Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Muffin »

let's bandwagon to victory, guys.

vote exe
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Muffin »

Copper wrote:Okay, first things first. This will be a quick game. Every day with have a ten day deadline. That means we don't have much time for goofing about.

I'd like to discuss the game first, because I think we need a competent strategy for how to come at it.
Mod wrote:
1.) The mafia in this game are attempting to break out of prison. The rumors going around are that they will do this by breaking out enough prisoners to start a riot. Prisoners will be told when they are freed but not by whom. When all the prisoners are freed the riot will start and the Battle of Alcatraz will begin and the jail will fall.
2.) All Prisoners start off the game in the "imprisoned" status. This is a special status that works the same as being jail-kept in other mafia games, such that the player can not be targeted by any abilities. Players may only be freed while in this state.
3.) I am Fate, the all powerful and omnipotent philosophical entity. I am also Warden of this prison, and should anyone make any mention of their cell being unlocked, I will execute them on the spot and put the prison on Lockdown.
  • Prisoners are seemingly both townie/mafia roles depending on their jailed status. Apparently there is at least one mafia member who is either "on the outside", as it were, or at least one member who has the ability to tunnel out or pick the locks in some way.
  • The scum may or may not have a nightkill. We shouldn't assume either way, but it's very possible that they do not.
  • No one is allowed to tell when it is they're freed (this sounds pretty subjective... we'll need to keep an eye on this one).
  • The scum with the ability to open jail cells may or may not be told if their action was successful.
  • The scum may or may not have the ability to communicate. Given the Prisoner PM, I'm thinking at least the Prisoners cannot talk amongst themselves/their freers.
Mod
, what exactly does a "Lockdown" do to the game? Also, are there any other triggers for this besides someone revealing their freed status?

My first thoughts are that we approach this game is that I'm thinking Prisoners with some means of breaking themselves out ought to claim their powers. Even if you die you should still win (as long as town wins of course, but you giving yourself up will help that tremendously). I'm still considering how this mechanic should change our approach to the game, but role flips will undoubtedly be the most helpful information at this point.
To me this reads like instead of scum we have a cult, and their recruitment mechanic flavour is "unlock".

@mod can we get clarification on this? It's kind of confusing.

Nope. Read my last post.
Last edited by Fate on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Muffin »

ReaperCharlie wrote:P.S. Sweet. I get to play with Muffin. I've been wanting to play with him ever since The Brave and the Beautiful.
yay!
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Muffin »

ReaperCharlie wrote:It's very scummy try to discourage discussion of the setup.

They already know it, and they don't want the town to figure out any more than they already know.

IGMEOY: TBM, Budja, Hindu, Cooldog

There is very likely at least one scum in there, if not both.
In this particular case you might be right, but I disagree that it's scummy to try to discourage setup speculation. I think if I were scum in a game like this I'd be attempting to encourage as much mod-wifom and mod-outguessing as possible because it would be easy in such cases for even the weakest scum players to "blend in" as it were.

No, I'm not saying setup speculation is anti-town, but I don't think it's either necessary or pro-town.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Muffin »

ReaperCharlie wrote:ebwop: That was at Exe. Dam# you, Muffin.
Ninja posting FTW
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Muffin »

Exe wrote:Budja is piggybacking.
FoS

ReaperCharlie's analysis is wrong. I remind every game that I am busy on weekends now that school has started, (you can see this in every game so far since then), and as such it is a null tell.
In terms of the rest, the analysis is mostly logical but wrong. The unvote/revote is a fairly null tell, as remembering my RVS vote is not a high priority regardless of alignment. Also, moving to Nopoint was completely logical: he is scummier than you, RC.

I am still comfortable with my vote. Budja is not looking too hot either. More on other players later tonight.
You're doing an awful lot of telling us how to interpret your actions. I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on the unvote/revote. That does look an awful lot like someone who isn't paying attn to the thread.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Muffin »

ReaperCharlie wrote:There is a big difference between setup speculation (i.e. postulation of personal opinions), versus clarification of nebulous wording in the ruleset. Asking the mod questions about the rules does not constitute setup speculation. Which is why discouragement of said clarification, especially under the brand that it is speculation in and of itself, is quite scummy.
Fair point.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Muffin »

Exe's doing a lot of defending himself and not a lot of scumhunting.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Muffin »

Exe wrote:So care to tell me how exactly you're helping the town right now? Maybe you should do some scumhunting? Or, maybe you're probably scum. I'd go with the latter.
LOL nice omgus.

No, my lack of activity in this game stems from the fact that I feel kinda paralyzed with regards to what we ought to be doing. Scum have some sort of weird, unexplained recruitment mechanic, it's possible they have no kills, we can't discuss if we've been recruited/freed or not, and it's not clear to me what happens when someone is lynched.

So... I can't figure out what scum are supposed to be doing which means I don't really know what to look for. :shifty:
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Muffin »

SpyreX wrote:On the other hand, I don't believe set-up speculation at this period is pro-town because scums have more info than town at this point of the game.
Such was my point
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Muffin »

Sorry guys, got busy irl. Trying to catch up.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Muffin »

Well I've re-read everyone in ISO and my vote is pretty comfortable on Exe right now, though I have others I'm keeping an eye on.

Not reading the thread carefully

He also seems to be wavering on who to vote for.
Exe wrote:LOL nice calling OMGUS. That's terrible scumhunting. Omgus is a crap tell.

Way to use the slight confusion in game mechanics to hide your lack of desire to commit to scumhunting.

Scum are still scum. As far as we know, a lynch is still a lynch. Stop creating excuses and hunt for scum.
Scum AREN'T still scum because if their nightkills don't die, there doesn't have to be any rhyme or reason to their choice of targets, esp. since the players targeted cannot discuss their freed/unfreed status. Stop trying to obfuscate the issue.

hiding behind meta wifom

More AtE than I can count.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Muffin »

Exe wrote:He has "others" he's keeping an eye on, but doesn't say how or why.
That's how I roll. I pick the person on whom I have the strongest scum read and go after them.
It's a clear attempt to appear to be scumhunting without actually doing it.
Trying my best. This game is almost opaque to me so far, and I think a lynch will tell us a lot.
His quote of me suggests that he knows more about the game setup than most of us.
How so?
AND
NOTE:
Muffin's had me voted since the RVS and HASN'T COMMENTED ON ANY OTHER PLAYERS ALL GAME. Obvious scum is obvious.
Are you saying the fact that my RVS vote landed on someone whom I later found scummy is scummy?
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Muffin »

Exe wrote:In order of your lines:

1) Meta wifom now? How hypocritical.
2) Town doesn't need to apologize or say "I'm trying my best." This is another attempt to appear to be scumhunting.
3) We don't know for sure how the scum work yet. You're making a huge assumption, most likely based on your knowledge of your own scum role.
4) Nice strawman. The point of that quote was that you joined an RVS wagon, and then after everyone else built a case on me, you tunneled on it. Mega scummy.
  1. It ain't meta nor wifom. I'm straight telling you that's how I roll. Either take it or leave it.
  2. *shrug* I'm not playing as well as I could be because this game setup is confusing to me. Funny you should call me out for apologizing unnecessarily when you did so earlier in the thread. Pot, kettle, black, etc.
  3. WOW ARE YOU NEW? THE MOD HAS PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED WHAT I SAID IN THIS POST HERE http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p2572921
  4. No, what happened was I joined an RVS wagon, and then you started acting scummy so I focused my attention on you.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Muffin »

EARTH TO EXE... EARTH TO EXE... PLEASE COME IN.

WIFOM IS CIRCULAR REASONING. ME TELLING YOU "THIS IS WHAT IM DOING THIS GAME" IS NOT WIFOM NOR CIRCULAR REASONING KTHXBYE
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Muffin »

Copper wrote:Yes, it's very easy to bus your scumbuddy when they're going to get lynched anyway, we get it.
Sorry Copper, Exe isn't my scumbuddy.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Muffin »

Exe wrote:THEN HOW THE FUCK IS ME SAYING I AM NOT ACTIVE ON WEEKENDS IN EVERY GAME WIFOM!?!?!?
I never said it was, lern2reed.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Muffin »

........... well apparently I was confused and took that to meant you apologized in every game, not that you were absent in every game.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Muffin »

Copper wrote:
Muffin wrote:
Copper wrote:Yes, it's very easy to bus your scumbuddy when they're going to get lynched anyway, we get it.
Sorry Copper, Exe isn't my scumbuddy.
Then why are you in such a rush to build a case on him? He's been good as dead for a long time now. You'll notice that Spyrex, who has strong suspicions of him, found nothing worth mentioning in his latest post. Why? Because his scum suspect is going to die no matter what he does. There's no need to rush in and further build a "case" on a dead man - unless, of course, you're trying to grab some bus-cred before it's too late.
It's been my experience that "as good as dead" doesn't equal "dead". Moreover I'd just done a re-read and wanted to elaborate on why I was voting exe. You can call it rushing if you like, and you can claim it's a bus but that won't make it true.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Muffin »

Fate wrote:
The air is tense as you gather in the yard the next day. Everyone is present and accounted for, though a few people seem to have their mind elsewhere, almost as if they were paranoid about... something. With tensions rising, the threat of a riot looms ever closer. Everyone tries to keep their heads cool as they once again discuss who to kill that day.

"RISE AND SHINE. YOU PRINCESSES BETTER NOT GO BLOODYING UP MY YARD AGAIN TODAY."

No one died last night.

Day Two begins.

Vote Count

nopointinactingup (0):
CoolDoG (0):
SpyreX (0):
McGriddle (0):
Hinduragi (0):
Katsuki (0):
Muffin (0):
ReaperCharlie (0):
Nikanor (0):
Copper (0):
TheButtonmen (0):

Not voting: All

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline: Sunday Novermber 7th.
Wow, sorry guys. I have the forum set to email me as soon as I get a PM. Normally this happens almost instantaneously, but they apparently were not being delivered, as I just got the "Day 2 has started" message today.

Catching up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”