jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:22 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Jordan, I'm not so sure I would even make a deal about lynch-3. It actually looks a bit more suspicious that Wall-E tried to jumpstart an Atlas bandwagon so quickly.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:40 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Tolmides wrote: I'm keeping my vote on jersey for now, his comment about Wall-E bandwagonning read like wilful misrepresentation.
Fixed the tags

Definitely not willful misrepresentation. I'm just pointing out that even though Atlas had multiple votes rather quickly, it was Wall-E that cast the second vote. I found it interesting that his random vote landed at Atlas' feet so quickly. And I resent the fact that you accuse folks from NJ of not having an ear for music. You forget that some great musicians have been from NJ, including Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli, Bruce Springsteen (not my fave as I think he mumbles), and many more. So lay off the Garden State my friend.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:59 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E wrote:
jerseygoomba wrote:Jordan, I'm not so sure I would even make a deal about lynch-3. It actually looks a bit more suspicious that Wall-E tried to jumpstart an Atlas bandwagon so quickly.
Why did you ignore my last question, jerseygoomba?
I didn't ignore it Wall-E, I just thought it was rather a dumb question. Don't you think my pinstriped suit and cigar is a bit cliche to be mafia? One would think I would at least *ATTEMPT* not to stand out in rehearsal. I think you are just jealous of my superior musical talent and want me to stop making you sound bad. (Not like you need much help in that department, oh king of missed notes).
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E, the reason I think your Atlas vote was not random was because of the reason you gave:
Wall-E wrote:Vote: Atlas

Same reason as post 6.
POST 6:
Whereistony wrote:vote corporate for beating me to the first post
That would make sense if you voted for Corporate (who actually posted first), but you voted for Atlas, who didn't. Your rationale behind voting Atlas thus makes no sense. Did you misvote?

As for corporate backing off, I would be more suspicious if we heard from the rest of the crew already, but seeing as we didn't, I'm going to take it at face value as I TOO am interested in hearing from the rest of the band.

unvote

Your last question is interesting. I'm not quite sure on that. One possibility out there could be that Atlas *IS* scum, but is taking one for the team. (Now THAT is a reach, but just posting ideas as they come to my head).[/b]
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Sorry all, been a busy day or two. I have to say I was surprised by the vig claim, and to be honest pretty perplexed why gamma would choose to threaten townies even in jest. Do we really want him making life-or-death decisions if he goes on another bender????

A few beers and one of us could find ourself watch the performance from the wrong side of the pit. Not something I am comfortable with in the least. And self-voting? Is there anything scarier than a drunken vig with suicidal tendencies???
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

I'm thinking out loud. I wanted to see if anyone else shares my concerns or thinks I'm overreacting (again). Not to mention, I want to give Gamma a chance to respond before I decide to vote for him. After all, isn't more discussion better than less, especially on Day 1? I want to make sure I am making a theoretically educated vote at this point.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E wrote: ...You know what? You're right, let's kill the provable and controllable killer because there's probably a doc.
Wall-E...once again I think you are making a leap that he is controllable. That being said, I'm not convinced Gamma is scum yet.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

OK zach, what was so wishy washy about it? I pointed out that I don't think we can trust Gamma to do the right thing by the town. (I agree with Budja that SK actually makes sense with his stance). I'm not convinced that he is mafia but he poses just as much of a threat as the mafia does. So for now, I'm gonna join Budja and

vote Gamma
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Tolmides wrote:Well zach, I'm focusing on the ones who are voting for Gamma for now, and you three are the ones who've voted for him.
Umm...Tolmides, don't you even READ the thread? zach voted for Nekka on the SAME PAGE you were posting on...Cmon now, get with the program...
Tolmides wrote: Okay then, let's test this number 2 theory:

Gamma: Will you or will you not kill the town's number two target every night? If you won't, then I will support your lynching.

Hrm...lets see, if I'm Gamma do I:

A. Say, "Oh Hell No Tolmides, stick it" and have you "support my lynching".

or

B. Say, "SURE Tolmides, Ill kill whoever the town wants", and have you NOT vote for me and probably defend me.

That is the dumbest proposition I can think of. Do we really want to take a chance on NOT voting Gamma off to test your "theories"????? I'm really beginning to think YOU may be scum yourself Tolmides, seeing as you would rather protect someone who out and out threatened to randomly kill folks, INCLUDING TOWNIES. I am not up for being down 2 after night 1 just to test your theories.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

FOS: Tolmides
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:26 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Since the town seems so dead set on keeping Gamma around tonight, I will

unvote Gamma

But I still do not see how his kill can be "proven".
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:59 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Guys,

I am still trying to parse the thread explosion over the last day and a half. Once I wade through it all, I will post my thoughts. In the meantime, please note the fact that I unvoted awhile ago. It was reflected in Wall-E's post of vote count.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E wrote:
zachattack wrote:Wall-E, what makes you think Nekka is scummier than corporate?
Guts.
Umm...I don't exactly feel comfortable with making life or death decisions based solely on guts. I actually prefer some logic go behind things. If that is truly your answer Wall-E, I have to say the band might be better without you. I don't want to bring you to L-1 until we hear from Nekka, so I will refrain for now.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Speaking of, are we going to relax the 72 hour rule for the holiday weekend? A lot of folks are traveling.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

OK Wall-E, after rereading your posts on there own, I have decided to take you up on a challenge you posted earlier (Post 130):
Wall-E wrote:So, we are not killing Gamma. Everyone get your votes onto ANYONE else. Yes, even me. Unlike Gamma I won't claim until L-1, so be fearless and attack!
I had unvoted Gamma way back there. I'm going to give you a chance to make your claim.

VOTE: WALL-E
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:47 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Guys, do you SERIOUSLY think you have any "control" over Gamma? Especially when there is no concrete ways of validating who killed who? We don't even know if Gamma's claim is true. I think we are deluding ourselves if we think we can point Gamma like a gun and "shoot" people. That being said, I'm not convinced Gamma is scum, which is why I unvoted him.

As for my vote on Wall-E, I have thought he was scum for awhile, and he put out the challenge in post 130. I wanted to see if he would actually claim like he said in his post and I found it interesting that he didn't. (Not suspicious, just interesting).

Jordan and Tolmides, I'm not sure what I have done to earn your NK votes, so please come up with some logical rationale.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

@Wall-E - To answer your question about where you made your claim, here is your post #130. I will bold your challenge.
Wall-E wrote:It's funny how it took the town majority this long to get to the same place I've been pointing at since page 2.

So, we are not killing Gamma. Everyone get your votes onto ANYONE else. Yes, even me. Unlike Gamma I won't claim until L-1, so be fearless and attack!

Gamma, if you step out of line in my esteem I will drive for your lynch SO FAST your HEAD will FALL OFF and spontaneously IGNITE.

That's all settled, I'd like to call something to the town's attention. I am voting for corporate. If you check my previous post you can see why. I'd like to hear more opinions on corporate. Vote him or tell me why I'm being dumb, please!
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E wrote:Nekka couldn't be bothered to claim first. Nekka's scum screwing the town out of a scumlynch. I say string him/her up before replacement.
Holy scumminess! Could you be any quicker to dump a potential townie without a rationale post from the replacement? Cmon Wall-E, I wanna believe, but you just make it so damn hard when you come out with stuff like that. :shock:
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Guys, I have been sick and need to catch up. Will check in tomorrow and post thoughts. Sorry for going MIA on you all.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

All, that is great analysis, but unfortunately, all I am guilty of is quite possibly some crappy play. I can go through each of your reasons and explain myself fully why they are at fault:

1. Gamma - The reason I did not vote Gamma right away was I wanted to hear more information from the town. I figured if I jumped the gun on a vote, I would be called scummy for voting without much info. So, instead I get called wishy-washy. So, I'm thinking, crap, I better just vote because folks are going to think it is scummy if I just point fingers and DON'T VOTE. After hearing further information from the rest of town about Gamma, I felt that I DID incorrectly jump the gun, although I admit to feeling pressured into it by being called wishy-washy. So basically Gamma became a damned if I do damned if I don't situation. If he is the vig, we won't know until after Night 1 anyway.

2. Wall-E - I brought Wall-E to L-1 not because I was looking for a quicklynch, but more because I genuinely wanted to see if he would indeed make a claim as he had stated in an earlier thread. He didn't (which in my view was just added mayo on the scum sandwich), yet I get called to the carpet for going L-1 on him. I did not feel I needed to hear anything from Nekka to see how Wall-E would react to L-1. He obviously played it cool as a cucumber.

3. Budja - I really don't see how my play has so complimented Budja that you would go so far as to call the two of us scumbuddies.

What I would like to hear, in the context of my explanations, why I am soooo scummy. Yeah, I'll say it (and I'm sure get called scummy for it). I AM TOWN. It's ridiculous I would have to do that (and of course every scum would make the same claim), but I just don't want the first time you hear that I am town is when you mistakenly lynch me night 1.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Oh, and all, just so you know, I leave on a hunting trip tomorrow until Wednesday night, so when I do not respond it isn't because I am doing scummy lurking, it is because I am out in the woods without Internet access. Hopefully I will still be in the game upon my return.
Noted as being V/LA through Wednesday.

Vote Count:
Atlas - (0)
Budja - (2) Wall-E, JordanA24
corporate - (0)
Gamma - (0)
jerseygoomba - (4) Atlas, Gamma, RestFermata, zachattack
JordanA24 - (0)
My Milked Eek - (0)
RestFermata - (1) Tolmides
Tolmides - (0)
Wall-E - (4) My Milked Eek, corporate, jerseygoomba, Budja
WhereIsTony - (0)
zachattack - (0)

With 12 alive, 7 votes will end the day.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:11 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Tony, out of curiosity, what makes me more scummy in your eyes than Tolmides, Budja, or Atlas even?
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

WhereIsTony wrote:
jerseygoomba wrote:Tony, out of curiosity, what makes me more scummy in your eyes than Tolmides, Budja, or Atlas even?
brief post with a lot of silence in between, like you are doing as little as possible to be noticed
That's pretty weak rationale all things considered, but then again, this IS only day 1, so until we see some movement, its almost slightly better than random voting I guess.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:30 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

RF,

You say I am "winning the race by far". Where have I attempted to do scummy things like stifle debate or not help this town try to track down scum? Is changing my mind about Gamma based on additional information scummy or smart seeing as I would not want to lynch a potential townie? Is putting my vote on Wall-E when he has been doing things that are uncooperative at best scummy at worst so awful? I would think that Wall-E's evasiveness when answering questions and not even putting forth a claim despite going to L-1 would be far more suspicious then my actual actions. Really you should examine my actions more closely especially in comparison to the other members of the band.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

@zachattack - So zach, you are implying that by acting scummy in a manner that Wall-E has been acting, it actually makes him LESS scummy than someone who has acted like me? That totally makes no sense. And furthermore, Gamma's claim is unproven so even if you wanted to eliminate Wall-E you would have no guarantees Gamma has the ability or even desire to knock him off. Hell, if I were Gamma, I would keep Wall-E around. That being said, I am in no way advocating a quicklynch of Wall-E and agree with you that we should wait for replacements.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:14 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

zachattack wrote:EBWOP

Wall-E is at L-1. Your vote is on him. If you were in no way advocating a quick lynch you wouldn't have your vote on him.
Zach, you may want to take a look at the voting history. I put my vote on Wall-E LONG before he went to L-1. You stick up for Wall-E, but put no scum-value on his attempt to Quicklynch Nekka way back? I'm beginning to wonder what YOUR motivations are.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:01 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

I originally put him at L-1 to force a claim. I didnt change the vote since then. Folks long after me decided he was worthy of L-1.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:17 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

I didn't originally put him at L-1 to force a quicklynch, merely a claim. I even said it during my vote. Since he never claimed (Wall-E never seems to do ANYTHING remotely valuable to the town), I have left my vote on there. I never waffled on his vote and and I have not attempted to mislead anyone about why I did it.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:14 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Holy smokes...Finals??? I feel like a dinosaur. I haven't taken finals in 13 years.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:02 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

I prefer Olde Towne. :P
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #529 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Ill be around, but I can see where the timing of this deadline would cause issues. I think it is also folly to have a deadline when we are still awaiting replacements.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (isolation #32) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:03 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

zachattack wrote:I'd rather not be prodded, so here you go, I don't have anything new to add, although I want to do a reread before the deadline to hopefully sway some people away from Wall-E and onto Jersey.
LOL...man, you really have it out for me huh grinchy? If you want, I'll act more scummy (ala Wall-E) so you can be convinced I am town. :roll:
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:31 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E wrote:I am strongly against lynching people for enjoying their holiday vacations, Gamma, for the record.
I totally agree.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

zach,

Let me give you some more ammo for your case:

I AM TOWN (Very scummy claim here). YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME BUILDING A CASE AGAINST A TOWNIE. (More scumminess).

Ugh...the ignorant folks I have to deal with in this band...
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Man...Wall-E has to be laughing his ass off at this point.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Sigh...Im still trying to decide whether to remount a defense on this or just ask you all to hammer me. Its been so long since this game has seen action and zero continuity with players makes me want to pack it in. Be warned though, I WILL flip town, so you folks should really come up with a plan B for after I get hammered.

Vote Count:
Atlas - (0)
Budja - (1) Wall-E
corporate - (0)
Gamma - (0)
jerseygoomba - (5) Atlas, Gamma, RestFermata, zachattack, My Milked Eek
JordanA24 - (0)
My Milked Eek - (0)
RestFermata - (1) Tolmides
Tolmides - (0)
Wall-E - (4) corporate, jerseygoomba, Budja, JordanA24
WhereIsTony - (0)
zachattack - (0)

With 12 alive, 7 votes will end the day.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:30 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

unvote
vote jerseygoomba

I want to see how you jokers handle Plan B. (Day 2). Gotta admit, I checked out of this game once half the band left. I still don't think Gamma is the vig, but this is the only real way to find out. Goodbye cruel world....
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Sorry you guys feel that way. I just don't see how this game is going to move forward to be honest. Haven't seen replacements, the board has been down, and I just figured me hammering myself would possibly jumpstart it. If I didn't, and we DID get replacements we are talking about a week or two (or more) before we got through this impasse anyway. I'd rather do this then just bail and have you guys scramble to replace yet ANOTHER person.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”