Mafia 759: Street Fighter 4 Mafia-That's Game!

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Porkens »

/confimr
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Porkens »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Vote: UltimaAvalon

I move for a Mass Rolename Claim

I'll even start
Why the self vote?

I might go for a massnameclaim, but not before you explain why you want one.

[quote="EmpKing]
I have a post restriction. I cannot refer to presvisious events in this game.

[b[Vote: ZazieR[/b] - For posting in Mish Mash.
[/quote]

So, you are abel to only talk about what happens in the day we are
in
?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Porkens »

EBWOP: god, tag failure. Sorry.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Porkens »

rokovoj wrote: If the mod based alignment on whether or not the character was a "good guy," that would be.. really really dumb.
Mine is. Is yours?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

rokovoj wrote:It's called a coincidence.
I guess that's a 'yes'.

jakep is among those who want's to lynch Emp for claiming this post restriction...
rokovoj wants to let Emp live through day 1 for claiming this post restriction...

Is there scum in here somewhere?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

rokovoj wrote: I did not answer you question. I meant that it is a coincidence that your role name and your alignment happen to match in terms of.. goodness or badness.

If the mod assigned the names of badguys to the mafia, then we could just mass role claim in a random order. The mafia would have to pick the names of good characters and if they happened to pick a name that someone else who hadn't claimed yet had, then we would just lynch on of the two to find scum. Either that or the mafia would be forced to claim obscure characters, and then we would find them suspicious for picking someone outside the main roster. In short, it doesn't make sense for the role names to be assigned in that way.
I agree with what you are saying here. But I would also add that if one of the scum is Akuma, for example, the mod has most likely provided the scum with "safe claims" so that everyone would be able to claim a nice sounding name regardless of alignment.

I'm still interested in why UA feels that a massnameclaim would be such a great idea.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Why do you believe the mod was incompetent enough to give Mafia the "bad guy" names? What do scum gain from just names?
rokovoj wrote:On D2, have him talk about something that happened D1 and see if he gets warned for it.
Your plan is retarded
Obvious? Check.
Ignoring direct questions? Check.
Needlessly insulting? Check.

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Porkens wrote:Obvious? Check.
Ignoring direct questions? Check.
clearly they weren't important enough
Needlessly insulting? Check.
No insult is given needlessly

So you're seriously proposing a massnameclaim in a Theme game, and essentially refuse to explain why?

If you actually think it would be a good move for the town; the burden is upon you to convince the rest of us. You're avoiding that chore, which tells me you don't actually think it would be good for the town, or you don't care enough to try. Either way, you are not acting in the town's best interest by bringing it up in the first place.

Saying "your plan is retarded" is insulting, not only to the person you're saying it to, but to an entire group of people on this planet. You could have said that the plan was bad, really bad, or whatever, still conveying what you meant. Therefor; the insult was needless. You are being purposefully combative for reasons I don't understand.

Since you clearly have no interest in responding to my question, and seem perfectly content to them (and me) the brush-off, without a second thought, my vote firmly stays.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

Simulpost;
Shin wrote: Just a question to those who are against mass role name claim: why are you against it? It's not that I'm defending it, just curious of why most of you are against it.

I, personally, don't think it will help us so early in the game. But, what are your thoughts?
I'm not against the idea outright, and if UA had a good reason to back up the idea; I probably would have gone for it.

As it sits, there are a few good reasons not to do one. The strongest argument against it that I've heard so far (and it's a fairly good call, too) is that in SF, there are traditional rivalries between certain characters. To out all the character names could put a scum role closer to achieving their win condition.

There are other, more general, reasons that a massnameclaim could be detrimental to the town, but you asked everyone, so I'll let others answer too.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Porkens »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Your biggest flaw, Porky, is the number of assumptions you make, and pass of as fact
Sure, I'll bite; what assumptions have I made and tried to pass on as fact?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

rokovoj wrote:I'm not sure what you mean here. It sounds like you're saying scum would want to know who has certain characters in order to kill them, but I don't think scum would care which character (not player) died.
I'm saying that without knowing how it would benefit the town (that's what I was hoping to hear from UA), it would be risky to do since it
could
benefit the scum.

I've played in 2 mini-themes (out of like 4) where specific characters needed to find and kill, or partner up with, other certain characters. For example in a Grimm's Fairy Tails game Hansel had to let Gretal find him and they became masons, or the wolf had to eat little red riding hood. In a magic the gathering based theme game, the SK had to kill 3 artifact characters to fulfill his win condition.

So, with street fighter 4 flavor, I think it's within the realm of possibility that the scum might care which character dies.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Porkens »

Nuwen wrote: As long as you guys are entertaining absurd mod guessing games about role names, alignment, and possible win conditions for named characters, let's speculate about Panzer's sadism. Think he'd toss a jester into our game?
Sweet Mary, I hope it's Dan!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Porkens »

QFT again. lol.

But... is Dan better in SF4 or is he still a joke character?
I only played him in SF v Marvel...
Dan will always be a joke.
QFT
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Porkens »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Porkens wrote:What assumptions have I made and tried to pass on as fact?
Porkens wrote:you're seriously proposing a massnameclaim
lawl
Ok so you weren't serious; point taken.
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Porkens wrote:Saying "your plan is retarded" is insulting, not only to the person you're saying it to, but to an entire group of people on this planet.
Baww, I coulda said a great many things that are actually demeaning to people, like the plan looks like it was made by someone with assburgers, the plan smells like Jew Gold, and on and on and on. Instead of trying to figure out why the plan is retarded, you slap my wrist and inform me I shouldn't say such horrible things, thus deflecting heat away from the scum/idiot and his plan, and onto me and my dirty dirty mouth.
I'm not interested in how many slurs you know or how edgy you think you are.

Why do you think rokovoj's plan is so bad?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Porkens wrote:I'm not interested in how many slurs you know or how edgy you think you are.
You missed the entire point
Oh no; I saw your accusation and I got your point. But your defense of "retard" not being offensive was to point out that you could have used worse insults is weak. "retarded" is still an insult, no matter how much worse you could have made it.

The language you are using is making it very hard to focus on what you're actually trying to say.

Nuwen, I've got mixed feelings about your post; I agree with what you said about the context of Rok's statment, but I find the vig direction a little much. Especially in light of the fact that you aren't even voting for UA.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Porkens »

Oh Zaz, hi, by the way.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Porkens »

Lynch UA, that is all.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Porkens »

Sironigous, why did you feel it was necessary to ask the mod about reveals? Isn't it assumed that unless the mod specified it somewhere that the game is full reveal?
Good question.

Don't really like post 118 by Tzeenetch. I fail to understand why he felt the need to back up what he was saying with a whole bunch of quotes from other people (Look at all these people who agree with me!). He could have gotten his point across with the bottom half of his post.

What's his motivation as scum to include the quotes then?
I can't say I like the UA wagon. I think it's clear that it would be pretty difficult to get a massclaim going so early in the game, so I don't find it hard to believe that he actually had a different motive for asking for one. In other words, it doesn't look like backtracking.
I think that if just a couple of the newer or sillier players had posted first and gone ahead with their nameclaims, that would have been enough to get the ball rolling. I can totally see this as a possible scum gambit with the suuuper easy escape of saying "oh hecks no it was joke random stage lols"
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Porkens »

Sironigous wrote: UltimateAvalon: Why do you still have your self vote on yourself?
Probably feigning Jester.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:There isn't much to comment? How about if we hear what you have to say about the current case on UA?
FOS
jakep
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

hmmm not how i read it
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Porkens »

Jakep wrote: I generally don't like to really push for cases on day 1, especially this early. Some people play the game much more aggressively, and take little things and blow them up into elaborate cases. Just because I am going to be more prone to suspecting these people as scum, I am not going to make a case on it, until I have something more concrete.
What, would you say, qualifies as "more concrete"?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

If I were vig i'd shoot psyco sniper tonight.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

UA wrote: Alright, thats it. Everything you've said all day just irked the hell out of me, and now you're directing hypothetical power roles.
1) How am I directing anyone?

2) Hypothetical? Do you really think there
isn't
a Vig in this game?!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

@UA: I didn't tell anyone to do anything. If you can't point out exactly where I told the vig to shoot someone, then I don't know why your "irked" beyond the point of endurance.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm absolutely not saying that. Anyone who claims that I am is either misunderstanding or intentionally twisting my words. Which are you guilty of?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

PsychoSniper wrote:Let's see:

If, during a trial, the jury judges the accused to be innocent. Then someone who watches a trial says "If I were the jury, I would have found him guilty.", what can he possibly be saying other than "I think the jury should have judged him guilty."?So enlighten me, how is saying "If I were vig I'd kill you." mean anything other than "I tink vig should kill you." which if you read my last post is how I've been taught to identify as attempting to direct roles. And for someone who accused UA of didging question, you're pretty good at it yourself. You still haveb't explained why you want be dead. That was not a light statement to make, and I think I deserve a proper explanation.
If someone says "I would eat pizza if I could." Does that mean the same thing as "You should eat pizza."?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Porkens »

[quote=rokovog]
Porkens, you are directing the vig, though in a somewhat indirect manner. It's true you didn't say "If you are the vig, shoot PsychoSniper," but what you said was an attempt to influence the decision of the vig (if there is one) by affirming that that was a good idea. It's like if you told your friend something along the lines of, "If I were you, I would sign up for statistics." You're not ordering him to sign up for statistics, but you're making it known that you think this is a good idea, and depending on how receptive your friend is to your ideas, he might follow your advice.

Porkens, why do you prefer to vig instead of lynch?
[/quote]

Well, I think y'all are confusing "I want to do something" with "I think you should do something."

But here;

I think the vig, if there is one (thats for you, UA), should shoot PS tonight.

Now there's nothin' to argue about.

Vig instead of lynch because UA needs the lynch.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

As a vig, I use my gut. I'd love to, by extension, influence, or subliminal suggestion, impart that gut to a/the vig in this game.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

PS wrote: So you think a vig should make a kill PURELY on gut-instinct? Boy, it doesn't get more scummy than this.
Oh, please.

I DO agree with your responses to Blackberry.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Porkens »

Panzer wrote: the biggest chick legs you've ever seen in your life! It is Chun-Li
By street fighter 6, they'll each be bigger than E. Honda!

[hr]
[/hr]
I'm Dhalsim, the yoga-cop. I got a guilty report on jakep.

vote: jakep
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Porkens »

Tzeentch wrote:Porkens, there is no jakep in the game :p

Reading time methinks...
That's pedantic. He hadn't been replaced before this morning. Jakep's
player-slot
is scum, in any case.

unvote, vote Sensfan
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Porkens »

nope.

Tzneenth's response to my report, by the way, is pretty suspect.

No vote, either way, very non-committal to a black and white situation. FOS.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

Jakep wrote: I think the case is really just reaching. The idea for a mass role claim doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me, but it might to someone who knows that the roles are not based entirely on the story of the game. I don't even know the story line for the game, as I haven't played a street fighter game since SF2 Turbo for SNES.

Really its more of a distraction, and I would be more prone to look at the people that are making a big deal out of it, but that is just how some people play mafia.
Non-committal, wishy-washy.
I would like to be more active in this game myself, but I am having trouble finding things to say this early in the game. There just isn't much going on to make comments on.
"Excuse me while I active lurk."
That post restriction does sound absolutely retarded, and hardly believable.
It almost seems impossible for a game of Mafia, because how can you make a case on someone if you can't refer to their past day actions?

Vote Emp
Doesn't jive with:
I generally don't like to really push for cases on day 1, especially this early. Some people play the game much more aggressively, and take little things and blow them up into elaborate cases. Just because I am going to be more prone to suspecting these people as scum, I am not going to make a case on it, until I have something more concrete.
Getting a replacement after active lurking is a mild scumtell.

If I'm nightkilled tonight, and the flip doesn't reveal my sanity, my report will mean nothing and you'll be back at square 1.

If we lynch my guilty result, we'll know my sanity and hopefully also lynch scum.

I see no reason in the flavor for Dalsim to be paranoid or insane. So far, all the flavor has lined up with what I'd expect.

My read on PS was right.

To me, it seems right to lynch.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Porkens »

The difference is that I didn't question my sanity. If you'd come up innocent, I wouldn't have said anything.

I'm not going to assume I'm anything but sane until proven otherwise. If we were in a lylo or mylo situation, I might be more cautious. But, I think it's highly unlikely that we are in one of those situations, so I think we can afford the risk.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #35) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

How did you come up with those numbers?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:23 am

Post by Porkens »

Is that the newbie game? :lol: that was kinda a cool one.

I suppose that's a good question. I had a different attitude, I was more cautious, and I had more time to play. I also felt like this game needed a shot in the arm.

I haven't seen a non-sane cope yet on MS, I have no reason to think I'd be otherwise in this game, so I didn't even consider it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 am

Post by Porkens »

What speedlynch?

And why aren't you busting Emp's chops, if the situation is so scummy?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Porkens »

I've hear of them, obviously. But I've never seen one in a mini normal or mini theme, personally. I'm talking about games that I have been in. Check it if you don't believe me. There might have been on in WOT but I replaced out early in that game.

I never claimed that there wasn't a variant cop in this game. As for my own sanity, until I see evidence, I'm going to go with my own experience.

It's not lylo and we already got the SK out of the way (you're welcome), so we haven't misslynched and are in good shape.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Porkens »

Well, for me it's obvious you're lying, since I wasn't blocked.

But, for the benefit of everyone else; Sens has just claimed a town role that is immune to night kills. Believable? Now that's something I
have
never heard of.

What's your flavor, Sens?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:02 am

Post by Porkens »

And,
Jesus Christ
, now that you've come clean and *proven* that I'm lying scum, your
still
not voting for me?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Porkens »

Yoga investigation (like yoga flame/fire). I can
see
if someone has a killing role or not because of my attunement with
samsara
(paraphrased). The words 'Good' and 'Bad' are used to give me the result.

I suppose my result didn't specifically state jakep's name, but from the context of the situation, I have no reason to suspect that i was redirected.

Ummm...I think we are beyond the whole paranoid/insane crap. and
FOS on roko
for bringing it up again. Sens has claimed un-targetable, which is a lie; I know he as a killing role. pick your horse and vote.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #42) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hah, well, I guess Sens beat me to the punch;

I have been lying to you all, I'm sorry to say.

I am Dhalsim, I am a cop (well, killing-role sensor if you will), and I did target jakep last night...

But, I
was
roleblocked.

I lied because I was confident that jakep was scum. Sens' reaction with the "paranoia" argument was...questionable, but I was dead certain I was right when he changed his claim (because I don't think town would have 'given me the chance to retract my claim' by making such an argument, I think they would just have lead out with "I'm untargetable.")

I also kept up the lie because, initially anyway, I hoped to draw out the roleblocker. Actually, I thought it was rokovoj, for this:
rokovoj wrote:That is... curious. Would also like to hear reasoning behind choice.
the "... curious" implies, to me, that roko knew a little more about the situation than she should. I'm leaning towards roko being scum instead of roleblocker, specifically, now, for the same reason.

Oh, hey we forgot to test Empking (lol). On that subject, if the mafia decide to nightkill me tonight, I'll leave you all with this; There's an important exchange between myself and Emp, somewhere in this thread. However, you should infer no belief on my part as to Emp's alignment.

Sens' distancing from Tzneetch is questionable.

Aaaaaand this is a bullshit post:
Sironigous wrote:Hey guys, back...

I'mma read up on Sensfan/jakep before voting too.
So,
FOS
on Rokojov, Sironigous, and Tzneetch.

If I were vig, I'd shoot UA.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

Jailing me (or anyone else) wouldn't prove your alignment, so I don't really see the point. I don't think anyone is going to counter-claim roleblocker on ya. There's no reason not to believe you.

I still have my doubts about the scum nightkilling me. There's way too much WIFOM on my head. This
could
all be a clever ruse by me and SensFan.

Hehe; "miss an investigation"... like that'd stop me ;)

I'd rather take my chances with a nightkill, since you asked.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
my question is devoid of answer
clearly it wasn't important enough
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:28 am

Post by Porkens »

In my experience, again just going off of what I've seen personally, roleblockers are usually scum roles. Jailers I quite honestly forgot about.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 am

Post by Porkens »

Empking wrote:Pork: Are you a cop or killing-role sensor?
I think I made this clear, earlier.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Porkens »

I think I'll leave you wondering for now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

A town bus driver? huh. Who knew.

Wait, SpyreX, this is an odd post from you; why would you go out and state the obvious like that "since sk is dead im going to assume vig"

I bet you killed one of them, based on this reaction.

Lyncher is, apparently, "a killing role". I investigated Nuwen/Hasdgfas last night and got a "guilty."
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Porkens »

Why? He was town-aligned (as suggested by his coloring).
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Porkens »

rokovoj wrote: Porkens, your result was "guilty?"
Yes.

rokovoj wrote: Didn't you say you get results as "good" or "bad?"
Yes (sometimes even mods make mistakes)
rokovoj wrote:
rokovoj wrote: You do understand that a killing role isn't always a bad thing and if you happen to expose a killing role that's NOT mafia, then you're just telling the mafia who the vig is?
Yeeaahhh, but this report is on a dead guy, so I figured it was safe?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Porkens »

why not vote SpyreX, then?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Porkens »

rokojov wrote: Wait what exactly did "good" and "bad" mean? Is it
good = your investigation was successful and this person can kill
or
good = this person is nice and doesn't kill people
?
bad = guilty = killing role.

good = innocent = not a killing role.

as far as I can tell, although I've never thought of lyncher as a killing role
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

I was right about one replacement, I thought I might ride that horse a little longer. It was a last minute decision, one that didn't pay off.

The answer to the second question should be obvious if you read up till, I dunno, the third page. I'm not going to say any more on that 'till it becomes pertinent. You
should
be able to figure it out.

If you believe that I'm scum and bussed the godfather that hard, then you have no reason to believe what I'm saying now. Everyone has to make that decision on their own, based on what's transpired. I have no more or less evidence than I've already presented. I'm not going to say that what I did was safe, calculated, or necessarily pro-town (although the immediate result sure as hell was).

Still waiting to hear from Emp again.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

Tzeentch wrote:
Porkens wrote:I was right about one replacement, I thought I might ride that horse a little longer. It was a last minute decision, one that didn't pay off.
No reason. Understood.
Mmmmk. I guess you are welcome to your interpretation.
Tzeentch wrote:
The answer to the second question should be obvious if you read up till, I dunno, the third page. I'm not going to say any more on that 'till it becomes pertinent. You
should
Refusal to answer a question, along with the rider that I
should
know then answer, therefore trying to make me look foolish. Understood.
Wow, you totally misunderstood. It's small, and real obvious. I'm encouraging you, if you want to know, to go read
the first three pages of the thread
. You know it's an
exchange
so you don't even have to read all the posts. I guess you're maybe making yourself look foolish? I'm not making any attempt to do so.
Tzeentch wrote:
If you believe that I'm scum and bussed the godfather that hard, then you have no reason to believe what I'm saying now. Everyone has to make that decision on their own, based on what's transpired. I have no more or less evidence than I've already presented. I'm not going to say that what I did was safe, calculated, or necessarily pro-town (although the immediate result sure as hell was).
False dilemma, along with answering a different question to the one I'm asking. Understood.
ERk, um...what? Uhhhh...I guess you wanted me to say, more directly "The only reason you should believe me is because I got an investigative-immune scum lynched day 2?"
Tzeentch wrote: You've just given me three reasons to continue voting you, you realise.
Your attack is bizarre and needlessly combative.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (isolation #55) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Tzeentch wrote:
Porkens wrote:
Tzeentch wrote:
Porkens wrote:I was right about one replacement, I thought I might ride that horse a little longer. It was a last minute decision, one that didn't pay off.
No reason. Understood.
Mmmmk. I guess you are welcome to your interpretation.
The only reason you have provided does not relate to the game, but to the situations of players outside the game. This has no game relevance, and is therefore not a valid reason.
When replacements are part of the game, they do have relevance. People don't always replace for external reasons, it's not 100% either way.

Tzeentch wrote:
Porkens wrote:
Tzeentch wrote:
should
Refusal to answer a question, along with the rider that I
should
know then answer, therefore trying to make me look foolish. Understood.
Wow, you totally misunderstood. It's small, and real obvious. I'm encouraging you, if you want to know, to go read
the first three pages of the thread
. You know it's an
exchange
so you don't even have to read all the posts. I guess you're maybe making yourself look foolish? I'm not making any attempt to do so.
I did re-read the first three pages. I'm actually fairly sure I know what you're talking about. But you avoided the question, and the way you're phrasing it makes it sound like you want me to know but don't want to tell me. That seems a bit... off.
But you yourself are not saying what you think it is. I certainly did not avoid the question, I refused to answer it.
Tzeentch wrote:
Porkens wrote:
Tzeentch wrote:And thirdly... why should we believe a word you're saying?
False dilemma, along with answering a different question to the one I'm asking. Understood.
ERk, um...what? Uhhhh...I guess you wanted me to say, more directly "The only reason you should believe me is because I got an investigative-immune scum lynched day 2?"
You got lucky. You attacked someone, using a lie as the sole reason for the attack. What's more, I asked why I should believe you, and your response heavily implied "If I lied, that means I bussed my own godfather" - which has overtones of WIFOM, but more importantly is a false dilemma that ignore the option of you being in a seperate scum group.
I didn't get lucky, it was pure skill. I was right, he was scum. I DID lie, I lied my ass off, that doesn't imply a bus at all, and I never implied that. What I said was
if you believe that I am scum and bussed my own godfather, then you have no reason to believe what I am saying is true
. Now yes, that does have SUPER overtones of WIFOM, no argument there, but it's reasonable WIFOM, imo.

So you're with SpyreX on this second scum group theory. I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility. I know Spy has played in a 12-player game with two scum groups. Still, with the flips we've seen so far; I doubt it.
Tzeentch wrote:You lynching scum is great, don't get me wrong. But it's definitely not a reason to believe you.
Like I said before; I have no ~reasons~ for you to believe me other than whats transpired. What could I possibly say here?!
Tzeentch wrote:
Tzeentch wrote: You've just given me three reasons to continue voting you, you realise.
Your attack is bizarre and needlessly combative.
I tend to suspect people who lie to get someone lynched. It would be incongruous for me to suspect you and not to attack you.[/quote]

LAL, fair enough, but threatening me with "you've just given me three reasons to continue voting on you, you realise [sic]" is...not productive?

rokovoj wrote:We can at least be sure that Porkens has some ability that's not a mafia nk, since someone died on the first night and he wouldn't have known that I had roleblocked him if he didn't try to use one.
Since I supposedly targeted the untargetable, your roleblock was inconsequential.
Tzeentch wrote:As for the vote... I was pretty much certain that Porkens wouldn't be able to answer to my satisfaction. My questions weren't rhetorical, but it would have taken an exceptionally strong set of responses to dissuade me from voting, and the main point of them was to bring these questions to everyone else's attention.
I defy you to come up with a set of "answers" that would have satisfied this imaginary criteria.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (isolation #56) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hmmm...make a case on blackberry in you please; I'm intruiged but "he wasn't on the wagon" isn't enough.

You also fail to mention Emp, completely. Why?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

Erk, reading is tek. My bad.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #58) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

Tzeentch wrote: As for the vote... I was pretty much certain that Porkens wouldn't be able to answer to my satisfaction. My questions weren't rhetorical, but it would have taken an exceptionally strong set of responses to dissuade me from voting, and the main point of them was to bring these questions to everyone else's attention.
Even after your example posts, I doubt anything would have been sufficient (as you claim in the post above), even though, by your own words, two scum groups and me bussing my own godfather would both be extremely unlikely.

At any rate, my intuition tells me that you're town, so I want to put my attention elsewhere. For now, I'm fine with your vote on me, it's fair.
Tzeentch wrote: One question, Porkens: Why did you come out and attack Sens so aggressively?
jakep, as I pointed out yesterday, flat out enticed me to investigate him with his fence-sitting and the like. I didn't even know he had been replaced when I posted my report. Sens just
failed to change my mind
about the slot, each of his posts making my convictions that much stronger.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (isolation #59) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

Well, that sucks. Any chance we could get an explanation? I mean, if it's personal I understand. Is there no way to get a backup mod to pick it up or is that not possible for some reason?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (isolation #60) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Porkens »

woof.

unvote, vote Empking

I'm sick of his lurking, he knows better.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Porkens »

There's too many scum in this game.

Tzeentch is dead on about SpyreX's behavior.

Sir, your case against blackberry is fine, and a good enough reason to vote for him.

Spy does, however, have a good point about Emp.

So...butts!

I guess I'll go with Sir!

unvote, vote blackberry
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Porkens »

it was, though.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Porkens »

If you're lurking, how can we judge your scummyness? In this case, lurking
is
the scummiest thing to do.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

SpyreX wrote:Yes, I'm really interested in hearing this. (My case on Emp will come soon enough) but I think this is skirting awful close to "breaking his PR".

Which, if I'm right, means that it was a total fake to begin with.
I don't think so. Emp saying "I'm not lurking" is totally in-line with him not being able to reference situations from past days.

Anyway, Emp is Abel, the Amnesiac from SF4 (that's the big clue).

My question is; Emp, are you anything but an Amnesiac now?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (isolation #65) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ahh
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Porkens »

snap.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (isolation #67) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

okay.
unvote, vote Empking
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #68) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Porkens »

im fine with believing sir, there'd be no reason to lie and cover an SK.

unvote, vote blackberry

choo choo
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (isolation #69) » Fri May 01, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Porkens »

considering SK could come out now and basically choose who wins, I'm going to assume rok is a lying scum.

unvote, Vote Rok
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (isolation #70) » Fri May 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

spyrex wrote: 2.) Porkens Day 2 comes out and says sens is guilty. However, Porkens says he WAS roleblocked and that was
mysterious voodoo lying
raw skills
that lead to a scum lynch.
fixed.

I'm glad to see at least rok playing again.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (isolation #71) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Porkens »

Tzeentch wrote:
A
It was not raw skills, Porkens. You claimed you knew Sens was scum when you didn't. That's lying, and no amount of pretending it was pure skill can hide that fact that you pretended to have knowledge you didn't in an attempt to get someone lynched based purely on a suspicion.

B
Once more - why should we believe that you are what you claim to be?
In A you say I didn't know Sens was scum (ps that means im not scum)

B is repetition of the same unanswerable question. But, if in A, you've established that I'm not scum, why wouldn't you believe me?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (isolation #72) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Porkens »

If I am not scum, or at least a scum variant, why would I lie about being a cop? Do you seriously think I would lie to "take control of the game?" Why would I risk, as a townie, loosing two innocents?

I think it's extremely unlikely for there to be multiple scum groups in this game. If there are then the town had almost no chance from the beginning.

A traitor would be the only reasonable possibility, but, well, it isn't the case.

What disturbs me the most about you, Tzeentch, is that you present all these "why should we believe you" arguments but not once have you actually voted for me. You don't think I'm scum, or you'd be pushing for my lynch, so I think your goal is to simply try to discredit anything I say (which, by the way, is a false dilemma on your side because the most you can hope to discredit is my
reports
).

I think you're scum trying to muddy the water.

unvote, vote Tzeentch

P.S.
Tzeentch wrote: But thanks for not arguing about it being a lucky scumlynch.
It wasn't luck. Like I said before; raw skills. Sometimes you don't need inside information to "know" someone is scum!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (isolation #73) » Sun May 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

HAh! I keep forgetting that I did actually lie. The dillema you present is:

"We can't trust Porkens because he lied about his result."

That has nothig to do whitch what im sayin gnow
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (isolation #74) » Sun May 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

wooo, NL huh?

actually, with a live vig, that's not as horrible an idea as it would be usually. Although, it's a fair bet that rok will just roleblock you.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (isolation #75) » Sun May 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

psh, my "power" seems to be worthless anyway. lyncher a killing role?

id lynch rok
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (isolation #76) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

yeah
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #77) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Porkens »

The fact that BUS DRIVER was in green (town aligned) really threw me off, and I totally forgot abou that! wow, go go brain.

I recieved a PM saying I was blocked.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (isolation #78) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Porkens »

Well actually, wait; what difference does it make?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (isolation #79) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Porkens »

SpyreX wrote: The driver means that there is a definite possibility both sir and rok are telling the truth. Which I was having issues with before.
Was there a conflict before? If so, could you summarize it for me because, frankly, damn.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #80) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Porkens »

I'd also like to point out the fact that the mod could have simply neglected to tell Sir
anything
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (isolation #81) » Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Porkens »

unvote, vote blackberry

no nolynches.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (isolation #82) » Wed May 06, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Porkens »

easy scum hammer. Nice White Knighting though, Emp!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (isolation #83) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Porkens »

SpyreX is, apparently, "bad."

I investigated SpyreX last night and, according to my result of "bad," he is a killing role. Now, apparently LYNCHER is also a killing role (what the fuck?) so that would make me doubt my own shit. But since SpyreX has claimed, and there's no way I can interpret it as a killing role (even by lyncher standards)...

Vote: SpyreX
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (isolation #84) » Sat May 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

So rok, you HAVE to jail emp tonight in case he's taken the SK role already (assuming ther eis a night)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (isolation #85) » Sun May 10, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Porkens »

Empking wrote:
Porkens wrote:So rok, you HAVE to jail emp tonight in case he's taken the SK role already (assuming ther eis a night)
I'm not a back up.
While I have no idea what you mean by this, I'm assuming you object to being jailed?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (isolation #86) » Sun May 10, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Porkens »

Rok wrote: Porkens could be paranoid/insane/lying. I don't see how lyncher could possibly be a killing role.

Porkens, why do you want to lynch instead of no-lynch?
NLing, in general, takes all the power away from the town. In this case it's worse because we have an amnesiac who could take the SK role.

If I were going to lie to make you believe me, this time, why would I tell you I got a killing role result from the already flipped lyncher?!
Emp wrote: Porkens wrote:
Empking wrote:
Porkens wrote:
So rok, you HAVE to jail emp tonight in case he's taken the SK role already (assuming ther eis a night)

I'm not a back up.

While I have no idea what you mean by this, I'm assuming you object to being jailed?

So you deny saying this?

Quote:
in case he's taken the SK role already
What? No! Are you intentionally miss-quoting me? What does "I am not a back up" mean?! I asked you this yesterday but since you don't remember (hurfadurf) What is your role?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (isolation #87) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Porkens »

I want you to claim.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (isolation #88) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Porkens »

I want you to claim. Please claim.

Do you think that both SpyreX and I are scum together?! With 4 people left??
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (isolation #89) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Porkens »

dissregarding all the claiming/asked for a claim/blah blah incoherence...
Emp wrote: 50% but if he's not scum I've already lost.

What do you mean by this?

I also want you to claim your blocks, just for the sake of it.

As I see it, SpyreX can be just as easily jailed as Emp, so...

unvote, vote: Empking
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (isolation #90) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Epic ruined us both. I think they call that "Hider" here?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (isolation #91) » Tue May 12, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Porkens »

Aw come on man, you shouldn't hate yourself.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (isolation #92) » Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Porkens »

Empking wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Yea, self-haters are always tough to play with.
People that just repeat the above poster's joke are scum.
This I may end up agreeing with part, depending on if whe have a night after the lynch.

Rok, you know what to do!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #93) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Porkens »

"
SpyreX
: I'm not scum because I confirmed the cop." --
Abortion
Street Fighter 4 Mafia, 2009.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #94) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

Rok is "good"

Vote; SpyreX
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (isolation #95) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Porkens »

:highfive:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #96) » Sat May 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

I guess all I can say is that I was sure Jakep was scum. Of course it was a risk, and I did take the town into my own hands, but I'm unapologetic because it
worked

The mod hated my play, huh? Well, I hated the fact that he /emo-quit from his game and then had the nerve to crawl back.

I didn't understand what a "killing win condition" meant, or at least it never registered with me. Doesn't the town have a "killing win condition"?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (isolation #97) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

I did like the flavor though, and SpyreX's fakeclaim was awesome.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”