Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hi all, sorry about my absence. At least the thread didn't get too big while I was away. Anyway I'm here. Will read/post tomorrow.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #87 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've read over the thread twice now, because thought I must have missed something especially scummy from UT with people insisting he's the lynch. But I'm not seeing it... Doesn't mean he's not scum though. :P

The other wagon, Magna, kinda the same deal as UT.

Haschel & Macavity are both acting like they might have some kind of inside knowledge (is that even possible at this point? I can't remember how nightless game mechanics typically work) but won't say more about it. Clarity is good, people.

Meanwhile, I think raj could be scum,
vote: rajrhcpfreak
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #88 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Talitha »

Ha. Nevermind my question. It's amazing what you can find out when you actually
read
the rules post.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Talitha »

What, I have to give reasons but others can be all mysterious? It's day 1, he's on my scummish list... meh?

The UT vote was lame, I thought. I had Magna listed as 'townish' up until that vote, then shifted him to 'dunno'
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by Talitha »

I like bulletpoints, Katsuki. Agree with you on Raj & LMP... but why the hurry? No deadlines and if you truly want stronger stances from me, you'll allow me the time to form them. For example, let's discuss why lynch MOI before LMP? I do not see obvious connection between the two, and find LMP the most suspect of the two.

And, what Kmd said.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #124 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Talitha »

Also sorry re: prod.

Raj: Who in your opinion is a more probable scum, and why? BTW did you ever explain exactly what you found so weird about the first 6 posts of the game?
For the record I don't see what's so horrible about Kmd's list. My scum/town list doesn't exactly resemble Kmd's, but it's not the opposite of it either.

I'm interested now in Magna's & LMP's response to UT's post.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Talitha »

LMP wrote:UT is either VT to the extreme, or scum. I can't decide which.

Either way, I want him lynched.
Weird answer. NOTE: his very next post he hops on the MOI wagon.

Re: current bandwagon. My motto (stolen from mith) is "lynch or lynch not, there is no claim". I.e. In the decision to lynch, the claim shouldn't matter. Personally I'm not going to vote MOI at this point - it's possible he's scum, but I don't feel it in my bones. And I would rather lynch Raj, LMP, peanut, or bv.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #159 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Talitha »

Aw... sorry. I'm still here. Just Christmas kicking my butt.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #165 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm happy with my vote on Raj, but I WISH I had another vote so I could drop it onto bv310.

Raj is
- very focused on himself & how he appears
- focused on playing similarly as he did last game when he was town
- not looking for scum
-> scum

UT: why did you decide LMP is no longer interesting?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

Do you think you play significantly differently as scum, Raj? What was your last scum game?

I disagree with you about MOI not claiming... I've refused to claim as town on more than one occasion. Scum are just as likely to claim, if not more so, IMO.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #174 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Talitha »

bv310 has only 3 posts in this game. I would like him replaced if he's not going to participate and will very shortly be sending a PM to the mod requesting this if he doesn't turn up and play.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #180 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Talitha »

Just my luck that when I actually have some time on my hands for once, almost everyone else is V/LA. Could everyone at least cast a vote so we know where we're at (UT/peanut). I regret my "what's the hurry" comments earlier - think I have contributed to the game stalling.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

Raj: WHY would you claim when you won't even answer peoples' questions?
This game is really frustrating.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #203 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 am

Post by Talitha »

I would ask Raj WHO on his wagon he suggests we lynch tomorrow, but I'm tired of being ignored.

I could see BV as scum, but can't see why this would mean Raj is town. Decent chance he's bussing IMO.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #223 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by Talitha »

A few random observations...

- Something feels weird with the charter-MOI interactions
- I like the new-improved peanutman
- I miss Katsuki
- My head says lynching claimed townie Raj is the correct play. I'm wondering what the (thus far) lack of hammer says about his alignment. Don't know.
- I am tempted to sheep onto the Fonz's vote of LMP. Gut feeling that he is scum.
- charter:
you say LMP is a better vote than Raj... why?
..same Q as The Fonz asked.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #245 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Talitha »

Relieved the day appears to be over. I've been busy and only have time for skimming atm. Back on board soon.
Kmd wrote: Talitha wrote:I like the new-improved peanutman
Really? He got a Town Role PM now? Interesting change.
Eh? Why so interesting? My previous suspicion was primarily due to low activity, and yes indeed my read has gone from lurker-scummy to townish.
Kmd wrote:I agree with Talitha on Bv-Rajjdhgafdkgka. The hesitance to vote, followed by a vote and unvote could definitely be a scumbuddy-tell.
I don't recall saying anything like this. Doesn't mean i didn't, but I don't remember.
MoI wrote:why should Tally be the hypothetical Vig target
I'm biased obviously, but there's no reason I should be a vig target.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #253 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Talitha »

Kmd wrote:Talitha, if Peanut was lurking scum, why would The Fonz have to carry the exact same strategy?
Um, he wouldn't. Are you suggesting that I should have formed a firm opinion on Peanut's alignment from his 5 posts and not be able to change that opinion based on The Fonz's greater number of posts? You're crazy. Actually, going over my iso I don't even think I ever articulated my mild suspicion of peanutman. So what the heck are you on about??
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #254 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

It's a good thing I'm only playing one game. I'm just going to blame my old age for the memory lapse.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #262 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Talitha »

Kmd:
1. Not all lurkers are scum but my philosophy is that they deserve suspicion because it's harder to catch them when they're not posting.
2. The lurker in question flaked, therefore it becomes more likely he was just busy and less indicative of his alignment.

___

I'm going to read over the last few pages before voting.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #281 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Talitha »

Yeah I'm 2/3 of the way through complete re-read and not sure if it's any help at all, so far.

I'm still looking mostly at LMP for my vote today, but because I don't think I've played with him or Katsuki at before (apologies if I'm wrong about that) I'm interested in the opinions of people who have played with both of them.

Also MacavityLock. I'm interested in others' opinions about him and would quite likely vote him if LMP's not the play.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #289 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Talitha »

Wow, another replacement who I like better than their predecessor. Jahudo's post 274 pretty much sums up entirely my current thoughts and suspicions. Thank you for replacing.

LMP: After being all about UT's damn list (given in the 10th post of the damn game), you're finally noticing that it was made up on the spot?! Didn't UT even say this later?
Your "big dump" just looks like throwing mud around to see what sticks. How can my vote be "glaring bandwagon vote" when it was the FIRST on Raj? I don't even have the energy to look at the rest of it.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #290 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Talitha »

vote: LMP
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #305 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

Is there a particular "Tally point" that I missed because I'd be happy to respond to something if there is. But various rewordings of "you're useless" isn't any sort of "pretty good" point. It's one I get tired of actually because it comes up often when I play. I don't think I'm useless, but I think people see my join date and expect a pro.

Well, at one time, maybe I might have been decent at this game. But that was years ago and now I'm out of practice, and the game has evolved but I haven't, really. I've also recently decided this is my last game for a while (not because of anything to do with this game - it's just my life & stuff) but having made the decision makes it hard to get motivated to put much effort in.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #311 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

My vote is OMGUS, for sure. Is it also justified. It may however change to Katsuki shortly. Again, the problem of so many suspects, only one vote.

Macavity: Where was the unrelenting pressure that you speak of? I saw tunnelling on MOI, but would hardly describe it as pressure. As an example, MoI is currently displaying unrelenting pressure against Katsuki - you were doing nothing of the sort.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #312 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Talitha »

My vote on Raj yestderday, btw, was my best guess at scum, my first vote, early Day 1 after I got back from my V/LA. Anyone who cares to look at it in context will see it's hardly a poor vote. Then Raj never gave me a reason to change it - just the opposite.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #314 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Talitha »

1. Did you see the last 3 words of the sentence of that selective quote there?
2. If you really believe that, why aren't you voting me? You'd be more likely to get support on a Tal-wagon than on Kmd, methinks.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #334 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

I think I still want LMP deads, but in the meantime
unvote: LMP
vote: Katsuki
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #343 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

We have 4 scum in this game, right? I'm busy and want time to think whether LMP is one of them. Really couldn't care if it looks scummy. Katsuki needs pressure, current vote no brainer.

Busy atm, BBL.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #345 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

Working backwards...

LMP: Pressure votes don't work as well when you say "Oh hai, this is just a pressure vote". Of course it was. MoI has been begging for support. Katsuki is actively avoiding this game. MoI has played with Katsuki. MoI is near top of my townish list.

The Fonz: LMP has been very active past couple days and I haven't. Want time to read/think carefully. Also trying to decide what I think about the breadcrumb.

Kmd: It wasn't that Jahudo agreed with me. I was re-reading when Jahudo replaced in, made a couple notes and before I could post about it Jahudo posted almost the exact same thoughts. It's not proof he's town, but gave me good reason to believe he's looking at the game like I am.

Charter: Re #317. Yes. Despite the double negative my statement was very clear.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #348 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

MoI wrote:Just wanted to point out how fascinating (in a hmmm am I seeing scummy Inconsistency?) I am finding that Tal is catching all kinds of hell for her vote of Kats yet Charter has received not a peep.
Indeed.
charter wrote:What specifically did he do to reinforce your vote?
See my post #165 for a summary. On top of this he ignored my questions and refused to engage.
charter wrote:gave numerous other suspects shortly before switching
Bullshit - LMP's quote (above) is from day 1.
charter wrote:only one was voting the other leading vote getter
I suspect this is one key reason I'm being vilified.
The reaction was so strong I'm wondering if I unvoted scum to vote for town. I certainly detect an aroma of scum opportunism.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #349 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by Talitha »

In spite of my "there is no claim" mantra from earlier, I can't help thinking about LMP mixing up Peterson & Peterman in his claim. He used both names in the claim post. Unless it was an intentional slip it suggests to me he was claiming from memory. My first instinct says making a mistake makes the claim more likely to be true, scum would be careful to claim correctly. But the breadcrumb was in his first post and it's obvious he wasn't concocting a claim on the spot, so I'm not sure. Are safe claims pretty standard in theme games these days?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #354 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

The Fonz,

Why is my justification not particularly plausible (in your opinion)? You've never run someone up to L-1 then unvoted to give yourself time to think about whether you want to follow through with the lynch? You've never seen town do it?

Again, regardless of how LMP spins and twists the facts in his crusade against me, I did not "follow" anyone on the Raj wagon. If anything I was one of the leaders of it - not that I deserve any townie points for that. As for LMP I expressed suspicion of him yesterday
at least twice
but preferred Raj. I still found LMP suspicious on my re-read today and mentioned that, and then after his crap case on me, I voted for him. Admittedly I am currently following the Katsuki bandwagon. LMP is scummier to me, but it might just be because he posts more. Need some Kats substance, please. I am still prepared to lynch LMP, but Katsuki & others (Macavity, Haschel to name a couple) have to contribute something before end of day.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #357 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

Nice spin job, but you didn't just unvote to give yourself more time, you unvoted and voted the other wagon.
Which as we've established achieved two things that I wanted, time to think about you, and pressure on Katsuki. This is the last time I'll repeat myself - I'm over it.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #359 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Talitha »

unvote: Katsuki
vote: LMP
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #383 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Talitha »

Magna wrote:@Tal re 359 – What in the heck is that? Kats gets to L-1 and you immediately jump right back to LMP?
I prefer LMP. Especially after the reaction to my unvote. Especially after Macavity voted for Katsuki.

I'm finding it really weird to get jumped on each time I move my vote.
Fonz wrote:I must confess, looking through her ISO and seeing her voting Raj with 'he could be scum' as her sole justification, it didn't occur to me it was the first vote on the wagon: what with the flimsy 'he could be scum' justification, it looked like piling on to me. Perils of iso I guess. She certainly didn't look like she was expending any effort trying to convince people that Raj was scum.
Did you happen to notice it was my
second
post of the game and my first content post. I was on vacation when the game started for a few days. I can't remember last time I played a mini, I don't really know any people in this game except for Raj & UT. Raj was scummier than UT. Have some CONTEXT.
Fonz wrote:Her vote on Kat was unexplained and later justified as 'pressure,' but do you really unvote someone who's supposedly your top suspect at L-1 and put a rival wagon only one vote behind for 'pressure?' And if you are voting for pressure, why remove the pressure vote before the pressured player has actually done anything?
I've already answered this.
I wasn't around and stuff had happened that i wanted to think about.
I hate not having my vote on someone and Katsuki was a good place for it. Any pressure that might have been in my vote was nullified by you guys attacking me over the vote.
fonz wrote:Why say you don't pay any attention to claims:

Talitha wrote:Re: current bandwagon. My motto (stolen from mith) is "lynch or lynch not, there is no claim". I.e. In the decision to lynch, the claim shouldn't matter.

And yet unvote immediately following a claim (and she posted twice between the L-1 vote and the claim, so she had the opportunity to unvote prior to claim if she really just wanted more time) and even worse, assert that the manner in which he claimed (mixing up Peterman and Peterson) instinctively makes her think him more likely town (and no, pointing out that you're being hypocritical doesn't change the fact).
Because I'm not a fucking robot. There's information in everything, even the manner in which claims are made. My motto was adopted after several mistakes in games - believing scum because of their good claim or lynching town because their claim was flimsy.
It doesn't mean I'm not going to THINK about the claim
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #385 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Talitha »

Do you find it easier catching scum or getting town reads from players you've played with before, or ones you don't know?
I guess I really should've put "He knows why..." as my reason instead of the totally outrageous "He could be scum" that I went with. Ah well.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #400 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Talitha »

MoI wrote:I commented because quite frankly I don’t see that much has changed since your unvote of LMP to move to the Katsuki wagon. You have had time to consider (as you said you would) but nothing significant in regards to LMP has occurred.
I have 3 kids and when they're around I skim the forum, check for developments, maybe post. When the kids are asleep/away I backtrack and read more carefully. So the significant thing that sways me may not occur between my one post and the next.
I'm feeling conflicted about the Katsuki wagon because with 4 scum still in play in this game, how likely is it that both our two wagonees are scum? Not too likely, IMO. It was weird that after all your pushing Kats for so long, my vote seemed to really start the Kats wagon rolling - charter & Macavity's votes following mine VERY quickly. I'll hold off on interpreting this until someone flips.

Fonz wrote:Whether or not it's easier to read players you've played with before, you should still be TRYING to read the others as well. Your justification was 'It's early, he's on my scummish list' for unstated reasons. Then you keep it on all the way to lynch with the scummy 'he never gave me a reason to change' excuse that charter pointed out, and saying 'he appears obsessed with how he looks,' by which of course you mean- he was defending himself.
I'm not going to argue against your selective (and I'm increasingly thinking dishonest) picking & choosing of the facts - hopefully others can see it for what it is.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #404 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Talitha »

Macavity wrote:I mean, for charter's that fine, it was the next post. My vote came two and a half days later, after I had said that I was going to read up on the two big wagons over the weekend. Kind of a misrep to lump me and charter together here, isn't it?
With reference to the timeframe of how long Magna had been pushing the Kats vote it felt like you and charter voted pretty quickly after me, but OK, point noted.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #445 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Talitha »

MoI wrote:
Tal wrote:I'm feeling conflicted about the Katsuki wagon because with 4 scum still in play in this game, how likely is it that both our two wagonees are scum? Not too likely, IMO. It was weird that after all your pushing Kats for so long, my vote seemed to really start the Kats wagon rolling - charter & Macavity's votes following mine VERY quickly. I'll hold off on interpreting this until someone flips.
Now that LMP has flipped Town I’d like you to elaborate on this.
LMP town changes things a bit. charter & Macavity's votes might be genuine votes to lynch Kats (and/or save LMP). But. There's a good possibility that one is scum with Kats and wanted to be on that wagon if it ended in a lynch and I think this fits better with the timing of Macavity's vote.
Guess at scum team: Katsuki, Macavity, The Fonz, +?
Anyway,
vote: Katsuki

As the mod mentioned I'm off to the beach for 6 days, starting in a couple of hours. I told him I'd understand if he needs to replace me but hope it won't be necessary. Sorry to all for the bad timing.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #482 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm back from beach, luckily there was only torrential rain for a couple of the days, I didn't have time to get too sunburnt.

I'll get properly caught up on the game within the next few hours. I think that I have played pretty poorly thus far.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #483 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

The first mini I played was an 8-4 setup and scum had a kill each night. It seemed nicely balanced, but most town were non vanilla (and 2 scum were weakened). I'm not sure if I've played in any other 8-4 setup since. I have to say in this game it's looking increasingly likely that scum can't kill or are severely limited in either their number of available kills or the circumstances in which they can kill. UT's point that the show was about "nothing" is a good one I think.

Anyway, 12 players, 4 scum and 3 mislynches... whichever way you look at it, town is in trouble. I wish I could share Jahudo's optimism that we should be able to lynch scum today because our odds are so good, but we only have 5 townies left in the game and need 5 votes to lynch a scum so I'm not filled with confidence, myself. My feeling is that at this point we need all cards on the table, because we can't safely run someone up to L-1 or L-2 to put pressure on them, make them spill, etc, because if they're town scum will hammer and that's probably game over.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #485 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

What's that?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #486 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

"Information Instead of Analysis (IIoA)" I'm sorry, but I thought the current issue of concern is whether we are mass-claiming. I have a bone to pick with you, actually, but it was suggested we don't give people information so they can claim to match suspicions. I don't particularly care whether people wait upon voicing their suspicions, but can't see a harm in waiting for others to weigh in at least.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #491 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Talitha »

Please, if you're town, please don't buy the argument that if you're on all of the successful wagons you must be scum. For a start what is it about a "successful" wagon that makes the vote more scummy than on an unsuccessful wagon? This word is being thrown around by scum to try and add oomph to their case, but it is irrelevant. Secondly, what decent scum would make sure they are voting for all of the townie wagons. I know, I know it's the dreaded acronym that I despise, but seriously. How hard is it to vote away from one of the townie wagons to make yourself look OK later. ONLY SCUM have the information to be able to do this. I've been scum in many many games and I'd be surprised if you can find one where I'm on 3 townie wagons in a row. Scum 101, seriously.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #492 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Talitha »

MoI wrote:The observation that Tal has been on every successful wagon is a good one.
MOI, what is it about being on a successful wagon that is scummier than being on your Day 1 wagon, for example?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #494 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Talitha »

MOI, you distinctly reused Fonz's words "successful wagon" and said it was a good observation. My question therefore remains - what is the word "successful" doing there? Fonz should feel free to answer it also.

I didn't realise we were doing scum reads first, then mass claim. I guess I misunderstood the plan when I read it.

Fonz is my best guess at scum. Post 493 he defends Kats by saying that 'noobish reasoning' is not the same as scummy play. (Turns out he is right. How he could tell Kats was town from Kats' play in this game is remarkable if he's town, but I don't think this is the case.) But the damning thing to me is that he doesn't show more than a hint of suspicion towards Magna for pushing the Kats wagon, even though he points out that ABR used the exact same argument "as scum" when Fonz (in his own words) "attacked him correctly". But in this game does Fonz "attack"? No, instead he gives us a lesson on play saying merely that "people need to learn the difference" rather than calling Magna scum for pushing the lynch on someone Fonz apparently perceives as playing noobishly rather than scummily. I think Fonz & Magna are scum together. I know this is a turnaround for me on Magna, but I think I've been deceived by some of his townish posts and how comfortable he seems in this game. Magna is now trying to turn suspicion on Jahudo for something that on the surface could be scummy, but I'm not particularly buying it this time.

If people who aren't in my top two want me to give positions on everyone, I will. But looking at who is asking for it, I'll pass, for now.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #507 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Talitha »

Magna wrote:Why are you busy arguing the use of a single word (successful) instead of addressing that you have been on every wagon, all of which resulted in a mislynch.
Because your lynch was so close to successful and you alone are in the position of knowing your alignment. Given that you think your wagon is not as important as the "successful" ones is pretty telling about your alignment.
And what would you like me to address about being on the mislynching wagons? I was actually trying to lynch scum. How many scum have YOU lynched in this game.
The Fonz wrote: That we know the target was town. You haven't really opposed a popular wagon all game. The closest you got was with the MOI wagon when you said he was 'dunno'
This again is crap and scummy selective chosing of my posts. I made it extremely clear I was not going to vote for Magna when he was in danger of being lynched. That's about the best defence I'd give anyone on day 1 unless I know their meta well.
Magna wrote:how is Jahudo’s attempt to say that a mislynch doesn’t end the game when we are in a 5 to 4 ration of Town to Scum not scummy?
Player X makes mistaken calculation in endgame, Player Y says Player X is scum for trying to mislead town or lull town into a false sense of security. I have seen this scenario a few times before. Player X is usually town, Player Y usually scum. Also scum at this point can taste victory and know exactly where they are at - they are less likely to make a genuine mistake than town, and why would they intentionally falsify the situation when it can so easily be refuted?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #517 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Talitha »

Again Magna, you are conveniently twisting the facts for your own scummy purposes.
Please explain
what is scummier about being on LMP TOWN (Day 2) and Katsuki TOWN (Day 3) than being on Katsuki TOWN (Day 2) and Katsuki TOWN (Day 3). BOTH are town wagons for day 2 and 3. And yet UT and I somehow bear more scrutiny than say, uh, YOU. WHY? Because they were successful?

As for the Jahudo thing, it is my opinion based on my experience. Asking me to spend my time gathering evidence and links is only worthwhile if there is a likelihood Jahudo may be lynched because of thius. So far I think you're the only one who finds it overly susoicious.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #527 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sue Ellen Mischke, VT.

Fonz's turn.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #560 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Talitha »

I am assuming that one of the Newmans is lying. Two town with same role name would be bastard moddery, and I doubt they are both lying - a Seinfeld game without Newman is unlikely IMO.
Not to make any hasty decisions but Jahudo looks the dodgiest to me right now. Missed choices. Used his ability first thing today, of all days, instead of waiting to see if it could be used to catch someone in an endgame lie. And the timing (after UT pulled up Haschel about his claim) looks like an opportunistic gambit.
And I agree with whoever said it doesn't really make sense for Haschel-scum to claim Newman at that point. Even if he didn't have a safe claim to use, there were only two more people after him.. he could've easily picked a less major character and probably been fine.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #568 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jahudo: who were you going to target on Day 3? Why were you waiting until right before you hammered?

MacLock: I acknowledge they could both be scum, I just think it's less likely than only one of them being scum.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #582 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Talitha »

Jahudo wrote:UT's point about Haschel saying "night" would be a horrible reason for hypo-scum to think they could attack the claim itself. Its like saying villager instead of vanilla townie, everyone knows what is intended because its in the OP. Scum are aware of the OP. So the tell is not on one's alignment but how closely they are paying attention to the flavor of the game.
I somewhat agree, but UT also said he was absolutely, definitely voting for Haschel because of it. If UT and Haschel are both town that's an opportunity scum surely couldn't resist.

Did you see my Qs in #568, Jahudo?

I wonder if we should use FOSes instead of votes today (or unbolded votes or something). I'd definitely like to see people's intentions laid out, before anyone actually votes.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #607 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm still inclined to vote Jahudo, but I need to mull it a bit more. Need to decide if i believe MoI's claim and think through what that means about Haschel.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #610 (isolation #53) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK, I don't think "if he flips scum" and "possible town fakeclaim" are a very likely town thought process in this situation. You're in endgame and someone else claims your role in mass- claim... and you think there's still a chance they could be town?

Why I have been reluctant to make a decision is because looking at Magna's claim I wondered if it could be a ploy to initially bus Haschel & clear Magna. Then - when the wagon didn't get rolling - to pretend he was being blocked, to clear Haschel. But I'm going to go with that theory being just too convoluted. I hope so, anyway.

vote: Jahudo
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #614 (isolation #54) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

Talitha, I can't tell if you are really looking at all the evidence here or not. How important is Magna's claim in this really?
The fact that his claimed role is seemingly useless was bugging me a little, so I wanted to think through possible ulterior motives. I'm tending to believe him though, and if he's truthful there's no real info about either of you in it.
Have you even heard of HC's role power before? A cop that can only find 1 member of a mafia? I haven't. Its unique. The rest of the claimed powers in this game are more common (neighborizer, vote manipulator, watcher, tracker). It doesn't fit thematically.
I'm used to oddball roles in theme games but not sure if I've seen this exact role before. I've definitely seen the opposite (a scum role that finds a particular townie). I think Haschel's claim fits thematically very well - the dislike between Newman & Jerry was a recurring part of the show and made a bigger impression on me than Newman being mailman did.
Who has HC down as a town read? What has he done this game that is pro-town? Where was his scumhunting? It was very under the radar, votes on popular wagons without much reasoning. No questioning. Few reads given. Will someone in this game talk about this? Can someone argue how he looks more pro-town than me without talking about the claim?
It's a fair point but it's also a large part of the reason why you counterclaiming as scum makes so much sense, and Hasch fake-claiming to draw a counterclaim makes so little sense.
How can you argue that one opinion from UT, without waiting to hear from the group in general, would cause me as hypo-scum to fake counter-claim? Why would I want to put myself in a 1 on 1 situation when I could claim tracker and some other character?
My guess is you were worried that UT might change his mind about voting for Haschel on the basis of Haschel claiming such a major character as Newman. I mean, in spite of him being a possible scum safe-claim, I really expected Newman to be in the game. He made the show, IMO.
Why does my role power usage give any doubt to my claim? BV was a lurker so its not a surprise he didn't use the power then, and besides as scum I could have easily lied and said I used the power both day 1 and day 3. If I had another chance I would have saved my day 4 tracker, but at the time I wasn't expecting that I needed to prove my power in order to prove my alignment. I was under no pressure and only thought about finding scum, not creating some safety net for myself.
I accept you could've lied about all of your results and it would have looked better, except that lying would have been a risk if (and only if) you considered you had a possible town power role claiming after you. Each lie would've multiplied the risk, so the fewer results you claimed, the better. And I mostly just don't believe your explanation about day 3.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #631 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

I gotta get some new friends.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #635 (isolation #56) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

Just one of us. :)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #641 (isolation #57) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Talitha »

Kmd had all of us scum at the top of his list right before the mass claim. That was pretty impressive and caused a minor freak out on my part.

We did have a really good scum team. Well, maybe not including me, haha. I thought I was OK but my scumbuddies kept saying I was scummy, and to lurk more. (In the nicest possible way of course.) We lucked out getting Fonzie as a replacement. He's a hard-working scum with great play and he pretty much held the team together.

It wasn't explicitly discussed but I think one of the reasons Hasch went with the Newman gambit was because the way things were going I would have been prime candidate for a lynch. He was also pretty keen to use his bomb on someone.

Kdub, I couldn't fault your modding. You did a fantastic job. Thanks.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”