Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Plum »

>Move East
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Plum »

>StasisRay(chesskid3)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Plum »

You
could
just be a Sadist.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Plum »

>Move North
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Plum »

At the Disco!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Plum »

I've never even heard any of their songs :P
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Plum »

Eh, I didn't love it but I didn't mind it. Wasn't bad.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Plum »

Hmmm, decent point (um, five starting squares though, or am I missing something?). I hadn't thought about it, but it's kind of like three discussion in PYP 4 that I vaguely followed: How likely is is that scum grouped themselves close together on the map, and, specifically, in one square? I'd say that splitting up would generally be beneficial for scum (given the Magnetic Field ability, putting all your eggs in one basket would be a bad thing) although then again, it seems that some Healing modules work like that as well (see the sample Mafia Role PM). It
is
tempting to use these as groupings within which there are a limited number of scumbugs . . .

PREVIEW EDIT: Gamma, I have your question covered. I'm not convinced how best we can use this information, but the fact is it is something we probably can use to advantage and isn't random.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Plum »

We
could
do an execute twice per cycle, but given the sample scum PM, I'm betting on 7 days/Mafia Day (if we get lucky and someone has extra HP and doesn't get offed by scum when they shoot, that's good . . . which is a reason to give TBM's idea some weight; no extra hits in between 'lynches' will increase odds of this happening, because someone with extra base hitpoints but lost hitpoints will still die by Mafia kill &c. - or wait, is that "damage equal to the average of all living players' HP (rounded down)" their base/Max HP or their current total?) . . .

- Gamma's position helps in that
if
Gamma is scum we can adjust ratios of scum per region/max scum in a region/&c. if we model 'no two scum in one starting region'.
gammagooey wrote:If you want to go into ridiculous square WIFOM then yeah there's pretty good odds in 1+ scum in the northwest. Aside from that I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 scum in the northwest- if Fate's scum and thought of SQUARE WIFOMZ then I wouldn't put it past him to put every member of his team in one place, but aside from that possibility I'd say no more than 2 scum in the NW.
It's not ridiculous WIFOM any more than speculating that scum didn't choose the same numbers in the PYP drafts (bit of an oversimlification of both that game and this one, but given that some abilities deal damage to entire regions, and that spreading over the grid will give them more Factional kill options, and other things, they may well have had interest in choosing to be in different squares, and we may actually have only one scum in the top left corner, and if so . . .)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Plum »

TBM - Yeah, but Shields can only take a certain [unspecified in the sample Town PM Shield ability] amount of damage (possibly variable???) and have to be oriented towards the direction/region/player in question - which means that clever scum can probably bypass it.
Gammagooey wrote:@TBM- I had a different amount of hp than the town sample PM in the demo so I doubt it.
So did I, but it's probable that it was partly related to keeping us alive long enough during the Demo period?

I propose we list our Demo-stage HP now. I don't see that it can hurt, and it
may
give us insight - though in any case if there's an average HP it's either true that Townies can have variable base/Max HP
or
that it's average remaining HP.

I had 15 HP in my Demo role.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Plum »

Ah, my suspicions may be correct; that said it can't hurt to see people speak up about this. If you had more or fewer HP than 15 in the Demo, maybe give a shout.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Plum »

Headdesk
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm for it I think but I'd rather do cycles faster than the Mafia kill recharges.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Plum »

chesskid3 wrote:Banning nonapproved shooting is bad though, because mafia buddies aren't going to shoot each other.
Hmmmm. But there
would
be a WIFOM factor, I think - given various shields and healing modules, it might be harder to clear on flip than you'd think . . .

I'm still stuck thinking that fairly rigid organization is about the only thing that's going to keep this from turning into the sort of chaos the scum will be able to walk all over.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Plum »

There's a difference between shooting and distancing but not much between shooting and bussing. Anyway there's plenty of inherent WIFOM in the system, and more if we account for Shields, Healing modules, whatever.

If even a very small percentage of the players don't agree to the system it won't work at all.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Plum »

Bad news, I agree with Gammagooey; chesskid is probtown :mad:
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Plum »

Well, let's wait until a few more people show up and see if any others are interested or it'll just turn into a lynching-pushers-with-policy-strength vs. others, which just means a disorganized bloodbath.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Plum »

I mean that it's not worth pursuing a policy kill until we see how many players are interested or not, because we might just end up with too few players interested to be able to intimidate the rest with the threat of a policy kill anyway - if we started trying, we would just start a bloodbath.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Plum »

Dude, I read the sample PM, that's how I know scum have the equivalent of a factional kill.

And I had a bet on with Vi that you'd be the first one to notice I'm not on the grid. I happen to have a protective module, so, side effect.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Plum »

Play with your food before you eat it?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Plum »

EBWOP: That was @Fate.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Plum »

I'd be okay with the scum skipping their NK. Frankly speaking we're going to have quite a few people in close proximity to one another no matter what we do.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Plum »

I had a mine in the Demo as well. It
didn't
have a time setting. It was set to go off a day later, and if no one was there it would damage the next player (players? Move resolves simultaneously, so I'd have to assume so) to enter the region. At the same time it did enough damage that the user, Town or scum, probably wouldn't want to stick around and suffer if at all avoidable.

Feysal, in the Demo you used DataMinaT (for Time?). Mine was DataMineP (for Proximity). We may be able to detect the difference between DataMine types, at least after they're used (I could set mine privately as well) and determine how likely it was for scum to have set one depending on the effects.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Plum »

VP - Some mines don't detonate until there's someone around to hit.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Plum »

VP Baltar wrote:
Plum wrote:VP - Some mines don't detonate until there's someone around to hit.
Fair enough. If that's the case, we send in someone scummy to take one for the team. Refusal = death.
In principle, sure. In practice, we may not know where a mine is until it's too late.

Wait, we're going to be in our designated squares for the entire phase?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Plum »

Furc - I also thought about doing two lynches per cycle, but with such short cycles I'm not sure how viable it is, not only from a decision-making perspective, but also the chances of being able to actually off someone that quickly could be stymied by such things as shields and whatnot.

Feysal - It'll take more than one move for some of us to get to our designated locations, though . . .
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Plum »

Furcolow wrote:plum is so scum, and for the same reason I'm suspicious of TBM. Pushing policy lynching, but only if the town won't turn on her? Scum.
If we have half a Town of players willing to policy lynch to make their point about the lynching system and half who don't, we could end up with policy lynches which don't do the job they're supposed to do. If it would take one policy lynch to basically guaranteed keep Town from acting like unreliable loose cannons, fine. If that won't work, we ought to avoid trying that specific system of enforcement.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Plum »

Gammagooey wrote:@Plum&TBM- top two scum reads please.
CKD please and thank you. This isn't annoying-Town; that's more like Chesskid; I could elaborate, I suppose, but his undirected obstinacy and shooterama and difficultness is not being done in a way that seems to be rooted in the motivation of a misguided Townie (it may actually be related to him, once under suspicion, trying to cause excess chaos on purpose - it was after he'd come under some degree of suspicion and taken a Plasma Whip from chesskid). inHim's post here:
inHimshallibe wrote:dammit, i said the idea first, not vp!

pouting aside, either vp is scum or there is a definite scum ignoring what i said while lauding vp
is off. Combines trying to get Town cred for a one-line suggestion VP made into an actual plan, attempting to laugh that off, and then suggesting people are scummy for not having appreciated his brilliance. Is also off. And then if you're willing to go into ISO.

suggestion had bantered with Fate and tossed around the possibility of Fate being scum and then was all, wait, lemme get the quote
inHimshallibe wrote:Understood. It is what it is, and that is what I thought.

vezok deserves the tighter leash we're going to give him, but I'm not going to press anything.
Reads 'I'm happy to have someone who's trigger-happiness approved but I'm not going to get my hands dirty'. Or for that matter say much about Vezok. It's a nice noncommital position to take while leaving the door open for shooting Vezok if the atmosphere is conducive. Opportunistic. Whatever you want to say.

Regarding the attacks, it looks like something that was set pre-game like a mine - it doesn't seem to fully resemble the DataMine family as we know it, but this is what springs to mind (and given that, there are probably some interesting implications - if it was a mine it likely did have to be planted locally, and it probably was a variety of Offensive module and probably was a one-off - but if it could be set pre-game it might actually be possible Fate set it).
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Plum »

Gammagooey wrote:Kay.

Are you responsible for the explosion in the northwest y/n?
Nope. And sorry for not having uncloaked or moved or anything today; I got to a computer too late today to have done anything. Having said that, y'all want to try to hunt me down as scum under suspicion of having done this? While the cloak can keep my moves secret (that's a kind of duh factor) I can't actually target things with it on.
TheButtonmen wrote:
@Plum:
Explain what you feel the pros and cons of you being cloaked are.
Pros: Scum can't shoot me.
Errant Town mostly can't shoot me, which is a bonus in general at this stage of the game and knowing my own alignment is a general good.

Cons: I can't target people with it on.

Gamma, just pick it up; he's already cruising for a bruising as scum. Just my two cents, but.

HI FATE. BUSY DAY. YOU?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Plum »

Gammagooey wrote:Unless she's conveniently confirming herself as scum for us she's either in A1 or A3, so don't bother.
Hm? Why would me being elsewhere indicate in any way that I'm scum?
VasudeVa wrote:@Plum: So...what, we're just supposed to 'take your word' that you are Town, you can't shoot people and aren't responsible for the NW incident?
You don't have to, and you obviously seem disinclined to do so - but having been asked, I tell. You can judge it how you will.
VP Baltar wrote:Re: Plum - we should just kill her now. She can obviously submit weapon attacks and movements secretly. I think if a visible scum player on the board could just secretly attack whoever, it'd be a pretty huge advantage to them. Therefore, I fully believe it was Plum that did this. Unless anyone has a reasonable objection, I'm going to shoot her today full blast.

Plum tell us your location immediately. The more you stall, the more guilty you look.
Completely not in line with your own plan at all. I'm certainly willing to uncloak, but you shooting me without Town consensus or in conjunction with the lynch-cycle plan isn't going to be helpful all around.
Feysal wrote:If Plum started from A2, and was going to B3 like you said she should, then it makes perfect sense for her to be in A3.
Actually I thought the plan was for me to be going to C2 :?

Conked out most of the afternoon but my uncloaking and move actions have just been submitted.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Plum »

I do. If you want me to shoot, I'd be glad to - but I'd rather do a proper vote and lynch-type thing. I could do the 0 damage thing (EDIT no wait that didn't work?) . . . or could voice my support for killing off CKD again.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Plum »

Battle of the egos :roll:

Feysal, right now I'm going to stay out in the open. I see what you're saying, and that
may
be a strategy to implement later on, but I feel like this is an idea worth trying.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Plum »

Furcolow wrote:Plum is adhering to someone on-top of her in terms of level, sucking up to Feysal above, which to me is not the plum that I know who posts giant walls as town. Plumscum. Pretty much book this game if you ask me. We would be wise to flank them and to pressure them from different angles...
Sometimes I post giant walls as Town and sometimes I don't, and sometimes I post giant walls as scum and sometimes I don't. You'll have to be more specific in regards to what's bothering you with my play here, because yeah. I happen to find Feysal Townish, but my post was in regards to a suggestion of his which was a good one - but I think I have a more optimal application I'll stay quiet about for the moment.
curiouskarmadog wrote:top three scum...plum, VP (sorry bud), and Plum
Mhm. Please feel free to scratch your itchy trigger finger, by the way.
curiouskarmadog wrote:hey plum, you never answered me...why am I cruising for a bruising?...what have I done to deserve that label?
Your self-counseled shooting earlier after being called out early by many as scummish seems to be asking for something. Especially given that I read you as scum for other things. Is asking for it. Whether you mean to (maybe you have a shield and want us to get distracted wasting shots) or not. nyway, see this:
curiouskarmadog wrote:my god you are misrepresenting EVERYTHING I am saying..you are taking quotes out of their context and twisting shit..you want to to overreact douchebag?....fine..

PlasmaWhip(chesskid3)
PlasmaPistol(chesskid3)

no doubt this action will bring the wraith of game....but (shrug)..the truth of my action will lie in my death.
That seems explicitly 'cruising for a bruising'. I can't believe I have to argue this turn of phrase with you, but there you are.

By the way, those other things?
curiouskarmadog wrote:(crossing fingers hoping someone says I am now overreacting scum)
Trying to set up a situation where you can call out people for being scum for saying that you're over OR under-reacting scum is setting a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't trap which masquerades as scumhunting. It is not something a Townie would actually try in the course of scumhunting.
VasudeVa wrote:@Plum: Is your cloak a special ability? I need some confirmation. I'm pretty sure that I shot you back then.
Yes, it is. So it didn't wouldn't get disabled by an EMP that disables shields or anything else. But I
did
seem to absorb some damage there.

I'd rather kill off CKD than Furcolow at this point. Who's with me?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #33) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Plum »

"Quit trying to drum up support?"

Just as planned.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Plum »

I've got the CKD situation under control, Chess.

PREVIEW EDIT: CKD - Kinda.
SECOND PREVIEW EDIT: I'm a girl, dude.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Plum »

Oh crud. Maybe not so well planned. We'll see, I guess.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”