Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Policy
Unvote

I've given the game a cursory read, but obviously the most relevant current information is trying to make sense of Dejkha's claim and how it affects what we should do. I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow with my thoughts, but right now it looks like a mess to me no matter how we approach it.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:29 am

I'm tempted to believe dej's claim. It doesn't make sense for scum to claim that at all because if he doesn't die for whatever reason tonight, he'd basically be an auto-lynch the next day. Furthermore, I disagree with nonny on the brief jester speculation, it seems unnecessarily complicated for a jester when simply claiming vanilla townie and irritating the town for a few last posts is almost a guarantee to be lynched.

Unfortunately optimum strategy would require knowledge of both the full attributes of the town and scum which obviously can’t happen. As it stands I think the best course of action is to find another target today and let the chips fall as they may at night because speculation about roles at this juncture is pointless.

As for targets I like the arguments put forward by Spolium about his target. I’ve got further suspicions about Spolium at this point, he tunneled pretty hard on dej which always raises my eyebrows and he seems to forget his post restriction at a rate that suggests to me he isn’t afraid of being modkilled because of it which then suggests to me that his post restriction isn’t authentic, but those are minor things compared to the arguments presented against RBT.

As it stands however, I believe RBT is the best choice today; she’s provided next to no content other than agreeing when it’s easy and convenient to do so; making it obvious she’s still around but simply and willfully not participating. Also, if we assume her post restriction is authentic then her lynch would be helpful in at very least eliminating how the town is broken up between scum and town.

Vote: Riceballtail
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 am

dejkha wrote:You mean would it sound like I sound my ability in the flavor text? I don't think I understand what you mean...
Is there any indication that your martyr death will have a different style of write-up then a death where you're killed by scum? So that the rest of us could differentiate between you using your ability and you being killed by scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:54 am

Isn't there a point that continually forgetting a PR moves past simple forgetfulness and moves into willful negligence though? Furthermore, there are other people (so it seems) with post restrictions in the game and with the topic hot at the time it would be as good a time as any for the mod to clarify his handling of them regardless of whether your PR is authentic or not.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Riceballtail wrote:Actual post coming later, but for now, I can definitely say I will be of more use tomorrow. I also find the case against me to be a weak and easy wagon to get rolling. If you honestly think that you can think clearly when you are upset about something, then I don't know how you do it. Anyway, more later, mkay?
This is a terrible post, because it's a complete setup for someone to ask, "Why will you be of more use tomorrow?". From there you have two responses I can see..

Either you'll claim to be bad on day one, but that you're much better on day two. Which isn't verifiable in the least and I'm not sure why we'd suppose that a lack of interest in or proficiency in scumhunting on one day suggests anything more than the same in later days.

Barring that the logical explanation is your role will help you, but it seems you're exceedingly eager to make a role claim because you're only at L-3 which means there's plenty of time to move suspicion off you the old fashioned way without compromising the secrecy that usually is to the advantage of a power role.

This post doesn't instill me with confidence that you're going to help the town. If you are with the town I hope you can respond and show where I'm wrong and how you'll be more useful on day two, but frankly I don't have that much hope.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:38 pm

23 and a half hours till deadline. While I'd like to hear from RBT again, we shouldn't press our luck too far and end up with a no lynch even if that means caf is the one who has to grit his teeth and place the hammer.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:54 am

Empking wrote:I don 't think they're very good because the crux of it that I was pushing for a full claim and I wasn't.
No, she said you were scum because you were pushing hardest on the Post-Restriction claim. And considering you said...
I want RBT to either unarguably claim PRed or stop it.
RBT's statement seems pretty accurate and your last post appears to be a feeble attempt at an evasion.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 am

Empking wrote:Her full claim suggests she thought I was pushing for a full claim.
Empking wrote:She didn't claim her Power Role.
Wasn't really a full claim if she didn't claim her power role now is it?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:34 am

I am in fact incorrect, I went back and looked closer at RBT's post and she claimed vanilla. I missed that on first go around, apologies.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:25 pm

GhostWriter wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I am in fact incorrect, I went back and looked closer at RBT's post and she claimed vanilla. I missed that on first go around, apologies.
I don't think that's nearly as bad as you attempting to set up Empking on something weak like this:

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Empking wrote:Her full claim suggests she thought I was pushing for a full claim.
Empking wrote:She didn't claim her Power Role.
Wasn't really a full claim if she didn't claim her power role now is it?
Which was because of my misread, I didn't think RBT had claimed anything other than her post restriction and her character so with that in mind Empking's statement would be suspicious because in Danny's world of make believe it wasn't a full claim. However, when I went back and re-read RBT's post and realized she had claimed vanilla that I realized I was in the wrong. Just a dumb mistake really.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:37 pm

RestFermata wrote:It kind of looks like DDD wasn't reading, just looking for reasons to attack other players. Why trust someone else's second-hand information when you can go back and read? That tickles my scumdar.
I was looking for inconsistencies and weak arguments, not just to blithely attack someone. I was reading Empking's posts, because of RBT's suspicion, in the context of Empking's posts when based on one of his posts I made an incorrect assumption. It's not like I'm trying to hide that fact though or argue the point anyways, made a mistake, it happens sometimes.
I think the RBT lynch was unfortunate.
Fluffy words that mean nothing and simply give the appearance of being pro-town, not something a townie has to do.
The only person I'm really suspicious right now is DDD. I know he's a popular suspect right now, but beyond the fact that he somehow totally missed RBT's claim--which was a main reason for his initial suspicion, by the way--his posts are somehow strange. He did some quality fence-riding in his support of the RBT lynch, hopping on the wagon without really selling it. Some of his arguments were sound (though previously stated), but some of his logic bordered on "policy lynch" territory:
You suggest I was fence-sitting, but then you claim I used (some) sound arguments and some policy-ish arguments. If I was clearly making arguments for the lynch, then I wasn't really fence-sitting was I? I was promoting the lynch. It looks like you're simply adding in more things to indict me on instead trying to find the truth.

And sure there was a policy lynch component to it, if the policy is that a lynch is the town's biggest asset and not using it is almost always a mistake.

~

I'm not hacking up the quote on the final part, but maybe I didn't explain myself very well at the time. Lynching Mr. Mackey (the PR wasn't relevant other than to give away who RBT was) would provide additional information about whether or not the setup was 4th graders vs. Adults (clearly not) or some other configuration.

~

I'll give another re-read to this thread sometime later tonight or tomorrow and see if I spot anything interesting.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:27 pm

RestFermata wrote:It almost seems like you're blaming his lynch on the deadline. It strikes me as "backing away from it" a little bit.
Yes, I'm blaming the deadline for the lynch to a large degree. I came into the game four days before deadline, Dej was just at L-1 and all the suspicion quickly flowed from him to RBT after Dej's claim and by the time that bandwagon had reached critical mass there was basically no time left to find another target even if we wanted to. So at that point it became an issue of lynching RBT vs. no lynch, where the lynch of RBT was better, but wasn't the best option.
I believe that DDD honestly missed the roleclaim, caf. I think that's just as suspicious as ignoring it, because it suggests that he is selectively reading, as I stated before.
If I "honestly" missed the roleclaim (and I did) as you state then that would make it a mistake. Yet you insist on calling it selective reading like I willfully avoided the post. Furthermore, as far as I can see "selective reading" would be a null-tell anyways, since it doesn't help town or scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Anyways, caf, I don't really have a prime suspect so far today, not enough content from too many players. I did go back and looked at the posts of the player's who haven't been around much and I already have as many or more posts as a replacement then several of them who started the game. I get that real life happens, but frankly that's just unacceptable to me.

ZazieR: I don't like the immediate question of Spolium's PR when patience would've provided an answer. However it's just as likely the actions of over-anxious town as probing scum. Null tell. Frankly, almost all of her early posts are about the various PRs, though I like her note of Eso's post about Spolium. More likely town than scum, just got caught up in the issue of PRs instead of finding scum.

Eso: Agrees too much with what's already posted. His quote, "God help the town if Spolium is Mafia." is likely to ripe for over-analyzation, but basically every way I turn it it looks scummy. I think his attacking and voting lurkers is ironic and nonsensical. After RVS his first vote was placed on my predecessor who at that point hadn't posted for eight days and had only confirmed/RVSed. Either he was looking for an easy target that wouldn't raise any suspicion or he didn't do any critical thinking about the situation. I don't like either answer. Think he's more likely to be scum than town at this juncture.

Nico: Eight of her 17 posts have had no real game content. That's a terrible ratio to have. Can't get much of a read because she doesn't really have any long posts. This one post does seem suspicious... "Like, I believe her claim but I just don't think it was necessary.
If she wasn't Mr. Mackey, whoever is would have said so. I'm not going to vote her
, but if everybody else does I'm not going to push against it." To everyone else in the town a Mr. Mackey claim didn't automatically = innocent, but Nico either makes a huge assumption or has some knowledge of the setup that the rest of us don't. The only people/person who'd likely have such knowledge are scum. More likely to be scum than town at this juncture.

Rest: Was basically V/LA for most of the first day. Don't like her play on the second though. Seems to be jumping on the easiest convenient target with wishy-washy arguments. I could be biased however knowing my alignment, so right now she's a toss-up.

Ghost: Seemingly V/LA for most of the first day, couple that with a couple posts lacking content and there's little to get a read on. No real objections to his play so far though. More likely to be town than scum at this time.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Vote: Nico

Reasons in post 349. Would like to hear thoughts, comments, rebuttals, whatever about that post from everyone.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:29 pm

GhostWriter wrote:DDD, other than what you said in post 349, is there anything else to separate me, who you had leaning towards town, from her?
When you've posted you've seemingly made good faith efforts to find scum (at least to my eye). As I noted with nico a large portion of her similarly few posts have had no content in them whatsoever and the quote I pulled from her looks mighty suspicious to me and you haven't done anything of the sort.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:09 am

caf19 wrote:incidentally, DDD's only mention of Eso is calling him scummy in 349. But in his next post he chooses to vote nicolio over Eso. DDD: what made nico more scummy than Eso?
I don't care for how you've phrased that, makes it seem like I willfully disregarded him which isn't the case.

Anyways, I voted for Nico over Eso because the quote I pulled from Nico and bolded part of in 349 was the most compelling thing from my readthrough. Hence she was, at the time, who I was most confident voting for and most wanting an explanation from.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:12 pm

caf19 wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I don't care for how you've phrased that, makes it seem like I willfully disregarded him which isn't the case.
I'm not sure I follow you... Still, it means I have to consider you as a potential Eso-buddy.
Maybe I overquoted what I was really objecting to. The phrase that bothered me was, "DDD's only mention of Eso..." Which makes it appear as if I was willfully ignoring Eso other than that single point, when the you could sub in at least three or four other players into the quote and it'd still be accurate. I'm having trouble phrasing this last part, but basically making such a post is attempting to link me to Eso by ignoring or forgetting the context of the situation. The situation being that I'm a later replacement in the game and have few links with any player.
Spolium wrote:@DDD - analysis on Empking, plz
In general I think alot of the grief he's given is unwarranted. In this game he doesn't seem to be doing so well in finding scum, clearly missing with his two targets yesterday and continuing this trend with being incorrect in thinking I'm scum. It appears to me that his vote on me is nothing more than OMGUS which isn't particularly helpful to the town, but seems to fit within his general style. If pressed I'd say he's town, but that's based more on the likely distribution of roles and a lack of scumtells then any real conviction that he's with the town.

@Spolium: Turnabout being fair play, analysis of RestFermata, plz
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:33 am

Empking wrote:Hoew is it OMGUS?
Let's see, you immediatly vote for me following my incorrect argument with you. And then you continue to assert that I'm scum with no listed reasons. Furthermore, I trust that you've actually analyzed my mistake and as far as I can tell there's no logical reason I would intentionally ignore information as scum and if we assume it is a mistake then it seems it is a nulltell. Making it appear to me that the sole reason you're voting for me is that I tried to challenge you on a point.
I see. Well, you are indeed a replacement, but that doesn't really weaken my point. You'd found time to express thoughts on RBT, Empking and Rest before that post, so it's clear that you didn't find Eso incredibly noteworthy prior to then. Also, that bit wasn't the most important part of the argument (the most important part being that you voted for nico over Eso, obv).
Still a non-starter for me. Looking at D2 my focus was drawn by two players based off their current postings. Why didn't I find Eso incredibly noteworthy prior to my isolated reading? Because he didn't post anything noteworthy to draw my attention which was clearly his intention when looking back at his D2 posts.

And no, it wasn't the most important part of the argument, but I'd already addressed that as well as I could. Though to add to it a little, Spolium found my case on Nico to be convincing, so it's not as if I was disregarding a good argument to go chase unicorns, I was following up on what I thought was the best case.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:42 am

Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:Hoew is it OMGUS?
Let's see, you immediatly vote for me following my incorrect argument with you. And then you continue to assert that I'm scum with no listed reasons. Furthermore, I trust that you've actually analyzed my mistake and as far as I can tell there's no logical reason I would intentionally ignore information as scum and if we assume it is a mistake then it seems it is a nulltell. Making it appear to me that the sole reason you're voting for me is that I tried to challenge you on a point.
I'm voting you for your "incorrect" argument not the fact that you had an argument against me. I think that's pretty easy to spot.
Getting somewhere at least. I fully admit to being wrong, the burden I ask of you is to show how my incorrect argument shows that I'm scum and not just an idiot who made a mistake.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:05 am

Empking wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Getting somewhere at least. I fully admit to being wrong, the burden I ask of you is to show how my incorrect argument shows that I'm scum and not just an idiot who made a mistake.
Even if you were right then the thing I did was very minor and would more likely come from scum than town so the fact that you incorrectly made that argument means you're more likely scum than town.
I think I've translated your arguments into logical statements here...

1) If I was right, then you'd have committed a minor slip, but I would be more likely to be scum than town for trying to nail you on a minor point.

Only true given knowledge of your alignment. Furthermore, I wasn't hounding you or voting for you based on this slip, just exploring a possible contradiction. So your characterization of my behavior is incorrect in the first place, but that's all irrelevant because there's no possibility I was right since the contradiction I saw was based on me having incomplete information. Let's move onto the relevant point then...

2) Because my argument was wrong, I am more likely scum than town.

Please demonstrate how using incorrect arguments is a scumtell. Because I would argue that if townies never used incorrect arguments then there'd never be mislynches and scum would never win. Since there are many mislynches then often pro-town players make incorrect arguments. Hence such behavior is a null-tell.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:12 am

Empking wrote:Not so there's a difference between an unarguably incorrect argument and a arguably correct argument against town.
Correct, but what role does intent factor into the equation?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:33 am

Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:Not so there's a difference between an unarguably incorrect argument and a arguably correct argument against town.
Correct, but what role does intent factor into the equation?
You can't know intent (apart from your own). You have to look at actions.
You're telling me you never try to understand someone's intent? That you never explore people's possible motivations for their actions?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:57 am

caf19 wrote:Incidentally, Emp, I don't know why you didn't mention that part of your reasoning earlier.
Empking wrote:Even if you were right then the thing I did was very minor and would more likely come from scum than town
This seems like a better reason to pursue DDD for his attack, not the fact that he made an error.
Seriously? You think I'm scum (or at least that it's a good argument) because I was exploring what I thought was a possible contradiction/pressuring a fellow player? I could see that argument having some validity if I had pushed for Empking's lynch or tried to railroad him in the process, but that's simply not the case here.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 am

Empking wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:You're telling me you never try to understand someone's intent? That you never explore people's possible motivations for their actions?
I look at possible intents but you can't know the player's intent.
Sure, but in some cases one option makes far more or less sense than the others in which case it's easy and often correct to use that as an assumption or toss it out as unlikely.

Given my misread of RBT's claim, my intent was to pressure a fellow player engaging in what I had believed (based upon the given) to be a contradiction.

I'd love to hear what other possible intentions you believe I might have had and how compared to my stated intent it shows that I'm scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 am

caf19 wrote:Please don't exaggerate my arguments or reduce them to one point. I've outlined previously why I consider you a scum candidate - your eagerness to get on the RBT wagon with scant reasoning, and potential buddy behaviour with Eso, form the main points.
And I've already debated/refuted those arguments, if you want to go back to them feel free to bring them up, but I'm not going to bring them up when I'm arguing a completely seperate line of logic.
The action of yours that we're arguing on here could be a continuation of the first of those two - looking to build pressure on Emp using something as small as a bit of semantic pedantry - but it's not a central part of what makes me 'think you are scum' (and by the way there's a big gap between thinking you're scum and thinking someone else makes a decent argument, it's odd that you put the two together like that).
And it could be I was exploring a percieved contradiction that another player had made which would be perfectly reasonable behavior, but because you already lean towards me being scum you view it through those tinted glasses instead of examining the reality of the situation.

And yes, I linked the two, because at least when I say an argument is "good" or "decent" I mean it's convincing. And I'm not going to say an argument is convincing if I'm not convinced. Hence saying an argument is decent to me means that you agree with it's conclusion.
The part of my post that you quoted was an address to Empking about how I thought that part of his post was better than the other part and why he didn't mention it before. I would have addressed it to you if it was a major part of my case. You claim that people are exaggerating your minor suspicion into a tunneling/lynch attempt, but you're bordering on doing the same to me here.
I chose that quote because I believed it to be generally a decent summation of the larger post. That the point against me was not that I was wrong in my argument, but that I was pressuring Empking at all. I was not attempting to exaggerate your claims, merely distilling the point down to a few lines for ease of use.
I don't like DDD's defences much.
And I don't like your arguments so much.
At the same time, though, it's 5 days to deadline and there are still several very quiet people in the game. I don't see much changing in the next five days, so I'm not entirely happy with just plodding towards a DDD lynch in the current timeframe.
At least this is consistent with your stance on RBT.

~~~

Caf, my biggest objection to your case is that it's simply stringing together several "coulds".

Scum Danny could be pushing the easy lynch of RBT OR it could be Town Danny who believes that the RBT lynch was not a great lynch, but better than a no lynch.
Scum Danny could have been faking suspicion on Eso OR it could have been Town Danny actually scumhunting and finding scum.
Scum Danny could've been trying to railroad Empking OR it could've been Town Danny exploring a contradiction that he thought he saw.

I could put together the same style case on you.

Scum Caf could've been avoiding the RBT lynch to give a pro-town appearance OR it could've been Town Caf simply having the right read and not wanting to lynch a townie.
Scum Caf could be making many of the same arguments about Eso that I do in ISO 11 in attempt to seperate them in people's mind OR it could be Town Caf trying to find scum.***
Scum Caf could be attempting to bandwagon a pro-town player in me OR it could be Town Caf legimitately trying to find scum.

The point is that my actions aren't inherently scummy, it's that you've chosen to inerpret them as such, but if you look at most any player you can put together the same style case stringing together several possibilities.

***This is actually an interesting point that I just saw, I don't have time now, but I'll get back to this point later.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:07 am

Alright, time for the interesting note about Caf that I found. He claims my interaction with Eso as being significant in his case in finding me scummy. What specifically doesn't he like? He doesn't like that I leaned towards him being scum, but didn't follow up, suggesting that I was distancing.

HOWEVER, caf mentions Eso only three times in his posts while Eso is alive, the first time merely in a prod request. The second time in ISO #11 he calls Eso scummy using some of the same points that I do in my ISO post #12 that he objected to. But then Caf never follows up. Caf answers a toss-away comment from Eso on D2, but that's it before Eso is modkilled.

So Caf is engaging in some blatently hypocritical behavior here, having engaged in an identical activity that he's using to build a case against me. At a minimum, if Caf is pro-town then he's just demonstrated how this point is not a scum-tell, but I'm still suspicious and I'm going to give Caf's post an isolated read when I get time, soon.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:16 pm

caf19 wrote:DDD, as for my use of 'could' and speculation, isn't that what town play is all about? I don't
know
anything about your alignment - only the scum have such knowledge. What I can do is assess your likelihood of being scum through how closely your behaviour resembles a scum behavioural profile, and that's what I'm attempting to do. Just because I choose not to phrase my case in needlessly dichotomous "yes" and "no" terms doesn't make it useless.
My point is that any good player can spin basically any point, post, or argument so that it
could
be scummy. Thus the burden of proof is higher, identifying highly probably scum actions or finding actions that only make sense coming from scum. When you have a lynchpin like that, then the circumstantial "could" evidence helps build some depth to the case, but simply having several coulds is relatively meaningless.
As for my alleged hypocrisy, well you do have a point that I did a similar thing. It was crappy play from me I guess, although at the time I was being rushed by dej's claim and the impending deadline. I can't fully exonerate you, though, because that's not how the "you did it too" defence works.
Besides being mildly suspicious it was just to demonstrate again that could isn't really good enough. I mean if you're pro-town and do X, it's tough to turn around and suggest I'm scum for doing X because in this case it would be clearly demonstrated that such action could easily be the action of a pro-town player.

Or you could admit to showing us your logic as scum and save us a lot of work, I'm fine either way.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Vote: ZazieR

She has posts since her last post in here so it's not that she simply hasn't been around, it's that she's chosen to not involve herself further in the game. If we the town don't create a disincentive for this sort of behavior then we implicitly condone it.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:11 am

Spolium wrote:- I don't understand DDD's reaction to Caf's #382. Caf's observations were valid, and his conclusion (that DDD must be considered a possible Eso-buddy) is one which any sane townie could reach, irresepective of whether the same argument could be applied to other players who didn't have much of a stance on Eso.
My point wasn't that it was an unreasonable argument because it was perfectly reasonable. My points were that is was incorrect and that it failed to meet a higher burden of proof than mere possibility.
- #395 strikes me as an attempt to spin what Empking said into something with which other players would most likely disagree. Needless to say, Empking clearly did not imply what DDD was suggesting in that post.
And I continue to get in trouble for asking questions. Empking said that you can't know other people's intents and thus all you have are actions, the logical follow-up is to learn if he considers intentions at all so I can better tailor any arguments presented to or about Empking.
- DDD's #411 is the best point he's made in his defence, but it seems to be
too little, too late
, and in itself puts a dent in my view that he was not primarily concerned with getting himself out of trouble, as does this:
Wait, what? I think I spent the last two pages or so solely talking about myself and defending myself, but I'm "not primarily concerned with getting himself out of trouble"?
DDD wrote:Vote: ZazieR

She has posts since her last post in here so it's not that she simply hasn't been around, it's that she's chosen to not involve herself further in the game.
If we the town don't create a disincentive for this sort of behavior then we implicitly condone it.
Are you serious? A POLICY LYNCH? If we mislynch today, we'll be in lylo tomorrow. Worse, if there are actually THREE scum (a definite possibility, since the town appears to be power role heavy), then we're in lylo
right now

This is too much like an attempt to justify a townie lynch without actually presenting a case, and I don't like the forced "we, the town" rhetoric.
vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro
A) Has asking nicely gotten people to contribute, Spolium? Does the deadline on this game seem to compel people to action? No and no, what might compel them to participate? A demonstrated willingness to vote or even lynch them for that behavior.

Look at it from my perspective Spolium, if the day continues on as it has then I get inevitably lynched because I'm apparently the only serious candidate today, except I know I'm pro-town, so if I don't do something to get the game moving then all those bad things about being in LYLO, well they happen anyways.

B) Are you actually suggesting that the game started with four scum or did you just forget that Eso was scum when you suggested we were in LYLO now.

C) Congratulations, you're the 48,003 person who realizes that I have a stilted and often awkward tone. Run the meta, it’s not a tell.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:08 am

Spolium wrote:Pointing out that a reasonable point is invalid because "it's incorrect" is entirely redundant. Scum can take that stance just as easily as town. When it comes down to it, this counter-argument amounts to "prove it" - well, if anything in mafia could be proven so easily, we'd hit mafia every time.
I've asked him to establish that my actions are not just possibly those of scum because any compotent player can do that (see my faux-case on caf for an example), I'm asking him to establish that they are the likely actions of scum.
When one analyses actions, they are seeking true intent. That's the whole point of focusing on actions and behaviour.

You said to Empking:
You're telling me you never try to understand someone's intent? That you never explore people's possible motivations for their actions?

You seem like an insightful chap, so this seems more like a deliberate attempt at misrepresenting Empking's argument and drag the conversation around in circles than a request for clarification.
And if the questioning had been about you or caf or most other players it would've gone in completely different directions and that question would've likely been unneccesary. However, with Empking I'm not sure what goes on beyond the one line posts and since he doesn't spell out anything more than exactly what you ask, sometimes it's neccesary to ask the smallest things so you don't make a fault assumption.
I meant this within the context of #362, where I indicated why I felt that you seemed town enough to swap my vote off you (essentially, due to good cases you presented on others). Since then, your arguments/defence have been a great deal weaker, more like you're grasping at straws than anything else.
I see, unfortunately for me the two players that I found most likely to be scum were both modkilled and half the town has stopped posting and the other half seems most interested in me, so I don't exactly see many good options other than to answer the points brought against me and see if that leads to any interesting points. I wish I could be more aggressive and put forth arguments against other people, but I'm not going put forth arguments I don't believe or support just to appear that way.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:06 am

ZazieR wrote:
DDD wrote:As it stands however, I believe RBT is the best choice today; she’s provided next to no content other than agreeing when it’s easy and convenient to do so; making it obvious she’s still around but simply and willfully not participating. Also, if we assume her post restriction is authentic then her lynch would be helpful in at very least eliminating how the town is broken up between scum and town.
You explained this later. I do think it's a weak reason for lynching RBT.
If you actually believed that then why didn't you step in and either present another candidate for lynch or push the idea of a no lynch instead of just sitting back and letting it happen?
Spolium wrote:Dej, was there any hint that your death would be significantly different flavour-wise, when triggered by your ability?
Very innocent question at first sight, but in the end it's not. Can you tell me why town-Spolium would have liked to know the answer to this?
The same goes for DDD: Why would town-DDD would have liked to know the answer to this?
(I know Spolium gave an answer, however I'd like to know from him why it matters to a town player if scum did or did not perform a kill.)
Because the more information we have the better off we are, it's a very simple principle. Even things we don't think are terribly important might hold the key to figuring everything out.
DDD wrote:Yes, I'm blaming the deadline for the lynch to a large degree. I came into the game four days before deadline, Dej was just at L-1 and all the suspicion quickly flowed from him to RBT after Dej's claim and by the time that bandwagon had reached critical mass there was basically no time left to find another target even if we wanted to. So at that point it became an issue of lynching RBT vs. no lynch, where the lynch of RBT was better, but wasn't the best option.
This combined with DDD's second post, screams scum to me.
If you actually believed that then why didn't you step in and either present another candidate for lynch or push the idea of a no lynch instead of just sitting back and letting it happen?
DDD wrote:Seriously? You think I'm scum (or at least that it's a good argument) because I was exploring what I thought was a possible contradiction/pressuring a fellow player? I could see that argument having some validity if I had pushed for Empking's lynch or tried to railroad him in the process, but that's simply not the case here.
I'm in the mood for some circular logic here :D Here it comes:
Because you can see the validity in the argument only if you had pushed an Empking lynch, you decided not to do it in order to avoid suspicion.
Fail. Doesn't take into account that I had thought there was a real contradiction there, hence I thought the point was relevant to my mind.

To support this continuing hilarity you'd have to believe that I...
Read RBT's role claim and willingly chose to ignore it.
Then breadcrumbed this fact.
Then presented an argument that I would know had no validity against Empking, but intentionally didn't push too hard to leave myself a WIFOM backdoor.
Then admitted to my point being wrong bringing major suspicion from everyone else in the game.

So you have to assume I'm both a genius setting up backdoor after backdoor to wiggle out of this scenario, but that I'm an idiot who wouldn't have considered the most obvious ramifications of posting an indisputably incorrect argument.
DDD wrote:Vote: ZazieR

She has posts since her last post in here so it's not that she simply hasn't been around, it's that she's chosen to not involve herself further in the game. If we the town don't create a disincentive for this sort of behavior then we implicitly condone it.
Yeah, use the difficult words on the Dutch girl :roll:
I don't like to read many pages when I'm busy with other stuff. The mod knows about this, and the co-mod especially.
What's your point actually with this vote?
I'm sorry that I interrupted your laziness. My point was to do exactly what it did, to give you a reason to step back into the game and actually participate.
DDD wrote:Look at it from my perspective Spolium, if the day continues on as it has then I get inevitably lynched because I'm apparently the only serious candidate today, except I know I'm pro-town, so if I don't do something to get the game moving then all those bad things about being in LYLO, well they happen anyways.
So, you're just gonna vote a player who hasn't been posting. In other words, you're doing the same you criticised Eso for. Noted.
FuzzyLightning hadn't posted anywhere for five days after his first post in this game. He clearly had gone missing from the site as a whole at that point, thus voting for him was stupid since what he actually needed a prod/replacement. You on the other hand had been participating in other games since your last post, you were just choosing to ignore this one and such behavior is not helpful to the town at all.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:27 pm

ZazieR wrote:
Misrep. Your reason for voting RBT was weak. I never said that the general case against RBT was weak.
me wrote:As for targets I like the arguments put forward by Spolium about his target [263]... but those are minor things compared to the arguments presented against RBT.

As it stands however, I believe RBT is the best choice today; she’s provided next to no content other than agreeing when it’s easy and convenient to do so; making it obvious she’s still around but simply and willfully not participating. Also, if we assume her post restriction is authentic then her lynch would be helpful in at very least eliminating how the town is broken up between scum and town.
My best work ever? No. But hardly the atrocity some of you people seem to be claiming it is.
Sure, keep it vague. Just tell how this information would have helped us. Everyone can say:
'This information is helpful, because information is helpful'. That's a fallacy.
Wall-E already noted that it's not a fallacy, though it is vague. I'll also note that while I was interested in the answer, my part in it was to clarify what Spolium had asked so Dej could understand it. I'll also reiterate that I'm not going to turn down any piece of information which might help us catch scum.
Did you actually take that part serious?
Apparently, considering I've been hit on all sides on the point it's quite possible that I'm a little defensive about the point.
No, your vote didn't have that effect.
A coincidence then, how lovely.
Before I get into this, was it scummy of me to ignore this game? And why?
It demonstrates an unwillingness to help the town find scum, it slows up the game for everyone making it that much harder for the game to proceed in any fashion, and it limits the information the town has to make the proper decisions.
Also, I asked everyone to give their thoughts about a massclaim. Why didn't you answer that, and what's your opinion of it?
Had to give it some thought as to positives and negatives. In the end I don't think it's a good idea. If the town is fragmented at all after the claims it'll likely lead to an easy scum victory, as will the town taking off together in the wrong direction. I think these are more likely to occur then the town moving in lockstep to victory. Furthermore, it seems possible as Spolium noted to link names and roles, so by undertaking this plan it could give inadvertently give scum the most important information they don't have.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:06 am

Wall-E wrote:DDD: Any response to this or did I miss one?
467 touches on it, basically I had agreed with Spolium's points (which covered most everything raised about RBT) and added two more of my own. Thus the reason for my vote included the general case that had been laid out, so if my case was weak then the town's case was weak in which case why didn't Zazier say anything. If she was talking about just my points I don't think they were that weak and that ignores a large portion of the arguments I was basing my vote off of.

I wasn't trying to misrepresent her position, just clarifying my own and pointing out therefore that her position wasn't strong because of it.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 pm

Spolium wrote:
@DDD
- What reason have we to believe you're town? Please summarise.
Lame answer for a lame question: Because I'm looking for scum and addressing all questions and arguments tossed my way.

Correct answer: All the points raised against me require a presumption of guilt to prove I'm scum. (E.G. If I'm scum it makes sense to possibly mention a partner as scum and then follow-up on someone else.) These points rest upon an unsound foundation because they assume unknown (and in this case incorrect) information about my role. Since by presumption of guilt everyone can be found guilty, we must presume innocence and thus I'm innocent as no significant points have been raised that don't rest upon that faulty assumption.

Correct answer that will only annoy people: This question both doesn't really have a good answer and leans towards asking me to prove a negative which as we all know is impossible. Hence either you didn't really think about those facts when you wrote out the question or you did realize those points and thus trying to trap me into giving some sort of answer you could use for some purpose.

I'm tired and your question sucks, pick an answer from the above.

~

Empking, whatever happened to your theory about a mod not confirming a townie post restriction?

Spolium, your choices are Caf, Empking, and Wall-E. Who is most likely to be scum and who is least likely to be scum of the choices.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:03 am

Wall-E wrote:Woah, DDD. The scum are me and two others? That's interesting. Please expound to me upon why I am included in your shortlist?
I never stated or implied that was a shortlist of who I believe scum to be, it's a shortlist of people that I want Spolium's thoughts on however. Interesting how you made that leap though.
I was with you until you started to WIFOM up your post with all this, "Correct Answer:" stuff and talking about yourself as if unaware of your own alignment (?). Buzz buzz, that's bad stuff to hear.
Congratulations, you've unraveled the great mystery that I overthink most everything I do.

I still think it's a pointlessly hard question to answer, seriously try to come up with a decent response to, "Prove that you're town" without using a bucketful of stupid sounding cliches or presenting things that are just WIFOM.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:10 am

Empking's behavior is poor and if it was anyone else making the same comments I'm sure I'd have pushed for their lynch already. This is the second straight case of Empking's that has no grounding in reality, though this one is even more blatent. Given that I find it a touch curious that Spolium only builds his Empking case when he himself was the target of attack. When Empking was pushing similarly one dimenionsal arguments about me, everyone seemed content to let it happen and wrote it off as playstyle to a large degree. So I found that curious, but it doesn't excuse Empking's even more scummy than usual play. With only four days to deadline, we need to push ahead quickly so that we have time to redirect if we need to, so...

Unvote

Vote: Empking
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 am

Spolium wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Given that I find it a touch curious that Spolium only builds his Empking case when he himself was the target of attack.
The majority of my case is based on Empking's "the mod is lying" approach. How could I have built it before he started pushing that angle?
Sure, but the real reason behind that is Empking pushing falsehoods as truth and as a reason for voting. Which, while more egregious in this case than my own this isn't his first go around with such behavior in this game.
DDD wrote:When Empking was pushing similarly one dimenionsal arguments about me, everyone seemed content to let it happen and wrote it off as playstyle to a large degree.
From my own POV, at the time I was more concerned about you being scum (that's how my read on you was leaning).
Doesn't reflect well on you, if you're so locked into one individual that you're missing suspect behavior from others.

~~~~~

Unvote

While I consider the claim, Empking who did you target last night?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:14 am

Empking wrote:I didn't think he had a pro-town power role but I didn't have a pro-town read on him either.
This statement is a confusing mess.

Caf, can you give us any sort of confirmation that this might be true?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:06 am

Spolium wrote:
Spolium wrote:The majority of my case is based on Empking's "the mod is lying" approach. How could I have built it before he started pushing that angle?
Sure, but the real reason behind that is Empking pushing falsehoods as truth and as a reason for voting. Which, while more egregious in this case than my own this isn't his first go around with such behavior in this game.
If you have something to contribute to the case, kindly support it and cite examples of what you mean instead of complaining about how nobody had a problem with him going after you.
Should've already been clear, but the similarities are apparent. Both times Empking isolated on a single player and pushed them as scum, both times Empking's "logic" was non-existant. In this case it's more obvious that he's just pushing a lynch, but in my own case after discussion it appeared there was a consensus that the point Empking was pushing my lynch on what was possibly useful supporting evidence at best and a complete null argument more that likely.
From my own POV, at the time I was more concerned about you being scum (that's how my read on you was leaning).
Doesn't reflect well on you, if you're so locked into one individual that you're missing suspect behavior from others.
Look, as far as I'm concerned you were both grey areas, but in terms of playstyle Empking is close to unreadable - I'm not the only one who has been guilty of giving him a wide berth on this basis. On the other hand, your tone is - by your own admission - stilted/awkward, and you overthink everything you do then post it. These factors grabbed my attention a lot more.
I can understand why I drew your and other people's attention, but that doesn't excuse neglecting the anti-town behavior of another player. Neither does claiming "other people did it too".
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:18 am

Wall-E wrote:
Spolium wrote: If you have something to contribute to the case, kindly support it and cite examples of what you mean instead of complaining about how nobody had a problem with him going after you.
Should've already been clear, but the similarities are apparent. Both times Empking isolated on a single player and pushed them as scum, both times Empking's "logic" was non-existant. In this case it's more obvious that he's just pushing a lynch, but in my own case after discussion it appeared there was a consensus that the point Empking was pushing my lynch on what was possibly useful supporting evidence at best and a complete null argument more that likely.
For those of us unskilled in reading into pronouns, what argument was likely null or supporting evidence and supporting of what? I'm confused by this post because it lacks referential treatment.
Empking's argument revolved around me mistakenly questioning him on an issue due to me missing part of RBT's claim. After hashing it out most people seemed to accept that it was a mistake and thus no an indicator of alignment, at most it would've been a piece of collaberative evidence used to backup other, stronger points. Empking on the other hand declared it to be clear indication I was scum. (See pages 14 through 17 if you need to go back and read it all again).
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 am

mykonian wrote:Caf claims that he knows something about the nightkill.
Link or post number please.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am

Spolium wrote:I think he meant Zaz.
Yeah, but then his series of statements don't appear to make any sense.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (isolation #42) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:07 am

I think ZazieR is probably overthinking the situation and trying to link Empking and his claim to the information she claims to have when there are simpler and more logical explanations that both permit for Dej not using his ability and Empking being a scum-roleblocker.

I do not believe ZazieR would breadcrum and then claim such an unorthodox role. There's simply too much risk involved for too little reward. I don't have much of a read either way on Empking because of his tenatiously terrible style. He's the better choice of the two, but not an especially good choice to my eye. I will vote Empking if things remain the same and we approach the midnight deadline, but for now I'll join with mykonian and present a third way.

Vote: caf19
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #43) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:35 am

Spolium wrote:
@DDD
- why are you voting caf19?
First, as I already said, I don't think either of the other options were good ones. With myk's vote on caf, caf is at least a viable option today so I'm not wasting my vote. As for reasons specifically for caf...

Mostly hypocrisy - In day one he made a point of the Dej/Spolium debate taking over the thread and allowing scum to lurk and posted everyone's vote count. Fast forward to the present, Spolium has tons more posts, ZazieR who binges and purges in posts has more posts than him, I only had four days of day one and I nearly have as many posts as him. He's active enough to avoid suspicion, but he's under-contributing.

Furthermore, many of his points particularly when he was working over me today were things he himself had done. He called out EsoMonty and then ignored him which he claimed was a scumtell, he was dubious as to why I would pursue nico over EsoMonty on day two when he himself had vote for nico earlier in the day.

Furthermore, caf's vote on Empking based around the two claims is absolutely built on an unsound foundation, he's also stacking lynches in it so that if Empking is lynched and is town then ZazieR is lying and can be lynched tomorrow.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (isolation #44) » Sat May 09, 2009 6:54 pm

1) With even more power roles flipping, I agree with Spolium that the odds of scum having a RB are greatly increased to the point that Empking is back on my board and right at the top of my list as likely scum based on balance alone. And while I agree that Empking's behavior has been rather atrocious, but like yesterday I'm not sure if his "weak tunneling" is in fact a scum-tell and not just an Empking-tell.

2) I'm curious why mykonian seemingly only used his feelings from day one in deciding who scum would be. We had a long day two with tons of information, why would you forgo that and only use half of the information available to us in making reads at this point in the game?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #45) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:26 pm

mykonian wrote:I'm very sure about spolium, that isn't going to change. But wall-e is not that sure.
So you're completely unwilling to view alternative viewpoints in regards to Spolium. And you've already reversed field from saying scum had to be Emp and/or DDD to being "not sure" about Wall-E. I'm not liking either of those statements.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #46) » Tue May 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Spolium wrote:@DDD: Who do you think are the remaining scum, and why?
I think Empking is scum. I think with as many power roles as we've seen come out that scum has to have a roleblocker. With the knowledge of caf's alignment it becomes even harder to see why he would be blocked by a pro-town roleblocker since the transgressions I voted on primarily occurred on D2. Couple that with his voting history and I'm fairly certain he's scum.

Assuming there is in fact two scum left, I'm still a little uncertain between myk and Wall-E, but I'm leaning Wall-E.

Myk has had a bad start to this day, but there's little from the past two days between GW and him that makes me all that suspicious. As scum he easily could've stayed on the ZazieR bandwagon to try and get a pro-town player lynched, but he was the first one to shift targets; I have a hard time thinking scum would make things that much harder on themselves when there was an easier way forward for him.

Wall-E on the other hand spends much of the late day two "not getting a read on Empking" and continuously pushing a (now obviously) bad ZazieR lynch. Only when it's clear that the ZazieR lynch isn't going to happen does he pivot, profess general agreement with the caf case and votes him.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #47) » Wed May 13, 2009 6:33 am

Empking wrote:
I think Empking is scum. I think with as many power roles as we've seen come out that scum has to have a roleblocker. With the knowledge of caf's alignment it becomes even harder to see why he would be blocked by a pro-town roleblocker since the transgressions I voted on primarily occurred on D2. Couple that with his voting history and I'm fairly certain he's scum.
This may seem crazy but I don't roleblock based on what you think.
No, you seemingly roleblock based on the alignment of the moons of Jupiter or at least that'd be as logical as whatever convoluted theory you tossed out to us as your reasoning.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #48) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:05 am

Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:
This may seem crazy but I don't roleblock based on what you think.
No, you seemingly roleblock based on the alignment of the moons of Jupiter or at least that'd be as logical as whatever convoluted theory you tossed out to us as your reasoning.
Caf was scummy day one. That's not crazy and you're scum for acting like it is.
Then why no mention of caf as possible scum from you on day one? No hints, no suggestions, no questions. If you did have such inclinations and withheld them from the town that's fairly anti-town behavior. And then there's the much debated quote where early in D2 you noted that caf seemed pro-town. I find it hard to believe you pivoted 180 degrees that quickly from believing caf to be scum, worthy of roleblocking, to appearing pro-town.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #49) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:06 am

mykonian wrote:DDD, how good are you as scum?
Good.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (isolation #50) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:33 am

Still waiting for Wall-E to show up at all "today" and for Spolium to make another appearance before I decide anything. I'm not sure what the hell myk was doing in the preceding couple of posts though.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (isolation #51) » Sun May 17, 2009 4:51 am

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Still waiting for Wall-E to show up at all "today"
Still this. Not going to vote with Suspect 2A completely MIA.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (isolation #52) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Fuck it.

Vote: Empking
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (isolation #53) » Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 am

Victory!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #54) » Thu May 21, 2009 8:28 am

Pass.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #55) » Fri May 22, 2009 5:56 am

Anyways, the modkills really worked to my advantage since it got rid of another day/night cycle and I think the biggest advantage that I had was that the town never suspected that there was a third party lurking about. Hilariously enough, I tried to lose the game for both myself and the town on N2 because if my kill on Spolium had gone through it would've been two scum to one townie and one SK which with a roleblocker in the scum is a scum win. So thanks for bailing me out of my bad decision Empking.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”