Mini 199 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:37 am

Post by Nox »

Whoa this is going to be confusing O.o

This is my first non-newbie game ^^;;

Well, Me not really knowing what all roles are, I'm a little lost. I'm going to go read it up I think.

For now, what I can see is that I like Someone's somewhat foolproof plan for the voting. Seems valid to me. Gaspode's reasoning about the posible SKis also nice, what he's proposing is quite plausible.

Mr.Stoofer's vote wasn't specified as random, which, like SinisterOverlord mentionned, could lead one to think that he has information we don't. Unless he just forgot to say it was a random vote, or he had information, I really don't see what could have possibly led him to think that Someone was scum, as Someone had not even posted yet at the time of his voting. Explanation?

Then, Gaspode's voting for SinisterOverlord was another vote, again unjustified. This time, we know for a fact that his vote wasn't random, because he mocks it in his post. Reasoning, please?
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Nox »

Gaspode: So your position, if my assumptions are correct, is against random voting? It was interesting to read the different point of views of people in that debate. Point taken. :) Now why do you suspect SinisterOverlord, if its not a random vote?

Quagmire: Yes I know he was not beeing serious. I still dont think his post was random, hence why I'm asking him why he suspects SinisterOverlord.

Someone: Done :P
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:18 am

Post by Nox »

True, True.
Opening a game with a debate on random voting would most-likely be as useless as opening a game with random voting. :P
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 pm

Post by Nox »

Brilliant reasoning.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:01 am

Post by Nox »

Fishbulb: Nope. There was no note of sarcasm in my remark :P
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:35 pm

Post by Nox »

Hmmm. He means that we know -for sure- that they are pro-town at death, as opposed to everyone else(I think) that show up simply as "non-townie".

Smart thinking.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:24 am

Post by Nox »

IMO, Someone's previous post was probably the result of incoherent thinking after a math exam. I think he is honest when he says his post wasn't thought out. His second post seems to have more logic, and while I would disagree with elaborating a strategy based on lynching pro-town, I do agree that they are who we would theoretically want killed by the mafia, for the simple reason that we are confirmed that they are innocent.

Now. Back to catching scum?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:29 am

Post by Nox »

(Whoa, this game is moving quite fast. Noone seems to be making accusations though :s )

Firstly, I stongly agree with this statement by SpeedyKQ:
SpeedyKQ wrote:The game is best played by presenting suspcions and discussing them. We'd get nowhere if we all sat around saying "I know something you don't know".
We should discuss what we think is scummy, along with what we think is not. By presenting our opinions in such manner, we will not only spurr discussion, but as Speedy said, we could potentially get good reactions from scum under pressure.

So fishbulb, I'd encourage you to spill. Unless you have a better argument as to you should not?

Well, for what I think seems scummy and seems innocent, I don't have much but my gut feeling and faint impressions. I'm having the impression that there seems to be something building on Someone's case, which in my opinion lacks cohenrent and substantial logic. So as opposed to finding Someone scummy, I think that the accusations driven towards him seem scummier. Mr.Stoofer's post was a little overboard; Someone discussed who he thought would have the best chance of beeing innocent/scummy, and directly specified it only had to do with gut feeling.

What's scummy about gut feeling? It's not as if he had set a bandwagon, or had thrown incoherent accusations towards anybody. He hasn't confirmed anyone's innocence either. Is Mr.Stoofer not beeing just a liiiiiittle eager here?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:52 am

Post by Nox »

Yes, Mr Stoofer. Your Post 75 was in fact overboard.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:46 am

Post by Nox »

Changling Bob: [75] was in fact, overboard. Why? Because the only reason why Stoofer says Someone seems scummy is because Someone was voicing a gut feeling. However, he specifies to be doing the exact same thing as he was accusing Someone for, in [89].

How could somebody be accusing somebody else of beeing scummy for voicing a gut feeling, and then do the same? It just does'nt make sense to me.

Vote: Mr.Stoofer

In my opinion, Mr.Stoofer seems to be slipping around. This is my vote for now.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Nox »

Hey, Stoofer?

Someone's statement was not a broad one, it was a gut feeling. He
clearly
indicated that in post 71.
Someone wrote:*note the word decently

(...just gut feelings)
So far I'm happy with my vote. Your reaction to it gave me the impression that you didn't really think through your post, yet you still supported it. CrapLogic.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:16 am

Post by Nox »

Exactly as Someone said.

Gut feeling = No necessary reason.

When you have reasons to suspect somebody, its not a gut feeling anymore, is it?

Anyways. let's not discuss the definition of gut feeling any longer.
Your reasons for voting me ?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by Nox »

That's sort of true, though it might of been just another slip. :| :?

It kinda seems as if he's eager to start a bandwagon on somebody, regardless of whether his accusations are supported or not.

THIS IS JUST AN IMPRESSION THAT I HAVE.
(For those for whom we have to specify :roll: )
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:57 pm

Post by Nox »

Yay! Reasoning!
*Waits*
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:24 pm

Post by Nox »

Whoa....
(Nox is getting more and more confused as its her first non-newbie game :o )

Well, from what I understand right now, people are mostly seeing Stoofer, SO and Someone as Scum( All S`s :shock: hehe).

Well, For my analysis up to date, I`m still tempted to lean towards the first two. Someone, in my opinion, seemed to have made too much of an effort as to bringing analysis and thought into the game to be scum. What Im trying to say is that scum usually try to lurk
under
the radar, and to blend in. Someone seemed to me as the one most trying to stick out and actually bring something to the game.

Now, I
still
don`t quite understand the 6/3 strategy, but as most people seemed to agree that it was a good plan, and you`re all more experienced than I, I`m going to assume its good. All I really got was the obvious; that the votes were to be separated into one main(6) and one secondary(3) bandwagon. If somebody could explain the concept to me a bit further though, I`d appreciate.

So If I take out Someone, I`m going to say that Stoofer and SO would be the scummiest, If I rely on my overall impression.

Stoofer IMO seemed a bit jumpy with his OMGUS vote without reasoning, and SO, a bit too overractive, for the reasons mentionned on previous posts. It`s a bit late, so I`ll post more about my reasoning tomorrow morning.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:06 am

Post by Nox »

For the second proper post :? .

Changling Bob: Thank you, that was really helpful. :)

Now, on with a little bit of further reasoning...

Well, I've always gotten the impression that eagerness to lynch was a scum-tell. While pro-town people usually linger in incertainty before lynching, Mafia already know who's their ennemies.

In my opinion, Changling Bob, mole, Someone and Speedy seem to me as the least scummy of the bunch.

I'm going to
FOS: SinisterOverlord
I'm not going to unvote Stoofer just yet. His only response was that he thought I honestly didnt understand his point. I haven't heard much from him, and he seems to be popping in and out of nowheres. Seems to me like he's been lurking 'round.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:25 pm

Post by Nox »

Well, maybe its just an impression?
Or perhaps his posts are simply shorter, I don't know. :?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:48 am

Post by Nox »

Like I said, your post count may be normal, but the content of them seemed to be lacking somewhat.

(I will be away for 10 days, starting tomorrow. Just to let you know I'm not dead :P )
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:26 am

Post by Nox »

(See for example my dust up with Nox. There is no way I would have got drawn into that if I was scum and I knew she was innocent.)

Whoa whoa whoa.
Wait a minute.
Is it just me or did he just
confirm
me innocent?

We know for a fact that there is a possibility of several mafia families, or several killers, right?

So if you were scum, it didn't necessarily mean I was innocent, and even if I was, I was on your case; you wouldve defended yourself all the same.

This leads me to think that you do, in fact, know that I'm innocent.
And who knows this other than the mafia?
I highly doubt that a cop had a chance to investigate yet.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Nox »

Yeah. That's
my
''scumdar'' beeping.

There can be more than one back-up docs, can there?
What better than to claim back up doc if one was scum? We know if he's scum that he'll show up as non-townie when lynched; He was obviously going to claim something else. Claiming doc would put the real doc against him right off the bat, so like the others, I'd like to have more details about his time fuel, etc. In my opinion, Stoofer's claim seems more like scum trying to cover himself up.

I don't think this is a scum ploy to draw another claim, more like a scum ploy to save its sorry life from getting lynched.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Nox »

If we look closely, Quagmire also viewed Sinister Overlord as suspicious. It was not voiced loudly, but it still stands.
Now, I know that alot of us did the same, but if we look at it from another perspective, would scum be so unprecautious as to nightkill his number one "opponent"? Eliminating Quagmire was most likely the best move for scum, as it puts the town in this exact state of confusion, therefore the mafia remains in the shadows.

I think we were right about Stoofer, at least for now. Scum are probably on their toes right now, to avoid further lynches. Now, about the multiple killing group theory, I'll have to say that I have absolutly no idea whatsoever. I guess we'll just have to wait and pay a closer attention to history changes that will happen.

I'm almost sure that we're on the right track for now. SinisterOverlord was my number two choice for a lynch on Day 1, so it only makes sense that I vote him now. That is, unless he can convince me of his innocence, of course.

Vote: SinisterOverlord
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:27 pm

Post by Nox »

Actually, I can't :? .
Looking through again, I had mistaken your quote with Someone's. He only disagrees with you once, but its minor. I apologize for that.

However, I'd like to point out that nearly everybody, at one point in the game, suspected Someone. I judge it unfair to say that, because he too had been suspicious, it is the reason why Quagmire was lynched.
It still stands though.

Having had to look back for his unexistant quote, I took the time to re-read his posts and I'd be more leaning towards Scum trying to confuse the town. Incidently, it worked out :roll: .
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:12 pm

Post by Nox »

ChanglingBob: I meant nightkilled, not lynched. Sowwwy :s
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by Nox »

Arg. I'm sort of beginning to inch against Changling bob, for previously mentionned accusations... Ill post later on.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:42 am

Post by Nox »

Alright then.
Vote : Changeling Bob
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:44 am

Post by Nox »

First off, since I know I'm innocent myself(I too will claim, I am a mere
townie
, with just a little time fuel. I could shield myself from beeing nightkilled on 1 pre-agreed night), I'm convinced of Someone's honesty at this point. What he claimed is highly plausible, he's not an important pro-town power role, which could explain why he volunteered himself to be the 3 out of the lynching bandwagon: He thought that he was'nt
that
important. However, we see that he used his power earlier, perhaps in case of beeing lynched too soon; He could still benefit the town. Anyways, this beeing said...

I must agree with the fact that you did indeed back up Mr.Stoofer quite alot during this game. As I still firmly believe that he is scum, this puts you in an not-so good position, with Someone's results from his question. While you had some good points(Which could be an illusion from mere good play), I found that Fishbulb seemed less scummy. Of course , there's the chance that you could both be scum, but that is less probable, however, I do not rule out the possibility of several killing groups, etc.

I'm not unvoting because of a simple OMGUS.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:15 am

Post by Nox »

Maybe powerful, but not
vital
. Like a cop, his information will not be necessarily be believed, therefore the information may not be used to the town's advantage. What I meant is that as opposed to a doctor, who can go back in time to revive townies, he's less important.

I've claimed once already, I'll claim again.
I'm a townie
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:50 am

Post by Nox »

Perhaps we should'nt argue over the number of people he chose to investigate; The important part is that his investigation did not fail, is it not?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Post by Nox »

Hmm hmm.
For the third time, I'm a
townie
. :roll:
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Post by Nox »

Well, I`ll be honest with you, before Someone`s claim, I would`ve maybe leaned towards Gaspode. However, his name was cleared.

I`d opt for a mass claim.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:18 pm

Post by Nox »

In my opinion, only the scum would oppose to a mass claim. Itd pretty much give us an idea of how many of them they are. On another note, if we don't do this, the game would probably end up deadlined, for there'd be a lack of any action probable. I think the more information we have before we decide to lynch somebody, the better it is for the town. The longer we let this game stagnate, the less information we have to make our lynching decision.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:21 pm

Post by Nox »

Arg,
Unvote
. (I forgot about that one XD)
I'm going to hold out until a mass claim.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:02 am

Post by Nox »

True true. It could, but I suppose it doesnt really mean it would.

Alright. Then what would you rather wait for?
If people are not in for a mass claim, then keep talking guys. I want to hear not just propositions, but also suggestions.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by Nox »

Gaspode wrote: I think we're hesitating because we're expecting the rest of the town to come up with new ideas. Unfortunately, there are only five of us left, and we've all spoken, so pretty much everything is out there already. We're not going to get much further, I think.
Very true.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:13 pm

Post by Nox »

Out of Fishbulb and Bob, right now, IMO, Bob seems the scummiest. Gaspode just looks uneasy, which is understandable, and Someone's claim seems to fit in, I do recall seeing the fact that they were "trying to incorporate an investigative role in the TT" somewheres as well, though looking back I can't pinpoint it.

Theses are the gut feelings that I have right now. Bob seems to me as a cornered scum. His responses, his analysis, and his behavior lead me to think that he's just praying for Gaspode and Fishbulb to Suspect Someone's claim.

Fishbulb's behavior, on the other hand, sort of leads me to think that he has a pro-town power role of some sort. He brought up the doc possibility, he seemed the most concerned for himself as far as nightkilling goes.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by Nox »

Ill
vote: Changling Bob.

However, I've thought up of an alternative plan. If you lynch me, I will come up as a townie. It will give you the proof you need to trust Someone, won't it?

If it can get you guys to lynch Bob tomorrow, Id gladly sacrifice my life.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:40 am

Post by Nox »

It seems to me that there is only one scum: Bob.

As Someone said, if Fishbulb had been scum, it would have been to his advantage to vote Someone. I think he's pro-town.

As for the Options, I'd opt for either A or C.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:21 am

Post by Nox »

MOD: Gaspode voted Someone.

However, Bob hasn't posted since you voted, Fishbulb did. We don't know if he will or not. Moreover, Bob has been pointing fingers alot.

Gaspode, if you think both I and Someone are scumbuddies, please vote to lynch me instead. I will come up as Townie. Either way, whether Someone is scum or town, he will come up as non-townie and we will not have any more information than we do now.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:00 am

Post by Nox »

And Changling Bob is lurking :roll: .
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:26 am

Post by Nox »

Well, I know that Someone was pro-town. I believe what he said, therefore I cannot incriminate Gaspode.

I really thought that fishbulb was town, until I saw that lynching changling bob didnt end the game.

Vote: Fishbulb
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:44 am

Post by Nox »

Someone was not a cop. His results were right, hence why I believe Gaspode is pro-town.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #41) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:53 am

Post by Nox »

Also, I dont think Someone's death was due to a kill sent forward in time: If so, where was the mafia's kill yesterday night? There would have been two deaths.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:00 am

Post by Nox »

As far as I know, There would be only one kill last night, the mafia Kill. The Mafia Killed Someone(He coudlnt kill himself). I highly doubt that it was a kill sent forward in time because if so, it means we are missing the mafia kill for last night. The possibility that the mafia would have sent a kill forward in time at this point is rather slim, since we're in the end game, and it wouldn't of been to the Mafia's advantage. Also, noone claimed vigilante.

If Someone had been scum, he wouldnt have died last night.
I believe Gaspode is town, not just because Someone cleared him. His actions have been the most pro-town ish.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:02 am

Post by Nox »

My shield was Night 1, by the way
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #44) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:15 am

Post by Nox »

Of course, but there was only one kill. I have to assume it was the mafia kill.
Theres only 3 of us left, there. :roll:
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #45) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:06 pm

Post by Nox »

You could have killed Someone too, as he shows up as non-townie. I show up as townie. What`s the difference between killing me and Someone?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #46) » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:39 am

Post by Nox »

Exactly.

We win :D
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:26 pm

Post by Nox »

Fritzler wrote:Who do you mean by we? You and your scum buddies?
No , I meant you and I.
Duh. :P :D
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by Nox »

I doubt that he was mad at you. He was leaning towards Fishbulb in the first place. Come on Fishbulb, admit it, had he been scum, Someone would have not been killed. Its impossible.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:30 pm

Post by Nox »

What possibility?
If its a kill sent forward, then tell me: Where is the mafia kill?
:roll:
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:44 am

Post by Nox »

MUHAHAHAH!!!
YES!
*Victory Dance*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”