Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Gaoth »

Nicodemus: What? I haven't even said anything! I logged on today and it was like, "Nico wants you dead." Jerk. I can't believe you would do that to me right out of the gate.

On a different note, because of how Mariyta slammed RobCapone,

vote: RobCapone
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Nicodemus wrote:
Gaoth wrote:Nicodemus: What? I haven't even said anything! I logged on today and it was like, "Nico wants you dead." Jerk. I can't believe you would do that to me right out of the gate.

On a different note, because of how Mariyta slammed RobCapone,

vote: RobCapone
Come on, how could this be any more obvious? He's already flailing, with one RVS vote on him. Votes people, votes.

Kudos to Mariyta for catching the disconnect in the second half of this post as well.
Thanks, bud. Good thing I got on tonight so I could defend myself from
BS
reactions to
BS
RVSing.
Seriously though, RobCapone, it was more of a joke than an actual vote. Emphasis on RVS, lol. No harm, no foul.
Probably not coming back on til 3 or so tomorrow, but not without informing Nicodemus that RobCapone pointed the "disconnect" out, not Mariyta.

FoS Nicodemus
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Gaoth »

First of all, DH has got me pretty well convinced that Cable is scummy scum scum scum.

That said, I need to express my opinion and agree with mariyta and RC about my displeasure concerning the full page posts. I think we just need to get this vote going and get Cable's scum ass outta here. Cable's main argument is that he's following his gut, but in a game like this, isn't logic the prime weapon? Leave your guts in your body, not all over the wall.

Unvote: RobCapone
VOTE: LORD CABLE

"Can't you see this constant fighting is tearing us all apart??" - Jimmy Neutron
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Real sorry guys. Since my last post, I had three days of late nights working on homework/group projects, and then I went home for the weekend (a four plus hour drive) to help my girlfriend move out of her house, and watch my little brother wrestle.

Anyway, In regards to Palmertrou's comment (and I apologize for the formatting mistakes here):

"Gaoth
Just think that Goath came out of the shadows purely to vote for the biggest wagon. My read on his vote. EGMEOY."

Close, but no cigar. I managed to get on, read through the wall to wall DH vs. LC discussion, and of the two, DH had me most convinced. I voted for the party I believed to be scum. Isn't that the point of this game?

Nice to know that three math classes counts as the shadows.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Gaoth »

DemonHybrid wrote:So, altogether, I'm willing to bet on an LC/werewolf/One of Sapo or one of the lurkers (WomC, Gaoth, Nico) scumteam. Rob is just dumb IMO and I think he's just a frustrated townie.
As far as I'm concerned here, I'm really sorry about my lack of posting. I read through everything since my second to last post and hit it on saturday, but was rushed out of the house, and I have extremely LA in my house/on the road.

I'm amazed at the change in sides. I thought we were between DH and LC (who has my vote). Now we are on Chesskid and malthusis? I'm not used to forum style mafia, being a veteran of the group in room style, so i'm having problems wrapping my mind around/keeping straight the conversations. Just need time to think, i guess. :oops:

However, based on what I have been reading, I'm my gut is pointing toward Malthusis over chesskid, but I'm also worried the bulbasaur cuteness has my mind distracted. I will need to meditate on this information and confirm for myself.

But not as much as RobCapone's avatar change.

-/-

What ever happened to the old school yelling matches I am so familiar with? *sighs*
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Gaoth »

Gaoth wrote: I'm amazed at the change in sides. I thought we were between DH and LC (who has my vote). Now we are on Chesskid and malthusis? I'm not used to forum style mafia, being a veteran of the group in room style, so i'm having problems wrapping my mind around/keeping straight the conversations. Just need time to think, i guess. :oops:

However, based on what I have been
reading
, I'm my gut is pointing toward Malthusis over chesskid, but I'm also worried the bulbasaur cuteness has my mind distracted. I will need to
meditate on this information and confirm for myself

But not as much as RobCapone's avatar change.

-/-

What ever happened to the old school yelling matches I am so familiar with? *sighs*
Personally I think RC is really just upset I criticized his avatar, is reacting very negatively to an obvious joke. Its not my fault I preferred the mobster to the new santa icon...

For chesskid, I think i said above that i am reading, but things are flying so fast that I can't keep it all straight, at least thats how it appears. I wasn't aware i needed to check back on this every hour or so.
RobCapone wrote:You know what, I'm gonna change it up

unvote: Lord Cable
Vote: Gaoth

He says 2 different times that he likes the Lord Cable wagon because DH's arguments convinced him, he doesn't make his own case, just sheeps DH

Second his activity is just enough to stay on the radar, I know cause I forgot he was playing til right now

Third, he comes back and comments that the wagon has shifted from DH and LC to chess and Mal but his gut says mal

Again no case (granted he doesn't change his vote) and chooses mal over chess because (my assumption) chess is the more pro-town person of the group

I just feel gaoth's laying low and sheeping is awfully suspicious to me
1) Good Job! you noticed I did not change my vote, which is a clear indicator of my confusion, because if i understood where the conversation is, maybe i would have. Do I need to explicitly say that I agree with DH's analysis of LC from the opening pages of the game, and that DH's conclusions mirror my own?

2) Once again, I had a long weekend. I spent all saturday morning in a school gym sans computer. I tried to check on things with my itouch, but wouldnt you know it? mafiascum doesn't get through the school's firewall. that night was family time, dinner and such. and guess what? got up way to early for the wrestling thing, and was tired at night! Add in 3 to 4 hours both ways in getting home, and a girlfriend who doesn't want me glued to a computer when she's around, and I had
LIMITED ACCESS
over the weekend and did the best I could to try and keep up with the thread.

3) I said I needed to think more on the topic of Mal! I didnt know the tag of "reasons to follow" or "for my own reasons" absolved a person of any need to immediately explain their posistion.
RobCapone wrote:Dude your play compared to mine, hands down you win the VI comparison

But right now my case on Gaoth makes sense to me, his purposeful non scum hunting play style is typical play for mafia cause mafia can't scum hunt.

Voting without a case is the most in-town thing you can do in a game
. A case forces you to out your reasons down to be analyzed by everyone

Right now my case is 2 people without a case and 1 with a vote cause he thinks I'm being a hypocrite or contradicting
Could you clarify the bolded line in the above quote? Cause it seems awfully contradictory if I'm reading it right.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Gaoth »

Also, lets not forget that you are/have been under suspicion from multiple players and are trying to grab a low laying (haha, see what I did there?) branch to boost yourself up.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Gaoth »

I don't think I mentioned the random vote...

And whoever that was lied, cause you seem pretty scummy and seem to have been doing a fair amount of scum hunting over the last several pages.

If what I say about my inactivity is true, then it follows that my lack of posting is purely genuine, and you have no real case.

Besides, If you want to talk about lack of activity, why not single out Nico? You and he have not had any kind of interactions as far as I can see, where as I have jokingly criticized you on two separate occasions. Scum buddies much?
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Gaoth »

I feel like there is an insult in there somewhere, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

You still didn't explain why you brought up my RVS.

And I believe newbs don't know how to scum hunt well, to the standards of mafiascum, or your elevated expectations, oh master of the scum hunt. just saying.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Gaoth »

RobCapone wrote: 3. Things are not what they appear
I can tell you are not a newb, sorry if thats how it sounded. My reaction is based on my feeling that your accusation of my is groundless, as my inactivity is legitimate and genuine. Also, I'm frustrated by the fact that I got sucked into a tennis match, when the ten pages of tennis matches prior to this were not any fun to read/keep straight. at least ours has the benefit of being uninterrupted. Its been a long two weeks.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Gaoth »

which is completely out of character for nico. just saying *cough*go get him mod*cough*
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Gaoth »

RobCapone wrote:Funny thing is i haven't been scummy and I have made plenty of sense

My case on Gaoth is also super solid reasoning
This is a non sequitur.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Gaoth »

You want four reasons? How about 4 from the last page of your ISO? (Arbitrary numbers FTW!!!)
RobCapone wrote:
Gaoth wrote:
RobCapone wrote:Funny thing is i haven't been scummy and I have made plenty of sense

My case on Gaoth is also super solid reasoning
This is a non sequitur.
You can't call something illogical without saying why
You have been scummy. We all agree on that point, even if you don't. You have made little to no sense. For example, your case on me, to me, makes no sense, as I am telling the truth about my inactivity (you will notice that since I have gotten back and gotten the hang of this thread, my activity has increased to somewhere near your standards, which I believe require a player to be always on here, always reading), and you're case is based on me lying about that and being a lurker. Therefore, your case on me is really just bullshit flailing, trying to pick off a "weaker" player than you.

Jumps in logic = scumtastic flailing
RobCapone wrote:Why do you care so much about what others think?

Think for yourself
To get someone lynched, you need people to believe (THINK) what you are saying is true. The more people believe what you believe, the more likely you own desires will be carried out. Only scum don't care what others think about other people, because they don't need a majority to get players lynched. Only their scum buddies.
RobCapone wrote: I am more than willing to be lynched to help end the day
Another (essential) self vote? This says, "Imma make you think I don't care if I die cause I'm town and not having fun, but really I'm scum." Common tactic in first time players (I KNOW YOU'RE NOT) in my four + years playing the "live action version. I've been lynched for pulling this shit. He wants to die? Let him.
RobCapone wrote: Use your brains here, if you really think mafia is going to make themselves a target day 1, you are sadly mistaken

I can honestly say I have never caught scum by them being obvious, maybe your experiences are different so if you have lynched scum day 1 because they were acting like a VI, link me to it please cause I have never seen it happen.

I stopped thinking and my play went to shit, I am not proud of my play this game but I assure you, I am on town's side this game.
You have made yourself a target. Now put the red down, and show us those red hands. You have basically accused everyone playing this game of being scum, either for inactivity, or too much activity resulting in scumslips. are you the only person not capable of making a scumslip?

Ironic that you claim to not have caught someone by being obvious, because your flailing has made it pretty easy for us to catch you.

Wait, when did you stop thinking? After you posted your confirmation? Regardless, I don't think you started thinking again. I mean, your "good case" on me is based on inactivity, inactivity which I have more than explained/apologized for.

Which brings me to my next point. You're on the town's side? You tell me I'm lying because its easy to empathize with real life experiences? I think its easier to type "I'm town." That, sir, is a lie.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Gaoth »

WoMC: I really only did that because Rob was asking for four points, acting like he hadn't done anything scummy. I was trying to point out the ludicrousness of asking for an arbitrary number of reasons, as if he will be satisfied and submit. And his claim that I havent been doing any kind of actual reasoning.

Unvote Lord Cable
Vote: Rob Capone

WHEW! Glad I got that in before the impending vote count. Don't want to be called a sheep for voting the obvious choice.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Gaoth »

@palmertrou: that was a touch of sarcasm because he accused me of sheeping earlier. I could care less what he says, lol

Also, could you explain that acronym? It confused me, hahaha
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Gaoth »

palmertrou wrote:
Gaoth wrote:@palmertrou: that was a touch of sarcasm because he accused me of sheeping earlier. I could care less what he says, lol

Also, could you explain that acronym? It confused me, hahaha
You forgot your sarcasm brackets I think. (Y.F.Y.S.B.I.T) The acronym was meant to be unguessable.
Indeed it was! Thanks for the clarification.
palmertrou wrote: It's only my gut that's telling me that RobCapone is probably town. He's done nothing to convince me otherwise logically though. My gut got me in trouble last game so I'm intentionally not listening to it as much. I'm conflicted. If RobCapone is scum then I'd be a massive douche for a wagon switch right now. So my vote will remain on RC come deadline.
I concur in regards to RC. While Werewolf is the easy lynch (He has seven votes ATOP), i feel like RC is the much scummier person, trying to hide his "scum can't scum hunt" philosophy behind over the top scum hunting. Also staying with RC. Not that you guys need my help anyway, lol

P-edit: If LC says no, hes lying. If he says yes, then we have a confession!
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Nicodemus wrote:This werewolf wagon was pretty confusing. Usually when a wagon forms that quickly it's on town, because scum would be there to help push it along. If werewolf really is scum though, then RC, DH, and to a lesser extent LC get copious amounts of town cred. There
might
have been one scum on him before DH voted, but no more than one scum after, and very probably none. I'll definitely be looking at the people off the wagon tomorrow, and possibly those voting before the werewolf wagon took off.
The bussing of Sapo by Nico seems pretty plausible, especially if we consider this comment where he tried to buddy up to "RC, DH, and to a lesser extent LC" while hinting at one scum member being on before the wagon took off. Hinting Sapo? I think so.

UNVOTE RC,
VOTE SAPOROVIRUS
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Oh. My bad.... i didn't know the etiquette, but I voted because I really thought she has scum potential, w/ or w/o Nico's bussing, though I think he made a good case on her yesterday. Do you think she deserves a chance? Or do you think there is a chance shes not scum? Also, does Nico's scum flip negate any authenticity to his argument?

P-edit That was my thought too, WoMC

p-p-edit Is that to me? or RC?
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Gaoth »

oh, and

unvote: saporovirus

but only so she can confirm her scummness...

again, sorry for the breach in etiquette. :oops:
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Gaoth »

RobCapone wrote:if you want to mislynch by all means vote me
Again with the guilt tripping? when are you gonna stop this?
RobCapone wrote:and scum can't scumhunt is the truth, you could be scum for all I know

why don't we all claim our band names
Why? Sounds like you wanna know what bands could be up for grabs so you can fake claim.
RobCapone wrote:hmm mal replacing is suspicious
Trying to throw the scent off yourself. clever.
palmertrou wrote:You're whole 'scum can't scumhunt' spiel was probably to buy town credit as you were feigning ignorance to the 8:2:2 set-up.

Ah hell, why did I ever consider unvoting you.

TOWN! Can we do what we should've done day 1 please! I know that last nights wagon smells scummy and it doesn't incriminate him as much as WoMC and Goath but let look at the whole picture.

unvote: Vote RobCapone.
Ive been saying this for a while, palmer. again, I apologize for the hammer. I honestly believed sapo had scum potential, and I tried to unvote, but slaxx's post beat mine by miliseconds, it seems.

VOTE ROBCAPONE
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Gaoth »

EBWOP: I tried to unvote after i was informed that what i had done was taboo. At the time I believed her to be scum, and didnt think she deserved a chance to defend herself, but some people did, so i tried, and failed. Obviously, I was wrong.

p-edit: Yes. yes i am. i am sorry for forgetting that you claimed, the wording made me think you hadnt yet.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Gaoth »

RobCapone wrote:you are scum cause you hammered without waiting for a claim, if we are lynching anyone it really should be you

unvote, vote: Gaoth

hammer without waiting for a claim is the most scummy thing anyone can do, luckily it was just a townie and not something more important
Change the record!!! Im sorry. It was a mistake. What part of first time player are you not getting?

Just a townie? Die, scum, die.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”