Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Timeater »

Lets get retarded

/confirm
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Timeater »

Manomanoman.

I onced created a game where the players had to choose a "leader" the first day (the leader had a form of vote immunity, but was not infallible) - the day took 45 pages. Good times. I am curious to see what happens with the serum-assigning process. In the above instance, claiming is what it came down to. (I'm not suggesting that at all, I'm just saying its what happened in a game with a similar structure.=P)

I have a question to the mod, or anyone who noticed it and I might have missed it, but will a day still end if there is no clear majority for the Serum/Mycosynth vote? IF that is the case, it is best that we vote for serum/microsynth before voting to see what happens. (If the case is we get to see the effects of either before a vote?)

I am somewhat familiar with Planeswalker but not overly so. Is this "lore" apart of a planeswalker world? If anyone knows.

Also @ all you people voting Natirasha said he will only count votes if you bold AND
color
them.

Serum: Timeater

Mycosynth: ortolan

(dubious of anyone not trying to serum themself)
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol, sillyman.

*pokes SpyreX with a large stick*
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Timeater »

Is SpyreX always this goofy?
The day ends once a lynch is reached. If there is a majority on the Serum/Mycosynth, then that also happens.
Aha! So its in the town's best interest to reach both Serum/Mycosynth votes
before
a lynch vote.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

I am Triskelion.

I am a "steel fleet" a town aligned steel being. According to my flavor, I noticed a hole in the razor fields, saw a war waging, and decided to help the fleshies. I win when my faction is the last standing.

If received, I will give full disclosure, and cooperate in any way I can to help verify my claim.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

Bleh, ninja'd @38

Oh well, it probably would have come down to a claim anyway. Everyone is vanilla so claims dont mean a whole lot. Like I said, later down the line you can throw me in the Mycosynth pit to verify.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Timeater »

Nope, all I know is that I'm metal and I cannot be killed in anyway.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Timeater »

Reread page 1 this, made me O_o
PM Quoting: You may quote PMs, I don't care. However, all PMs are in this format.
Cant hurt?
Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.

Confirm in thread.
So yeah. Gimme serumz. :O

Also,

Unvote Mycosynth
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Timeater »

@ #43

Dude stop ninja'ing me.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Timeater »

I really dont see the harm in claiming when I did. Coming from my perspective, I had to claim - the only downside of me claiming is that it gives ammunition and a topic to some possible scummers that haven't posted yet. I cant persuade people to give me the serum on my gaming merits alone; I'm a relative newbie here - the best thing I could do was claim.

Like I said, if you dont like how I'm playing, or believe I am not to be trusted, you can always toss me in the Mycosynth pit a few days from now.

As I player, I dont really have any gimmicks are obvious "tells" - I'm just sort of a rough and tumble player who bulldozes through things and comes off strong. When I sniff scum, I can get extremely aggressive to the point of shocking other players. My townie philosophy is one of open books, I will never lie, and if I do, shoot me dead - I'm a stern believe in lynch all liars. I am the best candidate to get a power because I will become immune to the whole night-kill process, leaving better targets for the scum to NK = the vanilla townies who aren't metal. The 'fleshies'.

^ The above was basically a "vote for me" plea. (Speaking of voting, I'm doing it tomorrow for the first time! Obama 08' @_@)

If someone else claims metal today, I'm guessing they are scum. I know thats a huge case of WIFOM, but eh. If you are a fellow townie metal player, hold off as long as possible. We dont need egos clashing d1 to grab the first serum power, and we dont need the scum knowing who you are to make a mycosynth case on you.

Although it might just be me.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Timeater »

Er, thats a typo. Just like how I said "As I player, I dont really have any gimmicks are obvious "tells" - typing 'are' when I meant "or" - I meant to type "I am" in that instance.

I haven't really been 100% lately, sorry. :/
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

I am really hating myself right now for that. Stupid typo.

You know what we could do, if people dont believe my claim - we could elect another person for serum usage and vote for me today (if that would make people comfortable). You will see me survive the day because I cannot be killed, and we can save any innocent townie from being killed. And then you could give me the serum d2. But then there is the issue of serum reciever dying that night...>_<

You could both give me the serum AND vote for me. I like that idea.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Timeater »

Maybe alignment is revealed for a metalloid being lynched but survived? Worth a shot.

Or I could just ask

@Nati - Will the alignment of a lynchee be revealed even if a death does not occur?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

sigh@SpyreX

Such a fool. A fool of a Took. Or scum.

LOOK. ASSUME I AM TELLING THE TRUTH.

CAN YOU AFFORD TO LOSE SUCH A VALUABLE ASSET D1 BY MYCOing ME
NOW
?

Thats just foolish. Its like lynching a claimed cop or doctor d1.

OMGUS

Mycosynth: SpyreX

SpyreX wrote:Waste the Serum AND potentially waste the lynch?
90% of all d1 lynches hit townies. I'm sorry, how is that a waste? Pontificate more plz.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by Timeater »

In my role PM I have an indication that the serum will grant me powers. I see no such indication in Timeater's PM. For that reason alone, I will not vote to serum Timeater.
Do you think I just made the role up? Do you think I'm lying about the role? Or do you think that just because there isn't indication about serum there will be no effect when I get power? According to Nati's original post in the queue, anyone could get powers. And I dont see any rules about metal players not being able to recieve powers the benefits of serum.
Concerning the Blinkmoth Serum: The Blinkmoth Serum is a substance that activates the inate abilities of a person. All players at the start of the game are vanilla. To gain abilities, they must be imbued with the Blinkmoth Serum. You may only vote for one person to get Serum, though. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be imbibed with serum.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by Timeater »

Ok SpyreX, at least I know what kind of player you are now. Extremely, extremely cautious - to the point of getting in the way of good play. ^_^;
1.) Talking about a plan in the future isn't a good idea. The plan you setout isn't good for a few obvious reasons.
a.) Considering how important the Myco is, we have to assume that Metal status is independent of alignment.
b.) Considering our mod is going to let us give our PMs, we have to assume that scum have safeclaims or we could just win right now.
--- thus, this plan was a bad one.
I dont disagree with point 1, but you're shooting down ideas before they even have a chance to come to fruition. I dont like this. You're not giving Ort (or myself) a chance to even talk about things without casting us in a negative light. I'm a firm believer in
bonding until those bonds are broken
or the "best buds" philosophy as I call it :P Anyone can be the cold analytical sniperkid, not granting any case of WIFOM in any situation, only relying on hard lynch evidence, never trusting anything anyone says no matter the situation. Thats simply not my style and not the way I wish to go about playing most games. Especially this one.

Can you, in your own words, define what a safeclaim is, and how it would apply to this game?
The potential of you being scum outweighs any chance of me being pro giving it to you today.
Do you really think I'd be so bold to claim as early as I did if I was scum? If not me, then who? Everyone else is vanilla. Its a bad idea for more metalliods (if they exist) to step forward in hopes of getting the serum. I dont understand your confusion.
Metals are a damn nice benefit to the town but they are such a detriment in scums hands that yes, I will vote to Myco ANY metal that comes out that is not confirmed.
With that logic, a Metalloid will never get the serum because you will have Myco'd them to confirm them. That makes
ZERO
sense.
Instead, we should have done what is obvious - play it out like a normal game and, before lynch, decide who to give the serum to based on their play.
We can get a better scumhunting process going in the Serum/Myco stage before the lynch stage. Thats what should obvious.
I'm not sure what you're aiming for with this. Of course more than an average number hit town because there are more town then scum. Would you suggest no lynching in its place?
I would suggest voting for me in hopes that an alignment reveal would be possible through the process.
Giving the serum to a metal is a bonus. Not a right.
I am really starting to take your hostility towards the idea of a town-aligned metalloid getting a power as just pure fear. Extreme, un-adulterated scummy fear. Your first response to my claim was to myco vote me. What does that say about you? Rationalize it however you want, I think that was a big error on your part. I'm watching you.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

I believed I asked that question of Nati 11 posts ago? Anyway, I'm sorry I'm -so- carefree(zomgscum) - being metal and all I dont have alot to worry about! :>
I am against ANYONE claiming unprovoked. This is just something I've learned by playing this game. I've played with groups who spontaneously claim like you do, but in the environment of mafiascum such is anathema to most of these players' style, and they'll attack you for it (evidence: Spyrex)
QFT :sniffle:
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by Timeater »

Also:

MOD: How do you assign Blinkmoth powers? Are powers selected from a random pool of pre-determined powers? Can all players graduate with serum to an "evolved" version of themselves? Or is it just upto your whims what the power will be?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by Timeater »

lols
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 am

Post by Timeater »

^ The amount of fail in the above post is just beyond comprehension
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

YEAH LETS JUST GUESS THE MOD SOME MORE.

-spasm-

Anyway just to reiterate. I'm a metal townie. I claimed.

1. If you do not believe my claim at all and believe I am fabricating it or lying about some part of it, you should be lynch voting for me.

- Why? Because it is a townperson's duty. If you think I am lying, I should be scum in your eyes. And if I'm scum you should be voting for me.

2. If you believe I am telling the truth about one part of my claim, but lying about my alignment, you should be voting to mycosynth me.

- Why? There is really no other reason to be voting randomly at this stage (e.g Geraintm).

3. If you do believe I am town, as some of you have said, you should be voting to give me the serum.

- Why? There simply is no better candidate at the moment. The facts presented at the game's outset are that a metalloid cannot be killed in anyway; the problem with giving someone else the serum is that they will be killed night 1. It is simply illogical for a scummer to try to get the serum today because later tonight they will need to make a nightkill. There would be no way they could save themselves from a lynch the next day when they turn up alive (because the scum would logically kill the person with the power, the biggest threat, nothing can stop them). It just makes no sense for a scummer to go after the serum at this point in the game. They would have too much explaining without alot of excuses tomorrow (everyone except the metalloids are vanilla!).
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by Timeater »

Of course.

Hoohoo Obama 08 :D
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

Woohoo* >_>
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by Timeater »

I keep thinking to myself what a good distraction tool humor has the potential to be when reading WallE's posts. I continually have to monitor myself as I do not automatically grant him townie status just because he's funny.

Because Nati said this game was based off mtg, I did some research into some of the different flavor concepts of the game, including my role. I'm not a big mtg head but I used to play a little bit when I was younger. Not really that important but some might find this stuff interesting. Also, more information the better.

ImageImage

Quoted from the mtg wiki:Mycosynth was a strange metallic, fungal organism created due to corruption of Mirrodin with Phyrexian oil. Mycosynth was released in spores throughout the plane, changing metal to flesh, and consequently caused metallic growths in the skin of organic beings while simultaneously converting artifact creatures into living organisms. Large towers of the substance built up in Mirrodin's Core in elaborate lattices, while golems composed of the substance also came into being (whether spontaneously or by Memnarch's will is unknown).

ImageImage

Quoted from mtg wiki:Blinkmoth serum is created by killing and harvesting blinkmoths. It grants the user extreme intelligence, self-awareness, and understanding. It is extremely addictive, and long-term use leads to physiological changes.

ImageImage

Another wiki quote - A triskelion or triskele (both from the Greek τρισκέλιον or τρισκελής, for "three-legged") is a symbol consisting of three interlocked spirals, or three bent human legs, or any similar symbol with three protrusions and a threefold rotational symmetry. MTG info: "Triskelion — was last seen in 4th Edition. A classic, powerful artifact creature and a great fit with the +1/+1 counter theme of the block." "Triskellion is also a card found in the game of "Magic: the Gathering." It depicts a creature that has three arms (later legs) that can be fired off for a single damage each, accurately capturing the meaning of the word."I cant help but feel the "older" Triskelion looks alot nicer :/
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Timeater »

1. I'm a good player, I'm metal + I get all the ladies. :D
2. I didnt want to say this, but if the scum did get the serum and did not die during the night, all they will have to do is claim they are metal.
3. Yes. Thats why I'm going for it. I cannot let that happen.
4. If they do not claim metal they have no reason to be alive. Sure scum know this, but do you think they would rather play a little game of what-if n1 or kill a cop?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

I say we give no one the Serum, ever. Problem solved.
That'd be boring.

But I have to admit, thats a really good idea lol.

@About the images - Blah. Please forgive me? :( I thought posting images would be OK - I mean he lets us quote PMs. I missed the rule!
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

Olawd.

Eh not really. I mean now they basically have their out. Thats why? Its kinda helpful to the scum?

I cant tell if you're joking or being serious. Not only are you contradicting what Porkens said, you're trying to kill him while off-setting his idea. Thats kinda scummy.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Timeater »

Its not that I think that they are retarded, its that I would rather have them come up with the answer the question on their own without spoonfeeding it to them d1.

I think we should seriously consider not using the serum at all though. And by going "hurfdurf he was noble enough to say we dont need it so he should get it" is just completely ignoring what he was going for. Sure, statistically, we have a higher chance at giving the serum to a townie (even though someone has claimed and gone through great lengths to see that the serum be given to the right person COUGH COUGH) but, stating the obvious here, there is always the chance a scummer could recieve the serum. And in a game where there is at least one metal scum (maybe?) and one NK scumside, its too risky to give them more powers. By avoiding the whole serum issue the game basically becomes a basic setup holding a few unkillables with conditions. Another downside to avoiding the serum all together is potentially losing out on scum-sniffing abilities.

What path is the best thing for the town? I'm willing to give that serious thought and discussion.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by Timeater »

edwop:answer to the question*

1. Assuming we choose someone to give the serum to every day until the game ends.

The Upsides

- Statistically speaking, the chances are good a townie will get the serum multiple times.
- Supplements the town with abilities where they have none. Not counting the metalloids.
- Makes the game more interesting.
- The game is played how the mod intended.

The Downsides

- There is a chance that we might give the scum an ability, strengthening them when we dont need to. Also the game potentially gets alot more complicated, allowing for some room for trickery about roles, powers, abilities, and whatever.
- Having to worry about the whole serum process, and who gets it.

2. Assuming we avoid the entire process of selecting someone to benefit from the serum.

The Upsides

- We dont have to worry about the scum ever getting a supplementary power.
- The game becomes much more simple, allowing for more by-the-book play. The only powers that will be known are the scum NK and the existence of metalloids.

The Downsides

- The town loses out on the chance to gain supplementary powers, and is only left with their wits, lynch vote, and mycosynth vote to combat the scum.
- The game becomes a little boring.
- The game is not being played as the mod intended.

(If I left anything out, feel free to edit me and post your own version.)
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

I propose we actually go ahead and vote on one of these initiatives.

1, 2, or 3.

How would the die-roll be done Wall-E?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Timeater »

Well, initiatives really isnt the word. More like 'how to handle the serum' -_-
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Timeater »

Adding a downside to 1 and 3:

- If a metalloid does not receive the serum, it is very possible the scum can/will just kill the serum beneficiary the night a townie recieves it.

I really wish I knew how many metalloids there were in the game. (Not fishing. Really.)
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Timeater »

Hey, that dice thing is petty nifty.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

Wall-E what do you think about post #117?

Doesn't that just break the whole random thing?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

@Wall-E

Answer my question please?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Timeater »

:mrgreen: sorry its 2am, I've yet to sleep, and I dont have anything better to do.
Can't be helped. No matter what we do with the serum, the scum are going to know who got it. I'm willing to bet the mod compensated for this fact somehow. Probably a high number of metal townies? I have faith in Natirasha.
Kind of wanted a better answer other than

Sorry dats life
Oh well lol
Guess the mod #1
maybe bigfoot IS real
Guess the mod #3

We could do a random vote today, see how it goes, and then proceed through tomorrow with caution. I think thats a solid plan.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Timeater »

The serum has been nerfed substantially, which I think is good, I wouldnt mind giving it to someone today since it only lasts a night, it'd be better to try it now and see what happens rather than later in the game when it could potentially cause much more damage
Oh. Oopsiedaisies. "Serum only lasts one day/night cycle."

Missed that. I think Nati might have changed the serum idea a little considering he might not have forseen the mafia would just kill whoever got it.

That considered, I'm fine with
plan 3
, a random serum assignment.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Timeater »

You dont think we should do serum/mycosynth before a lynch?

Because you realize when the lynch majority is hit the day is overzorz.

People I wish would post more:

Iron Man (Replacement Plz)
Illumina (yet to post)
Tuberkulos
TonyMontana
Seraphim
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Timeater »

:oops:

Thank you for your noble mercy, O' great Planeswalker dragon :bows and kisses feet: Wont happen again!
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Timeater »

testing

A fatal flaw in the random die plan:

A person can just refresh the die-results until they get the desired effect by previewing the page over and over again. So we cant trust anyone to give us proper die results. For instance, I wanted a die roll here of say, 7:

d12 = 303491088
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Timeater »

Ooook, well thats good. Results will refresh anew after submission :D
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

I thought it was possible, but just proved myself wrong ortolan. I mean unless someone has the ability to edit posts I dont think its possible to mess with the process. Once enough people have decided that a random assignment is OK, I dont have an issue with who does the actual die role. I'll do it, idc.
Does that mean it only lasts for the night straight after it was assigned, or the next day also?
I was wondering that also. I was also wondering what he meant by "the three-tries cause".

Also its really time for the people who haven't posted much to start posting.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Timeater »

Night + Next day
Oook.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Timeater »

I think you're just being overly paranoid, as I was, but we can do this: three people roll a d12 dice, we get three results, and then another person does a d3 roll (lol three sided dice. I tried it, works) and thats how we decide.

I'll start:

d12 = 56547832
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Timeater »

Code: Select all

[dice]d12[/dice]

Just put the number of sides you want after the 'd'.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Timeater »

Roll, Wall-E. Next person after you will do a d3 roll.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Timeater »

1. TonyMontana
2. Illumina
3. Tuberkulos

Can the next person who is not any of the people listed above do this please?

[dice]d3[/dice]

And we will have our serum benefactor.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #48) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Timeater »

I rolled TonyMontana first (10), you rolled Illumina second (3), and Wall-E rolled Tuberkulos third (6).

Just so there is no confusion. I dont know why you would be counting down up. I am simply starting at the top of the main player list on page 1 and counting down. So again:

1. TonyMontana
2. Illumina
3. Tuberkulos
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #49) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Timeater »

Okay then that settles it. For the record I still think I should be getting the serum because of my metally-ness, but in this situation, it being d1 and all, and understanding people's fears and hesitations, I think a compromise is best for everyone.

Serum: Tuberkulos
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by Timeater »

Think I'll back you up on myco'ing Seraphim, Ort. I agree that he should be proded and am willing to turn a cheek atm concerning SpyreX.

Mycosynth: Seraphim

I wont be voting until we hit Serum/Myco majorities.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by Timeater »

:P Yes.

Now care to post anything of substance?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Timeater »

I really dont like being accused of being metal scum. I know its all WIFOM (AND I'm beating a dead horse) but do you really think I would have gone to the lengths I have
d1
to claim metal, in hopes of the serum going to the right person - if I was scum? Would I really take that big of a risk? SpyreX keeps saying over and over again he thinks I'm scum metal, but I'm starting to think he's scum metal. I'm currently the biggest scum threat (I post alot, I cant be killed) so his continual attacks against me make sense for him being scum. Or the scum could just be all lurking. :sadface:

I'm gonna take a day or two off, give other people a chance to post. We're only halfway through to the deadline, right? Ciao @_@
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Timeater »

How is that an OMGUS? My reasons are totally legitimate for feeling the way I do about SpyreX. Just dismissing what I have to say and calling me a newbscum isn't helping either, Wall-E.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Timeater »

Well this is pointless because its just the three of us posting and I'm not very confident about either of you. You're pushing me towards a pbpa and I really dont want to do one, because they're just so time consuming and I told myself I'm gonna wait until more people post.

Will the other 9 people please stand up? :x
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

That bastard Tuber needs to post.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #56) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Timeater »

Is Nati grounded? lol :<
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #57) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Timeater »

Natirasha's parents are international spies. Last night, Nat borrowed their stealth copter and went on a joy ride. When he got home, his parents removed his neurochip that let him access the 'net with his brain, so now he has to break into the datavault (past the cybercloptic spiderbot guards) to check the internet in his subaquatic spy home.
You're quite the character.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #58) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Timeater »

RELAX SON

I'm super happy other people are posting but Tuber has yet to post and may need a replacement.

@Mod - Can we get Tuber replaced or a prodded?

MOD EDIT:
most definitely

Vote: Seraphim

Reasoning: (this is what I was going to write. Then I changed my mind. Disregard half of this but read anyways to see what my current thought process is like. I'll post again later with a myco vote)

1. Wall-E seems down with a myco majority. If he really was a townie, why would he be ok with this? Wouldn't it be a waste? I dont think Illumina understands that it doesn't matter if we confirm him to be flesh or not, because flesh does not equal town. Its not like myco'ing him confirms him or anything. And he has been very subtle about the whole suggestion, TOO cautious, TOO careful. His whole stance is very contradictory, which leads me to believe some part of him is being deceptive. I'm doing a re-read and I'm seeing lots of subtle "Wall-E tells" I dont like. I find myself siding with Porkens over Wall-E most of the time. Except for the part about throwing me in the pit. :P My feelings about that situation are below.

[quote="Spyrex and CF Riot for relevancy and truth!"]He's claimed flesh - if you think he's scum he should be the lynch. If you think he's town, he should be free. Now, the claimed metal that I dont believe, that seems like the correct call for the synth.

I'm unsure of Wall-E's alignment and I have a better lynch candidate, so what's wrong with synthing him? In this particular scenario, I can see why you think TE is a better target, but I personally bet he's town. I'd rather not synth him and waste a good town role.
[/quote]

2. Oh Seraphim. You've been a naughty boy.

[quote="ort"]While there's not a hugely strong case against him I don't like how he posted in other games and _only_ responded in this game when (and immediately after) it was suggested he was lurking. This implies, of course, that he _was_ lurking.[/quote]

And as far as I can tell, he has yet to defend himself against the lurking arguement or adress any of SpyreX's points (only CF Riots). This sort of selective participation is hugely scummy in my eyes. His only defense to the lurking was "thats unfair, and he hasnt had time" But he's had time for other games? I'm not buying it! Add the lurking on top of it, and I've got myself a good myco vote. 

Tl;dr: Wall-E wants to be synth'd so we dont give it to him (dont take the wine!). Seraphim has been an active lurker and has made several scummy posts so we myco him. Looking back I dont think Wall-E has ever mentioned Sera BLAH I DONT LIKE THIS CASE MYSELF
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #59) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

I refuse to accept anyone's assertion that Seraphim is actively lurking this thread based only on his/her site-wide meta. I have said this before, and your assertion to the contrary is noted as a sign you shouldn't be taken too seriously in the future in my book.
That was a start, but its the fact that everything he's said leads to not pro-town results that makes me keep my vote.
Sigh

Ok, mod, I would like to be replaced. I think I am done with mafiascum.net. Have fun everyone!
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #60) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Timeater »

Oh, well my bad.

Still Wall-E's comment was really rude. I'm gotta take a breather...
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #61) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Timeater »

"I'm gotta" lol - @Nat, Naw, I'm good. I just had a really bad experience last game I played here, with that in mind, I over-reacted a little in this situation. Sorry for being a drama queen.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Timeater »

I voted for Seraphim.

Still dont know who to myco...

Myco: Wall-E

Meh.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

Well at this point I honestly just want this day to end so we can get an impression of whats going on tomorrow. Things are starting to stagnate. Much has been discussed about whether its worth it or not to myco someone who has claimed flesh or metal, or someone who hasn't. I came to the conclusion that I honestly dont care a whole lot who we myco -today-, I just want to see it done. And considering you have the most myco votes and are for it, there is no harm in giving you my vote. Effecient bandwagoning.

I'd also like to remind people that it is imperative that we reach a myco vote before a lynch vote. We cannot afford to waste it 1 day in the entire game. So if you are going to lynch vote, please make myco your priority and make sure you dont hit majority before the myco has.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Timeater »

Wall-E wrote:I am not for it. I am ambivalent. I guess I should say I'm against it, since I am for using it on someone to make sure it's used, and I am flesh, so I don't want it to be me.
Really?
Wall-E Nov 06, 2008 8:30 pm wrote:
I'm down to mycosynth me.
It's a waste, but I've been quite vocal, so I can see the appeal of doing so.
And this isnt very reassuring:
I just happened to notice that at first you were all, "sure guys, I don't mind synth votes cause I'm fleshie anyways," and now you've turned into, "well, maybe we should synth the person we're going to lynch." It's extremely weak I'll admit, but the way I read that is you tried to claim flesh town to talk us out of synthing you, (as synthing a fleshie does nothing) and now that you're getting close to it actually happening you're trying to find an alternative. Ergo, steelscum.

Wall-E: Can't argue with any of that. It's all possible. I've already stated why I'm meh about being synthed.
You've been really flip-floppy about the whole thing, which leads me to believe that you are the best candidate for a mycosynth bath. First you say you're for it, then you try to weasel out of it, now you're saying ambivalent (did you edit your post somehow? If so why bother saying you "misspoke earlier" in the same post - I cant find any mention of you saying ambivalent anywhere else? Very strange...)
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #65) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by Timeater »

Can someone point out to me where Wall-E claimed fleshie?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Timeater »

Ahhhh I knew it was in there somewhere, couldn't find it. I guess asking for a full claim will happen after the myco'ing, right? Assuming something happens.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #67) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Timeater »

Oi@ at some of you guys not recognizing the myco/lynch rule.
Wall-E wrote:Nothing would happen. We'll get no information for mycosynthing anyone.
What? If we myco a steel player, we will see the results of stripping of his unkillability. If that were not the case, it would be an extremely easy out for scummer, and they could just all claim fleshie, and would not have to answer about being steel. I think its pretty obvious. Pretty sure you are misinterpreting the answer to Ort's question, which was kind of a silly one, asking if we would find out if they are metal or flesh /before/ they go in, I think the answer should be obvious - of course not. So you are just wrong in that statement.

As for the serum process tomorrow, I'm gonna have to go "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" - I highly recommend we keep on doing the random seruming at least until the endgame. Because on the off chance Tuber is scum, and we just hurfdurf gave him the serum, we need to dedicate ourselves to the random process, so we harvest the greatest benefit from the process - higher probability of a townie receiving a power.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #68) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Timeater »

Well, assuming we have a townie that is confirmed somehow, or predicting some sort of power intervention or extenuating circumstance, I suggest choice serum somewhere in the endgame process because it might be necessary. I cant see the future, and am merely hypothesizing, but I am pretty sure its a possibility.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #69) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Timeater »

Mod:I already answered this question in post 326, but I'll answer it again. You get no knowledge of what they were before they went in, but they'll definitely be flesh coming out.

Wall-E:There has got to be a better way to phrase that.

Fuckin A, right? Seriously I am going to get agitated if it turns out we get absolutely zero information from a myco. I was under the asusmption that if we myco a steel player, we will know that he was stripped of his steelines because we would get some sort of flavor text describing the process. And if we put in a fleshie, nothing would happen in said flavour text because he's fleshie.

CF Riot:
Timeater wrote:
If we myco a steel player, we will see the results of stripping of his unkillability.

No we won't.TE wrote:
If that were not the case, it would be an extremely easy out for scummer, and they could just all claim fleshie, and would not have to answer about being steel.

That is what is going to happen, and I've been saying that all along.
I really have a hard time believing that. And would be kind of dissapointed in the setup if thats the case.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #70) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Timeater »

I'd would also like to point out I claimed with the above assumption ^ in mind.
CF Riot/Me wrote:I guess asking for a full claim will happen after the myco'ing, right?

No, why? What do you mean here? Why would Wall-E full claim? (or anyone technically...grumblegrumble.)
Assuming something happens in the myco process.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #71) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Timeater »

Mod: If Tuber is not getting replaced, can we undo the majority serum vote on him by unvoting/voting a new candidate?
Tuber will eventually get replaced or he will eventually show up.

Big,
huge
, stinking,
_FOS_
on you for that.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #72) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Timeater »

Hulk balls.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #73) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Timeater »

Dunno why Nat is being anal about the votes :P

Also what about Wall-E's clarification question?

I honestly think its extremely foolish of CF Riot to not be going along with the random process when 9/12 people were for the process. Or was it 10/12. Anyway. I dont know what he is trying to achieve with his serum vote. He's an experienced player, he knows Tuber will be replaced due to activity, its just a matter of time. Nat clearly states in his rules lurkers will be replaced. Nat: "Inactivity: If your going to be gone for more than 3 days, tell me. Everyone gets a single prod and then I start the replacement search. I am, however, very leniant if you tell about your absense ahead of time."

This sort of haphazard gamble is either A: an extremely naive townie move or B: a scummy move for power.

Spyre is on my short list so I'm not surprised about his nomination.

Unvote

Vote CF_Riot

Unmycosynth

Mycosynth Wall-E
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #74) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

The majority has already been reached. What are you trying to achieve other than outing yourself as scum buddies?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

yourselves
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Timeater »

You guys (CF&Spyre) are just very foolish or scum, I'm sorry but thats how I feel.

To me, you're just coming off as very transparent. Its going to be hard to convince me that what you are suggesting is not scumy.
CF Riot wrote:The "good reason" is if you don't there's a very high chance that the serum will not be used tonight.
SpyreX wrote:And, yes, all us scum would be outing ourselves for this. Really?
Totally WIFOM there.

I believe Nat will have found a replacement by then. I doubt he would let that happen and you should know that. And I think you do know that, you're just using it as a very weak counter arguement to negate the random process to try to get your scummy slimy hands on the serum.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #77) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unmycosynth

Mycosynth: SpyreX
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #78) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Timeater »

To me this sort of buddy-buddying between SpyreX and Riot in an attempt to undermine the random serum process is a smoking gun. I doubt I will change my vote again.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #79) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Timeater »

Porkens is irrelevant.

Are you trying to breadcrumb to some "lol random lets give the serum to porkens because he's noble kekeke!"

Seriously? Is that all you got?

Just because you keep saying we should myco and lynch me over and over again isn't going to make it happen. If you want to make a case, make a case and quit dwadling. I have done countless protown things this game and I challenge anyone to say I have not. I also challenge anyone to make a PBPA addressing the scummy things I have done. I will gladly address any concerns about my play. Keep on making blind accusations, it makes you look really good (sarcasm).

I hope more people read SpyreX as steel scum. Notice, he is the ONLY person so far to accuse me of being steel scum. He has been the ONLY person so far to continually suggest my mycosynthing and lynching.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #80) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Timeater »

[quote=CF Riot]TE, what makes you think we'll find a replacement in the next 5 days? Nights have been declared as 3 days non-negotiable. He's been away for 9, which means we've already been looking for a replacement for 6 days with no luck. I don't know why you think replacements are that easy to find. Also, I'm pretty sure the priority of finding a replacement for her game wouldn't change whether that person was VT, Power-town or scum for Nati. They'd all be treated the same. I've been against the random assignment from my very first post. I don't know why my opposing it now seems so scummy to you, especially in a situation where it's obviously a bad idea.[/quote]

*Points to the above post where Nat says he is looking for a replacement*

Obviously a bad idea? I thought several people agreed together that its obviously a good idea? Are all those people wrong and you right?

I will help find a replacement for Tuber. I might know some people who could be interested.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #81) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

Porkens isn't irrlevant for the flimsy reasons, again, you're trying to say CFR and I are stupid enough to dance in front of the town as scum buddies. Both of us have expressed the same pro-town feel from him.
It has nothing to do with being stupid. As you once said to me, WIFOM. Can you quit doing it?
I agree with CFR about the serum being useless in the hands of someone not playing. Is that scummy?
Its extremely hardy to believe that Nat would end night without getting a replacement and letting that replacement do any night action with whatever power the serum might grant. THAT ARGUEMENT IS HORRIBLE AND EVERYONE SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE HOW HORRIBLE IT IS. CAPS.
I'd much rather give the serum to Porkens whom I still think was genuine in his "I'd rather not see it used." versus "I AM SOOO TOWN BECAUSE I CLAIMED METAL WHY /EMO I'LL QUIT YET I DIDNT"
Kitty shows his fangs?
"NOTICE, SPYREX IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS IT RIGHT, SOMEHOW THAT IN BIZARRO WORLD WHERE SCUM DANCE IN THE OPEN AND CLAIMING METAL MEANS I AM TOWN HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE IT MAKES HIM TOTALLY SCUM"
You are just failing miserably at trying to belittle me. You are so transparent.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #82) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

edwop: It is extremely hard to believe that Nat would end the night without getting a replacement or just let the serum beneficiary, a no-show who hasn't posted in nine days, do nothing at all just because he can.

^ Worded better for your convience! :P
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #83) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

So basically you have no basis to undermine the random vote based on the inactivity of the recipient. So wait, what was your basis again?
Exactly Ort, thats why I call it a smoking gun.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Timeater »

Now that Nat has posted, they will both retract their statements concerning a new serum beneficiary. But I say the damage is done.

The arguement they were pushing was so ludicrous and illogical I dont how they thought anyone could buy it. I honestly think we have our two best candidates for myco and lynch, after all thats been said and done today.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #85) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Timeater »

CF Riot I actually have probably been playing Mafia alot longer than you. I am not a noob and I dont appreciate you saying I would cheat. I was going to find some people from the site I've played with before. I know you are agitated with my aggression and case towards you, but starting up with ad hominem attacks goes down a black road no one in this game wants to visit.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #86) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Timeater »

I love Kirby, I'll do it.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #87) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Timeater »

Apology accepted.

The second paragraph of your above post is almost entirely WIFOM. The fact of the matter is both you and SpyreX tried to undermine the randomization process with faulty logic and now you are going to pay for that mistake.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #88) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Timeater »

Lol, whatever.

I'm not responding to personal attacks anymore. (which you seem to make alot of when you're not trying to make yourself appear some all-knowing mafia genius - e.g above post)

Ort has already seen how ridiculous your position was. More will follow.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #89) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Timeater »

1. Why not what vote? My vote is on CF_Riot and my Myco is on you.

2. Its ridiculous of you to assume that Natirasha, one of the most clever and unique people on mafiascum, would completely absolve the d1 serum beneficiary of his duties because we were temporarly out a player. Its ridiculous of you to assume that he would just end the night (OR DAY) without action when we are missing such a crucial player.

3. It was proposed and suggested, obviously, that anyone trying to undermine the randomization process would be subject to extreme scrutiny. The fact that you were trying to undermine it on such a small technicality appears to me a failed scum gambit. As a townie, you should have known better. With the attention on Seraphim and Wall-E, you probably thought that such a proposition would have been met with little opposition. You were wrong and now you are going to pay for it.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #90) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by Timeater »

SpyreX you should really stop trying to be funny because you aren't.

Leave the funny to Wall-E.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #91) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Timeater »

The reason I serum'd Spyre is I have a pro-town read on him and I think he's a very logical person in general.
Or he's your scum buddy.
TE, again, explain the logic to me. Anyone who suspects me, explain what kind of gambit this is. I don't think you're using the word correctly unless there's some odd scenario you have cooked up that I just can't picture. As scum, I wouldn't challenge the serum today period because Tuber is not a bad serum candidate for scum and it puts me in the middle of the spot-light regardless. BUT if for some reason I really wanted to try and get it off Tuber and on someone else, I would push for a reroll on the dice and cite Tuber's inactivity, not flat out say "Hey everyone, serum Spyre with me for no reason!"
I really shouldn't have to explain it. Its pretty obvious. The
facts
are this: We, the town, decided that the best way to handle the serum would be to randomize the process, and anyone trying to tinker with the results after the fact would be considered scum. You and SpyreX made the fatal mistake of doing just that. I dont know exactly what you were thinking, but my best guess is, as I have said, you both thought you could use Tuber-inactive thing to your advantage to get a quick foothold on serum usage, perhaps for a few days (you could easily cook up something to make people keep giving SpyreX the serum). You could porbably also use the serum to confirm each other in fashion. Those few days could make or break the game and the scum would know this. You risked going after the serum at such a late date in hopes pork barreling a new serum majority.
Can anyone tell me why saying the same things now that I've been saying all game is scummy, when before it was a-okay? What changed?
What a generalized and open ended statement. Perhaps if you were more specific about what you've been saying I could take this sentence more seriously.
I like all my votes where they are. TE I have a town read on you, but you really need to start playing more pro-town if you're going to be aligned that way.
Sorry, but from where I'm standing I've been playing a hell of alot more pro-town than you. Thanks for playing. :o
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #92) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Timeater »

That makes absolutely zero sense.

Keep grasping at straws though, its fun to watch.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #93) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Timeater »

There is no insinuating going on. This is what I am stating bluntly.

So you're suggesting we lynch you and then I offer myself for the lynch tomorrow? What? What sense does that make? And why would you want to waste a lynch on me? You think I'm steel scum. If you were town, how would such a sacrifice benefit the town? I'm straining to see it. Do you think you dying and your possible subsequent townie reveal makes me scum?

You just aren't making any sense. You seem desperate.

You should have known better to try to undermine the randomization process if you were townie. You really should have. You can attack me all you want, thats fine, but know you have no real defense concerning your attempt to undermine the random serum process.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #94) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

So, I offered you thus. If you are so sure we are scum, why not lynch me? If I turn up town you've got that proof you need to hunt CFR. However, when I turn up town then you should be swung up so fast it makes your head spin.
You used that same arguement with CFR. You seem pretty adamant about defending him. Do you realize how this makes you look?

Also do you realize that I have perfectly legitimate reasons for attacking (aka scumhunting) like this? Do you understand my position concerning the serum and how you tried to undermine what we did? How does that make me scummy?
You have said: CFR AND I are scum because we went against the "consensus of the town" (Which I have asked you to show me and you have not). This would be outing two scum on day 1 for minimal gain, but hey, god forbid we letting strategies that win get in the way.
When I say you went against the 'consensus of the town' I mean exactly that. The majority voted for Tuber to recieve the serum based on the random idea that Wall-E came up with and I nurtured to fruition. Seven people voted for him to receive the serum. Dont understand your confusion there.
So, I offered you thus. If you are so sure we are scum, why not lynch me? If I turn up town you've got that proof you need to hunt CFR. However, when I turn up town then you should be swung up so fast it makes your head spin.
I am content with my CFR vote. He was the person to initially propose we undermine the randomization process. I think you are steel scum, so what would a lynch on you accomplish? I dont believe in wasting my vote.
You, however, have not even shown me (although I agreed to it) this mystical magna carta where it was said that disagreement with this plan = outing yourself as scum. I'd really like to see it.
You have gone through great lengths to show people how smart you are. Do you now expect them to believe you just now had a mental foible concering the cornerstone of d1? The whole IDEA of the random process was that the scum could not interfere at all in the selection process. And here you come, late to the game, trying to interfere. Do you really expect people to believe, that you, a self-proclaimed mafia genius, would not realize how scummy undermining the process would make you look? Its very contradictory.

And since you are so keen about posting suspect lists, I shall post my own:

Wall-E: neutral variable
CF Riot: shortlist scum
Illumina:neutral variable
ortolan: shortlist town
Gremwell: longlist town
Tuberkulos: neutral variable
SpyreX: shortlist scum
Porkens: longlist town
geraintm: neutral variable
TonyMontana: neutral variable
Seraphim: longlist scum

Also@CF Riot - Ortolan and Illumina both voted for Tuberkulos. Ort said he was not really trying to overturn the serum decision, and later called you and SpyreX on your reasoning. Illumina has said so little its hard to get any kind of picture about her/his play. She also suggested we serum someone else ON A RANDOM BASIS. Which is +++town in my eyes.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #95) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Timeater »

Hey Walls remember, color your vote.

(although personally I think we should be mycoing him not lynching. if you can convince me otherwise hey)
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #96) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Timeater »

Why should I be fine with the town losing its only metalloid? D1 no less?

Why is that ok?

When SpyreX self-votes sure, I'll jump on the wagon.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #97) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Timeater »

Can we get a vote count, please?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #98) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Timeater »

An ortolan lynch sounds pretty silly.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #99) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Timeater »

I just think this Ort thing is just one huge distraction to steer people away from the way you and SpyreX were acting earlier. I'm done posting for the night, but myco'ing me is just beyond idiotic. I'll post more tomorrow.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #100) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

Nobody's stepping forward to gain town-cred by defending Timeater. At least one scum would be saying, "I believe Timeater and think we should not synth him" if he were town. At least, that's the working theory. Nobody has, so he's actually scum.
Lol what. Thats pretty ridiculous. Ort is defending me, if that counts for anything. Several people have consistently said they think I'm pro-town. I said I wasn't going to post the rest of the night, but geez at the pace you guys are going its hard to stay away. I can address more stuff tomorrow.

Oh and

Vote: SpyreX
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #101) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Timeater »

I'm hoping his whole lynch-me-please thing is some sort of scum gambit to make him appear so townie people will not end up voting for him. Notice he has not voted for himself yet.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #102) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Timeater »

Why, so you can kamikaze a metal townie before you go down in scummy flames? No thanks.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #103) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Timeater »

I guess we're just going to have to find out? At this point, I dont care. If you turn up unkillable, and you're planning to claim metal townie, you'll get myco'd tomorrow. Doesn't matter anymore.

unvote

Vote: Syprex

unmycosynth

Mycosynth: CF Riot
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #104) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Timeater »

Sad thing is people cannot see how transparent the scum case is to myco me. Ort recognizes it (my obvious scumbuddy & best bud). If you look back to the reactions after I initially claimed, lots of people said I read town, and my claim and style was very townie. That being the case, the scum have tried to rationalize my myco'ing as some sort of twisted necessity. Not only have they attacked my character, they have attacked my playstyle and the few people who have tried to align with me. WIFOM here, so take this with a grain of salt: I simply am the biggest threat the scum face right now. Of course they would be pushing for my mycosynthing adamantly - and if they achieve it d1, kuddos to them. I recommend everyone who has gotten caught up the past few pages and do a re-read of the entire thread, and then post with thoughts, new myco/vote tallies, whatever. And on that note I NEED TO GO TO SLEEP. :P
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #105) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Timeater »

When I flip town you definitely aren't going to show the best judgment and, honestly, will look scummy.
Ditto. You are going to look really silly.

You've been antagonizing me and persecuting me constantly. You are basically now forcing me and others to lynch you. We -have- to call your bluff. This is not a great townie move. I think you'll realize this when everything is said and done.

CF Riot attacked my character when he said he think I would cheat when I said I would help look for a replacement.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #106) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Timeater »

I am not CFR, wooo.
I was not only addressing you.
You are scum.
Lol no. When I turn town, whether it be tomorrow or at role-reveal at the end of the game, can I get an e-cookie from you? And maybe some e-milk? And then truce maybe? O.o
BTW, nice "I'm not sure you're scum now" move to try to look better when I come up town.
Its not a move, this is a mafia, and nothing is for certain. I am hoping you are scum, I really am. But you have pushed people to this inexorable position to vote for you. You say you want to be lynched. If you're scum, we cannot risk a bluff on your part. If your townie, well, you're just a townie, and we dont lose a whole bunch. Remember, you are the person suggesting we lynch the equivalent of a claimed doctor or cop D2 (myco+lynch). Thats generally not very good town play, mr mafia guru.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #107) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Timeater »

Ohh, and if again the world hates me and you are (bad) town.. just look at my sig.

I feel no remorse.
If thats the way you are going to be - Nah, I'm a better player than you. Thx4playing though.
Porkens wrote:TE, which is more important, keeping your metal or lynching spyrex?

It would be a pretty damn obvious bait and switch if he didn't make good on his self-vote promise after you 'synthed yourself.
Keeping my metal. But if I synth myself, I am more likely to be synthed before SpyreX lynched. And I cant have that.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #108) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Timeater »

Also thats a pretty tricky questions Pork, because either answer can be used against me. I honestly think keeping my metallic status (for now) is the best action for the town. One part of me thinks SpyreX is a conniving scum, playing with his life in an attempt to bring down a metal townie - because he's already been had concerning his tampering in the randomization process. Another part of me thinks he's just an overblown egotistical townie idiot who thinks he's the best thing for mafia since the invention of doctor role.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #109) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol, wrong account. ^ but dats meee
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #110) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

I wouldn't mind getting behind a Wall-E myco. He's been acting pretty predatory and opportunistic the past few pages, which is a far cry from how he was posting 5+ pages ago when people were considering him for mycoing. CF I still think you made a huge mistake concerning the serum situation and your attempt to manipulate it, and I will not forget that, but I dont see people going for a myco on you. I am switching my myco to Wall-E, in hopes of discouraging people from a bandwagon on me.

Unmycosynth

Mycosynth: Wall-E
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #111) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

SpyreX, this is my last plea to you:

You are really letting your personal feelings (me "irking" you) get in the way of seeing things clearly. I think thats apparent to alot of people. If you really are just telling the truth, and you are townie, what is happening here is you are just suiciding yourself in order to get (probably) the only metal townie get synth'd. You have put the town in an impossible position.

Also, SpyreX, since you want to die, there will be no harm in copy/pasting your role pm before you do so.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #112) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

I am switching my myco to Wall-E, in hopes of discouraging people from a bandwagon on me.
Yes, they are pro-town motives. We dont know if there are any other metal townies in the game, and it is highly plausible there are not. I am doing what I feel necessary to protect the town's greatest known asset: myself.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #113) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Timeater »

I will gladly accept a mycosynthing d3+ if it makes the town feel better. Hopefully by then someone will have been able to confirm me (assuming someone gets a cop power). D1 is just not the wisest time for it. No way jose.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #114) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Timeater »

I will gladly accept a mycosynthing d3+ if it makes the town feel better. Hopefully by then someone will have been able to confirm me (assuming someone gets a cop power). D1 is just not the wisest time for it. No way jose.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #115) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by Timeater »

I did not know how you would respond. I did not know what type of players I was dealing with.

I think its a perfectly acceptable compromise. I will be fine with a mycosynth d3+ if the town wills it. I will even vote myself. Like I have said before, what you are asking is that the town basically strip a claimed doctor or cop of his powers d1. It is the same situation, and my worth is equivalent in this game. You can moan all you want about how horrible I am, but you aren't the best player yourself and have made multiple mistakes.

Its impossible for anyone to play a perfect townie game. I have made mistakes, almost everyone has. Every single person who has posted a decent amount has made mistakes that the town can interpret as a scum tell.

What part of my claim dont you believe? First, you thought I was lying about my alignment. You think my claim is safe, so you dont think I'm lying about my metallyness or name. So if I'm not lying about my name, how can you explain the mtg flavor? Triskelion is considered a good character in the mtg lore. You have conviently ignored that. I know some players currently in this game dont put alot of stock in claims, but you have to ask yourself, if you think I am scum, and you think I am lying, what am I lying about? Have I just completely fabricated my entire claim? Did I research mtg cards and find Triskelion, and say, hey, "looks I can use that to cover my scum claim in this game". Or did I just alter my role-pms text, adding in the bit about helping the town?

It comes down to two trains of thought if you think I'm scum:

I either A: made up the entire claim, including the name and mtg card, just to tailor-fit this game, and all of it has been total BS.

Or B: I altered the text of my Role PM a little so I would appear town.

Problems with A: I had no idea what this game was about before I even signed up. I thought this game was apart of the Spherewalker universe, a d&d-type game by Greg Stolze. I had no idea it was an mtg-based game. Considering I have made a few blunders this game, which I am fine with admitting, what A is proposing is that I came up with this brilliant role claim that fits this game and its style perfectly.

Problems with B: If I did alter the text of my role PM, explain the Triskelion mtg connection? According to the mtg wiki, Triskelion is a badass mofo with three detachable arms and is a useful and versatile creation of Tawnos, apprentice of Urza, one of the biggest "good guys" in mtg lore. Ok, but wait Timeater, what if you just replaced your evil scum name with Triskelions? Hasn't it been said by multiple people that they think Nat would provide the scum with safeclaims? If I had a name like Gro'Balzvda, Dark Lord of The Blood Realm - would that be considered a safeclaim? - yea right. It doesn't add up.

Can someone OTHER than SpyreX please sound in? Tony maybe? Porkens? Gertainm? Gremwell? Wall-E? ETC
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #116) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

@Walls

1. I claimed, believe it or not, because I thought it was the best thing to do. I did not know how the town would react to my claim. If that was a monumental mistake, so be it. From now I will just lurk when town oppurtunity knocks. Lurking solves everything.

2. So you are just ignoring my above post and the points I have made in it? Nice. What is 100% town? Its either I'm town or I'm scum. Which is it? There is no middle ground. Nat was very clear about the layout, he made no mention of an SK. Only vanilla townies, mafia, and metalloids. What about all the good stuff I have down for the town? Like sit down and try to discuss logically what the best route of action concerning the serum would be, weighing benefits and disadvantages? Why would a scummer bother doing that? I could go on and on and on about shit I've done this game that has been pro-town. Do I have to make my own megapost?

3. This makes no sense. If you do not want to gamble, that is fine. Myco me d3 if you must. All I am asking is time for the serum beneficiary (who will be random) to possibly check me out in the mean time. I'd also like to say that 2 basically contradicts 1. If you believed everything I had said by the tone of my posts, you would believe me about what I have said about the claim. You're being very fence-sitty.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #117) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by Timeater »

@Porkens
So, TE, you've said now that your might have had some flaw, do you still think SpyreX was scummy for coming after you?
They way he has gone about it is very solitary. I still honestly dont know. I cannot say with certainty what alignment I think he is. Apart of me still thinks that because of the tenacity he has showed in attacking me, it must be a sign of scumminess (e.g fear of a metal townie, the gambit to destroy him). I'm not willing to give that up.
To A and B; I appreciate what you're trying to get across here, but, sadly, we can't really rely on the flavor to tell us alignment. We could argue back and forth about why Triskelion should be good (used on Urza's side), bad, or neutral (artifact, a tool, 3rd party), but it doesn't mean anything, ultimately.
Sigh, I guess. But that seems like a forced rationalization for some otherwise pretty good proof. I can understand your skepticism. I really can. But where I come from (where I used to play mafia), claiming is everything. Claiming is the game maker or breaker. Personally, my strongest mafia suit is sniffing implausibilities in claims. I put alot of emphasis on claims, and I believe everyone should. I can accept that some people do not, and realize their reasons.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #118) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 pm

Post by Timeater »

@Wall-E

Wow, I didnt know you had a nasty side. I dont believe I have insulted you at all in this entire game, in fact I've been a fan of yours. What happened to no ad hom attacks? But in just one post you manage to call me trashy, stupid, and insulting.

I realized what you wrote in point 2, but I thought it best to go on like you didnt mean it, CONSIDERING YOU ARE VOTING TO MYCO ME.

Whatever.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #119) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Timeater »

It didn't sound like you were "just stirring the pot". It read pretty genuine and vicious to me - but if you want to backpedal and keep your funny-guy image, sure, go for it. I honestly am not the type of person to get riled up when attacked like that. I dont respond well to those kind of attacks, and if you do it enough I'll just become a punching bag and it becomes very depressing. Thats just the way I am. The game isn't worth playing if the people you are playing it with make you feel like something less than a person just because you might mess up or see things differently.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #120) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Timeater »

Pretty much agree with everything Ort posted above.

His refusal to post his role pm pushes me towards the idea that he's trying to kamikaze himself to killing the only known metal townie.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (isolation #121) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Timeater »

I will plead now.

LET ME SAY FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME: MYCOSYNTHING ME TODAY IS PARAMOUNT TO LYNCHING A CLAIMED DOCTOR OR COP D1. IT IS THE SAME SITUATION. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE SCUM.

I WILL MYCO VOTE MYSELF THE START OF DAY THREE IF I HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANY RANDOM SERUM USER. THIS IS MY OATH.

THE SCUM CANNOT WIN WITHOUT MYCOING THE METAL TOWNIE(S). THINK ABOUT THAT. CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY THAT SPYREX IS KAMIKAZING HIMSELF TO GET RID OF THE BIGGEST SCUM THREAT THEY CURRENTLY KNOW OF. PLEASE THINK ABOUT THAT.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #122) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Timeater »

PONTIFICATE!

MORE CAPS

1#) SORRY BUT THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS. THE VALUE OF ME BEING METAL DOES NOT FLUX DEPENDING IF PEOPLE BELIEVE ME OR NOT, GOOD TRY THOUGH. ASKING FOR RANDOM SERUM BENEFICIARIES TO INVESTIGATE ME IS A FLAWLESS TOWNIE PLAN. WHY WOULD A SCUMMER DO THAT?

2#) ASSUMING WE HAVE 2 STEEL SCUM AND ONE FLESH SCUM (WHICH WOULD BE EXTRA HARDMODE IMO, AND SORT IF IMPLAUSIBLE) WE HAVE UNTIL THERE ARE SEVEN PEOPLE ALIVE BEFORE LYLO ASSUMING WE HAVEN'T LYNCHED ANY SCUM. THIS IS ALSO ASSUMING WE DO NOT LYNCH A METALLOID, OR WE CREATE ANOTHER TOWNIE METALLOID. AT THE BEGINNING OF DAY THREE, 8 PEOPLE WILL BE ALIVE. IF EVERYONE IS SURE I AM STEEL SCUM, WOULD I NOT BE PUTTING THE NAILS IN MY COFFIN FOR DAY FOUR? OR AM I ACTUALLY FLESH SCUM AND HAVE BEEN LYING ABOUT THE WHOLE THING? YEA THATS IT!!!!

3#) YOU CAN TOTALLY WIN WITHOUT MYCOING THE METAL TOWNIES. UM, NO. PRETTY SURE MOST SCUM'S WIN CONDITION IS: YOU WIN WHEN ALL TOWNIES ARE DEAD OR COMPROMISE A MAJORITY OVER THE TOWN. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE AN EXTREMELY HARD TIME IN THE ENDGAME ACCOMPLISHING A 'MYSLYNCH" WHICH I TAKE TO MEAN ITS LYNCHING SOMEONE WHO IS NOT A CLAIMED METALOID, TO ACHIEVE THE MAJORITY. IT WILL BE BLATANTLY TRANSPARENT. ALSO, I HAVE SAID MULTIPLE TIMES THAT I HAVE AN OPEN MIND CONCERNING METAL TOWNIES. I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. PLEASE DO KEEP TRYING TO TWIST MY WORDS TO SUIT WHATEVER ARGUEMENT YOU ARE MAKING. IT MAKES YOU LOOK REALLY GREAT.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #123) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Timeater »

@SpyreX- Its pointless trying to convince you of anything. You're right, everyone else is wrong, and thats that. I sigh at you sir.

No Seraphim, there isn't.

Right now, there are only vanilla townies, metalloids, and mafia. That is what Nat said. He wouldnt lie to us.

IMO this setup heavily favors the scum if there is more than one metalscum. But who knows what the serum does.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #124) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Timeater »

Vote: Timeater

Its best I die so there is no lingering doubt about me being scum. This way, people can just move on. People who myco'd me really have no reason not to vote for me now. Just get it over with and hopefully everyone can move on once its done.

I still suggest we randomly serum someone. This time instead of three people lets have six participate. I will start. As before, we will take all numbers rolled, including repeats, and then a d6 dice will be rolled to determine the beneficiary among the already rolled numbers. All numbers in rolls will be factored from the top down in player lists. Please roll a d10 die.

1.CF Riot
2.Illumina
3.ortolan
4.Gremwell
5.Porkens
6.MafiaSSK
7.geraintm
8.TonyMontana
9.Seraphim
10.Timeater

My Roll:

d10 = 1952565150

Mycosynth: MafiaSSK

He did not die during the night. This merely could be a case of the scum hoping people would take this line of thought, or were worried that the serum beneficiary would be immune to attack, but its something we can put to the test. Also about the Wall-E death, it works well that an outsider, ala SSK, would recognize his skill and would go for an easy kill without having to worry reprocussions like say, one of Wall-E's enemies would. Its a good choice for him.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #125) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

Wat.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #126) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Timeater »

That is really weird.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #127) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

If you voted to mycosynth me, you have no defense against not voting for me now. Just do it.

Tony, you are doing it wrong. Once six people roll, another person will roll a d6 die. The result of that roll will decide who to serum.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #128) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Timeater »

I'm going to ask again: does anyone want me to roleclaim?
Yes. I do. Please roleclaim.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #129) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Timeater »

If you voted to mycosynth me, you have no defense against not voting for me now.

MODEDIT: Eliminated the other 10000 repetitions of this statement.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #130) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Timeater »

The Magic List

Porkens CF Riot TonyMontana Seraphim
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #131) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Timeater »

Do it
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #132) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Timeater »

However, I do suppose ti could confirm someone. Timeater, claim now.
Um? Dude I claimed like page 4. Lolz. Did you even bother with a read-through?

Why did CF Riot recieve the serum last night?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #133) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol, you're all idiots
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #134) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

@Gremwell, Illumina, MafiaSSK, Geraintm

SpyreX(7): Timeater, TonyMontana, SpyreX(DEADTOWN), CF Riot, Porkens, Seraphim, ortolan
ortolan(1): Gremwell
Not Voting: MafiaSSK, geraintm, Porkens, Wall-E

Mycosynth Count
Wall-E(3): Illumina, Gremwell, timeater
Timeater(7): SpyreX(DEADTOWN), Porkens, CF Riot, Wall-E(DEADTOWN), TonyMontana, Seraphim, ortolan
This leaves us with Porkens, CF Riot, TonyMontana, Seraphim, and Ortolan who share a common voting bloc with lynching a townie and stripping a metal-townie of his status. I personally think Ortolan has been playing very pro-town so I do not factor him in. That brings me to my magic list.

Porkens, CF Riot, TonyMontana, and Seraphim

Town, start myco'ing and lynching people from that list and you
WILL
win the game. Its
VERY
simple. Some of them have already been reluctant to vote for me. Warning sirens should be going off in your head. You have been way too quiet. Now is the time for action.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (isolation #135) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote

Unmycosynth
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #136) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by Timeater »

lolllllllllllllllllllllll
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #137) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

My damn browser automatically logs me on as accounts other than Timeater, its annoying.

No Gera, it was only in red to get your attention.

I'm not attacking SSK anymore. Although I do find his play quite lacking and poor. His "confirmation" on me sounded rather lame and he hasnt gone into details at all. Also, I dont think he has bothered actually reading the thread. I only myco'd him to put some pressure on him and get him to say more than one or two lines. I'm fine with being today's lynch if it brings the town closer together and closes loose ends. But people have to realize some of the points I have made - notice the reluctance of some of the people who voted to myco me have made before voting for me (Tony, CF Riot, Seraphim, etc) - That really should tell you something. Recognize the voting bloc found d1. Recognize that that particular bloc has a habbit of screwing over townies.

I'm really not getting the whole CF-Serum thing. It makes zero sense because EVERYONE OTHER THAN SCUM AND METALLOIDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE
VANILLA
. READ THE STARTING RULES AND READ WHAT NAT ORIGINALLY SAID WHEN STARTING THE GAME IN THE QUEUE.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (isolation #138) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Timeater »

Mod wrote:Concerning the Blinkmoth Serum: The Blinkmoth Serum is a substance that activates the inate abilities of a person.
All players at the start of the game are vanilla.
To gain abilities, they must be imbued with the Blinkmoth Serum.
You may only vote for one person to get Serum, though. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be imbibed with serum.
Serum only lasts one day/night cycle.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #139) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Timeater »

Correcting typos now, A+++ thread mos def
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #140) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Timeater »

I am Diomedes (obviously).

Like I said, my browser logged me on to that account and I accidently posted as it.

Glissa Sunseeker ehh...She seems to be the main character in a mirrodin book. Interesting. If I dont see a counter-claim I'd be inclined to believe it.

I really think anyone implying or claiming abilities is just lolnoobscum who forgot to read the rules carefully. (COUGH COUGH HMM I WONDER WHO THAT COULD BE.)

MafiaSSK, What did you do last night? Did you give CF Riot serum in any capacity?

you almost have me sitting there going that you must have a really odd role that invovles getting killed, or trike getting bounced ot hand so it can be replayed with its counters back on.
OH MY GOD

Concerning the Blinkmoth Serum: The Blinkmoth Serum is a substance that activates the inate abilities of a person.
All players at the start of the game are
vanilla
. To gain abilities, they must be imbued with the Blinkmoth Serum.
You may only vote for one person to get Serum, though. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be imbibed with serum.
Serum only lasts one day/night cycle.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #141) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Timeater »

Yay massclaim tiem!

Ort, dont set your sights too high in hopes of people actually using deductive logic and reasoning to work out a lynch. I just dont see it happening in this game.

About Seraphim

A: His role is bogus as fuck

B: Nat made a mistake writing the rules
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (isolation #142) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Timeater »

Its really simple.

If Nat made a mistake, he needs to come out and say so now. Otherwise I will be inclined to believe Sera is lying about his role because it directly contradicts what the mod said about the game. You cannot twist that into something it is not.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #143) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Timeater »

He's not going to answer because he'd be confirming Seraphim. Duh. But I think his topiclock/issue is evidence enough. He obviously was confronted with the dilema I proposed, so he consulted MeMe or whoever, or thought it over himself. He came to the conclusion that he shouldn't say anything about the subject, because if he admits the mistake it has possible game-making/breaking applications. Another thing about the vanillaness, one could argue that that line is already obviously untrue because of the existence of mafia and metalloids. But that line of thought fails because the vanilla thing was obviously implied for townies only.

Proceed with the mass claim.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (isolation #144) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Timeater »

OMFG.

Opera blows.

Vote: Porkens

Mycosynth: CF Riot
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #145) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Timeater »

You know what, how about you just replace me there are other games I'd like to concentrate on. Thanks.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”