forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sotty is town. Unless we have 4 goons in which case this game kinda sucks.

But yeah, DGB targetted Sotty. There was a kill. Odds are Sotty did not do that kill.

So, I don't really remember much awesome from farside. Was there good reasoning for that?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't recall DGB saying she targetted sotty.

I'm just a vanilla townie. The most despised and lynchable role in this game.
She didn't say it. She died before she could. Because I got another one shot watch. And I think I know why.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

i am the experimental pharmacist, aka an inventor. each night i may give somebody a shot of a drug, but i don't know what the outcome will be. i've been giving my goodies to forb every night, and i've figured out which of them is watcher so i'll stick to that from here on out now that there's only one scum.

forb can go next
Somehow I knew you were my benefactor.

I'm vanilla ^-^

Thanks for the jelly bean.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

yeah forb i did my best to indicate to you that i was the one responsible for the treats you were getting without being completely blatant. fortunately the amnesia thing lends itself to targeted breadcrumbing, because scum can never go back and look for the breadcrumbs.
Yeah, I figured it was that. Good play as I picked up on it. I'm amazed I didn't out you to be honest (since I sometimes make such stupid mistakes)

Vote Forbidden btw.
Explain?

Is Baltar at L-1?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

2. forbidden is less confirmed knowing that her claimed powers were the results of injections from rofl.
Possibly. But if rofl is scum, odds are I'm town. Secondly, if rofl WAS scum, why didn't he shoot up his two buddies? I'm assuming 3 scum, because 4 mafia and an SK is...excessive.

If there weren't so many scum dead already, I would be almost certain that rofl and forbidden are a scum team. Since there are so many scum dead, their claims become more believable.
Oh good, you aren't completely braindead ^-^

forbidden's results lead me to believe Sotty is town.
Well, let's see, I would think that's pretty up there on the "wow, that was obvious" list
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

My next guess would be that forbidden has been playing the town for sometime via rofl's injections. By semi confirming SlySly early and you now she is pretty much considered "confirmed" town, but there is really nothing other than the WIFOM that scum wouldn't confirm town that is making people believe she is who she says she is.
Uh...huh. I'm rather non plussed by this for obvious reasons. It feels like a stretch to try to salvage a sinking scum ship.

I just noticed this as I was rereading. forbidden answers this point as if it were proposing rofl to be scum, which it clearly was not. It was talking about her being less confirmed as town because of her powers.
Well, actually, I took it as saying me and rofl are scumbuddies, tbqh. And for some reason quoted the wrong point, and somehow gelled my response to point one and two as a response to point two.

Yep, the post meant forbiddan could be scum that was the beneficiary of powers which made her appear town.
So why point one saying rofl's role is scummy?

Oh, btw,
Vote farside

I'm getting very strong memories of her play in IA and WOMAFIA.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Tue May 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Votes based on meta always seems like a case that says either, "I have nothing on you, but since you were scummy in other games, I'll put my vote on you." or "I am scum and I see a nice juicy town bandwagon forming that I can jump on."
It's pretty hard to have something on someone who has not posted very much, in a game where each day is deleted.

Given we are down to a process of elimination game, meta is valid.

We know forbiddan's claimed abilities were given to her by rolf. I think it is possible she may have another ability that she hasn't told us about; scum post saving.

Are you saying we have three post savers then?

If this were the case, why are you voting forbidden and not me?
I'm voting myself?

And mostly because I have a really bad feeling about farside.
You know FL we are in more then one game together and I'm not spectaular in either game. I feel your meta read on me is silly when you look at my profile and see it's site wide that I feel the way i do and type the crap I type.
Since your in a game and see this first hand FOS on your vote and comment using meta.
There's a difference though. You are trying harder in that game, if it's the one I'm thinking of. This game has felt like you were coasting. The set up could be influencing this. But I've had faint bad tingles for awhile concerning you.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's a lie. I'm doing both games poor justice.
It's hard to explain, but it feels different.

I've also had VP town vibes for the first few days.
@ forbiddan

What exactly was your claim? I seem to have forgotten. It would be nice of you to refresh my memory so I can compare it with the rest of the claims.
Vanilla townie. What, you expect me to change it?

Sorry, you'd think I'd get it right one of these times. *writes farside is not forbidden 100 times on the blackboard*

@SlySly, she claimed vanilla w/ special abilities from rofl
You did not need to answer this for me ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I say either FL or myself should be lynched
Rolfcopter if you send anything don't send to the person like me or FL at this point.
Uh huh. Is this really all you have? Really?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

There are unexplained posts that somehow survived the nights, so I would say the likelihood of a 3rd post saver is greater than 0, assuming the post saving claims so far are truthful.
Big assumption. Why can't it be farside?

Honestly, I forgot and I was too lazy to take good notes. It's good to know that your story at least still matches VP's notes. Are you an Amnesia townie like farside or is your flavor different?
*checks*

Why yes, yes I am

But, that means nothing. Ever read the second post I think it is? The VT role PM is in there.

Enjoy.

I have played with farside before, too, and this farside seems far different than the farside I remember playing with in the other game.
Was she town or scum in that?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It could be farside. It could be rolf or you, too. Since rolf already has a power giving power, I would think odds are higher that you are lying scum with a post saving power than it is that rolf has two powers. Since 2 out of the 3 unclaimed saved posts are seemingly saved in a manner to make me look like an idiot, I think the odds are higher that it is you that saved those posts than they are of farside making them. That seems more your style than hers.
Except for one thing. By D2, I had seen you were a lot less likely to be scum for targetting Baltar and Baltar not dying. Could you be a mafia doc? Technically. Or even a mafia roleblocker.

I haven't read it since the game started. I will go back and give it a look. Your continued condescending rhetoric is once again noted.
Your continued hypocrisy is noted. Please read all relevant posts to a game you are playing in the future.

I don't recall. I don't even recall which game it was. I do however have some vague recollection of farside mentioning earlier in this game that she was scum in that game.
You know, you seem to fail to recall more things than Hillary Clinton.

It's a very...convenient way for you to fence sit, no?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #99 (isolation #11) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I read it, I just didn't think to look back. It is obvious I am scum hunting and it is obvious you are something that rhymes with hunt.
Ad hominem attacks will get you no where (except possibly blacklisted by the mod for very intentionally implying a word that offends her. But I don't know what she'll do, so I could be wrong)

@FL: As a vanilla townie and this not being lylo then yes I do advacate a VT lynch at this point and since rolf has a role that is helpful he chose between anyone but the VT's at this point and hope he choses wisely if you are not scum my dear.
Honestly, given Sotty's point, I'm leaning towards VP scum.

Unvote, Vote VP

It's entirely possible my meta of you is wrong.

Just a non plus question but is't it possible that you both saved the same quote? I know the odds are high but I really can't see VP as scum on this
Then what of the two mystery quotes? Either a VT is lying, or VP is.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #103 (isolation #12) » Thu May 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

That lying VT = FL
Or...neither VT is lying and VP is obvscum.

But, your obvious tunnel vision and ad hominem has just so utterly astounded me that I give up. Yep, I'm the last scum, lynch me now *rolls eyes*.

Another convenient wagon jump.

vote:forbiddan
And you still are about as hypocritical as before.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #106 (isolation #13) » Fri May 08, 2009 1:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I haven't supported lynching 2 townies like you have.
You haven't supported much of anything, to be honest. But, could you show me where you've supported lynching scum?

Either way, you are near confirmed, so honestly, there's no need to get in this match with you.

So, you're trying to use double reverse psychology? You seem to be getting awfully worked up and there aren't even that many votes on you. You flopping from farside to me based on Sotty's reasoning also shows that you are just hoping to get on whatever wagon is in the lead.
SlySly just called me...something that rhymes with hunt.

OF COURSE I'M MILDLY PISSED THAT SOMEONE CAN BE SUCH A PRICKTASTIC ASS LICKING JACKASS

But, I'm more certain of my VP vote.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Day 1 I supported Chief lynch. I hammered the SK.
SKs honestly don't count for track record.

And support is one thing.

Either way, you ARE effectively a townie given my view. There is an off chance you are scum, and I REALLY wish I could get you lynched for being a fucking prick, but whatever.

If you truly don't like it, quit being a snippy, smartass biaaatch after every question I ask. Why belittle a townie with every possible chance you get?
Examples? Because you brought it on yourself by belittling me first. You wanna get in a pissing match over this, I will

Assmuffin

I really don't know I just don't get the scum vibe from VP that I get from FL, but I won't rolf to answer my question about the why
Honestly, I get a huge scum vibe from you, but the evidence implicates VP

Barring an unforeseen miracle, my vote is now locked in.
Good job helping lynch a townie. Too bad both scum candidates are BOTH on my wagon, or we could do some good analysis.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #118 (isolation #15) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Is why I can not endorse a VP lynch. If VP isn't scum the FL and i will be going back and forth as who is scum and who is VT.
I know my posting is horrible but this just looks like a ready, set, mislynch comment for tomorrow.
Honestly, if VP ISN'T scum, I'll be amazed. But, if he isn't, I'm assuming we WILL be able to figure out who is scum tomorrow. Of course, I already know by that point it'd probably either be you or SlySly (yes, I'd unclear SlySly is VP flips town. He's not COMPLETELY confirmed)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #123 (isolation #16) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

First, should we soon be expecting you to post another appeal to emotion apology like we got from you during day 1?
I don't apologize to fucktarded, RUDE, asspricks

EXAMPLE 1. Was I calling forbiddan a dumbass or was she calling me a dumbass and how did I belittle her to bring this on myself?
I merely pointed out you were pointing out the obvious. Dumbass NEVER entered my speech pattern. Enjoi your strawman

EXAMPLE 2. Who's being a sarcastic ahole and how did I belitte Forbiddan?
Actually, you were belittling here. Trivializing my claim
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #128 (isolation #17) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Just for clarification, who was your target?
Well, if you were reading, you'd know it was Sotty.

down, butch...good boy!
You have not obtained anywhere NEAR the right to refer to me that way, and you WILL not in the future. Do not assume there is nothing I can do about it, because I will find a way to.

If you will be respectful, I will return the favor. But you do NOT get the right to use that sort of tone with me unless I ASK you to!

No, actually, I thought you had claimed in Day 2. I checked my notes and didn't see anything there, so I asked an honest, non-belittling question. After I made that post and was responding to something else, I found that you had actually made your claim today. By then, you had already responded with scummy, over-defensive negativity and attacked VP for kindly answering the question I had posed to you.
Attacked? Hardly, I pointed out he need not answer questions for me is all. As for negativity, why is it scummy? Please explain your thought process.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #130 (isolation #18) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'll say whatever the f#@k I want. Do not assume your threats instill any fear in me; they don't. If you can't handle the heat, YOU need to stay out of the kitchen.
You need to not be a fucking jackass. There is absolutely NO need for the antagonization you've been throwing at me, when, while I may have been a little rude, have not NEARLY done as much as you have until you started dropping the c word on me.

In fact...

Elvis, could you PLEASE step in and tell us BOTH to play nice since we obviously aren't adult enough to handle our issues without resorting to ad hominems and just plain RUDE insults that have NO place in a mafia game?

After you fail to be able to do that, I would like to know if anyone other than DGB paid Sotty a visit during the night.
Also very obvious. No

Please quote the post where you stated specifically, not implied, that your target was Sotty.
Yeah, good jorb arguing semantics there buddy.
But yeah, DGB targetted Sotty. There was a kill. Odds are Sotty did not do that kill.
This post is reasonably clear on it considering I've also claimed it to be a one shot watching.

So...yeah...
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #131 (isolation #19) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, and they aren't threats. They are promises. I do have enough of a fanclub outside of MS to make your life a living hell with a little effort ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #132 (isolation #20) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh. That last was petty and unnecessary. But whatever.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #134 (isolation #21) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are a very pathetic human being.

If you are going to attempt to cause grief in someone's real life just because you can't handle being called something that you obviously are, you need to seek treatment. I'll save this forum and pass it on to a few different people in case ANYTHING out of the ordinary takes place in my real life and this needs to be shared with the authorities.
Actually, I wasn't talking about IRL, to be honest. I was talking about online problems mostly. But honestly, it was petty.

But yanno what? I don't care, you STILL had no right to say what you did. And for that I honestly wouldn't mind doing something..."out of the ordinary" to your real life. However, it would indeed be a waste of my time. Scum like you (and I mean that literally, not in the context of the game), would not be worth my, or anyone elses.

Go
Die
In
A
Fire.

Twice.

Oh, by the way, I thought you weren't "scared" of my threats.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #135 (isolation #22) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

*my time.

But...it's a moot point. It's very obvious that I need to take a short break from this game because certain douchebags can't back off, and I apparently don't have the presence of mind to be the bigger person and let it go.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #139 (isolation #23) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

If my vote were to move now, which it won't, it would move to you. Either you are scum that gave forb powers or forb is scum that received your powers.
Way to tunnel, likely incorrectly. I know at least half your options are completely off base.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #141 (isolation #24) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

F#@k off, butch.
And you were the one accusing me of being a pathetic human being.

For the sake of argument, may I ask what your cases are? After all, I assume you have them. Or maybe you just hate me that much *starts to tear up*
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #143 (isolation #25) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It is obvious.
Ah, good. Not planning to help the town then. Before you call me on hypocrisy, let us point out the fact that I've actually been RIGHT when I said the answers to your questions were obvious. I also generally followed up with the obviousness if you still were confused.

At any rate, be very happy that you targeted Baltar that night I watched him. Otherwise, you would make a VERY good lynch candidate.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #145 (isolation #26) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Quote the post where you stated no one else visited Sotty. You didn't, not obvious.
Very obvious. I would have said ALL targetters. Since as long as Sotty didn't die, they'd all be confirmed town

Not obvious, you could have targetted DGB.
Also obvious. I stated that it was a one shot WATCH in a later post.

Your track record of killing townies is better than your track record of helping townies in this game.
Actually, let's see, I've effectively helped prevent a Sotty and/or SlySly mislynch, though it would be VERY tempting to lynch you because you ARE playing in an anti town manner (there was a post someone once made on another site about how needless antagonization in mafia is anti town. Yes, we've both engaged in it)

If this were a regular game, I would ask to be replaced. Since it isn't, I will play it out. Don't worry if I see forbutchan in the list of players of a game I am interested in playing, I will not join.
Hey, guess what, I feel the exact same way. Our paths will never cross again.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #147 (isolation #27) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why not? She is the only scum left, confirming Sotty made her look town to you. It's not like she could confirm herself.
Alright...well, there's one thing I'd like to ask you.

Could you please read through your notes and today withOUT predetermining me as scum? At least once? It'd be a very townie thing to do.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #149 (isolation #28) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

When this day started, I thought farside was scum. Farside has done enough today to make me think she is town.
Can you elaborate then?

I have been asking rofl for a case against VP all day, he has not produced one. He has twice promised to, though. If not for the warm fuzziness you have given me today, I'd most likely be voting rofl at this point. But the feelgood vibes coming off of you today has made me think, rofl actually has a power that can be helpful to the town. With your VT claim, you are nothing without the power that rofl has been giving you. I think it is very likely that you are scum that has been given, by rofl, the opportunity to appear town and I think you have attempted to make the most of that opportunity.
Well, you are wrong, and this doesn't really explain anything about why you think I'm scum. Could you please get to that? Or is hedginess how you plan to get me hammered?

Oh, the article I mentioned:
Kilga wrote: Speaking of, I would like to Point to Day 1 for a perfect example of how not to scumhunt properly (and hopefully at least show my needless antagonization stance to be the correct one). Given the recent influx of new people into this game, I feel obliged to point this all out. Let's start at the beginning.

When Unesco overreacted to Edible's vote, I decided then and there that they were scum and needed to die. This is the one decision I do not regret, and I would make it again in a heartbeat. I would policy vig for this if I ever drew a vig role in the same game that someone overreacted to an Early Day 1™ vote, because there's about an 85% chance they're scum (and the other 15% gets chalked up to "unnecessary distraction", which I have no personal problem removing from the game). For new players, however, YMMV. My approach is not the only way to play the game, and it's certainly not the best, so take this sentiment with a grain of salt.

After that, I violated Rule #1 of scumhunting: Find Evidence -> Conclude Scum, not the other way around. This should be obvious enough in reading the above paragraph and remembering the approach I took to that day.

An add-on to that was the fact that I did, indeed player-meta. I knew UK would eventually explode, because she always does. She did, and I used it against her. I knew pesco would eventually say something vague and refuse to give a straight answer when questioned about it, because he always does. He did, and I used it against him. These both fed into my "Conclude Scum -> Find Evidence" approach.

But then what was I to do when everyone calmed the waters and they both reverted to regular players? Stir shit up on my own, of course! I spent the second half of the day intentionally writing in a cold and collected (but ever-so-slightly condescending) tone that I knew would infuriate UK, giving me more rage to use against her and get Unesco lynched regardless of what the pesco half did.

And it worked! Unesco got voted off! I had outscummed the scum! And then they flipped town and I facepalmed at myself for being an idiot.

Let that be a lesson to anyone who still thinks antagonizing someone they think is scum into making a mistake is a good idea. It works on town just as well as it does on scum. Flip don't lie, people.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #150 (isolation #29) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, if you couldn't tell, I'm UK/Unesco.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #154 (isolation #30) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Seriously both forb and slysly, this has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaay out of hand and think the two of you need to take a step back from each other. Rigth now you are simply flooding the game with your petty back and forth that really drains the fun. I really don't appricate sly refereeing to forb as a dog either. That was taking this crap to the next level.
Thank you.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #157 (isolation #31) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm not completely guiltless myself. I don't think Sly is the only one that should be demonized. Honestly, we both were horrible to each other. I don't regret it, but I don't think it fair to single him out.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #159 (isolation #32) » Sun May 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

We'll see a flip soon. I'm not sure where I will place my protection now when VP flips town.
You seem certain. Inside info ^-^?

I have never disputed that this possibility exists just like forbiddan never disputed that it is possible she is scum that saved the unexplained posts. Like it or not, the possibility exists.
Why should I bother disputing a possiblity that is essentially indisputable? It's like "Well, you see, in quantum mechanics, it is possible that I could randomly fall through my chair as if it didn't exist, but it's not damned likely". You can't really argue that it's impossible, but the low liklihood makes it one of those things that you really don't think about that much.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #161 (isolation #33) » Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

We went at it pretty hard in Day 1. When I realized the true essence of situation, I backed off completely.

You kept being snippy throughout the game in response to my statements and questions which resulted in us going at each other even harder in Day 3.
I'm always snippy. It's mafia. I still say you escalated it too far.

Props to you seeing that you are at least willing to step up and take your share of the blame when you see the wagon of others rallying around someone that you are just as guilty as. Not a huge surprise as you have suggested earlier during these exchanges that you were playing your part in the problem too.
I'm not a complete bitch, yanno.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #169 (isolation #34) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

How did we find out about EK's dislike for a certain word anyway? Didn't someone else refer to you as that earlier in the game? Or were they referring to DGB? I can't remember but I think they were referring to you. If the post was still there, I would go back and look. Nice how that person is trying to take the high road now.
I'm pretty sure it was DGB, to be honest. Or someone else. I didn't notice it if it was to me.

SlySly and forbidden, I hope you guys can put this behind you because it was really childish on both your parts and made me almost fess up just to end the game.
Hai hai...sorry.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #188 (isolation #35) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm interested to know if y'all had more or less fun with the game mechanic of posts disappearing.
More fun. I hate rereading SOOOOOO MUCH

But, it was harder to case suspicious people.

AND WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME A VIG, ROFL!?

Elvis...the mechanics for not sending in kills are AMAZING.

Sorry FL I was wrong. Just some of the things you were attacking and saying seemed way off to me.
Honestly, you really did feel like you did in IA though. As for people being nice, don't trust them. I try not to :P
inventor is a really interesting role, i must say. i'm glad my town read on forb was right, because i stuck with it the whole time, and only would have switched who i targeted to sotty after she became truly confirmed town by fl's watch result. like doc or watcher, inventor is a role that really rewards good town-reading skills rather than scum-reading skills.
What made you read me as town?

final note, forb sucks.
DIAF, and remember we play to have fun. We aren't all geniuses. I'd think you'd be a bit less...jerkish given the rampant assholery this game on a couple sides including me

raj is not off base about the elitism of some players around here not helping the town cause. Some players around here need to remember that this is a public forum and not everyone has the wiki memorized and questions about the game during the game aren't just something to piss on and criticize. Some people are actually asking a question to learn something.
And yet raj is being elitist as hell in the post he just made. It's rather hypocritical if you ask me

Being snippy to an antagonizer is like pouring gas on an open flame. Don't dish it out if you can't handle the response. I could have said the same things to DGB and she would have responded much better cause she can dish it out and take it.

I feel we made some peace toward the end of the day.

However, if we ever end up in another game together, make no mistake, I will continue to respond to belittling. I am an antagonistic S.O.B. sometimes, and contrary to the belief of some, there is a place for it in this game. My play style has caught scum off guard before, resulting in their demise.
I can take it. You just had no right to go as far as your did. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

You freaking took my spleen for me breaking one of your nails.

Seriously

I was ready to lynch farside and was open to hearing a case on VP. Unfortunately, you chose to continue the snippiness and rofl chose to never present a case on VP. I was a townie that was scum hunting. It's too bad that you couldn't ever take my questions seriously and couldn't refrain from taking snippy shots at me with your responses. Had you done so, the unpleasant events of Day 3 wouldn't have transpired.

I truly have no hard feelings toward you, as I was just playing a game.
I'm calling complete and utter bullshit on the last line. As for the rest, to be honest, it seemed like you weren't reading the thread. I was annoyed because you appeared to be acting like you were scumhunting without actually doing any, and it showed in the fact you really didn't seem to be reading my posts and making the obvious conclusions. However, my watch result made it appear you were likely town, so it's not like you could be scum doing this. As such, I got pissed at you for being a townie who relied on previous things that could have been luck or inside info who apparently wasn't reading the thread.

I will very much try to avoid playing with SlySly purely because I don't think he understands how large his role was in our little fight and is trying to pin disproportionate amounts of it on me.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #190 (isolation #36) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

you call that fun?

everytime i tried to defend myself you deliberately mess with the posts. its hard enough time trying to defend myself, but trying to figure out what everyone is saying in your posts (the ones you changed and the ones you refuse to change... like this one) in un bearable.
Well duh. It flustered you. Yes, I failed to practice what I preached later in the game. I thought you were scum, so I decided to piss you off until you gave me the evidence.

Sly ended up doing the same thing to me.

As for things I refuse to change, honestly, I've never had anyone complain about it before, and I really don't feel like wasting my time for someone I perceived as on a team opposite mine.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #193 (isolation #37) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

baiting town isn't helpful. and its not helpful when you don't listen to players either. hopefully you will because everyone's policy day one lynch/night one kill. there is no needs for more bad players on this site. i can understand if you aren't the best at catching but if you actively tunnel on town and defend yourself later, it isn't acceptable.
Oh yes, I'm supposed to LET myself be lynched because I messed up.

And honestly, I highly doubt I'll ever be a policy kill. Wishful thinking aside. It's obvious I can't play a game with you either because you apparently seem to think I knew you were town before you flipped.

You are lying to yourself. You proved twice in this game that you can't.
Again, you took my spleen for me breaking one of your nails. That was just plain bullshit.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #196 (isolation #38) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I barely even get started. Your fuse is very short and your breaking point is very low.
Sometimes.

Not as often as you'd think. You possibly caught me at a bad time.
no, as a responsible member of the town it is your duty to listen to players and try to figure out if they are scum.

if we fliped scum then i would say good job. but neither of us did. so there is somthing wrong with your system. and you refusing to admit it makes you a bad player. a player that is never right can be a better player if he can just admit that they are wrong and try to change it.
I WILL play the way I have the most fun with, and I do listen to other players. I honestly thought you were scum and acted on it. I further pushed you so I would get more evidence. That was my failing and I do admit that's wrong. But you appear to be not reading that. I also plan to not do that as much. Either way, you seem to be too busy deciding I'm a horrible player than actually reading my posts, so, until such time as you understand what I'm saying, I have absolutely no reason to talk to you.

And honestly, you got lynched D1 for good reasons. You really have little room to talk about bad play, if you want perfect bluntness.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (isolation #39) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I have decided to mod a game soon that will be a direct result of playing in this one.

Thick Skinned Mafia (no language restrictions)

Maybe you can come and play in that game and test the strength of your shell. I will just be saddened that I don't get to be a player in that game with you. I may just make in Amnesia style (maybe a bunch of stoners that forget everything everyday due to excessive inebriation) to honor the greatness of this game.
No, I probably wouldn't play it, for three reasons
1) I work too much to take on too many games
2) This ends up just being a game of "Let me prove myself to you". I no longer really have a need to do that. I did when I got caught up in things but out of it I have nothing to prove
3) I honestly think you are trying to bait me with this one and I just won't take it. Though this is arguably and extension of 2.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #201 (isolation #40) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

ive looked at your posts, i dont see you saying that you are going to stop your strategy, if you are going to stop doing it then fine. but damn it, use the quote feature correctly, you take the effort to post it in there and you know how to put someone's name in there, so why dont you put 1 and 1 together.
No thanks, it's easier to highlight and quote selected. Most people figure it out.

and just because you have fun yelling fire in a crowded theater doesnt mean its right or its fun for everyone else.
ara ara?

WIFOM, SlySly. I'm not touching it.

Anyway, you both seem to be playing stop having fun guy, and I honestly cannot play with or against playstyles like that. It is a GAME. I play it as such. I don't think I'll play with you in the future if I can help it. At least the other players of this game are fairly chill.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #203 (isolation #41) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

i dont understand.

you are trying to legitimize something that isn't fun.
and you know that when it turns on you.
As I said. Spleen to broken fingernail. That's my perception of the situation. I play as I will. Telling me to change it just asinine. This game was not the greatest for me, but it wasn't the worst. And my playstyle is mutable. I've proven offsite I can shift my playstyle dramatically between games. Granted, they are swift speed so it's easier, but I do have an amorphous playstyle. But you all just seem to criticize me for responding to what appeared to be an overreaction to what I was doing. I do admit I messed up with my Scum A/B/C stuff. Hell, I only got one right and it was an SK. I eventually came around though and successfully found VP rather than tunneling on Sly or farside. You all forget this because I piss you off. It would be better if you were even handed, IMO.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”