Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Ok, it's the first page and I'm already confused :P

Same questions to mod as everyone else- Are we asking trivia type questions or just w/e? etc.

Anyway, Since I have time I think I'll play it safe and do both. Anyway, feel no need to answer the trivia questions if we're supposed to ask normal questions

Non-trivia questions

bv- Do you use meta and if so, how much?
Cobalt-As of when you answer this question, who do you think is the scummiest person?
CMAR- What would you say your normal playstyle is (such as lurking a lot, talkitive, etc.)
DDD- Do you, like me, feel a strong urge to answer some of the questions even though we're not supposed to.
Dragons- What experiance have you had on this site or other similar sites. Meaning, how many games, how many were you town, scum, 3rd party etc.
Ellibereth-Would you consider yourself to be "pro-town"
farside-What is your opinions on policy lynches, when is it ok, not ok etc.
kirby-If you were to make a huge mistake when claiming but no one noticed but you, would you fix it if it would hurt you if it did?
Neto-Have you played any mafia games in a non-forum style (such as chatroom or RL)
Sanhora- What are you're overall opinions on this setup. What do you like, what don't you like etc.
TI- Would you consider yourself a "good" person when playing scum?

Trivia questions

bv-The word "vaccine" comes from the Latin word vaccinus which refers to what?
Cobalt-Tom Hanks won Best Actor Oscars two years in a row, 1993 and 1994, for his roles in what two films?
CMAV-June 6, 1944 is known as D-Day, when in the early daylight at low tide about 5,000 Allied ships invaded the coastline in what part of France?
DDD-What two countries beginning with the letter "B" share a land border with Yugoslavia?
Dragons-Eminent domain is the right of the government to do what?
Ellibereth-Which one of these people never won the Nobel Peace Prize: Mother Theresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, or Yassir Arafat?
farside-If all the Ivy League colleges were listed in alphabetical order, what would be the first four on the list?
Kirby-What number must a year be divisible by to qualify as a leap year?
Neto-Take the name of a colorful tropical fruit and add one letter - you get the name of a neck garment. What are these words?
Sanhora-Which three countries hosted the Winter Olympics during the 1990's?
TI-Which product, well-known for its humorous advertising, was advertised in the 1960's with the two slogans: "Small Wonder" and "Relieves Gas Pains"
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

@Mod

I think i understand now but just to be sure:

We can only ask questions in the question stage, only answer them in the answer stage, and only vote in the voting stage? Nothing else in either of them, right?

Also, same question as CMAR- Can we explain our votes in the voting stage or are we just limited to voting?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

1. No question from bv
What everyone else said

2. Are you town?
As far as you know: Yes. Don't know how this will help anyone though

3.Do you prefer being town, scum, or a third party and how do you feel about this game? Why?
I have no real preferance but if I had to pick I guess it would really depend on the specific roles but prbably 3rd party (Jesters FTW). Also, I am still somewhat confused (Well, confused may not be the best word for it at this point. I think it's mainly wrapping my head around the setup) but I think i'm getting the hang of it now

4. What possible benefit do you think the town would derive from just asking and answering trivia questions?
No idea but the flavor text at the beginning seemed to hint at it (At least to me anyway). Besides, at that point I was helplessly confused :P

5. No question from self
Darn it me. How are you supposed to gain information if you don't ask everyone questions -rage-

6. Do you support the Lynch all Lurkers argument? Why or why not?
I do not
support
it per se. However, I do find lurking scummy. If they have enough information on them to make them look like scum, well, the lurking just makes it even worse. However, i don't think people should be lynched if the only thing they do is lurk.

Meta is fine as long as isn't too relied upon. Meta could help in catching scum however, like lurking, it should not be used if thats the only thing you have against a person.

8. Would you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town?
I have never been scum on this site before so I can't link you a game on that (check yourself if you want). But I can link you to a game I was town (This is the most recent so probably the most accurate but I may have changed a little) http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12789
In this game I was playing as Jaime Marcelle.

9. What confused you on the first page?
Pretty much the general layout of the thing and the confusion of weather I was supposed to ask trivia or general questions.

10. Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia.
I don't think I can do a very good job of describing how I play on this site but if you want you can see for yourself -points up-. As for what value I find the most important, i am not sure what you mean by that.

11. Can you give me two good reasons we shouldn't just lynch you on the first round of voting?
Not really. But likewise, I can't think of any good reasons why you should lynch me too

12. If you were only allowed to ask one question during the first question stage, who would you have asked a question and what would it have been?
Truthfully, I have no idea. In fact, I just thought of 12 random questions and randomised them to give them to random people. So I guess I would have picked a random person and asked them a random question :P
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Vote: The Inquisition
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Question to the mod to avoid future confusion- In the question stage, are we allowed to change a question? For example, I ask a question and someone else asks it or I decide it's a bad question and would like to ask something else instead. Are we allowed to do that?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

@bv310- Why did you only ask one person a question? If it was a misunderstanding of the rules, why did you not catch on? If you just were'nt here, why weren't you here?
@Colbalt- Why choose to ask a question like "Are you town" instead of asking a question that actually reveals something?
@CMAR- Why would you think that we couldn't unvote for the whole day? What would be the point of that especially considering we have multiple voting stages?
@DDD- Assuming you're reasoning for voting bv is for asking only one person a question (As that seems the most likely), do you see the likelyhood that it was just a misunderstanding or him not being here? If so, why still vote him?
@DoS- Why ask everybody one question? Why not ask everybody a differant question?
@Elli- What do you hope to gain from abstaining? Are you planning on doing it again this voting stage?
@farside- Can you give us a quick summery of what you think of all the players int his game so far?
@kirby- Being the person that was the first to vote The Inquisition, Were you surprised to see a bandwagon quickly form and get to L1? What were your thoughts on it?
@Neto- Same question as farside
@Sanhora- Same question as farside and Neto
@The Inquisition- What is your opinion on the bandwagon on you? Do you think any scum were on it and how many?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

bv310
Have fun with that. You really nedd to ask questions though.
Why did you qualify your answer to my question by saying "As far as you know" instead of a simple yes?
Half-assed attempt at humor. I don't see how this matters anyway.
Have you ever played with Cobalt before, how did he act, and did something happen that would make him vote for you?
I never played with him before.
Why do you assume that I would base my vote on such a stupid reason? Are you implying that I am stupid? Why or why not?
I assume this because this seems to be the only reason (at least to me anyway) that a person would want to vote for him. I am not implying that you are stupid because I have not seen enough from you yet to make that decision :P
Do you believe someone should be thought town until proven scum? If so, why? If not, why?
I do not think this because there is no way to prove scum unless under extreme conditions. If everyone thought this way we would have very rare lynches, definately not enough to win.
Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
Yes, I DO expect a full answer. If you deny to give us answers the town may lose a valuble piece of information. generally, the only reason you shouldn't answer a question is if it would cause you to claim. Also, while our questions were similar, i asked something somewhat differant. I asked what you would hope to gain from refusing to answer and if you were planning on doing it again.
What type of information do you think a trivia question will get you for hunting for scum?
I answered this last asnwer stage... As a reveiw it was mainly general confusion and flavor text that threw me off. I had no idea how it would help us though.
What was the purpose of your question to Cobalt in QS1? Was it to make sure it wasn’t you?
I don't understand the question. I don't see what is wrong with my question. if people don't know who others think are scum, we won't get anywhere (granted I could have just waited for the voting stage but... scum could have done it too)
Why did you vote for The Inquisition? Did you feel that he was scummy enough to merit a bandwagon? Why?
I voted The Inquisition because I disliked some of the questions he asked in QS1. Two of them even blatently rolefished (the pick up line one and the fruit one). I don't think it was scummy enough to merit that large of a bandwagon though (2 or 3 sure. maybe even 4 but to put him at L-1 this early? No)
During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
The only person whose actions I felt werescummy enough to look at closely were the Inquisitions which you can see above.
You placed the second vote on me. Did you expect to see L-1 on me when you made that vote, and given that we have had precisely one round of voting, do you think this apparent early bandwagon is well founded or do you think it's a convenient vehicle for those who are lazy and/or scum to hide out in?
I did not expect to see L-1 on you that early. as said above I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 more people vote you but to put you at L-1 was a bit much. The early bandwagon was not well formed as it is too early to get any absolutely solid reads on you yet and I think it was very easy for scum to hide on you.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Vote: DragonsOfSummer
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

@Oman- What was the reason for your vote on Elli?
@Colbalt- What would make you think there would be a mechanic that would harm scum if they lied? Wouldn't that hurt the scum too much (especially if we had people like you :P). What would you think would happen if the mod didn't know they were lying? Wouldn't they HAVE to bus if asked "Who do you think is scum?"
@CMAR- Is there any specific reason you think The Inquisition meant to say "What role would it be" Instead of "What fruit would it be"? To me it just looks like a simple mistake, why do you think otherwise?
@DDD- Why do you think CMAR is so scummy?
@DoS- Do you beleive Elli's statement that the reason for his abstaining was because of his role?
@Elli- Why did your role cause you to abstain on the first voting stage, not any of the rest, and before we even had a night phase? (Note: If this would cause you to claim or give too much useful info about your role please don't answer)
@Farside- Do you beleive The Inquisitions claim?
@Kirby- What did you think of DDD's question? Why point the blame at The Inquisitions for his and then ignore DDDs rolefishing question?
@Neto- Why do you find the Inquisition bandwagon to be so scummy?
@Sanhora- You failed to answer your questions last stage. Any particular reason for this?
@The Inquisition- Why ask others who you think you should kill instead of making your own decisions?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

I think your list should be as follows:

1. DragonsofSummer- I disliked her putting you at L1 on the first voting stage.
2. Sanhora - Waiting until the second voting stage isn't much better.
3. DDD - For asking questions that rolefish.

For the rest of the list I don't really know. Those are pretty much the people that I think might be scum 9other then you of course).

Why aren't you helping me lynch CryMeARiver?

I don't help you lynch CryMeARiver because I see no reason to lynch CryMeARiver.

Why did you switch your vote from TI to DOS?

Even though TI was my #1 suspect, I didn't want to see a repeat of yesterday so I voted my #2 suspect: DOS. As you can see it didn't work out that well :P

You didn't even mention DoS as a scumspect in your answers, why place the 2nd vote on him?

See above.

who are your top three scum reads?

See my answer to the first question but put The Inquisition at the top.

What is your opinion on The Inquisitor

The scummiest person. On day one he asked horrible questions, two of them rolefished.

Who do you feel has committed the largest scum tell so far today (other than Inquisition), and what was it?

You for putting The Inquisition at L1 so early in the game.

Anyway, sorry i had to give short answers today but I'm in a bit of a hurry and besides, thats pretty much the important stuff.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

I just have to say:

EPIC WIN

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”