Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Casey »

magicrabbit wrote:
roffman wrote:
vote: Extomancer

Bandwagon
a day 1, page 1 lynch
Are you advocating this?

Vote: roffman
Vote: Magicrabbit
for thinking about taking a random vote seriously.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Casey »

Okay, can we please not get a QL, people? Especially on a guy who says he's going to have low activity.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:
Vote: Casey
nobody is quick-lynching. With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Last I checked he was at L-4.
Yes, I know. I felt someone needed to say it just in case we had enough people in this game who thought it might be "nice to see something new" like roffman.

+town to roffman for even suggesting such a thing
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Casey »

An OMGUS FoS on page 2? That was a fast random voting phase. :/

Roffman is sounding smarter now.

Unvote
. Very weak scum vibes from Hohum. I would like to hear his reply to Roffman.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Casey »

Okay, so can't really tell if Hohum's lashing out against scum, lashing out because he's scum, or what, so I clicked over to a game that Hohum is playing parallel to this one.

He got a bandwagon forming on him in that game too. I'm really bad at analyzing differences in a person's playstyles, but as a guess, I'd say he does this a lot. Scumtell-leaning-nulltell to me, but definitely IGMEOY material.

In other news, Reecer made a smooth jump on the bandwagon with an "I agree" post.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Casey »

I don't see any problem with this, though the above speculation makes me wonder if some people have multiple messages, or there's some sort of communique cop or watcher, which would be nice, or a communique scum hitman or something. I don't know, but right now I don't have a use for my message so I have no problem trying this plan out, unless there are objections.

Ectomancer is aggressive.

Reecer likes to agree.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Casey »

@Roffman

The fact that it came unsigned does arouse suspicion of everyone involved. And the options don't really tell us whether it's a good or bad thing for the PM sender to reveal.

Here's what I see the options as:

1) Sender really is cop. Hohum is scum.
2) Sender is paranoid / insane or other shenanigans happened (I just finished a 3 cop + framer game, for example). Result is invalid.
3) Sender is scum.
4) Roffman made up the whole thing.

---

Looking at the past few posts, people for the plan most likely have not sent out their PM, and people against the plan (except Roffman) are to likely have sent out their PM to Roffman.

For:
Ectomancer
Reecer
Casey
Budja

Against:
Roffman
Juls

No response:
RossWilliam

N/A:
Hohum

Hasn't posted:
Houseofcards

Made 1 post:
Braeden (apparently is sick, but is still active in other threads)
Dorvaan (No posting since Feb 3)
Magicrabbit (No posting since Feb 3)

I would have to guess that RossWilliam and Juls are the ones who sent you PMs, with any of the "Made 1 post" group also being suspects, depending on when you received your PM.

---

Trying to judge what is right and what is wrong is hard. Could the cop result just be coincidental? Is it a trap by scum?

Hohum was replaced in and the PM says it investigated Hohum pregame. It might have been a slip-up, but it feels a bit suspicious to have not mentioned bubbles21112 at all.

I'd hate to accidentally hunt the one-shot cop, but this feels like a weird scum gambit. Coincidental investigation target. No question of sanity. "One-shot" saves the sender from having to provide any additional information as the days go by.

I want to hear from Juls and RossWilliam about this. I can't eliminate either as possibilities, but I would say Juls is more likely to be the correct suspect based on writing styles (Juls always capitalizes her sentences but Ross doesn't as often).

But to be impartial for now, and before this post gets to be a bunch of WIFOM about who could be guilty (Hohum, Roff, Juls, or Ross),
FoS: both Juls and Ross
until they answer.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Casey »

Well then, 4 groups of 3?

1 - Juls
2 - Ectomancer
3 - roffman

4 - RossWilliam
5 - hohum (rep. bubbles21112)
6 - houseofcards

7 - Reecer6
8 - Budja
9 - Braeden

10 - dorvaan
11 - magicrabbit
12 - Casey

Feel free to play around with that order. I just copied and pasted the list at the top. XD

Although, I would like Roffman to send to Ectomancer, who then sends to Juls to dispel the small chance that Roffman made up the scummy communique. If both messages were unsigned, then I still have some suspicions about Juls.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Casey »

Well, here is my suggestion for communique sending, with small variation from the original order and Juls's proposed order, just to be safe.

1)
Braeden --sends-to--> Budja --sends-to--> Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan --sends-to--> Hohum --sends-to--> Houseofcards --sends-to--> Magicrabbit --sends-to--> Reecer --sends-to--> RossWillam --sends-to--> Braeden

2)
Roffman --sends-to--> Ectomancer --sends-to--> Juls

I made a loop and a chain. The loop is simply in alphabetical order. The reason for the chain is that Juls has already sent her communique and I don't want Roffman or Juls involved in the loop, just in case. I chose Ectomancer to go in between Roffman and Juls, because I find it hard to believe that Ectomancer is a scumbuddy with either of those two, given the recent conversations. If there are any objections to putting Ectomancer there, just exchange him with anyone in the loop.

Your message can be anything. So no shenanigans go on, I think the receiver should quote the message, then the sender should confirm.

Perhaps put [brackets] around anything you don't want quoted if you have information and you trust your recipient, although I would probably advise against this.

So what do you think? Did I forget anything?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer wrote:You know, I went to find the exact wording by the mod for this no reveal and...I don't see it anywhere in the rules, and cant find the original game thread. This needs to be addressed pronto unless I am missing it entirely (and it should be in this game thread, not somewhere else)
I couldn't find the signup thread, but I did find the Communique Mafia 1 first post:
MeMe wrote:Players (2)
Glork replaces blahgo
Patrick

Former Players (10)
LoudmouthLee - killed Night 1
Miztef - lynched Day 1
Phoebus - killed Night 2
Mr Stoofer - lynched Day 2
Adel replaces itsallnines who replaced ChannelDelibird - lynched Day 3
Simenon - lynched Day 4
Mert - killed Night 5
muse - lynched Day 5
Eteocles - killed Night 6
Eyceking - lynched Day 6
So... yeah, most likely we're not getting
any
information out of lynches. Which seems rather unfair, but I guess that's offset by having to use communiques to our advantage.

A few certain people also need to start posting.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Casey »

Welcome, BSG! Good posting, good recap.

To make it easier, you can jump in alphabetically, that's fine...

Although after Juls voted for Ectomancer, I'm less inclined to want him in between Roffman and Juls, just in case Juls tries to pull a fast one and say she never received the message. I'm not really liking her saying the order is fine, then immediately voting for Ectomancer. Juls is raising slight suspicion, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

So if you don't mind, I'd feel comfortable with you replacing Ectomancer and bringing Ectomancer into the loop, again in alphabetical order, making this the updated communique path:

1)
Braeden --sends-to--> Budja --sends-to--> Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan --sends-to--> Ectomancer --sends-to--> Hohum --sends-to--> Magicrabbit --sends-to--> Reecer --sends-to--> RossWillam --sends-to--> Braeden

2)
Roffman --sends-to--> BSG --sends-to--> Juls

I advise everyone to not send until the idlers have checked in. It's clear that the person who sent the communique is either not coming forward or just hasn't checked the thread.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:Why don't you just not involve me at all since you know that I have sent my PM. I find the suspicions of me ridiculously stupid. I send a PM therefore I am scum? I asked roffman because he was giving a few townie vibes to me with his posts 33 and 36. And the question I asked didn't matter if he were scum or town.

If you think it is a bad town play, that's fine, I don't agree, but that's fine. But saying it is suspicious is stupid.
I've lost both of the games I've played on this site because I've believed false roleclaims, so if I'm being too paranoid, let me know.

I prefer scumhunting through actions rather than through claims.
Can you explain what motivations as scum I would have for sending a message asking advice of someone and not revealing myself?
You want some WIFOM? Okay, fine. Since I don't know your role (and I don't want you to reveal it either), I can only guess that, if you were scum, you could be introducing false information and trying to buddy up with Roffman, or whatever. There's no answer to that question that isn't just a bunch of WIFOM. Your actions could be interpreted as either pro-town or anti-town, hence suspicious. I cannot make a conclusion about it. Right now you're slightly leaning town to me - Roffman believing that your message is towny gives you a +town point.

You are, however, acting rather aggressive and defensive over my "slight suspicion."
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Casey »

Waiting on Braeden and Dorvaan...

(Not game-related: I wish Braeden good health.)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Casey »

Braeden wrote:Also, I agree with the communique chart and idea. Since I am the first I havent sent one out yet. What should we put in our message? I am still a little confused about how this is going to work, but it seems worth it to me. I will send the message as soon as I have an idea of what to send.
Wait for Dorvaan to reply first. Right now, the main reason we're doing this (aside from weeding out scum daytalk), is to smoke out who sent the other message to Roffman.

Dorvaan is the only person who hasn't checked in.

As to what you put in your message, just put whatever you feel safe sending to your recipient. I like the idea of ending the message with "Code word: (codeword), (sender's-name)." Then the recipient just posts the code word as confirmation. See BSG's post #100 about this.

@Budja: I don't see Ectomancer say Juls's actions are scummy anywhere. Could possibly be implied, but I don't believe suspicious = scummy (although it seems others don't share my sentiments).
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Casey »

dorvaan wrote:I'm here now. Sorry for my absence. I didn't send a message to roffman, if that's what you're thinking. This is my first game at MS, and the idea of being able to communicate with other villagers (even through the mod) is very foreign to me.

I'm caught up with my reading, but I'm not 100% sure I understand what is even being proposed. I mean, if everyone really does have the ability to send messages to everyone else, setting up a chain of messages doesn't really accomplish anything, does it?

Someone explain this to me like I'm a new guy.
The goals are to eliminate scum daytalk and to smoke out who sent the scummy message to Roffman.

We're only planning on doing this on day 1.

Since everyone's checked in, let's start the communique path:

1)
Braeden
--sends-to-->
Budja
--sends-to-->
Casey
--sends-to-->
Dorvaan
--sends-to-->
Ectomancer
--sends-to-->
Hohum
--sends-to-->
Magicrabbit
--sends-to-->
Reecer
--sends-to-->
RossWillam
--sends-to-->
Braeden

2)
Roffman
--sends-to-->
BSG
--sends-to-->
Juls

When you receive a PM, post that you received it and include the code word so the sender can confirm.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Casey »

EBWODP: I have now sent my communiqué to the mod.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:@Casey: I don't understand how you can proceed with this plan while there's still people who haven't agreed to this. I can think of more useful way the town can use their communique. You've got at least three people in that list who are either on the fence or in opposition.

The more I think about the mechanics of the game, the less I'm fence sitting about it.

This whole idea REEKS of scum tactic. The scum are trying to get the town to burn any potential advantages of day communication.

Once this line of communication is complete, what is this going to tell us exactly?
It's going to tell us who sent the PM that implicated you. This is a no-reveal game, so this is very vital information.

Sorry if I'm overeager, but I feel there's been enough support to go through with this, and I'm tired of just sitting around.

I don't want to OMGUS, but you're not helping yourself by calling a plan that's supposed to clear you (or condemn you) scummy. It feels to me like you just skimmed over the topic and haven't paid attention to the details. +scum

Please reread.
hohum wrote:I can think of more useful way the town can use their communique.
And those are...?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:WHAT "vital" information is this going to reveal to us?
Your accuser. This has been said multiple times by many people. PLEASE read.
hohum wrote:The system breaks down if someone lies, then we have to go through the process of counterclaims, and it's going to be a mess but potentially useful.
The only people who have reason to lie are scum, and the code word system stops counterclaims.
Ectomancer wrote:We expose who sent in the guilty result, we lynch both of you and we have a 1 town for 1 scum exchange. That's good for us. You should be happy to die for the cause.
I was actually hoping we could find out which one was guilty through post analysis, because otherwise it'll be a 3 town for 1 scum (barring vig roles), because we'd have to spend 2 lynches to get them both (provided roffman didn't make up the original communique that started this in the first place).
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer wrote:So you're saying find the ones involved (or potentially implicated), put a big bold mark around them and keep going?
No, I'm saying that hopefully, after we find who sent the message, we'll be able to get that person to talk (and hohum to talk) and determine if the message is the truth or a lie.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by Casey »

Dorvaan's password is correct.

I got my PM. Password: Nineteen

I will wait to comment until the communiqués are done. Here's the current status (correct me if it's wrong):

No info received yet:
Braeden --sends-to--> Budja
Dorvaan --sends-to--> Ectomancer
Magicrabbit --sends-to--> Reecer
Reecer --sends-to--> RossWillam
RossWillam --sends-to--> Braeden

Claimed to have sent:
Hohum --sends-to--> Magicrabbit
Roffman --sends-to--> BSG

Code word posted:
BSG --sends-to--> Juls
Budja --sends-to--> Casey
Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan
Ectomancer --sends-to--> Hohum
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:I agree, and when I flip town the cop will be outed as scum.
Hohum, please read. You won't flip anything when you get lynched. This is a no reveal game.

Do not try to end this day before we're done with it.

Here's the current status:

No info received yet:

Claimed to have sent:
Hohum --sends-to--> Magicrabbit

Code word posted:
BSG --sends-to--> Juls
Budja --sends-to--> Casey
Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan
Ectomancer --sends-to--> Hohum
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Casey »

No info received yet:

Claimed to have sent:

Code word posted:
BSG --sends-to--> Juls (code word confirmed)
Budja --sends-to--> Casey (code word confirmed)
Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan (code word confirmed)
Ectomancer --sends-to--> Hohum (code word confirmed)
Hohum --sends-to--> Magicrabbit (code word confirmed)

Mainly waiting on Reecer now. =/
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:
Casey wrote:
Hohum, please read. You won't flip anything when you get lynched. This is a no reveal game.

I'm not trying to end the day. Obviously I'm nowhere near a lynch right now. Stop trying to paint everything I say and do negatively.
I can't paint things negative when they're already negative to begin with. Voting for yourself pushes the game closer to ending the day. L-3 is somewhat close.

Your desire to not find your accuser is very confusing. Why are you against this?
hohum wrote:I'm convinced that casey is scum, who is making every attempt to buddy up to ecto so that he can hide behind other people's cases and come off looking pro-town
If I'm buddying up, as you say, it's because I (as well as most others) approved of his plan.

If I recall correctly, Ecto was the one who nominated me to organize the plan. I've been trying to fulfill these duties. It feels like you're singling me out because I'm taking the reins. Well, so be it. I want to actively help find your accuser, which, at this point, appears to be either Reecer or Roffman.

Just by analyzing writing styles, the message doesn't feel like it came from Reecer.

Still waiting on Reecer...
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:
Casey wrote:
hohum wrote:
Casey wrote:

I'm not trying to end the day. Obviously I'm nowhere near a lynch right now. Stop trying to paint everything I say and do negatively.
I can't paint things negative when they're already negative to begin with. Voting for yourself pushes the game closer to ending the day. L-3 is somewhat close.

Your desire to not find your accuser is very confusing. Why are you against this?
hohum wrote:I'm convinced that casey is scum, who is making every attempt to buddy up to ecto so that he can hide behind other people's cases and come off looking pro-town
If I'm buddying up, as you say, it's because I (as well as most others) approved of his plan.

If I recall correctly, Ecto was the one who nominated me to organize the plan. I've been trying to fulfill these duties. It feels like you're singling me out because I'm taking the reins. Well, so be it. I want to actively help find your accuser, which, at this point, appears to be either Reecer or Roffman.

Just by analyzing writing styles, the message doesn't feel like it came from Reecer.

Still waiting on Reecer...
So you're using the fact that someone asked you to do something as an excuse to blindly follow and ask no questions. I at least asked a few questions before I drew a conclusion. You just blindly followed suit. Now you attack me for every post I make simply because I started off in opposition to the plan. Sounds like opportunistic suspicion and buddying up to me.
I've put up with it for a while, but I'm getting really tired of you accusing me of things I haven't done. I have informed you, I have advised you, I have questioned you, and I have observed you. But nowhere have I made a case against you.

On top of this, you completely evaded my question. Why are you against finding your accuser?

I can only pinpoint your behavior as evasive and unusually aggressive. Your understanding of this particular game feels like it's near Reecer's level, and to me, you show no desire to learn.

I really wish Reecer would hurry up.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:Wow. What a bitch.
That was offensive,
sexist
, and completely unnecessary. I can't put up with this any more.

Vote: Hohum

Once again you evaded my questions. Are they not good enough for you because they came from a woman? Fine, don't answer them.

I hate you. I hate you so much. You are an oppressive male bigot.

I quit.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Casey »

I'm back. Sorry for getting so emotional over the weekend. :(
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Casey »

EBWODP:
BSG wrote:The theories:
-Some players could be able to do multiple communiques.
Seems very unlikely. First of all, this wasn't the case during the previous game. It would also give scum a huge advantage if the scum have multiple communiques as they could easily confuse town. It also wouldn't make sense to have a 1-shot cop with multiple communiques. He could give his result to multiple players during the day.
I started to think about this, but I didn't want to game the mod. Things go wrong when you game the mod. There could be communique blockers, some bizarre communique-mining SK, and so on. Nobody knows. And I hate losing games by gaming the mod.
BSG wrote:-Our order involved 2 scum players back to back in the chain.
More likely. The only thing is that it will be hard to find out who they are. I'll try to look at this one if there's perhaps a possibility to find this out.
Ooh. If this is the right answer, then we have some info to go on. There were two or three proposed chain orders, so it might be good to see who was fine with what order. I'll take a look at this, probably tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.
BSG wrote:-Roffman lied.
Also likely. But that defence of his, is WIFOM. So I'm not happy with that. Especially, if he didn't mention Juls' message, she would have made a huge argument against him. But, number 2 seems more likely.
Agreed. All my thoughts on Roffman are WIFOM. Roffman and Hohum could be scumbuddies, etc. Wherever I go, it leads to WIFOM, and it's annoying.

At this time, though, my vote stands. Hohum has been evading questioning and posting scummy replies, even to the point of voting himself in a defeatist "You got me" manner.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer wrote:Budja makes good sense.

Hohum is not the lynch Casey. The small amount of evidence we have points the other way. Even if you suspect bussing by Roffman, you lynch
Roffman
before you lynch Hohum (and I don't support his lynch at all today).
Okay, okay.

Unvote

I'm sorry. My vote-standing was still fueled by anger.

A warning, though: If he makes any more sexist comments, I'm asking to be replaced out.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Casey »

Thanks for the timeline, Juls.

Vote: Roffman

The timeline and the backtracking seems to make it obvious to me that the message was made up. Everything fits into place.

That puts Roffman at L-2, so I'd like to hear an explanation from him for the faked message. I find it very hard to believe that he could be a legitimate one-shot cop after all this.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Casey »

Wow. That was a lot to digest.

I believe Juls's role and I believe Juls is town (crossing my fingers here because believing claims is my weakness). Her role is completely verifiable, whether given to town or scum.
hohum wrote: Also, how do you plan to confirm alignment. Scum get power roles occasionally too. As you pointed out, your "packages" could potentially contain bad things, instead of good things.
This should be easy to figure out. And if there's two deaths each night, then Juls has to go.
Budja wrote:I suggest you act as a "vig".

Target the scummier players and you have a 1/3 chance of killing them. If scum get the cop/doc powers it won't help them very much.
You say 33% chance of a vig... and we don't even know if she has vig powers?
Budja wrote:I also think Juls should be protected if a doc power exists.
I absolutely agree. And I pray that Reecer does not have these powers.
Juls wrote:if that person IS scum I am relying on mafia to verify my role.
If hohum didn't bold this, then I would have, because I nearly did a double-take when I read it. Regardless of it being a fallacy, though, I feel people should stop guiding Juls. I feel it best that Juls pick someone on her own merit and not reveal until day 2 to avoid any scum shenanigans.

I'm marking Juls down as town for now. I see no reason to pursue her at this time.

Ectomancer has been acting pro-town and aggressively. While I don't believe his far-fetched theory that Roffman and Juls are scumbuddies, the evidence still points right at Roffman. My vote on Roffman stands.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Casey »

EBWODP: Her role is completely verifiable, whether
the package is
given to town or scum. Because scum lying about receiving anything would be a pretty big gambit.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer, you are gaming the mod, or coming dangerously close to it. That's a bad thing to do. Stop it.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer wrote:EBWOP:
By arguing
against
it most likely existing, you are arguing
for
it
not
existing, or at least the probability being equal.
should be
By arguing
against
for
it most likely
not
That's a fallacy of black and white.

I was happy for your leadership at first, but, as I've said before, I don't approve of your current "gaming the mod" ideas. So for now, I'm out of your boat, and sticking with the simple solution, and for me, that's following the evidence and picking a Roffman lynch over a no-lynch.

I mean no offense. I'm just not following your leadership at this time. We have different beliefs, and I respect your opinions.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer wrote:
Casey wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:EBWOP:
By arguing
against
for
it
not
should be
By arguing
against
for
it most likely
not
That's a fallacy of black and white.
Uhh no. A thing can only exist or not exist. The probability is a straight line. As the probability for one goes up, the probability for the other goes down. There is no fallacy here. The only situation where one is not a greater probabilityis when they are both equal, as I stated.

Go back and look at it again. If you still don't get it, I'll try again for as long as it takes, because you are wrong there.
You can be "undecided leaning for/against." You can also be "I believe it could exist but in a different way." Or any other number of things. Beliefs are not a straight line, and it annoys me when people think that way.

Idiot: "So you're a republican?"
Me: "No."
Idiot: "Oh, you're a democrat!"
Me: *twitch*
Ectomancer wrote:But, we need you with a side there Casey. Do you find it more likely that a 2nd communique ability exists in this game, more likely that one does
not
exists, or is the probability the same?
I thought I already made this clear, but if not:

To me, there's three different probabilities here:

1) The second communique
2) The back-to-back scum link
3) The Roffman timeline

If there's a second communique ability, scum currently has it. I find this hard to believe on D1. So I am undecided, siding with the possibility of it existing in some other form. I find it hard to believe that a real one-shot cop made the claim and hasn't come forth by now, which highly reduces the odds here.

If scum were paired back-to-back in the communique chain, it turns out they would also have to be in the correct order:

ScumA (sent the cop claim) -> ScumB (still has communique)

works, but

ScumB (still has communique) -> ScumA (sent the cop claim)

doesn't.

I hate math, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this has something like a 10% - 20% chance of occurring.

Combine those low odds with the Roffman timeline, which I believe points out inconsistencies and backtracking, and you get to my conclusion: It is most likely that Roffman lied.

I wish I could be completely certain with my conclusion, but like a third of the players aren't even posting!

@mod - I approve a deadline extension.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #34) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Casey »

roffman wrote:While I agree with casey on their being only 3 possibilities, this is a human game with human interaction, which you are completely ignoring. Your choosing to ignore possibilities because their unlikely in a normal game, while focusing on probabilities that have no motivation behind them. Also, by ignoring the potential of gaming the setup, you are crippling your own scum hunting abilities. Let me ask you, do you automatically assume there is only 2/3 scum in a given setup? That's gaming the mod. Do you assume that roles are completely randomly handed out? That's gaming the mod. Without gaming the mod and utilising the human element, the game becomes random lynches and night actions, and we might as well just toss dice to see who wins.
Umm... I don't assume either of those. When I played with friends, we always were told how many scum (werewolves) there were. Not having that information on this site makes things a lot more difficult. And I've seen mods play favorites before, but I wouldn't know how to analyze that if I even thought it.

My biggest weakness is believing people's claims. I'm jaded into believing that people will tell me the truth, and I'm trying hard to avoid being misled by claims.

So I'm crossing my fingers and standing by my vote.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Casey »

roffman wrote:So basically you come into a game where the rules are significantly more complex and the game structure is completely different from what your used to and you decide, with no actual logical reasoning, to ignore valid points about scum hunting and how to go around determining information. No offense, but get off your high horse and learn to at least accept other people know what their doing. Your refusal to embrace new concepts and develop alternate scum hunting tactics reeks of scum trying to lock the town onto a course that creates a series of lynches based on misinformation and mathematical probabilities. If it's not a scum tactic, it's self destructive town tactic.
unvote, vote casey
Uh, no? I'm telling you what I'm capable of and not capable of. I've never heard of gaming the mod leading to a positive outcome. I don't know how to analyze voting patterns. I judge by character and evidence.
roffman wrote:It's not an OMGUS. That is the first time I've actually made an informed vote. As for bullying her, it might make her accept that other points of view are equally valid, and actual scum hunting might ensure besides "crossing fingers".
And if the other third of the players were posting, I might be able to do more than cross my fingers. I have little to nothing to read on for Reecer, Ross, Dorvaan (now don johnson), MagicRabbit, and Braeden. We have a deadling approaching. Your lynch is what I see as the best option from the possibilities. I oppose a no lynch.
Ectomancer wrote:Something can either exist, or it does NOT exist. It is NO WAY equivalent to a question about your political affiliation that can involve literally thousands of different viewpoints. This IS black or white. If you believe one is MORE likely, then you also believe that the other choice is LESS likely unless you believe BOTH of them to be EQUALLY likely.

(etc)
I understand what you're staying now. Weird and not my usual way of thinking, but I understand what you mean.
Ectomancer wrote:Why do you find this hard to believe? Previous game it was a random die roll as to who got it. This opinion is unfounded. If you think it exists in another form, let's here what you got.
I did not know that. I was thinking it would come in the form of Juls's skill, or something not on D1. Something random like that feels like it could imbalance the game, though. And the mod could mess around with it if s/he wanted.
Ectomancer wrote:Now, explain once again why we should kill the players that are key to us actually getting information in this game???
Did you even pay attention to the inconsistencies in the timeline that Juls presented? I don't like how you're putting speculation over the actual case against Roffman. We're running out of time, and while I like your aggressive posting style, it's running the clock down. You're saying "don't vote Roffman" but you're not suggesting a better lynch candidate! I thought hohum was just trolling with his response to your "No, no no lynch" comment, but you do seem to be pointing us away from anything tangible.
Juls wrote:I am glad we don't have to worry about a deadline now because it will give us a chance to fillibuster it out!!!
Did I miss something? I thought we could only get a one-week extension.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #36) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Casey »

dahill1 wrote:IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: After reviewing the game I have decided to amend my current deadline rules and change them as I see fit. From now on, the game days (NOT nights!) will have no set deadline. However, if I see a lack of posting I'll probably set one.
Ha, and it even said IMPORTANT PLEASE READ in all caps.

In that case,
unvote
. Thank god we have some breathing room now.

Waiting on the lurkers to post their thoughts on... well,
everything
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:agreed on wanting more discussion. please do not misconstrue what i am asking as trying to avoid exploring the current avenues. i just think the whole "we must lynch someone!" argument should not apply due to the nature of this particular game. unless we are damn sure we have scum(or uncover a definite 1 for 1 exchange) i see the no lynch as a viable option to be considered over lynching without a measurable degree of certainty. also, if i am horribly wrong on this, feel free to enlighten me.
I'd say no lynch is a viable option if we completely stall out after a reasonable time. (a few weeks?)

Until then, now that we have time, 1-for-1 exchanges sound like the best scenarios.

Which reminds me, Ecto, while you were pushing us in a few directions to lay everything out, you didn't draw any conclusions. What do you think is the most likely possibility? Who do you suspect?

For reference, here's my current thoughts on everyone:

Ectomancer - Aggressively pro-town, but doesn't do anything.

Hohum - I hate him, and that may be impairing my decision on him. I cannot make an unbiased opinion on Hohum.

Juls - 90% town. I may get worried if she lives past day 3.

Roffman - Leaning scum, as said before.

BSG - Helpful, leaning town.

Budja - Sensible decisions and posts, nothing leaning me either way.

Braeden, Magicrabbit, Reecer, RossWilliam, - Sheep. No reads at all.

Don_Johnson (misspelled as don_johson on the player list) - Too new to tell. Dorvaan didn't leave us with much, either.

---

If I had to pick out scum now, I couldn't make any firm conclusions, but I'd suggest that one out of Ecto, Hohum, Juls, and Roffman is scum (leaning towards Roffman), and the rest are hiding among Braeden, Budja, Magicrabbit, Reecer, RossWilliam, and Don_Johnson.

Reecer -> RossWilliam on the communique chain would have been a perfect place to start with suggestions, but I highly doubt Reecer had the capacity to send the cop-claim message...

And now as I go back through the communique posts, I find something completely odd:

Posted by Hohum: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:13 pm, post 149, Ecto's PM to Hohum:
If you have a role you can't claim - password secret
If vanilla - password plain
Tell me tonight

Posted by Magicrabbit: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:47 pm, post 166, Hohum's PM to Magicrabbit:
If you have a role you can't claim - password sample

I thought those were the same PM at first, but they're not! I don't know what to make of this, but there's definitely something suspicious there!
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #38) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Casey »

Hm, so Hohum was just mocking Ecto by sending a similar message to Magicrabbit? That's a little confusing, but ok.
don_johnson wrote:
Casey wrote:
don_johnson wrote:agreed on wanting more discussion. please do not misconstrue what i am asking as trying to avoid exploring the current avenues. i just think the whole "we must lynch someone!" argument should not apply due to the nature of this particular game. unless we are damn sure we have scum(or uncover a definite 1 for 1 exchange) i see the no lynch as a viable option to be considered over lynching without a measurable degree of certainty. also, if i am horribly wrong on this, feel free to enlighten me.
I'd say no lynch is a viable option if we completely stall out after a reasonable time. (a few weeks?)

Until then,
now that we have time
, 1-for-1 exchanges sound like the best scenarios.
why the change of heart? two posts earlier you sadi this:
casey wrote:And if the other third of the players were posting, I might be able to do more than cross my fingers. I have little to nothing to read on for Reecer, Ross, Dorvaan (now don johnson), MagicRabbit, and Braeden.
We have a deadline approaching
. Your lynch is what I see as the best option from the possibilities. I oppose a no lynch.
hohum explained the odds. though i still believe we should keep the option on the table(8 town, 4 scum = day 2 lylo), it doesn't seem like i made a very strong argument here.
Bolded for emphasis. I didn't know that our deadline was removed in the earlier post.
don_johnson wrote:one note on casey: in 16 +pages of reading this thread, casey is the one and only player to mention the words: "serial killer"
Yeah, I know I mentioned it somewhere (or at least thought I did). I just tried looking for it to no avail. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it early on when we were talking about either the game setup or the cop claim.

(Haha, I've taken so long to write this that you found it.)
don_johnson wrote:
budja wrote:Interesting, could you point out the exact place.
sure :
Casey wrote:EBWODP:
BSG wrote:The theories:
-Some players could be able to do multiple communiques.
Seems very unlikely. First of all, this wasn't the case during the previous game. It would also give scum a huge advantage if the scum have multiple communiques as they could easily confuse town. It also wouldn't make sense to have a 1-shot cop with multiple communiques. He could give his result to multiple players during the day.
I started to think about this, but I didn't want to game the mod. Things go wrong when you game the mod. There could be communique blockers, some
bizarre communique-mining SK
, and so on. Nobody knows. And I hate losing games by gaming the mod.
^^ in response to another player, but still kind of "out-of-the-blue", don't ya think? just something which stuck out to me, i guess.
I was just thinking of roles I had seen before and placing the word "communique" before them to exemplify my dislike for gaming the mod.

---
don_johnson wrote:
casey wrote:
BSG wrote:-Our order involved 2 scum players back to back in the chain.
More likely. The only thing is that it will be hard to find out who they are. I'll try to look at this one if there's perhaps a possibility to find this out.
Ooh. If this is the right answer, then we have some info to go on. There were two or three proposed chain orders, so it might be good to see who was fine with what order.
I'll take a look at this, probably tomorrow
, unless someone beats me to it.
while i'm at it... how'd ^^ work out for you? figure out anything useful? :D
I was shot down by someone who like, immediately said little could be gained from it... let me find it...

Here we go:
Budja wrote:I don't think you will find much. Their was very little talk over the order.
Right after I made my post.

However, while looking back for my post that you brought up, something caught my eye, and
yes
, I've figured out something useful!

Look at this:
Casey wrote:Looking at the past few posts, people for the plan most likely have not sent out their PM, and people against the plan (except Roffman) are to likely have sent out their PM to Roffman.

For:
Ectomancer
Reecer
Casey
Budja

Against:
Roffman
Juls

No response:
RossWilliam

N/A:
Hohum

Hasn't posted:
Houseofcards

Made 1 post:
Braeden (apparently is sick, but is still active in other threads)
Dorvaan (No posting since Feb 3)
Magicrabbit (No posting since Feb 3)

I would have to guess that RossWilliam and Juls are the ones who sent you PMs, with any of the "Made 1 post" group also being suspects, depending on when you received your PM.
And this:
Juls wrote:I sent my message to Roffman:
Eastern Time: February 4, 2009 @ 9:30 p.m.
Sydney Time: February 5, 2009 @ 1:30 p.m.

Plan was proposed:
Eastern Time: February 5, 2009 @ 1:53 p.m.
Sydney Time: February 6, 2009 @ 5:53 a.m.

Roffman Objects to Plan First Time:
Eastern Time: February 5, 2009 @ 5:05 p.m.
Sydney Time: February 6, 2009 @ 9:05 a.m.

Roffman Claims to have received the cop message:
Eastern Time: February 5, 2009 @ 7:13 p.m.
Sydney Time: February 6, 2009 @ 11:13 a.m.
Now, who could have sent the cop-claim PM?

Ectomancer, Casey, Budja - Possible - Were all for the plan before an order was proposed. Could have more than one communique or a scumbuddy in front of the chain.

RossWilliam - Possible. Lurked before making a stance on the plan. Could have more than one communique or a scumbuddy in front of the chain.

Roffman - Possible - Message could have been faked.

Braeden - Possible - Was sick at the time, but was active on other boards.

Reecer - Highly unlikely - Reecer hasn't done anything.

Juls - Highly unlikely - Postal worker claim.

Hohum - Highly unlikely - Is he self-destructive? A crazy scum gambit?

Houseofcards / BSG - Not possible. Houseofcards was completely inactive on the forums throughout the timeframe.

Dorvaan / Don and Magicrabbit - Not possible. They were inactive throughout the timeframe.

---

So really, there could only be 6 people who could have most likely made the message:

RossWilliam, Braeden, Budja, Casey, Roffman, and Ectomancer.

The oddest thing about this is that EVERYONE on that list was back-to-back!

RossWilliam
--sends to-->
Braeden
--sends-to-->
Budja
--sends-to-->
Casey

Roffman
--sends to-->
Ectomancer

I'm convinced that there's at least 1 scum among us six. I'm leaving myself in as a suspect for completeness. As such, there are 10 possibilities, and I fully believe that one is correct:

1) RossWilliam and Braeden are scumbuddies.
2) Braeden and Budja are scumbuddies.
3) Budja and Casey are scumbuddies.
4) Roffman and Ectomancer are scumbuddies.
5) RossWilliam is a scum with more than one communique.
6) Braeden is a scum with more than one communique.
7) Budja is a scum with more than one communique.
8) Casey is a scum with more than one communique.
9) Roffman is a scum with more than one communique and sent himself the cop-claim, or just plain faked the message.
10) Ectomancer is a scum with more than one communique.

I'm eager to analyze these possibilities (and see what other people have to say, too)! But can someone make sure this makes sense before I go ahead?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #39) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Casey »

RL has made it so that I haven't had a chance to keep active these past few days, but I was able to skim the last few posts. Reecer at the end made me double-take just as I was about to close the window:
Reecer6 wrote:Also, everyone, post all the communiques you got so far, not counting password. I got none.
Wait, what? Are you saying that you didn't receive a communique?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Casey »

Casey wrote:
Reecer6 wrote:Also, everyone, post all the communiques you got so far, not counting password. I got none.
Wait, what? Are you saying that you didn't receive a communique?
don_johnson wrote:
Reecer6 wrote: Also, everyone, post all the communiques you got so far,
not counting password.
I got none.
i think he's saying he got just the one.
Cybele wrote:While I could see if R6 is just being unintelligible, and he meant what don_john is assuming, I'd like it if Reecer could actually respond to a single of the questions directed at him.
I agree with Cybele. I don't advocate answering for Reecer, especially you, don_johnson, considering you are back-to-back with Reecer.

It sort of sounds like you're trying to cover up for Reecer's post.

Reecer's recent posts have made me want to look back at him. We've let him go under the radar for too long. It's clear now that he can make somewhat coherent posts. He's paying attention to the game, or at least skimming to come up with content.

Here's the interaction between Reecer and Magicrabbit when we did the communique. Upon reread, and with Reecer's post above, this looks a lot like coaching. I'm also no longer ruling out Magicrabbit/don_johnson as potentially having 2 communiques.
magicrabbit wrote:
hohum wrote:also it doesn't appear as if we've heard anything from magicrabbit in a while

@Mod: can we get a prod?
I want to make sure my message target is alive before I send.
i'm here. glad we are doing loops and not pairs like i suggested.

so I should send to reecer now?
Magicrabbit gets prepared, or says "Hey Reecer, pay attention!"
magicrabbit wrote:I sent my message.

And the entirety of my message was:

"If you have a role you can't claim - password sample"

I don't know exactly what hohum (if indeed it was) was doing there
Here he sends his second communique, or says "Hey Reecer, say you got a message."
Reecer6 wrote:Whats about this password thing? I haven't been listening in a while.

I just got mine. I will say it if you tell me about this.
Reecer confirms the communique was sent, or says "What am I supposed to do?"
Reecer6 wrote:I can't find where this started.
Was the start with the first Communique Chain?
I got nothing.
magicrabbit wrote:Yes I am going to vote for Reecer as well at least until he/she confirms my codeword.

Vote: Reecer
Magicrabbit distances, or says "Hey, make up a codeword before I'm screwed!"
Reecer6 wrote:OK, I got the password "synecdoche".
Says password again instead of codeword. A discrepancy in terms used by Magicrabbit, possibly hinting that there was no communique to begin with. A weak argument, but I felt it's significant enough to point out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synecdoche
magicrabbit wrote:Reecer is correct.

Unvote
Conversation snuffed as quickly as possible. Most people explained their password. Here, there is no explanation of the password chosen.

FoS don_johnson/Reecer
with intent to vote. I feel very confident in this.

BTW, I didn't explain my password. I chose "Laundry" as my password, because that's the chore I was doing when I posted.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #41) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Casey »

Cybele wrote:Ummm... Well there's not a lot I can say to defend what whiterabbit did, except maybe to post the full message he sent to Reecer6.
The codeword is "synecdoche", from magicrabbit.
I don't really know why Synecdoche was chosen. Maybe a hint directed towards hoffman?
(Read: Synecdoche, New York)
Whoops, I just looked back, and saw that I mixed up Cybele/Don and Magicrabbit/Dorvaan.

Hm.

Un-FoS Don_Johnson
. A Cybele/Reecer/Don scum group feels unlikely to me, but there's definitely something amiss here.

Cybele, can you also post the message he sent to Roffman? :D

---

I'm reposting this for reference:

1) Braeden --sends-to--> Budja --sends-to--> Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan (Don_Johnson) --sends-to--> Ectomancer --sends-to--> Hohum --sends-to--> Magicrabbit (Cybele) --sends-to--> Reecer --sends-to--> RossWillam (Skitzer) --sends-to--> Braeden.

2) Roffman --sends-to--> BSG --sends-to--> Juls.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Casey »

Yes, that case of mine was pretty horrible, considering I mixed up Don and Cybele. XD

*sigh* Seems to happen every time I think I've figured out something... oh well. *gets back on the horse*

Re: Policy lynch. I wasn't thinking about Reecer as a policy lynch. This is actually the first game that I believe I've even heard that term. My reasons for giving him +scum were directly related to his most recent posts, which to me imply that he knows more than he's been telling us.

In other news, did hohum just... septuple post?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
Cybele wrote:
roffman's message?
i think he lied. i think he and hohum may be scum partners and the lie was designed to hopefully clear them both, but set up so that in case it backfired at least roffman would come out smelling town. this, however, is speculation and has no base in fact. someone else could just as easily have sent the message which is partly why i think it a good idea to no lynch and possibly find a way to use our night communiques to town's advantage. there has to be a way to confirm people in this game, i just haven't figured it out.
This is the outcome, while completely full of WIFOM, that I really like.
don_johnson wrote:
Cybele wrote:Hohum v. Ectomancer?
tough call. hohum appears much scummier, however a couple of his points about ecto's play are valid(i.e. hohum explained his pov on the "no lynch" matter quite extensively even though i disagree with his reasoning). the ad hom's have not helped him either. ecto reads town, but anyone making a power grab should be considered dangerous
I saw Cybele's post and noticed that I've stated my opinions on all of her questions except Hohum v. Ectomancer.

I'd rather not speak of Hohum, but things are getting a little confusing.

Ectomancer, you appear to think that Hohum is scum / leaning-scum (correct me if I'm wrong), and Hohum seems to be convinced that you're scum. If that's true, then what do you think of Roffman's PM? I'm pretty sure you said that it was absolutely scummy. If I'm following this right, that would mean that Hohum and Roffman are scum. But if I recall correctly, you haven't come up with any case against Roffman.

That just doesn't add up. I like your aggressive play style and willingness to relinquish power, but gradually I have been less eager to follow your judgment.

Likewise, Hohum has been posting both trash (flaming as a means of winning an argument, bigotry, etc.) and legitimate points (no-lynch vs. lynch odds).

What I'm getting at is that we said we wanted to get to a 1-for-1 lynch position. Does Hohum v. Ectomancer sound like a reasonable choice?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #44) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer wrote:
Casey wrote:Ectomancer, you appear to think that Hohum is scum / leaning-scum (correct me if I'm wrong), and Hohum seems to be convinced that you're scum. If that's true, then what do you think of Roffman's PM? I'm pretty sure you said that it was absolutely scummy. If I'm following this right, that would mean that Hohum and Roffman are scum.
I stated that I believe the message is unlikely to have come from town as they would have to have received both a one-shot investigation and an extra communique. That doesn't mean that someone couldn't have had a 1 shot investigation as their role, and then got the extra communique. The lack of someone coming forward is a point against it, but assuming that is
fact
is something different. There is still the possibility that for whatever reason that player doesn't want to reveal themselves yet. Just because I asked doesn't mean they are going to do it. It still leaves a a margin that isn't negligible and it baffles me that I've been the one delving into the mechanics of it to come to this conclusion and not Hohum himself.

If Roffman did indeed receive a PM from scum, then he is very likely not scum (scum wouldnt need to burn a 2nd communique on something like that unless they were suggesting that Roffman do it, and that doesn't really make sense either). Going off that assumption it would also be unlikely that Hohum is scum.

And of course Roffman could have lied. We don't know.

All of these are probabilities Casey, and they are part of my case for not lynching either Roffman or Hohum today. I don't know where you missed that, but you did. Juls has a provable claim and so also shouldn't be lynched today.

What we are trying to do is decide who, if anyone, we can lynch and actually have any information afterwards. If not, then entertaining the idea of a No Lynch has its merits.
Ugh, I feel dumb now. I'm having tunnel vision to option 9.

Option 9 would be a great literary device, and I'm thinking of this thread more as a novel than a game, and I'm trying to figure out what will happen next.

Everything I suggest is either dumb or wrong. I feel about as useless as Reecer.

I'm going to take a break from this over the weekend. This has been more mentally taxing than I thought it would be. I can't get this game out of my head and it's starting to cause me stress.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Casey »

I'm back... and it seems I didn't miss much while I was gone.

20 non-mod posts in the past 5 days? Is this game dying?

I have little to no leads. Just... options.

Vote: No Lynch

I'm leaning towards Cybele's views on a no-lynch. I also have no qualms with voting Roffman. Whichever means moving the game along.

I have rising suspicions that Roffman's message may have been faked due to the new mod rule laid down, but that's gaming the mod. =/

For Juls and hopefully vague enough for dahill to not mod-edit them out:
I sent my communique to Dorvaan last month on the morning of the 9th.
I received a communique from Budja last month on the evening of the 9th.

I'm in the US eastern time zone.

Looking forward to what Ecto's replacement has to say.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #46) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Casey »

EBWODP:

It seems I missed a small chunk of posts. Of interest, this one caught my eye:
roffman wrote:I've quoted when I've received them, and I periodically delete all my mail information, while transferring important information to the notes section. It's a habit I have, I like things neat.
Out of curiosity, I searched Roffman 700-something posts for "PM," "PMs," "mail," "message," and "messages," but found no mention of this at all.

Surely this would have at least been mentioned in passing after a year of playing?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #47) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Casey »

roffman wrote:@Casey: Why would it be mentioned before? I haven't played a game that resolved around PM's before so it would never be relevant.
I just think something like deleting messages would have come up within a year.

I don't feel confident enough to vote for you... or anyone for that matter. It's been frustrating, and I'm willing to vote for whomever if necessary. No Lynch just needs 3 more votes to move on.
Juls wrote:
Casey wrote:I sent my communique to Dorvaan last month on the morning of the 9th.
I received a communique from Budja last month on the evening of the 9th.
Exact times please. I PM'd dahill and the issue was that Ecto included the to, from, times, etc. He said it was fine to say what times you received messages, just don't include it within a quote that has the communique in it. Ask him if you seek further clarification.
Sent: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:54 am
Received: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:34 pm
Reecer6 wrote:Hi!
I'm sorry i needed to be proded.
Wow.

Just wow.

And we've got 2 people who are being prodded.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Casey »

Fine with me.

Unvote, vote: reecer6

That's L-2.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Casey »

Unvote.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #50) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Casey »

I'm still here, I'm waiting on replacements, and I'm losing interest in this game. Nothing's happening and I can't solve a damn thing.

I have total apathy towards deciding who we lynch / no lynch. I just want something to happen.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #51) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:39 am

Post by Casey »

Vote Roffman

L-1
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #52) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:19 am

Post by Casey »

I must be missing something here. How in the world could Roffman's claim be a pro-town role? We have a postwoman and a guy who can steal packages and communiques?

Roffman sounds more like a thief than a "shielder." I could be wrong, but right now I have no qualms with a Roffman lynch.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #53) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Casey »

Oh yay, it's day, finally!
Juls wrote:Interesting. I hope no one has any plans on some stupid schemes to burn day communique's because I plan on using mine today to further my information.
PhilyEc wrote:Thanks Juls, I've read up on some of the game earlier but forgotten most of it after waiting for the next Day to begin. Are we doing anything particular with communiqués? I remember Casey bringing up that chain of senders, using passwords.
No, we are not doing that again. It was just a day 1 thing to find the missing communique sender... which never was found.
PhilyEc wrote:Did anyone receive an extra communique for today?
I did not.
don_johnson wrote:for those of you paying attention, i apologize for the timing of the hammer. i didn't realize we were at L-1. any ideas? personally i think Hohum should be next.
FoS: don_johnson

Something about this just rubs me the wrong way.

You hammered Roffman but you think Hohum is scum? How do you explain this? Do you believe the Roffman communique was a gambit to protect Hohum?

As I said before, this would be a very amazing gambit if true. There's just not enough evidence to prove or disprove it yet. The issue is a WIFOM / gaming the mod debate.

Hohum has been very dodgy, and has withheld his pbpa. However, he said he would post it after Rhinox posts. I don't think anyone has the right to decide on Hohum until this happens.

*shudders at defending Hohum*
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #54) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
Casey wrote: You hammered Roffman but you think Hohum is scum? How do you explain this? Do you believe the Roffman communique was a gambit to protect Hohum?
yes. hammer was accidental. i didn't realize he was at L-1 and everyone seemed to be fed up with my displeasure regarding hohum's inability to post an alleged already prepared post that should have taken all of twelve seconds for him to deposit into this thread upon request to verify the level of honesty which he has brought to this game. no, the gambit(if it was one) was most likely not designed to "protect" hohum. i find it interesting that you are so narrow minded in the intepretation of said gambit.
casey wrote:As I said before, this would be a very amazing gambit if true. There's just not enough evidence to prove or disprove it yet. The issue is a WIFOM / gaming the mod debate.
what is so amazing about one scum faking a "guilty investigation result" communique about another scum? what is so amazing about the possibility that roffman was town and scum sent him the communique? as you seem to acknowledge, the wifomic circumstances of the situation are confusing, but i don't see why you find it "amazing" that someone attempted such a ploy(if it even was a ploy). why do you see only one explanation for the communique and seem to ignore all other possibilities?
I guess I don't see all these "other possibilities." Care to tell me? These are the only three that I can imagine:

1) Roffman faked the communique
2) Scum had a double-communique
3) The message was legitimate and the one-shot cop hasn't come forward for whatever reason

You've said what you don't believe, but you still haven't said what you DO believe. So enlighten me, please.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #55) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Casey »

Sorry about the incoming multi-posting. There's a lot to say in the past few posts (which is a pleasant change of pace!) and I don't want to jumble my thoughts.
PhilyEc wrote:
dj wrote:Thus either we've caught him or else theres a flaw in Casey's plan concerning the communiques (someone didnt send their communique but scum partner claimed they did), in which case we may be able to identify scum by finding out who lied about receiving a post. (Is this possible? Am I missing something?)

i) Roff lied thus scum.
ii) Roff is town, post happened and sender got defended by who he was suppost to send to but didnt.(I think...)
I made a lengthy post quite some pages back about likely scumbuddies based on the communique chain. A few people added other likely possibilities.

We were unable to conclude on a likely pair based on what information we had.

If I get a chance, I'll take a look back at it and see if there's anything new we can learn.
Juls wrote:I'm curious...is there anyone who did NOT use a communique last night?
I didn't.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #56) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
Casey wrote:
dj wrote:
casey wrote:As I said before, this would be a very amazing gambit if true. There's just not enough evidence to prove or disprove it yet. The issue is a WIFOM / gaming the mod debate.
what is so amazing about one scum faking a "guilty investigation result" communique about another scum? what is so amazing about the possibility that roffman was town and scum sent him the communique?
as you seem to acknowledge, the wifomic circumstances of the situation are confusing, but i don't see why you find it "amazing" that someone attempted such a ploy(if it even was a ploy).
why do you see only one explanation for the communique and seem to ignore all other possibilities?
I guess I don't see all these "other possibilities." Care to tell me? These are the only three that I can imagine:

1) Roffman faked the communique
2) Scum had a double-communique
3) The message was legitimate and the one-shot cop hasn't come forward for whatever reason

You've said what you don't believe, but you still haven't said what you DO believe. So enlighten me, please.

your previous explanation included one and only one possibility. now you say there are three. you have still not answered the bolded questions. i don't know what to believe just yet. i think it illogical to pigeonhole ones beliefs regarding a no reveal lynch.

BSG was most likely town, so perhaps a reread with that in mind may help.

Casey: please answer the questions.
My previous explanation only included the one possibility because suggesting Roffman and Hohum are scumpairs is not part of explanation 2 or 3.

And I have always said that there are those three possibilities.

And to answer your three questions:

1) what is so amazing about one scum faking a "guilty investigation result" communique about another scum?

It seems pretty cool to me. Definitely a good twist if this game was a mystery novel.

2) what is so amazing about the possibility that roffman was town and scum sent him the communique?

Nothing. That sounds very blasé.

3) why do you see only one explanation for the communique and seem to ignore all other possibilities?

I didn't, and right now I have no idea which possibility is correct. What I think is that option 1 would be great for a novel, but I feel 2 is much more likely, and 3 very unlikely (I also forgot the scumpair-on-the-chain possibility, which I believe is almost as likely as option 2). What I'm saying is that it sounds like you are the one who is only seeing one explanation for the communique, considering you voted for Hohum.

So, clarify for me: Given your vote for Hohum, which possibility do you think is correct?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #57) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
casey wrote:So, clarify for me: Given your vote for Hohum, which possibility do you think is correct?
what vote for hohum?

*looks back a few pages*

Oops. I must have mixed up your post and Hohum's vote. Questions withdrawn.

*blushes in complete embarrassment*
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #58) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:I would like the person who sent me a communique with the codeword Ender to do the following. Take the first letters of each word and unscramble them. Take the second two words, google them and check out the 7th link. Take the final two words and think about what it could mean given this new found information. Once you have figured it out, I would like you to start the third sentence of your next post with the 5th word from my communique to you. If you cannot figure it out, start your third sentence with the third word in my communique to you.
o.o

Wow. My brain hurts just trying to read that. Good luck to whoever sent that communique.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #59) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Casey »

So Juls claims to have sent a package to Rhinox and Rhinox didn't receive it?

Were you roleblocked, Juls?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #60) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote: casey

you are playing with no conviction. your questions to me should have been just as important even though my vote was not on hohum as i have consistently voiced my suspicions of him. and yet you drop your entire train of thought because i pointed out one minor flaw in your thinking?
I'm sorry. I've mixed up things and gotten things wrong so many times that I've resigned myself to failure every time someone points out something wrong. I'm trying, at least.

...were my questions good, though?
don_johnson wrote: the little quip about being roleblocked is nonsensical because juls has plainly stated that she "sent" her package. i think you are just trying to fit in.
I don't know how roleblocking works. I've never been a roleblocker and I've never been roleblocked.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:casey: i am not fooled by your innocent front or your cutesy avatar.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm trying my best, even though it is frustrating. And you're not helping. I thought these games would be more like mystery novels (my favorite), but they are not at all like the genre except for the "someone's guilty" aspect.

My questions to you hinged on you wanting to lynch Hohum. If you did, then there is definitely something wrong.

I'm going to have to review this thread over the weekend.

Here's my current thoughts:

Town - hohum (rep. bubbles21112): Since nobody claimed the PM, I have to believe that Hohum is town.

Town - Juls: Very much town, but why is she still alive and not roleblocked?

Town - PhilyEc (rep. Braeden): Nothing wrong here.

Leaning Town - Rhinox (rep. Ectomancer): Ecto was very aggressive. It's curious that Rhinox and Juls are speaking in code.

Leaning Town - Budja: Gives good advice, but there's no compelling evidence for him.

Unknown - Skitzer (rep. RossWilliam): No compelling evidence for either of them.

Unknown - Flameaxe (rep. Reecer6): No compelling evidence for either of them.

Unknown - Cybele (rep. magicrabbit): No compelling evidence for either of them.

Leaning Scum - don_johnson (rep. dorvaan): Something doesn't feel right about him.

Dead:
Scum - roffman: Since nobody claimed the PM, I have to believe that Roffman is scum.

Town - BSG: Mafia kill. Was in between Roffman and Juls on the communique chain.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Casey »

Sorry, I had a death in the family and was out of town all weekend. :(

I will try to respond as best I can right now. I have a lot of RL things to catch up on.
PhilyEc wrote:I'm not sure about DJ or Hohum. Casey, I look to you for assistance =P Any reason why DJ is your top suspect?
Budja wrote:@casey, if you "feeling" on don is more than gut, I would like some evidence.
Why is Phily "town", gut?
After my questions to him fell flat, I don't have anything to go on for Don. His desire to see Hohum lynched I guess is a bad "gut" feeling. (Although I am very happy to see Hohum gone... unfortunately Flameaxe seems to be Hohum incarnate.)

And I would like the attacks on Phily to stop this instant. I have proof that Phily is town. I was told not to talk about how I learned this, so that's all I'll say.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #63) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Casey »

Budja wrote:I believe Juls to be town as:
1. Her role is likely confirmed and

2. Her role is an unlikely one for scum to have.
#2 I agree on completely, but it also confuses me...

Since everyone knew that Juls had the postal worker role, why wasn't she killed or roleblocked last night?

Since nobody's asked this already, I feel like it's a stupid question, but it's one I've written down that's been nagging me so much the past few days that I have to ask.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #64) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by Casey »

Oh, that makes perfect sense. x.x

Thanks.

(Now that brings up something else odd, but it's a question I'll have to wait to ask until I'm allowed to ask it.)

...and after all these replacements, we still need 2 more?! It's tough, but I'm sticking with this game. It'll probably be my last, though. I don't like the game of Mafia as much as I thought I would.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (isolation #65) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Casey »

I understand the Fos/UnFos. This isn't about that. I also completely trust Juls now.

My question will reveal a few things that I've learned that should be kept private. Exposing the information is definitely not worth it at this time.

(Finally, something exciting happening!)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (isolation #66) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:Casey...if you trust me would you be open to sharing it with me via Communique?
Yes. I think you may already know, but I currently have no other use for my communique, so I might as well. :)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #67) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Casey »

Sent. Hope it makes sense. 20 words isn't a lot. :(
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (isolation #68) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Casey »

Aaaaand this game is officially dead again. =/

This isn't fun. I kinda want to replace out, but I need closure.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (isolation #69) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:casey: would it be more fun if we lynched you?
I was almost depressed enough to say that in my post but I changed it to requesting replacement before I posted it. I still want to solve this game.

I'm guessing the role claim was to protect Skitzer?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #70) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Casey »

Whoa, this game exploded with activity! I'll post when I get enough time to read everything - there's definitely things I want to post about.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (isolation #71) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:51 am

Post by Casey »

I haven't given up, I'm still trying to find time (yay, Easter was fun).

I tried to do the codex thing quick, but I'll have to figure it out later because when I tried it, the first few letters were gibberish.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:28 am

Post by Casey »

Yay, I managed an update! And I figured out how to do the codex thing!

As for important stuff...

Juls: 103-65-32-45-74-13-31-16-24

And a question: 13-99-75-74-75-31-16-64-59-40-80-90-28-19-95-64-72-6-16-32-77-95-103-67-59-64-92-8-94-9-72-65-20-14-15-96-20-81-90-110-95-60-52-59-20-31-30-18-19-22-26-80-75-67-59-52-6-59-60-38-18-41-3-74-3-31-16-42-43-74-75-95-41-70-88-72

On Budja, I don't understand how him agreeing with you is a bad thing. I trust you completely, and a lot of things you say are great. You put a lot of thought into everything in this game (more than I could ever imagine doing). So I guess my point is that I've agreed with a lot of things you've said, too. So it's a little confusing to me.

On Flameaxe, great. The replacement is just as useful as Reecer was. -.-

And those last posts of his are horrible. Flameaxe doesn't want us sharing the information we have with Juls? Of all people, he's attacking Juls?

There's only one explanation for that.

Vote Flameaxe

---

Non-private mysteries to solve...

Strangercoug: Yay, hohum is gone! Leaving without posting his PBPA is a point agianst him, however StrangerCoug believes that Roffman was scum. The more I think about it, the more I like the thought that roffman was scum. I don't like don's idea that hohum and BSG teamed up to get Roffman lynched.

don_johnson: Mason claim. I'm sceptical of the claim, but I'll consider it.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
Casey wrote:I don't like don's idea that hohum and BSG teamed up to get Roffman lynched.
^^^^ Grade A BULLSHIT. what? who said BSG teamed up with anyone to get anyone lynched? does anyone here think casey is actually town?
You did, right here:
don_johnson wrote:
skitzer wrote:So see? With just that I can assume that BSG and hohum are likely not the same alignment as roffman.
why?
don_johnson wrote:
skitzer wrote:
Budja wrote:
Most of what BSG said was a long time ago and was focused on the whole roff/hohum debate. I think she was the first to mention roff could have lied but she did oppose the roff wagon.
This. roff and hohum were against each other, while BSG was against roff.
okay. that certainly would jive with my suspicions of hohum. nightkilling those who agree with you can be an effective scum strategy.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:^^^^^ WTF?

bsg was town. what the fuck are you talking about? you are quoting responses i made to skitzer. a) how are they "my" theories? the suggestion is that roff and bsg were not the same alignment. bsg was against the roffman lynch, so how could they have "teamed up" with hohum to lynch roffman?
Let me spell it out for you, then. -.-

1) Budja mentions BSG's involvement with roffman.

2) Skitzer expounds to say that both Hohum and BSG were against roffman.

3) You say that because they teamed up against roffman, it might have been a good idea for hohum to kill BSG because BSG agreed with hohum.

Personally I'm more inclined to believe roffman's guilt than hohum's. I never said anything about BSG being guilty.

What is so confusing about this?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Casey »

Got the message.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
Casey wrote:to say that both Hohum and BSG were against roffman.

3)
You say that because they teamed up against roffman
, it might have been a good idea for hohum to kill BSG because BSG agreed with hohum.
the bolded is the part i have a rpoblem with. it is a misrep of what was said. they didn't "team up". bsg was against the roffman lynch. just because they agreed you seem to make this giant leap to "teamed up".
Ugh. It means the same thing. If two people are on different teams, and they aim for a common goal, that's called teaming up. You think hohum's guilty, I think roffman was guilty. What's your problem, seriously?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Casey »

Oh, and
Unvote

I don't think it's necessary to lynch Flameaxe.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (isolation #78) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Casey »

I'm still here. Still thinking. There's leads, but not enough information to make a definite decision yet.

Since no lynch is said to be a bad idea, I'll vote for anyone but Juls.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #79) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:53 am

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:i want casey lynched.
Ugh.

I am really getting tired of you saying that. All you do is say everything I say is bull-doody whenever I get an idea. It's not making this fun and I would like you to stop the harassment.

You and Flameaxe are my top suspects.

There are a few other people I suspect, but they must remain private for now.

---

In other news, I still don't understand what Juls sees in Budja. He's been friendly. And Juls says he's "buddying" with her, which, as far as I can tell, is something I'm doing too, because I have complete confidence that Juls is town.

But a lynch is better than no lynch. As such, put me down for trusting Juls's instincts.

Vote Budja
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #80) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:55 am

Post by Casey »

Rhinox wrote:
Casey wrote: Since no lynch is said to be a bad idea, I'll vote for anyone but Juls.
:shock: ORLY?

I think I'm coming around to the idea of lynching Casey...
Yeah, it was posted a while back, I'm pretty sure it was Ectomancer and Hohum who were yelling back and forth about it, let me find it.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (isolation #81) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Casey »

I found the post:
hohum wrote:I'm sorry but the math just DOESN'T add up for a no-lynch on D1. A mis lynch would be better.

Think about it, very VERY carefully. A no lynch isn't going to net us any MORE information than a lynch will, and we'll be in better shape. If we do actually hit scum (and we won't find out until end game anyways) the odds of us lynching correctly tomorrow become worse but it won't matter because we've extended out the game.

There were 3 scum alive last game so I think it's reasonable to assume that they haven't added a 4th as it would likely shorten the game in a no-reveal scenario (think, scum guiding the process, which is also why I hate what ecto is doing to the town)

Incidentally I wouldn't be opposed to a don_johnson lynch now over a roffman lynch for even proposing such a stupid idea.
FoS: don_johnson

Do I really need to remind everyone that there exists NO situation regardless of the mechanics of the game where no-lynch is a good idea on D1.

The (rough) Math:

If we no lynch:

* Assuming 10 town, 2 scum:

1:5 chance of hitting scum on D1
Lose a townie, the odds of hitting scum on D2 all things being equal 1:4.5

* Assuming 9 town, 3 scum:

1:3 chance of hitting scum on D1
Lose a townie, the odds of hitting scum on D2 become 1:2.5

* Assuming 8 town, 4 scum:

1:2 chance of hitting scum on D1
Lose a townie, the odds of hitting scum on D2 become 1:1.5

If we do lynch today, and we mislynch:

* Assuming 10 town, 2 scum:

1:5 chance of hitting scum on D1
Lose 2 townie, the odds of hitting scum on D2 become 1:4 (better than no-lynch)

* Assuming 9 town, 3 scum:

1:3 chance of hitting scum on D1
Lose 2 townie, the odds of hitting scum on D2 become 1:1.5 (better than no-lynch)

* Assuming 8 town, 4 scum:

1:2 chance of hitting scum on D1
Lose 2 townie, the odds of hitting scum on D2 become damn near 1:1 (although we'll be in lylo too)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (isolation #82) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Casey »

I keep forgetting that these forums don't auto-link to the post. It's post #390 if you want to see it for yourself.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (isolation #83) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:39 am

Post by Casey »

Okay. I'll stick with my suspicions, unless we want to do a no-lynch.

Unvote, vote Flameaxe.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (isolation #84) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Casey »

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote: no lynch
i'd rather see casey or budja swing, and i am not too fond of phyl right now, but i'd rather put my vote where it will count.
What does swing mean in Mafia terms?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (isolation #85) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Casey »

Unvote, Vote No Lynch

We started this game at the beginning of February and now it's almost May. -.-
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (isolation #86) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Casey »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:dizzy: your last post reminds me of a caged monkey at the zoo flinging shit at the visitors. please explain how i have "avoided suspicion"?
I don't need to make it any clearer than I already have. And I don't appreciate the attitude or the language, kthx.
He's not as bad as hohum, but still horrible when it comes to swearing. I really don't like it.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (isolation #87) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 am

Post by Casey »

If nobody is going to do or say anything, can we all just vote no lynch so we don't have to wait out our deadline of the nonexistent April 31?
dahill1 wrote:Deadline has been pushed to April 31st because of activity.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (isolation #88) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:If you guys are going to no lynch can you wait until Monday to finish it? I have finals and it looks like SC is gone the weekend too.
At this rate, we'll make it to the deadline. =/
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #89) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Casey »

Juls, I think it's Monday in Australia.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (isolation #90) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:I confirm my vote on PhilyEc. I have talked to the mod and 2 of my 3 packages are no longer available to me. Earlier he had told me if I was roleblocked I would still have my packages available the following nights. Phily claimed Jailer to me and to Casey. He was supposed to target me at night to protect/roleblock me. What he didn't know was that I was going to send him my package to verify him. My package went through, he is not a jailer and is scum.
I would really like Phily to respond to this ASAP.

Phily has been uncomfortably friendly to me. Juls, if you want to talk about "buddying" being a sign of guilt, just look at how much Phily has been doing it to me ever since he replaced in. Phily was my biggest suspect that I couldn't name Day 2, because of his Night 1 claim.

This means that Phily has your package, Juls. This is not good. Unless there is some explanation for what happened with Juls last night, I have no qualms lynching Phily.

Phily, explain yourself.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (isolation #91) » Fri May 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Casey »

Budja wrote:@Casey, what night 1 claim?
Phily's night 1 communique to me (hasn't been used for any codexes so it's okay to post): "Protecting you tonight. Sending PM poziscum next, dont talk about PM until I die, will FoS killer in Day, PhilyEc."

Oh yeah, and speaking of FoS-ing, then he goes and FoS's Juls. Then he un-FoS's when I reveal his PM to Juls.
Budja wrote:I don't really see any buddying.
Hm, okay, it wasn't as bad as I remember it, but these really stuck out in my head as creepy, which was shortly after he joined in the game and said he couldn't bother rereading:

Post 720:
PhilyEc wrote:*steals some of Casey's ideas* :3
Post 752:
PhilyEc wrote:Casey, I look to you for assistance.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (isolation #92) » Sat May 02, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Casey »

PhilyEc wrote:I saw you as most likely town when I first joined due to your persistent efforts to divise a plan that would point out who sent that communique to Roffman. It seemed too well worked on to be something scum would bother with.
Hence why I pm'ed you about my role first.
No, it was Ectomancer (now Rhinox) who came up with the plan, which makes sense given that he was the real cop. I followed through with it. It's odd that you didn't extend the same courtesy to Rhinox.

If you want to put your item to good use, target Roffman with it to see how many communiques he received day 1. Although that's pointless because we can't trust you to begin with.

You claim you targeted me as a protector. Then BSG dies. Then you claim you targeted Budja as a jailer instead of confirming yourself with Juls, netting you an item from Juls. Then Rhinox dies. Then you say that our cop sucks. Then we learn that Rhinox targeted BSG night 1.

There's just too much there for it all to be coincidental. The mafia must have been able to look at one or more communiques somehow. The whole communique thing may even be a trap. With that knowledge, the cop dies but the claimed jailer/protector doesn't? Phily's probably a mafia roleblocker, but mafia nonetheless.

With full confidence, I
vote PhilyEc
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (isolation #93) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:By the way Casey, I didn't sign my message to you. But the 10th word was "mafia". Can you please use a codex or your communique to respond.
I didn't receive any communiques last night. o.o

Vote Izzy.

There were things that needed to be discussed yesterday that didn't get to be discussed. Izzy hammered before we could even talk. Jahudo didn't give any input and I didn't even get to send a communique. I came back to my computer to see that it was night and got so upset.

Juls, do you have any proof that Izzy is town?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (isolation #94) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Casey »

Actually, if we can assume Don is town by Jahudo's death, I think we've won. o.o
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (isolation #95) » Thu May 07, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:It scares me that you said that because it seems you may have confused the scum win condition....
FoS: Casey
Huh? I'm saying process of elimination, at least from what I know, means there's only 3 suspects left (Izzy, Budja, Looker) out of the 7 of us, if we assume Don is town.

My communique that I sent to you last night (if you received it, codeword: vex) should answer your communique that you sent to me today. Let me know if you got it.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I wonder why scum hasn't targetted Juls at any point, even thouygh she seems the most townish?
Hello? Juls said she sent me a communique last night and I didn't receive it. This isn't the only thing you've pretended to be ignorant about.

So we have Izzy, who isn't paying attention to anything, Budja, who seems happy to vote for Looker, and Looker, whose previous selves should be called Lurker.

I have no problem voting any of them, especially Izzy... although it's probably safer to vote for one of the unknowns according to Juls.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (isolation #96) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Casey »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Casey wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I wonder why scum hasn't targetted Juls at any point, even thouygh she seems the most townish?
Hello? Juls said she sent me a communique last night and I didn't receive it. This isn't the only thing you've pretended to be ignorant about.
I noticed you said you didn't recieve it, and I stand by my statement.
I'm not going to believe for a second that Juls is scum after all that's happened, if that's what you're implying.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (isolation #97) » Thu May 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by Casey »

unvote

v/la this weekend
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (isolation #98) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Casey »

I didn't hide. I felt it was way too risky, just like what happened night 3. I didn't get a chance to talk it over with anyone before the last lynch so if I would up dead, it wouldn't do any good.

I'm ready to vote looker
after everyone has finished saying what they need to say
. *cough*
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (isolation #99) » Fri May 15, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Casey »

Um, explain this to me. Why was that used on BSG? Shouldn't it have been used on someone we lynched?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (isolation #100) » Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Casey »

I'm ready for this game to be over. This is my conclusion to this game:

I am the hider.
If I hide behind mafia, I die.
If I hide behind town, I am safe from everything, unless mafia kill the person I choose. Then I die as well.
If I hide, I can't use my night communique.

I thought this was pretty useless at first, but on Day 2, I was able to trust Juls enough to reveal to her, and she told me how I could be useful. What I didn't realize was that I was able to learn whether someone was town or mafia, depending on whether or not I lived through the night!

Unfortunately, I only managed to prove one person was town this way, and that was Coug, who died last night. Here's what I did:

Night 1: I didn't hide.
Night 2: I hid behind Coug.
Night 3: This was an important night. I didn't hide, but was supposed to. Izzy hammered before Juls and I could talk about who to hide behind. I didn't think that was too bad, because Juls could just tell me in her night communique who to target. I waited, but no communique arrived. I waited up until a few hours to the deadline. I couldn't stay awake any longer, so used my communique to tell Juls about this and to let her know that I didn't hide. If I hid behind mafia and died, it wouldn't help at all because I couldn't tell Juls. The next morning, Juls told me that she sent me a communique that night! Izzy hinted that she watched Juls, and hinted that nobody targeted Juls. I'm not going to believe that Juls lied.
Night 4 & 5: I didn't hide. It was too dangerous.

---

I'm convinced the communiques are a trap. And by association, the codexes are a trap. I think the mafia have been able to read every message sent. Or almost every message. Rhinox died after I'm assuming he told you Juls. I told Juls about Phily's role in communique. I feel bad about voting Phily because now I think he was actually town... we'll find out when Izzy gets back.

Cybele (now Izzy) started the whole codex thing. No wonder the mod allowed it. It was used so much (and never again by Cybele/Izzy) that the mafia probably knew everything we said and planned!

I don't think Izzy is a watcher at all. She says she watched Juls nights 2 and 3 and saw nothing, and then *me* night 4? How convenient, would the mafia even try to target me if I could hide? What about what you did last night? Did you target me or Juls again? Of course you did. Certainly not Coug, who Juls revealed that I cleared. That would just be too smart. Oh, but I bet you knew he was clear long ago when Juls and I were talking in codex.

No, I don't believe that you're a watcher at all.

---

Izzy, if you have any reason at all why I should even *think* about voting Juls, say it now, because I'm ready to vote for you.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (isolation #101) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Casey »

Vote: Izzy

I am so sorry, Juls.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (isolation #102) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Casey »

Well, since the game is technically over, I might as well post my confession, or memoir. :)

First, all the communiques that I was privy to:

DAY 1:

Casey says to Dorvaan:
Casey here, passing along my message. Code word: Laundry

Budja says to Casey:
You look trustworthy to me, more towny than Ecto anyway. But I have nothing to say to you. Codeword:Nineteen

Roffman's 2nd communique most likely faked.

NIGHT 1:

PhilyEc says to Casey:
Protecting you tonight. Sending PM poziscum next, dont talk about PM until I die, will FoS killer in Day, PhilyEc.

DAY 2:

Casey says to Juls:
Phily's communique claims protected me. Confused because protector should target you. Phily: "Sending PM poziscum next... FoS killer in Day"

Rhinox says to Juls (SOLVED VIA CODEX):
Rhinox here. Got gift. Was extra communique. Think I trust you. I'm real cop. BSG innocent. Dumb choice. Codeword: Asterisk.

Juls says to Rhinox (CODEX):
Who are you targeting tonight? I think Budja or Skitzer. Tell me in codex.

Rhinox says to Juls (CODEX):
Definitely budja.

If he is lynched, target skitzer. I have plans for Coug.

Rhinox says to Juls (CODEX):
Who can I trust to send results to if you die?

If I die, trust the people that claim I told them who to lynch. There will be two pushing. / There will be two of them.

NIGHT 2:

Juls says to Don (INTERCEPTED):
Stop pushing Casey. She is a hider. She couldn't make that up. Password: Swine Flu -Juls

DAY 3:

Casey says to Juls:
I'm still alive and I wasn't roleblocked, so why suspect coug? codeword: fjord

NIGHT 3:

Juls says to Casey:
Target Budja. Role does say you die if target mafia right? Don't respond if yes, respond with your target otherwise.

Casey says to Juls:
Hoped to hear from you, can't stay awake waiting for deadline. Izzy hammered before we could discuss. Codeword: Vex

DAY 4:

Juls says to Casey:
Who did you target last night? Password: brunson -Juls

NIGHT 5:

Juls says to Casey:
Do you die if you hide behind scum? Answer in communique! Don't hide! -Juls

Casey says to Juls:
Yes, Coug isn't mafia, gotta be Izzy - ended days fast. And Cybele started codex, mod allowed, we got screwed. -Casey

:)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (isolation #103) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Casey »

The codex was indeed a trap. We spent all of night 2 trying to decipher it. Rhinox and Juls gave out enough hints to solve what the original message was. Juls and Rhinox said that the second word was "HERE." So we had to assume the first word was "Rhinox" to make "Rhinox here" the beginning of the message. Juls and Rhinox called it the "Asterisk" message, which gave us the hint that the codex ended with "Codeword: Asterisk."

From there, Skitzer's name was easily found. And that revealed enough letters to solve almost all of it. "Imr-al-op------ocentdumb-ho-c-" was the only unsolvable part. But then I tried filling in a few letters:

"Imrealcop------ocentdumb-ho-c-" Then I had to wonder, "ocent dumb?" What does that mean? Innocent?

"Imrealcop---innocentdumb-ho-c-" Ah! Who has a three-letter name? BSG!

"I'm real cop. BSG innocent. Dumb choice." Tada!

---

Roffman must have been a SK, otherwise this was way too imbalanced against us. Talking in codex is the only thing that saved us.

We made a good N1 kill with BSG.

We made the best N2 kill. Rhinox, the cop.

Phily helped make himself the best D3 lynch.

Don & Flameaxe had to go as masons. Making themselves N3 and N4 kills.

Budja getting lynched D4 was an acceptable loss.

Looker did absolutely nothing to stop his D5 lynch. The screw-up with the death reveal made that lynch so easy that I didn't even have to vote!

Coug had to die N5 because I had cleared him with "hiding." Scum-Izzy wouldn't dare try to kill Town-Casey, and Izzy dying would make me obviously guilty.

I was very happy to see Izzy, Juls, and I make it to the end. No boys alive?
Hallelujah
! :)

And we all know how D6 went.

And that's how I committed all my terrible acts as the Godfather (Godmother?). :(

---

Thanks everyone for the game, especially Dahill and Juls. I'm so sorry for having to put you through all of that, Juls! It hurt me so much.

This was a 3-month stressful ordeal. It was fun at times, but this was not what I was expecting the game to be like at all. At least I feel good for winning my first game that I played as scum, and on a 2-person scum team no less!

See you all in another life. :)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (isolation #104) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Casey »

I think the mafia were partially responsible for the dragging. We got LUCKY.

We eliminated every single possible thing that would give the town information.

*2 packages died with their recipients.
*BSG was investigated the night he was killed
*Rhinox was killed before he could provide a useful investigation
*Phily was lynched before he could jail someone useful (I took a gamble and made myself the killer N2! Phew!)
*Looker wasted the death reveal

And Roffman got lynched D1, which changed the game ENTIRELY. It would have been a completely different game had he lived.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (isolation #105) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Casey »

Rhinox wrote:stands up.

*applauds*

Can't believe you guys broke the codex - I tried so hard to make sure I never repeated a number in a message. So, lemme get this straight. You knew what 1-9 was because you correctly guessed the first 2 words, and you figured out that the largest number was a k and part of "skitzer", and allowed you to fill in the numbers for codeword: asterisk... *facepalm*
Almost. You guys gave away both "Rhinox here" and "Codeword: Asterisk"

Juls called it the "asterisk message" and told you to start your third paragraph with the second word in your communique, which I saw was "here." So what else could go before that? "I'm here?" "Rhinox here?" "[rolename] here?"

The word ASTERISK shares a lot of letters with SKITZER. :)
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (isolation #106) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:I was leaning toward you before her post. It was a really good post, I agree. I wish I had stuck to my guns when she scum slipped with her we win because we have 50% comment. I almost voted her then.
There was no slip-up there.

Juls-Coug-Casey-Don = Town in my head

Izzy-Budja-Looker = Unknown in my head

What I was trying to say was that "confirmed town" was the majority, and all we had to do was lynch the unknowns to win.

Oh, and another final note: The D1 communuique chain. It was sheer coincidence that the names Budja and Casey were in alphabetical order, so I chose to line up the communique chain in alphabetical order just in case Budja sent a communique to Roffman.

---

I learned an important lesson in this game, however: The only way to successfully lie is to believe your lie.

I believed I was a townie Hider, all the way to the end.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”