AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

My apologies, didn't get an email notification for some reason and didn't think to check mafiascum in a while, give me a bit to catch up.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Andrius wrote:NACHO I FUCKING EXPLAINED ALREADY. PARAMA HAS REASONS TO VOTE EXE AND THEY ARE VALID. I AGREE, AND RAISE EXE A VOTE ON HIM.
WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I NOT MADE CLEAR.
WHAT THE FUCK.

EVIDNEITIALLY I GOT THE WHOLE FUCKING VI CREW VOTING ME NOW. HOORAYFUCKINGRAY. THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.
ILL FUCKING CLAIM IF THREATENED WITH A HAMMER BUT ALL THE FUCKING VIS ON ME MEAN NOTHING.
THERE WILL BE HARSH WORDS AND BLOODSHED AND BLACKLISTS WHEN THIS IS SAID AND DONE.

CHESSKID ISN'T TRYING.
KATSUKI ISN'T DOING ANYTHING
ENDER IS FLYING UNDER THE RADAR BURNING MASON LODGES AS HE GOES
COOLDOG IS TUNNELING OVER ME BEING NICE AND "OH PPL CANT BE NICE IN MAFIA B/C IM A PRICK"

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I WILL CLAIM WHEN I HAVE SOMEONE WILLING TO HAMMER ME.
BUT THE VI-SQUAD DOES NOT MOVE ME.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THIS GAME
I get a flailing scum read a mile wide from this post. ATEs, Implicit appeals to consequences of actions, the works.

Especially considering that the "I suck as scum and would do this, this and this" is really wierd prior to any signifigant pressure and just comes off as overly defensive.

Cooldog is dumbtown.

If Andrius is town or there are multiple scum factions, Ender is scum, backed off WAY too easily, timid scum.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Heh? I just entered the game I haven't even finished reading it over. But based on what I've seen so far Andrius is the lynch I wanna push for today. We didn't even have a current votecount at the time regardless.
Plum wrote:OH YEAH
AdumbroDeus wrote:If Andrius is town or there are multiple scum factions, Ender is scum, backed off WAY too easily, timid scum.
NICE SETTING UP LYNCHES, SCUMBAG.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: AdumbroDeus

*narrows eyes*

Plum, I know you know that this type of reasoning is useful in catching scum, it's basing it on interactions. If it was somebody else that pressured him causing him to remove the vote then he could've been looking for an excuse to remove the vote. But since Andrius did it and he removed the vote with almost no provocation that suggests that he didn't like the attention he was getting from Andrius. But if we have one scum faction and one flips scum, it's unlikely the other will. Giving up when pushed by a scummate builds connections far too easily, I doubt any actual scum would do it, so if Andrius flips town it's a dumbtown maneuver.

Come on, you were much better then this in the invitational, what changed?

Nacho's probably town, scum wouldn't push themselves out so far to start a wagon off a single post.

Don't like the wagon-jumpers, since they contributed absolutely nothing.

Moreso Plum and parma because Parma is pushing for a quicklynch because "the day dragged on too long" when there's still signifigant time left before the deadline and no clear lynch target, and Plum should recognize the value of associative tells.

Chesskid's a null.

Decision on who needs to die when I've finished reading.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:52 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Nachomamma8 wrote:NICE TRY SCUMBAG.

BUT IF YOU CAN MAKE ASSOCIATION TELLS YOU CAN PUT DOWN A VOTE.
I'll put down a vote when I've finished catching up and know who needs to die toDay. Not before.

If you think that's a scumtell you're a dumbass.

Andrius wrote:
Adumbro wrote: I get a flailing scum read a mile wide from this post. ATEs, Implicit appeals to consequences of actions, the works.
If you know me, I'm clearly NOT flailing. I'm irate. There's a difference. Flailing is reaching for anyone within grasp to kill, I'm recognizing that most of the lurkers and like are town.
But they piss me off ESPECIALLY KATSUKI WHO NEVER SHAPES UP.
You got emotional to the point that you were lashing out at your entire wagon, you're flailing.

adumbro wrote: Especially considering that the "I suck as scum and would do this, this and this" is really wierd prior to any signifigant pressure and just comes off as overly defensive.
I HATE scum, and don't want to NOT be town. I'm uber-happy with my alignment here. In BNM I was PISSED when I was recruited from town into cult, and the CR (if he knows me) will know better than to recruit me.
While that may be true, I don't like you

Everyone after Nacho totally found any excuse to vote Adumbro.
We still have scum_Exe right in front of us.
And the VI_Squad to deal with.
adumbro wrote: Heh? I just entered the game I haven't even finished reading it over. But based on what I've seen so far Andrius is the lynch I wanna push for today. We didn't even have a current votecount at the time regardless.
But you quoted my most recent post, so did you actually read the thread and then hide it to avoid posting right now or are you just reading the post on the page you join in?
If you wanna check my history I haven't made a post on the site for quite a while prior to this one, the only reason I'm here was rote chance cause I remembered I'm on the list to mod for open and I wondered why I didn't get an an email from don'tpanic@mafiascum which indicates I got a PM. Then I see I have three PMs, a role PM, a prod, and a list mod PM. I asked farside to push my open game back and started working on the thread.

My reading strategy has been to catch up on the current page and do a combination of plowing through the prior pages and doing searches on people that catch my eye.
adumbro wrote: But since Andrius did it and he removed the vote with almost no provocation that suggests that he didn't like the attention he was getting from Andrius.
I take it you mean "since ender did it".

No I know Nacho better, and this could still be scum-nacho.
Yea.

Possibly, but he still leans nacho-town. Puts him too much in the spotlight if I end up dying cause I will flip town
Nacho wrote: BUT IF YOU CAN MAKE ASSOCIATION TELLS YOU CAN PUT DOWN A VOTE.
I agree with this.

And I know that deadline is in a couple days, and I'm willing to claim early (like R/F) to let you all shift onto another wagon without being in uber-panic mode at deadline.
Deadline's 4 days away, we have some time.

CooLDoG wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:
Andrius wrote:NACHO I FUCKING EXPLAINED ALREADY. PARAMA HAS REASONS TO VOTE EXE AND THEY ARE VALID. I AGREE, AND RAISE EXE A VOTE ON HIM.
WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I NOT MADE CLEAR.
WHAT THE FUCK.

EVIDNEITIALLY I GOT THE WHOLE FUCKING VI CREW VOTING ME NOW. HOORAYFUCKINGRAY. THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.
ILL FUCKING CLAIM IF THREATENED WITH A HAMMER BUT ALL THE FUCKING VIS ON ME MEAN NOTHING.
THERE WILL BE HARSH WORDS AND BLOODSHED AND BLACKLISTS WHEN THIS IS SAID AND DONE.

CHESSKID ISN'T TRYING.
KATSUKI ISN'T DOING ANYTHING
ENDER IS FLYING UNDER THE RADAR BURNING MASON LODGES AS HE GOES
COOLDOG IS TUNNELING OVER ME BEING NICE AND "OH PPL CANT BE NICE IN MAFIA B/C IM A PRICK"

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I WILL CLAIM WHEN I HAVE SOMEONE WILLING TO HAMMER ME.
BUT THE VI-SQUAD DOES NOT MOVE ME.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THIS GAME
I get a flailing scum read a mile wide from this post. ATEs, Implicit appeals to consequences of actions, the works.

Especially considering that the "I suck as scum and would do this, this and this" is really wierd prior to any signifigant pressure and just comes off as overly defensive.

Cooldog is dumbtown.

If Andrius is town or there are multiple scum factions, Ender is scum, backed off WAY too easily, timid scum.
I was sold on andy un-till this. This has to be the worst after catchup post I have ever seen. It burns opportunistic scum as well as a non-committal to vote. I don't like it.
unvote, vote: AdumbroDeus
Andy and exe are my next to scum in that order.
Lemme ask you this, if I was scum why wouldn't I vote? I had the perfect opportunity to do so while cloaking it in the wagon. I certainly gave a lot more reasoning then most people, it would've been easy to justify a vote and push a myslynch, especially when he was already at l-1, and the fact that since it was my first post with content in the game and the strong stance would mean that it would draw attention (even though he was an ostensibly safe target). Voting would've been the safe choice.

So why didn't I do it? Cause I hadn't caught up fully and wasn't settled on a target.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Getting this off my chest before mafiascum decides it doesn't like my network again and eats another post, then I'll do some responses

Let's take a look at Parama shall we?

Out of his posting history, how many posts with legitimate content has he made? Well, we have one list of reads with reasoning. Beyond that, wagon-hops with absolutely no real reasoning or addittion to the case to back it up?

Beyond that, one liners commentary on theory, not really adding to the game, and then wagon-hops.

Parama is attempting to appear active but is not contributing and is taking any excuse to wagon hop, he has one consistent target that he's voted for outside of the wagon, Chesskid. Given the lack of attention given to try to convince people to actually vote for chesskid and the laughable reason pinned chesskid as scum the wagon doesn't seem legit, something to stave off wagon-hopping objections at best.

Also, it's interesting to note that he didn't hop on Andruis' wagon.

Andruis is still scum for the reasons I said. Parama's a strong possibility for scumbuddy.

Ender is timid scum, but it's doubtful he's scum with Andrius.

Plum's reasoning for dismissing my reasoning makes a bit more sense, doesn't excuse the wagon hop though, but nothing else stands out as scummy or townie. Null leaning a bit scum.

Cooldog is dumbtown.

Chesskid is playing just like Stmoa mafia, I pegged him as dumbtown then, he's dumbtown now.

Nachos is town, too vocal in starting wagons, drawing too much attention.

Exe leans town, the case on him has no real merit and he reads sincere. Noobtown.

Katsuki is wagony and lurkish, but reads a lot like Stmoa, so I'm not sure. Nullish.

The rest as null so far.

So, here's who I wanna kill toDay.

VOTE: Parama

And for the love of god can we get off the exe wagon, he's town guys.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Exe wrote:
Adumbro wrote:Lemme ask you this, if I was scum why wouldn't I vote? I had the perfect opportunity to do so while cloaking it in the wagon. I certainly gave a lot more reasoning then most people, it would've been easy to justify a vote and push a myslynch, especially when he was already at l-1, and the fact that since it was my first post with content in the game and the strong stance would mean that it would draw attention (even though he was an ostensibly safe target). Voting would've been the safe choice.
Meh, this point is weak because the argument could've been made for the opposite as well. A quick vote without much reasoning could have been damning too if Andy was town, so I really am not convinced that you were particularly risky by not voting.
The fact still remains that you found Andy scummy but didn't actually take a stand on it, which reads as serious distancing. And mad scummy.

I still say Andy should die first, but I'm not going to fight an Adumbro lynch as deadline approaches.
But I HAD reasoning, that's the thing. If I wanted to toss a vote onto the easy wagon and ride it to the end, why didn't I? Why would I want not to?

Andrius wrote:
Adumbro wrote: You got emotional to the point that you were lashing out at your entire wagon, you're flailing.
I'm pretty sure I lashed out against near-EVERYONE, so that's not valid.
Actually, that makes it worse.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
AdumbroDues wrote:Lemme ask you this, if I was scum why wouldn't I vote? I had the perfect opportunity to do so while cloaking it in the wagon. I certainly gave a lot more reasoning then most people, it would've been easy to justify a vote and push a myslynch, especially when he was already at l-1, and the fact that since it was my first post with content in the game and the strong stance would mean that it would draw attention (even though he was an ostensibly safe target). Voting would've been the safe choice.

So why didn't I do it? Cause I hadn't caught up fully and wasn't settled on a target.
We have a term for this in my town. I don't quite remember it that clearly, but it has something to do with wine in front of me.
But, I'll play your scumbag games. Why would you as scum wait as long as possible before deadline to put down a vote? Oh, right. Because we can't question you on it, and because the person can't defend against.
GOOD TRY THOUGH.
Yet you haven't provided a reason why only scum would do it. In context it was pretty obvious that I was still only just getting a handle on the game and there was an easy wagon in front of me.

So don't tell me why scum would have done it, tell me why town WOULDN'T have done it. Keep in mind I literally just reappeared on the site, I've had no posts on mafiascum since well before the role PMs came out until that post (and if the absence was intentionally, did I psychically predict I was gonna be scum in this game?). So why does my explaination not make sense or why is it not something that a townie in my position would do?

Plum wrote:Before I forget: Yes, this is Irate!Andy, or JustPlainTickedOff!Andy. If he thinks he's being wagoned for a stupid reason Day 1, I'm going to go out on a limb and call that null.
AdumbroDeus wrote:*narrows eyes*

Plum, I know you know that this type of reasoning is useful in catching scum, it's basing it on interactions. If it was somebody else that pressured him causing him to remove the vote then he could've been looking for an excuse to remove the vote. But since Andrius did it and he removed the vote with almost no provocation that suggests that he didn't like the attention he was getting from Andrius. But if we have one scum faction and one flips scum, it's unlikely the other will. Giving up when pushed by a scummate builds connections far too easily, I doubt any actual scum would do it, so if Andrius flips town it's a dumbtown maneuver.

Come on, you were much better then this in the invitational, what changed?
Nice appealing to a game where I was scum, man :roll:. Anyway, I disagree as a general theory point. I almost never approve of trying to theorize associations or scumteam connections before any flips have gone down and scrutinize carefully any such premature associations because I find them distracting and useless at best. Besides the fact that yes, you're setting up lynches. You were preparing a place for yourself on the largest wagon without voting it too quickly or without some general sense of approval. But then you stated that if you were wrong, we should definitely be looking to lynch this someone else. That's setting up lynches conditionally, pushing one lynch but setting up a lock-target for when (hypothetically speaking) the first target flips, le gasp, Town - and
that
is scummy. So now I'm curious as to why you find me scummish for what seems to be a theory argument based on a quality of play you last saw
when I was scum
My point was why didn't you question the reasoning then, there was a great deal of it. But fair enough, your scenario is sufficently different and I don't wanna dredge this into a theory point. The interaction makes ender independantly scummy, but I don't find it likely at all that he'd be attempting to placate his scumbuddy with that post, he'd know to cross-vote and potentially bus or he wouldn't have gotten on the wagon at all.

I do find that people deciding to oppose theory points that they used to agree with tend to be scum unless there's some reason for the change (ex. the person can point to discussing it with another player). But your answer is satisfactory, it's a theory point, I think it's too public and good scum would look for townies that look scummy rather then prefering to set up for multiple lynches. Not that they wouldn't use the reasoning, I just don't see it as any more likely for town or scum to do.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
AdumbroDues wrote:Lemme ask you this, if I was scum why wouldn't I vote? I had the perfect opportunity to do so while cloaking it in the wagon. I certainly gave a lot more reasoning then most people, it would've been easy to justify a vote and push a myslynch, especially when he was already at l-1, and the fact that since it was my first post with content in the game and the strong stance would mean that it would draw attention (even though he was an ostensibly safe target). Voting would've been the safe choice.

We have a term for this in my town. I don't quite remember it that clearly, but it has something to do with wine in front of me.
Good ol' Nacho ninja'd me.

But yeah. Either way you be drawing attention. And in the post in question you make no mention of needing to catch up or being on the verge thereof or anything.

Speaking of. You say that you've been mucking around the prior pages and ISOs and whatnot. So. Notes/thoughts, ASAP. Now. I don't need complete, but I'm seeing a lot of defense from you and little in the way of scumhunting beyond the horribad Andrius-suspicion post and narrowing your eyes at various people who've voted you since. If deadline's four days away, I want to know who you want to vote for and why in the world I should vote him (her?) over you. Kthxbye.
But that's the point really, why is it necessarily something that only scum would do as opposed to something scum and a townie who hasn't fully caught up (and has bad expiriences with impulsive votes when not fully caught up).

As far as drawing attention, yeah, if I was trying to avoid catching attention and not commit, there are a number of ways of being more subtle, I think I'm good enough as scum to do that, so the only reason that I would've made an attention-getting post is if I either wanted to get attention or didn't care if I did.

Parama btw (totally didn't notice your kthanxbye btw, the prior post was in general).

AurorusVox wrote:Adumbro, why is Parama worse than Katsuki or Chess? Have you played with Parama before?

"Andy's still scum, but Parama is probably his buddy." ---> doesn't Andy make more sense for your vote, then?
Chesskid is just dumb and playing almost identically to the game I referenced. I'm convinced he's town and will not vote for him period unless he does something to change this drastically (I did in the game I referenced, it was dumb and I regretted, that game is also the reason I have a policy against voting before I fully catch up btw).

Katsuki honestly has more content and is less wagony, furthermore, he's playing similarly enough against to SitMOA that I'm not sure.

And no, cause I'm a lot more sure Parama is scum then I am that Andy is scum. Assuming Parama's scum given his offhand defense of him ("No, only the ones where people put him to L-1 for no reason <_<" - his 15th post) and that it was the only strong wagon he didn't join, yea, paramascum implies adrius-scum, but parama is scummier.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

chesskid3 wrote:Why is the adumbro wagon failing when he hasn't done anything to make it fail?
that long at l-1 without a hammer etc etc
makes his so likely tio be scum
why are we jumping ship?
Because there was no content in the case?

You of all people should know why I wouldn't wanna vote without making sure I'm fully caught up.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Parama wrote:
unvote, vote: Adumbro

This is the most response to your "case" you're getting <3
So, could you explain why you think I'm scum then?

Or for that matter why any of these 4 people are scum?

Adumbro
Andy
Exe
chesskid

I find it especially interesting that Andy's on your scumlist and you have never tossed a vote on him even though you've shown a love on wagon-hopping for everybody else and he's had a good strong wagon as well.

So in addittion to that, answer me this, what changed between your 15 and your 19? You were clearly defending him in your 15, why did you drop a HoS there? Why use a HoS when you VOTED EVERY OTHER TIME?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Parama wrote:
ender241 wrote:OMGUS?
He was already on my scumlist, but now he's attacking me so he needs to die first.
Defensive much? Why'd you feel the need to post the game?

quote="Parama"]
AdumbroDeus wrote:
Parama wrote:
unvote, vote: Adumbro

This is the most response to your "case" you're getting <3
So, could you explain why you think I'm scum then?

Or for that matter why any of these 4 people are scum?

Adumbro
Andy
Exe
chesskid

I find it especially interesting that Andy's on your scumlist and you have never tossed a vote on him even though you've shown a love on wagon-hopping for everybody else and he's had a good strong wagon as well.

So in addittion to that, answer me this, what changed between your 15 and your 19? You were clearly defending him in your 15, why did you drop a HoS there? Why use a HoS when you VOTED EVERY OTHER TIME?
I could.

But... I'm too lazy to do that. :igmeou:[/quote]

Only KevinM can pull that off.

Yeah, I like my scumpick, you can die now.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:10 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

CooLDoG wrote:@kat, yes we do have a nice town group going, I love that you ave to anounce it to the world, so the cult know who to recruit.
But here's the trick though, we figure out whose scum toDay and take out the recruiter (and if it exists, the other scumteam (parama/andruis probably)) and then the recruited members are orphaned and all they can do is vote. From there we no-lynch until all the townies are masoned together and win is the mason recruiter is still alive. If not, we just have a much longer timeframe. So yeah, it pays to concentrate on the scum that we have now.
Parama wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:
Parama wrote:
ender241 wrote:OMGUS?
He was already on my scumlist, but now he's attacking me so he needs to die first.
Defensive much? Why'd you feel the need to post the game?
Posterity. To prove to morons that I totally do this kinda stuff whenever I'm on fire with my scumreads and I know it. :cool:
Ok.

*reviews other game*

So why do your posts have so much more content in the other game (you have useless posts but almost every post you've made in this game is useless, whereas you have a reasonable proportion of useless to content posts in that game)? Why do you have about double the posts as of this point in the game you referenced? Why did you actually push your scumreads in that game and not this one?

Your play in that game has some superficial similarities to your play in this game, but frankly in that game you were trying to attract attention, while in this game you're doing everything in your power to avoid it, why?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:57 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Why so quiet, also parama needs more votes, deadline is less then 2 days away, let's move people.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Andrius wrote:Parama played like this in Frenzy too and was town.
I'm taking this with a grain of salt, because it IS how CR works, but he's consistent, so. :/
Ok, *takes a quick read on Frenzy mafia* reletively low on post count, but the posts themselves are quite aggro and have a lot more content. Granted I don't have time to read the entire game, but it seems to me that he was trying to bring attention to his reads in frenzy, not sculk in the shadows like this game.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Plum wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:Why so quiet, also parama needs more votes, deadline is less then 2 days away, let's move people.
FAAAAAKE

No really. If deadline is two days away and no one else thinks he's scum or wants to vote him,
and
you think Andrius is also likely scum . . . why are you rah-rah-ing the nonviable wagon and not voting the viable wagon on someone you've pegged as scum?
Cause there's still enough time to shift in a small? I'll move to Andrius if parama isn't a viable wagon at the 24 hour mark, but I'm a hell of a lot more sure of parama-scum then andrius-scum.

AdumbroDeus wrote:As far as drawing attention, yeah, if I was trying to avoid catching attention and not commit, there are a number of ways of being more subtle, I think I'm good enough as scum to do that, so the only reason that I would've made an attention-getting post is if I either wanted to get attention or didn't care if I did.
Dude, I'm underage, don't try to sell me this WIFOM.
Why does everybody misuse the term these days?

It's not wiform, it's a matter of knowing people's skills, I had no reason to attract, if that was merely an attempt to keep my options open it would've been easy to be much more subtle about it. Have you ever read my scum-games? I suggest you take a look at my play and then tell me if you think I wouldn't be able to pull off being able to jump on Andrius' wagon while not committing to it in a much more subtle manner. Oh maybe I could have made the "mistake" of not being subtle on purpose and then explain it away by pointing out that it was a mistake I wouldn't have made as scum, but what possible reason would I have for drawing that much attention? It's still an inherently far inferior result to just being subtle and not being caught.

So why?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:45 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

UNVOTE: VOTE: Andrius

Ok, parama toMorrow then. Also, it's doubtful I'll have a chance to be on for the rest of the day.

@
cooldog:
Care to explain why?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:01 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

VasudeVa wrote:Fuck, that marathon game lasted longer than it should have. Big post has been downgraded to moderately big post.

I have been ignoring this thread due to other games sapping the LIFE FORCE out of me. *cough* Andy *cough*, so here's a real read.

Andy's been making lots of excuses with his play. I've been thinking about this and maybe I have been a bit harsh/biased on him that I'm provoking tells rather than them coming out naturally like they should be. Plus I recalled that it has been a while since I've had a game where I interacted with him. Andy rage seems genuine. If there's something weird about his play it's the 'I want alliance -> no i don't.' stuff. But it reads like general Anderp-iness.

AV is scummish. Early "Andy speculation helped me out" reads ungenuine.

Exe is incredibly passive aggressive. However his stances are
very
put together.

AdumbroDeus, I have already played with. He's pretty dull and is mislynch bait. I seem to remember him flailing like this in /inv11 where mith et.al pretty much ripped him apart. He displayed all the scumtells in the wiki from the best scumhunters in the site... but he still flipped Town. I'm not really comfortable in lynching him. I'm fairly certain he'll flip Town even if I don't want him around(but if we really can't decide on a lynch so be it.).

Unvote

---

I want to propose something. If there is one thing the Cult leader should do..
It's to lurk his ass off. It's the best way to win as a Third Party. You don't attract scumshots, vigshots if you don't post too much. An active lurking cult leader is DANGEROUS too. Once he gets some cult members, there will be chainsaws ahoy and the remaining Townies will find it hard to trust each other. Active lurkers are a bitch to lynch too. Everyone will keep expecting a vig on him. But few vigs ever do. (And I somehow doubt a vig in this game. Just a feeling.)

Therefore, I propose we lynch an active lurker. If we threaten active lurkers with a lynch, then the cult leader can't really lurk his way into victory.
The following are lurkers:
Vas(not recommended, but I'll admit I am/was.)
Katsuki
ender

Vote: ender

I'm not dull, I'm just a lot better as scum and my primary experience comes from another site with a drastically different meta.

Also, there's no way an Ender wagon will take off with less then 2 hours till deadline, between me and andrius atm.
CooLDoG wrote:you are posting text walls with nothing in them. All fluff, no stuff.

I have walls of text?

Exe wrote:Yeah, Adumbro's posting is bad. I'm reading this Parama wagon as an attempt to curb the whole "scared of voting" case on him by picking a completely different target and pushing it hard. With how much time he spends explaining which options would have looked the least scummy, I have no problem believing that this whole thing is just one big act to convince us all he's being too daring to be scum.
Then prove it, tell me what was wrong with the reasoning? Yes it could be an awesome act, so could everything, but you have yet to explain why, instead you just ASSUME it's a scum tactic.

Just as nobody here seems interested in explaining why anything I did doesn't make sense in context for town.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:03 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

ender241 wrote:The reason i haven't been posting much is that the marathon games have been taking all my time up (Lucid dreamers FTW).

I think it's safe to say Adumbro and Parama aren't on the same team, i think active lurking is quite bad and i'll make sure not to do it anymore. More content coming in a few hours or so :) .
Your massive timidity is what makes you almost definately scum.

Speaking of which, totally forgot...

@vas:
You missed one, parama is decidedly an active lurker.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

It is now, 6:05 EST, deadline is 7:31.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:22 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

VT.

I wasn't flailing at all btw, offered a perfectly reasonable explanation cause I was trying to start posting content before having fully caught up and parama is fake contributing and needs a spot on your list, he was flying completely under the radar till I brought him to task. If he flips scum that has a teammate toDay, Andrius is almost definately that teammate (too much subtle defense then distancing by putting on a scumlist without any development whatsoever). Ender's a good scumpick too, but as I said before, him and Andrius together are very unlikely.
Exe wrote:@VV: While your active-lurker argument makes perfect sense, I don't see the likelihood of an Ender wagon this close to deadline. And a lynch is far better than no lynch.
ADD wrote:Then prove it, tell me what was wrong with the reasoning? Yes it could be an awesome act, so could everything, but you have yet to explain why, instead you just ASSUME it's a scum tactic.
This is a completely ridiculous defense, and I see it used SO often on this site, particularly by scum. Someone accuses you of attempting something subversive, and you respond with "then prove it!!" whilst completely knowing that it's IMPOSSIBLE to "prove" that anyone is doing anything.
You can't PROVE that parama is just bandwagoning, and isn't actually just playing his usual town meta.
You can't PROVE that Andrius is scum-raging instead of town-raging.
I can't PROVE that you're scum and this is an act.
Why? Because we're not psychic, so I don't KNOW what you are thinking.

And that's where these wonderful tools such as analysis and scumhunting come into play. Because we have to decide for ourselves who is scum and who is town.
And the fact stands that I think your push on Parama is an attempt to appear too un-cautious to be scum.

Now, I actually must contradict myself. There is
one
way to "prove" whether or not your scum.
Unvote.
Soon-to-be-vote: ADD.
Giving you time to claim, but I can't see much that will save you at roughly an hour from deadline.
Incorrect, you can establish that town in the given situation wouldn't do what was done. If I was, as I said, still reading the game and figuring out who to vote, why wouldn't I decide to not toss it out on somebody that was l-1 a few posts ago if I wasn't sure he was my first choice for lynch or at least a compromise lynch.

Or you could show my reasoning is faulty, why is Parama's play different this game? At the very least it's telling that in the referenced games, at the same point in the game he posted a lot more and the posts have much more content.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:40 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Exe wrote:[quote="AdumbroDeus]Incorrect, you can establish that town in the given situation wouldn't do what was done. If I was, as I said, still reading the game and figuring out who to vote, why wouldn't I decide to not toss it out on somebody that was l-1 a few posts ago if I wasn't sure he was my first choice for lynch or at least a compromise lynch.
Right, but the thing is there is always gray area. Rarely do people do things as scum that they would NEVER do as town, and the opposite is true as well.
Sure it's
possible
that you're genuine and doing these things as town, but that doesn't mean I think you
are
A lot of things are "possible" and it's quite easy to reason your way to a viable explanation for your actions.
But I still have to make my own decisions, and come up with my own conclusions. And my conclusion is that you're lying.
Vote: AdumbroDeus
Die scum.[/quote][/quote]

*sigh*

I'm already lynched so I have no reason to lie now.

The point in using logic is to catch the inconsistencies, yes it's rare that people do actions as scum that they would NEVER do as town, but there are different reasons, and the key to actually catching scum is inconsistencies in WHY they did it.

Frankly, it never crossed my mind that not voting there was scummy. I'm town so I honestly wasn't concerned at all with whether other people would interpret my actions as scummy because... well I'm town, survival mode was not engaged and my interest was in finding and catching scum.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Eh, ok, I did pretend I was VT after I won in majora's mask mafia on smashboards, but townies did lie like 3 times so I was hedging my bets just in case they could snatch victory from us somehow.

But as I've said before you can safely assume I'm VT because if I flip scum it's easy enough to just ignore what I said and go with whatever plans assumed I was scum.

Regardless, as I said, parama is scum, just compare the level and amount of content he's made in the town games, as well as the tone, in those games he was trying to attract attention and actually get his reads lynched, here he's doing everything to be invisible.

Seriously, discussion time, if I'm scum, what does that say about people's alignment? What about if I'm town? We have a long twilight, utilize it for God's sake.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

You guys never answered whether town in my situation would do what I did, especially considering I had an episode where an early vote without fully catching up cost town a mislynch.

Mechanical scumhunting at it's finest.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:50 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

My lynch was incredibly dumb still, you guys never answered the question of whether town in my situation would do it (essentially post reads piecemail) especially considering it could've created a quicklynch.

Still, you applied the same type of reasoning to exe and killed him, so can't complain too much.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:30 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

chesskid3 wrote:SK is mafia :teach:
SK tells are not mafia tells, they have no associative tells to speak of.

Cult is definitely not like SK in terms of tells, TOTALLY different mentality.

There are some general scumtells, but as a whole, people treating all scumhunting as the same is part of why town sucks against cult for the most part.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:52 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Exe wrote:UGH.

I hate that the reasons for wanting me lynched were:

A mod question that I ACTUALLY WANTED THE ANSWER TO. <<Not related to my alignment.
A joke about an alliance. <<Not related to my alignment

UGH

ALSO I TOLD YOU ALL THAT THERE WAS NO MAFIA BUT NO ONE FUCKING BELIEVED ME.
That's not why I lynched you ;)
Hi Xivii, care to explain why you got him lynched?
Nachomamma8 wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:My lynch was incredibly dumb still, you guys never answered the question of whether town in my situation would do it (essentially post reads piecemail) especially considering it could've created a quicklynch.

Still, you applied the same type of reasoning to exe and killed him, so can't complain too much.
Sorry about your lynch :(.
I felt that you were town based on reactions to pressure, but I didn't think I could get Plum lynched based on the case I had, and I was starting to get paranoid that Exe could be Mason Recruiter, so I went with the safe lynch :(
FML

I suspected that people didn't think I was scum anymore and that my wagon was driven by scum and people who chose a null read over a scum read cause the deadline was looming and didn't think they could agree on somebody scummy before then.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Oh...

@parama: Ok, this is seriously your meta? I find it wierd in comparison to other games I checked of yours, but if so... it's one of the most anti-town metas ever.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:32 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Parama wrote:I dunno what you mean by "my meta" but I wasn't the one who got lynched D1 anyways so
I was taken as a contigency lynch out of a case that had no content because of deadline.

I know at least chesskid and nacho were pretty sure i was town and voted for my lynch anyway, and I had 2 scum on the wagon.

The only reason i got lynched (probably period) was cause i was late to the party.

Regardless, your meta of having no real case on people, that's what I don't like.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:56 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Parama wrote:I point to my ISOs #26 and #27.
After i had substantially prodded you based on the fact that you had no content....

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”