Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Vote: PranaDevil

It's the Grim Reaper mouse pet! Run for your lives before he takes us all!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Sun May 15, 2011 1:24 pm

GreyICE:

GreyICE, I agree with Lady Lambdadelta that this is bad logic, not only for the reason that she said, but because it makes no sense to be certain that just because there are four 6s, that two of them must be scum. The certainty of the post bothers me, and it's not something I easily see from town.

Lady Lambdadelta:

The question she asked I can see coming from a scum perspective. I didn't really see any harm that Amrun made in his speculation that could potentially favor scum. She probably used it so she can trip up Amrun and gained town points by throwing suspicion on Amrun. Her continued attack on Amrun continues to feel mechanical and forced. Some points she made in her attack are good, but it doesn't wipe away the scum read I have of her.

What's so important about placing a RVS vote? Only 1/4 of the game made a RVS vote and yet it's totally important to note that Amrun didn't place a vote. Please explain to me why Amrun not placing a vote at that time is more important than nine other players not placing a RVS vote.

This also gives me bad vibes. I don't like how she attacked Faraday for certainty, but ignored GreyICE's #8, which expressed uncomfortable amount of certainty as well.

The strong gut feeling I have on her makes her my favorite lynch candidate as of now.

Amrun:

Amrun seems to be making excuses to cover himself. Just because you don't have much to work on doesn't make falling under pressure and voting someone for the sake of voting less scummy.

When a person gives a semi-serious reason to vote, then it is not a RVS vote. Saying otherwise makes Amrun look like scum trying to shovel away scumminess like a scumbag would do.

Another beef I have with Amrun's posts is him saying "But everyone here could be town!" We don't know whenever or not everyone who has posted is town or not, which already makes this pointless to post. I also see this as an excuse for a person to not scum hunt.

Still, I don't really feel certain about Amrun scum. There are scummy things he has done, but I read it more as frustrated town acting scummy then scum cracking under pressure.

Faraday:

Not liking the way he's wagoned on Amrun. The attacks he's made on Amrun have been one-liners that doesn't say much of anything, which gives me the description that Faraday is trying to slip in the wagon without scrutiny. At least SpyreX gave a good reason for supporting the wagon and Slaxx last post shows that he's scum hunting on Amrun. Only major one I can find, but it's a pretty major one.

Conclusion:

I believe one of {Lady Lambdadelta, Amrun} is our best bet for scum, but not both. I see this as a Town Vs. Scum interaction and it really does feel like it. Of those, I think Lady Lambdadelta is more likely to flip scum.

GreyICE reads slightly scummy after her post, but I'll need to hear more from him.

Faraday is my second scum read mainly because of his horrible Amrun push.

Unvote, Vote: Lady Lambdadelta

FoS: Faraday
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #2) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Will post later tonight. Currently 110-ish, not sure how caught up I'll be by the end of the day.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #3) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Still not ready to make a full post, since I'm eating out and will not be able to catch up until I get back later tonight (On my iPhone).

But let me take a minute to call foul on the claim that I'm lurking under pressure. This is an active game, but that doesn't mean I'm lurking for not posting more than once a day. As a matter of fact, since this afternoon when getting home from school, I've been working on a post for this game. As I'm a very analyistic player, my posts takes time to make and calling me a lurker for not posting all the time is not going to get me to post any faster. Me posting once a day is a playstyle choice. This is to ensure that I play to my win condition, which is to find scum and lynch them.

Making half-hearted posts every two or three days just to stay off the radar is scummy, contributing to the game and saying everything in your mind as of the post you're up to date to once a day is not.

More coming after I get home.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #4) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Before I go back to real life, something quick to add.

@Papa Zito: Why the vote on PranaDevil? You've said nothing regarding him before and now he's the person you're voting.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #5) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm

I have read the game, but I'm going back to analyze it. Currently on Pg. 7, hoping to finish up tomorrow or Wednesday.

We should give Amrun a night to test his claim with the tracker following behind him to validate his claim. If Amrun Day 2 does not return a result/claim roleblocked and is targeted towards a night kill, he should be lynched. If Amrun does return a result, he is probably town.
---
Spoiler: Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta #98 wrote:First off, could you sit on the fence any harder SSBF?

LLD is scum because she attacks Amrun! But she makes good points~!

Amrun is scum for the points LLD made~

Seriously, bro?
Neither of these are fencesitting.

1. I voted you because the scumminess of your push on Amrun and other things I brought up outweighs the slight town moments enough to where I feel a vote is justifiable.

2. I said that some of Amrun's posts were scummy. I did not, however, called him scum, neither did I parrot the three points I made in the thread.
Lady Lambdadelta's #98 wrote:1) Are you saying it is antitown to try and create discussion and content? Also, since you agree with me that Amrun is scummy, how is my attacking him and pushing him here scummy?
You're spouting contradictions. This is what the question was designed to do. It was designed to get Amrun posting content and reads, so I could get a read on him. And he reacted scumily.
1. Obviously not. However, remember that mostly anything that isn't fluff is content, whenever that is replying to a question, asking questions, etc. As such, I have the right to call questions scummy and I did in your case. Producing content =/= it will be from town.

2. Like I said, I do not see those attacks from a pro-town view. It's not really realistic to expect players to have solid reads in the first page of the game when we're in a stage where not much information regarding players is around. The rest of my reason I've already explained, I'll repeat and expand upon it if necessary.

3. Not a contradiction. As said before, not once did I say that Amrun was likely scum, only that some of her actions was scummy.
Lady Lambdadelta #98 wrote:3) Uh, SSBF? Do you know how to read? Maybe you should read the repeated posts where I not only denounce GI's Logic, but also call him scum.

FURTHERMORE, the GI post wasn't a read based on a single post like Faraday's was. It was a setup speculation read.

So the situations are entirely different ANYWAY, and your connection and "contradiction" isn't actually there.
Regardless of whenever or not you think circumstances are different, I don't see how that makes GreyICE's post better then Faraday's. GreyICE's is worse because she dismissed anyone with a #6 in the draft with a 50% chance of scum with flawed logics and without taking into account other factors. The fact that you ignored that bothered me and still does to this date.
Lady Lambdadelta #98 wrote:Case Debunk'd. Next?
I'll give you #2, but it does not remove you from the scum list. Your fence sitting accusation is non-existence, I still don't see your attack coming from town, and I still find it hypocritical that you called out Faraday for certainty while doing the same toward GreyICE.
Lady Lambdadelta #109 wrote:1)Posted Setup Speculation in an attempt to look more town.
The same can be said for SpyreX, who went even more into set-up speculation then Amrun. If Amrun is scummy for it, then so is SpyreX.

Amrun wrote:I liked sss's points on LLD, but the way he backed off of me was strange. It's sort of like he wants to go with the crowd ... but then that doesn't add up with the rest of his post. So idk.
There was only one vote on LLD before I came to vote. That's hardly following the crowd. If I wanted to follow the crowd, I'd had voted you instead.
quadz08 wrote:SSBF's post is bad.
His point on GI has been made a jillion times,
and his points on LLD are all poor. He gives decent reasoning for Amrun-scum, then backs off with "but I'm not certain about it." I agree with his conclusions, but his logic to get there was terribad.
- Bolded. Agreeing with a person on a bad post does not make it parroting as long as you provide your own reason for it and not just snip off other people's reason. When I brought up my reason for my slight scum read on GreyICE, I was the very first person to call out GreyICE for uncomfortable amount of certainty in his post in voting Lady Lambdadelta. That is original thought.

And you're hypocritical for saying that I'm parroting others, especially with a reason like this:
quadz08 wrote:GreyICE's first post is useless, WIFOM-filled, and has no real merit.
Now this is unoriginal thoughts on a player. You basically summarized other people's thoughts on this and played it off as your own. There is nothing new you brought to the table with that post.

- I did that because his play (As of this post), when looking at it independently, can come from scum, but when I look at other's interaction with Amrun, I find an as likely, if not more so, circumstance that LLD-scum used the opportunity to trap Amrun-town into a pit where LLD-scum can throw suspicion on him and gain town cred for herself as Amrun is lynched. I highly doubt that both are of the same alignment, so I'm going with my theory that if Lady Lambdadelta is scum, Amrun is probable town and vice versa. I'm choosing the one I think is scummier, and that's the one I have a vote on.
GreyICE wrote:I like the idea of us as a town voting on the vig shots. That way if the shot goes astray, we know that the vig is scum. While vigging a scumbag isn't proof of town (ASOS) not vigging who we vote is proof of scum. Agree/disagree?
I have two problems with this. First off, there are no definitive ways to determine if a person is scum, not even choosing to vig Player A instead of Player B like ordered. Secondly, asking the vig to claim is a very bad idea, so how are we going to determine who the unclaimed vig is who choose to kill someone else?

On paper, the theory looks good, but it won't easily work out for those two major reasons.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #6) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Really sorry for the inactivity. In all honesty, I've felt apathetic about playing Mafia lately and realized that exams are affecting me more then I expected. If I fail to catch up reasonably by Wednesday, I will request replacement so that town doesn't have a dead weight for the rest of the game. Hopefully, stress in my life will clear out a little to ensure that I can catch up.

That said, might as well claim now, thought. I am a
Vanilla Townie
. Like quadz08, I also choose Tracker, but I did not get the role.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (isolation #7) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm

@Mod: I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to replace out. My interest in Mafia has pretty much dissipated completely and since I do not want to hold up content from this slot any longer, this is the best I can do for the town. I apologize to everyone for my craptastic play.

My team are going to search for a replacement for me, myself included, so don't worry about doing the hard work.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”