lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sun May 31, 2009 1:44 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Vote: archon

People who rub their heads with cats are misguided. Everyone knows dogs clean better.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Archon wrote:
Archon wrote:
Archon wrote:
lazarusmoth wrote:
Vote: archon

People who rub their heads with cats are misguided. Everyone knows dogs clean better.
but they didn't have an avatar like that. [/in whiny, three year old voice]

unvtoe, vote lazar
DOH!

unvote, vote lazar
DOOOOH!

What the hell is happening...
oh well. I'll just keep my vote.

OMGUS fail?
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:13 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm Spartacus!
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Fishythefish wrote:I strongly disagree all townies should claim spartacus. From the scum's pov, spartacus may well not exist (except, of course, that I am him). Spartacus is a likely protown role. So are his followers- ie. his fellow claimants. People with information about spartacus are likely to be protown. Everyone claiming spartacus negates this absolutely. I would strongly encourage any townie who does not have a good reason from claiming spartacus to refrain from doing so, or to withdraw their claim if they have claimed already.

lazurus posted immediately after the spartacus claim. I am surprised and suspicious at the lack of an immediate counterclaim here.
unvote, vote: lazurus
I agree with the first paragraph, and I want to clear my name by saying I had very little time to post on that day. I read and responded to Archon's post as it was first in line and I had to split.

I think fishy's got something here though. I think ortolan's scum for:

1) Making a hesitant Spartacus claim in post 36
2)
Suddenly urging everyone else to claim Spartacus in post 44

Why'd you do that?
unvote, vote: ortolan
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

I hope I can take the heat off me because, believe me, this bandwagon will NOT bring good results for town. Let me respond to your suspicions.
Pads wrote:
'Not having much time to read and post' doesn't work for me when it was a single line claiming a role that he didn't claim in his first post after the claim, but then tried to claim later on the same page.
Really sorry to muddy up the waters, but it was an extraordinarily busy day for me. I responded to Archon's post on Page 1 and logged off. On that day, I didn't even get to read Page 2 where pad's claim started.

Hope this takes care of AshMC's and fishy's votes for me as well.
ortolan wrote:
lazarusmoth (67) wrote:1) Making a hesitant Spartacus claim in post 36
"hesitant"? What do you mean exactly?
lazarusmoth (67) wrote:2)
Suddenly urging everyone else to claim Spartacus in post 44
aaand...you have utterly failed to explain in any way why these actions are scummy.
Hesitant = "mmm may as well...I'm not convinced this is a wise move but...I am Spartacus." The others did not seem to waffle on as you did here.

My reasoning here is - which I took from Fish's quote - that urging everyone to claim Spartacus muddies up the waters as I have reasons to believe that Spartacians are pro-town. That said, I need to reexamine my ortolan vote in the light of other revelations here and be extra careful with my posts so as not to draw fire.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

People voting for me: Reactions to my post please?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

unvote

The two lines of reasoning I'm currently trying to determine are these:
1. All players have been given the info to claim Spartacus.
2. Only pro-town players have been given the info to claim Spartacus.

Point #1: BC can only get cop power if he is recognized by a group. I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.
I'm also thinking why would a Spartacus claim be given to scum so they could power up a cop?

Given these assertions, I have a list of who's pro-town and suspicions of who's not. But before I continue, I'd like to know how you feel about these two lines of reasoning. Is it not logical to assume reasoning #2? Honestly, I'm not sure myself. I'd like to believe it, but I may be mistaken.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

EBWOP to clear up a possible confusing line:

unvote

The two lines of reasoning I'm currently trying to determine are these:
1. All players have been given the info to claim Spartacus.
2. Only pro-town players have been given the info to claim Spartacus.

BC can only get cop power if he is recognized by a group. I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.
I'm also thinking why would a Spartacus claim be given to scum so they could power up a cop?

Given these assertions, I have a list of who's pro-town and suspicions of who's not. But before I continue, I'd like to know how you feel about these two lines of reasoning. Is it not logical to assume reasoning #2? Honestly, I'm not sure myself. I'd like to believe it, but I may be mistaken.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm with cat on this one. I have the same information that's clear to me but seems to be causing muzz some confusion. I suggest everyone read their roles very carefully.

unvote, vote: muzz

Fishy, consider that the Spartacus claim is not in the hands of a very small minority. Consider that Spartacus claims are pro-town roles to activate
and
mask the cop role. It's unfortunate that it didn't work the way it was planned now that the cat's out of the bag.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm not liking the pads bandwagon here. Pads claimed Spartacus first. Given that I don't think anti-town had such an instruction on their roles, and I don't interpret that as scummy.

Are we really still going with the point that scum has instructions on their roles to claim Spartacus and power up a cop?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

The posts and votes doth fly. Please give me time to check the thread and wade through BC's, muzz's, and all the rest of the folks' voluminous explanations.

(I read more joining mafiascum than joining a book club)
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I am not understanding Infinis wall of text post at all. I think I have a read on muzz based on the Spartacus PM, but the allegations about the gladiator-sword signalling whoosh above my head.

Fishy, you're the one I consider the most town here, and my read on muzz are taking a slight hit. Could you tell me, in brief, why you're not voting for him?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:18 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Just fixed my net connection. Will be posting soon.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:26 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

I was so down with an Infinis lynch when I reread the thread...but his claim totally derails my suspicions. The "extra" information gave me a very good reason to believe his claim.

BC responds to the claim...
BloodCovenent wrote:I think I buy this. Townie, an
extra
, as in a movie extra. This makes sense to me, since we are playing mafia based on a movie.
And I totally buy it for the same exact reason.

But then a couple of posts bother me...
cateraction wrote:Vanilla clam shouldn't dissuade us from lynching. I'm OK with a hammer at this point.
This isn't a general claim but with a word that I know is specifically townie. Why wouldn't cateraction immediately know that???

He takes it back once the word "extra" has been outed:
cateraction wrote:
unvote
After having reread my role pm.
...but is this a case of scum backtracking or a townie lapse. My vote's on the former.
ortolan wrote:Why wouldn't the scum know what VTs are in this game?
ortolan wrote:People unvoting: what claim would you expect scum to make in this game?

Scum can claim vanilla townie. That is not the case here. Infinis has speciffically claimed "extra", a word that has been breadcrumbed all throughout by people I recognize to be townie. And these are the people Ort still pushes a lynch for:
ortolan wrote:also we should still lynch Infinis, or AshMC because it's pretty much impossible for that attack to come from a town player. It's all unsubstantiated tosh barely disguised with rhetoric.
I picked up on Ash's crumbs. And Infinis' claim definitely clears him. Why isn't this recognized by Ort???

Bottomline: cateraction and ortolan are scum. I'll
unvote, vote: ort
but would be very happy with either lynch.

Deadline time people!
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Vote count and a deadline update?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Do scum know the VT "extra" role PM as Ort claims? Do you agree with him that scum are in this list: lazarusmoth, AshMC, Infinis, with Pads a close fourth?

My gut and brain are telling me Ash is NOT scum; I've noticed it from the start of his breadcrumb. Other people have breadcrumbed it, and I have reason to believe they're townie as well.

If not, vote him. Simple as that. Ort is scum.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I am NOT NOT NOT liking the Pads wagon. Sigh.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:09 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm glad we lynched scum. I feel very, very stupid for being wrong about pads. One absolutely vital thing that I was also wrong about is that cleared up for me mafia DOES know about the Spartacus claims. Sigh.

I can understand how my dislike of the pads wagon can make everyone suspicious. But please, I've expressed clear commitments to my choices of scum or not-scum, and none of the mafia wishy-washiness. Please take that into account.

Today I go back to scratch with all my assumptions. I'll take some time to go back to the drawing board and reread.

Also, was there no NK?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:51 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

I admit I'm still groping around in this game as I had to reset most of my assumptions. I found it a bit difficult to put a scum tell at Infinis because he seems to have the some parts of the PM on his claim as I do. However, since any trust I have that those claims aren't known by mafia are gone, I'd disregard it.

I've looked at the reasons why he's currently being voted (contradictory statements, asking for one more night to be cleared up eventhough its a waste of investigation as he hadn't claimed powerrole, etc.), and they seem solid enough.

It would be great to hear from the others though. Especially the ones accused of lurking.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:16 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Infinis. Then Kise/Archon.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:37 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

muzzz wrote: I'm seriously beginning to doubt whether Laz is scum. He seems (or seemed) protective of Pads and Infinis. But neither of them seemed to have trouble voting Laz. And there's the fact that Kise, who's protecting Infinis, is also quick to vote Laz instead.
ortolan wrote:muzzzy - I agree about lazarus. I'm not sure if scum would so blatantly detract from their buddy's wagon when it looked very likely to lead to a lynch. If he isn't scum but Infinis is I would lynch Kise
QFT.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:14 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Is everyone claiming then? Or are we just waiting for a powerrole to claim?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:16 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

muzzz wrote:
cateraction wrote:Mafia can almost never do two actions in one night, that's just how it is.
@Lazarus, Roffman and Orto: you guys seem to have been around here the longest. Do you agree with Cat's assessment here?
Can't help you there, muzz. Though it says I've been around since 2004, I was on a 4-year hiatus before I joined again. So my game sucks right now. (As was evident on some very wrong assumptions on this game).
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

That's just awesome, BC.
vote: kise
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

A Kubrick Mafia with just Romans and Spartacus just doesn't seem right. No Strangelove? No droogs? No HAL 9000?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”