Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

bv310
– Do you have the same alignment as me?
Cobalt
– Do you expect to learn anything at all from your question?
CryMeARiver
– Do you have the same alignment as DragonsofSummer?
Doombunny9
– What possible benefit do you think the town would derive from just asking and answering trivia questions?
DragonsofSummer
– Do you have the same alignment as CryMeARiver?
Ellibereth
– Why do you say you’d stop talking until the mod answered, but then you posted anyways before the mod answered anything?
farside22
– What benefit do expect to accrue from people supplying meta reads of themselves in a game that that appears to be extremely different from convention?
Kirbyoshi
– Why the timidity in asking a question? Do you really expect the mod to go all punishment crazy if you ask a question without a verifiable answer?
Netopalis
- What benefit do expect to accrue from people talking about their usual playstyle in a game that that appears to be extremely different from convention?
Sanhora
– Even I’m getting my questions in before you, what’s taking so long?
The Inquisition
– Do you have the same alignment as bv310?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:10 pm

1. No question from bv -
bv can fuck off and die then

2. Are you town?
Yes.

3. Disregarding the rule, do you think that if town doesn't come up with a decision by the deadline, should the majority vote die, or no one die? Why?
I do not like minority lynches, if the town can't come to a consensus then it's the town's fault they don't get a lynch. We should not need to be rescued by the mod.

4. No question from self -
self can fuck and off die as well

5. Do you, like me, feel a strong urge to answer some of the questions even though we're not supposed to? -
Yes.

6. Do you support the Lynch all Lurkers argument? Why or why not?
Not as a firm policy, you should lynch liars when you think they're scum, you should let them live when they're town. In this game it might be a more solid policy since we're limited in our scumhunting.

7. How important do you find meta? -
Important enough that I internally use it when playing with players I've played with before, but not important enough to go read other games just to get a meta read on players.

8. Would you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town? -
My playstyle is too fluid to have a single game define it well and I don't think I have a current scum meta anyways since I'm on a many game town streak.

9. Is your change of avatar a sign that you will lurk this game? -
My change of avatar is nothing game related and it strikes me as near impossible to lurk in this style game.

10. Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia. -
My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!

11. What's your strategy for winning this game? -
Act like enough of a jerk that scum think I'm a town liability and don't kill me for a couple nights while I identify and help lynch the scum.

12. Do you have the same allignment as The Inquisition? -
Probably, the odds suggest it's likely
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:04 am

Vote: bv310
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:21 pm

bv310
– How much do you like the phrase “WIFOM”?
Cobalt
– Why no question for me, jerk?
CryMeARiver
When you answered my question about whether or not DragonsofSummer was the same alignment as you, you said it depended on whether he was “scum or not” and NOT “town or not”, don’t people naturally include an attribute describing themselves in that sort of statement?

Doombunny9
– Why do you assume that I would base my vote on such a stupid reason? Are you implying that I am stupid? Why or why not?
DragonsofSummer
– I completely mis-answered your question, usually I would expect that to draw a vote or some attention, why did you chose to wagon The Inquisition instead?
Ellibereth
– What’s the logic behind abstaining with your first vote?
farside22
– Why did you vote for The Inquisition?
Kirbyoshi
– If you had to describe your role as a type of apple, what apple would your role be and why?
Netopalis
– You suggest that my vote (and CryMeARiver) had some logic to it. Are you suggesting that the others votes were therefore not logical? Please explan.
Sanhora
– We have a player named Sanhora in this game?
The Inquisition
– You picked up six votes in that first go around. What is your reaction to this large bandwagon?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:25 pm

1. bv310
2. No Q from Cobalt
3. What is your opinion on TheInquisition bandwagon and why did you answer that "the odds are likely" that you and him are the same alignment (especially since people know seem to think he's scum)?
I answered that the odds are likely that TheInquisition and I have the same alignment, because it's true. Basic probability suggests this to be fact. As for the wagon, I was unimpressed by it and I failed to see the reason for it other than the fact that TI asked potentially rolefishing type questions, which seem to suggest me more intellectual weakness that scuminess.

4. No Q from Self
5. Assuming you're reasoning for voting bv is for asking only one person a question (As that seems the most likely), do you see the likelyhood that it was just a misunderstanding or him not being here? If so, why still vote him?
Well given that he failed to ask any questions again I look pretty damn smart right now, don't I?

6. Since you know you misanswered my question why did you choose to do so, and why would you knowingly lie?
I didn't knowingly lie, I read the question wrong and answered what I thought was your question. Only later did I notice my answer did not respond to the actual question, it seemed to violate the spirit of the game in this case to try and issue an edit to it after the fact.

7. What reads do you have so far if any?
CryMeARiver is scum and I will be voting him in the next phase and I encourage everyone else to do so.

8. Why did you vote for Bv310?
The logic was I had no interest in voting for TheInquisition and my vote was punitive for bv's failures.

9. Why did you refuse to at least link to one of your town games?
Because, as I said guy who didn't read my answer, no one game defines how I play as town. I also objected to the idea that meta would be terribly useful in a game formatted so differently.

10. Why did you vote for BV? It seems like there was probably some logic there. What was it?
The logic was I had no interest in voting for TheInquisition and my vote was punitive for bv's failures.

11. During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
CryMeARiver

12. Have Ellibereth's current actions been consistent with town play?
No, nor have they been consistent with scum play. Anti-town is not synonymous with scummy
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 am

Vote: CryMeARiver
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:18 am

@CryMeARiver: Who do you have town reads on?
@Ellibereth: If you could say one thing to convince everyone else to lynch CryMeARiver, what would you say?
@Everyone Else: Why aren't you helping me lynch CryMeARiver?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:18 am

V/LA through Sunday
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:45 am

The Inquisition: Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

* CryMeARiver, Netopolis, Doombunny9, Sanhora, farside22, Oman, DragonsofSummer, Kirbyoshi, Cobalt, Elibereth, DDD

farside22: Why did you change from voting bv310 to saying CMAR is scum in the span on one voting phase?

* Because my vote on bv was a first vote more for punitive reasons then scuminess. Since then the evidence suggests to me that CMAR is scum and I feel no obligation to maintain a vote if I believe there to be a better choice.

Doombunny9: Why do you think CMAR is so scummy?

* Read my second question and Ellibereth’s third question, CMAR keeps making slips that suggest that he’s scum. Add to that the fact that he rides my easy vote of bv310 in the first stage and then jumps the largest wagon in his next vote and he’s scum.

Netopalis: To all players: Since we probably shouldn't lynch Inquisition, who would your second pick be and why?

* CryMeARiver, what a waste of a question

Sanhora: Any reason why you copied TheInquisition's questions of Stage 1 for one of your questions during Stage 2?

* TI asked about generic fruit I asked about apples; I also thought I was being more original than I was.

CryMeARiver: What's with this question to Kirbyoshi last round: If you had to describe your role as a type of apple, what apple would your role be and why? Do you think rolefishing is protown?

* Do you really think getting someone to link their role to a type of apple would actually give any sort of role information?

Ellibereth: Do you think Cryscum got nervous and outed his scumbuddy? If so, any ideas for the last member of the triad?

* I think that’s certainly plausible and earned Net the number two spot on my list for TI. Doombunny is my favorite for scum number three, though if it was Sanhora I wouldn’t be shocked.

Cobalt: who are your top three scum reads?

* What a waste of a question. CMAR, Net, Doombunny.

Oman: What do you feel the players require to lynch scum today?

* To listen to me (and Elibereth) instead of getting all caught up with some weaksauce arguments about rolefishing.

DragonsofSummer: Who do you feel has committed the largest scum tell so far today (other than Inquisition), and what was it?

* What a waste of a question. CryMeARiver and see the twenty other places where I’ve mentioned it.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 am

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:59 am

Oman: Real freaking lame on mising that last stage, homie. Can you please claim?
Kirbyoshi : Can you please claim as well?
CryMeARiver: Alright, we're in a deep south game with a now dead cop driving ridiculously hard to lynch you; my question is how fast should we lynch you?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 am

DDD: Why are you calling for Oman and I to claim, but not CMAR?

I wanted him to answer questions before I did, but it seems like this game is falling apart so I’ll go ahead and answer. I didn’t want to plant any ideas in his head that a claim might save him, I wanted him to do what he thought best without prompting to get the most accurate read possible.

DDD: Why have you been tunneling me just about the entire game?

Because you’re scum; even worse scum making mistakes

Who is the player that is most confirmed town in your mind without actually being confirmed and what is reason that you feel they are? If any player is actually confirmed, provide that info, followed by who of the remaining players you feel is most confirmed. I'll accept my role as an answer, but only if I'm not actually already confirmed yet.

Kirbyoshi by process of elimination; we had a cop in a deep south nightless game pushing hard for CMAR’s death which suggests a guilty result to me. The Inquisition’s kill sequence stopped with you so you’re the other interesting individual which leaves Kirbyoshi as the most confirmed individual.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:36 am

I'm not really sure if this setup was unbalanced like Max suggests it was or if it was really just super-swingy which really makes it impossible to tell if it's well-balanced or not.

I think the modding needed to be a bit more active than it was, if you're going to run a game like this with very tight phases you need to be around to be indicating that the phases of the game are shifting and towards the end it feels almost like the players took over and simply advanced things when we got bored enough.

I thought the game was reasonably fun and The Inquisition's kill sequence was quite epic, but I'm not sure if I'd be interested in repeating the experience.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”