Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #692 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by Kison »

Yo.

Since folks are demanding I claim, claim I shall.

I am Kara Thrace, the dead sexy blonde bad mamma jamma of the Battlestar Galactica series. She is in the delusional state after having the visions of earth(season 4). She can recall specific details from the visions, but only if she puts forth an ample amount of focus on the task. My ability is to, during the
day
, submit an investigation for a player. During the proceeding night I receive my result, which indicates whether or not a player is a source of danger. However, my target must be the same person on which I currently have my vote placed. The only result I have so far a non-dangerous on KingEnigma/Camn. No investigation has been sent in today as far as I can tell.

I'll have the game read in due time.

Love,

Starbuck
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #717 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Kison »

I've read all but the last few pages more thoroughly and skimmed the last few. I'll reread the last few in due time. Anyways... A lot happened, especially from around page 16ish onward(whenever everyone started claiming whether or not they were Cylons).

It seems to me that we're dealing with the schism in the Cylons from the show(the "Let's reveal the final five" group and the "That is blasphemy!" group) based primarily on how Macavity reacted to being outed as a cylon associated with that group. I could be wrong.

Anyway,

- Highly doubt Knight of Cydonia is scum. Makes no sense. His outing of Mac was very random and unprovoked. I realize there were a lot of holes in his claim, but again, I think it is far more likely that he was Town who was genuinely confused with how his role was to be triggered than for him to be scum who would knowingly risk that exposure for the off chance of outing one of his own scum buddies(yes easier for me to make this call knowing that Mac is scum at this point). Regardless, I am not looking at KoC unless... well... I can't think of any case right now.

- I think ForbiddanLight is Town. This idea stems primarily around her being the first Cylon to claim Cylon. Prior to reading this game I genuinely assumed this was Cylon VS goodie-two-shoe-humans. Clearly we no longer are dealing with this. It's possible the scum have inside knowledge of the setup and knew ahead of time of other non-scum-aligned Cylons. This aside, I was not very favoring of Forbiddan's jump on Elmo(and ironically wanted to lynch my predecessor for the same behavior). Would like to hear thoughts on ForbiddanLight being the first cylon claimer.

- iamascumbag's horrendous Farkshinsoup wagon nearing the end of day one has my eye looking in his direction right now. Run the guy up for random voting based on an avatar? Please. If anything, it simply makes
more
sense for a player who is human to make that move than it makes the idea inconceivable that a player who received a good-guy Cylon PM to cast that vote. He then later jumps on Knight of Cydonia after he comes out with his claim. Not the move I would have made.

- Rishi. Would rank him up here with iamausername. Primarily, spent a decent portion of yesterday picking holes at Elmo's "Kill ^ FoS:whatever the hell it was" despite previously saying he didn't necessarily find Elmo scummy for it. Felt like he was just posting for the hell of it during that time period. More importantly, jumped on Mac as opposed to Knight of Cydonia. He had spent a good portion of yesterday targeting MacLock(I quote "I probably wouldn't be willing to help lynch anyone right now except for Fark and MacavityLock (whose case never picked up the steam it deserved).") yet landed his vote on Knight of Cydonia due to MacLock claiming a role. Top this off with Farkshinsoup's now claimed role block on him, and I find him a very decent prospect for today.

- Grimmy and andersonw both need to be kicked in the butt and get more involved with the game. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to form any conclusive opinion on either because both post sporadically and briefly. Grimmy's behavior has me more bothered than andersonw's(but very likely because I can never recall what andersonw has done between posts because he's so uninvolved) primarily due to his hop on the Farkshinsoup wagon.

- Farkshinsoup/Elmo are both players who I _felt_ were Town during my read. For Elmo it stemmed more around the way Tarhalindur and ForbiddanLight went after him(which, sadly, again, I am using my predecessor as a reason for finding someone else to be more likely Town. Sad) Not a particularly strong feeling. Farkshinsoup is more due to the wagon that formed on him at the end of the day, but more importantly he is the one who just claimed Jailkeeper. Not gonna lynch unless something convincing comes up to contradict that.

Incog of Patrickness I am finding difficult to read conclusively. I find no fault in the arguments he makes, but I find myself easily deceived by wordy individuals. I would not consider him a viable lynch candidate
at the time of my writing this
but admit I would like to read more into him individually. I did not like his predecessor very much and actually found a lot of what he said to be mildly bothersome.

I have a 'not dangerous' on the infamous King Enigma/Camn. I didn't particularly like the no-lynch push, though. :)

Anywho, as I said before, iamausername & Rishi as my two top, pending hole picking from people after I post this.
Vote: Rishi
- on the off chance Farkshinsoup is lying, this will give us more information. His roleblock, however, could not have had any effect on the lack of kill last night.

More later, but would really rather prefer folks give feedback because I took a lot of this game in at a rush.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #723 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Kison »

Unvote
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #728 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Kison »

iamausername, you are correct. I misattributed the Farkshinsoup wagon to you, likely because you were the one to bring the point of his random vote to eveyrone's attention. Consider the point retracted.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #731 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Kison »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:
@Kison
: I'm confused by your read of Elmo. Why does the way your predecessor and forbiddanlight went after him make you think he's town? You concluded that you think forbiddanlight is town, and I'm assuming you're not claiming scum here... so yeah, can you elaborate on that please?
I was not trying to point out the significance of
who
was attacking Elmo, but rathre his reaction to the onslaught they threw at him. Me thinking ForbiddanLight is Town(and knowing that I am Town) has little to do with it. Really, though, I've simply liked how Elmo has played thus far and that is the best example of reactions I have found favorable to him.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #733 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Kison »

Sorry. Missed that.

Look, I spent all of the night I posted(where I placed my vote) reading the game, and was pretty tired by the time I was finished(it was 2 or 3 AM). I didn't even realize my vote put Rishi at L-1, seeing as the day had just begun and I had only skimmed over the more recent pages(which I also mentioned in my post). So my vote was not me trying to rush the day to a close, as I am guessing you are viewing as an inconsistency for someone with my ability, rather than me reinforcing the suspicions I stated in my post.
Flask of Pestilence wrote:Tarhalindur mentioned that in order to investigate someone, he had to vote the person and then submit an investigation choice, but I haven't seen you take the steps necessary to get an investigation off today.
Again, I have been in the game for a grand total of 5 days, and
just
caught up a day and a half ago. Are you under the assumption that I should be rushing, here? I have not conclusively decided who I will investigate. When I decide, I will 'take the steps necessary' to make it happen.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #736 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Kison »

Camn wrote:But if we lynch Rishi.. will it be too late for you?
Unless I am voting for someone, in which case I'll be forced to investigate the person I am voting so long as I get it in during twilight. Are we rushing to lynch Rishi?
Flask of Pestilence wrote:I'm just saying that for someone who supposedly has this role of "Gunsmith who Day-Investigates people after placing a vote on them", it seemed offly quick of you to lay your vote down on Rishi. I would think that someone who has this role that's extremely sensitive to voting would be more careful with his or her votes. I realize you're claiming now that you didn't realize that your vote placed him at L-1
I can understand how you might find me placing Rishi at L-1 to be sketchy. The only explanation I can give is that I was very focused on reading the game, catching up, and showing where I stood, and that I was tired by the time I was finished and only skimmed the last few pages. I mentioned this in my first post, and yes, I realize this is a lousy explanation. However, beyond that, I can't really argue this.
Flask of Pestilence wrote:but I don't see why you needed to place it there to begin with even if you were just using your vote to try and assert where you stand at this current time.
I view this as good practice. Of course there is no
need
for me to place my vote. But just because I am voting someone now does not mean I cannot later switch my vote when I decide on my investigation, then switch back. When I joined, we were still early Day Two, and the day being rushed hadn't crossed my mind as I was writing up my post.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #745 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Kison »

I am pretty sure I know who I want to investigate. However, I would like to do one more quick reread before I actually submit it. I'm under the assumption that Rishi is a done deal, so I'll likely
not
be spending it on him.

If you guys could give me until the weekend, that'd be great. I'll do a couple of vote hops so it's not obvious who I selected, but it's pointless to do that now.
camn wrote:Kison: Place a couple random votes on people so I can stop thinking about this!
But but but... I like it when you think about me. :(
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #773 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Kison »

Hi.

I had started the reread yesterday, but I was interrupted. Sorry. Had planned to have it finished before Sunday ended.

Anyway... Spam alert.

Unvote

Vote: forbiddanlight
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #774 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Flask of Pestilence
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #775 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Farkshinsoup
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #776 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Knight of Cydonia
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #777 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Grimmy
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #778 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: andersonw
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #779 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: iamausername
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #780 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Elmo
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #781 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Rishi

*takes a bow*
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #800 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Kison »

Not Dangerous (tm) on Grimmy. Not sure about mass claim. Would
help
determine if something else might have prevented a scum kill from going through, but would come at the price of exposing all roles.

Leaning against.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #805 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Kison »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Centurion Claus! Comes down your chimney and delivers shiny, metallic death to all the human boys and girls!
What does Strong Bad do when he comes down the chimney?

Flask of Incognitoness wrote:Kison should announce yet another investigation
Why should I announce my investigation before hand? If we mass claim and there are no protective roles, then that would give scum insight of who to kill. And even if we do have a protective role, if they were to protect whoever I investigate, it would leave Farkshinsoup and myself wide open. Basically, I am not seeing why I would do this. It makes plenty sense in Farkshinsoup's case, because if there is only one scum left, him dying would clear his target. But with me, that same criteria doesn't exist. If I investigate someone and I die, it's just WIFOM.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #812 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Kison »

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #821 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Kison »

Kara Thrace being insane seems to be more fitting than her being naive. Because she did seem legitimately whacked beyond repair for a bit. However, that sanity would mean that two scum are living(camn, grimmy). That would mean we'd either have one group of four or a second group which
also
has not yet killed, be it purposely or accidentally. I doubt both scenarios.

So I'm throwing out the insane prospective for now. Paranoid, for obvious reasons, is off the table. Naive is possible.
Camn wrote:Also.. what you say is true. I hadn't thought it through totally, but Both our lynches have fake-claimed.. so they obviously KNEW they were scum.....
Don't scum usually know they're scum? That's the point of being part of the informed minority.

Camn, I like you. You're nutso. Teach me?

In response to Flask of Pestilence's no-lynch proposal:

1) Kison
2) andersonw
3) Elmo
4) Camn
5) Grimmy
6) Farkshinsoup
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #822 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by Kison »

Sorry, I hit enter while writing up my post. :oops:

Anyways, I was trying to list possible outcomes should we either

- lynch andersonw
- no lynch and role block him tonight.

And I think I'm leaning towards liking the idea of keeping him alive and forcing a block. As things currently stand we should gain more information this way. Should andersonw be scum and we simply avoid ending the game now instead of later, we lose nothing by doing this. Should he not be scum, one of the following occurs:

1) An identical situation to andersonw being scum, except that we would not win by lynching him. This is the exact same scenario we're currently in, except that we'd profit an additional investigation from me. Should I actually wind up being naive, we'd still lose nothing.
2) Scum will kill, trading one dead player for one confirmed player(andersonw).
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #823 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Kison »

Let me clarify something because it seems unclear rereading it...

#1 is the scenario of scum purposely no-killing.
#2 is the scenario of scum killing.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #851 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Kison »

First, I didn't forget I was a gunsmith. My vote was poorly timed, though I have explained why this occurred. Please recall it was early day two and that I had skimmed the last few pages when I voted Rishi. I'd like to think that, as scum, I'd not be dumb enough to forget the role I claimed just a few days prior :roll:. Secondly, Night One spanned from November 14th to November 17th. A quick scan of Tarhalindur's posts on the site shows he posted on multiple occasions during that time frame.

In any event, it doesn't really matter at this point. I can't conceive of a way we can lose even if I wind up being ganked, just as long as it occurs after I have cycled my investigations. As I said earlier, I highly doubt more than one scum remains, as that would either place us with one group of four or two groups who have not yet produced a kill. Should anyone find either scenario likely I'd enjoy listening to that theory. Until then, I am taking the Mason claims as clearish worthy at this point. And unless I finish cycling without receiving a dangerous result, I will assume I am of normal sanity. This means we're dealing with the following from the perspective of an onlooker:

1) Grimmy
2) Andersonw
3) Camn

1) Flask of Pestilence
2) Knight of Cydonia
3) Kison
4) Elmo
5) Iamausername
6) ForbiddanLight
7) Farkshinsoup

We can lynch someone from this list. We'll have six suspects, one cleared from my investigation, and either two cleared by Farkshinsoup dying(because his death means he himself is also removed from the list), or no-one cleared but we open with no deaths from the night. Rinsing and repeating this should eventually have everyone from the list cleared except for me, at which point I'd understandably expect my own lynch be placed on the table to deconfirm everyone I've investigated, but I doubt at this point I'm naive so I don't expect that to occur.

Anyway, if we are going to lynch today, we need to decide before I perform my vote dance so I know who
not
to investigate. No-lynching may also work, but I'll have to think on it and run through some more scenarios. Comments welcome on both possible avenues.

Love,

- Kison
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #863 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Kison »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I can see a 1 scum mason, 1 town mason gig.
Well that's what I would suppose as well, except I have a non-dangerous on him. Secondly, looking back, the way Grimmy phrased his semi claim during day one sounded as if he was claiming to have 'mod confirmation' of his partner. AndersonW should chime in and let us know whether or not this is the case, because for Grimmy to be scum with that confirmation, we'd have me being naive, and one of:

- both of them being scum
- bastard modding because destructor would have lied to andersonw

Waiting for AndersonW to state whether or not mod confirmation exists as well as Grimmy to explain what the frak he is doing.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #868 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Kison »

Kison wrote:Waiting for AndersonW to state whether or not mod confirmation exists as well as Grimmy to explain what the frak he
is doing
did.
No investigation from me.

In case day ends prematurely again, I at least have a chance of sending in my investigation during twilight.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #878 (isolation #26) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Kison »

Grimmy wrote:
KILL: FARKINSOUP
+
andersonw wrote:Okay, we are
not
confirmed masons.
>
Kison wrote:I doubt at this point I'm naive
Would like to hear from Grimmy, but vote is likely ultimately heading his way.
Flask of Tripolarness wrote:
camn wrote:c) this is the real kicker.. I get the read that Incog is town, and Patrick is scum. Then my head explodes. Then it just occurred to me.. what if Patrick IS scum, and lied to Incog about their role? Then my head explodes.
<3 This made my day. I'm townier than Patrick! :D Patrick, of course, was not amused. lol.
Why was he not amused? Patrick would move up a few notches in my book for pulling off that stunt. :-)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #880 (isolation #27) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Kison »

All I know is what I see. What I saw was the guy who my ability determined was not dangerous proceed to murder Farkshinsoup in cold blood. What I see contradicts what I was told. There is an obvious discrepancy.

Being naive is the most practical explanation I can surmise.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #890 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by Kison »

Don't let him fool you. That was Patrick posting as Incognito. No. There is no Incognito. It's a ventriloquist act.

Jokes. I don't think there's that kind of deception occurring.

Anyway, Kison be sick. Probably some foul illness from the blasted white cat who calls himself 'Elmo'. If it gets worse I may be out of commission for a day or two. If I get replaced then it means I died. Since I do not plan on dying, I respectfully request that no one place a hammer before I can investigate.

Regarding AndersonW: Using him as a scapegoat for Grimmy's blasphemous deed is a no-no in my book. 'One of them has to be scum' implies that the assumption of only one scum remaining has been made to compliment that line of thinking. Therefore, as we undeniably saw that Grimmy slaughtered Farkshinsoup, and because that is the deed which has put him in a bad light to begin with, I disapprove of taking it out on AndersonW.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #914 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Kison »

b) it being a DAY choice.. it avoids my NIGHT block.
Hmm... That may well be the case. Once I saw that you had claimed to have blocked me all three nights I was certain you were scum, because I can categorically deny receiving any no results. My results have definitely been 'non-dangerous'. But I never considered that my ability being submitted during the day might negate a block. I'm not certain that's the case, though. Anyone have better experience with day roles & night blocking?

Camn, what is the flavor behind your role? Specifically, why is Anders a jail keeper?

I'd also like you to respond to what someone mentioned earlier(Flask of Observantness?) about your reaction to MacavityLock's fake claim. You're claiming you're a jail keeper yet that was MacavityLock's claim. Here is your first post following the fake claim:
camn wrote:Jesus. This game gets weirder and weirder.
Destructor better give us a full reveal in the end.

I'm OK with a Grimmy Lynch, if we have to lynch someone.

why?
I will unvote once the claim has been posted.
this is weak, generally.
Also.. at least he isn't claiming a power role.
ALSO.. he IS a hard read.

But, if he has any more claiming to do... now is the time.
I will keep my vote on no-lynch for now, just in case anyone wants to put things off a day :)
Not only do you not acknowledge the claim, but you're gunning for someone else entirely. Why did you do this when you should have known MacavityLock was lying?

Here's another...
camn wrote:It's true.. and I am inclined to Follow Tar's lead, as crazy as he has been, with this talk of abandoning us... BUT... If KoC is lying.. and Mac IS a jailkeeper... does he not die tonight at the Mafia's hands?
Here you acknowledge the possibility of Macavity's claim being true.

I still demand an explanation from Grimmy, as his horrid kill betrays no townie mindset I can fathom.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #918 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Post by Kison »

camn wrote:b) Even if it had been an OPEN setup.. what do I do, counter-claim Jailkeeper? Why not just kill myself? Counter claiming a protective role is what scum WANT you to do. they want to figure out who is who, so as to kill them.
Counter claiming isn't the only way to go about getting scum lynched. The obvious first step would be voting for him. I am not criticizing you for not counter claiming, but rather that you seemed to be unswayed by your own role being claimed by someone else. Regardless of the other game you cited where there was a double of every role, it is, in my experience, fairly infrequent for a role as powerful as a jail keeper to be doubled in a game, and especially a mini.

I understand the logic behind not wanting to full claim. Obviously so early in the game there is little logic behind that. However, that was never the issue. People were claiming Cylon/Not Cylon - how does claiming
cylon
make you any more of a target? You wouldn't have given any indication that you were a jail keeper, or even one of the final five. Why would people be more inclined to believe you to be less of a target simply because you claimed to be a human? That is the justification you are using to explain your motive for lying, but I am failing to see where the beneficial scenario actually presented itself.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #934 (isolation #31) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Kison »

I haven't ruled out the possibility of being naive. I'm not sure how my results would show up if I am sane and Grimmy is telling the truth. And while I find the scenario of a naive gunsmith less likely overall than one that is sane, I haven't ruled out the possibility. Gunsmiths are modified cops, and while I have never seen one with altered sanity, I've only seen a gunsmith in play one time in my time here.

Today's revelations have been interesting to say the least, though. While I find Grimmy's proposed explanation for why he killed Farkshinsoup to be oddly fitting for the role he has claimed(Sharon in the TV show was responsible for trying to kill Adama, against her will), Camn's reaction to MacavityLock's claim of the same role she has, and lie in general is far more bothering to me. Both, of course, people I have non-dangerous results on.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Weren't there some "evil" Leobens knocking around? I vaguely remember one of them screwing around with Kara Thrace and screwing her mind up even more... someone with more theme knowledge might be helpful here.
Yes, there were. What you're referring to is Leoben on New Caprica who made Kara believe she had a daughter. Freak, that one. But so far we've seen both Sharon Valeri and Simon as the dead scum. Leoben doesn't fit the trend. Could be a fake claim, but nothing indicates it is one more likely to come from scum.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #963 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Kison »

Sorry for disappearing for the past few days. Illness took a turn for the worse.
Camn wrote: Day-killing Fark.. and I know this sounds dumb, but it is too scummy to be scummy. No one would do it.

HOWEVER.. if that clears you and anderson... then we have a pretty tight pool to find scum.:
If Grimmy were to be considered cleared, then andersonw wouldn't necessarily be cleared as well, because they are not confirmed masons.
Camn wrote:look, to me, macs claim was either true, or a trap. Either way, reacting to it was not necessary.
One of my main moves in an OPEN setup is to fake-claim Doc when I am busted as scum (i know, that couod be now!)knowing that whoever reacts the most is the REAL Doc.
And trust me, I'm not falling for my own tricks!
He claimed
Jailkeeper
, which is an uncommon variant of both role blocker and doctor. Therefore anyone being a doctor or roleblocker probably wouldn't find the claim to be unbelievable in itself. For MacavityLock to have anticipated ahead of time the possibility of getting another Jailkeeper to counter claim or react is very farfetched considering the frequency the role appears in games.
camn wrote:I think the first one. I think Forbidden wasn't paying attention. She thought that, with Fark dead, Kison was fair game. Lucky us.
Why are you assuming ForbiddanLight is scum?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #967 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Kison »

I seem to recall you saying that you were going to look back through to see if scum gave any indication of knowledge about other cylons being in the game, Elmo. What did that turn up? ForbiddanLight's manner of claiming was one of the big points I had noted in her favor.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #983 (isolation #34) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Kison »

camn wrote:Anyway, Kison and anderson (when you get back), you guys still happy with your votes?
Not really. I'm only voting Iamausername in case something funky throws us into twilight.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1003 (isolation #35) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Kison »

1. forbiddanlight
2. Flask of Pestilence
3. Knight of Cydonia
4. iamausername
5. Elmo
6. andersonw

1. Grimmy
2. camn

If we lynch ForbiddanLight I'll have four more people to cycle through after tonight. Lynching non-investigations will hopefully turn up a guilty/end the game relatively soon. We'd wind up with 6 players by the time we cycled through, assuming I get no guilties. The problem is this is under the assumption that no night kills spring up.

ForbiddanLight: Why not just post a brief pbp? The distraction argument really doesn't hold much weight.

I'm wanting to do my vote dance soon.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1034 (isolation #36) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:37 am

Post by Kison »

A ForbiddanLight lynch works, I suppose, especially considering that lynching her will at least be one fewer people I must investigate, and she claimed vanilla. Since she's not willing to pbp, I'll probably be doing my vote hop shortly.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1054 (isolation #37) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Kison »

These are the people I have not yet investigated:
Kison wrote:1. forbiddanlight
2. Flask of Pestilence
3. Knight of Cydonia
4. iamausername
5. Elmo
6. andersonw
Grimmy wrote:My main curiosity, though, is who sent me for the kill, and why. Was it a townie who mistakenly killed another townie, or was it scum who have some hold over me.
If any town player is responsible for Farkshinsoup's death, they need to have their IQ tested.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1067 (isolation #38) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Kison »

Doesn't really matter. If he's scum then I'll _probably_ get a guilty on him eventually, assuming night kills remain to be ceased.

Are you still planning on posting analysis?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1072 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Kison »

ForbiddanLight wrote:Huh, didn't think about that. Well, there's no real need to hammer me. Lynches always happen at deadline. I'm sure I'll come up with something if we don't lynch you, camn. I kinna wanna support no lynch to see what will happen.
We're not lynching camn. Does this mean you will be coming up with something?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1089 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Kison »

Grimmy wrote:so, Kison, who would be your choice betwixt the two?
Camn, for everything I have stated before. However, there is an advantage to keeping Camn alive. If she is telling the truth, scum won't come for me until they kill her first. This is obviously advantageous given my ability to investigate. If she is scum, I will be invulnerable for the remainder of the game, because she will be unable to kill me without confirming herself as scum. This would give me the opportunity to finish cycling my investigations. If I get a negative on everyone, then that would be a pretty good indication that Camn is scum after all.

In summary, there's no reason to lynch Camn
now
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1092 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Kison »

camn wrote:Kison, if I protect/block you for 4 more nights, with no nightkills, and no guilties.... It means YOU are scum, not me!!
It would not guarantee either of us is scum from anyone's perspective, but from mine it would significantly raise the probability of you being scum, simply by process of elimination and the false claim.
ForbiddanLight wrote:So, why lynch me? Would it not make more sense to no lynch? But, I finally understand why you don't want camn dead.
I don't know. Maybe. If Camn is town and she does die, then that would limit the number of investigations I will get in. Lynching would at least narrow down the pool.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1095 (isolation #42) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Kison »

Well, if ForbiddanLight is not going to post any analysis, I don't really see any reason to postpone the lynching.

I'm not sure this is necessary, but just in case...

Unvote

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1096 (isolation #43) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1097 (isolation #44) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1098 (isolation #45) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: andersonw
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1099 (isolation #46) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Forbiddanlight
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1106 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Kison »

Why wouldn't there be?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1125 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Kison »

The point at which there is a kill, obviously no-lynching would become an obsolete strategy that would have to be altered. However, so long as there remains an absence of night kill, especially with Camn 'outed' and unscathed, I don't see why it would be disadvantageous... At least not until the investigations cycle or a guilty is found. We could probably win either by lynching the non-investigated or by doing this. I really don't think it matters at this point.

Non-dangerous on andersonw.

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1126 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1127 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1128 (isolation #51) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1129 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: No Lynch
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1139 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Kison »

He's The One
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1140 (isolation #54) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Kison »

camn wrote:I couldn't agree more.

Vote Kison
Please,
jail
keep me.

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1146 (isolation #55) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Kison »

Kill the mangy cat!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1149 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Kison »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:Kison, how do you get a dangerous result on someone who clearly hasn't been killing? Why would Elmo continuously submit 'No Kills'?
He can kill but has chosen not to. I'm guessing his scum buddy, Rishi, was truly blocked. I don't know why he wouldn't kill after that. Perhaps another role is working, here. It doesn't really matter, though. I know what my result is, and can ensure you that the game will end when both of us are lynched. The order does not concern me.

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1153 (isolation #57) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Kison »

Elmo is one manipulative bastard. He almost has
me
sold.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1160 (isolation #58) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Kison »

Ladies and gents, I'm sorry but this was too much fun. I've had a blast playing, but I am afraid I must now leave you.

I'm not the type who surrenders, but I am realistic enough to admit that there is nothing I can do to win. I can't kill, and am dead when I reach the end of 'the list.'

No way to win.

I've realized my level of fuckedness ever since Camn claimed. Hell, prior to that, I was only viewing victory as
conceivably
possible. I tried to make it fun and interesting, but I figured that claiming non dangerous would get stale after yesterday.

So I bid you all farewell. I only wanted peace and love, but the only way to achieve this was through vicious murder. Please try to understand my position.

Camn, I'll see you on the other side.

Unvote

Vote: Kison

*croaks*
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1163 (isolation #59) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Kison »

▥▬▬▬▬
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1167 (isolation #60) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Kison »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:ROFL! So you really did forget you were a gunsmith when you voted Rishi? Hahahahaha.
Not exactly.

I had read the game up and had spent a good thirty minutes writing my initial roleclaim when I came into the game. The knowledge of being a gunsmith was solidified in my brain. But when I went back to reread to provide analysis, I just did what I normally do and placed my vote, not realizing Rishi was so close to being lynched. I was telling the truth about skimming those last few pages.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1169 (isolation #61) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Kison »

Elmo wrote:Haha I was about to come back and unvote, saying I wanted the hammer. :D

Scum got absolutely schooled.

gg

<3
It's amazing that just about every role(that we know of) did something to damage the scum.

Knight of Cydonia was responsible for MacavityLock's demise.
Farkshinsoup blocked Rishi, who sent in our first kill.
Iamausername wound up outing Camn, which was beneficial because...
Camn was blocking me the entire game, and the knowledge of this nailed my coffin shut.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1171 (isolation #62) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Kison »

I was Father Cavil of the Cylon Mafia.

We had fakeclaims, which we used. The only special ability I had you are probably well aware of. That was the sleeper agent kill. I didn't know who the sleeper agent was, I only knew they were a cylon, and that if I sent the daykill in and they were the target, that nothing would happen.

I decided to use it on Farkshinsoup because his roleblocking was another means of investigation, which meant either I killed someone and cleared his target, or I chose not to kill but continued iterating through my list of investigations. Little did I know it would have been better used on Camn, though.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1176 (isolation #63) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Kison »

Incog, speaking of the whole thing regarding me forgetting my role, I should mention that you were right to scrutinize me for voting Rishi. As town I probably would have been more cautious, so props for spotting it. :)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1179 (isolation #64) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Kison »

The only other time I can recall being given a fakeclaim was back in this game called iPick.

By fake claim, I meant that we were told that Kara Thrace and a few others were not present in the game. We weren't told, 'Oh, btw, claiming gunsmith would be a good idea.'
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1189 (isolation #65) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Kison »

Woot. Cookie.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1200 (isolation #66) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Kison »

(3) Scum + Fakeclaims + Daykill with added bonuses of making someone look bad...

VS

(2) Unconfirmeed Masons
(1) 1-shot Cylon Model Investigator
(1) Jailkeeper
(1) Roleblocker
(1) 2-per-day Cylon/Human Investigator
(3) Vanilla Townies

I dunno, I mean, I can't say this is overwhelmingly unbalanced. It's just, as I said, that
everything
wound up pulverizing scum in some way. The same could happen in just about any balanced game. If a game with a tracker, roleblocker, and doc wound up making the right moves each time, scum would be annihilated. I mean, let's imagine if Knight of Cydonia didn't use his investigation on MacavityLock... We'd likely have two scum after Rishi died, and the ability to use our kills despite Camn having me blocked.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1207 (isolation #67) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Kison »

FTR I only posted in the quicktopic one time, and that was demanding a cookie if I won. Therefore I don't think it's really my call whether or not it gets posted. That is, if anyone cares.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1208 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Kison »

Also, thanks for the game, Destructor. I had fun even though I was pulverized. I should also mention that the town
did
play very well. Collectively you all had your heads screwed on tightly.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1213 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:38 pm

Post by Kison »

What if you're scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”