Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1427 (isolation #200) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

imaginality wrote:
A zertan kitten-luffink mod wrote:You could also give everyone a power role, they them they have some kind of night action that they *must* make and they can't self-target, but don't tell them what their power role is. And then sit back and watch the hilarity ensue.
Sounds like my roleblocking ability.
imaginality wrote: Ekkkszamples: caf19, elvis_knits, desglork, SlySly, hasdgfas, Isacc,

Ze exzepschuns zeem to be Darox, dahill and destructor1.

It isss alzo interrestink zat your rrrrole ((parrranoid) cop + (rrroleblocking) gnome-liberrator) and my rrrole ((toothless?)vampyr + thief) both fit better vif zis multi-faceted rrrole theme zan Plum's does.
True. Mine and yours fit best.

But that doesn't clear you (or me for sake of fairness).

Look.

The examples you listed:
caf19, elvis_knits, desglork, SlySly, hasdgfas, Isacc.

Caf was survivor. EK was mafia. Desglork was SK. Sly was Zombie/silencer/cult recruit(?). Hascow was cult recruiter(?). Isacc was town.

Exceptions:
Darox, dahill and destructor1

Darox was mafia. Dahill was lyncher. Des1 was cop.

So that's only one town aligned in each group.

Actually. Only 2 town aligned have flipped so far. And we are still playing, which means, at most we have a town of 4. A weak doc and a cop. If anything doesn't fit with that, it's your role.

Also, I can see the jailkeeper possibility. It makes sense. EK wasn't recruited. Can scum normally be recruited? But with it also explaining Plum not being able to target you (Imaginality), that further verifies that.

If Hascow was a mason recruiter, why did he flip in pink? Seems to specify another alignment. And what's with Sly's zombie role?

I noticed nothing from your bite.

So apparently I'm probably a JK now. Plum was protected by a weak doc. I jailed plum N2. Isacc protected her N1. Still no explanation there. I'm leaning Imaginalityscum.
imaginality wrote:Let me just add, zis game is an abzzolute smurfink mindsmurf.
I smurfing agree. How the smurf are we supposed to find the smurfing scum. Brb, gotta take a smurf.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1443 (isolation #201) » Tue May 05, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

imaginality wrote: Rrreally?
I sssee six town-aligned flips:

destructor
dahill1
caf19*
Isacc
SlySly**
hasdgfas**

*also vere-llama
** also member of BBFSSS
Lynchers are not protown.

Survivors are not protown.

Cults is more likely than recruiting masons. Sly was probably not protown anyway.

Arguing over dead players' win conditions is pointless though.
imaginality wrote:Zo. Here iss a new thought.
Isacc wrote:I must protect someone each night. If they are town, I protect. If they are scum, I die.
Vhat if 'scum' means
literrrally
scum
and scum
only
? And Plum is
not
scum but SK?
This actually seems to make sense.
Plum wrote: If that was the case Isacc would almost certainly not have phrased his results quite like this:
It's possible that his role doesn't specifically say "You do not die if you protect a SK, lyncher, survivor, cult, zombie, or whatever else" and he didn't come to that conclusion.
Plum wrote:The term 'scum' can and is very often used as a generic term for 'has an actively anti-town-wincon' (and in this game the Mafia have flipped specifically Mafia); it seems pretty clear, especially having phrased it as a dichotomy (scum or town), that he was using it in that sense.
But I always use scum to mean mafia unless I am specifically talking about mafia compared to another anti-town faction (as I just did hear). I doubt that I'm the only one who does this.
imaginality wrote: - qvestion: does it make zense to haf targeted his scumbuddy EK on niyt 1?
In a bastard game when you have an ability and don't know what it does, you generally assume negative effects if you assume effects at all. I'll admit I didn't expect effects, so I was actually guessing who would have gnomes. But no, if I was scum, I'd have asked EK who her role was at night. Don Quijote (spelling?) would probably not have gnomes.
imaginality wrote: - qvestion: vud I as mafia get into 50/50 vif desglork yezterday?
Not if you thought he was town. But if you were a scum thief with damning evidence on desglork to show that he is SK, then you probably would assume you'd be able to get his lynch easily and maybe even look like confirmed town.
imaginality wrote: I agrree zat Isacc himzelf clearrrly did ssink 'scum' = 'all non-town-aligned players'.
Why do you assume this? Isacc is a newer player and may not have made the connection.
Plum wrote:I don't think Isacc would have risked saying 'Plum is confirmed Town unless I was roleblocked' unless he was certain that such was the case.
Or he assumed, "I'm a weak doc who dies if I protect scum. Plum is still alive. She's town if my protection was successful".
Plum wrote: I had an idea about a possibility for you being jailed scum whose kill went through, but I have to sleep on it and I'll see if it still makes sense in the morning or what.
He'd have to be untargetable I think. And I just realized this is impossible because Cow and I both got guilty results on him.
imaginality wrote:Affter anozzer musingk, I am leanink tovards Plum as scum. Mainly bekoz, if Kmd is scum, vhy vud he rrrroleblock me (vell actually jail me, but he may haf fourt it only rrroleblocked me) if he vanted to get me lynchsshed today? Vhy not push for me to help him lynch Plum?
To be fair, I took Plum as confirmed town coming into the day.

But no, it wouldn't make sense to block you as scum. I probably would have blocked Cow because of his investigative ability.
imaginality wrote: Vhichefer of you is scum, I still feel zat, vif all three of us agreeink I vas rrroleblocked last night, I am more in ze clear zan eizzer of you.

If you don't agree: can eizzer of you point me to
any
game in vhich a rrroleblocked and/or jailed scum player (veffer mafia or SK) vas still able to make a nightkill dezpite beink rrroleblocked/jailed?
Hmm. Sly hinted at dying anyway, so that may or may not have been a kill. But Cow's death. That was done by a player who is alive right now. Unless there is a role that is dead and still allowed to play. But only Zombie makes sense for that and he was aligned with Cow. I guess I can accept that there is a very good chance you didn't make that kill, meaning it is likely that Plum did.

I still won't vote because I don't plan on making a quick decision and losing based on it, but I have to say you've done a good job of explaining yourself.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen Plum as scum, so I have no clue what her scum game would look like. (She saw me screw up as scum in Mirth's other game, but hasn't seen one of my good scum games yet :lol:)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1447 (isolation #202) » Tue May 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Imaginality
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1454 (isolation #203) » Tue May 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

:twisted:

Holy smurf!

I didn't think I'd pull this off.

Why wasn't it a shared win though?

Plum recruits me on the same night I kill her. Actually, if I checked her for gnomes, I couldn't kill her if I'm a JK. And if I didn't kill, she could recruit me.

I'm not complaining with a win. Just confused is all.

I think we need to see the setup. XD

Anyway, good game guys.

I killed dahill N1, but not because I thought he was a lyncher. He actually looked protown, and I think he named all 3 scum on Day 1 if I remember right. I know someone did.

Killed Isacc Night 2 because he was obviously town at that point.

Day 3, I was one-shot unlynchable as compensation for a mod error. EK shouldn't have been killed when she was. I used my compensation to claim invincibility hoping to redirect Des's kill if he had survived.

Night 3, why'd I kill Cow? He was more likely to lynch me. I figured I'd be more likely to convince Plum on Imaginality than I could convince Cow. I blocked Imaginality because I was a known roleblocker and it would look good to block my "suspicions".

EK did a great job of looking protown. Darox could have played better.

Plum and Imaginality both played well. Imaginality could have worked to look more protown though. I guess he did survive to LYLO though.

Imaginality, did you know you were a vig? Did you ever kill?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1459 (isolation #204) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Plum wrote:Mirth, you said you'd comment on my roleclaim . . .
also, where did Kmd get the were-llama flavor? Did he make it up? Huh???
Made it up. Didn't even see were-llama next to Caf's name. Funny how there were actual were-llamas in the game. But actually, if you look at my claim, I mentioned "alpaca" and "weresasquatch". I never actually said were-llama.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1462 (isolation #205) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Plum wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Plum wrote:Mirth, you said you'd comment on my roleclaim . . .
also, where did Kmd get the were-llama flavor? Did he make it up? Huh???
Made it up. Didn't even see were-llama next to Caf's name. Funny how there were actual were-llamas in the game. But actually, if you look at my claim, I mentioned "alpaca" and "weresasquatch". I never actually said were-llama.
Maybe you were crumbing to me, I thought :wink:.
Protip: I rarely breadcrumb. I did it once. I breadcrumbed by using the first letter of every sentence to spell out "MASON CHARTER". He claimed on like Day 2 and pointed out my crumbs. Even with that we STILL got called scum. So I really don't crumb anymore.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1465 (isolation #206) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I have to agree with Sly that this was an amazing game. See the scummy thread btw.

Thank you <3
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1467 (isolation #207) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mirth wrote:
I need a break from mafia when I'm done modding my current newbies

Farside (she's taking a break now too
What? One of my favorite Mods and one of my new favorites both taking breaks at the same time? Now what am I supposed to do when I want bastard games? Tar's and Poker's are fun too, but it's not the same.

*Prepares for withdrawl*
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1472 (isolation #208) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Plum wrote:crushing defeat.
:lol:

Sly, you could have claimed Chuck Norris. I probably would have. Bite=roundhouse. And Chuck Norris never loses. So it fits.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1496 (isolation #209) » Wed May 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mirth wrote: On a side note: I kinda wanna nominate Plum for a title. Maybe Elvis's Long Lost Love :P
Loved by alpaca lovers?
Mirth wrote:Yeah, its kind of a shame you died early because I didn't get to see the "oh crap, the kill I ordered didn't go through, is there a busdriver or something?" panic from scum. I would have liked to see the "scum can't night talk and don't now each others win conditions" thing in action a bit more. Hmmm...might have to do a Congratulations Redux at some point in the future.
I had assumed we all sent kills and it was somehow decided (maybe randomly) who got their kill. I was surprised to see my kills on dahill and Isacc go through. More dahill than Isacc because I figured EK may go after Isacc too.
imaginality wrote: I only broke it day 4 because of Kmd's vote on me. Man, all the stress that vote caused me thinking I was about to get mislynch, when town were already guaranteed to lose whatever happened...
I only unvoted because you seemed to be doubting Plum's confirmation from Isacc's protection, so I didn't want her to confirm herself by not hammering. At that time, I still thought you were both town, and thought Plum was confirmed town.
hasdgfas wrote:also, mirth, did you tell kmd that he had 1-shot unlynchability? Because not telling him might've been better.
It was compensation for killing my scumbuddy. Although maybe it would have been fun to be lynched and still be alive with no idea why. I don't think I was very close to being lynched until I claimed invincibility though.
dahill1 wrote: Also,
dahill1 wrote:
SlySly wrote:I didn't exclude myself. I already know who I think is scum. I want to know who everyone else thinks is scum, other than myself, before I get lynched.
if you are not scum, then kmd/EK/Darox atm
grrrr :)
There's the post I was talking about. :lol:
Mirth wrote: Has: that may be, I panicked when I realized I screwed up with Elvis. I originally gave Kmd the choice of calling of the game or keep going.
You could have let me recruit Plum as my new scumbuddy. :twisted:
Isacc wrote: Kmd had me fooled until the role-claim. It was a nice gambit, with the whole tunneling on me, however I didn't buy the cop-roleblocker combo. Too OP to believe there.
I actually would have gone after you like that as town too. No hard feelings?

And I didn't know I was a RB or I wouldn't have even bothered to claim paranoid cop. It seemed like a good way to explain my attack on you though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”