Moderator:
skitzer
Backup Moderator:
charter

Current Status:
Post-Game
Deadline:
None
Last edited by skitzer on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:30 am, edited 23 times in total.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri May 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by skitzer »

skitzer’s Rules & General Guidelines

Beginning of the Game and Confirmations

At the beginning of the game, after you have received your Role PM and the game thread has been unlocked, please make a post confirming that you have received your Role PM and have found the game thread.

Length of Cooling and Deadline Setting

The length of cooling is determined as follows: The cooling will continue until one of three things happens: A plurality of showers request a deadline, less than three-fourths of showers have posted in the past 72 hours, or the cooling lasts a month (for example, if the cooling started January 1st, a deadline will be placed on February 1st). Then, a deadline will be set for two weeks from the current date. If there is no majority at a deadline, no one will be governed.

Length of Nurse

The length of a nurse will be no shorter than 48 hours, and no longer than 1 week. I will allow the next cooling to start if I have a received all valid nurse choices and all living showers have posted somewhere else on the site, or if the nurse has lasted one week.

Procedures of Vouching and Unvouching

I will only count vouches cast in the thread that follow this format: Vouch: (Username). Unvouches are not necessary unless you are simply unvouching, and not vouching for another shower afterwards. The Username should be specific enough so that it cannot be confused with other usernames in the game.

Vouch Count Information

There will be one vouch count every cooling I have access. Vouch counts will consist of any shower that received vouches or unvouches since the last vouch count. ’Not vouching’ will be included in every vouch count. Prod and replacement information and deadline information will also be included with the vouch count.

Governing and Twilight

Governings occur when a majority of showers are vouching for one shower or No Govern. No vouches placed after the governing vouch was cast will be shown in the final vouch count. All living showers, even the one that will be governed, are free to talk during twilight. Twilight is the period between the time when the governing vouch is cast and the time I update and send the game into nurse.

Prodding and Replacement

Prods are given in these two circumstances: A shower requests a prod or the shower has not posted for 72 hours. If that shower does not post for another 72 hours after their prod, they will be replaced. If a shower needs a fourth prod, they will be notified that they are going to be replaced. They may appeal to me, but all replacement decisions are made at my consent. If a shower is, for any reason, not going to be able to post in the thread for 72 hours or more, they should post this information in the thread or send a PM to me. I’m not very good about checking the Vacation/Limited Access thread.

Format Fixing

Every shower makes mistakes, especially while formatting their posts. I will be happy to fix any formatting errors by request or any that I notice, but please remember that this rule applies only to formatting and I will never delete anything a shower posts by request.

Questions, Complaints, and Comments

No question is a dumb question, as is the same for complaints and comments. showers should PM any of the aforementioned terms they may have.

Illegal Shower Communication

It is, in my opinion, against the spirit of the game for showers to contact other showers by any means when they are not supposed to, so they should do not do it in this game unless their role specifically allows them to.

Quoting Moderator-Sent Messages and Ongoing Games

Posting anything that I have sent to a shower, or posting anything that a shower wants people to think was sent to them by me, is against the rules and they are likely to be killed by the moderator. Posting anything about other ongoing games is also prohibited.

Death and Posting

When a shower has died, they can create a simple “bah” post. They are also free to share feedback after the game has concluded.

Punishments of Rule-Breaking

Punishments for rule breaking are based on the type of game, the severity of the rule breaking, and the rule itself. If the moderator chooses to kill the rule-breaking shower, the cooling will still continue until someone is governed or a deadline is reached. The moderator, and only the moderator, can make changes to the rules, but showers can suggest changes after the game has finished. A basic punishment table is listed below:

Minor Rule Break: Warning
Minor Rule Break After a Warning: Modkill
Major Rule Break: Modkill
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri May 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by skitzer »

All Role PMs have been sent out. Once 6 out of the 7 showers have confirmed in the thread, Cooling 1 will begin.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:15 am

Post by skitzer »

"The trend contradicts a silence."

It is now
Cooling 1
. With 7 living showers, it takes 4 vouches to govern!

Vouch Count

(1) Xylthixlm (Sir Tornado)
(1) Empking (Papa Zito)
(1) Sir Tornado (Empking)

(4) Not Vouching (Mixologist, NabakovNabakov, Sironigous, Xylthixlm)
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Mon May 18, 2009 10:40 am

Post by skitzer »

"How does the monarch react?"

Vouch Count
as of Post 80
(4) NabakovNabakov (Xylthixlm, Sir Tornado, Sironigous, Mixologist)

(1) Sir Tornado (Empking)

(2) Not Vouching (Papa Zito, NabakovNabakov)

With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!

Sir Tornado responds over the breeds. The weasel spells, "X-Y-L-T-H-I-X-L-M," around his friends. The declining eater polishes Xylthixlm before another used pope. Why can't Xylthixlm ring Sir Tornado? Sir Tornado rides Xylthixlm with good manner. Why do
The Notable
crack outside an automatic intellect?

NabakovNabakov disappoints a Survivor beside the indicator. When can NabakovNabakov scan a Survivor? NabakovNabakov drains another disorder after the pumping. A bigoted telephone lies.
A Survivor riots inside NabakovNabakov
. The person's answer twists.

Mixologist strikes: A living design beside the matching filter. Mixologist gangs with Sironigous. Sironigous shines; he is the agreed fundamentalist. The quarter blow sickens one near Mixologist. The threats cycle against the distinctive pardon. The offset prefaces Sironigous with each mined bargain.

NabakovNabakov, Ruining, a Survivor, governed Cooling 1

It is now
Nurse 1
. You have a maximum of 1 week to send in any actions.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #5) » Wed May 20, 2009 8:22 am

Post by skitzer »

"With the pleasure shifts a color boundary."

Around his balancing skills waffles the fit substitute. A verbal bottle clips a deal on acid. Why does the sick toy burn opposite his balancing skills? The unfortunate censorship omits the ringing vicar. Papa Zito blows in the stopped valley.

His management rests against an owner. Did Papa Zito faint? Did an untrue quota fish for Papa Zito? Our struggle is what beards Papa Zito. How will this management experiment behind Papa Zito?

Papa Zito, Font, a Tracker, managed Nurse 1

It is now
Cooling 2
. With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Fri May 22, 2009 9:19 am

Post by skitzer »

"The stare boosts a twin over an aided boundary."

Vouch Count
as of Post 100
(1) Sironigous (Xylthixlm)

(4) Not Vouching (Empking, Mixologist, Sironigous, Sir Tornado)

With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Tue May 26, 2009 8:18 am

Post by skitzer »

"The bean elaborates before the teacher."

Vouch Count
as of Post 117
(1) Sironigous (Empking)

(4) Not Voting (Mixologist, Sironigous, Sir Tornado, Xylthixlm)

With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:26 am

Post by skitzer »

Mixologist has not responded in any way to his prod. I will be finding a replacement for him.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 am

Post by skitzer »

Still no replacement for Mix. Mass prod going out now.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:55 am

Post by skitzer »

Sajin replaces Mixologist.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 am

Post by skitzer »

"The hum retracts a horse."

Vouch Count
as of Post 166
(2) Sironigous (Sajin, Xylthixlm)

(3) Not Vouching (Empking, Sir Tornado, Xylthixlm)

With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!

See sig.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:21 am

Post by skitzer »

"A dialect aborts past the skull."

Vouch Count
as of Post 172
(3) Sironigous (Sajin, Xylthixlm, Sir Tornado)

(2) Not Vouching (Empking, Sironigous)

With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!

Sajin sneaks inside Xylthixlm. Xylthixlm implements the diameter after a provoking combat. Throughout the nonsense they believe the twist. Xylthixlm disciplines Sajin. The computerized journalist boggles under Xylthixlm. Xylthixlm postpones the weather with the sect.

His diary hurts next to Sironigous. When can
our railway
arch a cuckoo faucet? When will the ethnic triangle duck underneath Sir Tornado? The pride sprays the crime. Sironigous experiments inside Sir Tornado. Each exam fights a fitted grace.

A flying cartoon bobs opposite a dyed menu. Why does the typesetting storm escape outside Railway, a Mafia Godfather? Railway, a Mafia Godfather recovers the venture.
Why won't Sironigous smell before Railway, a Mafia Godfather?
Every optimum anomaly inherits the era. The juvenile chord hires the accumulated culprit.

Sironigous, Railway, a Mafia Godfather, governed Cooling 2

It is now
Nurse 2
. You have a maximum of 1 week to send in any actions.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 am

Post by skitzer »

Any changes to actions must be made by tomorrow.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:35 am

Post by skitzer »

"How will the shot symptom station the forest?"

A plastered lifetime mints Sir Tornado around a kettle. The military orders Sir Tornado to go behind the metal. Sir Tornado herds his painting skills. His painting skills recover underneath the silver.

Sir Tornado inserts the mother opposite its liaison. This unpopular characteristic condenses his management near an associate. This management cracks below Sir Tornado. Sir Tornado cruises. Why won't this management relax beneath Sir Tornado?

Sir Tornado, Pulp, a Doctor, managed Nurse 2

It is now
Cooling 3
. With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 am

Post by skitzer »

"The objective treks throughout the cruel horde."

Vouch Count
as of Post 195
(2) Empking (Sajin, Xylthixlm)

(1) Not Vouching (Empking)

With
living showers, it takes
vouches to govern!

The conduct accommodates Sajin opposite the anagram. Xylthixlm reasons. Xylthixlm fears! Sajin institutes Xylthixlm.

The overhead disregard disconnects an album. The money hesitates! Xylthixlm ruins a populated assault. Empking falls around Xylthixlm.

Sajin reads below the scheme. When will the eyesight drown his existence? How will Xylthixlm leap upon Sajin? Xylthixlm reigns above Sajin.

Throughout a constant bounces whatever separate taste. With a mailbox thirsts the designate tangent. Xylthixlm discriminates within a clear interior. Xylthixlm counts under the postcard. Xylthixlm straws a frog next to the inexperienced throughput. Xylthixlm expects a changeover above the stable officer.

Empking, Top, a Townie, governed Cooling 3
Sajin, Background, a Townie, endgamed Cooling 3

Xylthixlm, Node, a Serial Killer, wins Mini 794!

Mod notes to come later.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 am

Post by skitzer »

Here is the Setup:
1 Mafia Godfather (Cop Immune, NK Immune) [Sironigous]
1 Serial Killer (Cop Immune, NK Immune) [Xylthixlm]
1 Survivor (Must visit someone each night) [NabakovNabakov]
1 Doctor [Sir Tornado]
1 Tracker [Papa Zito]
2 Townies [Mixologist Sajin (Background), Empking (Top)]
The word switches, most of which were figured out by the end of day 1
Background = Townie #2
Balance = Tracker Track
Cooling = Day
Font = Tracker
Govern = Lynch
Inform = Survivor Visit
Manage = Mafia Godfather Nightkill
Node = Serial Killer
Nurse = Night
Offensive = Investigation
Paint = Doctor Protect
Pulp = Doctor
Railway = Mafia Godfather
Respond = Serial Killer Nightkill
Ruining = Survivor
Shower = Player
Top = Townie #1
Vouch = Vote
The Role PMs:
One (1) Player will receive the following Mafia Godfather Role PM:
You are Railway, a Mafia Godfather. Each Nurse, you may choose a player to Manage. Managing a player successfully will kill them. You are immune to all other kills during the Nurse. You are also immune to all Offensives. During the Cooling, You may Vouch one other player. If a player receives a majority of Vouches, they be Governed and killed. You win when only Mafia members remain.

You do not know if there are any other Mafia Members.

One (1) Player will recieve the following Serial Killer Role PM:
You are Node, a Serial Killer. Each Nurse, you may choose a player to Manage. Managing a player successfully will kill them. You are immune to all other kills during the Nurse. You are also immune to all Offensives. During the Cooling, You may Vouch one other player. If a player receives a majority of Vouches, they be Governed and killed. You win when you are the last player alive.

One (1) Player will receive the following Survivor Role PM:
You are Ruining, a Survivor. Each Nurse, you must choose a player to Inform. Informing a player successfully has no effect whatsoever. During the Cooling, You may Vouch one other player. If a player receives a majority of Vouches, they be Governed and killed. You win if you are alive when another faction wins.

One (1) Player will receive the following Tracker Role PM:
You are Font, a Tracker. Each Nurse, you may choose a player to Balance. Balancing a player successfully allows you to see who they visited during that Nurse. During the Cooling, You may Vouch one other player. If a player receives a majority of Vouches, they be Governed and killed. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

One (1) Player will receive the following Doctor Role PM:
You are Pulp, a Doctor. Each Nurse, you may choose a player to Paint. Painting a player successfully will protect them from one kill during the Nurse. During the Cooling, You may Vouch one other player. If a player receives a majority of Vouches, they be Governed and killed. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Two (2) Players will receive the following Townie Role PM:
You are Top/Background, a Townie. You may not do anything during the Nurse. During the Cooling, You may Vouch one other player. If a player receives a majority of Vouches, they be Governed and killed. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The Night actions:

Nurse 1:
Sironigous Manages/Kills: Papa Zito
Xylthixlm Manages/Kills: Sironigous
Papa Zito Balances/Tracks: Empking
Sir Tornado Paints/Protects: Xylthixlm

Nurse 2:
Xylthixlm Manages/Kills: Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado Paints/Protects: Sajin

My views:
I'm not quite sure the setup was unbalanced, I just think I didn't expect the survivor to be so revealing and get lynched Cooling 1. It also didn't help that the useful Tracker was killed Nurse 1.

Almost everything was randomly generated using parts of this site. I was surprised at how applicable some of the "scene flavor" was when all I did was just make minor changes to random paragraphs I generated.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:53 am

Post by skitzer »

Yeah, I always try to make the Voting to Lynch sentence in my role PMs the same, because that doesn't need to be changed.

Also, if you look at the word list, Xylthixlm and Sironigous's kill methods were supposed to be different; After realizing my mistake, I looked at their Role PMs and decided to not change anything. It worked out pretty well.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am

Post by skitzer »

I can agree. I think I'm just trying to convince my game wasn't as off-kilter as I suspected. :|

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”