wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:23 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Let us say a prayer for Doyle who always seems to get the rough end of the stick.

And then let us
vote Starbuck
for being named after an evil organization who puts addictive chemicals in their coffee. :P
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 am

Post by wolframnhart »

unvote, vote pwnman

three votes isn't a major thing in RVS stage, and to vote someone for bandwagoning in the RVS stage doesn't make much sense, how else would games get going most of the time?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:44 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Fate is posting in other games, why he hasn't posted here makes me wonder...

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

It was three votes, four more would have been a lynch, there was no quick lynch in sight and if there had been there would have had great candidates for tomorrow for scum. Very White Knightish, my vote stands.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I don't get you Seven.

You are up for a bandwagon, but not questioning people, and are up for going against Vaya or Pwnman, neither of which you are voting even though you are up for a bandwagon? Observing is one thing, but to not participate is another, and by not using your vote you are not participating. And what do you mean by tonight? tonight real time or game night?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 am

Post by wolframnhart »

And here i was expecting Seven to come back with a crap post after saying he would after night. I wasn't trying to say if you post like Vaya's RVS it would be fine, sorry if it came off that way, but your almost refusal to do anything else was what bothered me. A post like your big one makes me feel a little better about you.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Huh, weren't you worried that Vaya would end up doing that?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

So i believe that everyone needs to start voting pwnman, after all three posts of not much but fluff needs to be dealt with.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

@Farside
It wasn't a question, the "huh" was a paused thinking "huh".. i think that makes sense. But no i don't think that she should be able to get away with saying she will keep up and then lurk.

@Jer
Probably not the wording i wanted to use, i should have said something like "Oh what do people think of pwnman now that seven has posted?" As i said, the three posting and the wording of them has kept my vote on him.

@Esur
Yea that vote doesn't seem very OMGUS at all does it? Even after the pointless self vote.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

But your vote against yourself was a bit over the top, if you didn't agree with his vote and call for votes against you that is one thing, you could have voted him only and then told him you wanted him to post a real case against you.

Instead you vote yourself for no reason other then to be smart about it and then vote Fate based on something Seven said.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Smart/Sarcasm, same thing in my book, but i knew what she was doing, just saying that it was unnecessary, not vote worthy though.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

But who can say they are townies either, just because townies can do it as well doesn't mean they are such.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 am

Post by wolframnhart »

First, Azhriel I believe Fate did explain why he didn't approve of the Seven, Vaya, and Pwnman wagons in that same post you quoted, because they were based on those three's playstyle "(Cautious, Lurking, and BW fearful respectively)."

Second, Pwnman you have got to be kidding me. You come back and THAT is your post? No real info just another fluff post and a threat to vote the biggest bandwagon if they don't convince you? A player that has done really nothing so far?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:14 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I'm not in farside's long post, she hates me :cry:

I agree with her posting on her top scum member (obv since I have my vote there as well) though I am not sure about vaya or es right now.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

1)Someone said you voted?

2)Why does Fate have to convince you of anything? You haven't really done anything at all to make anyone need to convince you of something, instead you should be trying to convince the people who have voted you why we shouldn't, just telling us to stop is not going to cut it.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:48 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok let's leave the mod killing discussion alone, that is going to be up to the mod.
mod can we have an updated votecount?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Don't really see how you haven't seen enough of me, i may not have wall posts but I am posting.

I am still waiting on Pwnman to answer though, his actions so far, especially what he said about Fate needing to convince him (when he has done nothing) makes me believe he is lurking scum.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok folks just a heads up this is going to be my last post until i get back from my V/LA
unless
i have time after i get back from work tonight and before we leave, or if i get a moment to myself during the v/la to post.

I really still do not like pwnmans absence from the game, he is blatantly lurking and as I said before, his comment that Fate had to convince him not ot vote him was just plain ridiculous, he should be convincing us not to lynch him for not contributing at all to the game.

I really am not looking forward to all the catching up I am going to have to do here.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:55 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok I have a little bit and am trying to get some posts up on my games while i have time during my V/LA. I really don't know about pwnman right now. I don't know about having a watcher role, that turns into a doctor role at the same time if said person gets targeted to die at night. More flavor would be better at this time.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

So much happens in so little time. I get the mafia traitor part, wonder what the delayer part is. Would really like to hear from pwnman before anything.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:28 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Azhrei wrote:Oh, also, I'm reasonably certain (from my quick lookaround at the end of D1), that a delayer is simply a role which delays the abilities of other players by x amount of time.
That makes sense i suppose.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:52 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Fate

Yea I know my last two posts, not that great, basically place holders for me before I make this post here due to work, R.L, etc.

So looking back on Jer and his main post about the reads he got on people:
Jeromus wrote:@Fate - HAND of suspicion? Okay. Show me how you use your whole hand to present suspicion!
We still have that "Lynch" thing to do. Really, we need everyone to post their thoughts now - As I shall do now.

Pwnman - I'm unsure of you. Your claim makes me reluctant to support your lynching - But I still thought you were a tad suspicious in that you only posted once at L-1, along with your post in response to me asking your opinion, stating not your suspicions, but simply stating the two other bandwagons.

Az - Based on other games, and, y'know, having known you for 4 years - I'm getting town. Aggressive, obnoxious on occasion, town, but town.

Seven - Your stance appeared odd at first; even scummy, but as the game waddles along, I'm finding you more and more town.

Farside - Look...I've really got nothing. You say a lot of what other people say, only badly phrased, but it's hardly a solid tell.

Iam – Has done nothing to offend as yet – Is good at saying what everyone else is saying and what everyone else is clearly thinking, but that might be the BW spam in this game getting to…Well, everyone.

Starbuck – Look, Iam was really not getting up in arms about that; that claim was hardly valid, but other than that, you’ve been neutral.

Esurio – I like you. Your prose and your play both please me and I get critical town from your play.

Fate - Fate...I'm sorry, I just dislike you. Your play frustrates me; and it still appears quite scummy to me, with your "No...YOU tell me why I should vote you!" case. I'd say you're pretty high on my scumdar, for your unorthodox and, what I believe is illogical play.

Bv310? - I've got nothing. Try posting. Please, I beg of you.

Wolf - You're a whole heap of neutral right now. I've got no bad feelings on you, ETC. which bothers me, for that's the perfect situation for the scum to be in; but thus far I have nothing.

Vaya - You're also neutral, perhaps even pro-town. You don't post much, but when you do, your logic is sound and your posts contain appropriate and valid content. Keep that up Smile. But change your gorramned avatar.

Gah, too many neutral reads!
The fact that there are so many neutral reads does stand out, but it's the other reads that are not "neutral" that make this post even better.

pwnman - unsure
AZ - obnoxious town

Seven - more and more town

Farside - nothing
Iam - nothing
Starbuck - neutral
Es - critical town

Fate - High on scumdar
Bv310 - nothing, but begged for him to post more.
Wolf - whole heap of neutral.
Vaya - neutral, perhaps pro-town.

Now follow me here, the vote count for jer ended up being:
Fate, az, iam, seven, es, vaya, jer.

The most interesting vote on this wagon was Es's:
Esuriospiritus wrote:
<snip>
Jeromus... a lot of things bothered me about Jeromus' post before I even saw it bothered anyone else. The last minute declaration of, "hey, everyone needs to post their thoughts!" bothers me because this late in the day it's just going to tell scum who is viewed as the most obvtown, aka who they need to kill (if they're going to wifom against shooting pwn by assuming there's another protective role somewhere in the mix). He finds way too many people neutral, -- and here's the thing that really put up a red flag for me -- he says Azh is "aggressive and obnoxious". What? I did a quick iso of Azh to see if there was anything that struck me this way even remotely, and really, other than the whole personal attack on Fate thing, I didn't see anything I would define as such. But what I have seen is what seems to me like a fairly obvtown player. So jeromus saying his close irl friend is being aggressive and obnoxious tells the amateur psychologist in me that Jeromus sees Azh as a threat.

I could go on, dissecting his views on every player, but that was what bothered me most and bothered me before I could be influenced by anyone else's reaction to him, so that's what I'm sticking to for the sake of (relative) brevity.
<snip>
It makes no sense to me. Jer had placed AZ as town, aggressive and obnoxious yes, but town non the less, so why is Es so uppity about Jer's read on AZ? I didn't see Jer's read as AZ is a threat, and if it was as a threat why did it make ES uncomfortable? Also she claims that Jer's post made her uncomfortable before anyone else mentioned it, but where did she mention that before? Jer's post was number 294, ES didn't post anything until 321, and plenty of people had said they had a problem with Jer's post. ES there is trying too hard to be town with her vote against Jer.

Now that, along with Jer calling ES critical town, not just town but
critical
makes me think Jer was trying really hard to get ES to notice him.

vote Esuriospiritus

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Es wrote:Have you ever been scum? More importantly, have you ever been scum and had some townie in the game who is unnervingly good at reading you keeping you walking on eggshells? Let me tell you, it is quite the harrowing experience and I find it quite plausible that this would affect Jeromus' "read" on Az and make him find him to be more aggressive and obnoxious than he was actually being. It's a psychological thing.
Yes I have been scum, and yes i have been in a game where a townie had me on eggshells. You find it plausable, fine, but that doesn't necessarily make it right.
Es wrote:I think you misread. It didn't make me uncomfortable that Jeromus thought Az was a threat, and frankly I've no clue where you got the idea that it did, I just emphasized it because it was what I noticed before I continued reading the thread and realized other people had problems with his post.
I got that you were uncomfortable from this:
Es wrote:and here's the thing that really put up a red flag for me -- he says Azh is "aggressive and obnoxious".
Uncomfortable may have been the wrong word, but you also stated it bothered you, for me if something bothers me it makes me uncomfortable.
Es wrote:I didn't, it's called having a life that requires me to be away from a computer for longish periods of time and other people beating me to the punch. It's not my fault I sometimes can't be around when an exciting new development happens and I certainly shouldn't be called "trying too hard" for being late to the game.
I know all about having a life Es, don't try to bring it up as if it is a good point. If you weren't around to post that jer's post bothered you then to me it's because you didn't read it until later after everyone else already commented on it, and to say that it bothered you before everyone else tells me you read it before hand and did have time to post something.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

If you feel you have to repeat yourself to defend a case against you ES and that it is making the game loose it's fun then please feel free to replace out, it is not my job to make this game fun for you.

However I do see that I did misread your comment, that still doesn't clear you though to me. Jer's three neautrals, 1 scum, 3 towns (and not just town but obnoxious, critical, and more and more town) and the rest unsures it's his wording that jumps out at me. Jer could have just said you were town, but he instead called you "critical" town, and I believe it to be an attention grabber in hopes that you wouldn't vote to lynch him so he could hopefully fully join your scum group. Then he hammers himself to try and throw everyone off, and I am thinking it is because you and another scum (if not the only other scum) was already on his wagon.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Es wrote:I am confused by your last sentence. It looks like you are insinuating knowledge of exactly two remaining scum, but I somehow doubt that anyone could make a scumslip that horribly bad... What do you mean by "if not the only other scum"?
In most if not all 12 player games I have been in there are normally three scum, and/or a vig/sk role. Since Jer was a mafia traitor I assume there are two other members to the mafia still alive, however since I don't believe I have been in a game with a traitor before I might be wrong and there is only 1 member of mafia left, but that would leave the mafia at a disadvantage so i would say 2 are still alive and kickin. Feel free to browse my wiki with links to my finished games to double check that.

And not to be a complete pain in the ass but most of the time my fingers shorten names up for me, not because esurio is hard to type, but Es is so much quicker on them. I can try to do esurio every time, but cannot make any promises :)

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:23 am

Post by wolframnhart »

TonyMontana wrote:
esuriospiritus wrote:More importantly, ES is an ugly abbreviation of what is otherwise an aesthetically appealing handle. As weird as this may sound, I actually care about this sort of thing, as I happen to be quite the logoleptic (in case that wasn't already obvious). :oops:
Can I suggest "
esu
"?

That's what I use for my own notes, and unless someone uses the lords name in vain, it hardly gets used otherwise.

Besides, I don't like ES either.

I hereby officially recommend everyone to abbreviate esuriospiritus using "esu" -.-
:roll: Fine :P though i have no idea what ES stands for that is offensive or whatever. ESu i think i can handle LoL

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Iam

I realize i wasn't in much of the D1 discussion, but remember i was away on V/LA for a big chunk of it, the little time i did have where i could post i did, but it was only to give a quick update over what had transpired with pwnman. By the time i got back fully it was already night 1.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:19 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Starbuck

WRONG!
14.) Play to win.

15.) Play with the spirit of the game in mind.

16.) Have fun. Remember that everyone playing are actually real people and treat them as such.

I am playing to win

Spirit of the game is to play and have fun, and I am doing so, it doesn't say I have to do it for other players and if one player gets uppity it is not my problem.

I am having fun, and I am not "personally" attacking anyone or treating anyone horrible, heck in fact my comment to Esu was the first one like that in this game, and now I will make another one, quit trying to be the Mafia Rules Police, seriously let the mod do his job and quit trying to nit pick over everything.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 am

Post by wolframnhart »

You don't need to call anything out that you believe to be out of line unless it is a clear violation, in which case let the mod do his job. Now let's drop this and continue on with the game.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

unvote

Gonna trust bv310 on this one for now. Not really seeing the entire case on Vaya, but just because I don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. The only real thing that stands out to me is the resent post:
Vaya wrote:
<snip
I don't see why this lynch can't happen today. Everyone seems to say they'd be happy with this lynch, and I haven't liked a few things she's said myself, but everyone's just seem to have accepted that it just won't happen today. I'd much prefer a Starbuck lynch to esu.
Since everyone seems to say they should be happy with the lynch, that's the way he is voting, before then he was sure that farside was the scum on his wagon, without really pushing any case, but is more then happy to vote someone else and still not give any reasoning on the farside vote earlier.

vote Vaya

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Farside wrote:I need to look the character up. I don't take a threat of being shot by another player lightly and all it does is kill a townie.
^^This. I don't see Jayne being a one-shot vig, trigger happy (and the way Jayne was in the series) would make more sense as a regular vig, and even still you aren't trying at all to ask town opinion on who they might want you to use said power on, you are taking it upon yourself to shoot who you believe to be scum, and again making no sense since you are voting Starbuck but apparently think farside is scum and are trying to get your shot to go off on her.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #31) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

depends on when the kill goes through wouldn't it? Besides if it is one shot and he already sent in his kill we won't be directing anything.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #32) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok i really feel confused now, I thought Vaya said she already used the shot? As in i thought she meant it was a day ability, do i have that wrong?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

unvote

gonna think about this for a moment.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I doubt pwnman will be posting, only because he is being replaced in any game that isn't under BaM rules it seems.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

bv310 wrote:Also, I can safely fay that I believe Esurio as town. I'd rather not reveal why, but I'm pretty certain.
Yes from this I was willing to trust bv310, I figured one more day couldn't hurt.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #36) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

esu wrote:You keep your vote on me all day, don't do jack crap, and bv310 is the one who convinces you to unvote me?
And watch what you say about not doing "jack crap"

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #37) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:26 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Willow is a good witch that is true, but she also goes and becomes the Big Bad in season 6 (possibly 5?).

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:44 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Yep, dark alter ego that appeared in season 6, kicked some ass, but ultimately it was Xander that stops her and she becomes good willow again, then she reappears in book 4 of season 8 when Buffy finally kills her.

eight hours left but there is one other thing that can happen. I have a little condition to my voting, stating that I can't throw down a hammer on a player, unless there are no more town members voting (in other words both starbuck and bv310 would have to be scum) for my hammer to go through.

Plus we already had one witch in the game tara, a flavor cop, and Starbuck claiming a 50% chance of blocking someone's night actions.

vote Starbuck

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I got clarification from the mod

for my vote to work, everyone on starbucks lynch has to be town, and everyone NOT on her wagon has to be scum. Unfortunately this doesn't truely narrow down people, starbuck could still technically be scum, but that would mean bv310 is town, and vice versa of starbuck being town and bv310 being scum. All this really means is what everyone already knows, that scum is on starbucks wagon/.

unvote

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #40) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:40 am

Post by wolframnhart »

unfortunately we have eight or less hours to decide, and I have to leave for work in two hours ><

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #41) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:41 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Ah btw, it's not that my votes don't count, it's my "hammer" votes that depend on who is on a wagon.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #42) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:47 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Yea I thought it was game breaking too, but at least it does help a little in this situation.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #43) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:10 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Vaya wrote:Just asking, if you felt it was gamebreaking, why didn't you claim it Day 1?
Couple reasons, I didn't want to claim it too early and I believed pwnman to be scum enough to go after his lynch. The other reason is because by the time everything happened on Day 1 i was still on V/LA or on the road back from my V/LA.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #44) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:12 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Actually one of my favorite descriptions of Jayne from Firefly was Zoey telling Wash "You could lock the door and keep the power hungry maniac at bay"

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #45) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:20 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Well it is true that willow went nuts and because the Big Bad after Tara died. Could she have become an SK after Tara's death? Sure it's possible, but it might be the worst reason in the world, but she seemed very surprised that my hammer didn't work and had even said go town on her "death" post. I am hoping I am not wrong about her and she played us hoping that my hammer didn't work, but I am giving her the benefit of the doubt right now.

the only thing that stands out as odd to me is that her role says villager, but she calls herself a good witch. Seven (tara) was originally called a witch in her role but TM changed it to what it really meant, Flavor Cop. Why Willow's title is villager instead of something to do with a witch is making me scratch my head.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #46) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 am

Post by wolframnhart »

As it is with so little time before the deadline I toyed with the idea of a no lynch today since pwnman would be modkilled right? That way we don't loose two people (both could be town or one/both could be scum) but pwnman's death really would give info.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #47) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:32 am

Post by wolframnhart »

From what I can understand my hammer votes only count if everyone on the wagon is town and everyone not on the wagon is scum, that's the best I can describe it as it was described to me. If I am not the hammer on someone, my vote counts just fine and someone else can hammer.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #48) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Starbuck wrote:I'm really concerned about Fate and just how much his opinion changes with every posts he makes. His flip-floppyness has been making me nervous, and he is who I targeted last night.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #49) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:35 am

Post by wolframnhart »

farside22 wrote:By the way wolf I have seen scum say good luck town when being hammered.
I don't know why they do it but I don't look at it as a tell any more.
That's true, which is why I said i know it is not the best reason, and why the role claim is making me scratch my head.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #50) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:27 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I am open to a full claim if everyone asks, I realize my "hammer" ability raises some questions and might answer a few more, so if a full claim will help then a full claim I will do.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #51) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I have never watched the Dollhouse series, probably because i haven't had tv in forever, but i'll try to hulu it one of these days, have never seen a Whedon show i didn't like, I even looked up the Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog because of this game.
Farside wrote:@Wolf: Is your hammer ability once per day or is it anytime you hammer?
it doesn't say there is a limit, just says when I hammer. I will still wait until we hear from others to see if everyone wants me to full claim, and I will try to go back over my hammering condition at that time too to make sure there is nothing we are missing about it.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #52) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

@mod Just curious, may I ask why pwnman was modkilled if he had been replaced by dedicatedscribe?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #53) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

farside22 wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:I have never watched the Dollhouse series, probably because i haven't had tv in forever, but i'll try to hulu it one of these days, have never seen a Whedon show i didn't like, I even looked up the Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog because of this game.
Farside wrote:@Wolf: Is your hammer ability once per day or is it anytime you hammer?
it doesn't say there is a limit, just says when I hammer. I will still wait until we hear from others to see if everyone wants me to full claim, and I will try to go back over my hammering condition at that time too to make sure there is nothing we are missing about it.
You know what I'm thinking on how to use it? Can you confirm with the mod if it's once per game?
I think i see where you are going with this, but to tell you the truth if you thought of a way to use it that would mean anyone could, which is why I am surprised i survived the night, I was sure that I would be dead. Why scum would kill bv310 when he said his flip would show why esu is town, and why esu said the same thing, is beyond me.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I went ahead and pm'd the mod, will wait for response.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

BTW on the subject of Whedon and deaths, I was extremely pissed that he killed off the comedy relief known as Wash.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Esu wrote:I can't answer the first part (though I theorize that scum figured it out and REALLY didn't want us both alive and confirmed,
That's probably true, i guess it just threw me off since really it was only confirmable (in my eyes at least) if one of you had died. But we can speculate all day on why scum kill this person over that person *shrug*

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I really don't mind claiming, but I do feel we should wait to hear from Fate and Iam regardless.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I agree with farside, if there were three left we would be in lylo right now, if we somehow mislynched today it's done and over with.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #59) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I am sending the Mod a pm with me stating my hammer condition to make sure it doesn't break quoting the pm he had sent me clarifying my condition. If it ends up being fine i will post it.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (isolation #60) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Farside22 wrote:Now if wolf's ability was only on starbuck (I think he is about to claim xandar)
I can safely say that is not my role, good try though.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #61) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I hope Tony answers me soon. I gotta say though, I am really loving this game so far, and actually would love to see it as a large theme.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Lol welcome to day 3 fate.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #63) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Gotta say, that is definitely odd. Day 2 Fate came out swinging. Day 3 after a good bit of conversation, his first post is well.. nothing.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #64) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I'm hoping for the writing part myself.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Kk well I am gonna head off to bed, hopefully by morning Tony will have messaged me back. If it still looks like everyone wants to me claim when I check up on the thread before work then I will.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (isolation #66) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok guys about the best way I can describe my hammer condition is if scum is on a wagon AND/OR if town is not, I can't hammer. That is really the jist of it. Also it is not a one time thing. Do people still want me to claim or hold off? I won't be at this point until i get home from work just fyi.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Oi, i gots bad news town, though good news to scum. I got home and have a message waiting for me from Tony, because the hammer condition i had (and yes I am now using past tense) he realized it could too easily detect scum, so he has now taken it away. :/

Now on with the rest of the game, are we massclaiming today?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

popcorn claim then?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #69) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Full claim incoming:
wolframnhart wrote:Let us say a
prayer
for Doyle who always seems to get the rough end of the stick.
My person definitely does a lot of the italicized. I am Sheperd Book. I was really hoping to get Malcolm Reynolds since that is my avatar, but hey Book works too! At least it is a Firefly char. The reason I had such a hard time believing pwnman and didn't take my vote off him was because I can pray (obviously) for people and it will either save them or kill them. I took that as a doc/vig role but i guess it could have been a bodyguard/vig role? But i thought there couldn't be a watcher/Doc and a doc/vig role. My prayers can also do other things (non specified).

Night one, I prayed for Farside. I sent my night action in the day I left for my V/LA because I found farside to be very pro-town. Night 2 I prayed for farside again only because of Vaya's threat to shoot her, and I still found farside to be pro-town. Of course had i noticed farside's soft claim I would have prayed for someone else. That's why i told esu to be careful with her "jack crap" comment. I was doing stuff just more at night although I know i needed to be more active during the day, i just didn't want to call a lot of attention to myself at the time being a doc/vig or whatever role, either way sorry for the back and forth we had going there esu.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:53 am

Post by wolframnhart »

So did you hide behind anyone night 2? Or do you only hide in shadows and not behind a player like the wiki says?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #71) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:21 am

Post by wolframnhart »

That's what I am trying to figure out right now.

Claims:
Farside - Angel - Hider/Tracker
Wolframnhart - Sheperd Book - Doc/Vig/unspecified or Bodyguard/Vig/unspecified
Azhrei - Spike - VT
Fate - Kate Lockey - Cop.
Esu - Victor - VT
Vaya - Jayne - One shot Vig now VT
Iam - Buffy - VT

Confirmed Town:
Esu - Farside hid behind her night 2, being a hider she would have died if Esu was scum.
Farside - hid behind Esu. Now farside could be lying, however I doubt it because I still don't find her to be anythign but pro-town. Fate (claiming cop) says he investigated her and cleared her as town.

Deaths:
Seven - Tara - was killed by vampire (saying this due to death scene)
Bv310 - didn't specify.
pwnman - modkilled.

Now we know that a vampire killed Seven, problem is is it Angel or Spike? Could I see Angel being Angelus as the mafia GF? yes, however as stated I find that hard since i don't see Farsidescum. Could Spike be William The Bloody and not comical soul gotten Spike? Yes. Another possibility is it could be someone fake claiming and is either Drusila, Darla, or The Master.

Another thing, the town power roles.
Investigation roles:
Watcher - pwnman
Farside - hider/Tracker
Fate - Cop

Something seems off here balance wise because there are a bit to many investigative roles, scum could be outed very easily. Also.. Buffy as a VT? So weird.

@Fate
Why did you choose Farside to investigate Night 2? Why Seven night 1? Seems off that of course your first investigation ended up dead, and Farside who seems town would be investigated.

I have to go to work here, long night, and pull a double tomorrow, so if i get time I will post again, but for now I need to think about this because something seems off.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #72) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:28 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Hey all I am able to post now. Really sorry for the lack but work weekend was hell for me. Now I am trying to sort through everything that has happened, and I am currently asking Tony for clarification on my role since all I am told is that I pray for someone and they can either die or be protected, so i had assumed that meant vig/doc role, after seeing pwnmans flip i started wondering about a vig/bodyguard role since I didn't think there would be two doc roles. Hopefully he replies soon.

@Fate
I have a question for you. You stated:
Fate wrote:I don't know why everyone assumes, "oh investigate whoever you find scummiest during the day." As good cop play.
Yet in PYP2 you got after bouncy for not investigating you when bouncy had her vote on you all of Day 1 and as a rolecop had investigated RayFrost. Isn't that the same thing?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #73) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok so got my clarification, and have never had this role before, but it seems that I am actually a Joat. The save a life/take a life was more or less for flavor of my role because The Almighty that I pray to decides on giving or taking life. Anyways the exact powers I have as JoaT, I don't know. When I pray for someone the prayer will effect someone in a good or bad way, or it might help the me or town in a good or bad way.

@Farside
Did anything happen to you at all Night 1 when I prayed for you? I assume that Night 2 when prayed for you again that nothing happened since you were hiding but I am not 100% on that.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (isolation #74) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Correct, I hae no choice on whatever Joat powers i have and no choice as to which to use because I don't even know the powers. Joat was all i was told upon asking for clarification, but with a long list of unknown things that can happen. I was unaware I was a JoaT until Tony clarified my role more.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #75) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

farside22 wrote:My head hurts trying to figure out that issue.
Wolf: Who do you think is scum right now?
Your head ain't the only one hurting LoL.

I am really trying to get my thoughts through this one. I was really ready to go vote Fate based off of claim alone for a few reasons. 1)Cop (insane/sane) because it still seemed like too many investigation roles. TO have a tracker. watcher, and a cop, not to mention a flavorcop, makes no sense to me, but then I got clarification on my role and.. now I don't know what to think about the insane cop claim. Other problem to me is that Kate really wasn't that main of a character in the Angel series, but that could be left to opinion i suppose. Also I did not like his attitude and his rants, but that is more personal problem that I am trying to not think about as any sort of scum tell.

Could it be the two VT's? Buffy as the GF (since she could be The First taking the form of Buffy which seemed to be a favorite for The First) and Spike (whom The First kinda controlled for a bit even with his soul?) but what town wouldn't have a VT role or two.

One thing just shot in my head as I was reviewing my post. If starbuck was telling the truth about he using her ability to give a player a 50% chance of failure, she said she targeted Fate night 1. That could explain Fate's guilty investigation on Seven, because his investigation failed. But night 2 his investigation could have been right, thus making him think he is insane.

I am also now having a hard time believing absolutely nothing happened to Farside Night 1, good or bad, but since I don't even know what could have happened i can't really hold that against her.

Right now I find esu, myself, and Azh town.
I am iffy on Fate, vay, and farside
Thinking scum on Iam.

we have 22 hours give or take to make a decision.

If anyone has any thoughts on my thoughts lets get them going now, if by almost deadline time if nothing has really changed I will hammer Vaya.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #76) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Az
I was waiting to see what people thought about my thoughts, especially about the curse Starbuck used (if she ws telling the truth) but this day is going to end in a little while and there isn't any reason to drag it out.

vote Vaya

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (isolation #77) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:06 am

Post by wolframnhart »

what the hell?

I didn't lie about my ability.

*edit*
I am at this point the most useless character ever. I looked at my message box and my voting condition is gone, however i CAN'T hammer.

Can't hammer, have no idea what my powers will do if they do anything, I'm bout ready to rip my hair out.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #78) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@farside
I am pretty sure I stated where I find everyone right now. Do i think 100% that Vaya is scum? No, but unfortunately with deadline just a few hours away, and a no lynch not the best idea, i don't see an alternative.

@esu
unvote, vote Vaya

Hammer away.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #79) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Well congrats to the scum team. I didn't really have a scum read on Iam, though a VT buffy seemed off, and Farside I knew I made a mistake on thinking she was town when she kept asking me what i thought about certain people, and i ended up dead, to me that said i was probably killed because it was uncertain where i stood (even if that wasn't the reason thats what i felt).

I am sure Tony knows this but I was pretty upset with my role after the second day. I started out the game thinking I was a doc/vig role, and really thought pwman was scum because of his watcher/doc claim, but when he did flip that I thought "Oh I must be a bodyguard/vig role" and then was i was told I was a JOAT with no knowledge of his powers I was pretty upset because if i had known what my powers were I probably would have played it differently at night, and i did not think it fair i couldn't have a list of JOAT powers to choose from, perhaps the game would have ended differently I don't know.

Then the hammering issue. I get the reason behind it, Shepard Book was not about killing, the one time he really helped out the crew by saving Captain reynolds from Nishka and asked "Doesn't the Bible say things about killing?" He replied "It's a bit fuzzy on kneecaps and shoulders" or something like that. But then when my hammering condition was taken away, I once again felt useless to the town because now I couldn't use that to help find scum, and then when I tried to hammer and realized i
couldn't
hammer at all (unless lylo) I literally threw up my hands.

I still had a great time with the games theme, and would do a Whedonesque 2, but really i felt handicapped for the most part.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (isolation #80) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:26 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Yea I saw the PR's and thats why Iam's buffy VT didn't make a lot of sense to me, i just didn't pursue it at the time, especially with spikes VT claim, but still I just didn't like the JOAT powers that I didn't even know about/get to choose from.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”