easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 am

Post by easjo682 »

Gidday, I'll catch up on the thread see what I've missed out on, give my thoughts...
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:46 am

Post by easjo682 »

farside wrote:Looking at this game. those who are bidding on the NK should explain who they are and why they are bidding on the item.
The NK should be used by someone we think is town and who they shot should be talked about as well.
There will be someone who will try to get the body armor. I think that, the cop and any other ability should be avoided, but discussing the nk ability is more for the town side then allowing the scum to have it and control it.
what do you propose be done about the fact that mafia may simply stay silent and not mention at all that they have the night kill power?
zajnet wrote:I'll come out right now and say that I am the one that bid $146 for the Nightkill. I am town, and I borrowed close to the maximum possible without hitting bankruptcy in 3 days to get the scum to blow as much of their money as possible on getting that. If someone wants to wire me their money so I can try to win it for the town, that would be cool but you probably won't believe me, so meh. At least we got the scum to spend as much as possible.
Thats a great idea, to drive up the prices the mafia will have to pay thereby risking bankrupting them earlier or at least making things slower for them, and they'll have each other to bid against as well again making things hopefully more difficult for them. Also worse comes to worse if a town does get a night kill, then it does two things, gives the chance for town to kill scum, and stops mafia from killing town. though this doesn't mean you are town.
farside wrote:If a player doesnt' say they bid on it we assume then (most likely correctly) that scum has the NK.
that makes more sense, though if someone were to claim we'd get massive WIFOM as to whether or not scum would claim the ability in the hopes of being passed off as town
flashstorm wrote:"breaking strategy"
too many holes in this plan.
It would take until day 3 to get two "confirmed" townies (via the cop buy) and it is not guarenteed that scum wont just buy the cop ability
by just trusting a player because they seem townie as the official is a huge risk
the player being sent money could be easily give money over the threshold to force him out of the game thereby losing the town a whole lot of money.
andrius wrote:I think everyone but Kerrigan's had the chance to claim NK. So if he/she doesn't have it then I think its safe to say its in the hands of a scum faction.
it was pretty likely to be going into the hands of scum, remember that whoever brought it is effectivly paying 73.5 per kill.

I've read to the end of page seven, I'll be reading more later, busy right now
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”