Mini 1055 - Return to PEGBAM (Closing Time!)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:44 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Cool. JDodge, is this your role, or is it the work of outside forces?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Jdoge, all I'm asking is if your role is King, or if you are a doctor who was selected to be king today. Honestly! That's all I want to know!
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:23 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

That's true, Oman. From what I've heard, Vezok isn't a very good player. We should execute him. At worst, we'd be killing scum. At best, we'd be killing useless town.

Sorry Vezok, it's either you or me. Or somebody else.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:29 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Is Flav a doublevoter? Is that why people are voting him?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Okay, I'm here. So, my initial comment was a little scummy, I admit. Regardless, I'd still like to know if this is a permanent Kingmaker-like thing. Because I've never played a Kingmaker, and if this mechanic is going to be constant I'd like to be prepared. I think the players who are voting me based on this are over-reacting, but not necessarily scum.

I consider myself to be an active player, but only when I care. And since people are throwing around nicknames and doing the RVS thing I'm probably only going to make toothpick posts. Day 1s are boring, but what can you do?

As a note for the future: if/when we do a full rolelclaim, my flavor will not seem to match up with role. You can try to read into this if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Death to Vezok.

Peace out.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #124 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:28 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

vote: Vezok

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:59 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

@scotmany

Vaguely. I didn't mention anything about double voting. Vezok is scum. Or was, whatever.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #137 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:04 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh, so I did. I'm kinda playing this game by ear, not really committing anything to memory. If vezok has been replaced, maybe the mod should remove him from the first post. :)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #168 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:38 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oman
UltimaAvalon
UncertainKitten
GhostWriter
UncertainKitteh, as I have insisted these long, arduous days, is scum. Execution please. I suppose my second would be Oman. He's posted frequently, but his posts have no substance (hypocrisy oh my!)
Feel free to suggest other people, noting that I will not be executing any of the following: Shanba, mikeburnfire, Panzerjager, springlullaby
I appreciate the chance to continue the game, but... why would you rule me out? Probably not because I seem like the best town player? Is it because we have a history?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #232 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

JDodge, thank you for killing the cult leader, apparently. I hate cults. And you were right about UK being town, so kudos there as well. Of course, if you're scum, then it would explain why you're so perceptive about that.

Any idea what the deal is on the missing player? PanzerKarenKittywhatever only made 3 posts yesterday, so it's not like we'll notice the difference, but still... Could be a hider role or a detaining role victim. Not sure what to make of this just yet.

Also, looks like I was completely wrong about Vezok/UK. I didn't kill ém, though. UK seemed like a pretty contentious player, not one I would expect scum to target. But she was also one of the most active players. The scum must have wanted her dead because her efficient posting was a threat. Otherwise she would have been kept alive because she was barking up the wrong trees (I know I'm town, and currently do not believe JDodge is scum).

Not sure where to start hunting. JDodge, why do you think scot is scum? A quick ISO of his posts shows that he reading the game and keeping up with the events, but only seemed to post when I was incorrect about something. This shows active lurking to me.

As for GW's role, I believe his one-shot Night 0 role is a null-tell. He's probably telling the truth about that ability, but it doesn't signify alignment one way or the other.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #235 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:45 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I see. I agree, for the most part. He's even worse than me, and that's saying something. At the very least, he deserves some pressure votes.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #242 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

scotmany12 wrote:
JDodge wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:Not sure where to start hunting. JDodge, why do you think scot is scum? A quick ISO of his posts shows that he reading the game and keeping up with the events, but only seemed to post when I was incorrect about something. This shows active lurking to me.
I don't think he's even reading tbh. He's scum
or
useless.
I've been reading. Sorry but last week was really hectic for me. I was literally about to answer your question yesterday but you had executed oman before I could get to it. MBF literally said yesterday that he was only vaguely reading and not really paying attention yet you said nothing about that.
JDodge knows me. I'm kind of a big deal.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #244 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:28 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Flava Flave wrote:His first post was terrible. Not just the fishing, but the "cool" at the beginning of the post.
I'll give you the 'fishing' part, but are you really attacking me for saying "cool"?
Then he seems to be proposing a policy execution and continues with the joking tone with "you or me or somebody else".
Heaven forbit I joke around during the RV phase.
Next is the awful double voter comment. Then he admits to being scummy, calls Day 1 "boring" which gives him an excuse to do nothing, and sets himself up for a bad fakeclaim later.
I will admit that my play was bad, but that doesn't mean that I'm scum.
Next few posts are full of nothing until he calls UK scum out of nowhere and questions JDodge excluding him (MBF) from the execution list.
UK is Vezok, whose lynch I've been calling for all day. It isn't out of nowhere.
The "thank you" is just weird and off.
You're attacking me for saying the words "cool" and "thank you". Think about that for a minute.
He seems to be congratulating JDodge, but then says he could be scum, but is careful not to straight up call JDodge scum.
Which part of that do you have a problem with? Do you think he can't be scum, or that I should directly call him scum without a reason?
MBF wrote:Any idea what the deal is on the missing player? PanzerKarenKittywhatever only made 3 posts yesterday, so it's not like we'll notice the difference, but still... Could be a hider role or a detaining role victim. Not sure what to make of this just yet.
If anyone knows anything about this and thinks it's best to share, they will do so. Asking isn't necessary.
What is your problem with me talking about current events?
Why are we looking at the NK(s?)?
UK was probably killed by scum because she looked so town and Panzer probably had something weird happen. It's really not important right now and pretty obvious I think.
Do I really have to answer this question?
MBF wrote:Not sure where to start hunting. JDodge, why do you think scot is scum? A quick ISO of his posts shows that he reading the game and keeping up with the events, but only seemed to post when I was incorrect about something. This shows active lurking to me.
Really don't like the "not sure" when there are 10 pages of posts to digest. Then going to JDodge for help with reads. Why?
As I said earlier, most things stem from Vezok, and he's a blight on games because everybody wants him dead.. And I'm talking to JDodge because I wanted to know why he voted Scot. Dur.
Then the last post speaks for itself. Can we lynch this scumbag now?
Most of your case is garbage.
OMGUS FoS: Flava Flave
for trying to get me lynched once I actually started playing.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #248 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:34 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I disagree. I think my defensive was fine, and the only things that would signify me being scum are my "rolefishing" if you want to call it that, and my lurker-ness, which has always been a null tell.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #249 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:05 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Porochaz, what parts of the case against me do you consider the biggest signs of scum?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #254 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

scotmany12 wrote:EBWOP: Forgot to paste this
mikeburnfire wrote:I disagree. I think my defensive was fine, and the only things that would signify me being scum are my "rolefishing" if you want to call it that, and my lurker-ness,
which has always been a null tell.
Self-metas suck
It's not a self-meta. When a player lurks, it's a null tell unless a player has a history of being more or less active when he's a certain alignment. In fact, I could argue that my indifference is a town tell. :)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #256 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Regardless, trying to say that my lurking is a scum-tell is a deeply flawed argument.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #259 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:07 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

scotmany12 wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:Regardless, trying to say that my lurking is a scum-tell is a deeply flawed argument.
I never said it was. I read your post as you saying that lurking has always been a null tell for you, rather than you simply saying lurking is a null tell in general. I dislike when players use their own meta's as it involves wifom. However, if you were just saying that lurking is a nulltell, then this is irrelevent.
Yes, I was saying that lurking is a general null-tell. Sorry for the confusion, this was all irrelevant (just like most of your attack against me. Bam!!)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #271 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:31 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Flave, you ask a few good questions, but they're sandwiched in-between terrible attacks. To explain, I stayed on Vezok/UK as long as I did because I could, and I chose to. I had no reason to, other than I wanted to. I thought that perhaps, if Vezok was scum, then the mafia would get worried that I had information about them.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #277 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

scotmany12 wrote:I want MBF to start explaining why FF's attacks on him are terrible, rather than just calling them terrible.
Post 244. Reading is tech.
Vote: UA
I'm not about to let someone live who has no intention of hunting scum, and who votes himself right at the start of the day. UA has no intention on helping the town.
Maybe if you repeat it enough, others will be suckered into believing this.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #280 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

vote: Scotmany

A bit OMGUSy, I admit, but if I'm not voting then I'm not helping, and both Scot and Flave are pushing a terrible case on me.

I still don't see the case against UA. The self vote is stupid, but doesn't make him scum.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #284 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Didn't realize that post back there was directed at me, Poro. I already responded to most points you make when responding to Flave, but not all of them.
The fact he had to put in that he didn't kill UK, which I feel is slightly weird. Why would you have to clarify it when noone suggested it?
Because I was steadfast in my attack against Vezok/UK yesterday, and then he dies during the night. I wanted to make it clear that I didn't vig-kill him or anything before anybody got that idea.
More pandering to Jay in iso 10
Agreeing with somebody is considered "pandering" now?
you fished more than once and the first time JDodge mentioned it directly.
Look, I just wanted to know if I was in a Kingmaker-style game. I feel like that information should have been disclosed before I signed up, because I wasn't feeling comfortable about it. I knew that what I was asking was scummy, but I asked it anyway because I wanted to know.
I didnt mention the fakeclaim as it didn't initially particularly seem off to me, however F.F. isn't attacking you for bad play here. Setting yourself up to lurk day 1, isn't good and setting up a claim, is an interesting one as soon as you get a little pressure.
What is this garbage I keep hearing about some kind of 'fakeclaim'? I didn't claim anything, other than that my flavor doesn't match up with my role. Nothing has been setup, and nothing has been ruled out. I could claim to be Donnie Darko the Vanilla Townie, or I could claim Brittany Spears the NK-immune Vigilante.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #285 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Wait, no. I changed my mind. I'm claiming that. I'm Brittany Spears, the NK-immune Vigilante.

Awesome.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #303 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:18 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh geez.

Bigger post later, but seriously scot. That was obviously a joke.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #529 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:20 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Wait, if the mafia killed UK N1, why did I die too? DAMN YOU SCOTVIG

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”