Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #844 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Hey everybody :D

This is just suspicions right now based on a quick read, and I'll elaborate on them when I get more than just hunches.

I'm currently inclined to believe roffman was scum. I am led to believe that he had a defense as to time zone differences, but from what I saw I'm more concerned about the communiqué itself.

I know what I am, but I wasn't a big fan of hohum before I replaced in for him. Not a lot of posts I recall from him are pro-town.

The mason claim makes little sense to me with regards to flavor, so I will allow hohum's vote on don_johnson to stand.

No Lynch is OK as a last resort.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #847 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:I would like to know from the following people if they are "vanilla". If possible, you can reveal in communique to me. If you have already used your communique or don't mind revealing in thread then you can reveal in thread. I don't think there is a problem revealing this information. I don't want a full claim, just to know if you are vanilla or not. So the following please respond or state why you don't want to:

Skitzer, Casey, Hohum (or hohum's replacement)

I feel like I have a lot of pieces but want to make sure I put them together correctly before I reveal anything. Please bare with me.
You're rubbing me the wrong way with this post. Even if we all spend our communiqués to tell you, I see this as tantamount to rolefishing since you're basically marking any non-vanilla claimants for the kill. How am I to believe that you are not scum looking for someone to bite the bait here?

HoS: Juls

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #848 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Oh, and I'm replacing hohum.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #849 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Actually,
unvote: don_johnson
and
vote: Juls
since a reread reveals that #836 contradicts an earlier objection in #96 about sending players their roles via communiqués.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #851 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:24 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I've read every page here, but I must admit I'm not completely in the loop. Still trying to straighten myself out... with
EVERYTHING

If you want to convince me that Juls is town, Rhinox, then prove that asking skitzer, Casey, and me whether or not we're vanilla does not have the same effect in the long run as posting our roles in our communiqués (whose sender is known), which Reecer6 suggested and to which Juls strongly objected. This is making Juls look hypocritical to me.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #857 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

don_johnson wrote:i trust juls at this point, but i still don't see how she is confirmed.
With this being a no-reveal, I fail to see how anybody, for that matter, is confirmed.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #865 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:If Coug wants to send me a communique now (if he believes me to be town) and tell me if he is vanilla or not then that would be awesome.
Believe it or not, I already spent my communiqué for today... on you. While I have regained some trust in you (therefore,
unvote: Juls
and revert to a
vote: don_johnson
for the same reasons as before), I'm still really not comfortable making whether or not I'm vanilla public knowledge. If you still have the communiqué for today available, use it on me and I'll respond with the password you give me for the answer.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #867 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:Stranger. I have used my communique for today. Using the communique you sent me...Use the first password if you are vanilla, the second password if you are not.
Dartboard.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #869 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

skitzer, is the first sentence of the post you just made also directed at Juls? I'm a tad confused.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #874 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

don_johnson wrote:coug: please explain. i don't remember you voting for me. also, did you see my role claim?
hohum voted you for some reason that blew my mind. I actually did see your claim—in fact, I allowed hohum's vote on you to stand because masons make little sense to me in a game like this. (I also agree with Rhinox that the claim was stupid.) I later voted Juls for rolefishing and contradicting herself, and when Juls explained herself (if partially), I reverted to you.

Juls, is it OK with you if I talk to don_johnson about the communiqué I sent you?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #876 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, don_johnson: I used my communiqué on Juls to ask her opinion of your claim, and she said she's undecided (at least at that point). She has the right to think what she wants of you, but I think masons would balance this game too much to the town. I only count one completed game on my modding record, but my logic regarding roles isn't entirely shot.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #882 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

don_johnson wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:OK, don_johnson: I used my communiqué on Juls to ask her opinion of your claim, and she said she's undecided (at least at that point). She has the right to think what she wants of you, but I think masons would balance this game too much to the town. I only count one completed game on my modding record, but my logic regarding roles isn't entirely shot.
how would you have any idea about the balance of this game unless you had concrete knowledge beyond your own role?
Don't yell at me for not answering this because that's the first time I've gotten around to reading it.

The answer is simple. Experience playing Mafia. I have not seen a mini game that has had three Mafia goons, an SK, and a compulsive vigilante, for example—that's unbalanced against the town if not swingy. (I've run a game with three Mafia, an SK, and a
one-shot
vig, and I didn't like the end result.) As another example, there's a game I've played as scum with a lot of investigative roles that I was lynched in because my fakeclaim did not fit, and that was a normal.

I am not psychic, but if you play long enough you get better at figuring out what pieces fit in the puzzle and what don't. That's because, in an ideal game of Mafia, the scum has an equal chance of winning to the town, though it might vary slightly. I have been on this site seven months longer than you, so unless you have a legitimate reason for pursuing this issue any further, I suggest you find a better use for your time.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #887 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:03 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

don_johnson wrote:a) who's yelling?
You for asking me to answer a question that I have not yet read as if I were intentionally ignoring it.
don_johnson wrote:b) this is a no reveal set up.
The only difference a no-reveal makes to me is that we don't know what anybody is upon their death. I fail to see how this affects the likelihood of something being in the setup itself.
don_johnson wrote:how does a mason unbalance this set up? i would like you to specifically address this question.
Everybody has a communiqué that they can use during the day, and my role gives me good reason to believe that most if not all of us also have a night communiqué. Isn't that enough opportunity for town to legally talk outside of the game?
don_johnson wrote:c) my legitimate reason is this: the only way you could know anything about the balance is if you have knowledge outside of your own role.
Which, in a game like this, says absolutely nothing about me being scum.
Rhinox wrote:
coug wrote:The answer is simple. Experience playing Mafia. I have not seen a mini game that has had three Mafia goons, an SK, and a compulsive vigilante, for example—that's unbalanced against the town if not swingy. (I've run a game with three Mafia, an SK, and a one-shot vig, and I didn't like the end result.) As another example, there's a game I've played as scum with a lot of investigative roles that I was lynched in because my fakeclaim did not fit, and that was a normal.
I don't see the relevance of this paragraph. The examples you give do nothing to show how a mason pair unbalances the game in favor of the town. All this is, is one big appeal to authority. Why are you trying to get us to believe that you're so much smartner than us, and we should just accept what you say as law?
I am not trying to get you to believe that I am smarter than you (nor does that mean that I am a complete idiot).

Balance = the chances of one team winning and the other team winning. As I said, this should ideally be equal, but it might swing slightly one way or the other. I think mason swings it too much in communiqué. I am not claiming to have definitive knowledge of the balance. Maybe, by sheer coincidence, three Mafia, an SK, and a compulsive vigilante really do exist here. Maybe don_johnson really is a mason with whomever he told Juls. However, I don't have good reason to believe either. We'd lose the former in no time at all, and I simply don't think the latter fits with the theme.

Setup = the actual roles in play. Juls may or may not know exactly what I am, but I will say up front for argument purposes that I am not a role that tells me who anybody is (therefore, I am not counterclaiming don_johnson), and nobody has claimed roles to me à la communiqué. You make a good point with the balance/setup relationship, Rhinox, but I find the setup argument relevant only as far as my questioning don_johnson's claim is concerned. By questioning don_johnson's role, I am not questioning any other claimed role. It is entirely possible that don_johnson is lying through his teeth to Juls, but that does not make Juls scum; it only means that Juls should proceed with caution.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #889 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sigh... OK, Rhinox, you win.
Unvote: don_johnson

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #891 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinox, apply the following codex to the communiqué Ectomancer gave hohum on Day 1 and respond to the question with the first password in the communiqué if the answer is yes, the second password if no, and the third-to-last word if you don't know or are unsure.

57 16 3 32 17 40 6 25 47+2 48-1 34 55 71 61+1 32 25-1 62 35 20+1 44 46 35 63 11 43-1 40 74 41-3 5 65 18-1 52 70 14+1 62 32 8+1

(+1 is the letter alphabetically after the corresponding letter, +2 the one after that, and so on. Same logic with -1 being the letter alphabetically before, -2 the one before that, and so on. Ignore spaces and punctuation. Guess what you've taught me about earlier today, Rhinox—resourcefulness :P)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #893 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:DJ...I kinda get what you are saying...heavy emphasis on the kinda. Do you understand the codex thing now that Rhinox explained it? If you do, use it liberally because I am not smart enough to figure out your agenda. Each # is associated with a letter in the communique. If you want to say something you code a message based on the position it appears in one of your communiques (your choice). So if your communique was "Hi there", H=1, i=2, t=3, h=4...etc.
I just made it a little more complex, but it is not the object of the town in Mafia to confuse people.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #895 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:Coug...you should know...that message that you are using as a codex exist in this thread. Hohum posted what ectomancer sent him. In the future you might want to communicate with Rhinox using a different one.
Not like it hurts the town to know for this particular one, but thanks for waking me up.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #897 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Casey wrote:Whoa, this game exploded with activity! I'll post when I get enough time to read everything - there's definitely things I want to post about.
And just like that, it goes away for most of the day. How ironic.

Mod: Please prod everybody that has not posted on this page.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #907 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinox wrote:@coug: that was a painful codex to decipher. :P you were also off on at least 1 letter, unless we have a new character named don johnsoa ;)
Oops. I promise not to speak in this game again until I give it another readthrough.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #908 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Reread it and felt like I was being dragged through the mud—I
STILL
have nothing decent. Rhinox shot down my don_johnson case, I should not be voting Juls if I'm entrusting her with information, I don't suspect Rhinox buddying with Juls enough to warrant even FoS'ing the former, and I have no good leads elsewhere.

Vote: No Lynch
. I said this was OK as a last resort, and right now my brain is shot. I don't anticipate enough activity to get anything decent out of today either.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #942 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinox wrote:I use microsoft excel. Works well, after typing out the whole message letter by letter in individual cells.

Code: Select all

Idosomethinglikethis

Just read up.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #952 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Flameaxe wrote:I'll join your wagon while I'm here to get rid of this dead weight (the same dead weight that has been on V/LA, not like that matters or anything). Get your fucking head out of your ass, thank you.

Vote: Flameaxe
Why the hell have you chosen to vote yourself rather than make an attempt at scumhunting?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #962 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:23 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Let's get rid of the decorations.

Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: Flameaxe
for doing absolutely nothing useful nor helpful.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1008 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinox wrote:
flameaxe wrote:Budja: As I've asked in thread to other people, please outline why a self-vote is so scummy. "Because." is not an acceptable answer.
The reason its scummy is simple and obvious. A vote is a declaration that you want to see the target lynched. You self voted. Either its an admission of guilt, or you're voting to lynch someone you know to be town.

The latter goes against your win condition, so I automatically assume no town player would ever purposefully act against their win condition. Thus, you're either scum try to cause a rukus, or townie who is actively trying to work against the town. Either way, thats lynchworthy to me. Ridding the town of players intentionally trying to hurt the town is just as good as lynching scum.
I think you hit the nail right on the head here. How I see it: If you're going to vote yourself, self-hammer as scum. In Mini 698, I self-hammered as scum on Day 1 because there was serious doubt as to my doctor claim. I was almost certain another player would be lynched, but when the wagon swung my way and I saw no way of getting it off, I thought about "town shouldn't be lynching a claimed doctor on Day 1, even if the claim is false", and the rest is history. (I would be the only Mafia casualty.)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1017 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I feel better about my vote now. It actually serves a greater purpose than to get rid of dead weight.

Not to mention that I can't help but realize how dangerous of a scumhunter Rhinox is. I'm not saying he's definitively town, but I'm leaning that way.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1022 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinox wrote:Juls, there were a few typos in the translation - I can't comprehend the whole message message. Sorry :(
Apparently, I'm not the only person who can't count xD

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1028 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Could we have a massprod? This game is falling apart.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1044 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Budja wrote:To make myself clear, I didn't mean "hate" as in dislike there.
What other kind of hate is there?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1054 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:38 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

skitzer wrote:I'm here

I need to look at that sudden Flameaxe case: I don't like how it just rose and then disappeared.
If you ask me, I don't see a reason for town to self-vote. That's enough for me :P

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1059 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:40 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

don_johnson wrote:though i can't confirm his alignment, he is my mason partner and i am not willing to condemn him for killa7 type play at this stage of the game.
I don't know about anybody else on the Flameaxe wagon, but I associate killa seven with lurking, which is not what I'm voting Flameaxe for. I'm voting him for voting himself, and if he's a mason, he has absolutely
NO
reason to do that.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1062 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

don_johnson wrote:uh, actually, his self vote spurred some discussion. i have seen townies self vote in situations like this before so i consider it a null tell. if after 43 pages all you have to go on is a self vote then you are not really trying.
Of the other people I've suspected of being scum, roffman has already been lynched; I know what I am (I thought hohum was scummy before I picked up his role); something's wrong in my mind with simultaneously trusting and voting Juls; my suspicions of Rhinox have all involved specific scumbuddy connections, which is void if none of them exist; and Rhinox blew up my only case on you, which was for the claim.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1064 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinox wrote:
coug wrote:Of the other people I've suspected of being scum, roffman has already been lynched; I know what I am (I thought hohum was scummy before I picked up his role); something's wrong in my mind with simultaneously trusting and voting Juls;
my suspicions of Rhinox have all involved specific scumbuddy connections, which is void if none of them exist
; and Rhinox blew up my only case on you, which was for the claim.
I'm wondering if you would mind expanding on this a bit.

I'm just wondering how many "If
[player x]
is scum, then Rhinox is scum" scenarios you have prepared. If you pool enough players for "player x", statistacally one of them is bound to be scum.
Juls especially, and I believe I brought don_johnson into this mix (and if I haven't, I am now). So, two.

But really, the only thing I can yell at you for is defending them. I remember you explaining away Juls as getting a package from her, and I bought your explanation of the don_johnson claim. I can pretty safely say you're low on my list of suspects.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1068 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I'm still trying to fathom a reason for a BSG NK. Between her and the person she replaced, they only produced a total of 9 posts. There's no hint of power role breadcrumbing, and no vendetta against a specific player. In fact, there are no votes or strong statements of suspicion against anyone. The only statement of scumminess came against Hohum, yet she was quite opposed to a Roffman lynch or a Hohum lynch on D1. Since she wasn't an overly active contributor or a strong voice, I don't see how opposition to the two major wagons at the end of D1 could threaten any mafia group.

It just seems kinda... random.
SK comes to mind, but that would mean that the Mafia kill was blocked. The Mafia could also have decided to play WIFOM games with us.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1075 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Not only am I too lazy to bother asking the mod for yet another massprod, but the last thing I want to do is turn into an annoyance. But yeah, the sooner we find something substantial to work on, the better.

Would everybody against a No Lynch please post your case against your top three suspects?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1082 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Casey wrote:If nobody is going to do or say anything, can we all just vote no lynch so we don't have to wait out our deadline of the nonexistent April 31?
dahill1 wrote:Deadline has been pushed to April 31st because of activity.
I didn't catch that :P

I thought I already was, so
unvote, vote: No Lynch

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1084 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: V/LA this weekend.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1088 (isolation #36) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:it looks like SC is gone the weekend too.
It's because my mom's going to be really busy with some work she has to do.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1093 (isolation #37) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well, since as we're going absolutely nowhere...

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1096 (isolation #38) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Well, since as we're going absolutely nowhere...
Seriously? One day was going to kill him?
What do you mean?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1103 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:33 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:Typically a no lynch takes only 50% is that not the case here dahill?
Looking at his rules, it's a majority just like for a lynch. We don't get deadline lynches, so in theory, if absolutely nobody is voting at deadline...

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1105 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Wish me luck on an employment test I have to take in about four hours.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1108 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Good luck, Juls! What comes around goes around!

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1128 (isolation #42) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

PhilyEc wrote:Seems like we lost a cop early also.
What leads you to think so?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1132 (isolation #43) » Fri May 01, 2009 7:15 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:2. Rhinox was a cop. You knew that Budja claimed Vanilla to me earlier and now you know about Rhinox. I have a feeling Phily could see all my communications yesterday because he knows this information. In other words, we are screwed.
This is making me wonder whom Rhinox investigated, and my first guess is that he got an innocent on you on Night 1. This guess is based only on #850, though.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1134 (isolation #44) » Fri May 01, 2009 7:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls wrote:He got an innocent on BSG...he had planned to investigate Budja last night.
Meaning we can get nothing useful from his investigations since BSG died the night he was investigated according to you. Hip hip hooray ><

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1136 (isolation #45) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:50 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I really hate to play "follow the knowledgeable lady", but I have no other leads ><

Vote: PhilyEc

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1139 (isolation #46) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Remember that roffman's alignment is unknown despite his being lynched, Juls...

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1141 (isolation #47) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

So you think roffman was mislynched, is that correct?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1144 (isolation #48) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sigh... Note to self: Never replace into (or sign up for, for that matter) a no-flip game again. I must admit that I like the concept of communiqués, though.

Are there any other reasons besides my annoying you and what I assume you to believe is my opportunism (this is not an admission that I'm doing so, by the way) that you think I am scum? Right now I'm still trying to get something solid, and you were quick to jump on Budja after convincing reasoning to go after PhilyEc.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1146 (isolation #49) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm half-tempted to skedaddle too.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1150 (isolation #50) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I gave a communiqué to DizzyIzzyB13 last night. No response as of yet.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1162 (isolation #51) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Uhh... Budja, there's more to Juls's vote than that. Voting someone for anti-town behavior is not scummy, to boot.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1164 (isolation #52) » Sat May 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Yes, ma'am.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1166 (isolation #53) » Sat May 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls, if you don't have plans as to what to do with tonight's communiqué, I want you to use it to give me an answer to this. Otherwise, I don't mind you telling me in thread via the same codex. Use the communiqué I gave you on Day 2 and ignore all spaces and punctuation.

46 55 106+2 65 84 1 93 68 27 7 6 87 38 60 76+2 24-1 34 8 48+4 30+1 55 79 33+2 83 104 58 5 50 16 56 43 33-1 87 80 26 54+1 83 46 38 29 77 33 83 39 82 34 68 91 50 9 76+1 42 84

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1168 (isolation #54) » Sat May 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

As if I wanted an answer that I expected her to have to squeeze (note my word usage) into a communiqué. Almost everything I've done so far with communiqués has to do with the recipient's opinion.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1175 (isolation #55) » Wed May 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls, how are we with my #1166? I didn't get anything from anybody last night, so I assume you wanted to use your communiqué for something you felt was more important. That's OK, but an answer would still be nice.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1189 (isolation #56) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Did Jahudo even

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1192 (isolation #57) » Thu May 07, 2009 9:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I think it's safe to say that if there is a fly in Juls's ointment, DizzyIzzyB13 put it there. To answer my own question, Jahudo posted only once and there isn't any content that we can get out of it. That DizzyIzzyB13 hammered without him being given a chance to speak and Jahudo died the next night is making me really suspicious, but I want to try my luck on whom Juls says is unconfirmed first.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1195 (isolation #58) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls, if you are scum, then I am going to shoot myself in the head. I'm going to hold off on voting Budja because I don't want him speedlynched while we wait on him to tell me what roffman was.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1199 (isolation #59) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Budja wrote:No, you could be a mafia postman. Your role is confirmed, your alignment is not.
As I said, if she is scum, then I'm shooting myself in the head. I personally can't go anywhere without playing "follow the leader".

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1204 (isolation #60) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

*holds breath*

Vote: Budja

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1211 (isolation #61) » Thu May 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: The V/LA problems I told you about possibly having next week shouldn't happen.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1214 (isolation #62) » Fri May 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Ignore #1211 and note V/LA from the 10th to the 15th.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1216 (isolation #63) » Fri May 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Looker wrote:i try to make sense of your life, but it has no purpose...
What is the purpose of this post?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1219 (isolation #64) » Fri May 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vanilla townie.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1225 (isolation #65) » Sat May 09, 2009 4:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Juls already knew I was vanilla anyway.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1237 (isolation #66) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:04 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vote: Looker
by process of elimination.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1278 (isolation #67) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I liked the communiqué concept.

I was surprised when the game kept going after Looker got lynched. It's also rare for me to get NK'd—I'm often too scummy to be killed by the Mafia.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1289 (isolation #68) » Wed May 20, 2009 9:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Damn, the Mafia were good code crackers!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”