Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful (Game Over)

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Hey everyone. Posting to say that I'm here and I'll have something up soon.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:01 am

Currently working on a huge catch-up post. If you have any questions you want me to answer, let me know. While you're waiting, here's my respond to Netopalis's RQS's questions.
Netopalis wrote:1) Why do you play Mafia?
It's a very addicting concept and one of the few forum games that I still remain addicted to. You have to actually to think and use logics, not to mention a ton of analyze. I feel that Mafia can externally improve your logics and how you analyze things. Not say it'll make you the smarest person in the planet within one day, but it can help you think things more clearly in real life.
Netopalis wrote:2) How many licks DOES it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
I heard that it took over 100 licks to get to the Toosie Role center of a Toosie Pop. That's just what I heard, thought.
Netopalis wrote:3) Can you describe your thought processes leading into this game?
I tend to think about Mafia a lot recently and I like to analyze them in my head. Forgetting what you want to talk about sucks because you could lose potentially valueable information, that's why I want to make sure what I want heard is made and therefore, information is created. It does take a few minutes to think things through because I don't want to simply rush a post there and expect it to be OK.
Netopalis wrote:4) Let's say that you win the game. What conditions lead to that win? What qualities will the game have? Will it be ordered or chaotic, logical or gut-based, fast or drawn out?
1. First off, town needs to be absolutely certain that a player is scum before lynching them. Making lynches based off half-hearted accustions is obviously not a pro-town idea as people here realize that.

2. I'm expecting that the game should be a lot of fun to play, have a decent activity rate, good mods, but most importantly, strong players. Good players should be willing to scum hunt right off the bat and do everything they can to find scums. When pressured, players should be prepared to be try to refute arguments made against them. Otherwise, other players will start pushing for there lynch and they will probably have to end up either claiming or facing the noose.

3. It should be relatively ordered. Scum wants to create chaos and that cause confusions and scums want confusion to happen. Confusion hurts town. With order, scum will have a more difficult time manipulating the players and will be forced to stick themself out, just like town, in order to not be lynched.

4. I usually go by logic. Sometimes, a gut scum read can be on a player who's playing like a townie logical-wise, so pushing for there lynch will be difficult to do. However, that's not to say that gut isn't a good thing, it usually is as it forces you to give your gut scum read another look. If they are scummy gut-wise and logical-wise, that's great and you have a likely scum lynch. I'm hoping my play will eventually be a mix of logic and guts. However, I choose logic over gut because players who logically acts scummy should flip scum and therefore are more likely to act like scum then players who have a town-like behavior. Plus for the most part, you can back up your logical scum read while with gut, it's much harder to do alone.

5. Games that are drawn-out usually have more information and therefore, you are more likely to catch scum this way. It is best for the town to use the day as much as possible because it gives time for scum to slip up and lynch them. This will also establish connection with scum buddies
Netopalis wrote:5) What is the square root of potato?
Even a nerd like me has no idea how much.
Netopalis wrote:6) Can you please link me to the one game that you're most proud of on this site?
I would say Mini 985: Madness at Night, but the only reason would be because that was my first and only win on the site so far. Otherwise, I only survived due to my cop claim, my play was really bad.

Despite a loss, I feel that game would be Mafia 114: Mafia Vs. Werewolves. Before that game I was really weak at Mafia. However, I felt that I came out of that game as a considerably better player and I am more confident about Mafia then ever.

Also,
unvote
. I do not want any hammers before I finish my post up. I will vote someone once I finish my catch-up post.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Shotty to the Body wrote:I'm going to withhold information from this town by not answering Neto's questions.
Deliberately choosing to not answer Netopalis's RVS question is scummy. Witholding information away from the town is a terrible thing to do because without information, we cannot make informative decisions to lynch scums and that will almost definently cause a scum win. This is not something we want.
Furcolow wrote:this game is getting on my nerves
i attribute it to robocopter, who always manages to get on my nerves
i am wanting a more fun game
##vote robocopter87

i also disagree with the assesment on netopalis. we cannot use meta on a day 1 lynch in my opinion
1. What has the game done to you that is "getting on your nerves?"
2. How does Robocopter87 "always gets on your nerves."?
3. Is "I'm wanting a more fun game" even a reason to suspect someone?
4. This vote is absymal. You voted a person for some of the most craptastic reason I have ever seen.
5. When did Netopalis say we couldnt use meta to help lynch scums on Day 1? Furthermore, I disagre with your statement greatly. If a player is behaving scummily and playing similarly to his meta, that means it's likely that he plays like this as scum, making him an even better lynch candidate. We shouldn't rely on meta too much, you don't even have to use meta at all. But to tell people that we shouldn't use meta Day 1 takes away a potentially powerful tool to stop scums.
Furcolow wrote:robocoptor, can you link a game for me that you were scum?
Seriously? You said we cannot use meta to on a Day 1 lynch. Now you're asking Robocopter87 for scum meta?
Shotty to the Body wrote:@millar: rofl kid, check all the other games I'm in/modding for the last day or two and find the posts to prove my 'active lurking.'
Asking people to check through posts of other games to prove that they are not active lurking is not an efficent tactic. Your play can vary from games to games you're in. I can be playing very scummy in one game and be obvious town to everyone in another. You being scummy/town in other games does not mean you're scummy/town in this game.
Furcolow wrote:My current suspects list are:
Netopalis for his knowing so much
millar13 because he has terrible grammar
Ythan for being unpleasant
I LOL'd. These are horrible reasons to suspect a person. Netopalis knowing a lot isn't suspicion unless he had information that town may not have. Terrible grammar is annoying, but a null tell. Being unpleasant is also a null tell and I don't see how Ythan was being unpleasant. Also, your reason for suspecting Mindgamer (Who became SpyreX) is really bad as well (Lurking as in not posting at all is not scummy, it's a null tell).
Furcolow wrote:i'm not scum. i'll let you stick to your IRC with Netopalis and STTB
vote millar13
Nice OMGUS :lol:
This isn't even a legitimate reason for voting a person.
Furcolow wrote:explain your vote on me ythan. this is unacceptable.
Why do you feel that you need to boss Ythan around, especially when you make cases like this?
Furcolow wrote:vote: netopalis
No explanation for vote whatsoever. This reeks of scum.
Furcolow wrote:believe it or not, my play is improving
Calling BS on this. You were very scummy in your brief time in Mafia 114: Mafia Vs. Werewolves. You were scum in that game. And your play in this game is similar to this.
Furcolow wrote:if that would work, could we lynch robo to see millar's alignment?
Which lynch makes more sense?

Lynching the scummiest person or a less scummy person?

You picked Option B, thus you are wrong. Option A is the best choice.

This post sucks, just like the majority of your posts.

Iecerint, your #424 is mostly good, but one thing that concerns me is how you treated MagnaofIllusion. I feel like it's a bit like buddying. Now granted, I do have a town read on MagnaofIllusion, but you saying that you "loved" MagnaofIllusions's posts a few times may give me the feeling you're in the same alignment. Of course this is merely a concidence, but I'll be keeping this post in mind if you or MagnaofIllusion flips scum.

Furcolow wrote:For now my vote will go onto STTB
unvote
vote: shotty to the body

My reasoning is his inactivity and lurkiness in relation to the fact that he is being discussed as a lynch victim. If he was going to help us he would be providing more content.
So Shotty to the Body deliberately not answering Netopalis's question and his terrible attempt to prove he's not active lurking by "Look at my other games, I'm active in them!" aren't reasons to be suspecting him?

@Kdub: What changed between this:
Kdub wrote:I am neutral on Shotty at the moment, but he hasn't posted a whole lot so I'd like to see both his accusers make a more detailed case on him that he can respond to, as well as Shotty's reaction to that, before I decide whether I'd be willing to go along with his lynch.
And this?
Kdub wrote:If millar is not an option, then sure I'd support a lynch of Furcolow or Shotty to avoid a no lynch. Between the two of them, I'd prefer Shotty.

millar > Shotty > Furcolow
In the first quote, you implied that you had a neutral read on Shotty to the Body. Now you're saying that you'll support the lynch. Shotty to the body has not posted between #476 and #498. In the first quote, you want Shotty to the Body's accuseres to make a more detailed case on him that he can respond to and Shotty to the Body's reaction to it. Neither has happened yet, so I don't see the change, especially since you provide no new material supporting Shotty to the Body-scum.

Furcolow's #573 and #574 is filled with AtE and complaining. It accomplish absolutely no scum hunting, makes statement that is full of BS (Kdub not scum hunting at all? He's done more then you!), and complains that the town is so bad that he's replacing out. It's pretty scummy.
Shotty to the Body wrote:I prefer millar lynch to furcolow, I doubt fur is scum he's just ragin', I think he did something similar in the newbie I was in with him, I replaced in after he was dead though so it's kind of vague right now, I'll go find that game. People keep saying I should be (mis)lynched, did I miss the memo? Iec where is your case again?

unvote vote millar L-1
How could he possibly not see how Furcolow is scummy? His reason for not thinking Furcolow is likely scum is very weak, all he has is that he plays similarly and "ragin'". Not a valid case.

Oh and the vote on millar13 sounds like scum bussing scum since millar13 flipped scum.

@Furcolow's #621: Seriously? You're calling a post from Robocopter87 "nazism"? You are pushing the boundry here and you are really starting to piss me off.

Also, policy lynches are not stupid, just that they should only be used sparingly. Your attempt to discredit policy lynches as a whole is noted.
Furcolow wrote:vote: MoI
likely lurking scum
also, i want to hear more from bv310
he had been afk all game lol jk
May I tell the world how much this vote fail? What happen to your argument that MagnaofIllusion was the only person that's doing anything worthwhile. Also, you parroted what other people said about bv310.
Furcolow wrote:he doesn't need to defend me u and shotty are scum buddies trying to push a policy lynch
You've acted so incredibly scummy up to this point, it's insane. Why you're not dead yet is a mystery.
Furcolow wrote:We really need to get our acts together, guys.
Seriously? This is coming from a person who throws fit over nothing. The irony is so obvious in here.
Furcolow wrote:this post is scum trying to push a policy lynch, which is a popular play these days.
How was Shotty to the Body's comment any shape or form supporting a policy lynch?
Furcolow wrote:im the only reason we're even in as good of a position we're in right now.
That's rich, you're the scummiest person in this game and has done pratically nothing to help town.
Furcolow wrote:i am not a townie this game
:eek:
What the hell?
Shotty to the Body wrote:This is funny, why WOULDN'T you believe the claim? There's no one counter-claiming and no plausible reason I would lie about it. If I am then whoever shot Neto would shoot me yes? What does my activity have to do with my roleclaim? Why are you trying so hard to discredit my claim?

unvote vote muffin
Not liking Shotty to the Body's reason for voting my predecessor at all. First of all, it sounds a lot like a OMGUS vote. His reason for voting is very flimsy as well, with them being why Muffin was trying to discredit his claim so hard and what Shotty to the Body's claim had to do with his roleclaim. I agree with my predecessor that Shotty to the Body was wrong about Muffin trying to discredit Shotty to the Body very hard. Furthermore, I highly doubt my predcessor's post was relating activity with his role claim.
Furcolow wrote:vote: MoI I see no difference between this game and the game I played with you as scum, so you are probably scum
You're going back to MagnaofIllusion just because of meta? Show some real evidence from this game that indicates MagnaofIllusion-scum.
Furcolow wrote:@ kdub you sound squirmy to me
@ muffin what did you do the last 2 nights?
1. Please provide examples of this. Otherwise, I am totally not seeing this.
2. Way to dodge muffin's question on who's claim is fake and what you think is mafia.
Furcolow wrote:obviously who i'm voting for
Then explain why MagnaofIllusion's claim is fake.
Iecerint wrote:Would be nice to get some Furco scum meta. He claims he lurks as scum in the game bv posted, but lurking is kinda a relative term.
You might want to look at his play at Mafia 114: Mafia Vs. Werewolves (Yes I know Furcolow already brought this up, but I was in it with him and thus has knowledge of his scum meta). He was there for a very brief period of time, replaced CryMeARiver and when people got onto him for buddying foilist13 (He was scum), he replaced out under pressure (Was replaced by Ythan). Played badly in that game, thought not as terribly as this game (His play is flat-out haliriously scummy in here).
Furcolow wrote:I figured you guys were scum together, bv, you were lurking while he tried to mislead the town.
If MagnaofIllusion is telling the truth about his Innocent result on bv310, then there's no chance in hell that they're Mafia. I don't know where you get this assumption.
Furcolow wrote:compromise lynch? you want to mislynch at this point in the game? are you an idiot?
Based off your play, you are a great lynch. Your scumminess has been pointed out so many times, it's not even funny. I don't want to lynch idiots, I want to lynch scums. Kdub is unlikely to be scum, but you on the other hand, are.

Thoughts about players:

I really, really, really do want to lynch Furcolow. I absolutely cannot stand his play in anyway or form and has been soooo scummy, I wish he would die immediately. Other people have already exposed his scummy behavior. His roleclaim does not convince me otherwise that he isn't scum in this game. His attacks against other people's play are just absymal. He usually gives next to no evidence supporting them and I don't see how they're scummy that way. So I say he's a great lynch candidate.

I'd be fine with a Shotty to the Body/Kast's lynch as well. I thought Netopalis's play was town to me. I see no town motivation for Shotty to the Body to kill Netopalis in that case. His play overall has been scummy as well, not as much as Furcolow's, but enough to where his lynch sounds decent. MagnaofIllusion's case on Kast, Shotty to the Body's replacement, is also starting to kind of click to me. I'll settle for Kast if Furcolow doesn't get lynched today (Although that may change as I probably should re-read the argument between MagnaofIllusion and Kast. I'm not completely solid on this yet, although I am leaning toward believing MagnaofIllusion here).

Currently, I will not be willing to support a lynch on MagnaofIllusion. I have liked his play all game and that I really do believe his claim. There are a lot of way to prove that he has performed those Night Actions {Ex. bv310 flipping town as MagnaofIllusion has a town result from him.}. Unless I get some serious convincing, I will not be voting for MagnaofIllusion,
unless
I absolutely have to just to prevent a no lynch.

Kind of disappointed about bv310's play Day 1 and Day 2. He basically coasted throughout the entire day not really proving much of his thoughts and it annoyed me. His play has gotten slightly better Day 4, thought and with MagnaofIllusion's Innocent result, I'm inclined to believe he's town.

Kdub's and Ieceint's play seems overall town to me. They give some pretty good insights they posts and I feel that they're actively scum hunting today. I have a town read on both of them.

As for the other dead players, Ythan is being Ythan and I feel that this Ythan is pro-town, especially after the beloved princess role he claimed turns out to be true. SpyreX and Netopalis also gave me good vibes, so I'm thinking they're town as well. I didn't like Robocopter87's play that much, thought and out of the unconfirmed dead people, he's probably the most likely scum, thought based off his character and the kill flavor, he's probably town.

Other things I want to say:

My predecessor brought up a good point about this potentially being mylo. Assuming a three-man scumteam and one anti-town player, mislynching today could result in the town losing, which would be a very bad thing for the town. Let's make our votes count and make the very best of the remainder of the day (And the game as well).

Since millar13 flipped scum, looking at the connections will be something I'll need to get done eventually. I feel that we can get more out of it and hopefully will catch more scums.

I may also re-read Day 4 to see what we get out of it. Haven't really commented much on it, so I'll need to re-review that. That and looking at the millar13 potential scum links should hopefully give me more of a clear thought in this game.

Vote: Furcolow
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes!

@Iecerint: 1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it #1308? I have already seen the post and I do dispute your argument.

Iecerint wrote:1. Muffin claims someone shot him N2.
2. Shotty/Kast claims he shot Muffin N2.
3. Ythan died N2.

Doesn't this imply that Shotty isn't mafia, unless vig/SK killed Ythan or Muffin/Kast are scum together?
The Night 2 kill when looking at it alone indicates that Kast cannot be Mafia (SK is still possible thought). However, let's look at the Night 1 kills. Night 1, Netopalis and SpyreX died and they played a pretty pro-town game. However, Night 1, MagnaofIllusion claimed that he observed Netopalis which had a grappling hook that would directly protect a player. Since SaintKerrigan confirmed that SpyreX died due to Netopalis's death and that nothing has confirmed otherwise, there are no evidence that I saw that indicated a second kill. Furthermore, there was no second kill on Night 2 either. While Kast has claimed to kill my slot Night 2, if he's Mafia, he may be making a very well planned lie that he attempted to kill someone that night.

So yes, I think Kast-Mafia is still possible.

3. I have already mentioned that I had previous experience with Furcolow as scum in Mafia 114: Mafia Vs. Werewolves. Surprisingly enough, he's played a lot scummier here then in that game, but in both of those games, he was scummy. Personally, I think that meta is more efficient when you actually have playing experience with a person so you actually have experience with that person instead of just believe another person's meta that a person is a bad player.
Kdub wrote:SSBF:
Nothing changed between those two posts, but they are not inconsistent. I stated that I would support a Shotty lynch in order to avoid a no lynch, which I hope you can understand.
Fair enough. Re-reading your ISO up to that post, I no longer see any inconsistency in those posts.
Kast wrote:-You haven't addressed any of the many concrete claims that have been made or analysis of those claims (most of them made and/or discussed heavily on D4).
Kast wrote:"Shotty/Kast is not mafia"
Already explained above why I think you being Mafia is possible.
Kast wrote:"MoI may be lying about Grapple Beam"
Netopalis's death was confirmed to have affected SpyreX as well in this case. Wouldn't that be evidence supporting that MagnaofIllusion's claim since he claimed that the person with the Grapple Beam was copied to the Grapple Beam's target?
Kast wrote:"Robo/Chun Li had an Evil Smell from her room"
This I agree with. I can definently verify that Muffin had a PM flavor indicating that Chung-Li had "evil smell".
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:51 am

@Kast: I wasn't able to get to your questions tonight since I have school and I can't stay up until midnight anymore. Will try to get to them later tonight after school today.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:38 pm

@Kast: Let me just say that I am not stalling in answering your question. School, homework, plus having to focus on other games to avoid prod of them prevented me from answering your question earlier. Anyway:
Kast wrote:Hold up, you said that SaintKerrigan confirmed that Spyrex died due to Netopalis. Where & when did SaintKerrigan confirm that?
I am referring to where MagnaofIllusion where he confirmed via PM that a kill attempt on Netopalis would kill the Grapple Beam Target as well.
Kast wrote:-If your mod PM confirms that a (failed) kill was made on you, do you agree that is proof that Shotty/Kast was not lying?
Granted, I do think that there is a chance that you are lying, but the PM did state that there was an attempt on a kill on me. You could be telling the truth, which is one of the reasons why I want Furcolow lynched over you today.

I won't be able to get to your thought exercises tonight. Hopefully I can get to them tomorrow evening before the day ends. Regardless, if Ieceint hasn't hammered by tomorrow Night, I will be around and I will hammer MagnaofIllusion as a lynch is better then nothing.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:38 am

Wait a minute, two kills Night 4? Unless there's a second scum faction, which is very unlikely, Kast has to be lying about having only two shots, Night 1 on Netopalis, Night 2 on Muffin/me. Now Night 4 comes around and bv310 and Kdub are dead on the same Night. I don't see a Vigilante lying about his two-shot kill ability.

Given that there are four players left in the game, I know I'm town, Iecerint is probably town, Kast could be town, but I'm leaning SK, but I still think Furcolow is scum.

Will give out role information later. School is starting in about a hour and I don't have much time to waste to get there. I'll vote later as well.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 pm

@Iecerint: I'd kind of like to reveal my information now. I have some important things to talk about. Not only am I 99% sure it will lead to the final scum, it also makes a person almost guarateen town.

I will be claiming at exactly 9 PM CST if not earlier, regardless of whenever or not Furcolow has claimed.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 pm

All right, this is what it said in my Night 4 flavor that I consider important to share:

- It said that I hope that someone else will come along in the hallway to save me like in Night 2 (This should answer Kast's second question toward me).

- I get a look at a person who was standing by my door Night 4. She has tight jeans, a calf-skin coat, has short dark hair, and a tan skin. Looks like Alyx Vance, bv310's character.

- I investigated Furcolow. I went into his house, but he wasn't there. I went into his dresser and I found two important things. One was a map drawn in the inner corriders of the bunker and some locations on the map are marked with a X. Then I found one targetted directly at my room where I lived. I also found dual matching pistols in the second dresser. This should answer Kast's first question.

- I come back home to see two dead people. One person had two wings on either sides of the waist, two wings on her green hair. She had a black bodysuit that barely contained her body with her long legs covered by purple legging and long boots. Her eyes are rolled back into her head and her back of the head has been completely blown away. Looks like Morrigan, Kdub's character. The other person was the person by my house before I left to investigate Furcolow. She lied battered and torn on the floor with massive neck and head injuries that still flowed with blood. As she sacerficed her life for me, I will respect that by honoring her in her memory.

What I (And hopefully everyone else) gets out of this:

- Furcolow is scum, I am positive of this. I already had a very strong scum read on him and this shoots it all the way up to almost guarateeen scum read. He should be lynched today.

- bv310 is 99% confirmed town due to the flavor in my night action. I already thought he was likely town, but this only support my town read on him.

- Kast and Iecerint have very high chances of being town, despite almost no reference in my Night Action flavor.

- I was saved in some form of protection Night 2, either by a townie protecting me or a townie roleblocking Kast's attempt to kill me. I am leaning toward bv310 that saved me, although I am not really sure about this.

Once Iecerint claims his Night 4 action, I will definently vote Furcolow-scum.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 am

Iecerint wrote:SSBF, are you sure the "X" thing you found indicates that you were formerly a kill target?
I can't say I'm completely sure about this, but based off my Night 4 Flavor, I think it is likely that I was a kill target and that bv310 was a bodyguard who protected me during the Night so I could go and perform my Night Actions.
Iecerint wrote:This is @ Kast and SSBF, mostly, for obvious reasons. Have I messed up? Kast-SK Furc-scum looks parsimonious to me.
At this rate, I think that there is only one anti-town player left in this game and that anti-town player (Or more specifically, scum) is Furcolow. Kast being a SK looks pretty unlikely at this point.
Furcolow wrote:@Mod: may i share the flavor I got from my check?
Why is it necessary to ask mod permission to share your flavor as long as you paraphrase to where you don't get mod-killed for it?

As for either a Furcolow lynch or a No Lynch, I'll go with lynching Furcolow today. Nothing he has said has changed my mind about him being scum and he is caught scum. So let's put out the problem now before it's too late.

Vote: Furcolow
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 am

Furcolow wrote:my god you idiots are really voting me?
there were TWO KILLS LAST NIGHT
How exactly does that help your case at all? If anything, it makes me more likely to believe that you're scum.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Kast wrote:I'm really interested to see how close the solution matches the actual setup and hear the explanations for how SSBF survived N2.
Re-reading my Night 2 Flavor, a part of it said that it's a good thing that my door was bulletproof, or I wouldn't be able to get any sleep during the Night.

That may indicate that I had an immunity to your attempt kill on me during Night 2. So yes, I can see me being bulletproof to Night Kills a reason for why I survived the night.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:11 am

Good game everyone. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

More commentaries later when I get time. Right now, I have some homework to catch up on.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Some endgame thoughts:

The MagnaofIllusion's Day 4 lynch was just terrible. I did not see the case on him at all and I felt his lynch was totally unjustified. Not something I'll be moaning about in the near future thought, as town did eventually win.

I was getting gut scum feelings from Kdub, despite what I felt was town play from him. Of course I basically took the game all in one day instead of splitting it up into multiple days due to us being close to endgame and only a few days left. Turns out my gut scum read on Kdub was right. Turns out that adding gut to the equation is a good idea as long as you find a person's play scummy is a good idea.

Seriously, how was Furcolow not lynched Day 2 for his bussing of millar13 which was pathetically disguise? Ythan and my predecessor (Muffin) was right in voting him, he was obvious scum. I also thought Furcolow should have been lynched Day 4 instead of MagnaofIllusion, although a no lynch is not preferred to a mislynch. Oh well, at least we caught Furcolow-scum.

I think that I was an insane cop. We know that Robocopter87 is town based on endgame scenario. During Night 4, I was getting a feeling that I was insane. Nevertheless, I went and investigated Furcolow and by manually searching Furcolow's house, I manage to get results that lead us to the last scum.

This game shows that just because you act like a VI doesn't mean you should be sugarcoated for it. Our two VI's in this game, millar13 and Furcolow, flipped scum. Sure it is okay to treat them differently, but to go as far as to make the game easy for them because they're established VI's won't work in my book.

Muffin, I felt that you did fantastically in this game. You nailed two of the scums and made a very convincing attack on Furcolow which l obviously believed. I'm not sure what to say on how you can improve, although I do encourage that you find potentially faults with this game and past games and learn from them. I'm looking forward to playing a game with you.

I do think that the Evil Ones did have a chance at winning. Had Kdub claimed a believeable fakeclaim and survived into Day 5, I wouldn't have been surprised if the game ended up in the scum favors.

Still, this game was a lot of fun while it lasted and I truly did enjoy the atmosphere of it. Thanks to everyone for playing and thanks to ReaperCharlie/SaintKerrigan for modding!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:47 pm

@Furcolow: Prehaps if you haven't thrown a fit when people find something suspicious about you, make crappy cases against other people, throw insults at people, and act like obvious scum throughout the entire game, maybe you wouldn't have played so terribly. Your play needs drastic and I mean, DRASTIC improvement. Seriously, when I read your post when I first replaced in for Muffin, I lol'd at some of your posts, it was that bad. Not trying to offend you or anything, but please try to improve your game.

@Kdub: I seconded the nomination. Fantastic flavor that few mods would go as far as to do in terms of quality. Really looking forward to ReaperCharlie's future games, I will be /inning in them.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Ythan wrote:Oh, did I win?
Yes you did. Good for you!
Ythan at Furcolow wrote:No, it's not everyone else's fault.
You have played poorly so you're going to be lynched at some point.
Don't act like everyone else is wrong for not seeing through your bad play.
You guessed correctly.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:36 am

The irony.

Every single character was a women, yet everyone who played the game was a male.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:28 am

I have a suggestion on how to make the game more favorable toward scums in an all-PR game.

Give town a bad power role (Ex. Miller).
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:55 am

Also just remembered something. Day 4, MagnaofIllusion and Furcolow made an avatar bet that one of the two would have to change avatars for two months. In this case, it would be Furcolow since MagnaofIllusion flipped town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”