Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hmm well my gut is saying VP. The way he tired to make me being on Cheif's wagon as scummy yesterday just rubbed me the wrong way. Combine that with looking at the rest of the player list he is the only one other than maybe Farside, I could see as scum.

The only thing that seems to be against that line of thought is the actions of night one. slysly targeting VP and FL watching... So yeah. I'm not sure what to think right now.

Waiting for others to check in before jumping on any kind of vote.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Me too.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Please let me claim next forb. VP just outted himself :D
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ha! I juts realized I am the only one left... doh. And I have just realized I may have jumped to a false conclusion about VP, but something is up with his claim...

Anyway, I am the memory keeper. Each night I get to chose 5 posts from the thread that day to save into the games long term memory. This was pretty hard thing to decide considering the first day was 30 pages or so. Anyway, what I tried to do is save posts I thought were “important” in some way. I took the opportunity to save big case posts when I could, especially if the player used a lot of quotes. That way it got the most info persevered if that makes any sense.

Day 1

Post 2 :
Slysly quoted a lot of the opening exchange of the game in here so I saved this one. He was also referring the fight him and forb had in day one.

Post 3:
raj suspicions post. I figured that seeing as he was confirmed town, saving his thoughts on all the players could prove useful.

Post 4:
rofl quoted an exchange between him and DGB that I thought was interesting so saved that.

Post 5:
Slysly posting that raj's claim was true. I thought this made him the SK... Wrong about that.

Post 6: VP save.

Post 7: VP's post?

Post 8:
Mine. I decided to save all the lynch scenes complete with vote counts.

Day 2

Post 9:
Seems to be misquoted, but it was forb expressing some suspicion about chief.

Post 10:
Wall-E grasping at straws, saved by me and VP?

Post 11: VP's post? When I glanced at the game thread that day I thought Elvis had got a post number screwed up. I was trying to save Chief's BS pandering to DGB and her vote for X. Instead this one comes up. Did you save this VP? Why? It's useless...

Post 12: VP save.

Post 13: VP?

Post 14:
This is saved by me, saves rofl's narrative and his suspicions about Wall-E

Post 15:
Lynch scene, mine.

No day three saves because as forb can testify I was roleblocked. As you can see we have a couple of issues here. Day one, VP has claimed to have saved post 3 (the raj suspicion list) and post 6. I agree he saved post 6, that's not one of mine, but neither is post 7. I
did
save post three though.

On day two, post 10 was saved by me, not VP unless VP has the power to change one of the posts I saved. In this case, maybe him saving post 10 overrides my want to save it and he could change one of my posts, namely the one were I wanted to save chief's vote on X and he changed it to that crappy post by Wall-E (post 11) As you can see there is three posts unaccounted for here. Going off my memory the five posts I wanted to save were :

forb's early suspicions on Chief
Cheif's lame reasoning on her X vote
Wall-E's attempt to scramble X's claim
Rofl's narrative/Wall-E suspicions
Lynch scene.

This round I did not save slysly's big case post because I had started to believe DGB was town.

This might be a bit of a stretch mind you but I know for a fact I did not save post 7, 11 and 13 that VP is claiming not to have either. Why would he lie? Right now I think VP has the ability to electroshock my memory and change the posts I chose to save to ones he wants, mixing in a couple for good measure. Why else would his posts not be saved last night when I was roleblocked?

Vote: VP
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar Post 43 wrote:Wouldn't the DGB roleblock be negated from the kill? I knew someone else besides me had to be saving posts, but I find it strange that Sotty would be blocked if DGB was killed.
No. Roleblocks go though
before
kills in the order of night actions. So if DGB had picked the last scum to roleblock she would have saved her life. Instead she blocked me and she died anyway.

You still haven't explained why your posts weren't saved last night.
VP Baltar Post 43 wrote:
Vote Forbidden
btw.
Errr... Why?
forbiddanlight Post 44 wrote:
yeah forb i did my best to indicate to you that i was the one responsible for the treats you were getting without being completely blatant. fortunately the amnesia thing lends itself to targeted breadcrumbing, because scum can never go back and look for the breadcrumbs.
Yeah, I figured it was that. Good play as I picked up on it. I'm amazed I didn't out you to be honest (since I sometimes make such stupid mistakes)
After you received your one shot watch on night one, I thought you were a thief that stole from rofl with the way the two of you interacted over that whole thing. So yeah, the inventor and forb being rofl's target makes sense to me. I believe both claims.
SlySly Post 45 wrote:3. VP is being pressured hard by a few people now, but I have protected him twice and no one has attempted to kill him. I find that a little strange with all the love DGB received in this game. Maybe there is a slight DGB fear factor amongst the scum.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this point. No one trying to kill VP fits if he is scum. As for the rest of your points, I really really doubt that we have a 4 man scum team
with
an SK. Forb and rofl can't be scum together. I agree that Farside hasn't done much but what she has done hasn't been that scummy. Basically I'm of the opinion that if she was scum she would have more interest in the game. Yeah, yeah I know WIFOM and all that, still the discrepancies in VP's claim are clear. To me at least.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It's not gut, your claim doesn't add up VP.

You are 99% sure the last scum is Farside. What if your wrong, who else do you think is scum?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

SlySly Post 88 wrote:There are unexplained posts that somehow survived the nights, so I would say the likelihood of a 3rd post saver is greater than 0, assuming the post saving claims so far are truthful.
Well I just happen to believe VP is crazy lying because he has claimed to save the same post as me on day 1 while the day still has two other posts that are unaccounted for. I highly doubt there is two town post savers let alone three total in game (2 town and one scum) VP's flavor fits as scum for me.

Never mind the fact that he tried to make me look scummy for being suspicious of Chief on day one and like rofl said, seemed to be testing the waters for my lynch today.
VP Baltar Post 91 wrote:
Unvote

I don't know, farside is giving off major town vibes now I feel. This is the first game I've ever played with her, so I don't have the meta to back it up that you guys might, but her indifference does seem to fit with what she has said about leaving the site for a bit.
Indifference is a null tell. If you are that nonplused about mafia it wouldn't matter what role you have.

So who's scum for you now VP?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #107 (isolation #7) » Fri May 08, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar Post 94 wrote:
Sotty wrote:Never mind the fact that he tried to make me look scummy for being suspicious of Chief on day one and like rofl said, seemed to be testing the waters for my lynch today.
Stating something was potentially suspicious before we had information about Chief and 'trying to make you look scummy' are not the same thing, and that seems a blatant misrep to me. Also, I was testing the waters for your lynch? That's a pretty interesting interpretation of me saying this in one of my first posts of the day:
VP Baltar wrote:If we take forbidden's softclaim at face value, that pretty much clears sotty and SlySly.
I think they are the same thing. It was when DGB was trying to say me random voting JVW and then pushing Chief's wagon on day one looked suspicious. You latched on to her unease and helped push that line of questioning. No missrep, that's what happened.

I find it hard to believe that someone that has been playing almost six months doesn't know the order of night actions. I just feel like you were trying to see if I was a lynchable candidate with that line of questioning. Although, slysly did ask if a town roleblocker could block town roles, so I could be off with this point.
VP Baltar Post 94 wrote:Other than me, who do you think could be scum? I haven't seen much participation from you today other than saying that there is no way my claim could fit because of yours.
Honestly? I just really believe you are lying and scum so I really don't have much of a second suspect. If by some miracle you flipped town on lynch then I would be looking at farside or forb. I just don't believe that is going to happen though.
farside22 Post 95 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
SlySly Post 88 wrote:There are unexplained posts that somehow survived the nights, so I would say the likelihood of a 3rd post saver is greater than 0, assuming the post saving claims so far are truthful.
Well I just happen to believe VP is crazy lying because he has claimed to save the same post as me on day 1 while the day still has two other posts that are unaccounted for. I highly doubt there is two town post savers let alone three total in game (2 town and one scum) VP's flavor fits as scum for me.
Just a non plus question but is't it possible that you both saved the same quote? I know the odds are high but I really can't see VP as scum on this
See that's an issue. If you go back to post 41 where I break down the posts I saved and the posts I didn't there are discrepancies. On day one VP has claimed the 3rd post and the 6th post. He claims that he can save two posts every night, I can save five. This means there should be seven posts all that should be able to be traced back to their owner. If VP and myself
did
both chose to save Raj's post, otherwise known as post three, then surely there would be only six posts saved.

There is not. There is seven posts one of which has been unclaimed, post 7. It doesn't add up.

Day two is slightly more complicated as I believe part of VP's “electroshock” ability is that he can alter my memory, isn't that what electroshock does? Alters brain waves and patterns? Anyway, on day two there are three posts that I didn't save and only four of mine went though. I think part of VP's power is that he can alter some of the posts I saved. The post missing from my day two saves is a damning one of chief pandering to DGB before she voted X. My theory is that VP didn't want that post making it to the next day to be used against his buddy. Just pretty funny that Chief died that night anyway.

Add on top of that this 50/50 chance of saving posts? Please... The one night I get roleblocked VP can't save his posts? How fitting.

I think that his role hinges on mine, that he can only save posts though me by altering or changing my memory. I think I am his electroshock patient each night and he can add in memories for me and even alter ones I have.
SlySly Post 100 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote: I highly doubt there is two town post savers let alone three total in game (2 town and one scum) VP's flavor fits as scum for me.
How do you explain the posts you didn't save then?
They are VP's. That's my whole point. He has been lying about what posts he has saved to make himself look better.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Fri May 08, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar wrote:You theory doesn't even fit though Sotty becuase you are saying I didn't alter your posts on N1, but did on N2. You are also claiming that I can save posts that you didn't save. How is that "hinging" on your ability? Why wouldn't I alter your posts both nights? Wouldn't I want more posts suiting to my goals if I was scum and less of yours as town?
I'll say it again.

I don't believe you chose to save raj's post. That is why on day one there is seven posts. Five that are mine and two that are yours. One you claimed, one you didn't.

On day two, either you met a requirement (choosing one of the same posts of mine as a guess) that enabled you change what post I saved or it was an ability you had all along and you used it. Either you couldn't use it on my day one saves, or you chose not to because nothing I saved was of consequence.

Why else is there only 4/5 of my saved posts and three other posts. One you claimed and the other two you did not claim in the day two saves?

I don't buy your 50/50 claim. I think it is too unlikely that you would win your 50/50 shot every night I wasn't roleblocked and then “lost” it the night I was blocked. I believe your role hinges on mine that you conduct the electroshock (not the paitent you claimed) and as a result you can insert memories into the game and even change what I think I remembered.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I remember a time when this game was fun :(
SlySly Post 114 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote: I don't buy your 50/50 claim. I think it is too unlikely that you would win your 50/50 shot every night I wasn't roleblocked and then “lost” it the night I was blocked. I believe your role hinges on mine that you conduct the electroshock (not the paitent you claimed) and as a result you can insert memories into the game and even change what I think I remembered.
This is one serious reach, in my opinion.

There are posts that neither you or VP have claimed. How do you explain that? Why do you think it is so unlikely that you and VP happened to have chosen some of the same posts to save?

50/50. 2 out of 3 not that unlikely.
Right now I'm working under something of assumed logic.

VP's role and flavor can easily be scum as I have said. In his position I probably would have done the same thing. In that I would have adpated what my PM said and tweek it to be be townie.

That in a balanced* game there would be one scum role controlling the posts saved and one town role.

When I look at VP's claim and weigh it against his behavior it just smacks of scum to me. I have stated why many times, and to a point you are right. Some of what I say is a little bit of a reach but with the info we have right now I strongly believe VP is scum. I think he should be lynched today because of this and also because of the two points I made above.

Neumerous people have stated that VP has felt townie all game. I don't believe it. I had a bad feeling about him before this day started and his weak claim just convinced me. I want to know why VP is a townie to you.

(*Balanced as in the sense of what we know about the set up right at this very second.)
SlySly Post 115 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote: They are VP's. That's my whole point. He has been lying about what posts he has saved to make himself look better.
How would the unclaimed posts make you or VP look good or bad? I don't see any reason for either of you two to lie about those posts one way or the other.
Because why would anyone save post 11 for example? That post helps no one do anything. The posts you save and explanations why could be quite telling. The fact is this role/ability could have been more powerful but the saved posts were hardly used so in the end it was almost pointless.

So Slysly, post 119 leads me to believe you are voting forb simply because you don't like her? If not, what was the point of this post if to do nothing but fan the flames and steer discussion away from the game and to the ridiculous personality clash the two of you are having?
SlySly wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote: Either way, you ARE effectively a townie given my view. There is an off chance you are scum, and I REALLY wish I could get you lynched for being a fucking prick, but whatever.
forbiddanlight wrote: (yes, I'd unclear SlySly is VP flips town. He's not COMPLETELY confirmed)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! The straw that breaks my back is me supporting yet another townie.

Squirm on, scum-ess!
The thing is slysly... She's right. You aren't totally cleared right now, you could be a mafia roleblocker. We do have the result of you targeting VP so it backs your doc claim up to a point, but if VP did flip town, you would be back in play in my eyes.
SlySly Post 121 wrote:@ Sotty

Take a look at the unclaimed posts that survived. Now, take a look at how forbiddan communicates with me. Now, ask yourself who would be the most likely player to have quoted those specific posts?
I see your point, seeing as two of the unclaimed posts are ones to do with you.
SlySly Post 124 wrote:VP stated early in this game something along the lines that he was new to the site though had played a fair amount of mafia elsewhere. Since then, he has asked many things that set off your scumdar that seemed to me to be questions for clarification about the specifics of the rules on this site.
Like what? Here is why I was suspicious of VP
before
we massclaimed.
Sotty7 Post 21 wrote:Hmm well my gut is saying VP. The way he tired to make me being on Cheif's wagon as scummy yesterday just rubbed me the wrong way. Combine that with looking at the rest of the player list he is the only one other than maybe Farside, I could see as scum.

The only thing that seems to be against that line of thought is the actions of night one. slysly targeting VP and FL watching... So yeah. I'm not sure what to think right now.

Waiting for others to check in before jumping on any kind of vote.
Can you explain exactly
why
VP is town to you? Ignore forb for one second and tell me why you refuse to believe VP could be scum given his play in the game so far.
VP Baltar Post 127 wrote:Sotty, did you write down the posts you saved or are you just going from your memory?
The whole posts? No, I simply wrote the post numbers down on my pad her with my vote records. I also have the sent PMs for clarification. The day one post saves came complete with post numbers so it was easy to match those up. Day two's didn't, but I remember my though process.
roflcopter wrote:forb is not getting lynched today. if you want to see anyone other than vp lynched today, you can switch your votes to farside. forb is town. i'm impressed that whichever of the two of them (baltar and farside) is scum has managed to squirm their way out of what should have been a guaranteed town win through sheer process of elimination.

there is zero scum motivation for forb to actually reveal her watch result confirming sotty as town.sotty is confirmed town.

slysly is claimed doc thingy, confirmed to have a targeting ability that does not kill its target by (again) forb's claimed watch result.

this leaves farside, who is playing the pity me the poor vt thing to the hilt, and baltar, who has put the most effort into making sure anyone and everyone is a possibly lynch candidate today and tomorrow and whose role has zero bearing on his alignment.
This! Agree! Adore! Other similar sentiments.
SlySly Post 138 wrote:
roflcopter wrote: if you want to see anyone other than vp lynched today, you can switch your votes to farside. forb is town.
If my vote were to move now, which it won't, it would move to you. Either you are scum that gave forb powers or forb is scum that received your powers.
If rofl was scum why wouldn't he give the powers to his buddies?

If forb was scum why would she clear me?

Seriously both forb and slysly, this has gotten
waaaaaaaaaaaay
out of hand and think the two of you need to take a step back from each other. Rigth now you are simply flooding the game with your petty back and forth that really drains the fun. I really don't appricate sly refereeing to forb as a dog either. That was taking this crap to the next level.

If we could get back to oh... I don't know...playing mafia? I would be grateful. In fact I'm pretty sure I won't be the only player that will be.
farside22 wrote:fine rolfcopter but I blame you if your wrong. Don't go OMG far is scum with nothing. This game has gotten into my lost category.

unvote
vote: VP
...I love you.

I started this post before farside hammered and had other things come up so I didn't see the hammer until I clicked over here. Now I am a happy camper.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #156 (isolation #10) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

roflcopter wrote:i will be happy to never play in a game with sly again
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #168 (isolation #11) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Strange. Maybe there was a mistake on mine or the mods part, or some kind of game mechanic that fit it all.

Anyway... Yay!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #214 (isolation #12) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Sotty7 »

This game was a lot of fun. The end got a little silly there, but that happens with strong personalities I guess.

I would defo play in a game like this again :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”