Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Elscouta »

Okay. This was an interesting day 1... to say the least.

My thoughts :

- The1ffy : As confirmed scum as someone could be. Today lynch.

- The Command point drain is the worst idea i have ever heard. Seriously? You really think the mod didn't think about it? That we could just get free cop investigations like that? Didn't it occur to your mind that there might be roles altering how CP are distributed and that the scum might have some that would drain / change the number of CP town has? (and i have role-related reasons to believe they might have - please don't rolefish, i don't want to say more on this for now)

If the town really wants me to burn, i'll do so, but I have a very bad feeling about this, and on those behind this "plan".

- Are Daykilling SK usual on this site? Almaster kill made me think exactly of one, but it might be becomes i come from a different meta where mods love this kind of thing. I doubt he is mafia though, as two kills/day for one side is clearly overpowered for a mini.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Fate wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Wow, McGriddle is scum.
With bv130 and all the other rebels...

Vote: Keep deadline

New guy, hurry up and burn and complain later if you're confirmed town.
Could you explain me why we have any reason of believing the plan will yield confirmed town | scum? I still fail to see it.

Now, i don't really have a problem with burning, because i feel that scum will want to use the plan to create "confirmed town" scum instead of "confirmed scum" town (and it's a lot more likely that scum have CP-drain ability than scum have CP-generating-for-town ability). Yet, the way that some are pushing this plan as a break-open-the-setup is quite suspicious.
and some think they have found a loophole in the setup. -Red Coyote.

/outguessthemod
New guy, hurry up
Cool down. We have four days. I'm in this game for three hours, there's no point rushing anything.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Elscouta »

What part of self-hammer and break town's strategy did you miss? -_-
Are you replying to me?
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Have you somehow been elected town leader? Where did I miss the fact that what you say reflect the town will?

I'll burn tomorrow evening if the town (and not you, who i believe to be scum pushing for a buggy plan) wishes me to do so.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Are you afraid that some people might change their mind and screw your beautiful crafted plan? I mean,
especially as I claimed that CP manipulation actually exists
?

Anyway, as I said, i'm not really afraid of scum generating false positives by adding CPs to the town pool. I'm a lot more afraid of false negatives (confirming one of their members by draining CPs) that would occur when you "investigate" a scum. (And i will remind you that all it takes for scum to win is one confirmed town member).

But even if I believe this, and thus am ready to burn, I prefer letting a few more people give their thought on this issue. I'll add that this might help me to make a decision on whether i use some ability. So, cool down, and wait tomorrow evening. This is not as if I'll disappear in a puff of smoke, or will be able to backtrack and refuse burning. k?
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Elscouta »

Ok, I took time to reread everything and think it calmly. Here are my conclusions :

* The setup was reviewed by SpyreX. I checked his modding history, and he seems like a very competent mod. I don't believe he would have created a game where multiple investigations could be done like this.
* TheIffy attempt to self-hammer doesn't invalidate this. He might have simply wanted to shorten day discussion, he might have been simply frustrated, he might even have not realized that the plan would not work, and so on... He might also have been bussed, given how fast the vote piled on him.
* Me burning won't cost us anything
today or tonight
, as we have plenty of CPs. Hence I'll do it. The scum plan could have been to make one of their member "confirmed town", but I hope I made everyone realize that there is no way you should consider someone confirmed through this plan
(especially among people that pushed the plan in the first place!)
. Scum might change their plan to engineer a mislynch now, but this is far less damaging as a misconfirmation.

So:
Vote: TheIffy
Unvote
Unvote
Unvote
Unvote
Unvote
Unvote
Unvote

Here you go. Feel free to hammer.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Elscouta »

EBWOP: Heh, simupost with both the mod and Icerint \o/
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Elscouta »

Can someone explain me why TheIffy is still alive? Who is supposed to hammer him?
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Elscouta »

I understood that some people wanted each person to have voted exactly once. From my count, only fhqwhgads didn't. I guess we are waiting for him....
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Elscouta »

Hiya everyone. Back from my vacation.

Quick thoughts (more content tomorrow, when I have more time):

- No real point in avoiding small burns (around 4~5 CPs). The scum have probably only a pool of 6 CPs left (assuming a team of 3 with one dead commander), so this level of burn might lead to suck their pool out. Of course, any result obtained with CPs has to be taken with some precaution (for reasons already stated), but i don't see a reason to completely avoid burning.
- I'm still suspicious for the people that pushed the plan without second guessing it (pops & fate)
- AlmasterGM "gambit" was probably a town one. A SK with a one-shot daykill with some relevant night-ability doesn't look completely impossible though. I don't believe he can be mafia.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Elscouta »

Yeah, yeah, just lynch me and let me care about a game where both sides have actually a chance of winning.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Elscouta »

I want to apologize to RedCoyote and the other players (whether town or scum) for my last post. I usually try to fight to the end, but I got really frustrated by pops claim.

I will reserve comments about my view of the setup for the endgame. I will just say that day 1 could have went better for the scum, independently of the setup.

---

As I don't see the point of saying more except to induce WIFOM by claiming pops is actually my scumbuddy bussing me, I'll probably not post again.

So sorry pops-buddy.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Elscouta »

Cobalt wrote:bv, plx burn kthnx
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Town has decided popsofctown gets lynched.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Elscouta »

bv310 wrote:When did that happen? I thought we were lynching you based on Pops' claim.
Nah. It has been decided it was better to lynch him first, so that we can confirm he is actually the town commander.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Elscouta »

*yawn*

No, i'm still alive. Try again.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Elscouta »

Oh actually it can't hurt to generate a bit noise in your high-tek scum detector.

Unvote
(if I was voting)
Vote: Elscouta
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Elscouta »

GG Cobalt.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Post by Elscouta »

You are so correct... I think the other scums won't mind if I post the quicktopic link...

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/TgL4Q3R3XVsW
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Elscouta »

@Fate: Because that supposed that I claimed before the other commander. I was away, so I couldn't claim immediately. When I came back, with no commander claim, I got some hope that there might be no commander, and that I could just do as if nothing happened. Once pops claimed, it was too late.

@bv: You should have definitely claimed and revealed your future target on day2. If you targetted scum, you'd have given the win to the town, if you targetted town, you'd have had enough confirmed town to cruise to victory.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Elscouta »

RedCoyote wrote:When
Elscouta
replaced Cruciare, he did so with a lot of enthusiasm. I had thought that he would bring this to the game a little more than he did. I was very excited when he started planning out a strategy for talking his way out of a lynch, and I even PM'd Spyrex at one point saying that, at the very least, it would cause the town to hesitate from a "sure thing" lynch. When Elscouta went on V/LA, I got a bad feeling. When he essentially gave up without giving it a try, I was heartbroken again. In a way I can't blame him, I know it would've been tough on anyone to replace into that situation. I do wish, however, he would've came to me before throwing in the towel.
My V/LA wasn't a strategic move or a give-up thing. I really had an unexpected V/LA. Things might have played differently if I could fakeclaim from the day start. I only threw the towel because there was nothing I could do to avoid a lynch, and doing so could only help the town by creating discussion. It's a bit sad to say this, but throwing the towel was probably the optimal play for me.

The setup was insanely for the town. Two town commanders? Even in my worst dreams I didn't though of such a thing. Town didn't do it, but as I said in the QT, the best strategy for the town was : N1 determine the number of points of town. N2 perform a triple/quadruple investigation by making people burn (1,) 2, 4 and 8 CPs and ask all town power roles to perform no action. This would have just meant an instant win for the town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”