Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #38 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The Rulez wrote:10. What happens at deadline? I ask for your address and come to your house.
I'll put some tea on.

Fire Tri Attack (Fate, 2, Vas, 2, Chesskid, 2) north of my position
Spare no one.

Also, 9 pm EST abuse ftw.

Move West one square
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't see anything wrong with being able to strafe an attack. This is a FPS afterall.

I'm not sure about the mine thing, but as far as I know you can't really take actions back...at least that was my impression of the rules. I think the arena pic is fine, but if you want to post the table feel free. It may be problematic, which I'll display in awhile.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm like a million miles away, you'd have to meet in the middle somewhere.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Wait until I get my Spirograph out
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

vezokpiraka wrote:LOL. Hopefully I did a good thing because if I didn't I fail.
Don't worry young jedi, tis but a test.

Also, etchasketch up in here.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You first.

@ chess kid - if you have questions about what to do, now is the time to ask. Once the game starts, you better not be confused or you'll likely be dead quickly.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feysal wrote:I have no idea how we're supposed to be scumhunting in this setup, without any votes. Possibly the only things we can use are special abilities and game mechanics to identify scum, otherwise this will turn into a free-for-all.
Well, my impression is that we should just punish anyone that tries to make it a free for all, as this will probably benefit the scum. Once the actual game starts, I think we should play it like a mafia game and people can shoot others, but need to explain why they are doing it and have good reason. Players that are willy nilly shooting people are a hindrance and should be executed accordingly by the mob.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree with gamma about the game state. I think things would be greatly stabilized (I hope) if a mafia game was actually being played. If that was the case, people shouldn't be randomly shooting each other.

That being said, I'm good with a mish mash version if thats preferred. It's a bit different tactics of course, but we'll figure it out as we go along I imagine.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sadly, ckd does have somewhat of a point. Perhaps I am giving too much benefit of the doubt here.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I prefer 1 or 2.

3 doesn't make much sense to me.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

i missed my movement, but it actually worked out.

DIE INHIM! DIE!

TriAttack: Inhimshallibe, 2, Chesskid, 2, Feysal, 2

PlugIn C2//A1
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

all the more reason to kill you.

Hey everyone, shoot inHim now so we get to see his zord get peeled in this phase.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Needs more inHim killing.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

OK, I think I figured out how to PoE us to victory (or at least prevent some night kills). First we divide the town into three groups of four. We already have one group of four players in A1, so bam. The second group of four lines up in B2 and the third group lines up in C3. Because the scum kill is linear and you cannot shoot diagonally (correct?), this limits the scum kill in each case to one of the people in the square they are residing in.

The best way to group people in my opinion is the most town players in one box, second most town players in a second box and scummiest players in the third box. At worst, this should instantly give us a 1 in 3 chance of finding scum after they carry off a kill.

Now, I'm not entirely sure how practical this is, but I think we should be able to move everyone before our 7 day time limit is up. Because we've wasted one day already, I'd say those of us in A1 should probably just stay put for now while the others migrate to B2 and C3. Organization will win this game for us, and I think this is the most effective strategy.

In terms of reads right now, I think Fate is scum and MAYBE Buttonmen. Gamma looks pretty damn town. Unsure on Plum. Chesskid is probably town even though he's being an annoying prat. VV might be scum as well from his 'oh hey, let's all just shoot for the lulz'. Everyone else is pretty null for me right now.

Thoughts?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That was already suggested and generally agreed upon ckd. Why no discussion of the plan I put forth?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Feysal- I'm fully in favor of item pickups being decided upon as the town. Need to clear something first though:

Mod, to pick up an item, does a player need to post publicly in thread or does the player PM you?

As far as mines and that sort of thing, that is indeed an issue, but unless it's the last scum I don't know if it's really THAT big of a concern. If someone jets out of their square without warning, players would have a good indication of the mine and that the said player is scum.

Re: modSpecs and similar abilities - I don't think this is an issue since there will always be players in the same region as the player with the ability. We could amend the original groupings as the game progresses to contain a better mix of town and scum.
ckd wrote:first, you are making a lot of assumptions about how the mafia/town can shoot....how do you know? am I missing something else?
No I'm not. The factional mafia kill in the OP is linear...ie, it can only shoot in a straight line (presumably not diagonally). I suggest you read the sample role PMs. Secondly, most of the attack abilities seem to require you to select a target...especially the mafia factional kill. It's not a proximity weapon, therefore it would PoE immediately and give us at minimum a 1 in 3 chance of hitting scum after the first time it's used. This seems like pretty damn good odds if you ask me.
ckd wrote:first you say there is already a group, but then you suggest the groups being broken up into towniest, town, scummy...so which is it? if we break up people in those groups, who is going to say who is the scummiest...it will take time to come up with lists...then, by the time we get the lists there wont be much time for the individual groups to make a decision...
I'm merely spitballing ideas. Putting suggestions on the table is the only way to work this out. As far as the second part of 'it will take time to come up with lists', give me a break. I think it would take all of one or two days for people to post their suggestions. This doesn't have to be an exact science on Day 1.

@TBM - what's to prevent the scum from simply stepping out of the square or using any other kind of ability we don't know about that could shield one of their members? That's a terrible idea. Scum points for you.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VV wrote:I think that Vi has specifically designed this game so that we cannot game it via plans. Vi is one creative man/woman/beast.
You're right. We shouldn't even try. GG scum, Vi is too smart, so there's no sense in trying. :roll:
VV wrote:I just don't see VPs plan and etc. after reading Feysal's revelation post about mines.
I responded to this already. And I don't think that many players have mines anyhow.

@ckd 247 - sigh, what are you not understanding? I did address this. Most weapons have to have a selected target, therefore they do not cause collateral damage. THIS IS TRUE OF THE MAFIA FACTIONAL KILL THAT IS LISTED IN THE OP. Are you suggesting that's not how the mafia kill works? If so, I'd like to hear on what grounds you think that's true.
ckd wrote:another question VP...if you were scum, could you come up with anyways that scum could use your idea to their advantage?....whether it be in group creation, placement, "voting" or anyting. you are a smart guy, so I really am looking forward to your answer here.
I think Feysal has a semi-valid point about the mines, but scum attempting that early is going to be a giveaway. Later in the game when we are at a great risk for lylo, it may be a danger to follow this plan depending on how thinned out we are. As of the first few days though, I see no reason why this plan would be unable to work. We have roughly 6 days left to move to our spots and kill someone. Then we wait for the mafia faction kill. If they move ahead with it, we have a PoE down to at least one scum out of three players. If they don't for fear of being PoE'ed, then we still at least stopped a kill.

--p.edit--
Yay, now the items thing is not an issue. Town decides who picks up items publicly. Anyone making an undirected grab for an item is scum.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VV wrote:Wait. So VP, are you suggesting that we cramp up to a diagonal line, (Say, NW, C, SE), and then wait for the Mafia kill to happen on one spot?
We still scumhunt and kill someone as per normal mafia game, but my plan with the diagonal groupings essentially gives us extra information after the scum make their NK.
VV wrote:What happens next then? Suppose someone fron NW was blasted. What next? We just hunt down the survivors? That soundss like an easy way for Mafia to join the mob and kill people.
Say from the four of us in the NW, I'm killed tonight. That means one of the remaining three players out of that square HAS to be scum. Percentage wise, getting a 33% chance of killing scum on D2 is pretty damn good.
Ckd wrote:I thought that the powers were randomly given as were the alignments...if that is true..then they could have the power I had in the demo phase...I chose a target..it had a 70% chance of hitting the target..if it missed..it had a 30% chance of hitting someone else...
I understand this, but you're obsessing about the wrong things. Ok, so let's say a scum gets this power you're worried about. Said scum player is almost always certainly going to target in the direction of multiple (at least two) players anyhow to increase his chances of hitting. Yes, with my plan he has a better chance of hitting, but it's public anyhow...so I don't think the scum is going to be taking unwarranted shots anyhow.

Further, and this is where you're missing my point I think, the mafia factional kill is not randomized. Mafia get a NK just like they would in any other game. This kill is linear and can only target one person, but presumably would never miss because it has massive HP drain. Therefore, if we line up diagonally (as described by myself and most recently by VV), when the scum use their linear NK it means that they MUST (without a doubt) be in the same square as the player who was NK.

So, 4 players in a square. 1 person from the mafia factional NK. 3 players remain and 1 of them WITHOUT A DOUBT is scum. Understand?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I really really want to kill VV today. His feigning ignorance of how the plan works is a massive scumtell. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt before, but my patience with it is finished. We should kill him now and then move to our spaces.

Feysal makes a good point about switching the diagonals. If mines do end up being planted we can scatter to safe areas until they detonate anyhow. The plan does not need to be so rigid that we cannot adapt to situations on the fly.

@Fate- Youve been tight across the chest all game. That is not really the town Fate I know. Really all you have done is call for a policy kill on vezo, who by most accounts here looks town. Give me a reason to not believe you are scum and I will believe it. Now, what are your thoughts on the plan I proposed?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Plum wrote:VP - Some mines don't detonate until there's someone around to hit.
Fair enough. If that's the case, we send in someone scummy to take one for the team. Refusal = death.
GG wrote:As for the plan I like going A1 B3 and C2 better- still prevents any linear firing but it also ensures that at least one group is within one tile of any item drops that occur so we can use em' faster.
See, now this man is thinking. Pro-town points for you.
GG wrote:except I think VV is more likely town than not
Why's that?

I could maybe compromise for a Furc or Fate kill today. Not sure yet, but we need to decide quickly. Everyone needs to be posting who they want to kill this phase in their next post so we can come to a consensus without wasting much more time.

Also, I agree with GG's movement plans. Here is where everyone needs to be for this phase, unless there are any reasonable objections.

A1-VPB, Fate, Buttonmen, Vezo
B3-Gamma, chesskid, ckd, Plum (uncloaked please)
C2-VV, Inhim, Feysal, Furcolow

Other than Vas and Inhim, people do not have far to go, so get there and prepare yourselves. Target can move to center square when we're ready to kill and be eliminated accordingly. That is, if the other players in the same square do not have the firepower to do so without aid. If you have moves to make, please submit them before 9pm (GMT-5) tonight.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think he's frustrated that I put them on the ropes early, but I'm open for discussion.

@chesskid - you say the word 'also' in your reasoning for wanting ckd dead. What are all of your reasons in bullet list form again?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree with GG town read anyhow. Your PoE doesn't have much merit unfortunately. I get why you are saying that, but it's a lot of WIFOM.

What do you think are his top three scummy posts?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm not sold really. Maybe the underreacting thing, but that's kind of a stretch.

ckd looks kind of scummy naturally though. Jury is still out for me. I need to see him play some more before I decide.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sigh. ckd, why?

Just ignore him if you're town.

Re: plum uncloaking. I'm undecided. If she's town, I want her to stay hidden. If she's scum, her staying hidden poses a massive danger to the non-linear line up plan. I don't think she needs to uncloak immediately though. I'm comfortable with her simply moving to her position and trusting her for now.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Plum wrote:In principle, sure. In practice, we may not know where a mine is until it's too late.
Well, we hear the click and a person has to be in the square when they plant it, correct? We should have a good idea as long as people aren't spread out crazy like.
Plum wrote:Wait, we're going to be in our designated squares for the entire phase?
For the most part. We at least need to be in them after we kill whoever.

@ckd - honestly, if you're town. it's not helping and it's making me want you dead. Just let it go for now.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

wtf. If that was plum, then she needs to die.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, yes inHim you did mention something like that, but I didn't think it was really fully expounded upon which is why I ran with it and fleshed it out. I certainly wasn't trying to steal credit, but you also didn't organize things at a fast enough pace.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Pretty sure chesskid is right there Vas, weapons resolve before movement. I really have no clue about what really took place in A1, and I'm not sure if we can figure it out at this point. There are several possibilities and a number of suspects.

If we want to test Feysal's suspicion, we could set our phasers to stun for this phase (ie 0 damage), just to prove that we can shoot them.

Also, I would like to have our top three suspects sorted out today so we can begin with the killing. Fate, Vas, ckd or TBM would all be great choices to kill today imo.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Let's not care about the egos anymore and start talking about who the scum are.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Furc is town. I don't want him dead anymore, regardless of threat to lylo or whatever people want to whine about. We have bigger fish to fry.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Not sold on that, what do you think about Fate?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I posted the lists where people should be. If you're not already there, get your behinds in gear.

I'm kind of thinking Plum needs to uncloak today too. If she had already started moving where she should be, I have an idea of where she should be at based on her reaction. Additionally, the fact that she's not posting her moves publically (at least saying directions) is kind of bothersome.

New rule: no more secret moves.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Look, we're not going to win this game by trying to out strategize the scum. We have less information than them and we're at a disadvantage. Posting publicly makes people accountable for what they do. This makes it more difficult for scum to be tricksy about their actions. See where I am getting at?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

GG wrote:As for secret moves- a cloak that doesn't let you move around or shoot is in fact a pretty shitty cloak.
Bingo
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

PlasmaPistol (TheButtonmen, 0)
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Re: Plum - we should just kill her now. She can obviously submit weapon attacks and movements secretly. I think if a visible scum player on the board could just secretly attack whoever, it'd be a pretty huge advantage to them. Therefore, I fully believe it was Plum that did this. Unless anyone has a reasonable objection, I'm going to shoot her today full blast.

Fate is possibly scum with her. Now that he's been called out for being a wimp and subordinating to me, he's trying to play the tough guy and comes out with a scum read out of no real substance on me. It's an excuse to shoot me because the scum want me out of the game. I suspect Feysal and Gamma will suffer similar fates (tee hee) soon. A little bit of history: This game is loosely based upon the 'everyone's a vig' mechanics of hohum's Last Man Standing game. In that game, one of the most important things to note was that the scum had itchy trigger fingers. They felt any slight push in their direction was a threat on their life, so they would immediately lash back with a physical attack in order to kill their verbal attacker. I believe the same psychology would be present in this game. A town player should readily understand that lashing out and shooting people isn't going to win this game for his team. Even though Fate shot me for no real reason, I know that if Fate does happen to be town (lol, slim chance), then damaging him hurts my win con. Essentially, we need to be very certain before the killing commences. Meanwhile, scum want to rush the game and try to cause anarchy. The pressure is on Plum at the moment and Fate feels it too. It was a dumb move and should be punished accordingly in due time.

Why the fuck is VV in A1 btw?

I support Gamma picking up the module. That being said, I also am starting to feel that ckd is town. He just acts like this when he gets upset in a mafia game. I'd be pretty surprised if he's scum at this point, but Gamma should take the module because I think he's town that will use it more responsibly. You're my boy ckd, but you have to calm yourself sometimes.

Re: chesskid my shield is on or off...I don't know what to think. @chesskid - why exactly did you think your shield was off? I would presume that's the kind of thing you'd receive a PM about. Seems weird to just say 'oh, my shield is off' out of the blue without any kind of prompting.

Plum tell us your location immediately. The more you stall, the more guilty you look.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, if plum wants to make that move, that's her choice. I think she's lying though and there isn't any reason for her to be in A1 or A3 anyhow. If she's there, she's scum because she already implied that she had a long way to move to get to her designated square and made no indication that she would not be moving there.

I am very tempted to have those of us in A1 fire upon her to out her.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

There you go. She needs to explain why she's in A3 or die. I see no legitimate reason to be hanging up there.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So, GG, ckd, InHim and anyone that can shoot linearly along the A row should be killing Plum.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You should be able to target with a linear shot, correct?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, it is possible that you hit her, but yeah...why isn't her cloak down then? If she really is down there though, then it may be slightly less likely that she fired on A1.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feysal wrote:If Plum started from A2, and was going to B3 like you said she should, then it makes perfect sense for her to be in A3.
Yeah, I considered that. See, the thing is that you shouldn't say aloud excuses for the scum. Let them find their own ways out of explaining things. They make mistakes, especially under pressure.
Feysal wrote:You suspected Plum immediately after the explosion, without even exploring other possibilities first. Why? Just now, you accepted Gammagooey's unexplained process of elimination that Plum had to be in A3. Why?
Because it is the most logical explanation. I've already explained that I think scum having a hidden weapon while they are visible is unbalanced in their favor. Cloaked scum with hidden weapons makes perfect sense however. I don't know what Gamma's PoE is, but he's my strongest town read at the moment and I trust him not to be lying. He could be wrong, but odds are he's going to explain it anyhow. No sense in not pressuring Plum.
Feysal wrote:Also, remember it was Fate who pointed out Plum being cloaked and started the whole uncloak or else train? And now you say Fate and Plum are scum together because Fate is reacting to the pressure on Plum, when it was Fate who started that push and has kept it up consistently?
Eh, I think Fate isn't really pushing plum that hard. He did mention the cloak thing first, but it could be distancing rather than bussing. He's certainly putting very little real pressure on her, choosing to shoot me inexplicably instead. Also, Fate seems the type of scum to bus from what I know of him, so its' definitely not out of the question.
Feysal wrote:Fate may be wrong to act on them though.
May be? I'm not saying I'm above reproach, but no one has even explained why I'm scummy at all. If you're going to shoot someone, you better have a damn good reason. I don't think Fate has any reason whatsoever other than he doesn't like me pressuring him.
Feysal wrote:Here is how we could do it. All we need to know is whether Plum was hit by your EMP. If she was and remains cloaked, then the cloak could not have been a support ability. Logically, if Plum uncloaks and reveals her position is somewhere on column 2, then she should be town.
I'm not following here. Even if you confirm her cloak is a special ability, the Gamma Ray has not been fired yet. Isn't the point that scum can only use one special ability at a time? Or am I missing something? How does this eliminate Plum from the scum list?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feysal wrote:
VP Baltar #479 wrote:I'm not following here. Even if you confirm her cloak is a special ability, the Gamma Ray has not been fired yet. Isn't the point that scum can only use one special ability at a time? Or am I missing something? How does this eliminate Plum from the scum list?
In the sample mafia role PM, under the description of the Gamma Pulse, it is said that "you may not pick up or equip special abilities while you hold this ability". The way I understood this, scum cannot even carry the Gamma Pulse if they want a special ability, so if Plum is using a special ability, she cannot have the Gamma Pulse. Now, it may be possible for scum to get a special ability at the start by random, but they could still not use it without dropping the Gamma Pulse. And given how great that weapon is, causing massive damage and being able to fire secretly, I don't see why any scum would throw it away willingly.
What if another buddy is simply holding the Gamma Pulse at the moment? I agree that plum wouldn't drop it for cloaking...but I don't see why another buddy couldn't have it while she uses cloak.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (isolation #43) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

And yet you haven't given a single reason you think I'm more worthy of being shot than Plum. You don't need to know where plum is to target her. If you fail, it simply proves where she's not.

Feel free to rage post and type in caps all day, my point stands.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vas, it's time to put the pipe down bro. The movement-shot thing has been explained like four times now :p
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So, um, wasn't Feysal's action supposed to work there?

There was no error. ~Vi
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (isolation #46) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

VP Baltar wrote:So, um, wasn't Feysal's action supposed to work there?

There was no error. ~Vi
Heh, yeah I realize. Just making note aloud. ;)
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (isolation #47) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If we don't kill Fate this cycle, I am disappoint. Even if he's town at this point, he needs to die because he will absolutely lose the game. Fortunately, he's not town though. I'm not as sure about Plum at this point, she's out of range of where I'd expect her to be for that A1 attack, but I'd need to look closely at the time frame to 100% certain.

I don't think her uncloaking was bad regardless. Having hidden people creates too much wifom the scum can exploit.

Fucolow is being awfully quiet this game. I don't like that much. I'll be online the rest of the day to give me reads and things before I'm apparently dead.

PlasmaPistol (Fate, 3)
Move South

Again, Fate needs to die this cycle because he's either scum or too idiotic to be allowed to live. Stay with the diagonal moving plan. As we can see from this mine, scum are pretty much unable to effectively target with mines this way. As long as everyone is in designated squares when the mines are planted, they should be relatively easy to dodge.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #48) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feysal wrote:Average HP has dropped to 6,4. Way to go, at this rate the town will self-destruct without even needing help from the scum.
If Fate and I both die though, that should raise it, correct? Unless we still count as zero after we're dead or something.

I highly encourage everyone in the A1 square to shoot and kill Fate today. As Feysal points out, he's tried to use an offensive weapon every day despite being told by nearly everyone to knock it off. If you let him live beyond today, he's just going to turn to shoot someone else tomorrow after I'm dead. It's best to just excise the cancer now and move forward with the game.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm already dead and will be flipping town shortly, so it doesn't much matter. You deserve to die because you play this game like a special needs child driving a bulldozer. It's not hard to see why people like benmage despise you.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Don't give me reason to and I won't. Several people have stated why acting recklessly is pro-scum in this game, and yet you do it anyhow. I don't believe furcolow is a bigger detriment to the game because he at least has the sense to not shoot people willy-nilly. Furc being so quiet is kind of indicative of him having a scum PM, but regardless of that I don't think he'd just open up fire on people.

Further, I've done nothing more this game than try to organize the town to best fight the scum and be as transparent as possible about my scum reads. Obviously you disagree with my reads because your name appeared on there. That's cool. Is that a reason to spaz out and kill me in two cycles when no one else seemingly agrees that I need to die immediately? Fuck no. So I'm sorry if you disagree, but you're not being helpful at all and should be exterminated immediately.

People should also look into how much TBM's activity has dropped off since the start of the game. I don't know if he's posting much on site, but he seems like a complete non-entity to me so far.

Feysal and Gamma are pretty strong town reads and shouldn't be killed. People should also not kill ckd just because he gets angry. Look into his town meta and you'll see the same, so it's a null tell. I'm kind of leaning town on him, but I'm not all that certain on it.

I'll keep working on getting the rest of my reads out there and post some kind of a cohesive list by the end of the day.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (isolation #51) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Gamma - I still say kill Fate now for your own good because he's going to shoot someone else tomorrow now that I'm dead. He's a real threat to the town, regardless of alignment. The only way I would say hold off for my flip is if he publicly promises to do the same.

Re:Feysal - call it gut if you want, but I think feysal is trying to strategize for the town. I mean, if I'm really tiering players he's not nearly as high as you are...as in, I could see the case you are making on him as being accurate. Maybe he just gets a town read because other players are so lacking. I'd still say players like Fate and furc need to die first. Probably followed by TBM.

@InHim - To the batcave.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Inhim is prob. town btw. I'll have more info later.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Don't give Fate excuses. Either make him publicly promise not to shoot anyone tomorrow on pain of death, or just kill him now. Plain and simple.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh yay, even more glad I'm dead now.

Fate, you publicly promising not to shoot anyone on the next phase or not?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hey, where's this guy: VasudeVa

Yo, Chesskid, what are your scum reads right now?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (isolation #56) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Fate wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
PlasmaPistol (TheButtonmen, 0)
What was the point of this, by the way?
We were attempting to show that I didn't send some spark BS across some squares because I wasn't in cooldown mode. I think it didn't matter because I was a day late anyhow.

Fate, I take it you simply didn't have your weapon recharged and that's why I live at the moment?

I'd be up for killing Furc soon, as he's lurking scum. Who would we like to take the module?

ckd, as the only person trying to keep the wolves at bay for your temper tantrum earlier, I am disappointed...any reason for a scum read on me?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (isolation #57) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, I don't see anyone else vouching for your behavior as happening when you are town as well as scum. I'm not outright defending you, just saying that people probably still want you dead someone for shooting chesskid. But anyhow, not like I can respond to a gut case.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VPB wrote:That being said, I also am starting to feel that ckd is town. He just acts like this when he gets upset in a mafia game. I'd be pretty surprised if he's scum at this point, but Gamma should take the module because I think he's town that will use it more responsibly. You're my boy ckd, but you have to calm yourself sometimes.
VPB wrote:People should also not kill ckd just because he gets angry. Look into his town meta and you'll see the same, so it's a null tell. I'm kind of leaning town on him, but I'm not all that certain on it.
When I was giving my thoughts from my deathbed.

I think people don't like your impulsiveness. I'm not exactly sure why they are giving chesskid a free pass for the same action, but it's probably because you've been vocal and he's done his best to drift into the background.

Speaking of which, chesskid, I don't care if your reads are all over the place, who are your top three suspects?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (isolation #59) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't think weapons confirmations are the best idea. Borders too much on outguess the mod.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Is there anyone opposed to killing Furc? All of this speculation about weaponry is useful to a degree, but we need to start seeing some alignments soon. The one good thing out of my death was going to be at least you guys could know I was town then, but now we don't have that, so we need to start flipping people methodically.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (isolation #61) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Move North

Everything said in the past three pages is so stupid I'm sorry I read it. Gamma and Inhim are not scum, nor should they be dying.

TBM perhaps. I want to see Plum's flip before we kill anyone else. Chesskid, you better not shoot ckd before that flip.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sigh. Plum will be flipping this phase and shooting others is unnecessary.

PLUS vezok isn't likely scum...at least as far as I can see.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (isolation #63) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Furc's phone story seems to check out. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on my scum read now since it was almost entirely based on him not posting. Plus he's right about people needing to be organized and in the correct positions.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (isolation #64) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think people can just be at the squares I designated originally. Gamma is going to pick up the module apparently unless people have objections to that. If enough people do, then we need to assign someone else to pick it up. Other than that, I don't see why people are scattered all over holy hell.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (isolation #65) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VPB wrote:A1-VPB, Fate, Buttonmen, Vezo
B3-Gamma, chesskid, ckd, Plum
C2-VV, Inhim, Feysal, Furcolow
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Why am I sparking?

@chesskid- wait one fucking day for Plum to flip. Then we can see whatever actions we need to see.

@Plum - Any last words?

@ Everyone - I'd like to nab that module. Anyone object?

-p.edit-

@gamma - why do you think plum will "probably flip town"?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh boo...I thought fading meant you had another day. Oh well.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Move South

Gamma - you get something worth sharing with the class?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm not so sure about the InHim-Fate connection. I'd be happy to kill Fate first and find out though.

I'm still dying from whatever Fate hit me with, right?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

How long is that supposed to last until?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Cool, well this module better be a shield then. That or someone could be cool and save my ass before I move south here.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (isolation #72) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Someone should heal me (touch me, feel meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, etc)

I don't know WHO sang that... ~Vi
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, I'm only going to leak this bit of information at this point and I'll decide later if I want to elaborate on it, but I have information that points toward inHim being town and I don't think he should be a first choice to kill. I'll probably reveal this information if I'm going to die, but I'm hoping I'll have a knight in shining armor come and save me. Anyone? I'm sure there is some town player out there that can help a brother out. Do it in secret if you must, just don't let me perish today. I've been to the brink of death once, and it was unpleasant.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (isolation #74) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Fate's finally starting to make sense, Gamma. I don't know if I agree with him about the scum team distribution, but I do agree that chesskid looks like crap with the way he's being idiotic about wanting to kill ckd because plum was a SK. You two need to stop the infighting because you're both probably town. I'm going to die, so listen to me like I"m gandalf at this point.

Despite not doing much of anything vezok is kinda townish, but keep an open mind on his alignment as you get flips later. Regardless, he only has 20 % health at this point and isn't much of a threat to anyone.

I think you make some good points about Feysal hedging his bets on a Plum town flip Gamma. I don't see why he was so damn resistant to the idea that she could have caused the damage up there. It almost makes me think she didn't cause it and that scum-Feysal knew his team did it. Then when attention turned toward SK-Plum, he assumed she was a townie that had nothing related to what his scum team did. Regardless, he's way off my town list.

Again, I say you need to trust me on the inHim thing. If you don't think he's that town, I will tell you this: he openly told me his abilities through a game mechanic and I don't think this is something the scum would do. Additionally, his abilities don't seem like something scum would have, so that is why I don't think it is likely he's scum.

chesskid probably needs to be eliminated simply because he's going to shoot people for no reason. kill him with fire and anyone that follows in his mold.

I'm not sure what to do with Furc, he's being pretty contentless still. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because of his phone issues, but that patience is wearing pretty thin.

@Fate - as much as I would like to be healed, unless it's 100 percent, it's probably better that you just save it for yourself. If you can only heal a couple HP with the module, I want you to take it, then form a new alliance of the one ring with Gamma and win this game. If I only get healed for low HP, I'll still be an easy scum target later.

Anyone's opinions on me shooting chesskid today before I move center?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Gamma wrote:VP's agreeing with my Feysal read actually made me think Feysal is more likely town- For him to be scum trying to get cred for Plum-town flip then he would have had to have one of his own scumteam make the shot instead, and Plum's refusal to shoot anything to prove she had another weapon points pretty strongly towards the plasma burst coming from her.
I don't get this. You're forgetting he could legit scum hunt her because they weren't on the same team if he's scum. I'm not saying it's damning evidence, but it did feel like he was playing both sides of that fence. I saw no reason to think she was town because there wasn't another explanation for the invisible shot. Her movement messed up my suspicions on her, but oh well.

Please explain to me where your chesskid-town read is coming from, because I don't see it at all.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (isolation #76) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm kind of inclined to shoot buttonmen too since he's apparently caught in a vortex to Tues.-Wed. business and can never say anything of value. I'll decide shortly as I catch up on my other games.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't think there are two scum teams. Fate is on crack...but he's also town, so just accept it as my final will and testament.

Also, I'm not reading your iso because this game makes my brain hurt. I've been barely reading along this entire time. Give me the bullet points on chess-town. It's not going to take you that long to do that.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (isolation #78) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Meh...I don't think that's great reasoning really, but I don't know chess very well.

PlasmaPistol (TheButtonMen, 3)

I'm signing off. Best of luck. Gamma, Fate and probably InHim are town. I neighborized inHim when I thought I was going to die before to try to gain insight into his alignment. He immediately told me his abilities, which as I said before is not something I'd expect scum to give up readily. Additionally, his abilities don't seem very scum like, so that calms my fears too. He hasn't been very talkative in our QT, which bothers me slightly, but not enough to override my town read. I don't think you guys should try to kill him any time soon...but he's also not confirmed. This is just my opinion.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (isolation #79) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

wow, TBM has a protect. What a scummy surprise.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (isolation #80) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PlasmaPistol (TheButtonMen, 3)

Kill this scumbag today. Furc may be next. They killed my boy inHim because he was awesome. Someone revive him if you can because he just might have the calvary.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (isolation #81) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I've been thinking about the setup a bit. It has occurred to me that it may be something like a 8-1-1-1 or something of that nature due to the chaos of everything, but I have no strong reason to believe that.

Last Man Standing was a 7-3-1 or something like that, but it wasn't particularly balanced. Vi may also have taken that setup and tried to balance it, so consider that as another possibility.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feysal wrote:VP Baltar, you said you had neighborized inHimshallibe. When did you do this?
Tuesday, Jan 18 @ 8:32 am (GMT-5)

My cooldown was -2 days at the start of the game, and two days for any abilities after that. I was originally going to neighborize you, but I used it too early and had to wait.

FYI, my other ability was to pick up modules that were adjacent to me...which is why I headed south before I realized I was still sparking. I could have potentially picked up the module before fate by being next to it. Scum probably have this ability and nabbed the first module out from under Gamma before. So it might be worthwhile to look back at who was up there.

Feysal, please explain what your questions were intended for and why you wanted me to "prove" my neighborizor ability when I'm going to die. You think I would lie about it?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (isolation #83) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Gamma wrote:VPPPPPPPPP I wish you had said you had the sneaky module pickup ability in the demo earlier but thank you a billion times for saying it now.
I would have, but I didn't have it then. I was keeping my secrets, but now is the time to put it on the table.

If people would like inHim's abilities too, I can reveal those as well since he's dead and the info may be of use.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (isolation #84) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

InHim indeed did not pick up the module.

Anyhow, his abilities were LifeHack, which causes six damage and heals him for three. (kind of annoying he died right away since he could have saved himself with this).

The other was PlugIn, which was the light rail I used in the demo to get outside of the board.

p.edit

@gamma - it was support

@chesskid - I already shot him. I can't do anything else. He won't die from my shot along I think.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

It's 2 days, the same as my other ability.

Also, time to protect Fate from the scumbags:

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (isolation #86) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Be brave young
hobbits
pokemons
scummers.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (isolation #87) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

vezokpiraka wrote:The ting that made the town lose was not knowing the gama pulse changed.

If we knew it killed a player we could have prepared for it better.
That wasnt' why the town lost.

Biggest issues in this game were 1) allowing people to pull stupid shit and get away with it, and (ironically) 2) not being able to separate stupid scummy from stupid town.

Furc was obviously playing to his scum meta when he wasn't doing shit. I said this early in the game, but I let him off when he had his phone posting business here and in other games. If that was an intentional play, kind of disappointed in you Furc since that is bordering on gaming V/LA for an advantage...but oh well. Vas should have been killed much sooner and I'm not really even sure why he was allowed to live so long. I would have enjoyed him dead shortly after Plum really just because he was doing nothing at all, which is kind of what I expected the scum to do here.

Gamma and Fate, you ignored gandalf! So much so that even I was starting to get convinced one of you was scum :P. Death filled games require town trust more than anything else. You have forsaken the fellowship with your infighting.

Feysal, I think people were suspicious of you because you were pretty heavily focused on the strategy stuff. Obviously that's how you play, but it was hard at times to tell if you were setting plans for town to win or fail because it was all strategy, all the time. I don't know what you really could have done differently other than try to break up the Gamma-Fate word battle that allowed the scum to lurk.

Re: the setup - It was a fun game, but pretty chaotic for mafia. Before the game even started, I suspected the scum would have an advantage in this environment. Vi made the right call with only a two man scum team because three would have been easy to abuse. It was fun overall and thanks for modding, Vi. I know you're hard on yourself about your setups, but this would have been pretty difficult to control no matter what you did due to the sheer number of variables.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feysal wrote:Strategizing is my best skill in mafia, and in a setup this complex it was my best play. I felt that trying to scumhunt amidst the chaos was a waste of time, and trying to use the game mechanics to town advantage was the best thing to do. Ironically, when Gammagooey prodded me enough, I actually nailed both mafia in my suspect list.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I thought you were doing the right thing at first. Town needed an effective strategy to win. I thought you were exceedingly town at first because you were helping me strategize and give us some organization. I think the problem was that you continued down that route after we had come up with the plan to shut down the gamma pulse. The Plum thing bothered me because I thought she looked like obv scum the way she was dodging about, but you defended her at a bad time. Obviously in hindsight I can see better where you are coming from, but at the time it looked more like you were trying to grab town cred when you thought she was going to flip town. It's no big deal though. You're still somewhat new to the site, so it just takes time for people to learn what to expect from you as either alignment.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also I was really confused about you questioning me on P2P after I was dead. :P
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (isolation #90) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, I didn't say it before, but good game scum. You played it exactly how you should have, dodging firefights and letting a bickering town consume itself. I would have done the same in this setup.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”