Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Plum »

Although I'm technically a temp, yeah, this probably won't last till Pom gets back. Sorry for the inconvenience to anyone/everyone. Dunno why Pom did that if the replacement rules were like that but I'll do my best. Catching up to begin momentarily. Or almost.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Plum »

SOOOOORRRRRRYYYY, Elli.

Initial thoughts: Bodyguard + 1-shot Cop + Doc in a nine-player game means that scum are likely to have some sort of power, Godfather or Roleblocker being the most likely, I guess. Zach was a Goon, so I'd look out for him protecting someone more valuable to the team than he was. Assuming Roleblocker (? - seems more useful with this amount of Town power than Godfather), probably a fair amount of distancing/bussing directed at Zach but not much from Zach to the remaining scumbag. EDIT ON READTHROUGH: Oh shoot, wait, Elli's Cop was one-shot (man my info on this game needs filling in cracks)? That makes Roleblocker a little less likely. Maaaaaybe Godfather (be a little bastard putting that in with one a 1-shot Cop - RB would only make sense if Cop gets to try again if he's blocked, probably, but could help break up the protection sphere - and given Mod's action resolution, it could well be the case)? In which case there might be more bussing from the Goon, Zach, in an effort to both distance and maybe get his GF investigated. There's even a chance that it's two plain old goons, I suppose (with Bodyguard being almost redundant, it could make sense, at a stretch) in which case about as much bussing as normal? Not entirely sure. Plenty of stuff I wrote before I hit the one-shot bit (as I said, what Pom had mentioned about the game to me was like playing telephone, I guess), so. Conclusion is that partner probably bussed Zach more than Zach bussed the partner.

Jack is the first to submit an official ballot on Day 1, with Zack down at slot 6/8. Just introduced to the game properly (I mean, I was aware of it and the mechanic behind it but didn't give extensive thought to strategy until now) it would seem plausible that one scumbag in a two-man team would submit his ballot early, getting into a fairly good position while he could and being able to distance himself from later imlications and effects of his ballot in the big picture, and the other would submit his later, in order to be able to counter any late-rising tide against the scum's interests; and this way at least one would steer clear of any accusations of ballot-sniping (didn't actually notice any instances of those, though). Which makes the Jack first ballot interesting; I need to read forward for more context.

It occurs to me that you should have had everyone making mock-ballots like evry week, not only so you could keep track of where people's opinions were at but also so scum would be forced to be careful about how they looked changing their minds . . . I digress.

I'm completely confused by Zach's Post 130, which appears to try and fail to be an official ballot EDIT it was one actually. Both Jack and vollkan are near the lower edge of this; vollkan specifically is literally at the bottom. It's conforming to my theory-model described above, where he'd think about getting off an early ballot where keeping his buddy out of harm's way could go unnoticed. Doesn't rule out Jack, though vollkan at the end of the list is a bit of WIFOM to parse - would Zach put his buddy right at the bottom of his first official ballot? WIFOM. Given that vollkan's next unofficial ballot has Zach at the top . . . which considering that Zach was simply not going to get lynched Day 1 = low risk. Maybe low reward? Depends how ingrained he could make the notion that he was against Zach, assuming those were even his motivations.
Jack wrote:I have no enthusiasm for this game. I am town. Elli does. He is scum. <--Good reasoning
Owwwww. This post gives me bad bad feelings all over, especially as Elli had already softclaimed investigative-role-with-a-guilty. Which obviously = enthusiasm for the game. Argh. Also, Pom has Zach lying scum = Jack is likely buddy. I'll give some weight to that; heaven knows she knew more about the game at that point than I do right now.

Someone
must have voted Zach over Pom bussing Zach becaue he knew Zach was lying. Someone else (of Jack and Vollk, presumably, I mean - I think I'll address Elli at the end of the post) did it with the super-Town power of truthiness. And what sticks out there:

@Jack
: What exactly changed between your posts 281 and 282? What made you decide that Pom's stuff was just baseline scumminess and what happened to your read of TBM and where did the Zach stuff come from? Elli coming out with some kind of result - and it could very well have been, at that point, a guilty, which was somewhat more likely, I think at that point, to have been on Zach than on you - looks like it might be a time a panicky scum starts to bus. That's before the claims started going down. I actually sort of prefer vollk's reaction, even though it involves the idea that Zach, after the initial claiming (but before Pom claimed) might be Town, because it's all
this is some weird stuff going down and it's not making with the sense
which is a fairly Town-consistent reaction, especially given that Elli hadn't yet claimed 1-shot.

Ugh, and I don't like Jack's reaction after the claim, though. It's fairly anti-Pom, not addressing Zach, and sounds way too confident/solid/unconfuzzled for my taste. Vollk's reaction after Pom's claim rings a little truer.

If I just look at Pom's notes on interactions between Zach in connection with Jack and with volk, I'd put more money on vollk. The move of putting Zach at the top of his ballot Day 1, a sort of throwaway move is pretty mediocre. Zach being pretty cool with vollkan (putting him last on his Day 1 ballot though basically ignoring him that day, with a few more low-grade snipes as the game moved along, as far as I can see in ISO) and basically not responding at all to the fact that vollkan is so anti-Zach that he votes him first Day 1 even though there's no way Zach's getting lynched makes little sense. Think it might make more sense if they're scum in a scumteam with one PR.

@Jack, vollkan:
Your opinion on Zach Day 1 was? And why? Before your ballot submission and afterwards? Some stuff was sparse, I want to fill in holes. The Day 1 stuff is more suggestive of a Zach/vollk scumteam and the Day 2 stuff is more indicative of Zack/Jack. The Day 1 stuff is sparse and there may be more to parse. Day 2 looks like a load of WIFOM and I look tired.

Not committing to anything on a first read of a game in some sort of LYLO; in fact, I was going to do an unofficial ballot with vollk at the top for the Day 1 stuff but took the time for another read/parse of some stuff Day 2 and now I dunno where to turn. I'll sleep on things, wait for answers to some questions, then see where we stand. At this time as far as I can see Elli is semi-confirmed, sort of. Not officially. Jack and vollk, is there anything I'm missing here, no stone unturned and all that?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Plum »

Well, I seem to remember playing a game Modded by Fonz and it got ended early for some reason but I don't
think
scum had daytalk. It's becoming more in vogue, but at a guess I think it's more likely that they don't.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Plum »

Official Ballot

1. vollkan
2. Jack
3. Ellibereth
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Plum »

Yeah, I'm not sure what Pom was thinking, guess she must have been pretty sure the game would be over by then (or she considered our standard unspoken agreement about temping for each other during this summer when our schedules worked out like that a safety net when it was inappropriate to do so). I'm happy to help everyone involved, even if it means . . . I dunno, I feel very guilty about this win; it's probably a psychological thing because I didn't put much work into this game and the three people I played with - not to mention everyone else - did. I guess Pom pulled off the gambit in a lucky way (it didn't make sense as a gambit, my argument would've gone, because it'd have required the scum to no-kill and claim in a situation where there might well have been a real Doc. The only thing was they actually screwed up and no-killed by force of their own moments of idiocy). Also I took advantage of the lull and lurking which came in the wake of my replacement. Sorry and good game, everyone.
The Fonz wrote:I have to say, from the position early in endgame, when it appeared that pretty much everyone had worked out Pom was scum, I'm really surprised it came to this. I ascribe to Stoofer's theory on theme modding- when dicking about with the mechanics, keep the roles simple.
Yeah. I was under the impression, when Pom first got her role and told me there were two goons, that it was an all-vanilla game. But 2:7 mountainous isn't really balanced . . . yeah, problems. I think the choices for Town powerroles were pretty good, assuming PRs in general couldn't be eliminated (and because 2:10 has not been proven balanced in practice, well, yeah). But the gambit should have fallen flat this last day; it was practically impossible that Town had a Doc, a Bodyguard, and a One-shot Cop. I had to try to enforce a notion that scum must have some sort of mild PR to counter it, which was part of my initial case on vollkan. I feel even more guilty because I didn't even choose a suspect in LYLO to lynch . . .
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Plum »

One wallpost does not a full game's work make, nor should it.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Plum »

Yeah, I meant to mention that. It really was spontaneous and THERE WAS NO DAYTALK.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”