power role'.
Am I correct in remembering that you dropped these breadcrumbs for your role only after RC was questioning you and you thought you were going to get lynched?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (isolation #22) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Maxous »

I'm unsure about Amrun stating a growing feeling about GreyICE being mafia than lately saying her gut tells her he is probably town, not she is leaning town with him.
Amrun I'm going to need your top suspects please..

GhostWriter - 949 wrote: Imaginality, welcome to the wonderful world of reaction testing. I didn't have a good read on you, I threatened to vote you so I could see what would happen. Your reaction was scummy.

Just to absolutely clarify did you actually have a gut feeling about imaginality being scum when you made the post or was that simply a gambit you made to get a reaction from a null read?

Tragedy - 951 wrote: List of the Scum
1. MrTrow
2. Imaginality
3. Smargaret

I don't get why Mr.trow is first and smargaret is third. Is'nt your case on Mr.Trow that himself and smargaret are mafia buddies?
Also:
Tragedy - 970 wrote: 'Would've called GreyICE town, but his disappearance makes him null.

Is this your opinion on Grey? I'm not sure what that is referring to.

KCD - 952 wrote: yeah okay trag is not scum..

Well that was quite quick :neutral:
Oddly enough it increases my town read on you.

RC - 961 wrote: Yes, and I acknowledged that I picked them up with the advice that you might as well give a full on claim. Now, you wisely avoided this advice (although it was still risky to do so) and ended up not being nominated for a lynch.

Don't get this. Why did you advise her to claim if you think it was a better idea she did'nt?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (isolation #23) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Maxous »

Wait, more importantly Amrun: Did you actually suspect KCD as mafia during day 1 or was that just a ruse the whole day?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (isolation #24) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Maxous »

That is weird that a doctor get a sample VT role.

What do you make of this post guys?

She called my point about Zinger flavour claiming a good point in the knowledge she received a sample VT role?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (isolation #25) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Maxous »

amrun wrote: Kcdaspot's paraphrases of his role PMs fit too closely to mine to be fake. I've seen him fakeclaiming as scum and this isn't it

I am fairly sure amrun said she thought KCD's claim was fake..
Because his role was unusually named..when apparently her doctor role is as well?

..I'm not really buying this. I'm thinking we should'nt even have smargaret claim by this stage.

@Red Coyote: What were these role breadcrumbs she was leaving for you earlier? I missed them.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (isolation #26) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Maxous »

I'm gonna go to Amrun.
Her claim about the sample PM and beleiving/disbeleiving KCD's claim looks fakey.
Also smargaret might be dying anyway.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (isolation #27) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Maxous »

She used a cop power on GhostWriter for whatever reason.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #28) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Maxous »

Mr.Trow -1059 wrote: @Everyone: don`t just look at the 2 on the chopping block a.t.m.
there is a 2-vote difference in the top 5, 3-way tie for second place (we`re talking a november 12th, 1955 scenario here).
I`ll take a look myself after dinner

As in who all voted for them?
Tasky wrote:Amrun (5):
GhostWriter
RedCoyote
imaginality
smargaret,
MrTrow

smargaret (4):
C-Worl
Kcdaspot
Amrun
Maxous

imaginality (4):
GhostWriter
Tragedy
Maxous
MrTrow

MrTrow (4):
Tragedy
C-Worl
smargaret,
GreyICE

^
The colours are my thoughts. For clarification - green is strong town read, blue is less strong town read, red is scum read and pink is lesser scum read.
Amrun would of been pink and smaragret would of been red before the claims. :/

Little difference between my thoughts of those on the Amrun wagon and those on smargaret's.
Feel most comfortable about imaginality's, feel least comfortable about Mr.Trow's.

Still voting Amrun..
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Maxous »

Even if smaragret is mafia there is no way she could of known about an impendning nightkill...
But eh yeah - looks a bit bad that Grey was the target :p

Why the heck did imaginality die? The only thing I can think of was that the mafia made the action on N1 when imaginality was on most people's town lists. He was a likely mislynch target today.

KCD wrote: no. I killed no one N1.
I killed n2.
i was blocked.

How exactly does roleblocking work in this game?
Would the mafia of had to block you N1, N2 or either night to prevent a kill?

So it seems we
do
have a lynch janitor.
Amrun was more than likely mafia because of this. I found her insistence of having one in the game strange.
In my opinion we are dealing with 2 mafia left (under the assumption that we started with 3).
Zinger indeed has a history of self-voting as town.

Still in worst case scenario we are dealing with 3 mafia with 8 alive. Should we no-lynch as a precaution?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Maxous »

Oh pardon me.. Yes I was referring to the modkill and I was referring to Tragedy's comment above mine that seemed to be giving out to smargaret for targeting somebody about to modkilled. Should of been clearer :/

I see your point about Amrun being brought back to life. I honestly forgot the stuff about that. Okay, yeah we should lynch today.

About smargaret: As I outlined Day 1, I do have reasons to think she is mafia in this game. However mafia claiming cop would of been a high-risk gambit that she took when Amrun was the likely lynch of the day. Since there was only one person eliminated from the game - which was a claimed VT - it is likely the town has a cop. With nobody counter-claiming I am inclined to think she is telling the truth.
Somebody from the town would of countered-claimed, whereas I could see why somebody would'nt counter-claim Amrun being a doctor. Alternatively Kcd has protection abilities which could be acting as the 'doctor' of the game.

The most curious thing to me here is that Kcdaspot claimed he was blocked with his kill but smargaret was'nt blocked from using her cop power last night.
Could it be one of them is mafia and therefore lying? Another answer would be that Amrun was the mafia roleblocker I suppose..
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Maxous »

Wait I worded that wrong again.

What I was meant is that assuming the mafia know the role of the people that are lynched(like janitors normally do), smargaret could not of lifted the ability of a cop because the guy had claimed VT.
A cop is just normally likely.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Maxous »

@Mr.Trow - yes that covers it =)

By my thinking, KCD is only mafia if smargaret is mafia with him. KCD stated he vigged smargaret last night before any claim was made. If KCD is mafia and smargaret is town, KCD could of easily had smargaret killed N2 and went 'lol whoops well I made the shot N1 before any claim - there goes the cop.' That would of been an easy way to get rid of such a role. So he is still probably town.

Red Coyote (about smargaret) wrote:These seem like reasonable investigations

I agree. Theoretically it would be good cop play. It just looks bad that they're both dead.

Re: Mafia blocking KCD - they probably did it N1 to frame him when no vig kill went through. Then again the mafia knew KCD would vig one of smarg RC or Doombunney in that order (according to his suspicion list). If none of them are mafia then they would'nt of blocked his kill. So likely to be at least 1 there.
But I of course could prob name any 3 people in the game right now and say there is at least 1 mafia there. Point is keep that in mind - it might be useful later.

My list for reference

Amrun - prob mafia
Zinger - just in case
Exe - with imaginality gone he is the biggest suspect
Mr.Trow - not scummy but does'nt feel very town either.
C-Worl - I liked Doombunney for town so I'm willing to give this slot some slack
smargaret - claimed cop, no particular reason to disbeleive the claim, otherwise would be higher
Red Coyote - town read, but out of my town reads he would be the most likely to fool me
Tragedy - Town read, had a 'town-slip' earlier in the game
KCD - smargaret claiming cop has made it even less likely for me that KCD is mafia
Ghostwriter
Imaginality

I presume we no longer add GreyICE?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by Maxous »

smargaret - This post from Tragedy. I don't think a mafia would of pointed out thier fakeclaim PM had a different spelling than a claimed VT.
It's kinda like 'oh look my role PM is different than yours even though it's meant to be the same, so my alignment may well be different'.

And eh guys... 2 roleblockers on the town's side? Umm doubtful.
Doombunney not counter-claiming KCD seems a bit dodgy. Prob gonna need to update my list. (As in C-Worl is going higher)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Maxous »

Usually a vigilante would'nt get a message.
But a cop like smargaret(well supposedly :p) would.

Eh I'm actually gonna go back on what i said about the Doombunney slot a couple of posts ago.

Vote: Lynch

Re-reading around KCD's claim DB did'nt express any doubt or concern at all that KCD claimed to be able to roleblock. He just accepted that town would have 2 roleblockers? And assuming KCD is town we know the mafia blocked him - or doctored smarg I suppose, but more than likely blocked - so is there 3 roleblockers in the game then?
Doubt it.
DB also said 'we can give KCD a chance to prove his vig but if he turns out to be lying he can easily lynch him later'. In hindsight this looks like setting up a mislynch(because he knew he could block him)

C-Worl is no.1 on the list for reference - well, behind the lynches of course.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Maxous »

yep they were...

Okay, safe money now that C-Worl is mafia.
Only question is was that a distancing attempt? That claim looks so fake that it might be.

Meh, regardless we have our lynch for today.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Maxous »

Agreed.

Who as town would not only roleblock a damn claimed cop but then forget to tell people he did straight away after the cop claimed an investiagtion?
Can we move it on please?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Maxous »

Tragedy -
Rules wrote: 0.1.2 You are guaranteed that there is one and only one Mafia-faction and no third party in this game.

Assuming C-Worl is mafia my list will be:

C-Worl (surely mafia)
Amrun (probably mafia)
Zinger (just in case)
Mr.Trow (process of elimination by this stage)
Exe (goes below Mr.Trow given his interactions with Doombunney at the end of Day 1. Not impossible to be bussing but still..)
smargaret (cop claim)
Red Coyote (town read)
Tragedy (town read)
Kcdaspot (town read)
Ghostwriter
imaginality
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Maxous »

Jil - can you time travel with your ability?

I have a bit of a theory but I'll wait until after this question is answered.

I'm voting for C-Worl by the way.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Maxous »

Actually also

Mr. Trow - Can you give me the list that you sent in on N2? (after Amrun's and smargaret's statements)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Maxous »

Thanks Mr.Trow.

Going by imaginality dying N2 and GW dying N1 we can judge that the action to kill imaginality in the future was sent in on N1.
So consider this: you are mafia in D2, you know that imaginality is being night killed in the next night period.
What do you not want to happen? imaginality to get lynched. Your night kill would be wasted.
So when imaginality came under suspicion of being mafia and nearly lynched I would strongly lean that it was all town pushing - mafia would have little motovation to get him lynched, it would be counter-productive. Particulary when there was the possibility of getting others lynched.

imaginality (5): GhostWriter, Tragedy, Maxous, MrTrow, Kcdaspot
^ I suspect this wagon is all town. Or I would certainly explore this possibility first.

It is quite noticable how Amrun and C-Worl avoided it.
So the suspects would be - smargaret, RC, Jil/exe
smargaret has a cop claim - no reason to disbeleive one in a game with a mafia janitor(the town has to have some powers to counter-act that)
RC did not look like a bussing partner towards Amrun - Amrun was dropping power-role hints so RC would get off her case and stop questioning her and then got mad when RC would'nt. I don't think mafia Amrun would of dropped PR hints to her scumbuddy.

In conclusion I think it is Exe/Jil as the last member.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Maxous »

Null-tell.
I see it as mistaking Tragedy's post as asking for full-claims off everybody.

Not sure what to make of town suicide-bomber. It could be pratical in this set-up though.
I'm considering asking her to go back and bomb Amrun N1.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Maxous »

Last post before the night period.
I would rather Jil uses her power tonight. My choice would be Amrun N1 to get her flip but if you guys have better ideas that's fine.
Sending in the list to lynch C-Worl.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (isolation #43) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Maxous »

@Mr.Trow: If Amrun dies imaginality should be the lynch yes?
Also if the mafia have a
lynch
janitor they cannot hide the alignment of night kills. However even if they can hide Amrun's alignment they would still have to make a choice between C-Worl or Amrun.

It's my prefered action anyway but I'm open to other suggestions.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Maxous »

Explanation required please :)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by Maxous »

KCD wrote: do i need one?

I was referring to Jil.

Jil - 1269 wrote: ...I am a power role...just saying.

And this is the point where I would of voted for a lynch. Not even entertaining this.

KCD - 1273 wrote: in other news... i'm worried about max...

As in being scum?
Meh, just lynch Jil first. She might well be the last mafia of the game.

KCD - 1277 wrote: i want to bring this into discussion: me saving GW.

Spoiler:
Do it
Do it
Do it
Do it
Do it
Do it
Do it

Vote: Lynch

Power roles do not change for no reason.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (isolation #46) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Maxous »

^
I was just about to point that out.
Jil is mafia - no two ways around it. (even if that rule was'nt there you do not change from being a suicide bomber to a jailkeeper and use your jailkeeping power
during the night it is changed.
)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (isolation #47) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Maxous »

About the night kill BTW.
It is likely the mafia decided to send in a kill for N4 last night(like they did with imaginality)
smargaret I beleive you have a watcher power left? I would recommend it be used on whoever you think would of been a likely night kill choice
last night.

Unless KCD blocked someone? I can't remember if he told us.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Maxous »

I'm voting for Jilynne. She's mafia.
I would recommend RC does'nt even claim.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Maxous »

Oh and KCD - revive either GW or imaginality if you can.
It does'nt even matter if they participate or not afterwards, it will give the town more numbers and a higher % in the game of course =)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #50) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Maxous »

Hmm, well I did'nt mean increase from
right now
but in general.

Lynch and night kill will make it 5 players(1-2 scum, 3-4 town)... reviving somebody would make it 6(1-2 scum, 4-5 town)
Still works out better =)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (isolation #51) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Maxous »

Oh, you are right.
I thought Kcd just had a plain protection role, but he indeed has to sacrifice himself for it to work. Yeah that would be bad. Let's not do that :p

nevermind KCD, my bad

I'm sending in my list.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (isolation #52) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Maxous »

RC wrote: Let's try lynching jil. I'll claim tomorrow.

Sounds good.

KCD wrote: Revive GW, and kill myself. Y/N?

No.

I want to lynch Jil first and see if that ends the game.
If not then we'll see who the mafia's nightkill(s) are.
Then I'll look into other people.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Maxous »

Nice =)
Sorry about the mislynch Amrun :/
But Tasky I have to ask..why did Amrun get a sample VT PM and while KCD and smargaret did not?
Was Red Coyote basically a commuter?

As for the mechanics, mafia janitors are really frustrating but I thought everything else was good.
I enjoyed this game!
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Maxous »

Not to sound smart, but in a confirmed one-faction game we were not going to beleive that a mafia would be night killed by themselves.
We would of known they were town.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”