Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Vaya »

Goofball, I really do lurk sometimes like this as town as well. Its really not the clear-cut scumtell on me you seem to think it is. For an example of a completed game where I've lurked heavily as town, there's Commie Mafia. Aside from a pretty much worthless argument I had with another player early on, I was very lurky, to the point that I was prodded repeatedly and then forced replaced. Lurking isn't really a reliable tell for me, sometimes I just don't feel like posting. And really, you and DoS point out that I've been posting elsewhere on the site, but I've really only made two posts since this game started, so its not exactly like I've been active across the site.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Vaya »

I don't think it matters that I started out posting early there, my point is that I do simply not post much in games sometimes, and its really not as telling as you think.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Vaya »

ortolan wrote:I don't actually mind the Vaya wagon that much anymore, the response to DGB is too apologetic and doesn't consider whether DGB might be scum in reasoning with her.
Iecerint wrote:I had the same thought as O when I read Vaya's response (i.e. not enough thinking critically about DGB's alignment)
I fail to see the problem you two have, nothing about DGB's attacks strike me as scummy, do you disagree?

If anything, though I'd prefer not to go into it too much since the game is still ongoing, Goofball's beliefs about my meta seem consistent with what she was saying about me in another game, so I could see Goofball pushing this as town.
curiouskarmadog wrote:Vaya, wait a minute...you were lurking on purpose?

unvote
Well, I won't lie and say I've been too busy to post, I simply didn't feel like playing mafia much these last few days, so I hadn't posted here. You can't make that out to be an alignment tell though, I haven't posted in any of my games but one since this started, so it has nothing to do with my alignment here.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, it's not AS telling AS I THINK.

SO. It is telling. Only not as telling as I think.

More votes please.
Sure, if you want to read too much into my wording. I was really more saying that in response to your idea that there's a 0% chance I could be town here because of my lurking, which is completely wrong.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Vaya »

Its kinda off topic, but about that other game, you're simply wrong about my post Iec. A player was basically caught lying, so my post and hammer were completely reasonable, which is why no one had a problem with it. Its easy to look at a post when you already know it was written by scum and say "look how scummy it is!"

But anyway, I had a post almost completely typed up where I gave my thoughts on all the players, but I lost it, so I'm just going to post the scumlist from it without any explanation right now. I'll get around to at least explaining my scum reads later though.

Town

Psychologic
MordyS

Townish

milkshake
Iecerint
DrippingGoofball
populartajo
DragonsofSummer

Scummy

jasonT1981
curiouskarmadog
ortolan
cateraction

Vote: cateraction

Psycho, not that its important but I'm curious. You said we've played together before, so would you like to say who's alt you are?
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Vaya »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I don't like the "I lost my big long post so I am only going to give you part of it now" statement either.
unvote, vote Vaya
Why not? Its the truth, and losing it was a bit frustrating honestly. I'll get explanations typed up later, or at least the scum reads portion.
curiouskarmadog wrote:Vaya, couple questions.

1.) Why am I on your scum list?

2.) Why is Psycho on your town list?

3.) Your thoughts on claiming names and movies day 1?

4.) Do you plan on stepping up your posting, why or why not?
1.) I'll explain a little later, I don't have much time here at the moment.

2.) What Goofball said about him, I really don't see scum bursting into the game like that, saying we should massclaim.

3.) I'd be in favor of it, I don't see how it could hurt. But I don't care about it so much that I'll waste time and energy trying to convince people who don't want it that its a good idea.

4.) Yes, I'll try to step up my posting.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Vaya »

Okay, explaination for my scum reads now, I'll start with jason.
jasonT1981 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Psychologic is town, actually.
Will get a full catch up tomorrow. Just home from a night out and it is 3AM But this I find to be a very bold statement. And I actually agree with MordyS suspicions

One thing I know... if DG was scum.. He would know Psych is town.

other scenario is masons as has been said I believe... but why would they out themselves so early in a game?

I could see this as potential buddying up though
This post was what got my attention at first. I don't see anything wrong with saying someone is town like that, it seems like a weird thing for a townie to sincerely be concerned about. His reaction to it felt odd and a bit artificial to me. This gave me a slight town read on him. In addition to that now though...

Unvote
Vote: jason

That last post of his was just awful. He does nothing but follow and agree with all the popular targets and doesn't seem to offer much of any original though.
jasonT1981 wrote: Ah, Vaya is back, about time...gives a town to scum list posting with a vote for cateraction claiming she 'lost' her post on everyone, sorry not buying that at all. You should be able to, from memory remember quite a bit of it, at least main bullet points against each person.
Of course I can remember what I said, I just didn't have time to type it out again. I said I'd explain it again anyway, I don't see how this could bother you.
jasonT1981 wrote: Nice questions by CDK which he asks for reasons why Vaya thinks he is scum... she replies with she cant as she dont have time.... so, lost notes... now cant post the case when asked? Not liking this one bit at all now.
Awful, just piling bad points on to the popular target. You have no reason to think I'm lying about losing my explanations, and I said I'd post my cases later, you never even gave me a chance to get around to it.
jasonT1981 wrote:cateraction can not understand the Vaya wagon? Distancing himself from it maybe?
jasonT1981 wrote:
unvote
vote: Vaya

Major FOS on Cat though, seems he wants to distance himself from a Vaya lynch.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that this guy's scum with cater either.

I'll get to explaining my other 3 scum reads soon(I have a feeling I'm wrong about CKD though, due to something I noticed that I don't think I should point out, I'll still explain why I thought he was scum), I just wanted to get this out first.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Vaya »

EBWOP:
Vaya wrote:This gave me a slight town read on him. In addition to that now though...
That should read, "slight scum read" of course.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Vaya »

Psychologic wrote:Vaya, your case on jasonT1981 is mainly based on his case made on you in post 227.
Your case reeks of OMGUS, and I feel you only targetted him due to his most recent post.

Unvote. Vote: Vaya.
How'd I guess that someone would try to write off my reasoning as OMGUS? I don't see why I can't point out how I find someone's jumping on the one wagon I know is on town scummy. Yes I targeted him mainly due to his most recent post, because it reeked to me of scumminess.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Vaya »

?

I honestly don't know what you're talking about Goofball.
Vaya wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Psychologic is town, actually.
Will get a full catch up tomorrow. Just home from a night out and it is 3AM But this I find to be a very bold statement. And I actually agree with MordyS suspicions

One thing I know... if DG was scum.. He would know Psych is town.

other scenario is masons as has been said I believe... but why would they out themselves so early in a game?

I could see this as potential buddying up though
This post was what got my attention at first. I don't see anything wrong with saying someone is town like that, it seems like a weird thing for a townie to sincerely be concerned about. His reaction to it felt odd and a bit artificial to me.
Jason was at the top of my scumlist, as in he was the least scummy of the people there. My original read was only a slight scum read based on one thing he said that bothered me, mentioned above.

But I really don't like his most recent post, which moves him further down my list.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Vaya »

I'd just like to remind everyone that I'm at L-1 right now, so nobody do anything stupid like quick-lynching me now.
DrippingGoofball wrote:And most of your case on jason occured AFTER his most recent post, and largely based on it. He was already among your 1/3 scummiest players.
That's because, as I've said repeatedly, my jason read was only a slight scum read before his last post. If I explained my read before that post, I wouldn't have had to much to say. That's why most of my read is based off of his post after my initial comment.

The one thing that bothers me about ortolan was his reaction to your case against me. I think its odd that after beating him as lurker-scum once, that he would laugh it off at first when someone points out that I'm behaving in a similar fashion here. He later gets on the wagon, but seems a bit reluctant. I'd think he'd be a bit more cautious of me if he didn't know whether or not I'm mafia. It feels like he could be scum who's cautious of getting on what he probably see's as an easy townie wagon.

As for cater, I just have a bad feeling about that guy. He's posted very little, and he's not even pretending to scumhunt, he's mostly just been screwing around, which doesn't sit right with me. In the last game I've played with him, a newbie game I replaced late into, he was talkative and obvtown IMO, so this change in playstyle bothers me.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Vaya »

viewtopic.php?t=11802

The is the game I was referring to. Actually, looking back though, a lot of his posts were still short one liners like they are here, so its not as big a change of playstyle as I remembered. Still, he was being a lot more helpful and townie-looking than he is here right now.
curiouskarmadog wrote:then I read Vaya's "case" against Jason, which had a ton of after the fact information...super scummy.
I really don't get why this bothers people. I like the way Iec explains it, he seems to understand where I'm coming from. Jason was basically a null read, slightly leaning scum based on one odd thing he did before. If I had put a neutral category in my list, he'd have been in it towards the bottom, and I wouldn't have had too much to say about him when I explained my read.

But I felt jason's last post was extremely scummy, in the way that he comes to the conclusion that everyone the town mostly doesn't have a problem with is town, and everyone the town doesn't like is scummy. Also, a lot of his reasoning for getting on my wagon was awful.
curiouskarmadog wrote:also vaya....still waiting on reasons my I am on your scum list....
Sorry, I'll explain why I thought that soon.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Vaya »

Iecerint wrote:Also, Vaya's response to being L-1'd here was the same as it was D1 in tajo's I Love You mafia, where he made a good case on SSK after being pressured.
Actually remember, that was in response to someone else being put at L-1 and about to be lynched when I didn't really agree with the lynch at the time. I did get a little heat though for speaking out against the wagon, so I could see why you'd remember it as me being wagoned and pressured.

Anyway though,

Unvote

because he's getting more votes and his lynch seems more probable than jason's right now. I still say they're both scum though.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Vaya »

milkshake wrote:
Deadline in 2 days?
Yeah, really? Wow.
You guys are unaware of the BaM ruleset this game uses? Some of the rules are unorthodox, like how there are quick days(just one week each day after Day 1), and there are no replacements. I happen to like this ruleset, its one of the big reasons I joined this game.

Who do you think is scum, cateraction?

If its not already clear, I'd be happy lynching either jason or cateraction right now. And since jason's getting more votes now...

Unvote
Vote: jasonT1981
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Vaya »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
this being said, looking at those votes...

vote Vaya
I've been doing with my vote exactly as I've been saying I've been doing with my vote, which is putting it on whichever one of jason or cater looks like the most likely lynch, because I think there both scum.

Unvote

jason's claim doesn't change anything about him in my eyes, though. A reviver role could just as easily be a scum role as it could be a town role.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Vaya »

Look at the vote-count again. I didn't hammer on purpose, cater was lynched at 6 votes for some reason.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Vaya »

First off, I have no claiming my role and action last night, it doesn't seem that useful anyway. I am Tom Cruise. Yesterday, I assumed my role in Mission:Impossible. I was told that, as a spy, I could investigate a player and would receive a cryptic video detailing the movies that person had to select from.

Much to my surprise, the mod meant that literally, and after investigating jason, I received a brief video that was difficult for me to figure out given that I had not seen any of the movies jason mentioned. I did, however, in an effort to figure it out, read the plot summary of the second movie he mentioned, and the second scene from the video seems to match up with it. Jason is most likely telling the truth about his claim. Also, I have a feeling I may have been wrong about jason being scum yesterday.

Vote: populartajo
, his latest posting just feels bad to me.

Actually, I'm pretty much in complete agreement with Goofball's scumlist and reads, now with milk in the town category.
DrippingGoofball wrote: =============
Hey guys! Al Pacino = The Godfather = cateraction = scum?
=============
Also, with cater probably being the godfather, jason's results are almost guaranteed to be correct.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Vaya »

jason, what are your thoughts on this plan?
DrippingGoofball wrote:My preference would be to investigate DoS or poptajo, and lynch the other one if there is an innocent result.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Vaya »

I'm still not sure about tajo, but meh, we can take care of him later if DoS isn't the last scum, which I'm starting to get the impression of from this "I'm a powerful town power role" deal. I'd think such a powerful pro-town role would be a little more hesitant to softclaim like this and make themselves a kill target for scum.

Unvote
Vote: DragonsofSummer
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Vaya »

I did give reason for switching my vote to you. I wouldn't expect a valuable town power role to go and softclaim like you did at the first sign of being a potential lynch. I would expect you to try to keep the value of your role secret, so you wouldn't' have to worry about scum killing or blocking you. You're reaction is more what I'd expect from a lone mafioso, trying to keep alive.

With only about two days until deadline, I think you should claim this power of yours, because right now I'm not buying it.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Vaya »

Now this is something, I was really expecting the game to be over by the end of night 2. I was really under the impression that everyone alive right now is town.

Goofball, I kinda want clarification at this point, if you don't mind. How did you
know
that ckd was town?
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Vaya »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Vaya wrote:Goofball, I kinda want clarification at this point, if you don't mind. How did you
know
that ckd was town?
Has he been confirmed town?
Sorry, maybe my wordings a bit off, I don't know he's town. You were acting like you knew that he was town though, like he was confirmed to you. Was that just a read, or did you have role related info that told you he was town? It seems like its pretty late in the game right now, so if its the latter, I don't see much harm in letting us know about it sometime.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Vaya »

Here's a thought, since it seems that we're nearing the end of the game here, how does everyone feel about a massclaim? I really don't know who scum would be amongst us right now(if I had to guess, I'd say milk), so it could help flush that person out.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Vaya »

I used a vig shot on tajo.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Vaya »

Vote: milkshake

I'm fine with this lynch, If anyone's scum here, I'm guessing its probably him. You can go ahead and hammer whenever ready Psycho.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Vaya »

Psychologic, do you win when all threats to town are eliminated?
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Vaya »

For those of you who are wondering what happened with Psycho, that was my role for today taking effect. I had the ability to force someone to answer a question, and if they didn't answer it honestly, they were immediately sent to jail. I asked my question in post 490, and Psycho ignored it, probably thinking that it would allow him to bypass the jailing punishment.

I actually though town was screwed once I realized Psycho was scum. He apparently didn't realize that he could have simply won by admitting he was scum and voting no lynch.

BTW, I loved this setup mod.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Vaya »

Sign me up as a pre-/in for your next game, please.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”