Mini 199 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:16 am

Post by N_lich »

checking in and hi to changling bob.

Personally I assume that stoofer voted randomly or pseudo-randomly. If he wants to he can clear it up in his next post. In the meantime
Vote:Fishbulb
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:06 am

Post by N_lich »

Changling bob wrote:
Unvote: n_lich

Now everyone but fishbulb has posted, but he's got two votes on him, and its the weekend, so I'm not willing to put another vote on him yet.
why?
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by N_lich »

Absolutely, I'd only just posted myself, but why in that case bother bringing it up at all (also given the special lynch rules it may be rather less relevent). I just wanted to see his reaction.

BTW, what is your take on Stoofer's vote (since that seems to be the main topic of conversation so far)

unvote fishbulb
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:34 am

Post by N_lich »

Someone wrote:
However, in this game, plain townees are not just expendable, it is actually an advantage to the town to have them lynched. This is because they get confirmed on death.
Unlike normal games, where they show up as mafia[/sarcasm]

What I assume you mean is that it is a even lesser evil than lynching power roles than usual.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:44 am

Post by N_lich »

Fishbulb wrote:
Someone wrote:As for who's scum, I've got no clue. I think gapsode, mole, bob and speedy are decently innocent (watch them all turn out to be scum :wink:). If I was to take a wild guess as to scum, I'd say Sinister Overlord, or maybe fishbulb...but those are just wild guesses.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Wow, you already have four people on an innocent list? I only have one so far, and that one's me!
I'm with fishbulb on this one. I assume the decently means that you havn't felt anything scummy about those people yet rather than have any actual evidence in their favour.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:45 am

Post by N_lich »

bah, sarnath'd [/obscure reference]
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:39 am

Post by N_lich »

fishbulb wrote:To make any sort of accusations would just lead to a bandwagon, which will have to go all the way to a lynch. To bandwagon for a claim, especially in this game, would be useless. So, I don't want to tip my hand unless I think they are today's best choice for a lynch.
I agree with what speedy says below. Besides, clearly at this point you think that you have identified a reasonable lynch:
fishbulb wrote:Actually, the one isn't so much of a gut feeling anymore...

SpeedyKQ wrote:The game is best played by presenting suspcions and discussing them. We'd get nowhere if we all sat around saying "I know something you don't know". I think you're too much worred about the scum tells going away once the person gets called out. There is value in seeing how people react under pressure, too.

Accusations will only lead to a bandwagon if enough of us agree with them, and if you're ideas are good, I don't know why that would be a bad thing.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:52 am

Post by N_lich »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Someone wrote:at the time Quagmire thought that non-townee meant anti-town
How do you know?
Because the whole of quagmire's post is:
Quagmire wrote:My guess on Emptyger's death is that Emp is the SK, and the mafia killed him, but yet EmpTyger went forward in time to kill someone.

That's assuming that "non-townie" means someone who's not playing for the town instead of someone who's not a vanilla townie. mathcam, could you please clarify that for me?
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:44 am

Post by N_lich »

Some Analysis:

SinisterOverlord: lurks, then upon being voted comes out firing (possible overreaction). I also agree with moles post 112 and fishbulb in 116.

Someone: Set alarm bells off with "lynching townies is good" post. However, this was retracted swiftly and I think it was more stupid than scummy (not to say that it wasn't scummy however). I also found post 69 suspiscous at first (premature recognition of people as townies is often a tell), but I think this is due to the strnge use of "decently innocent". If he had said " gapsode, mole, bob and speedy have'nt done anything scummy so far in my view", which is what he appears to have meant, then this is a perfectly reasonable statement.

Quagmire; 4 posts, 2 of which concern questions that were already answered. Please contribut more.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:06 am

Post by N_lich »

This is a heads-up that I will be away until at least Sunday evening.
I look forward to hearing Quagmire's views.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:41 am

Post by N_lich »

Quagmire wrote:So, those are my thoughts for now. More to come as I read upcoming posts (especially Someone and SinisterOverlord).
[quote="SinisterOverlord]Sorry. Many shifts at work. Just got in, it's past 1 in the morning and I'm too tired to post a decent post. I'll be back for a proper post in about 10-12ish hours. [/quote]

I see promising but I don't see delivery.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:37 am

Post by N_lich »

Nox wrote:
(See for example my dust up with Nox. There is no way I would have got drawn into that if I was scum and I knew she was innocent.)

Whoa whoa whoa.
Wait a minute.
Is it just me or did he just
confirm
me innocent?

We know for a fact that there is a possibility of several mafia families, or several killers, right?

So if you were scum, it didn't necessarily mean I was innocent, and even if I was, I was on your case; you wouldve defended yourself all the same.

This leads me to think that you do, in fact, know that I'm innocent.
And who knows this other than the mafia?
I highly doubt that a cop had a chance to investigate yet.

I think it's just you. However, his post definitely suffers from WIFOM.

As long as SO keeps posting Someone as top of my scum list( at the moment). I'd still like to hear more from Quagmire as well.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:32 am

Post by N_lich »

Someone wrote: Firstly, I assume that we have at least two killing groups, because if not, all dead people would be confirmed innocent since scum wouldn't kill themselves.

Not necessarily.

A) We want to keep the very important roles off of the 3, so that scum can't go back and "lynch" them by killing N1. I'm mostly talking about townees, but other important roles apply somewhat here as well.

B) I'm not one of the roles detailed in A, so I can comfortably take the 3 spot.

C) The town obviously thinks I'm scummy to a certain degree, so it's not like I just volunteered out of the blue to be there.

Again, the deadline is pressing, so I'll
vote:Mr.Stoofer
1. Good point, but it dosn't make 2 groups a given at all. The fact that multiple killers is a possibility combined with time travel somewhat negates this. Furthermore, there are these things called lynches.

2. Is this a claim or not?
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:08 pm

Post by N_lich »

mole wrote:The most likely explanation I can come up with for Quag's death was that they picked him to deny us information and leave us blind for another day. And then they got lucky and he turned out to be non-townie.

I don't think the "revive Stoofer" theory is true--killing three people on Night 1 just because of the way they voted seems like a waste of time fuel, and it's too easy for the town to prevent.
Yep, this was pretty close to my thoughts.
fishbulb wrote:I'm not sure what to make on Quagmire's death, either.

As for suspicions, well, I stand by my comments on Changling bob. Unfortunately, we don't know if we were right on Mr Stoofer or not, but either way I still think it is odd for someone to come to another player's defense four times, yet not help anyone else. There's definitely a connection between the two players, or at least from Changling bob's side (Mr Stoofer seemed to ignore the whole thing).
*shrug*

Looking back at bob's posts I can't say that this really jumps out at me(I also only come up with 3 occasions). Having said that, you still do have a point. What I did find more interesting is the argument he had with Stoofer re:Mathcam's previous time travel game. I didn't think it rang particularly true.

Therefore
FOS: Changling_bob

P.S @Somone: Do you still feel justified in assuming the presence of multiple killing groups?
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:24 am

Post by N_lich »

Gaspode wrote:
I think SO's latest post reeks of CrapLogic and scumminess. I don't have time to explain now (dinnertime), but I will in my next post if anyone wants me to.
Absolutely, especially since SO seems to be the guy in the spotlight at the moment.

Q: How confident are people about yesterdays lynch?

P.S. Talk to us bob
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:19 am

Post by N_lich »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Deadline in about 15 hours, kids. As the vote leader I think SinisterOverlord should claim, and we should start lining up some votes. A 2 to 0 final vote count would be pretty shaky.

We should also start begging mathcam for an extension.
No complaints here.

Also, I'd like to hear more from/people's thoughts on Someone. I know this day has been very quiet, but Someone was:

1. fairly prolific day 1 but has lurked today, especially for a person who:
Someone wrote:Now, for me, that's no problem since I log in almost every day.
2. Did draw quite a bit of heat Day 1 (albeit this is arguably mitigated by Stoofer and SO contributing in this respect).
3. Has already "semi-claimed". Is it worth hearing the rest?
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:34 am

Post by N_lich »

[quote="Changling bob"]
Firstly, as your role is spelled (most probably correctly) in your role PM, it shouldn't be easy to misspell it, unless you're making it up.
Secondly, this may be confirmable. If mole does have a time travelling role, he shouldn't have lost any time fuel, as he ended up not time travelling. This of course could be wrong, depending on specifics. It could also be falsifiable
if
both are scum.
Thirdly, I'm slightly wary of the role. It could set up some paradoxical situations (eg. roleblocker targets you night one tonight, you target them tonight tonight, what happens). It also seems it could be very powerful if it is a time travelling role, although you didn't claim that it was (just speculating a little here).
[quote]

1. Good point
2. Perhaps, but the time fuel might be lost anyway. There is still a possibility of confirmation
3. Don't see how it can causes a paradox unless it can time travel itself. Even if it does, I really can't see how it is very powerful in a game with regenerating docs.

The role is a fairly believable one, even if it does fall into the category I would tend to view with the most suspiscion (weakish non-generic townie role). This is because of scum avoiding claiming generic for deathscene reasons and an extra v.strong role could stick-out as the set-up became more known.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”