they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
Pronoun: they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

/confirm

I have job hunting to do. I expect to see at least 4 pages of walls and ALL CAPS DRAMA (hi, fate) by the time I get back. Don't disappoint me.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

@AGM: are you scum or did you just not think through your idea at all before posting it?

Obvious flaw in AGM's idea: scum hinting at/claiming weaksauce roles in order to get the Ring. Also, town bowing out of Ring candidacy, overtly or otherwise, will both a.) result in a greater random chance of handing the Ring to scum and b.) give scum a convenient list of probable strong powers who they should kill. Right now all town should be voting to imbue themselves or no one at all, until someone proves themselves to be obvtown.

VOTE: Katy Who are you, and why didn't you confirm in-thread like everyone else?
imbue: esuriospiritus

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

gandalf wrote:Flavorwise, it's probable that scum do not have superpowers. Just sayin.
On what basis are you making this claim, and why?
edge wrote:Everyone in htat game Town-Voted me and things went RIGHT
Barely, and there was no causative relationship. As I recall, you smashed town and then obsessed after taking town-me down for being apathetic about the game and "obv bussing" scum-diddin when I was, in fact, not. <.<

Not joining the Mariyta mini-wagon. Last time I remember seeing someone get accused of trying to direct the town, the accuser was 100% right but got shouted down for it, leaving the scum to direct the town into a horrible loss.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #62 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Esu gives an excuse to NOT vote Mariyta.... saying that her pointing out the town direction is not a scumtell, aka IMPLYING that AGM is scum directing the town
Fate, you -always- think I'm scum. And you're always wrong.

'pointing out that someone is trying to direct the town' is not a scumtell =! implying that AGM must be scum. It's not necessarily a "one or the other of these people must be scum" thing.

Literally all I was saying with that is "last time I saw a situation like this the person accusing the other person of directing the town turned out to be right, and I don't like the fact that Mariyta has votes for that." I said NOTHING about "well, LAST time the person who was directing the town was scum, so that must be the case THIS time too." I've seen plenty of times where town directed the town too (COUGHFATECOUGH), I'm just saying voting someone for saying someone else was directing the town is dumb.

My vote is still on Katy because her reason for voting Mariyta is entirely too nebulous for my tastes and also because she's one of like 2 people here I've never played with or seen in action before and have thus prioritized getting a read on.

@gandalf: Frodo used the Ring. Sam used the Ring (briefly). Bilbo used the Ring. Quite a few elves used
a
ring, if not
the
Ring. There may be dwarves somewhere that use a ring even if we don't see it in LotR (at least, not to my rusty recollection). I see no reason to believe that the scumteam
can't
use the Ring. And again, even if they can't, they'd still probably rather keep it for themselves than let a townie get a stronger power, so it's kind of a moot point and I don't see why you're arguing it.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

@Fate: Funny, here I was thinking taking a stance on and later clarifying my position on the Mariyta/AGM was generating content. Sooner or later you're just going to have to get over your perpetual vendetta against me in every game and accept the fact that not everyone has a way of generating content/way of defending themselves/general playstyle that you approve of.
Katy wrote:That's because it is a random vote?
Katy wrote:VOTE: Mariyta for taking the easy way out right at the start.
That sure doesn't sound like someone voting randomly to me, not considering it was right after Mariyta's comment on AGM directing the town. It sounded like a serious vote with no elaboration on the reasoning behind it, and still does to me. Also, her vote on AGM smells like someone desperate to join another wagon after receiving criticism for an earlier vote.

On a side note, as someone with a horrible memory myself, I am skeptical that anyone could seriously consider forgetting who the heads of a hydra are a scumtell. Also, Occam's Razor totally happens in mafia.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

singersigner wrote:
esuriospiritus wrote:Also, Occam's Razor totally happens in mafia.
In my experience, the only people I've ever seen point out Occam's Razor have been scum.
Actually, now that you mention it, I think the last time I pointed out that a situation was most likely an Occam's Razor, I was scum. <.< But I'm too lazy to go try to find it, and it's kind of irrelevant anyway, so eh.

Why argue about whether or not Occam's actually occurs in the game and not, y'know, something relevant?

@Gandalf: I'm not ruling out the possibility that Plum's memory was genuinely faulty on that point, since the game ended in late November and it is now late January. I certainly wouldn't hold back on voting Plum if her
reaction
to this 'case' on her is scummy, but as it stands now the case on her is pretty weak.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

<.<

>.>

/meek confession time. Not all people actually read confirm posts, you know. <.< Yeah, I know, in before I am TERRIBLE AT MAFIA AND SHOULD QUIT FOREVER because I skim over the first page.

quasi-irrelevant peanut gallery-type comments aside, while I still don't buy Fate's 'case' itself, Plum's absence in response to it is telling. 2 posts on the 27th (not counting confirm post), 3 on the 28th, and none today. I find it hard to believe she wouldn't make at least one post today in response to all this as town, rather than resorting to "LURK MOAR AND THE VOTES WILL GO AWAY" mode.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Plum

Plum better catch the next bus out of Lurkville.

I have more to say, but I have friends coming over with an ETA of like five minutes, so it'll have to wait, probably till tomorrow.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

@Andrius: please replace me.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to play with someone who is so immature that the only reasons he can possibly fathom anyone disagreeing with him is because they are scum or a "moron". Fate sucks the fun out of every game I have ever played with him and I am not putting up with his bullshit self-importance again as long as I am not getting paid for it.

Next time I try to come out of retirement, someone point me to this game.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1772 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:16 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

...I'm
so
glad I replaced out of this game. :?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”