Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Sipylus »

/confirm Hey all. I'll read up and post sometime this afternoon.

For the record - I live in upside down land (when I'm not traveling on a path to a big tree!) so its 8.45am on Monday morning where I am as I post this. If it seems like it takes me a long time to respond to questions, it could be because I'm asleep while you're awake ;)

Cheers
"Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be."
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Rudner]Rita Rudner[/url]
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Sipylus »

EBWOP - Yeah, uh - I'm replacing Spambot in case that wasn't clear.
"Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be."
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Sipylus »

Lunar_Tick in #43 wrote: I find it really annoying that you guys are making so much of a fuss about a clearly random, at least for now, choice. Even though it is day one, surely we can find something better to talk about.
This seems to have prompted almost all the of the rest of the discussion to date. So I might as well stick it up the top of my first real post.
raider8169 in #44 wrote: You said we like you had something better to talk about yet you didnt mention it in your post. The clearly random choice is causing disscussion which is good. Why try to stop it?
I fail to see the connection between 'we' and 'you had something better to talk about'. This is pretty weak no? The rest I agree with though so carry on.
MonkeyMan576 in #58 wrote: Unvote:

Vote: LunarTick

He seems to be admitting that he made his choice knowingly without consulting anyone else. It's one thing to say you didn't know that his vote would be final, it's another to say that you know and deliberatly left others out of the discussion.
What? Who are you talking about here, and why didn't you vote for him?
MonkeyMan576 in #58 wrote:
Lunar_Tick wrote:@Monkeyman: You seem to be confusing me with Rogue Shenanigans. Maybe.
I'm sorry I mispoke. Defending the move is just as bad as doing it, if not more so. Like Prom King said, it's unlikely scum would actully choose a path this early, but having someone defend the tactics worries me.
What?

Allow me to paraphrase :

*On an Internet forum where I can read and re-read my posts to make sure they say what I mean, I said something I didn't mean.
*Now I'm going to defend what I did say, even though right now I could just say oops.
*Defending other peoples actions is at least as bad as those actions. Maybe worse.
*I'm going to stick with voting this guy who is defending someone I don't even think is scummy anymore because the defense of a random choice as a means of kicking the thread off is in and of itself scummy.
Lunar_Tick #62 wrote: Your whole post and vote assumes that the choice has any kind of bearing on the game. You are very far from being sure of your claims, at least not close enough to make any kind of conclusion and subsequently vote on it. And if you are sure of your claims (and it seems that you are), then you are highly suspicious.

Also I don't like the way you use the word "tactics" in your post, when there was clearly no under-hand mafia scheme but rather a random choice.
Gah - I don't like this post. I only really agree with the part about MM being suspicious and also the use of the word 'tactics'. The rest seems really a) very defensive and b) is full of the same sort of assumptions you are accusing MM of making. At this stage in the game we are all assuming and accusing to get a read on people.
MonkeyMan576 #65 wrote: You're not in a position to say what I'm able to come to a conclusion on and vote for. All I need to vote is to think that you are more guilty than anyone else. And I clearly do. The only way you could know if there was a scheme or if it was random choice is if you were scum, a townie would not know the difference.
I agree with the first part of this, and think the whole random choice v scheme thing is being overstated. Nobody seems to think RS is scum, or that he acted in a scummy way. We just don't know yet. LT seems to just be stating opinions to me.

And finally :
Lunar_Tick #66 wrote: Or maybe the mod told me.
How is this last sentence worth a bandwagon? RS jumps on LT immediately after this post, and it all starts going from there. This was a joke no?

There is more later in the thread, but up to this point MM is the one who seems scummy to me. I'm going through the rest now, but in the mean time

Vote:MonkeyMan576
for being the person that I think is more guilty than anyone else atm.
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Sipylus »

I'm just going to try and post once every RL day I think, plus any quick responses or questions I think are urgent.

To paraphrase the activity in the thread since my last post -

* Squabble squabble about semantics. (Often valid, in this case not productive afaic so far.)
* The LT wagon produced no response from LT, but lots of responses from others. (File for later.)
* WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM - would you like some whine with your WIFOM? (Get over it, its not cool to just say 'WIFOM' all the time, nor is it meaningful. Its like swearing all the time, when you mean it, its all just a little hollow.)
* Occam has a go at several peeps, asks questions and gets answers. Go Occam. Go Questions. Go Answers. Go Team!
* Since LT wagon is now effectively broken, let's wagon someone else. Like freeko, for fishing (I'm not condoning fishing with this point.)
Rhinox in #142 wrote: Freeko was fishing. Hard, and obviously. He used an invalid assumption that you and LT are scum mates (based on nothing more than you defending LT) to try to pry more information out of you about your role.

Aside from that, freeko hasn't really done much. He hasn't been scumhunting, and he's thrown out Japanese proverbs that seem like nothing more than a charade to try to make himself look smart.
Forget the fishing for a moment. This second part is scummy. Lurking, cruising, posting with no real output or production. This is the important part. I'm going to
Vote:freeko
. I'm still not cool with MM, but I guess I'm on the wagon.
Occam in #143 wrote: OK - Rhinox has cleared up my issues concerning him. Thanks.
Occam
- So uh, did you unvote somewhere and I just missed it? If RX has cleared his issues, why are you still voting for him? Is he still scummy for other reasons you haven't raised with us yet?
freeko in #13 wrote:
vote : rogue shenanigans
for choosing a path without asking anyone else. Maybe it is you who hangs from the lynching tree?
freeko in #130 wrote: Korts, I am no more or less scummy for looking at Occam and having the same reaction to it as you do. I just have not gone so far as to vote for him yet. Though you seem to have missed his last response where he made the clarification to his using mislynch instead of bad lynch. Maybe you did not see this. Or are you just trying to make everyone else look bad so you somehow avoid suscpicion?
freeko
- You don't seem to have found anyone better to vote for, and your vote on RS seems jokish? Why didn't you vote for Occam? Or is your vote on RS serious?
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Sipylus »

EBWOP: I forgot
4> All votes must be unvoted before the next vote is counted. Votes reset each day.
Apologies -
Unvote, Vote:freeko
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Sipylus »

This is hillarious no? Just for reference I'm going to quote the original vote again:
freeko in #13 wrote:
vote : rogue shenanigans
for choosing a path without asking anyone else. Maybe it is you who hangs from the lynching tree?
Even with freeko's vote still being in place 100+ posts later, I read this four times before the posibilty that it wasn't a joke vote entered my mind. So I asked why freeko hadn't moved his vote to the people who was suspicous of - the anyone I refer to below is Occam.
Sipylus wrote:
freeko
- You don't seem to have found anyone better to vote for, and your vote on RS seems jokish? Why didn't you vote for Occam? Or is your vote on RS serious?
freeko wrote:I have not been convinced by Rouge that his choice of path was not either pre-meditated or some manner of an act of sabotage that will come into play later in the game. I cannot help but think that he has knowledge of the path and knows what will come from going certain ways good or bad.
Korts wrote:Also, nice baseless accusations at RS.
freeko wrote:No more or less baseless than his choice of path.
This says to me that if I believe RS's vote was random, I should believe that your vote is scummy dirt throwing. As this *is* what I believe, its a good thing I'm already voting for you.

I'm off for the weekend in a few hours, I'll try to at least have a look in everyday but I can't be certain I'll be able to post before Monday my time.
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Sipylus »

Been busy most of the weekend, this masons business changes things. I'll hop back on MonkeyMan576 as per my post #128 for the time being and do a proper post tomorrow from work.
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Sipylus »

In an entirely unrelated voting action to MM not realizing the claim, I just realized that I didn't vote with my last post.

Apologies to freeko -
Unvote: Vote MonkeyMan576
as I intended to in my last post.
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Sipylus »

Sipylus in #143 wrote: I'll hop back on MonkeyMan576 as per my post #128 for the time being and do a proper post tomorrow from work.
Sipylus wrote:In an entirely unrelated voting action to MM not realizing the claim, I just realized that I didn't vote with my last post.
No, I'm going to vote you "for being the person that I think is more guilty than anyone else atm".
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Sipylus »

MM - I'll summarize whats happened with my vote :

* I vote for you because you seem scummy to me (see post #128)
* I vote for freeko because he seems more scummy than you
* Prim King claims on behalf of freeko, freeko confirms (SECRET HANDSHAKE!)
* I say that I'm going to vote for you because freeko claimed, reverting back to my original vote. But I'm tired, so I actualy forget to vote
* Some stuff happens with you making a mistake that doesn't in anyway influence my voting
* I realize I didn't in fact switch my vote, and do so.

If you want to see why I think you're scummy - have a read of #128 and get back to me.
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Sipylus »

EBWOP - Prim King - haha

Sorry dude, Prom King of course ;)
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Sipylus »

I'm happy to watch as well, lets not jump on this like RS did with the first post though.
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Sipylus »

@freeko
- you wouldn't by any chance have an ulterior motive for wanting to watch do you? I imagine the only "obvious" townie at this stage would be you, no?
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Sipylus »

Juls wrote:
freeko wrote:@siphylus: ...
Not game related:
Be careful with the "h" in
sipylus
...it changes the entire name and kinda grosses me out. :oops:
"Syphilis, or the French Disease

Where the name Syphilus itself came from is not known for certain, but it has been suggested that Fracastoro borrowed it from Ovid's
Metamorphoses
. In Ovid's work
Sipylus
(spelled
Siphylus
in some manuscripts) is the oldest son of Niobe, who lived not far from Mount Sipylon in Asia Minor. Fracastoro's poem about Syphilus was modeled on the story of Niobe. "

I'm totally ok with either spelling :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”