Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:19 am

Post by BSG »

So I'll be reading now and I'll give my thoughts about everything that has happened that caught my attention. It's also good to see some players from my other games as well.

First of, the Hohum-wagon.
The attacks against him were weak. I aprove it as a wagon to start this game, but not for a lynch. However, the responces Hohum made, were just bad. Especially post 42 is a good example of this.
The 'funny' thing is that Hohum called Ecto/roff out on a scumtell, but only FoSed. To me, it seems like he's faking it.

A huge questionmark for post 46 (including the EBWOP of post 47). Not for not understanding, but I'm having doubts about the intention of said post.

Before I'll get into Ecto's plan, I want to give my comments about post 60.
To me, it's very likely that the quoted PM is from scum. I'll go into the arguments after each player has posted regarding this quote. (which means that we'll have to wait for Braeden, Hohum and Dorvaan)
Also, Roff, when did you receive the quote which contained the claimed result, and if you didn't post it right after you received it, then why did you wait?

Back to Ecto's plan.
I support it. I have a feeling that the second post Ross received is from scum. It seems that many others think this as well. If we use Ecto's plan, we can find said player and lynch one scum for sure. The claimed one-shot cop or the one he investigated.
There's only thing I don't like. And that is the quoting of said post. I want to use my PM to try to give some info/explanations/thoughts across or to ask a question. It might be possible that I don't want anyone to let it know what was in it. I don't know if other players have this, but I rather don't want it to be quoted.
But just to be sure that a player recieved a message, we could all put a made up code word in it. For example, I send a message to Ecto, with as code word penguin at the end of the message. When Ecto has received the message, he should post the code word in game to show that he has received my message. Thoughts about this?
But yeah, I agree with Juls. This should only be done this day.
Also, if we're going to do it using the alphabet, do I have to take HoC's old space, or am I put behind Braeden?

And there we have R6. I really like to play as Lucas with SSBB (although Zelda, Zero Suit Samus and King Dedede (Penguin power!!!) are much better), but I don't like that last post of yours.
Could you please state the advantages and disadvantages for both scum and town about your plan?
I also would like to know what points about Hohum made by Ecto are good reasoning according to you and why. And I'd like an explanation why you first come up with no vote at all as you want to wait for a good bandwagon/logic, but in your next vote you did vote.

Juls, if I read it correct, you wanted some advice about your role. But Roff could be scum, so why did you ask it to a random player?
Also, about your case. Could you show where Ecto did 1 and 2? Can you also explain why 3 is bad?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:31 am

Post by BSG »

@Juls
When you receive the communique, you can find the password

here (two empty lines between the real message and the password)

Will start writing mine now.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am

Post by BSG »

Juls password is correct. I just love to play as King Dedede at SSBB :D
Juls, do you agree or not with what I asked in my post? If possible, answer only with a 'yes' or a 'no'. I want to hear something first before going into it.

As for Roffman. His password was: Tomato.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:24 am

Post by BSG »

The theories:
-Some players could be able to do multiple communiques.
Seems very unlikely. First of all, this wasn't the case during the previous game. It would also give scum a huge advantage if the scum have multiple communiques as they could easily confuse town. It also wouldn't make sense to have a 1-shot cop with multiple communiques. He could give his result to multiple players during the day.
-Our order involved 2 scum players back to back in the chain.
More likely. The only thing is that it will be hard to find out who they are. I'll try to look at this one if there's perhaps a possibility to find this out.
-Roffman lied.
Also likely. But that defence of his, is WIFOM. So I'm not happy with that. Especially, if he didn't mention Juls' message, she would have made a huge argument against him. But, number 2 seems more likely.

Also, there are two other things.
First, when I got into this game, there was something that caught my interest in the role PM. It was the rule, that you were allowed to sign each communique with whatever you want, as long as it wasn't as the mod. I asked the mod more about this. Apparently, it's allowed to fake a communique with the name of someone else in this game. For example, Juls could have signed her communique towards Roffman with Hohum. That would have been accepted by the mod. So this is a warning that you shouldn't trust a communique that easily in the future.

Second, is the 1-shot cop claim. As already discussed, I think it's more likely fake. First of all, the claimed cop investigated Hohum, who wasn't in the game at that point. It also doesn't make sense to use a 1-shot ability during pre-game. As I said towards Juls, a cop investigation with no scum kill during pregame isn't possible. Only with a cop start, but the game started the day after the roles were sent, so it's very unlikely that there was a cop head start. And last but not least, the claimed cop hasn't come forward yet. It's very likely that if the claim was true, that he would have outed himself as a trade is encouraged.
So I would like to consider the two options that are left regarding the claimed cop:
-The claimed cop didn't know that this game is no reveal and tried to dump his buddy to get 'a confirmed position'.
-The claimed cop knew that this is a no reveal game and tried to dump a possible townie for a free lynch.

I'll come back to this later as I want to use the three possible theories in these possibilities.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:03 am

Post by BSG »

Roffman, what's your time zone?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by BSG »

Now that you've claimed, can you show the whole message you sent to Roffman?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:46 am

Post by BSG »

I oppose a Roffman lynch.
It seems very likely now that there was someone with 2 communiques. In this case, it doesn't make sense if Roffman is scum only in the case when he and Juls are scum together.
I'll get back to this later when I can describe clearly what I mean.

As for Juls, I would advice that you don't mention to who you send your first packet to in this topic. I do advice you to use your night communique to tell one player who you trust who should expect a packet. If you are the NK, we will at least know who received it when this player is town. But if you're afraid that this player might be scum, send your night action and your communique only one hour before deadline ends. Or at least as late as possible but before the deadline ends.
As for your target, I'd pick a player who I would see as neutral, but a bit to the townside. But as you don't know the effects, it's probably better if you don't take someone who looks pro-town or scummy to you, just in case the effects are against us.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:22 am

Post by BSG »

Well, I'm back. But I don't have the time to read all the posts that I have missed. So I'll go through them during the weekend.

Anyway, I'm in favor of not lynching one of Hohum or Roffman today. One of the three theories is that there's an extra communique in the game. If this communique is randomly assigned to one player, there's a chance that a town player gets it tomorrow. So we can check one of the theories.
That would leave the scum side to side or a lying Roffman if this isn't the case. But we only need to look at these if there isn't a second communique. So if we wait a day, we can find out which one is the true theory easier.

I'll look during the weekend who I'd like to see lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”