Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by chamber »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: Really, I think it it's pretty easy to see that there are a lot of veteran players in this game,
So thats what they call themselves these days?

vote monkeyman
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by chamber »

Unvote
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:How am I being anti-town? I'm just trying to gauge Monkey's reaction.
Starbuck wrote:Wow, Monkey. You seem to be getting worked up over something so small.
In what way do statements like this help you judge his reaction?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:39 am

Post by chamber »

Crazy wrote:This:
Monkey wrote:LOL, do be honest I didn't even see your vote until after I voted. But I usually vote for whoever stands out in the RVS.
Then this:
Monkey wrote:I did read some, but usually the RVS isn't meant to be taken seriously. Hence the term random votes.
So in order for Monkey to be town, we'd have to believe the following:

1. He usually votes for whatever stands out in the RVS, but this time he didn't, because apparently "it's not supposed to be taken seriously." Even though that's what he usually does! XD

2. He read only the very beginning of the RVS, but not enough to see Starbuck's vote. Yeah...

Unvote
Vote Monkey
(L-3)
Number 1 seems like a misrepresentation of what he said to me. I'd elaborate but I rather he do so himself.
Number 2 is completely believable.

vote crazy
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:39 am

Post by chamber »

Crazy wrote: But anyway, Kmd's "LIAR" thing is enough to lynch him right there.
The second of those statments was clearly sarcastic.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by chamber »

Jazzmyn wrote:After reading the entirety of the Starbuck/Monkey exchange, it looks to me like a bit of a tempest in a teacup. My vote for Monkey was entirely random, and the votecount above indicates that he now has 5 votes, which is an awful lot for being only one real life day into a new game, so I am going to unvote.

Unvote

Regards,
Jazz
Do the number of votes on him make you want to do something other then just unvote?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:How am I being anti-town? I'm just trying to gauge Monkey's reaction.
Starbuck wrote:Wow, Monkey. You seem to be getting worked up over something so small.
Monkey has not been back to the thread since all of this started, even to defend himself. I've played with him before and normally he at least stands up for himself. As someone as seasoned in mafia as Monkey is, it is odd that he'd give up over something so small.
In what way did that answer my question?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:28 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:In what way did it not? He's probably upset because we are right on the dot with his lynch. Either way, he's appealing to emotion.
My point is that the first statement* seems to imply you already have your answer while the second** seems to suggest you are still seeking one. I don't think anyone can be as certain as you come off as being in the first statement at this point in the game. Then going back on that certainty when called on it seems extremely fishy to me. So I ask again how does mocking someone help you gauge their reaction?

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #96 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:Chamber, your accusation bothers me because your first post wasn't until post 48. It's like you conveniently slipped into the game. You voted for Monkey then unvoted as soon as Llama posted the vote count.

You then voted for Crazy by downplaying his vote in post 60.

I do think that you need to answer your own question from post 79 because it seems to me that you did the exact thing that you are questioning Jazzmyn about.
I didn't post till when I did cause I didn't realize day had started. My monkey vote was a joke vote which is why I unvoted as fast as I did. I am doing more than just unvoting. Im voting for one of the people on his wagon and questioning another(you).
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:30 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:I'm definitely not tunneling. I have focused on others as well, but you are acting immature and rude to everyone else in this game. And your appeals to emotion really aren't helping your case with me which is why my vote hasn't moved.

And I'm not taking what you did out of proportion. It's how you reacted to the situation. You straight up left the game and said that you weren't coming back until the lynch was off you. Now, in my eyes, that means I just caught scum.
This is bullshit. If stuff like this was constantly being directed at me I wouldn't feel much like playing either.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #115 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 am

Post by chamber »

You guys are being ridiculous. Could he handle it better then he is ? Yes. Is his reaction completely understandable anyway? Yes.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #119 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by chamber »

I don't like his actions but 1: I don't think they justify the personal attacks hes getting directed at him and 2: I don't think its very indicative of his alignment.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:@Chamber - What personal attacks? There are none. We are not attacking his person (i.e. ad hom), we are attacking his actions, which is what mafia is all about. Monkey is not a newbie, I've played with him before and he has NEVER pulled this type of crap.
Brandi wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I am here. I am choosing not to respond in protest, which is what I originally said.
If you don't like the wagon on you, then do something about it. "Protesting" is asinine and doesn't do anything to help the town. If you really feel that we are somehow being "unfair" then realize that this is a game, and sometimes "unfair" things happen. Sitting out and pouting until things go your way is something that a
petulant child
would do.
Brandi wrote:
chamber wrote:You guys are being ridiculous. Could he handle it better then he is ? Yes. Is his reaction completely understandable anyway? Yes.
I agree that feeling discouraged or even possibly wronged (if he is town) is understandable. But his ACTIONS because of such are NOT. He signed up for this game, to play it, and regardless of his alignment, he is expected to play in this game. Not sit on the sidelines of the game and
cry like a 6 year old feeling sorry for himself
. If he can't handle it, he should at least have the decency to ask for a replacement. SOG is being spot-on in calling him a hypocrite.
In my opinion being compared directly to a 6 year old would be far more insulting than swear words being directed in my direction. Also in general there is an extremely negative feeling in every post directed at him. Not the most player friendly enviroment I can think of. Certainly not a good way to get him posting again. Though he has anyway so congrats to him.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #157 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:31 am

Post by chamber »

[quote="Brandi"]@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)
[/quote

There is a difference between pointing out a fact, and pointing out a fact while being a jackass. You were doing the latter. Your words may have claimed to push him to continue, but I think your actions did the opposite. I think hes restarted playing inspite of them, not because of them.

Unvote vote fuzzy
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #164 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by chamber »

Brandi wrote:
chamber wrote:
Brandi wrote:@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)
There is a difference between pointing out a fact, and pointing out a fact while being a jackass. You were doing the latter. Your words may have claimed to push him to continue, but I think your actions did the opposite. I think hes restarted playing inspite of them, not because of them.

Unvote vote fuzzy
Sounds like you have a personal problem. I was being brutally honest, not insulting. You calling me a jackass though, that's an insult.
I was just being brutally honest, oh wait, its the same thing.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by chamber »

fuzzylightning wrote:@chamber: What reasons do you have for voting for me?

FoS: Chamber
for not providing any reason for voting for someone that he hadn't mentioned in any post to this point.
I don't give reasons along side votes.

@coug like 1/3 the town is attacking monkey, you expect him to only vote in the other 2/3s? I don't really agree with his reasons but they aren't just "cause they are voting me" so its not omgus.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #179 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:43 am

Post by chamber »

fuzzylightning wrote:@Chamber, so I am just supposed to take your vote and go with it, without seeing a single reason as to why you voted for me, or that you even acknowledged my presence at all in this game [outside of that vote]?
More people should vote this guy.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #186 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by chamber »

semioldguy wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:@Chamber, so I am just supposed to take your vote and go with it, without seeing a single reason as to why you voted for me, or that you even acknowledged my presence at all in this game [outside of that vote]?
In my opinion you have greatly overreacted to this vote on you.
You should vote for him.

semioldguy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:In my opinion, giving town reads is similar to claiming, and you don't want to give the mafia that kind of info unless you have to.
Please enlighten me on the first part of this sentence.
Either way you're giving scum info about the possible makeup of the town.
Town don't know about the possible makeup of the town aside from themselves, and I don't see how sharing town reads on other people gives anything away about a town setup as we don't know anything about the setup. Scum know more about the setup than town do becaus they hve the identites and roles of their buddies, town doesn't have that. Scum know who the "possible makeup of the town" are. Town doesn't, so how is this helping them exactly?

Letting the mafia know who the town thinks is town gives them a good target to shoot.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #224 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by chamber »

Can that someone be semioldguy specifically.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #227 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by chamber »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Can someone sum up the Monkey case for me?
chamber wrote:Can that someone be semioldguy specifically.
Why, chamber?
He has very recently asserted that he has such a case, and used it as a defense, so I'm curious what it is.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #229 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Can someone sum up the Monkey case for me?
chamber wrote:Can that someone be semioldguy specifically.
Why, chamber?
He has very recently asserted that he has such a case, and used it as a defense, so I'm curious what it is.
There are more people than just myself and Semioldguy with cases on Monkey.

Going off the last vote count

MonkeyMan576 (5) - Starbuck, StrangerCoug, Crazy, semioldguy, fuzzylightning

You can easily read Semioldguy in iso to find his case. So why not hear more from Crazy, Fuzzy, or Stranger?

You have been white knighting Monkey since the beginning of the game, and picking apart anyone's case on him. Why so overdefensive of him?
I don't feel that I'm being overly defensive, therefore your question is loaded. He's been getting an unproportionate amount of grief for what he's done.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #231 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:He straight up left the game because the lynch turned towards him, and instead of coming up with a case on someone he has just been OMGUSing on me.

My vote hasn't moved because of how he has acted, but he has committed an insane amount of ad hom on more than just myself.
Omgus is an over used term these days. He should fully be allowed to vote for someone because they are voting for him as long as they are going about it in an anti-town way. Given that I feel many peopl on his wagon are, I don't view his votes as omgus.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #233 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:Can you explain how he is not being anti-town?
I'm waiting on the semioldguy case. It may turn out that I find semioldguys case against monkey to be telling. Yours, however, is full of holes. Its not like I have a town read on monkey, I just think he's getting way too much flak for what I've seen him do up to this point.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #235 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Can you explain how he is not being anti-town?
I'm waiting on the semioldguy case. It may turn out that I find semioldguys case against monkey to be telling. Yours, however, is full of holes. Its not like I have a town read on monkey, I just think he's getting way too much flak for what I've seen him do up to this point.
So you are stalling on answering my question because you can't read back in iso and see semioldguy's case?
I'm "stalling" on the answer because I don't want to impair a chance to judge semioldguys alignment. I really dislike how you paint everything about people you are interacting with in a negative fashion.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #238 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:32 am

Post by chamber »

So to put it shortly, he ran away from the thread then didn't defend those actions? Cause I can see either alignment running like he did, and I wouldn't be defending them either, as it was clearly wrong, as either alignment.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #252 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by chamber »

Brandi wrote:
Gorrad wrote:So far, I don't see the case on Monkeyman as being better than my Brandi read. If what Semioldguy said is the only strikes against him, he's not worth lynching yet.

Please, for all our sakes, read the first game if you think my D1 lurking is suspect. It's generally what I do.
Scumtells are scumtells regardless of it's just what a player "does." No free passes for you.
This is 100% incorrect. Actions are independently(of person) pro or anti town but still dependent on setup. However a scumtell is something that indicates someone is scum. Therefore if its something someone does as either alignment then its not a scum tell.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #254 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by chamber »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
chamber wrote:
Brandi wrote:
Gorrad wrote:So far, I don't see the case on Monkeyman as being better than my Brandi read. If what Semioldguy said is the only strikes against him, he's not worth lynching yet.

Please, for all our sakes, read the first game if you think my D1 lurking is suspect. It's generally what I do.
Scumtells are scumtells regardless of it's just what a player "does." No free passes for you.
This is 100% incorrect. Actions are independently(of person) pro or anti town but still dependent on setup. However a scumtell is something that indicates someone is scum. Therefore if its something someone does as either alignment then its not a scum tell.
If you're anti-town as town and anti-town as scum, it doesn't excuse you being anti-town.
It doesn't indicate that you are scum though. Therefore the only time to lynch such a person is a policy lynch where you think their play style is more detrimental to the town then their chance of being town.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #256 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by chamber »

Gorrad wrote:Lurking D1 is not something I do on purpose. It's not a "plan" or "strategy". It's a side-effect. The way I play is by waiting for someone to do something I don't like, then pouncing on them for it. So far, the only person who's done something I really haven't liked is Brandi.
Are you sure that you have been reading fuzzylightnings posts?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #259 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 am

Post by chamber »

Brandi wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
chamber wrote:
Brandi wrote:

If you're anti-town as town and anti-town as scum, it doesn't excuse you being anti-town.
Agree 100%. Chamber, you are wrong. Sorry to break it to you.

Example: Self voting is a scum tell.
Player A always self votes.
Self voting is
STILL
a scumtell.
The end.

People who play like scum on purpose and to try to say "oh it's how I play, so you can't point fingers at me!" are retarded and I have no sympathy for them~ These types of people always hurt the town.

Still a scumtell in general? Sure. It is in no way a scumtell for that specific player though.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #268 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by chamber »

Kmd4390 wrote:Semi, which players?
Your post mentioned 8 players. Including yourself that makes 9. So I assume he meant the other 3 players in the game.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #270 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by chamber »

Kmd4390 wrote:k. Jazz looks town. Semi, I'm not sure on. Fuzzy, my beef on him is more of a playstyle thing, so not really sure how to take that.
Can you point me to a finished game where fuzzy was both town and played like he is now? I find him quite scummy in this game and would like to compare.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #272 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by chamber »

Kmd4390 wrote:I've never played with him.
How do you know what his typical playstyle is without having seen him play in previous games?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #276 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:So basically you are saying that since I don't overreact to votes on me, but I do argue my points, it's a double standard?

That statement really doesn't make any sense.
I'm pretty sure what he meant was: You don't mind when people attack those you are attacking, but do mind when people defend those you are attacking. I don't think of it as a double standard per say, but at least this way its possible to see where he's coming from.

If you want me to post a concise defense of monkey, first you can post a concise case. Otherwise you can reread my posts in the thread.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #278 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:So basically you are saying that since I don't overreact to votes on me, but I do argue my points, it's a double standard?

That statement really doesn't make any sense.
I'm pretty sure what he meant was: You don't mind when people attack those you are attacking, but do mind when people defend those you are attacking. I don't think of it as a double standard per say, but at least this way its possible to see where he's coming from.

If you want me to post a concise defense of monkey, first you can post a concise case. Otherwise you can reread my posts in the thread.
First off, I really do think that you need to stop answering for Monkey.

I don't mind when people defend those who I'm attacking, but you jump in before he can ever speak for himself. So pretty much, he is just following your lead after he comes back into the thread. I really don't care for it, and I'm pretty sure that there are others that agree with me.

Wow, getting rather snarky there at the end. I have posted the reason why my vote originally went on Monkey and why it has stayed there and has not moved, and probably will not move, more than a number of times. You could easily read me back in iso, and see that.

I think it's rather immature of you to say that "screw you guys, unless she posts something, I won't". I have been posting and have repeated myself over and over.
My point was, that as you've been attacking him throughout the thread, I've been defending him. If its too scattered for you, post an attack all in one place for me to defend. Otherwise you can go back and read my posts in iso.

I agree that its generally a bad idea to answer questions directed at others. I don't feel my most recent post falls into that general area though. What you suggested he meant made no sense, as you said yourself. I think it was pretty clear he meant my interpretation though. To get your interpretation you'd have to assume "Starbuck doesn't mind it when someone joins her on her bandwagon," meant voting for you, as opposed to voting with you. The fact that he uses the word 'joins' would make this interpretation basically impossible.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #296 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:04 am

Post by chamber »

fuzzylightning wrote:I am not really liking the way that Chamber is defending Monkey on every post made by someone else in this game that is directed at him. Sure it may be ok every once in a while but when its happening as consistently as it is now, then there has to be something there.

KMD, so we agree to disagree, and anyone who wants to read to see if this is my typical playstyle can go on ahead, i was in OOTS Mafia, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia, and Newbie 649 all as town.

I don't really see a problem with Starbuck's continued attack on Monkey because I really haven't seen a "good" defense of the points she has against him. So far, from what I am seeing it amounts to Monkey claiming she lied about what she was doing this weekend, which, unless he was with her this weekend, is impossible to know.

Unvote
because I want to take a step back and look at the game from a new perspective and move my vote accordingly.
After reading your posts in iso from these games I'm even more happy with my vote. Thanks for the confirmation.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #307 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:49 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
Crazy wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Well, you might wanna go back and re-read because my original vote on Monkey was for a reaction, which he gave in abundance. His continued actions, reactions, and overall scumminess since then have given me reason to not move my vote from him.

You should really re-read before you start throwing around baseless accusations.
Yah, "reactions." That's what I was talking about when I said your case was full of crap. Reactions don't mean anything; townies over-react all the time. More than scum, probably.
So now that I repeat myself again, you FINALLY realize why you think my case is crap? I really don't buy it.
You honestly think he's lying there?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #310 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:56 am

Post by chamber »

Also, I just reread you in iso, and I seriously want a full case, in your words, against monkey.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #316 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:02 am

Post by chamber »

Crazy wrote:
chamber wrote:Also, I just reread you in iso, and I seriously want a full case, in your words, against monkey.
If you're talking to me, look at my iso #13.
Starbuck wrote:He DID PURSUE THAT. I wish you would re-read so you would see this!

Crazy, he didn't just stop posting. He left the game, and was posting in his other games and not posting in our thread. We finally got to the 72 hour prod rule, and we asked him either to participate or be replaced.
He did come back after he was prodded, though.
Was talking to starbuck, I just didn't preview.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #359 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by chamber »

chamber wrote:
You responded to this last time but it didn't actually answer the question and I think its relevent now. What I point out here is my main issue with you, though it carried forward to future posts. It never felt like you were trying to figure out his alignment, only trying to paint him as scum the whole time.

chamber wrote:Also, I just reread you[starbuck] in iso, and I seriously want a full case, in your words, against monkey.
You never responded to this, please do.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #361 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:Well now that Monkey claimed a PR, I can see what his frustration was so your second question is now null and void.

And as you said I already responded to the first and I have nothing to add.
unvote vote starbuck

Reconsider answering both now?

I want to see your case on monkey to evaluate you, so it is in no way void.

You responded but you didn't answer. Untill you do I don't think I can understand your mindset as a player, and in a generic sense your play seems scummy as hell.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #363 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Post by chamber »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Could the mafia be pixar characters? Hmmm...
I've got no problem with a town pixar character claiming as such (I'm obviously not or I would just claim to be) If anyone has a good reason against this I'll listen. The way I see it if no one comes forward starbucks in shit, if someone does come forward we judge independently. Should we end up with 1-2 dead mafia pixar characters the one that ties himself to starbuck is in the weeds. Seems mostly win-win with minor info given.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #365 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Well now that Monkey claimed a PR, I can see what his frustration was so your second question is now null and void.

And as you said I already responded to the first and I have nothing to add.
unvote vote starbuck

Reconsider answering both now?

I want to see your case on monkey to evaluate you, so it is in no way void.

You responded but you didn't answer. Untill you do I don't think I can understand your mindset as a player, and in a generic sense your play seems scummy as hell.
I have answered both.

Why are you threatening me?
You have answered neither.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #367 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:You just said a few posts up that I responded and now I have answered neither?

Threatening someone, in my eyes, is not a town tactic. It's a scum tactic.
Responding != answering.

Made up example:
Starbuck wrote:
Me wrote: How tall are you?
I don't understand why people are always so fixated on height.
to compare to what you actually said:
Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Monkey has not been back to the thread since all of this started, even to defend himself. I've played with him before and normally he at least stands up for himself. As someone as seasoned in mafia as Monkey is, it is odd that he'd give up over something so small.
Where in that response did you explain how the statement "Wow, Monkey. You seem to be getting worked up over something so small." helped you evaluate his alignment, or gauge his reaction as you put it. I mean sure you talked about monkey, but you completely sidestepped the question I was asking.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #368 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Post by chamber »

forgot to respond to this:
Starbuck wrote: Threatening someone, in my eyes, is not a town tactic. It's a scum tactic.
I don't like threatening, but when asking nicely twice doesnt work, I do what gets the job done.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #370 (isolation #44) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:51 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:forgot to respond to this:
Starbuck wrote: Threatening someone, in my eyes, is not a town tactic. It's a scum tactic.
I don't like threatening, but when asking nicely twice doesnt work, I do what gets the job done.
Well then, my vote is placed perfectly.
You're one of the more obstinate players I've had the pleasure of playing with. Solid top 5.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #413 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:I think we can all play this game WITHOUT flinging insults.
I do view being obstinate to the point that you've been as a negative trait, but I don't think its objectively negative or positive. Obviously everyone should be some degree of obstinate. I didn't intend to insult you I was just pointing out a fact.

I normally don't buy into Freudian slips.
unvote
for now because I'm not convinced I want a lynch just yet.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #454 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by chamber »

vote fuzzylightning
I'm happy.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #456 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by chamber »

unvote fuzzylightning vote neopi
because I'm a moron.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #569 (isolation #48) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by chamber »

Vote neopi

Still think this guy is scum. My movie is also post 1980 for reference so I doubt age is a huge factor when considering whats 'classic'
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #572 (isolation #49) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by chamber »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:There are several movies post 1980 that could still be considered "classic". The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, for instance. This is different than the CGI Toy Story.
Then why did you ask for age as a metric?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #576 (isolation #50) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:I think that this line of questioning could lead to possible game-breaking stuff going on, and before you do so, please stop this subject.
Elaborate.

Scum should already know in what way they are connected(if at all) I think its good for the town to know that too if it can be gained without giving too much info away. Given the huge number of Disney movies, and the limited size of the player list I doubt we gain a huge advantage even if we do figure out how the scum are connected so I'm curious as to how you think this could possibly break the game? Unless you think it would break the game for the scum. Of course I don't know how you could possibly know that either.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #579 (isolation #51) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:Games that become all about the flavor turn out rather badly, because then it's just a question of who's got what in their PM as it already is starting to.

Going this way will suck enjoyment out of the game for many people.
I do agree that there is a line but I don't think we are even close to crossing it. I guess the location of that line changes from person to person though. Basically given the vast size of the Disney universe I don't think its really possible for the scum to get screwed by this. Its not like we are talking about wordings, only trying potentially find a common tie between the townies and/or Mafioso.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #600 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 am

Post by chamber »

semioldguy wrote:Back and catching up as quickly as I can since as our deadline is very near.
Atm I believe there are 3 votes for both neopi and starbuck that makes you the swing vote under these deadline rules if no one else shows up (hint: vote for neopi).
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #602 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:07 am

Post by chamber »

lol just realized I missed the deadline change. Ignore me.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #629 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:11 am

Post by chamber »

semioldguy wrote:Do you not know your own flavor for your role? A simple "yes" or "no" will do, I don't want anything more than that at this point.
massive fishing
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #641 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 am

Post by chamber »

semioldguy wrote:
chamber wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Do you not know your own flavor for your role? A simple "yes" or "no" will do, I don't want anything more than that at this point.
massive fishing
Why didn't you point this out as being massive fishing?
MonkeyMan576 Post 515 wrote:Can anyone besides Starbuck claim to be a movie after 1980(Don't give the actual title, just yes or no)?
FoS:
chamber

I think the info that answering your question would inderectly reveal is way more important than the year a given players movie if from.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #721 (isolation #56) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:59 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
Crazy wrote:Your flavor makes sense. Withholding it for that long does not.
This.
ALthough I agree with this statement, I don't agree with the conclusion that it doesn't make sense in a scummy way. It just doesn't make sense period.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #724 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:00 am

Post by chamber »

Crazy wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Crazy wrote:Your flavor makes sense. Withholding it for that long does not.
This.
ALthough I agree with this statement, I don't agree with the conclusion that it doesn't make sense in a scummy way. It just doesn't make sense period.
Unless if he needed time to come up with something that was convincing.
The flavor he gave is the same flavour I assumed the second he claimed. I can`t imagine, that if he`s fake claiming, he came up with the role then the flavour. It would surely have to have been the other way around.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #735 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:@Jazzmyn - I claimed my flavor well before Monkey.

In what way is this at all relevant to what he said?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #748 (isolation #59) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 am

Post by chamber »

Neopi wrote:im sorry for my lack of posting im still catching up :)
Can we lynch this guy already?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #763 (isolation #60) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by chamber »

Neopi wrote:i am Lady from Lady and the Tramp, Super sniffer

im a combination watcher tracker, but i can be distracted by the tramp and niether of us know
our alignments
Each others alignments, or your own included?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #767 (isolation #61) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by chamber »

How does the tramp distract you?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #772 (isolation #62) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by chamber »

I think asking for a tramp claim right now is premature, but depending on answers given I may ask for one later.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #787 (isolation #63) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:This is why I really don't like going into the whole flavor debate because it detracts from hunting scum. Now people are just looking for well who's flavor makes the least sense.
go play normals.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #789 (isolation #64) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:This is why I really don't like going into the whole flavor debate because it detracts from hunting scum. Now people are just looking for well who's flavor makes the least sense.
go play normals.
Wow, that's the only thing you have to say to that?

/sigh
Roles being based on a theme and the necessity to be able to fake such roles is one of the key divisions between theme and normal games. Yes we should still scum hunt normally, but when presented with flavour for a role I am going to judge it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #795 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by chamber »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not the Tramp, nor am I affiliated with Neopi. Starbuck's interpretation of my supposed slip is way off. I meant that
he can only use his power after day 2
, I lose my power if we lynch a townie, We are both claiming power roles, and both claiming restrictions on our power.
I thought the tramp could only stop his power after day2 ??
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #797 (isolation #66) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:51 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not the Tramp, nor am I affiliated with Neopi. Starbuck's interpretation of my supposed slip is way off. I meant that he can only use his power after day 2, I lose my power if we lynch a townie, We are both claiming power roles, and both claiming restrictions on our power.
Neopi is claiming that he doesn't know who the Tramp is. You could very well be the Tramp.

Peter Pan is very commonly known, and I forgot who said it early but words like pixie dust, windows, and happiness are almost synonymous with Peter Pan. You could have easily made up your flavor which is what took you so long to claim it.
There is a difference between could be, and are likely to be.

I'm sorry but I don't see ANYWAY that he faked that ability THEN came up with the flavour. Its very possible that its a faked claim but IF it is then he certainly came up with the flavour as he came up with the role. It fits too perfectly to have had the flavour added after the fact.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #801 (isolation #67) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:18 am

Post by chamber »

Crazy wrote:The reason I want the Tramp to claim is that Neopi pointed out that he's unconfirmed.

So if there is a Tramp, he's not confirmed town as soon as he claims. So it's not like scum can just kill him right away and kill a confirmed town.

Or, as my hunch is, Neopi is being over-creative here and is just completely lying, in which case there is no Tramp. And if everyone claimed not-Tramp, then it would be obvious that Neopi was scum. Or possibly, one of Neopi's scum-partners would be forced to claim Tramp.
The problem with this plan is that if Neopi is town and the Tramp isn't then the scum get a free mislynch.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #819 (isolation #68) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by chamber »

Crazy wrote:
chamber wrote:How does the tramp distract you?
Crazy wrote: Why (flavor wise) can the Tramp only distract you after Day 2?
this.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #823 (isolation #69) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:Essentially chamber's in two games with me, and I'm thinking if he can't get me lynched in one, he's going to keep suspicion on me in the other.
I wouldn't let my 'in game' opinion of you carry over from one game to another. I honestly don't like you very much as a player from what I've seen (which is admittedly a small sample size), and I may have let the dislike carry over into me being a little to harsh with my 'go play normals' comment. I do however still support its intent which was later explained by me, and others.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #826 (isolation #70) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by chamber »

Another question for neopi. Exactly how experienced are you. With your 'no one asked me how I knew the word scumdar' comment you suggested that you may be more experienced then your join date would suggest.

I was going to ask that before reading you in iso, so now I want to ask what other type/s of mafia do you have experience with, and where did you learn the word 'scumdar'.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #828 (isolation #71) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Essentially chamber's in two games with me, and I'm thinking if he can't get me lynched in one, he's going to keep suspicion on me in the other.
I wouldn't let my 'in game' opinion of you carry over from one game to another. I honestly don't like you very much as a player from what I've seen (which is admittedly a small sample size), and I may have let the dislike carry over into me being a little to harsh with my 'go play normals' comment. I do however still support its intent which was later explained by me, and others.
Do me favor and take your personal opinions out of this so we can play the game and have fun. That was out of line and there was no need for it.

Weren't you the one who jumped all over me about being insulting to Monkey (when I never meant to be)? And now you both are doing the same thing to me? Quite hypocritical, I think.
That was me apologizing?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #831 (isolation #72) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:It didn't very well sound like an apology, but whatever.

Back to your regularly scheduled mafia game...
I guess it depends on what you were looking at an apology for. I wouldn't apologize for disliking you up to this point, or for my intended point that you should join normals if you don't like dealing with flavour. I will apologize for letting my dislike of you effect how I chose to get the point across though. If this has all been too indirect for you: I'm sorry if I was too abrasive when I said "go play normals".
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #832 (isolation #73) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by chamber »

chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:It didn't very well sound like an apology, but whatever.

Back to your regularly scheduled mafia game...
I guess it depends on what you were looking at an apology for. I wouldn't apologize for disliking you up to this point, or for my intended point that you should join normals if you don't like dealing with flavour. I will apologize for letting my dislike of you effect how I chose to get the point across though. If this has all been too indirect for you: I'm sorry if I was too abrasive when I said "go play normals".
To be clear I don't dislike you(I don't know you), just the way you play. More people then I can count have made similar claims against me.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #834 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by chamber »

Brandi wrote:Crap. I'm really sorry for being inactive guys, I've been really busy. =/ I'll start making posts soon.

When is the deadline?

Chances are I wont be at home on my birthday or the weekend before my birthday. (My birthday is the 30th)
44ish hours from now = deadline
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #892 (isolation #75) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by chamber »

bah
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1317 (isolation #76) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:42 am

Post by chamber »

boo.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1320 (isolation #77) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:22 am

Post by chamber »

This game should be mentioned somewhere as what not to do day1.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1323 (isolation #78) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:12 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:Llama,

The only thing I have to say for the game itself is that having an SK killing off most of the town, not having a scum goon made things a bit overpowered. I'm not sure that with Crazy still alive and the two scum that the town even stood a chance.
I'm very quickly becomming an advocate of no sks in 12 mans. The town still played quite poorly threwout though.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1336 (isolation #79) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:I also feel that if someone has a problem with my play, tell me what you didn't like. Tell me what I can do to get better. Give me constructive criticism rather than be insulting. I go out of my way to try to not offend anyone, but this is mafia, and you always end up offending someone whether you mean to or not.
I don't think you intend to be, which actually makes it more offencive, but you are extremely abrasive. I don't know how you can change that though if you already actively try not to be.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”