The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

On the charter wagon, funnily enough, it's the instigators rather than the jumpers who look scummy. Really looks like you went, 'oh! He proposed a bad plan! SCUM!' (which never actually happens) without even trying to engage him on the merits of the argument or gauge his sincerity. Later on, the fakeclaim etc meant he had to die. Braeden's active lurking whilst pushing a town wagon looks the scummiest, imho.

Grimmy does absolutely zero scumhunting, for the first few pages after replacing in. Also decides to produce a list of possible name-role combinations, and goshdarnit if that isn't antitown if he's part of the town.

I feel that Nightfall is wrong on the whole joke vote bandwagon (well, except in newbie games- i was once hammered in a newbie game because i got a couple of random 'ehhh!' type votes, then someone voted me for being a patriots fan, then another n00b hammered me because it was two days into the game and no-one had died yet). I often find that baseless bandwagoning is a great way to unsettle people and get them to drop small clues as to alignment.

My God, page 11 is an active lurkfest.
Grimmy wrote: I made a post based on my first read through.
my check-ins are to let everyone know im still in the game and to not get prodded or replaced.
yet this is vote worthy?
Yes, yes it is.

you make it sound like I am the ONLY person in this game who hasnt contributed.
Cut-throat defence. If you didn't inherently think undercontribution is scummy, then it wouldn't matter whether other people are doing it.

Acfan is full of win here.
Alabaska J wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:Grimmy seemed incredibly anti-town
i don't think i'd go that far.
I would.
Nightfall wrote:My issues with the wagon were that
1. By the time the 6th vote was cast, 50% of the votes were on one player
2. None of the players voting that player gave a (serious) reason for their vote
3. When questioned about their votes those users would become confrontational and attack players that questioned their vote.
1. Did you expect the first or second players to give serious reasons for their votes?
2. See above.
3. Well, I tend to think that overreacting to RVS bandwagons that aren't actually in danger of lynching anyone are something of a scumtell. Not a huge tell, because some people are just annoyingly overcautious. But worth a vote.
Zilla wrote: I'm debating on whether we should examine his wagon, or examine the people calling to examine his wagon. I'm leaning more toward the latter, I think Charter's lynch was mostly town led and scum are trying to capitalize on that.
I disagree; could you explain why you think that?

If we're going the other route and examining the wagon, I'm suspicious how how Megatheory's vote carried all the way from RVS to lynch, even though his vote wasn't all that random.
I'm not at all suspicious, given that he flaked two weeks before the lynch actually happened. His posts felt a tiny bit dodgy to me in a way i can't really put my finger on, but what you cited is not a reason for suspicion.

343 makes me feel better about Zilla.

Jebus with more active lurking. IESUS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
Jebus wrote:You replaced Yawetog, who I found scummy. You are not scummy, and I tend to trust replacements, so I unvoted and went to my other choice.
Significant craplogic here.

Roleblocker is a very easy scum claim, for obvious reasons.
Jebus wrote:
Vote: Alabaska

For the sake of having my vote somewhere at the moment.
BE MORE SCUM.
ac1983fan wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:
who replaced gamma? if they or ac can confirm my ability that would help.
I have no night choice, and I cannot confirm you have the ability to role block.
Meh, that's rolefishing of the classic sense, since it's presented in a reasonable-sounding manner, but will tell you if the player in question is a PR.

Oh God, Braeden was still in this game?

458: I'm sorry, Jebus, but I don't see how you could have Zilla as your LEAST SUSPICIOUS PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE GAME if you found Yawetag scummy.

Re: Edgar Mallory, I tend to think if it were made up, he would just have claimed 'Go to jail.'
Zilla wrote:The claim of the officer is still suspicious, even though it's a part of the monopoly game. It conflicts with the Get Out Of Jail Free card being protown.
OGM.
Zilla wrote: If scum knows their fellow scummates aren't lurkers, they can easily lead mislynches against lurkers. Therefore, in prosecuting lurkers, it should couple their lack of valid response in their posts with actual arguments against them.
Lurking is scummy, PRECISELY because it makes it impossible to make a case based on their posts.

Jebus is the play, people. THough I want to know what has happened with Braeden.

Vote: Jebus
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnny Ray...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

Vote: Kill the noob

Being subjective about this opens up a GIGANTIC can of worms.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:30 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'd love you to explain your townread on Jebus, DGB.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

DrippingGoofball wrote: Above are the players that were on the charter wagon. One of them is a dead, cleared townie. I can see one scum on this wagon, easily.
I can. Jebus and Braeden are my top picks.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

Except that I don't see how you can argue Pacman was particularly scummy. He claimed repeatedly to have serious connection issues- this is borne out by the fact that he was replaced without ever having returned to the game in earnest. (Braeden, on the other hand, was active lurking a ton).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well, no, Fonz didn't say that: it's well known that I consider antitown behaviour a scumtell, because irrational town and irrational scum will balance each other out, but rational scum will act scummy whilst rational town never will.

What CTD seems to be missing, in 'it starts as an attack on Grimmy then segues into one on Jebus' are the following points: 1. It's a chronological analysis of the game before I showed up, and the Grimmy things generally occurred before the Jebus things- and Grimmy's posts have been more game related later on 2. That I'm voting Jebus by no means implies i don't suspect Grimmy 3. Grimmy supports the Alabaska wagon, which I don't like and to which Jebus seems to be the logical alternative. 4. Jebus' 'I'm voting for the sake of voting' and 'my top suspect has become my bottom suspect, simply by virtue of being replaced' strike me as big scumtells.

He's not actually commented on the merits of the points of my case; all CTD has done is said that because my comments were critical of Grimmy, but more critical and leading to a vote on Jebus, I must be buddies with grimmy. Which is logic that would shame a four-year-old.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Except that I don't see how you can argue Pacman was particularly scummy. He claimed repeatedly to have serious connection issues- this is borne out by the fact that he was replaced without ever having returned to the game in earnest. (Braeden, on the other hand, was active lurking a ton).
Except pacman himself admitted to being actively lurking. If the guy himself thinks he could be posting more, I think I'll safely dismiss his replacement's claim that it was all because of connection issues.
The problem is, if you're claiming his posts were deliberate active lurkers, why are you ignoring the very much worse offenders?
The Fonz wrote:What CTD seems to be missing, in 'it starts as an attack on Grimmy then segues into one on Jebus' are the following points: 1. It's a chronological analysis of the game before I showed up,

I did not miss that the analysis you made is presented in chronological order. But for you to claim that it is "a chronological analysis of the game before [you] showed up" is more than a little hyperbole.
Get a dictionary. Look up 'hyperbole.' There is nothing hyperbolic about accurately describing something as an assessment of things that stood out before I replaced into the game.
The reason I find it scummy is because it seems to be tailored for a purpose.
Commenting on things that stand out as scummy has an ulterior motive?

Some stuff on Grimmy (possibly to distance), followed by more stuff on Jebus, sprinkled with some comments on unrelated stuff inbetween to mask the design. There's a number of people you don't comment on at all, and there's even a number of things you failed to mention that are crucial to your analysis. Like...
So I comment on things that happen early, then in the middle, then late, and that's part of some scummy conspiracy to distance from Grimmy?
The Fonz wrote: My own thoughts on Grimmy's play will follow later. I will just note here that you failed to mention Grimmy's supposed shift in behavior in your "analysis of the game" or whether it impacted your view of him/her. Which illustrates my point that your initial analysis was shady.
Becvause Grimmy's later posts weren't particularly noteworthy, imho.
The Fonz wrote:2. That I'm voting Jebus by no means implies i don't suspect Grimmy
And yet you didn't want DGB to elaborate on why she found Grimmy "TOTALLY TOWN".
Because it wasn't as utterly bizarre as finding Jebus town. Plus, there was a lot of Asshole in Grimmy's play, which could well be explained by meta.

The Fonz wrote:He's not actually commented on the merits of the points of my case; all CTD has done is said that because my comments were critical of Grimmy, but more critical and leading to a vote on Jebus, I must be buddies with grimmy. Which is logic that would shame a four-year-old.
The first part of this is true. I haven't commented on the merits of the points in your case because I haven't studied it in detail. Everything else, however, is a gross misrepresentation of what I've said. I find you both scummy, individually and on your own. That there is possible evidence of you two being scumbuddies merely reinforces my suspicions about you.
No; EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID is a gross misreprensentation of my position. (Both individually and on my own? Hehe.) You seem to find the very act of writing as-you-go-along replacement posts scummy. Your theory is a post that was obviously made by commenting on each noteworthy post as i went along, was a deliberately preconceived attempt to distance from Grimmy whilst not voting him.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote: The only thing you seem to have concluded is that Jebus is scum.
And this is a bad thing, how? That's precisely what a town player should be looking for- who is scum.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (isolation #9) » Tue May 05, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall, explain your suspicion of me. You haven't listed Grimmy as a suspect, so it can't be the same as CTD's case, but i don't recall offhand (and i don't have time to trawl your posts now) what it is.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #10) » Fri May 08, 2009 8:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

unvote, Vote Alabaska J

Whilst I'm suspicious of pretty much everyone on this wagon, he's not obvtown, and we can't really afford to nl.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #11) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote: I'm tempted to go right back to Fonz for reasons outlined yesterday and his rather questionable hammering post (I don't object to the hammer itself, though it did cut me off from getting a post in when I came online the day of the deadline, but that's mostly my own problem - I had been busy)
What's questionable about it, CTD? I expressed my opposition to the wagon. Given that deadline was a few hours away, there was no other viable wagon. Would you have preferred a no-lynch?

Grimmy coming up scum increases my suspicion of CTD, simply because there's now an obvious reason why 'Fonz appears to be defending Grimmy, vote Fonz' makes sense as an argument to push.

but I suspect we are in lylo, and there's no reason to rush. From memory, i lean towards ac1983fan being pro-town, so I'm looking at scum within the group of Nightfall/DGB/Fonz.
I'd agree with LyLo. Likely 4T, 2S.
ac1983fan wrote:
Zilla wrote:Props to me for causing the unlocking!
Heyyyy I sent a message to StrangerSSK too....
As did I...
Nightfall wrote:
CrashTextDummie wrote:I think it's safe to assume that Jebus had innocent results on Zilla and myself.
Sorry but how do you figure this?

It would be my guess that he investigated Zilla and Ala getting innocents on both (notice he seemed to not want to vote for Ala?), or he investigated Zila and AC and got a guilty on AC? He was voting him for most of yesterday.
Suggesting that you yourself were investigated if the evidence is anything but compelling is scummy.

I would have expected a cop-Jebus with an innocent on Ala to claim yesterday, since an incorrect lynch would put us in LyLo, and the people who looked remotely likely to be lynched were a) Jebus himself and b) Alabaska.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #12) » Thu May 14, 2009 5:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

The wagon was on a) a claimed powerrole who I b) thought was innocent based on c) shit reasoning as a counterwagon to d) Jebus, who i thought was scum.

No, that's clearly not a reason to be suspicious of it...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (isolation #13) » Thu May 14, 2009 5:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Jebus wasn't on the wagon. Grimmy wasn't on the wagon.
I actually thought both were, fwiw. As it happens, Grimmy was pulling the 'i'll FoS and vote if needed' trick- i read that as a vote.
I wasn't on the wagon.
I didn't suspect you. I thought you were irrational, not scummy. Attacking me did not seem like a particularly sensible move for scum at that point. Grimmy coming up scum has made me reconsider.

The only person that was actually on the wagon that you've ever voiced any kind of suspicion of before was DGB.
Correct. So, DGB, Grimmy, Jebus... and as I've noted before, I comment on who should be lynched. Giving opinions on everyone in the game is not only something i don't do, but something i consider scummy.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #14) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right, since it's LyLo, there's no real downside to this, so I've had enough of your shit, CTD. And for once, I have a remedy other than anger available to me.

The reason I expressed suspicion of Grimmy but didn't wagon him was because no-one else seemed interested in a Grimmy wagon, there was a deadline impending,
and I had a bullet with his name on it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (isolation #15) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

It's a claim of responsibility for the Grimmy vigging. I'll fullclaim when we massclaim, which will hopefully be soon.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (isolation #16) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

Lulz. It'd be a pretty poor SK who didn't kill until N3, no?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (isolation #17) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

Seriously? SKs should never claim vig.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #18) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Read any of the Md discussions on the subject.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (isolation #19) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by The Fonz »

You do know I've not claimed, right?

I want DGB to claim first, however.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (isolation #20) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by The Fonz »

True. I'm merely making the point that there's more to come, ie rolename and any other night actions i may or may not have performed.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (isolation #21) » Sun May 17, 2009 7:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Zilla wrote:That seems a poor choice considering I was breadcrumbed as investigated by a cop.
Again, with a scum bus driver, we can't take anything for granted.
DGB, you appear to be unaware of how the combo of target switching and investigations work. If your target is switched, you told who your result is on.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #22) » Sun May 17, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Go, a JOAT. Shooting Grimmy was the only night action i've taken thus far (apparently Pacman tried to shoot Braeden earlier, but timed out). The other two are a doc protect and a roleblock.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #23) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

We have, including the dead confirmeds, five claimed townies. I don't see any way the game has fewer than four. At most one of the claimed VTs, therefore, is scum.

DGB = scum already struck me as likely, since Grimmy was incredibly scummy and wasn't bussed. The claim arithmetic makes me basically as sure as i can be in a mafia game (ie, about 70%).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (isolation #24) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, can someone with knowledge of the American version of Monopoly tell me what colour Boardwalk is? I'm familiar with the London version.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (isolation #25) » Sat May 23, 2009 8:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall wrote:My thoughts on DGB's claim

DGB = Boardwalk with a hotel?
This part of DGB's claim I can believe. Braeden was against name claiming because he thought that power roles would be outed because people know the special or "infamous" spaces. Boardwalk with a hotel is a very infamous space and looking at the other roles claimed it's very reasonable to believe that scum would have targeted him if we name claimed.

Boardwalk with hotel = Tracker?
In terms of flavour I can see this being true. However, just because something would work flavour wise doesn't make things true in this game. We found that out with "get out of jail free" and the "officer" (Go to jail).

DGB = Boardwalk with hotel = Tracker = Town?
I went back and forth on this one many times. The result.... I'm not sure...

But, I am actually
leaning
more towards town.
Given the vanilla townie situation, this being true would make YOU almost certain scum in my eyes.

Zilla wrote:Boardwalk is the most valuable property in the game, light blue. Mediterranean (that's me) was the least valuable property and is dark blue. St. Charles is just past jail, and is pink/purple. Illinois Avenue is past Free Parking and is red.
Huh? I thought the colours were the same. In the London version, the cheapest properties are brown, and the most expensive dark blue (Park Lane and Mayfair).

Also... can I have your thoughts on my analysis of the vanilla situation? It seems like they've just been ignored.
CrashTextDummie wrote:
Zilla wrote:I'm a little nonplussed by CTD's non-reaction to me naming him as one of my two top-suspects. The most reaction it got was a subtle OMGUS saying I'm worth looking at.
What kind of reaction where you looking for? There is no case against me and up until your vote today, there was no drive to get me lynched. DGB and Nightfall didn't react to me naming them my two top suspects, does that nonplus you as well?
No case? Trying to tie a town player to a scum not ring any bells?

DGB and Nightfall have so far neglected to make any indication of who they suspect to be scum today at all. That strikes me as scummy
Agreed. Especially since at least one of them is scum.

Also, I'd like people's opinions on the possibility that the game has all of the following: a cop, a roleblocker, a JOAT, a one-shot doc, AND a tracker. That's five pretty good power roles right there. And we definitely have four of them.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #26) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:24 am

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Fonz wrote: No case? Trying to tie a town player to a scum not ring any bells?
1. That's not a case.
CTD, you should have been around long enough to know that 'I suspect my scumbuddy, but only by association with this townie, and i want this townie killed first' is a very common scum distancing manouevre.
2. I am not the least bit appologetic for my stance on this yesterday. I got one scum right and one scum wrong. The reason I suspected you of being scum together was your inconsistent behavior towards her, and this turned out to be an accurate read, as you yourself stated that you made a conscious internal decision to stop attacking her because you decided to shoot her instead.
BUT...

Your 'suspicion' of
him
was ENTIRELY driven by the fact that in my recap post where i pointed out the most suspicious behaviour of the game, I pointed out a lot of things that Grimmy did that were scummy, but didn't vote him.

You completely ignored the fact that Jebus was even scummier, made arguments that made no logical sense, and was a significant wagon candidate at deadline, whilst no-one else appeared to show any interest in wagoning Grimmy.
In addition, I didn't push against you based on this link, which would be the point of tying a town player to a scum.
Liar. Your stated reason for voting me was that you thought my first post made it look like I was scum with Grimmy- with a cheap shot at Pacman and his connection problems thrown in for good measure.
I strongly felt on Day 2 that pacman281292 is scum. Read his posts in isolation: Almost all he ever did was complain about the game stalling, yet he never even placed a vote.

I also found Gimmy scummy, for reasons mostly outlined by ac1983fan.

To top it all off, I found The Fonz's entry into the game to be strongly indicative of those two being scum together.
Got anything else?
Try your desperate attempts to use craplogic to show that Jebus 'cleared' you.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (isolation #27) » Mon May 25, 2009 6:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

Before I forget: DGB's clutching at straws fits with her as scum. Even with loaded scum, six town power roles is definitely too many.

Note also that one-shot bulletproof is an incredibly easy scum claim when the town doesn't have any killing power.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (isolation #28) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Each of the three abilities is one-shot.

(Note for any newbies reading this in future trying to meta me: DO NOT VIG WHEN MISVIGGING WILL LOSE THE GAME. You have to be VERY sure. Or angry).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (isolation #29) » Mon May 25, 2009 8:20 am

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote: It's also a very inelegant maneuvre, one I would be ashamed to use as scum. This is also entirely ignoring the fact that my suspicion of you two as a scum pair was natural for a pro-town player to have.
No, no it wasn't.

I was right about Grimmy being scum and I was right about your behavior towards him being inconsistent, the only thing I was wrong about was your motive for the inconsistency. I am so sorry for being unable to devine the fact that you planned to vig him.
No. You can't claim to have been 'right' on him at the same time as claiming you only suspected him because of me.
If I didn't have this suspicion on D3, I would have definitely gotten it once Grimmy came up scum. The link I saw between you two was an excellent piece of pro-town scumhunting, because it was
there
. That I didn't realize the true nature of that link is nothing I should have to explain myself for.
NO IT WASN'T. IT WAS A FUCKING MORONIC IDIOT DICKSHIT FAILURE TO REALISE THAT IT'S PERFECTLY POSSIBLE TO SUSPECT SOMEONE, BUT SUSPECT SOMEONE ELSE
MORE
. Because the second player was scummier. And have that second player, who you also suspected, be a viable wagon whilst the other wasn't. Your attack on me was, and remains, ludicrous, and if i hadn't had the role i did, it would probably have cost the town the game due to your idiocy.

And it doesn't occur to you that maybe this was because I correctly read Grimmy as scum and Jebus as town? Well that may be a stretch, as I didn't feel strongly about Jebus either way, but the fact of the matter is that I didn't find him "even scummier". That you are trying to turn my attacking scum while not attacking a town player into an argument against me quite frankly boggles my mind.
He was scummy as fuck. That you didn't notice the obvious inconsistency in his posts isn't my problem.

Fonz wrote:
Just for the record, who do you think Jebus investigated? Provide reasoning, I'm curious how your logic compares to mine.

PPE:
Hai, Zilla.
Zilla, clearly. The other's a crapshoot. Not Alabaska, clearly.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (isolation #30) » Tue May 26, 2009 12:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Fonz wrote:NO IT WASN'T. IT WAS A FUCKING MORONIC IDIOT DICKSHIT FAILURE TO REALISE THAT IT'S PERFECTLY POSSIBLE TO SUSPECT SOMEONE, BUT SUSPECT SOMEONE ELSE MORE. Because the second player was scummier. And have that second player, who you also suspected, be a viable wagon whilst the other wasn't. Your attack on me was, and remains, ludicrous, and if i hadn't had the role i did, it would probably have cost the town the game due to your idiocy.
It seems to me like you are really butthurt that I would dare suspect you.
Funny, I was going to say the same thing. Your 'no case on me' argument looks to me like a townie, who can't possibly conceive of how anyone might find him scummy, despite the fact that there are obvious reasons.
You clearly and unambiguously stated that you backed off Grimmy, in part, because you intended to vig him. So you took the easy way out.
No. As I've said repeatedly, I tried to get Jebus lynched because he was as scummy or scummier than Grimmy, and a deadline was looming with no-one else suspecting Grimmy. It was Jebus or Alabaska, and of those two Alabaska was clearly the scummiest.
Fonz wrote:He was scummy as fuck. That you didn't notice the obvious inconsistency in his posts isn't my problem.
Except he wasn't scum. That you didn't realize this and pushed him regardless while I didn't is
your
problem. I wouldn't give a shit if it wasn't for the fact that you're attacking me for
not attacking a pro-town player
[/quote]

But you DID attack a protown player. And I pushed Jebus because he was the only possible alternative to Alabaska. Who was a genuine, and claimed, protown roleblocker.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (isolation #31) » Tue May 26, 2009 1:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

I like that analysis, actually. I think the scum are 2/3 of DGB, Nightfall, and acfan. I'm pretty sure IF a claimed vanilla is scum, it's acfan.

I do find Zilla's 'case' on this page bizarre mind, and i think i would react as acfan has done. The plot thickens...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (isolation #32) » Tue May 26, 2009 1:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall wrote:
Also Fonz, sorry if you said it before and I missed it, but what did you mean before when you said that Pacman's vig attempt "timed out"?
He submitted it before the thread was opened, but was told the deadline for night actions had passed. I'd have thought that obvious.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (isolation #33) » Wed May 27, 2009 2:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

Zilla wrote:
Jebus played irrationally for a cop. Nevertheless, I think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the mafia has a framer or there was bussing involved.
If the mafia switched Alabaska for one of their own, the investigation would show guilty as the target switches to the mafia, and the cop would VERY likely not be informed of this.
No. If a player is busdriven, causing a cop to investigate someone who wasn't his original target, he is given the name of the player he actually has a result on. To do otherwise is major modding malpractice.

IE

Cop: I'll investigate Clean Dean please

(Mafia busdriver switches Clean Dean and Dirty Denzil)

Mod to cop: You find Dirty Denzil guilty.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (isolation #34) » Wed May 27, 2009 8:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

But to not do so compromises their results.

I'll try to dig up the MD threads, but suffice to say, I don't think a mod should ever allow an investigator to be switched without telling him.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (isolation #35) » Wed May 27, 2009 9:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Zilla wrote:I agree with Nightfall. Other roles are not informed that their target was led astray, cops shouldn't be any different.
But other roles ARE. Well, other investigative roles. The usual tracker result is:

'You saw Fonz target DGB' or 'Fonz performed no night action.' Therefore, if the person you are targeting is switched, you'd get it switched to 'You saw Zilla perform no night action.'

Not telling them leads to innocent players, and then cops, getting lynched for no fault of their own, and that ruins games.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #36) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

And to stop themselves getting vigged.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #37) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

Why?

Imagine for a second you're a tracker.

If you targeted X, and he was switched with Y, saying 'you saw X target Z' is directly lying to the player. Saying 'you saw Y target the player' is true, because it tells you precisely what was intended- your tracking, with the caveat that it wasn't on the person it was targeted to.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (isolation #38) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Zilla wrote:I hadn't heard of the mod confirming your selection in your result post, just the information. i.e. the result would be "They visited <player>."
The first occasion that springs to mind for me is when I, as tracker, busted DGB's alt in a fakeclaim: the message, to the very word, was:

Toaster Strudel performed no night action.

I've included trackers in a number of my games, and been trackers in others, and I've never seen a message without the name of the target in it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (isolation #39) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Am I the only one to notice that DGB hasn't reacted to being at L-1 in the slightest? Some kind of defense would be apropriate. Or a hammer, actually.
Well, since it's LyLo, we're at DGB-is-scum or both scum are on the wagon. Will take a look to see if the latter is plausible before hammering.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #40) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Well, Nightfall isn't scum with anyone but DGB.

The other three I've already said- I don't see more'n one scum in that group.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (isolation #41) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall, before a hammer falls, should I declare a roleblock target?

My thinking is this:

1) If that person is scum, they can't kill
2) If that person is town, scum can't kill anyone else without confirming them
3) If scum kill them,
I[/i] survive.

Worst case scenario, 4-1 with a basically confirmed town player. Any other scenario buys us an extra lynch.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #42) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by The Fonz »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:A tracker doesn't get "guilty" or "innocent"...
"home" or "not home" or some such equivalent then.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaang on... wait a second, you're supposed to BE a tracker in this game. Surely you know what format results are in?

Vote: DGB

Hammah Time!

I will be RBing CTD.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (isolation #43) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

I didn't block. I doc-protected CTD. (My theory was, having declared a block on CTD, the scum would have to try to kill him, or risk clearing him if they killed anyone else. I was deliberately trying to WIFOM them onto a doc-protected target, whilst keeping my block in hand. Whether that happened, or they no-killed to frame, is beside the point- the action bought us a mislynch).

Now of course, it's possible a scum-CTD believing he was going to be blocked didn't bother putting in a kill. I don't, to be honest, think that's likely though. I am starting to feel a little paranoid about a possible Zilla-Godmother though, given how she protected DGB yesterday.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #44) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

Which would, of course, implicate Nightfall...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (isolation #45) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

Ed: Who was pretty damn high on my scumdar to begin with, to be fair.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:51 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Do you, or do you not, think the asterisks are a slip, CTD?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:45 am

Post by The Fonz »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I'm not ruling it out, but I would be somewhat surprised if they were. DGB may not be the most rational of players, but for her to basically breadcrumb her own scum buddies would be bizarre even by her standards.
But to make a set of notes, mark her scumbuddies, then forget to remove them before publishing seems a more rational idea than 'she was scum, and asterisked one buddy, and one townie for no reason whatsoever.'
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

Vote: Nightfall

Seems cut and dried to me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

He's clearly scum, realising DGB completely gave the game away, and has reasonably enough given up.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by The Fonz »

The overriding reaction i get when reading this one back is of how out-of-my-mind angry i must have been at CTD to even countenance vigging there.

On a side note, i'm now no longer alive in any games, and i've still not been scum in 2009. I'm not really in the mood for signing up for more atm, but you may expect a Fonz mini theme as soon as my current noob game ends.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (isolation #51) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall wrote: @ Fonz, Congrats on your final night gambit with the doc protect. I didn't even think of that possibility. Then again I pretty much knew I was doomed at that point. I went with not performing a night action hoping I could get one more town lynch out of you guys :)
That was a mistake, because the lack of kill gave us an extra mislynch, which i think outweighed any wifom that could have been pulled.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”