Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Switz »

Vote: Aranneas
for having the least plausible reason to random vote.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Switz »

Bunnylover wrote:What Butterman says. Fate the way you go about wants me to vote against you, but I dislike Parama way of posting less D:<.
Plus he self voted himself. Who does that?
Vote Parama
Yeah, not good enough reasoning. Trying to cast suspicion on Parama for selfvoting in RVS doesn't strike me as productive for town.

Unvote, Vote: Bunny
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Switz »

Bunnylover wrote:
Hinduragi wrote:Bunny, you didn't explain how you went from wanting to see what everyone thought to hopping onto a bandwagon. Answer the question.

Anyone want to explain how the para wagon is? Is it just an epic PL or does Fate have mind-reading powers?
I vote for him because he was the first person who gained my suspicion, I thought I said that or at least mentioned it or something D:<.
My statement was that I wouldn't vote till I see people post and stuff, right? I did see people post, and I made my decision. It probably was quick, but I made it.
Translation: I'm going to lurk until a bandwagon starts and then jump on it.

Not to mention the fact that you apparently made your decision on who to vote for based on posting styles, which doesn't make any sense outside of RVS, which I think it'd be hard to argue you were doing.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Switz »

RVS=Random Voting Stage. It's the part of games where you vote people for no reason in order to get things started.

Here's my problem with your response (aside from its repeated AtE, or Appeal to Emotion):

This is the reason you initially gave for your vote. (Bold is mine)
Bunny wrote:What Butterman says.
I assume this is Buttonman, so what you're referring to is this statement: "@FATE: Just remember while I don't mind your style as it's great for generating discussion too much distortion of noise:content ratio is anti-town."

Fate the way you go about wants me to vote against you,
Again, referring to Fate's style of play.

but I dislike Parama way of posting less D:<.
And here you reference Parama's style of play. In your defense, I think what you meant to say is "I dislike Parama's way of *posting less*" where the problem is Parama's "posting less," not just Parama's posting in general. This clears up Aranneas' confusion.

Plus he self voted himself. Who does that?
His self voting was done in the random vote stage (RVS) and I don't think it can be "read" in a traditional sense as a result. What's more interesting (and, usually, the point of random voting) is how others react to the random votes.
Now, however, you're saying you're only voting for him due to the self-voting, which is a pretty weak argument. Yes, your scenario with self-voting makes sense, but I don't think it's something only scum would do at this stage in the game. It's something scum might do later in a game, as part of a last-ditch effort to save themselves, but now it wouldn't make much sense.

And the reason for the contradiction for my post is that I'm saying two distinct things. The reason you're giving for why you voted Parama is posting styles (and now apparently self-voting). The real reason is because you saw a bandwagon you could jump on.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Switz »

Bunny's responses read town to me, so that's enough of that.

Unvote

Hinduragi: What exactly are you voting Bunnylover for? Your posts are somewhat opaque.

Fate: Unlike Parama, I do care why you see him as scum. To me, his wagon looks like RVS and I'm thinking we should move on unless there's a legitimate reason to go for him.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Switz »

Aranneas wrote:
Switz wrote:Bunny's responses read town to me, so that's enough of that.

Unvote

Hinduragi: What exactly are you voting Bunnylover for? Your posts are somewhat opaque.

Fate: Unlike Parama, I do care why you see him as scum. To me, his wagon looks like RVS and I'm thinking we should move on unless there's a legitimate reason to go for him.
Why are you afraid of having a wagon? It started random, certainly, but most day one wagons do. How do you plan to find scum without one?
Umm, I'm not afraid of having a wagon. I just don't think there's any basis behind the Parama one.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Switz »

Aranneas wrote:You haven't suggested an alternative. Do you have one in mind?
If I had to pick, probably Hinduragi or Jack. Looking back through the thread, I feel like Hindu's the safer bet.

Vote: Hinduragi

Let's see where this goes.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Switz »

Hinduragi wrote:
Fate wrote:ITT: Bunnywagon fails,

Parama joins Jackwagon.
I lol'd at that. I still don't get the Parama wagon too much because you guys aren't explaining anything, but hopping the Jack wagon makes me willing to put him at L-1.

Unvote;Vote: Parama
Uh, in what way does hopping the Jack wagon make you willing to put Parama at L-1? And why would you join a wagon you don't understand unless all you want is to get town lynched? I was okay with voting you just for your actions on the Bunny wagon, but this is ridiculous.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Switz »

Except he had stated earlier that he thought Bunny and Jack were scum.
Parama wrote:Also you don't need to be a good scumhunter to see that Bunny and Jack are scum
Not the best lead-in in the world, but it's not like his vote came completely out of the blue or anything, like yours did.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Switz »

Jack wrote:
unvote, vote:Fate

His switch from "parama is scum" to "parama is town" where he pretends it was a plan all along.
Uh, yeah. In ISO that switch is kind of immediate. Except I don't think Jack is town so that makes it more complicated.

I still like Hindu for D1 though. Zor, why don't you seem to like/have an opinion on either of our lovely wagons?
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Switz »

Ok, maybe Hindu can wait for tomorrow.

Vote: Jack
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Switz »

Bunnylover wrote::< Their not much to post.
Fate and parama believe Jack and Hind are mafia.
I believe that Parama is mafia.
Switz and Aranneas believe Hind is mafia.
The only way this day would end is if Switz and Aranneas switch to Jack which would cause him to be lynched.
If that happen then more then likely Hind will be lynch the next day if they all allow an alliance between them.
Or a cop could invistigate him to prove his innocent or to prove his guiltyness.
As of now, I'm not going to change my vote.
Ok, first of all, I have changed my vote, as you could tell be reading only a few posts above.

Second of all, your reasons for voting Parama are:
Self-voting
OMGUSing/creating a competing wagon
Switching his vote around a lot

These reasons are not sufficient. Especially when you're using them as fodder to tunnel like nobody's business.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Switz »

Woah, time out and
Unvote

Why is it so necessary that we kill Jack, a claimed 1-shot vig, on Day 1? If he is telling the truth, him taking a shot overNight would make him a confirmed townie. I mean, look at the possible scenarios here.

A) Jack is telling the truth.
B) Jack is lying, and is mafia.
C) Jack is lying, and is serial killer.
X) Jack is lying, and is some random other role.

Yes, killing Jack now will clear up this confusion. But letting him live to Day 2 could do the same thing. If two people die tomorrow night, then that limits us to Scenarios A and C (and X). If Jack is a serial killer, all we have to do from there is make it to the end of the game with enough townies that he loses, which could be tricky and might need discussion.

Of course, if only one person dies tonight he would almost have to be lynched. But that goes without saying.

Look, if Jack's our only viable lynch at the end of the Day, I'll gladly vote for him to prevent a no lynch. But to blindly go after him immediately after a claim strikes me as daring at best.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Switz »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Switz wrote:Woah, time out and
Unvote

Why is it so necessary that we kill Jack, a claimed 1-shot vig, on Day 1? If he is telling the truth, him taking a shot overNight would make him a confirmed townie.
Of course, if only one person dies tonight he would almost have to be lynched. But that goes without saying.
Both of those statments are completely false, one of them is also scummy.

Letting him live the night and not directing his shot is the best play in my opinion.
Your objection to the first statement is right in theory but the remainder of my post clearly says what I meant to say: if two people die toNight then Jack is either town or an SK.

And why wouldn't we have to lynch Jack the next day? As Fate said, we can't trust whatever he says happens to him (block, protect, etc.) so we'd have to get rid of him then to be sure he's not scum, unless someone else could clear him.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Switz »

Fate, your death is worth it if you're scum, the way you're coming off.

I know you have a certain reputation on this site, but putting your survival over the good of the town is not playing to your win condition if you're town.

Jack has claimed a role that has one easy test: we let him live one night. If there is only one kill overNight, we lynch him and move on. Or, we could just lynch him now and potentially lose an extra kill.

Your choice. (but not really)
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Switz »

Ellibereth wrote:
zoraster wrote:If i know jack, he hasn't told us who he actually plans to shoot. but wifom!
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT. >.>
(don't answer plz :P)

Deadlines in 2 days guyz. Are y'all active enough to hop on get another lynch and deal with whatever claim? We'd prob have to just ignore it and go through.
Damn it you're right. For some reason I thought we had more time but with deadline tomorrow we're just going to have to bite the bullet.

Vote: Jack
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Switz »

Ha, wow, GG all.

So glad I finally decided on protecting Fate last night. And on that note, sorry for pushing the survival of Jack until tomorrow. I think we'd have gotten him then but this was much easier.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”