Mini 732: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Mafia (Game Over!)

Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Malyss »

/confirm
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Malyss »

I lost track of how many times we watched it online. I gave Yos2 the Dr. Horrible DVD. The extras were worth it.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Malyss »

Vote: Rishi

I never liked Penny. ;)
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Malyss »

The RVS is a hard habit to get out of.
unvote
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Malyss »

I used my night action to target Megatheory on the theory that until I have reasonable suspicions against potential scum or the serial killer, I might as well target the one person that I know could potentially kill me.

Master Ruck, I guess that you're up next.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Malyss »

I've been trying to gather up my thoughts on what has happened thus far.

If everyone has been truthful about their night actions:

Megatheory claims to have refrained from using his vigilante action on N0, which makes sense since the vigilante role is usually on the town’s side from what I read in the wiki (though in this game, he could be scum) and if he is town, it makes more sense to use his action on a player who has developed some suspicion.

Danchaofan was protected by Rishi - I can agree with the idea that the jailkeep is a role worth keeping around as if they are town, they could be useful.

Rishi was watched by fuzzylightning - It does seem rather smart to have watched Rishi, the doctor as they could have been a good target.

Malyss protected herself against Megatheory - Given that my action can be used each night, I saw no harm in employing it on N0. Megatheory was the only person that I could think of to use the action on at least until I develop some suspicion of who the scum are.

Tony Montana was jailkeeped by Danchaofan - I can see jailkeeping Tony Montana as being a reasonable move as by doing so, Danchaofan would not interfere with the role related actions that we most of us have. It kind of makes me wonder if Tony Montana could potentially be scum, though. If he was the scum player who was in charge of handing in the kill order on N0, then that role action would have been blocked by Danchaofan’s jailkeeping of him.

Porochaz was bodyguarded by Hasdgfas - Given that Hasdgfas survived N0 while bodyguarding Porochaz, Porochaz must not have been as prime a target as Hasdgfas thought or I’d assume that it would be possible that if Porochaz was scum, then he was not in great danger.

It seems doubtful that the scum would have chosen not to make a nightkill, so either Tony was the one calling in the order and got roleblocked or the scum tried to target me (if the scum making the action was Megatheory), or Tony Montana was targeted while being jailkeeped (or is it jailkept?) by Danchaofan. If Hasdgfas did indeed bodyguard Porochaz, then either Porochaz wasn’t a target since Hasdgfas survived or Porochaz could possibly be scum.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Malyss »

The puzzle part hurts my puzzler.

Porochaz wrote:Just clarifying, you know hasdgfas is bodyguard not jailkeeper, therefore if I was scum I would be free to kill, correct?
Yes, I am aware that hasdgfas is a bodyguard and not a jail keeper. I said, “either Porochaz wasn’t a target since Hasdgfas survived or Porochaz could possibly be scum.” Meaning, either the scum did not select you as a target because they wanted to target someone else, or they did not target you with a night kill because you are one of them.

Assuming that a night kill was attempted and fizzled and players were honest about their night actions, then it could have been made against any of the following players: Danchaofan, Malyss, Tony Montana, or Porochaz.

Or the night kill could have been directed by Tony Montana whose action would have been prevented by Danchaofan’s jailing of him.

Or Porochaz could be scum and the night kill was deflected by either Rishi’s protection of Danchaofan or Danchaofan’s jailing of Tony Montana.

Or Megatheory could be scum. Then again, if he was on the scum team, why not have him vig and have another person on the scum team make the night kill choice to get double the killing power? Other than to keep with his policy on not vig killing on N0...

Or Plum, Gorrad, or Master Ruck.

I know that I feel like I'm repeating myself as I try to make sense of the potential actions and how they affect the situation.

Perhaps Danchaofan's jailing of Tony Montana might have come as an unexpected move when the scum chose who to have hand in their night action to the mod. On N0, there would be the potential to harm the town by jailing players who have actions, which could benefit the town, such as the doctor, the body guard and the watcher. There would be some sense to jailing someone like Plum who has a day action, Gorrad, Porochaz or Tony Montana.

hasdgfas wrote:I decided to be a bodyguard for porochaz last night. Since he's one of the more experienced players I figured he'd be a target.
I find it interesting that hasdgfas would bodyguard a player based solely on the player being more experienced and not apply his ability to protecting a player with a more helpful night action such as the doctor or the jail keeper?

Perhaps hasdgfas and Porochaz could be two of the scum players? There could be some logic to having Porochaz make the scum night choice while hasdgfas bodyguards him to protect Porochaz from potentially being offed by the serial killer or the vigilante.

I'm still learning some of the intricacies of the game and this may be a stupid question. Theoretically speaking, if the scum player who is sending in the scum team's kill action to the mod is killed during the night, would the scum team's kill still go through?
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by Malyss »

hasdgfas wrote:I find it very interesting that you don't simply ask me why I would choose to protect an experienced player over someone with a more useful action, but instead you jump into saying that we could be scum together.
Why is this?
It probably would have been better to phrase my theorizations into a question or questions. Coming up with and asking questions are some of my weak spots. I tend to have a somewhat observational manner and tend to find it difficult to come up with questions.

I do appreciate that you endeavored to address the concerns that I brought up.

Megatheory wrote:Danchaofan has suggested pursuing this theory, Malyss has speculated on it, and I know others have thought about it. What are you waiting for? Do you need permission first?
I do not feel the need to wait for permission before pursuing this. I have just been puzzling and eventually came up with another potential theory that I wanted to explore before committing to voting.

What is your rush? What do you think about the other possible theory that I brought up in post 124?
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Malyss »

Megatheory wrote:And which theory are you asking me about? There are several in that post.
Sorry, I meant this idea:
Malyss wrote:I find it interesting that hasdgfas would bodyguard a player based solely on the player being more experienced and not apply his ability to protecting a player with a more helpful night action such as the doctor or the jail keeper?

Perhaps hasdgfas and Porochaz could be two of the scum players? There could be some logic to having Porochaz make the scum night choice while hasdgfas bodyguards him to protect Porochaz from potentially being offed by the serial killer or the vigilante.

I'm still learning some of the intricacies of the game and this may be a stupid question. Theoretically speaking, if the scum player who is sending in the scum team's kill action to the mod is killed during the night, would the scum team's kill still go through?
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Malyss »

Megatheory wrote:Using a power on a player based on their experience is just as valid as using a power based on a player's role, especially in a game where (almost) everyone has a powerrole and any of those roles could be anit-town. Nothing suspicious about that.

Now, if hasdgfas and Porochaz were scum together, they don't gain anything if one bodygaurds the other. If one scum is targeted, you still wind up with a dead scum. In fact, a scum bodyguard should not use his power at all. If they were scum together, it would be very risky to claim one protected the other as that would be evidence for a link between them.

So I don't think either of them is scum unless hasdgfas is lying.
That sounds fair enough. While looking at the different power roles, I was trying to figure out possible strategic ways in which they could be used.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Malyss »

Considering some of the thoughts that I have had on the dynamics of how the scum failed to have a kill on N0, I am not entirely opposed to a Tony Montana lynch.

I just want a chance to go over things.

Right now, the argument over satire is muddying the waters and I’m going to need a moment or two to wade through it later tonight or tomorrow.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Malyss »

A lot of what I have been able to develop thoughts on has had to do with the dynamics of the power roles in the game and their interactions.

I am not sure what the supposedly unnecessary (for a small town game, perhaps) random vote stage netted us. Megatheory voted Porochaz because he wanted two, not one OMGUS vote. Plum put in a vote for Tony Montana for being vanilla scum in a previous game. Porochaz pulls some evidence out of his bum for his case against Gorrad, which sends things flying with Gorrad voting himself due to Porochaz’s convincing argument. Megatheory stepped in and put a vote on Gorrad due to his dislike of self-voting. After Porochaz points out that with such a water tight case, the only thing that Gorrad could do was vote himself and Gorrad confirms that Porochaz speaks the truth, Megatheory unvotes and then revotes Gorrad. Hasdgfas joined in and put a vote on Megatheory “for completely ignoring the airtight case and voting Gorrad for self-voting.” I chimed in with my random vote on Rishi due to my dislike of Penny. Danchaofan put a random vote on Plum. Rishi voted hasdgfas while replying to a previous post from Plum and suggests claiming night choices after each night and using the popcorn method to determine order. Rishi also points out the pointlessness of having a RVS in a small town game. Megatheory explained the joke nature of his vote on Gorrad.

Overall, I like jokes better when I'm in on them and can appreciate them. So, for the most part the round about with Porochaz, Gorrad, Megatheory and Hasdgfas merely gave me a headache as I tried to decipher if there was anything useful that I could get out of it.

And then there was the discussion of Megatheory not making a N0 kill as the vigilante. I buy his explanation about why he didn’t use the ability on N0 because with no information (assuming he is town), he would have too great a chance of potentially hitting a townie.

I agree that Tony’s comment of, “Btw, town, if i make any scumslips while drunk, I'm just gonna ignore you all” seems telling. I’m not keen on the insults to the intelligence of others and maybe I’m falling into this category of people that he finds to be unintelligent, but I did not read his one comment as being a “blatantly obvious satire of porochaz.” Humor points go to Gorrad for working a Princess Bride quote into post 165.
TonyMontana wrote:
Master Ruck wrote:Tony is acting quite aggressively in his efforts to defend himself, and he may be overdoing it which is a scum tell, but the wagon on him did practically appear over night and I reckon anyone would be annoyed at that.
More annoyed about it happening because the "slip"
Well, the slip has been a big portion of the reason for the wagon but based on some of the power role dynamics, there is the potential of you being the scum who had the responsibility of putting in the scum’s night kill choice for N0. I also consider the nasty over-defensiveness as being scummy.

You’ve gotten in your chance to express your views and I feel comfortable getting in my horrible death whinny:

Vote: Tony Montana
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Malyss »

That seems a fair enough option again.

Meanwhile, I'm currently away for the weekend and might not get another good chance to log on until Monday.

Who would it be best to hear from first? I'm assuming hearing from Megatheory about his night action might be preferable?
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Malyss »

Does Megatheory know that he's still alive? Especially since we're waiting for him to check in to disclose his night action...
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Malyss »

I'm currently suffering from a bout of bronchitis and feel more like being in bed than at the computer, so I might not be very active for a day or two until my lungs stop doing what they're doing, well...the bad thing that they are doing...they're welcome to continue processing oxygen. Sucks. I was getting better after being a bit sick for a week and a half and now this. Blah!
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Malyss »

This has really ground things to a halt.

I'm still here...starting to get somewhat better (health-wise, at least).
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Malyss »

I'm not sorry that I missed out on the discussion of what role Gorrad should take on, I'm just disappointed that he didn't realize sooner how it worked, that it wasn't a night action. Meh. Stuff happens.

Not that my night action matters much given that it's self-protective, but given that Megatheory FOD'd me and I am town, I decided to target him with my horsely night action.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Malyss »

I agree with the no-vig policy for this evening. I'm sorry that I've not been around much. I've been having issues between the bronchitis and my spine turning on me and not being my friend lately.

I'm hoping to reread and make a better contribution this evening.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Malyss »

Back on March 6, I sent Glork a PM to request that I be replaced. My scoliosis has been acting up a lot lately and I've been in a bit too much pain to sit and read and participate. I'm going to finish out the newb game that I'm in but that's about it. :(
All apologies.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”