Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Hey guys! I'm BlenBlen's replacement, gonna do a read and will make a cheeky post later today.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

hey guys! So I read the thread, and I thought it would be fun to record my reactions to the game as I read it! its well interesting too cos you see how my reads change and stuff.

WALL OF WORDZ:

#7 Ok early on there was drama with Tuncali’s commenting on the RVS, I put that down not to scummyness but to new-ness.
#8 Scotmany12’s jumping on him could be worrying, unless he didn’t realise that there was more to Tuncali’s post than face value, in which case it is quite town-ish.
#10 Amrun’s jumping on the wagon initially piqued my suspicion, but since I have nothing against a cheeky early wagon to progress the game out of the hated RVS and into the serious stuff, it remains a neutral post in my eyes.
#14 Mozamis gave me early scum vibes with his assertion that the double vote was suspicious. He said this, yet didn’t vote on it, just placeheld. I dislike posts like this, they spread suspicion and paranoia, and are generally anti-town. Also I didn’t find Truant’s post at all suspicious. So an early scum read on Mozamis.
#15 Truant got really jumpy, really fast. Neutral read for starters. Raises his profile, and such offence at his vote? Both seem townish traits to me. We’ll see.
#18 hooray for questions! Early town read for PJ.
#23 I get an early scum vibe from OGML. He votes without explaining, gives a really quick answer to the question asked, doesn’t contribute at all apart from that.
#29 Amrun puts some good questions to Truant. They are from a “I wanna find out why you did this” perspective; this seems quite pro-town to me
#38 Scotmany12 again with a curious post. I agree with his point, lurkers are more likely to be scum, but it’s quite a low-key appearance in the game, kinda gives the impression of a post to appear active. Especially since he is accusing the lurkers of scumminess.
#39 Yeah Tuncali is town. Wayyyyy town.
#41 So far nothing to suspect Meransiel. Hasn’t looked like maliciously directing the action or anything, townie read.
#52 Meransiel must be an alt, surely.
#53 Ender posts without anything else. Eughhh
#55 I agree with my predecessor, Truant doesn’t look great with a quick copy-vote. Not enough to remove my town read on him though.
#58 mozamis assumes there are 2 scum. In a 13 player game? Perfect information=v. scummy.
#64 Again with a Scotmany12 quick post. However I agree with what he’s saying again. So neutral I guess…
#65 Meransiel has looked ok so far, but the whole “it’s a scum tell, but I don’t suspect it” reeks of laying down ideas, spreading confusion and suspicion, as well as buddying. Quite scummy.
#72 Scotmany putting his vote where his mouth is. Town read is now prevailing.
#74 OGML comes in with questions but no content. Scummy.
#79 lol code in a v/la message? I really hope Meransiel is being sarcastic here, otherwise its just plain dumb. (and a little scummy)
#80 Truant looking bad by trying to get people to swing to his vote.
#88 Scotmany= town
#93 I agree with my predecessor. I can’t see a huge amount to link Meransiel and Mozamis, apart from the fact that I have scum reads on the both of them.
#97 Moz and Mer almost team up in defence. Starting to see it now…
#102 Something I’ve noticed about Meransiel that interests me. From a logical perspective, he isn’t too great, making big deals out of little things, and getting the wrong ideas about stuff i.e. the whole code thing. Yet his knowledge of the game is good. Makes him difficult to read I.M.O. but im not gonna jump straight to scum for this guy. Not yet.
Oh but hey. Vote for Scotmany12? Really?
#103 Moz defends Mer. Odd choice, if they are being considered as scum together, makes no sense to openly defend him from Implosion.
#113 The wagon on Moz is made up entirely of people I have pro-town reads on. (apart from Mer)
#125 NPIAU comes in, nails my exact feelings about the whole game. Neutral. Lol.
#128 Meransiel is making some bad calls, but I don’t know what this says about alignment, possibly nothing…
#131 Wow. Truant will jump on anything! Sooooo suspicious, just looks like trying to get a wagon going.
#135 MrBuddyLee looks allright. More needed.
#140 OGML calls it so good with Mer being town, moz buddying. QFT.
#143 Mer is displaying classic townie being set upon symptoms. Massive town read.
#160 Moz doing absolutely nothing to help himself. “I might vote buddylee” for a silyl reason and just because everyone else is? Not buying it poppet.
#175 ohhhhh my days Mer is doing so much bad work. Lots of contradictions, and they are understandably getting picked at from PJ and MBL. Still don’t think it’s a scum read, just a misunderstood townie. I hope. Otherwise it’s a scum playing reeeeely badly.
#188 lol MBL does what I’m doing! Classic!
#191 PJ keeps up his pro town job he has been doing all game. Solid town read.
#192. WOAH. Im hoping for a jokey day vig claim?
#200 shit he’s being serious.
#205 Mer ad hom, stuff is getting nasty. Suspicious that he would get so upset at a day vig claim.
#210 I’m completely confused as to how to judge this PJs claim. Could be maverick scum, could be a townie gambit, could actually be a vig.
#215 Moz is just being plain anti-town here. Its annoying more than anything else.
#227 MBL brings up Moz’s history. Ah. That explains it. Guess its back to a neutral read for him then :)
#228 Awful tuncali vote
#246 Not sure how to read nopoint, he accuses a lot of people but doesn’t actually vote. Slight scum read
#261 Still really interested in Truant. He is giving me massive scum vibes.
#269 word brutha
#284 the game has kinda deteriorated here, with replacements, people not being around, Moz and mer continuing to play the same style.
#308 MBL vs Moz is boring, Moz is scummy, MBLs repeated attacks are boring.

as you can see, I got more bored/less was happening later on.

Basically I get massive scummy reads from Mozamis, from Truant and from Ohgodmylife (simply for inactivity and lack of pro-town effort)

I'm actually happy with where my vote is on Truant, he gives me massive scum vibes from his vote hopping and seeming desire to start wagons.

An important fact about me: I have never played a theme game before, and all the games I have previously played were fairly straight-forward set ups. Thus I'm a bit out of water with stuff like dayvig claims. The way I see it, I want to see the dayvig kill today, as it gives us more time to analyse before a mafia kill, and gives us SOMETHING to analyse (a flip and PJs possible motivations). Plus, when night comes PJ would be an obv kill. Also, this is all assuming that PJ is telling the truth (I tend to think he is simply because I get a pro-town read from him, and his claim timing makes no sense as scum)

I would be happy with a Moz day kill, but I also think that PJ should make up his own mind so we can analyse him after it happens :D
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

nopoint wrote: @Darkstrike: I don't vote? What chu smoking?
i'm not smoking anything, the fact that you would suggest that I am is both insulting and contra......LOL JOKE WEED IS AWESEOM.

in all seriousness, i gave you a cheeky iso and saw that you had voted. twice. comment withdrawn.

Nopoint, who do you think looks scummy apart from MBL and Moz?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Moz, your maths is fine, the mods isnt though, you only have 5 votes.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

yo MBL, what is your opinion on Meransiel? I'm having trouble with a read.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

@ MBL Went back and re-read your case on Mer, some good stuff being said there. I agree that there are inconsistencies and flip flops, but I really can’t see Mer as being a scum trying to influence the votes, he seems to vote on quite a personal level. I remember when I was new here, I was so keen to play that I posted ALL the time, and it often just came out like streams of consciousness, going back and forth on players. I would struggle to see Mer as a scum, to be honest. I don’t entirely agree that inconsistency=scum. Not in this case.

However I do agree with your point about those pushing for a Mer wagon. In my mind, trying to picture what I would do if I were scum, Mer seems like quite an easy lynch. I would be suspicious of OGML and Truant (CES) since they both jumped on that wagon. In my mind, two players I have scum reads on pushing for an easy lynch? That just reeks to me.

So yeah, pretty sure of Mertown, I’d look at those attacking him.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Amrun wrote: I have been far from the least contributive player, though. Far from it. You should think about that.
QFT. I'd personally like to see a bit more from OGML...
Amrun wrote:
There is another reason I did this that I won't share just yet.
ughhh. I really dislike when players do this. I've played in games before where mavericks have launched various ploys, all it does is give an all-purposes get out for anything suspicious, and make the player look like he's scumhunting without actually giving evidence of it. yuck.

that having been said, I have seen this sort of thing been done many a time by townies. The ploys rarely work, and they usually result in a mislynch due to the user looking so damn suspicious.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that having ploys to catch scum is fine, but dont be all "yeah I had a reason for <insert weird activity>, I won't share it jsut yet cos i'm trying to catch scum"- cos either way, it's really bad for the town.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Amrun wrote:Also, to answer his most recent post to me: I dislike playing my hand so publicly like that, but I felt the need to address kunkstar and thought that needed to be added so it would be clear I wasn't contradicting myself later.
yeah that's fair enough. I actually had a thought about it, and seeing as I'm fine with the town having ploys to try to catch scum, I thought, which alternative is better?

a) someone claims that they are doing a ploy, but doesnt tell
b) someone doesnt say, then later claims that they're actions were a ploy.

truthful or not, the latter option is much worse, so fair play Amrun. However, we WILL be expecting an explanation as to what your reasoning was later in the game. I will not forget :)

By the way, I like your wall-o-readz, gives some good insight. Hey Moz, wanna try one of those? I'd quite like to see your opinions on players other than Meransiel and MBL.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

mozamis wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Amrun wrote:Also, to answer his most recent post to me: I dislike playing my hand so publicly like that, but I felt the need to address kunkstar and thought that needed to be added so it would be clear I wasn't contradicting myself later.

By the way, I like your wall-o-readz, gives some good insight. Hey Moz, wanna try one of those? I'd quite like to see your opinions on players other than Meransiel and MBL.
not really. everone looks pretty town to me atm, apart from buddy lee.
wow. you really don't get this "how to be pro-town" thing do you? You have to look at other people and see what is suspicious, give us your opinions on other people, because it helps the town! Looks like we have to do this the hard way.

unvote

vote Mozamis

boom. thats -1. wanna post a scumlist now?

vote will be removed once you post your opinions on at least a few other people than just channeling MBL.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Mozamis wrote:Voting for me beacuse I don't want to post a scum list is hardly pro town btw.
dude, its not a case of "not wanting to post a scumlist" its a case of; you aren't helping the town out by offering opinion and analysis. Even with the threat of a hammer you aren't helping! I don't want to lynch you (at the minute), but can't you see how you aren't helping the town?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Scotmany12 wrote:Don't like Darkstrike's vote on Moz. Reasoning seems pretty weak. I get the impression that he doesn't actually think Moz is scum. Darkstike: why vote for someone you don't want lynched atm? If your vote is simply to pressure him into doing something, why tell him that?
Don't blame you. Yeah the intention was to pressure, but it clearly didn't work. I was hoping for some sort of reaction to being at -1, but none was forthcoming. Moz is doing nothing to hep himself, is annoying. You can usually rely on someone giving a panicked defence at -1 which will help explain their alignment, one way or another...

While you're here Scot, opinion on moz?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

oh and
unvote

no use for that now we have all deconstructed the actual risk to Moz. >_<
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

ahhhhh!

I'm really sorry that I've been away from the game, guys, I've had end of term and moving back from uni, so I apologise deeply. Now that moz is confirmed town (but dead), I will hopefully do another read through the thread and post again by the end of the day.

again, apologies for the absence!
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

PetroleumJelly wrote:4.) Darkstrike_11, your Post 313 continually bugs me for the same reason.

Essentially, your first several points are written in the past-tense; as if you wrote them after you had already read. But the remainder of your points are in the present tense, as if you are commenting as you read. Tell me true: did you edit your first few points after you had already done some reading?
I literally hadn't realised that happened! Having read back my post though, you are right. point is, I did the majority of the post in present tense because I was writing my feelings on each post as I read them: hence why you can see my feelings about players change in real time, and hence why I was confused by your dayvig claim to start, then realised that it was srs.

I guess the first couple of posts I tried to give some more facts about what was actually happening, to be honest with you I hadn't realised that I had changed tense, but the post wasn't edited post-reading at all.

PJ, were you surprised at moz's flip?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

hmmm... in all honesty, looking at the Moz wagon, I don't really like Nopoint or Apok. I need a re-read though, of course, but im crazy busy at the moment (as it would seem is everybody else...)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”